PDA

View Full Version : BrownLeader 4 Rounds (1/4)

Brown Leader
02-04-2011, 09:50 AM
*Post Senior Week Update* (2/4)

1 Carolina Panthers - Nick Fairley DT Auburn*
Number one priority may be a QB but I doubt they look at another rookie this year. Newton might be tempting and Chudzinski is a good OC but the pressure for rapid development and immediate gain from a #1 overall pick might be detrimental for Cam. A guy I liked coming out who they might look at, that I wondered what had happened to before he got a surprise start last season, is Drew Stanton. I can also see Braylon Edwards reuniting with Chud if NY lets him go. Fairley is arguably this draft’s most dominant defensive player and DT is one the their biggest needs. Ron Rivera is old school and probably likes Fairley’s style of play. Fairley = Warren Sapp with long arms.

2 Denver Broncos - Patrick Peterson CB LSU*
Peterson is one of the safer prospects in the draft and should make an immediate impact. Sounds like Champ will help another team this season making PP the necessary choice. Even if Fox is considering switching the defensive scheme I think PP would rate higher than Bowers. Tebow will get the opportunity to show he is not a starting NFL QB and Elway and Co. will get to draft Luck #1 next year. Peterson is like a Charles Woodson vII.

3 Buffalo Bills - Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri*
Scott mentioned Gabbert as a possible #1 pick next season had he stayed and Luck declared, and Gailey has made comments regarding not passing on a top talent if they’re on the board-sure that could apply to Miller or anyone else but Gailey has also mentioned Fitzpatrick’s age and the opportunity of drafting high and having a shot at a franchise QB that you might not get every year. It would be an ideal situation for Gabbert to transition to a pro offense behind the professor. Plus you’ve got the makings of a classic nickname-Buffalo Blaine. I was likening Gabbert to Alex Smith but he’s stronger armed and physically bigger-he just looks like a bigger version of Fitzpatrick to me-especially with the way he aggressively attempts to fit the ball into tight windows.

4 Cincinnati Bengals - AJ Green WR Georgia*
Marvin might persuade Palmer to come back on board and not have to make a desperate move for a starting QB here or in a possible shortened FA period-I’ve no doubt Lewis would like to draft Newton but with probably only a year left coaching the Bengals, barring a great season, it would be wasteful to take a developmental QB here, only to have a new staff arrive the following season. Simpson looked like a #1 imo but it was only for two games-Ship could perhaps be a starter on the outside but looks more suited to stay in the slot-so Green just adds more flavor. However, if Palmer is deadset, the most interesting new QB for this team would be Vince Young. A.J.Green reminds me of a tall Ocho minus the gift of gab.

5 Arizona Cardinals - Von Miller OLB Texas A&M
Miller’s stock is through the roof making this a pretty standard projection now at #5. Skelton physically looks the part and once he learns to read defenses I think he’ll be a solid starter-he’s got a little Big Ben in him imo. Some mocks have Prince here but I got the impression Toler played well this past season and it might be too early to give up on DRC. Miller looks like a thinner Shaun Phillips.
Prev: Robert Quinn DE/OLB UNC*

6 Cleveland Browns - Cameron Newton QB Auburn*
Mangini’s firing is an indication that Holmgren had a plan already in place. That plan might also include drafting a big time QB prospect this year and bringing in guys who would not have fit into Mangini’s squeaky clean good guy roster. I think it's conceivable Colt might be looked at still as a guy who could be a serviceable starter but not much more. Taking a developmental QB like Newton is not exactly giving up on Colt because of the learning curve Newton needs. Shurmur and now Whipple were brought in to mold the new franchise QB and I don’t think anyone is ready to declare McCoy as that guy. Newton is something like a raw Roethlisberger and might have too good of an upside for Holmgren/Heckart to pass. The only way they pass on a QB imo is if McNabb comes to Cleveland.

7 San Francisco 49ers – Marcell Dareus DE Alabama*
Beginning to see what’s to like about Marcel. Dareus makes a pretty safe first choice for Harbaugh. I don’t see them coveting any of the rookie QBs besides maby Stanzi in the late rounds, even though the CBA might dictate they get a QB sooner, but still not first round imo. McNabb would make an interesting vet choice if he’d be willing to come to the west coast. Another guy I could see returning to the west coast and playing for Harbaugh is Leinart. Dareus compares to a 2010 Jay Ratliff with extra pounds.
Prev: Jake Locker QB Washington

8 Tennessee Titans – Da’Quan Bowers DE Clemson*
After Gabbert and Newton I’m not sure any other QBs make the first round. Bowers is considered a candidate for #1 so if he makes it past Clev and Cin I think Tenn would snatch him up. Even if Babin stays I can see the Titans going with a DE. Babin was still a situational guy last season , is 31, and Bowers has the versatility to move inside on passing downs. Morgan, Jones, Bowers and maby Babin could dampen the high powered attacks of Indianapolis and Houston. Bowers is a stockier Ray Edwards.
Prev: Ryan Mallett QB Arkansas*

9 Dallas Cowboys - Prince Amukamara CB
Rob Ryan’s schemes depend heavily on the backend holding up well-a primary weakness of the Cowboys last season. I think Prince will show up shorter than expected-5’11 and maby a little slower too but still gives the Cowboys an upgrade. Depending on how eye popping Tryon Smith’s workouts go, I think he could also be targeted. Prince reminds me now of Leon Hall.

