PDA

View Full Version : My Mock

Yung Flippa
03-21-2007, 08:33 PM
1st Round (#29) = Joe Staley, OT, Central Michigan
40-time was 4.8, was really well for a O-lineman. He is also 6'6'' and 300 pounds. If JO decides to stay, Joe can be learning from a future hall of famer so he would be ready whenever JO leaves.

2nd Round (#61) = Buster Davis, LB, Florida St.
I Know he doesn't have the ideal size. But this kid was born to play football for a living. IMO he is being slept on way too much and should be a great steal in the late second round. He will learn under fuure hall of famer Ray Lewis and will become his replacement in about 2 or maybe even 3 years

Compensation 4th Round (#?) = Tarell Brown, CB, Texas
I know that most people don't want to draft a CB. But Tarell Brown IMO is a steal in the 4th round with all of his potenial. He would probably battle it out with Daivd Pittman for the 3rd CB position this year. After this year I really don't think that we keep Samari Rolle. So our future at CB would be set. It would be:
1. C-Mac
2. David Pittman
3. Tarell Brown
4. Ronnie Purdue
5. Evan Oglesby
6. Derrick Martin

Compensation 5th Round (#?) = Juwan Simpson, OLB, Alabama
Not really a hybrid pass rushing LB that we like. But with Rex Ryan we can still somehow make him into a good pass-rusher. He is a good back-up if Dan Cody or Jarrett Johnson either get injured or don't live up to their expectation.

5th Round (#156) = Dallas Baker, WR, Florida
Our starters are set with Mark Clayton, D-Will & Derrick Mason. But after that Clearnce Moore and Devard Darling aren't doing that much. Darling has been a bust. But Dallas Baker "Touchdown Maker" should be able to come into camp and battle it out with Moore and Darling (assuming they come back) for the 4th wideout spot.

Compensation 6th = Michael Johnson, FS, Arizona
If Gerome Sapp leaves we have nobody else playing at Safety. We need depth and that's what this pick does. Great size and decent 40-time. He would become a very good back-up player. He would be learning from another future hall of famer in Ed Reed.

Compensation 6th = Marvin White, SS, TCU
Now I know that we just picked another Safety, but Marvin White is too tempting to pass up here. He is a hard-hitting playmaker, sort of like a poor-man's Ed Reed. Another good depth pick

6th Round (#188) = Garrett Wolfe, RB, Northern Illinois
He would probably be a Kick Retuner next to B.J Sams (if he come backs). Has great speed and great moves. Watching Cory Ross return kicks after BJ got injured kind of dissappointed me. That would be a great returing duo; Garrett Wolfe and BJ Sams

Ravens1991
03-21-2007, 08:37 PM
I dont think we will be able to get Harris at our 2nd

ChefMike
03-21-2007, 08:46 PM
I would agree I think David Harris is going to be gone by then... but you never know how things can shake out in the draft. He hasnt been the most popular player but being that there is not a lot of MLB in the draft..

BigDawg819
03-21-2007, 09:14 PM
Horrible mock in the fact that you think Samari is going to be gone!

Yung Flippa
03-21-2007, 11:42 PM
I Changed the 2nd round pick

BigDawg819
03-22-2007, 12:30 AM
I Changed the 2nd round pick

Ok still a horrible mock because you think we're getting rid of Samari!

ChefMike
03-22-2007, 12:41 AM
Ok still a horrible mock because you think we're getting rid of Samari!

Yeah I can't see us getting rid of Samari Rolle... keep in mind who we are comparing his performance too... CMac is not a fair comparison. Samari really didnt play that horribly he struggled some but...he is still getting used to this defense which takes a lot to learn, thats why the players that have been in it the longest are being successful and the players that grow up in the system are more successful, hence us not signing a ton of FA's to play Defense for us.