PDA

View Full Version : 2-round Post Super Bowl Mock

jrdrylie
02-07-2011, 12:23 PM
I don't project trades, so some guys (Gabbert, Titus Young) are mocked much lower than I actually expect them to be taken.

1. Carolina Panthers- AJ Green WR Georgia
2. Denver Broncos- Nick Fairley DT Auburn
3. Buffalo Bills- Von Miller OLB Texas A&M
4. Cincinnati Bengals Julio Jones WR Alabama
5. Arizona Cardinals- Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska
6. Cleveland Browns- DaQuan Bowers DE Clemson
7. San Francisco 49ers- Robert Quinn OLB North Carolina
8. Tennessee Titans- Patrick Peterson CB LSU
9. Dallas Cowboys- Marcell Dareus DT/DE Alabama
10. Washington Redskins- Jake Locker QB Washington
11. Houston Texans- Akeem Ayers OLB UCLA
12. Minnesota Vikings- Nate Solder OT Colorado
13. Detroit Lions- Aldon Smith DE Detroit
14. St. Louis Rams- Leonard Hankerson WR Miami
15. Miami Dolphins- Mark Ingram RB Alabama
16. Jackson Jaguars- Ryan Kerrigan DE Purdue
17. New England Patriots- Cameron Heyward DE Ohio State
18. San Diego Chargers- Anthony Castonzo OT Boston College
19. New York Giants- Cameron Jordan DE California
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Allen Bailey DE Miami
21. Kansas City Chiefs- Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin
22. Indianapolis Colts- Tyron Smith OT USC
23. Philadelphia Eagles- Bradon Harris CB Miami
24. New Orleans Saints- Dontay Moch OLB Nevada
25. Seattle Seahawks- Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri
26. Baltimore Ravens- Aaron Williams CB Texas
27. Atlanta Falcons- Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame
28. New England Patriots- Torrey Smith WR Maryland
29. Chicago Bears- Derek Sherrod OT Mississippi State
30. New York Jets- J.J. Watt DE Wisconsin
31. Pittsburgh Steelers- Corey Liuget DE/DT Illinois
32. Green Bay Packers- Justin Houston OLB Georgia

33. New England Patriots- Stefen Wisniewski C Penn State
34. Buffalo Bills- Cam Newton QB Auburn
35. Cincinnati Bengals- Ryan Mallett QB Arkansas
36. Denver Broncos- Brandon Burton CB Utah
37. Cleveland Browns- Stephen Paea DT Oregon State
38. Arizona Cardinals- DE Adrian Clayborn
39. Tennessee Titans- Marvin Austin DT North Carolina
40. Dallas Cowboys- Rahim Moore S UCLA
41. Washington Redskins- Greg Jones ILB Michigan State
42. Houston Texans- Phil Taylor DT Baylor
43. Minnesota Vikings- Drake Nevis DT LSU
44. Detroit Lions- Mason Foster OLB Washington
45. San Francisco 49ers- Kenny Tate SS Maryland
46. Denver Broncos- Bruce Carter OLB North Carolina
47. St. Louis Rams- DeAndre McDaniel S Clemson
48. Oakland Raiders- Jeremy Beal DE Oklahoma
49. Jacksonville Jaguars- Andy Dalton QB TCU
50. San Diego Chargers- Jonathan Baldwin WR Pittsburgh
51. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Benjamin Ijalana OG Villanova
52. New York Giants- DeMarco Murray RB Oklahoma
53. Indianapolis Colts- Jurrell Casey DT USC
54. Philadelphia Eagles- Marcus Cannon OG TCU
55. Kansas City Chiefs- Titus Young WR Boise State
56. New Orleans Saints- Mikel LeShoure RB Illinois
57. Seattle Seahawks- Jimmy Smith CB Colorado
58. Baltimore Ravens- Sione Fua DT/DE Stanford
59. Atlanta Falcons- Marcus Gilbert OT Florida
60. New England Patriots- Ras-I Dowling S/CB Virginia
61. San Diego Chargers- Christian Ballard DE Iowa
62. Chicago Bears- Rodney Hudson OG Florida State
63. Pittsburgh Steelers- Mike Pouncey OG Florida
64. Green Bay Packers- Jordan Todman RB Connecticut.