10 Washington Redskins – Robert Quinn DE/OLB UNC*
Unbelievably, Kyle Shanahan has gotten Grossman to look like a competent QB-still not a long term solution but decent enough to not have to make a desperate move in the first for a QB-the second round is a different matter. The Skins might be in a position to just take the BPA in the first and take another pass rusher. With the high powered passing attacks of NYG, Dall and Philly, it might be a necessity. Quinn’s a like a bulked up Michael Johnson.
Prev: Julio Jones WR Alabama*

11 Houston Texans – Aldon Smith OLB/DE Missouri*
High for a such a raw talent like Smith but after the combine, where he’ll probably show the athletic ability to play as a hybrid end, teams will covet him. An extremly raw Justin Tuck imo.
Prev: J.J. Watt DE Wisconsin*

12 Minnesota Vikings – Tyron Smith OT USC*
I think the Vikings could give up their 2nd for Kevin Kolb, who is familiar with the offense and could step right in. Smith could sit for a season and then take over for McKinnie in 12. Easiest comparison is DBrickashaw.

13 Detroit Lions – Akeem Ayers OLB UCLA*
Lions should be desperate to improve this position. Ayers appear to be a good comparison to departing LB Peterson and will probably put on a show at the combine.
Prev: Da’Quan Bowers DE Clemson*.

14 St. Louis Rams – J.J. Watt DT/DE Wisconsin*
Watt is more suited for a 34 imo but is versatile enough to line up in a 43 scheme playing inside and out. Watt looks like another Justin Smith to me.
Prev: Cameron Jordan DE California

15 Miami Dolphins TRADE to Kansas City Chiefs – Ryan Kerrigan OLB Purdue
Betting Pioli likes Kerrigan enough to move up and get him. Chiefs give up the #85 pick to Miami to move up. Even though he admitted he was a little rusty at senior week practices I think Kerrigan might be too small to hold up consistently as a 43 DE and will need to make a permanent switch to 34 OLB, despite that he’ll probably struggle in space.
Prev: Akeem Ayers OLB UCLA*

16 Jacksonville Jaguars – Julio Jones WR Alabama*
Del Rio’s been looking for a #1 WR since Jimmy Smith retired. MSW might bail and adding more talent around Garrard might help-or not. The secondary needs help but I can’t see Jack passing up Julio, especially after the broken hand thing. Jones is like a Detroit Roy Williams.
Prev: Brandon Harris CB Miami*

17 New England Patriots(f/OAK)- Cameron Jordan DE California
After looking like the most dominant prospect in Mobile, Jordan should have solidified a top 20 pick. Pats might covet Kerrigan but Jordan might end up the more dominate pro.
Prev: Aldon Smith OLB/DE Missouri*

18 San Diego Chargers – Jon Baldwin WR Pittsburgh*
I think the Chargers have to plan that VJack will leave. Baldwin might show some CJ like measurables at the combine and convince teams he’ll be Megatron II: Optimus.
Prev: Marcell Dareus DE Alabama*

19 New York Giants – Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin
Between Solder and Carimi I think the Giants would go Carimi-more consistent and fits the run first approach they need to get back to.
Prev: Nate Solder OT Colorado

20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Justin Houston DE Georgia*
Houston is not very fast and reportedly is a beast in the weight room. As a stand up guy I think he would get exposed in space but I think he could be a mismatch as a quick undersized 43 end-Trent Cole style.
Prev: Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin

21 Kansas City Chiefs TRADE to Miami Dolphins - Mike Pouncey OG Florida
Dolphins are in a difficult state. No question they've lost confidence in Henne long term but might not be willing to gamble on a questionable QB with their top pick. Whether it was the aging RBs or the disappointing Oline the running game suffered last season. The Dolphins need to lean on the run game again and need better inside push. Trading back and going Oline and picking up another 3rd seems like a good deal. I don’t quite see the Pouncey love myself but he’s a consensus top 20 prospect and Mayock claimed he plays exactly like his brother.
Prev: Mark Ingram RB Alabama*

22 Indianapolis Colts – Nate Solder OT Colorado
If coach Metzelaars can make Charlie Johnson a competent LT he should make Solder an all pro. The injuries and declining line made Manning look human… for a few games.
Prev: Derek Sherrod OT Mississippi State*

23 Philadelphia Eagles – Anthony Castonzo OT Boston College
Eagles need to replace Justice and Philly fans would fall in love with Castonzo. __Insert S.Philly jokes.
Prev: Ben Ijalana OT Villanova

24 New Orleans Saints – Mark Ingram RB Alabama*
If Ingram regains his 09 form the Saints would be a scary team. Figuring the Saints will gamble on that.
Prev: Ryan Kerrigan DE Purdue

25 Seattle Seahawks – Stephen Paea DT Oregon
The run defense was solid last season until Cole and Mebane went down but Mebane is a FA and Cole is heading into his 9th season. I think eventually Carroll will make the switch to the 34 defense. By that time Paea should grow into a prototype NT, in the mean time still he could fill Mebane’s spot and help the Hawks run defense.
Prev: Stefan Wisniewski C/OG Penn State

26 Baltimore Ravens – Cameron Heyward DE Ohio State
Ironhead II is the type of talent who could get pushed by the Ravens all pros and blow up as a rookie, ..as in dominant on the field not bust open his head.
Prev: Jimmy Smith CB Colorado

27 Atlanta Falcons – Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame*
Rudolph is a safe pick and can take over at TE when Tony moves on. If Mason Foster runs better than expected I could envision him going first round here as well or Hankerson if he runs well.

28 New England – Stefan Wisniewski C/OG Penn State
The kind of solid unspectacular pick the Patriots like to make and Wisniewski seems a good fit at G and eventually C.
Prev: Trade f/ Marcus Gilbert

29 New York Jets – Phil Taylor DT Colorado
I think Taylor would be a better fit in a 43 defense but his size and potential projects well to DE or NT in a 34 and the Jets might not be willing to pass.
Prev: Von Miller OLB Texas A&M

30 Chicago Bears – Derek Sherrod OT Mississippi State
Bears can’t afford to pass up a potential LT, especially not in a Martz offense.
Prev: Anthony Castonzo OT Boston College

31 Green Bay Packers – Jabaal Sheard DE/OLB Pittsburgh
There's always a hybrid guy that blows up post season and gets 1st round consideration. Where was this guy Senior week? Still think he’ll generate enough buzz to raise his stock before April.

32 Pittsburgh Steelers – Ben Ijalana OT Villanova
Oline has got to be the #1 priority and Ijalana could be a small school gem.
Prev: Cameron Heyward DE Ohio State

`

Round 2

33 New England Patriots(f/CAR) – Len Hankerson WR Miami
Dominant enough Senior week that if he runs better than expected he’s probably an easy 1st round pick and the Pats are really missing a go to guy at WR. Could Randy return?
Prev:Rodney Hudson OG/C Florida State

34 Denver Broncos – Adrian Clayborn DE Iowa
Clayborn is a candidate for draft day faller. Not a superb outside rusher and not quite big or strong enough for DT. Add to that some character questions I’ve heard rumored and medical issues…and yeah.

35 Buffalo Bills – Marcus Cannon OT TCU
Another senior week no show with lots to prove at the combine but I think Cannon could step in as a rookie and man the right side of a team’s line.
Prev: Allen Bailey DE Miami

36 Cincinnati Bengals - Dan Watkins OG/T Baylor
Dominated as expected senior week. Immediately helps any teams interior Oline.

37 Arizona Cardinals – Martez Wilson ILB Illinois*
Schofield, Miller, Washington, Wilson = sick.
Prev: Mike Pouncey OG Florida

38 Cleveland Browns – Greg Little WR North Carolina
Another guy awol senior week. Still see Little as the best yac WR in the draft and an almost prototype WCO WR who will raise his stock during combine & workouts. Reminds me of Miles Austin.

39 San Francisco 49ers – Brandon Harris CB Miami*
Unless he runs a blistering time, a guy I can see falling out of the first round and into the Niners lap.
Prev: Jeremy Beal OLB Oklahoma

40 Tennessee Titans – Ryan Mallett QB Arkansas*
First round talent but footwork and decision making and the rumored character ******** are big enough concerns to drop him. Titans could resign Collins to mentor his clone here on how to properly lobb the ball up for Britt, hand off to CJ and keep his mouth shut.
Prev: Jon Baldwin WR Pittsburgh*

41 Dallas Cowboys– Marcus Gilbert OT Florida
Lived up to the pre senior week buzz and showed up bigger and better.
Prev: Marcus Cannon

42 Washington Redskins - Colin Kaepernick QB Nevada
Becoming one of the most intriguing prospects after showing well, considering where he came from, at senior week practices. He’s one guy I can’t think of any comparisons for-the Cunningham ones are off base-Randall was a supreme scrambler-CK is strictly a straight line speed guy. Big upside QB project for Kyle Shanahan.
Prev: Justin Houston OLB Georgia*

43 Houston Texans – Jarvis Jenkins NT Clemson
I’m thinking Jenkins will be looked at as a 34 NT and raise his stock. Can’t think of any Crank that Bernie joke references.
Prev: Deunta Williams S North Carolina.

44 Minnesota TRADE to Philadelphia Eagles – Quan Sturdivant OLB North Carolina
Vikings give up the #44 pk for Kolb. Eagles need a LB that can cover and is versatile enough to blitz on occasion. Another guy I missed senior week.