49erNation85
02-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Nice draft but I don't think SF would pass on PP for Amuk.

Seasonticketholder
02-07-2011, 12:31 PM
Dontay Moch over JJ Watt?! MADNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SickwithIt1010
02-07-2011, 12:31 PM
Nice draft but I don't think SF would pass on PP for Amuk.

they didnt pass on PP for Amuk, they passed on PP for a mix of Von Miller and Robert Quinn.

Love the Eagles picks.

jrdrylie
02-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Dontay Moch over JJ Watt?! MADNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I presonally don't like Watt in a 4-3 defense. And I admit that Moch there is a bit crazy, but one player always blows up at the combine and soars up the draft boards. And if Moch works out like people think he can, he'll be that guy.

Nalej
02-07-2011, 12:48 PM
No OLB for Pats = Fail

A combo of C.Heyward/J.Houston/S.Wisnieski/M.Pouncey or R.Hudson would be better

TheFinisher
02-07-2011, 12:49 PM
Dareus in the 1st is awesome. Moore in the 2nd would be a solid pick but I'd rather go interior OL there like Cannon or Pouncey instead. We need OL help in the worse way.

Pat Sims 90
02-07-2011, 12:50 PM
Jones is fine. No thanks to Mallet no mobility in the pocket will get him killed in Cincy. Bengals wont take a QB unless Carson retires.

jrdrylie
02-07-2011, 01:04 PM
Dareus in the 1st is awesome. Moore in the 2nd would be a solid pick but I'd rather go interior OL there like Cannon or Pouncey instead. We need OL help in the worse way.

Dallas does need OL help, but they have also needed safety help for years. The fact that Alan Ball and Gerald Sensabaugh are the starting safeties is a huge problem.

Jones is fine. No thanks to Mallet no mobility in the pocket will get him killed in Cincy. Bengals wont take a QB unless Carson retires.

Palmer wants out. they have to have a contingency plan in case Palmer holds firm and refuses to play.

Pat Sims 90
02-07-2011, 01:10 PM
Dallas does need OL help, but they have also needed safety help for years. The fact that Alan Ball and Gerald Sensabaugh are the starting safeties is a huge problem.

Palmer wants out. they have to have a contingency plan in case Palmer holds firm and refuses to play.

He will not refuse to play. They either trade him or he retires. The plan is to try and make him happy. If he retire the Bengals will take a QB with the #4 pick

jrdrylie
02-07-2011, 01:37 PM
He will not refuse to play. They either trade him or he retires. The plan is to try and make him happy. If he retire the Bengals will take a QB with the #4 pick

I think retiring is pretty much the same as refusing to play. But how about this scenario? There is no CBA before the darft. That means players can not be traded. So the draft rolls around and Palmer is still on the team. After the draft, the CBA is signed. However, it will be much more difficult to trade Palmer for the right value at this point. He is still on the team so he "retires." Because Palmer was still under contract at the time of the draft, it would be very unlikely that they would select Gabbert/Newton/Locker at number 4. Drafting Mallett in round two is a cheaper, less risky move.

GatorsBullsFan
02-07-2011, 01:39 PM
Jaguars draft couldn't go any better

jrdrylie
02-07-2011, 01:47 PM
Jaguars draft couldn't go any better

Not exactly true. As a Jags fan, I would ideally prefer trading back in the second round a bit. Maybe picking up another 4th. But from everything I'm hearing from people in Jacksonville, Kerrigan and Dalton are two guys they are targeting very closely.

Dam8610
02-07-2011, 01:49 PM
Sherrod over Smith and Cannon over Casey please. I question Smith's ability to block effectively at the NFL level, and the Colts need OL help far more than DT help.