45 Detroit Lions – Jimmy Smith CB Colorado
Adept press CB that fits the Lions scheme and fills a desperate need.
Prev: Mason Foster LB Washington

46 St. Louis Rams – Christian Ballard DE Iowa
Better suited outside in a 43 scheme and showed well at Mobile. Spag should look to stack pass rushers like his Giants did.
Prev: Drake Nevis DT LSU

47 Denver Broncos (F/MIA) – Jeremy Beal LB Oklahoma
I think Beal is versatile enough to play ILB as well but even if not he creates depth and pushes Ayers. If by chance Fox scraps the 34 he might still fit at end.
Prev: Martez Wilson ILB Illinois*

48 Jacksonville Jaguars – Jake Locker QB Washington
Big concerns over his accuracy and lack of progress under Sark are probably enough to undue the first rate measurables. Looks more and more to me like a baseball player rather than QB-something about that blank stare. Regardless, the Jags will jump all over this because they start Dave Garrard. Imo that’s who Locker compares most to though.
Prev: Ahmad Black S Florida

49 Oakland Raiders – Rodney Hudson OG/C Florida State
Perfect fit for the scheme and should start from day one. If Campbell steps up and can play RT, the Raiders would have a dominate Oline.
Prev: John Moffit C Wisconsin

50 San Diego Chargers – Muhammad Wilkerson DE Temple*
Don’t know much other than the buzz but the Chargers could certainly use an upgrade at DE. Kiper likes him.
Prev:Brandon Burton CB Utah*

51 New York Giants – Corey Liuget DT Illinois*
Potential first rounder would make a great UT for the Gmen.
Prev:Aaron Williams CB Texas*

52 Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Mason Foster LB Washington
If Foster runs better than expected I could see him go in the first. A respectable time should have him a solid 2nd round pick Could fill any of the Bucs LB spots.
Prev: Pernell McPhee DE Mississippi State

53 Kansas City Chiefs – Torrey Smith WR Maryland*
Teams will be on the look out for the next Mike Wallace and Smith is a good comparison. Plus the Chiefs love the high character guys.

54 Indianapolis Colts – Jurrell Cassey DT USC*
Colts should look to address the interior Dline early and Cassey is a solid talent for the scheme.
Prev: Stephen Paea DT Oregon

55 Philadelphia Eagles – Aaron Williams CB Texas*
Down junior year probably keeps him out of the first round but all the tools are there.
Prev:Devon House CB New Mexico State

56 New Orleans Saints – John Moffit OG/C Wisconsin
I doubt the Saints resign Nicks and generating a better running game should be a top priority this off season.
Prev: Greg Jones LB Michigan State

57 Seattle Seahawks – Brandon Burton CB Utah*
Hawks are in need of talent and depth at this position and Burton is capable of starting as a rookie.
Prev:Jason Pinkston OT/G Pittsburgh

58 Baltimore Ravens – Titus Young WR Boise State
Dominating senior week has some talking up Titus as a first round pick but I don’t think he’ll run a terribly fast time at Indy.
Prev:Steven Friday OLB/DE Virginia Tech

59 Atlanta Falcons – Mikel Leshoure RB Illinois*
Falcons need a home run threat counterpart to Turner that can catch well out the backfield and ease the load.
Prev:Christian Ballard DE Iowa

60 New England Patriots – James Carpenter OT Alabama
More than held his own at senior practices and should eventually be holding down a starting OT spot in the NFL.
Prev:Len Hankerson WR Miami

61 San Diego Chargers (F/NYJ) – Kelvin Sheppard ILB LSU
Chargers could be needy inside after this off season-assuming the CBA goes through. Shepp raised his stock last week.
Prev: Muhammad Wilkerson DE Temple*

62 Chicago Bears – Jason Pinkston OT/G Pittsburgh
Bears ought to fully invest in shoring up the Oline and keeping Cutler upright. Pinkston can play RT or take over inside at RG.
Prev:Corey Liuget*

63 Green Bay Packers – Steven Friday OLB/DE Virginia Tech
Packers can afford to double up on potential pass rushers since they get zero production outside of all pro Matthews and have little weaknesses elsewhere.
Prev: Chris Carter OLB/DE Fresno State

64 Pittsburgh Steelers – Ras I Dowling CB/FS Virginia
Dowling season was cut short by injury but when healthy he looks like a Steelers type CB. Also provides depth at FS.

Round 3

65 Carolina Panthers – D.J.Williams TE Arkansas
Chudzinski has coached offenses that were designed for the TE.

66 Cincinnati Bengals - Rahim Moore FS UCLA
Need someone to start over Nelson, asap.

67 Denver Broncos – Luke Stocker TE Tennessee
Tebow will need an underneath option and seam target.

68 Buffalo Bills – Lawrence Guy DE Arizona State*
Athletic 5 tech desperately needed on the Bills frontline.

69 Arizona Cardinals – Lance Kendricks TE Wisconsin
Solid all around TE helps out Skelton and the run game.

70 Cleveland Browns – Rock Carmichael CB Virginia Tech
Ideal cover 2 CB had a solid enough senior week before coming up lame for the game.

71 Dallas Cowboys – Robert Sands FS Virginia*
Improving the secondary should be a top priority with Ryan as the new DC.

72 New Orleans Saints (F/WAS) – Deunta Williams S North Carolina.
He could be a steal once he recovers 100% from injury.

73 Houston Texans – John Patrick CB Louisville
Solid Cover 2 prospect for the woeful Texans secondary.

74 New England Patriots (F/MINN) – Sam Acho DE/OLB Texas
Dismantling Solder in the SB game and showing the fluidity to move to OLB has helped Acho’s stock.

75 Detroit Lions – Pernell McPhee DE Mississippi State
Joins a talented group and provides depth.

76 San Francisco 49ers – Brooks Reed DE Arizona
Hard not to see another Matthews with the locks and similar style of play.

77 Tennessee Titans – Kenrick Ellis DT Hampton
Stout athletic run stuffer than Titans need inside.

78 St. Louis Rams – Vincent Brown WR San Diego State
Looked like a man on a mission at Mobile and could become Bradford’s #1.

79 Miami Dolphins – Shane Vereen RB California*
Potential starter wherever he’s drafted but definitely opening day starter on the Dolphins.

80 Jacksonville Jaguars – Ahmad Black FS Florida
Jags need to come away with a starting caliber safety out of this draft.

81 Oakland Raiders – Deandre McDaniel S Clemson
Raiders safeties took leaps backwards last season, especially Branch, and I could see them looking for a replacement who’s a thumper with the required measurables. McDaniel could also project to WLB for them.

82 San Diego TRADE to Carolina Panthers – Drake Nevis DT LSU
Figuring Steve Smith traded to the Chargers for this pick. Nevis and Fairley could be the cornerstones of the new D.

83 New York Giants – Derrick Locke RB Kentucky
Locke might run the fastest time at Indy and after looking pretty physical in senior practices he could be a home run counter punch for a running team. Giants might be interested if they choose to not resign Bradshaw.

84 Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Bruce Carter LB North Carolina
Bucs could double up at LB and take a gamble on the injured Carter here.

85 Kansas City Chiefs TRADE to Miami Dolphins – Christian Ponder QB Florida State
Rebounded well at Mobile and could give the new OC Daboll another heady, accurate rookie QB to break in.

86 Indianapolis Colts – Will Rackley OG Lehigh
Colts should be looking to reinvest in the Oline to help protect Manning and improve the running game.

87 Philadelphia Eagles – Nate Irving LB NC State
Irving might end up being a steal as he’s still making his way back from injury.

88 New Orleans Saints – Allen Bailey DT Miami
Bailey dropped his stock senior week imo.

89 San Diego Chargers (F/SEA) – Curtis Brown CB Texas
Chargers might look to add a CB early that can eventually start once..if Jammer declines.

90 Baltimore Ravens – Devon House CB New Mexico State
Solid press guy with plenty experience and toughness.

91 Atlanta Falcons – Austin Pettis WR Boise State
Distinguished himself at Mobile and could be a nice chain mover and red zone option, especially if he gets stronger.

92 New England Patriots – Ryan Williams RB Virginia Tech
Pats can take a gamble on Williams and hope he ends up looking like the franchise back he did last year.

93 New York Jets - Dontay Moch OLB Nevada
Moch’s speed and ability to fly around the field should fit in well with Rex’s amoeba schemes.

94 Chicago Bears – Quinton Carter S Oklahoma
It’s surprising the Bears were able to get by with Harris in coverage.

95 Green Bay Packers – Randall Cobb WR Kentucky*
Driver is soon to hang them up and FA Jones might be a #1 or #2 elsewhere. Cobb could add a new dimension to the run game and pass offense.

96 Pittsburgh Steelers – Sione Fua NT Stanford
Fua should end up a solid NT eventually.

Round 4

97 Carolina Panthers – Kendric Burney CB UNC
Shined at Mobile and should make a solid cover 2 CB.

98 Seattle Seahawks (F/DEN) – James Brewer OT Indiana
Fairly solid week at Mobile and bolsters the right side of the Hawks line.

99 Buffalo Bills – Chris Carter OLB Fresno State
Projects well to 34 OLB and is a sleeper.

100 Cincinnati Bengals – Daniel Thomas RB Kansas State
A Lewis style back who could start if Benson is not resigned or add depth.

101 Cleveland Browns – Jah Reid OT UCF
Browns are no doubt looking for a long term answer on the right side.

102 Arizona Cardinals – Clint Boiling OG Georgia
Experienced and could contribute immediatly in the right situation and with a good position coach.

103 Philadelphia Eagles (F/WAS) – Greg Romeus DE Pittsburgh
Eagles can afford to gamble on Romeus returning to full health.

104 Houston Texans – Jerrel Jernigan WR Troy
Slot guy and return specialist might add some break away playmaking to the Texans WRs.

105 Minnesota Vikings – Shareece Wright CB USC
Mixed reviews on his senior week-looked terrible in some instances but Mayock came away saying he made himself some money at the end of the week.

106 Detroit Lions – Greg Jones ILB Michigan State
Probably will drop due to his size and speed then come in and contribute heavily to a team like the Lions.

107 San Francisco 49ers – Greg Salas WR Hawaii
Looked like a solid WCO WR to me at Mobile but much depends on his time.

108 Tennessee Titans – Lawrence Wilson OLB UConn
Showed better than I expected at senior practices-could earn a spot based of his solid coverage skills.

109 Dallas Cowboys – Jerrell Powe NT Mississippi
Down year but could grow back into a solid NFL caliber NT.

110 Miami Dolphins – Taiwan Jones RB/WR Eastern Washington
Intriguing speed guy who might end up at WR. Dolphins suffered from lack of break away speed on offense last season-OC Daboll can scheme this guy into the offense nicely.