Pat Sims 90
02-07-2011, 01:53 PM
I think retiring is pretty much the same as refusing to play. But how about this scenario? There is no CBA before the darft. That means players can not be traded. So the draft rolls around and Palmer is still on the team. After the draft, the CBA is signed. However, it will be much more difficult to trade Palmer for the right value at this point. He is still on the team so he "retires." Because Palmer was still under contract at the time of the draft, it would be very unlikely that they would select Gabbert/Newton/Locker at number 4. Drafting Mallett in round two is a cheaper, less risky move.

If he is still on the roster they will not draft a QB in the first couple rounds. They are trying to make him happy so they wont take a QB that high. Later on they could take a QB. If after the draft he decides to retire then the Bengals will have start either the QB they drafted in later rounds start, Dan Lefevour or a Veteran QB they signed off FA. Either Way the Bengals wont be a good team next year.

GatorsBullsFan
02-07-2011, 01:54 PM
Not exactly true. As a Jags fan, I would ideally prefer trading back in the second round a bit. Maybe picking up another 4th. But from everything I'm hearing from people in Jacksonville, Kerrigan and Dalton are two guys they are targeting very closely.

Well considering you can't predict the trading at draft time last year trading for us was horrible and we ended up taking our guy probably a little early but Alualu showed us last year that the place we took him was probably exact on considering his talent. Also last year we trade to trade back into the 2nd to get Sean Lee another failure on our part and it didn't happen.

So I think if we get our guys we're in good shape.

xpmar9x
02-07-2011, 02:31 PM
Love Peterson falling to Titans.

Don't like the 2nd round... McDaniel (SS) would be nice, or a QB.

wicket
02-07-2011, 02:48 PM
moch in the first is crazy and drafting a running back in the first few rounds would make me rage, not a good saints mock overall

jrdrylie
02-07-2011, 02:56 PM
moch in the first is crazy and drafting a running back in the first few rounds would make me rage, not a good saints mock overall

Running back is a big need. Reggie Bush is a decent player but often hurt and is not an every down back. Pierre Thomas is a decent player but is often hurt and is not an every down back (averages 8.7 carries per game). Plus he is a free agent and may not be back. And Julius Jones, DeShawn Wynn, and Chris Ivory? Not exactly All Pro runners. If Ingram falls to them in round one, I wouldn't be surprised if he is the pick.

Seasonticketholder
02-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Running back is a big need. Reggie Bush is a decent player but often hurt and is not an every down back. Pierre Thomas is a decent player but is often hurt and is not an every down back (averages 8.7 carries per game). Plus he is a free agent and may not be back. And Julius Jones, DeShawn Wynn, and Chris Ivory? Not exactly All Pro runners. If Ingram falls to them in round one, I wouldn't be surprised if he is the pick.

I disagree with you on Moch but I agree on RB has a huge need. I think if Ingram is there, we take him.

AkiliSmith
02-07-2011, 03:17 PM
Julio Jones is a pretty terrible pick considering Bowers and Quinn are available. I don't think WR is that big of a need to reach considerably for one.

Mallet is also a bad pick.

steelersfan2011
02-07-2011, 03:26 PM
great Pitsburgh draft

jrdrylie
02-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Julio Jones is a pretty terrible pick considering Bowers and Quinn are available. I don't think WR is that big of a need to reach considerably for one.

Mallet is also a bad pick.

By draft time, Jones won't be considered a reach. More likely, I think it will be a discussion of whether AJ Green or Julio Jones is the number one receiver in the draft. Owens is going to be gone. Ochocinco/Johnson is going to be gone. Jordan Shipley is a nice receiver, but not a number one. Do you really want to put it all on Andre Caldwell and Jerome Simpson? I wouldn't. At end, Carlos Dunlap was very good at the end of last season. End is not nearly as big a need as receiver.

As for Mallett, why is he such a bad pick? I personally am not high on him (evidenced by the fact that I'm one of the few who doesn't have him in the first round) but Carson Palmer is not the same QB he once was. Add that to the fact that he doesn't want to be a Bengal anymore and you have to think the Bengals are going to address the QB position early.