111 St. Louis Rams – Jacquizz Rodgers RB Oregon State*
Change of pace guy behind Jackson.

112 Oakland Raiders – Jalil Brown CB Colorado
As long as he runs respectably he can be a Raider.

113 Jacksonville Jaguars – Colin McCarthy ILB Miami
Del Rio man crush. Could probably start for the Jags.

114 San Francisco 49ers (F/SD) – Marcus Gilchrist S Clemson
Showed leadership qualities at Mobile similar to Delmas last year. If he runs well he might be long gone by this pick.

115 Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Chris Hairston OT Clemson
Solid, unspectacular RT who should earn a spot on a squad next season.

116 New York Giants – Richard Sherman CB Stanford
Not convinced he belongs in the 4th but if he runs well it’s possible.

117 Kansas City Chiefs – Ian Williams NT Notre Dame
Solid developmental NT for the 34.

118 Indianapolis Colts – DeMarco Murray RB Oklahoma
Perfect fit for the system-Addai is a FA and has been injury riddled lately.

119 Philadelphia Eagles – Tyler Sash S Iowa*
Eagles might be looking for a new starting SS.

120 Jacksonville Jaguars (F/NO) – Justin Rogers CB Richmond
Rogers generated some buzz at the Shrine practices-we’ll see how he times.

121 Buffalo Bills (F/SEA) – Cameron Jordan TE USC
Position of need for the Bills and Jordan is a mid round sleeper.

122 Baltimore Ravens – Justin Trattou OLB/DE Florida
Relentess and physical but lacking big measuables.

123 Atlanta Falcons – K.J.Wright LB Mississippi State
Can fit on the outside and help the pass rush on passing downs.

124 New England Patriots – Jeron Johnson S Boise State
ST and depth at free safety

125 New York Jets – Adrian Taylor DE Oklahoma
Good prospect for the 34 DE.

126 Chicago Bears – Tim Barnes C Missouri
Kreutz can’t last forever, can he?

127 Green Bay Packers – Brandon Bair DE Oregon
Developmental 34 DE could grow stronger and find a starting spot in time.

128 Pittsburgh Steelers – Will Hill S Florida
Athletic underachiever helps out the ST and makes depth at safety.

Razor
02-04-2011, 10:00 AM
Give the Patriots Brooks Reed instead of Acho and it's a very good Patriots draft.

thenewfeature06
02-04-2011, 10:03 AM
I like the Raider mock overall... you obviously know our needs but instead of Mcdaniel in round 3, I think Nevis would be better value.

SimonRath
02-04-2011, 10:11 AM
27 Atlanta Falcons – Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame*
Rudolph is a safe pick and can take over at TE when Tony moves on. If Mason Foster runs better than expected I could envision him going first round here as well or Hankerson if he runs well.

I really don't want a TE in the 1st round. I don't see Rudolph being THAT special enough to warrent a 1st round pick. Foster is a no cause we are completely set at LB. Hankerson is a very good possibility here but Torrey Smith is the most likely pick in this situation.

59 Atlanta Falcons – Mikel Leshoure RB Illinois*
Falcons need a home run threat counterpart to Turner that can catch well out the backfield and ease the load.
Prev:Christian Ballard DE Iowa

I'm not against this pick, we really could use a fresh change of pace back who could eventually take over for Turner in a few years. Sam Acho could also be a possibilty here, but thats jus cause i love the guy.

91 Atlanta Falcons – Austin Pettis WR Boise State
Distinguished himself at Mobile and could be a nice chain mover and red zone option, especially if he gets stronger.

Your reason as to why we'd draft him isn't accurate. We have Michael Jenkins for a chain mover/red zone target. Say what you want as to how bad of a 2nd receiver he is but he is tall and is a good red zone target.

123 Atlanta Falcons – K.J.Wright LB Mississippi State
Can fit on the outside and help the pass rush on passing downs.

I don't know anything about him so ill skip.

coordinator0
02-04-2011, 10:22 AM
The first two Ravens picks are great, the last two are pretty meh/bad. House is a reach in the third and we don't play a whole lot of press coverage anyways. If he's capable of manning up big receivers he'd be a fit.

Trattou falls under the same category as House, except the reach here is significantly more massive. Especially with Jeron Johnson on the board, we need help at safety in a big way. Zbikowski will probably get the nod as the starter if/when we let Landry walk, but I think Jeron would be great to push him and possibly start.

xpmar9x
02-04-2011, 10:27 AM
near perfect Titans draft.

Other than, i'd rather have DeAndre McDaniel in the 3rd.. other than that, great draft!

TimmG6376
02-04-2011, 10:37 AM
If O-line isn't addressed in the first 4 rounds I will be disappointed. Need OT of the future or an interior linemen (Colledge is a FA). As for doubling up on OLB, I don't see it. Walden has actually played fairly well. I'm interested to see what he looks like after a full training camp under Greene. At very least he is a solid backup, if they spend a 1 or 2 on the future at that position. I like Friday actually, but seems like a reach in round 2.

Nalej
02-04-2011, 11:05 AM
Give the Patriots Brooks Reed instead of Acho and it's a very good Patriots draft.

Pretty much this

Matthew Jones
02-04-2011, 11:06 AM
Cameron Jordan had a great Senior Bowl and it's possible he'd be the pick if he was available at #17, but I don't know if he's a two-gap guy like New England usually wants for their defensive ends. His pass rush skills are a plus but lately I've been thinking maybe he's more of a 4-3 left end. Hard to complain with that pick though. I do like Stefen Wisniewski a lot at #28. Hankerson is a great pick as well. James Carpenter is a possibility because of the Saban connection but I wonder if he's more of a man-blocker instead of a zone-blocker. Maybe Marcus Gilbert would be a better pick there. Sam Acho is a great pick, although Brooks Reed's also another strong possibility. I'm fine with taking a big of a risk on Ryan Williams at the end of the third because most of the other positions have been accounted for, although personally I think with a few tweaks to his running style (mainly running behind his pads), DeMarco Murray would be a great fit for New England. Being part of a committee could keep him healthy, he's an excellent receiver (71 catches last year), and seems like a perfect fit taking handoffs out of the shotgun and on draws. I'd pick him over Williams. I don't know enough about Jeron Johnson yet to really say, I'll have to try and check him out a little bit more. Overall, excellent draft though.

thebow305
02-04-2011, 11:10 AM
Very solid Phins draft! I'd LOVE that trade down, and I wouldn't mind Pouncey if we did trade into the 20's. The only problem I have is Vereen going over guys like Ryan Williams and DeMarco Murray. I would MUCH prefer either one of those guys. But I would be very pleased with this draft as a whole. Nice work!

49erNation85
02-04-2011, 11:12 AM
Again almost perfect SF draft.But we seriously need to draft a QB in round 1 or 3 depending on BPA .

_YL_
02-04-2011, 11:17 AM
Perfect fit for the scheme and should start from day one. If Campbell steps up and can play RT, the Raiders would have a dominate Oline.

He is a horrible fit for your scheme ZB went out the door.

John Moffit would be better.

killxswitch
02-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Blah, Solder is way too much of a project and we don't have the coaches to make it work anytime soon. I'd rather have Sherrod.

Smooth Criminal
02-04-2011, 11:59 AM
Steelers is very solid. Addresses the needs of the team. Very Steelers like draft right there.

CJSchneider
02-04-2011, 12:09 PM
Bailey in the 4th is a hell of a steal imo, but I will be very upset if we do not address our front 7 in the first 3 rounds. I would also love some proof that NO plans on not doing everything possible to resign Nicks. I this scenario becomes a reality on draft day, I will probably start a bar-fight.

traced
02-04-2011, 12:45 PM
For the Bears, I'd rather have Drake Nevis in the 2nd round rather than Pinkston. Nevis would be an ideal UT in our system and I'm just really not at all impressed by Pinkston.

4th round also seems too high for a guy like Barnes, but maybe that's just me. It's certainly an area of need, though.

prock
02-04-2011, 12:47 PM
I am not a Tyron Smith fan. Frazier wants a power run game and I am not sure how Smith fits in that. But, at 12 there isn't much value for what we have a need for, so it is alright. Trading for Kolb could be worse, I could live with it. I like a corner in the fourth, but I think Jalil Brown is much better.

Brown Leader
02-04-2011, 12:51 PM

He is a horrible fit for your scheme ZB went out the door.

John Moffit would be better.

Interesting. They won't zone block anymore without the Cable guy? Moffitt over Hudson? idk about that.

T-RICH49
02-04-2011, 01:09 PM
very solid KC draft

Diehard
02-04-2011, 02:02 PM
2 Denver Broncos - Patrick Peterson CB LSU*
34 Denver Broncos – Adrian Clayborn DE Iowa
47 Denver Broncos (F/MIA) – Jeremy Beal LB Oklahoma
67 Denver Broncos – Luke Stocker TE Tennessee

I like the first and last picks. I am assuming a 4-3 base (with some 3-3-5), so Beal doesn't seem like a great fit or value. I've been really disappointed with Clayborn this year and dodging the Senior Bowl didn't help. I do understand that some people have his stock way up so a slide to the top of the second may seem like good value.

akvikefan89
02-04-2011, 02:50 PM
Not a fan of Tyron Smith at #12, especially with OT not being in our top needs. Cameron Jordan there would be an excellent pick mixing value with need (Ray Edwards is leaving).

Hurricanes25
02-04-2011, 04:18 PM
29 New York Jets – Phil Taylor DT Colorado
I think Taylor would be a better fit in a 43 defense but his size and potential projects well to DE or NT in a 34 and the Jets might not be willing to pass.
Prev: Von Miller OLB Texas A&M

93 New York Jets - Dontay Moch OLB Nevada
Moch’s speed and ability to fly around the field should fit in well with Rex’s amoeba schemes.

125 New York Jets – Adrian Taylor DE Oklahoma
Good prospect for the 34 DE.

Very good Jets draft. Fills 3 needs and Moch is a great value at #93 so I can't complain.

thegreatone
02-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Love the first 2 picks for the Ravens. Don't have a problem with the other 2.

BeerBaron
02-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Your Bears draft isn't too bad. I like Sherrod in the first and Barnes in the 4th. Two players I particularly like at their positions, which are major need positions.

I think the 2nd is high for Pinkston...and if we're going to go safety, I think I'd rather take Rahim Moore there as the coverage safety we desperately need. Dan Manning somehow turned into a beast this year and will be a free agent while Harris definitely does need replaced...though I think Major Wright will be replacing Harris, our 3rd round pick last year. If that happens, we are set at SS but if we lose Manning, we'd need a FS type and Moore would be a good pickup there.

So if we were to go safety in the 2nd, I'd change the 3rd rounder to a defensive lineman...preferably a DT since Anthony Adams is a free agent and Tommie Harris is likely to be cut. We could use another body in the rotation.

Ucla49ersFan
02-05-2011, 01:41 AM
7 San Francisco 49ers – Marcell Dareus DE Alabama*
39 San Francisco 49ers – Brandon Harris CB Miami*
76 San Francisco 49ers – Brooks Reed DE Arizona
107 San Francisco 49ers – Greg Salas WR Hawaii
114 San Francisco 49ers (F/SD) – Marcus Gilchrist S Clemson

First two rounds are ideal for the 49ers. I would anticipate them taking a QB by the end of round 4 though.

Caddy
02-05-2011, 02:13 AM
The best part of this draft is Will Hill making it into Round 4.

jCut
02-05-2011, 02:27 AM
I'm not sure Beal is a fit in a 43. Foster or Liuget would be better picks. Other than that it's fine for Denver.

StrikeAnywhere
02-05-2011, 08:56 AM
I like Denver's 3rd rounder, I think that's a good pick. Denver picks 4th in the 2nd round though, not 2nd - just FYI. Dunno if that might affect the two picks behind them at all...

Seasonticketholder
02-05-2011, 09:08 AM
LOVE the Saints first round pick of Mark Ingram! I think it is spot on in terms of what this team needs to do. In the second, however, I do not agree with the pick of Moffitt. I think the Saints are definitely going to re-sign Nicks who, we must remember, is a restricted free agent. The Saints value their guards, probably more than their tackles. Typically, for teams, it is the other way around but the Saints line is built around Evans and Nicks. I expect Nicks to be back.

So in the second round, I would have taken Kelvin Sheppard. In the third, I take Bruce Carter and I guess the pick of Bailey (which on the surface would be a steal) can remain though I would be more inclined to take Quinton Carter there. To me, that would give us

1. Mark Ingram, RB
2. Kelvin Sheppard, LB
3a. Bruce Carter, LB
3b. Quinton Carter, S

If the Saints were to sign Barry Coefield and either Mathias Kiwanuka or Charles Johnson in FA, then I think that would drastically improve our front seven along with the moves here at LB.

Tom Servo
02-05-2011, 09:43 AM
Are you sure you're a Browns fan dude? That mock is AWFUL! I would weep from draft day to opening day if that were to happen.

Brown Leader
02-05-2011, 11:05 AM
Are you sure you're a Browns fan dude? That mock is AWFUL! I would weep from draft day to opening day if that were to happen.

Haha-Little and Carmichael are two of my favorite prospects. One a raw prototype wco WR and the other a physical playmaking cover two type. Reid had kind of a breakout at the Shrine practices then played well in the game so his stock is up. As for the frontline I'd like us to target FA Cullen Jenkins.

As for Newton-I just think it would be a wise move because no one is sure about McCoy yet and Newton would need at least one redshirt season if not more. In that time McCoy is the starter and we see just how good he can be. Most teams picking a QB high are desperate for a starter at the position, in this case, we have a starter, so Shurmur and Whipple can take some time to coach up a potential superstar in Newton. Imo Newton's success depends on what kind of situation/coaching he gets and with Shurmur having worked with McNabb and Whipple working with Big Ben as a rookie I'd say it's a good gamble.

LOVE the Saints first round pick of Mark Ingram! I think it is spot on in terms of what this team needs to do. In the second, however, I do not agree with the pick of Moffitt. I think the Saints are definitely going to re-sign Nicks who, we must remember, is a restricted free agent. The Saints value their guards, probably more than their tackles. Typically, for teams, it is the other way around but the Saints line is built around Evans and Nicks. I expect Nicks to be back.

So in the second round, I would have taken Kelvin Sheppard. In the third, I take Bruce Carter and I guess the pick of Bailey (which on the surface would be a steal) can remain though I would be more inclined to take Quinton Carter there. To me, that would give us

1. Mark Ingram, RB
2. Kelvin Sheppard, LB
3a. Bruce Carter, LB
3b. Quinton Carter, S

If the Saints were to sign Barry Coefield and either Mathias Kiwanuka or Charles Johnson in FA, then I think that would drastically improve our front seven along with the moves here at LB.

Thanks-didn't know Nicks was a restricted FA. I like your other choices.

vidae
02-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Eh, I like the KC picks but I don't love the trade up.

Unbiased
02-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Del Rio doesn't draft the players, but Locker's a good pick in the second.