AkiliSmith
02-07-2011, 03:36 PM
By draft time, Jones won't be considered a reach. More likely, I think it will be a discussion of whether AJ Green or Julio Jones is the number one receiver in the draft. Owens is going to be gone. Ochocinco/Johnson is going to be gone. Jordan Shipley is a nice receiver, but not a number one. Do you really want to put it all on Andre Caldwell and Jerome Simpson? I wouldn't. At end, Carlos Dunlap was very good at the end of last season. End is not nearly as big a need as receiver.

As for Mallett, why is he such a bad pick? I personally am not high on him (evidenced by the fact that I'm one of the few who doesn't have him in the first round) but Carson Palmer is not the same QB he once was. Add that to the fact that he doesn't want to be a Bengal anymore and you have to think the Bengals are going to address the QB position early.
Dunlap is good, nobody else is. They were at the bottom of the league in sacks just about all season. Quinn and Bowers are rated above Julio by everyone who has a clue, now and come draft time. You just don't take wide receivers that high unless they are absolute monster once in a decade type players. Julio is not that at all. I'm not even crazy about taking Green with a top 5 pick. Teams that take receivers in the top 5 don't win in the NFL. Also, it's no coincidence the team was at it's best when Simpson, Caldwell and Shipley were the top 3 receivers. Plus you have Gresham at tight end and probably another season of Ocho. Hence no reason to reach for a player at a non premium position that's not that big of a need. Bowers or Quinn would give them 2 good ends and make everyone better on the D.

I don't buy Palmer leaving and I don't buy that he's washed up. He certainly looked off, but a lot of blame can be placed on TO, Ocho, the ******* horrendous playcalling and shoddy offensive line play. He has plenty of years left and 4 years left on his contract. They are doing everything to convince him to stay. Drafting a gun slinging coke head is not the way to send the message to Palmer that he's their guy.

BaLLiN
02-07-2011, 04:09 PM
19. New York Giants- Cameron Jordan DE California

whaa-why? we're pretty set at DE, and although this is a very good class for passrushers, it doesn't make sense to add another person who will barely be on the field.

jrdrylie
02-07-2011, 04:21 PM
Dunlap is good, nobody else is. They were at the bottom of the league in sacks just about all season. Quinn and Bowers are rated above Julio by everyone who has a clue, now and come draft time. You just don't take wide receivers that high unless they are absolute monster once in a decade type players. Julio is not that at all. I'm not even crazy about taking Green with a top 5 pick. Teams that take receivers in the top 5 don't win in the NFL. Also, it's no coincidence the team was at it's best when Simpson, Caldwell and Shipley were the top 3 receivers. Plus you have Gresham at tight end and probably another season of Ocho. Hence no reason to reach for a player at a non premium position that's not that big of a need. Bowers or Quinn would give them 2 good ends and make everyone better on the D.

I don't buy Palmer leaving and I don't buy that he's washed up. He certainly looked off, but a lot of blame can be placed on TO, Ocho, the ******* horrendous playcalling and shoddy offensive line play. He has plenty of years left and 4 years left on his contract. They are doing everything to convince him to stay. Drafting a gun slinging coke head is not the way to send the message to Palmer that he's their guy.

Larry Fitzgerald and Torry Holt would disagree with your point. And teams with top-five picks rarely win anyways because the same few teams pick in the top-five each year. Arizona, Cleveland, Detroit, Oakland, Houston, Tampa, St. Louis, and Kansas City (25% of the league) account for half of the top-five picks in the past decade!

jrdrylie
02-07-2011, 04:24 PM
whaa-why? we're pretty set at DE, and although this is a very good class for passrushers, it doesn't make sense to add another person who will barely be on the field.

The Giants rotate their lineman more than any other team. The Giants also subscribe very closely to the BPA policy. Osi Umenyiora is injured a lot and is now 30. I don't know how much longer he will play at a high level. Cameron Jordan is a monster. They will find a way to get him on the field.

Matthew Jones
02-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Heyward are Wisniewski are solid, realistic picks. If the Patriots draft Torrey Smith in the first round, I'm murdering someone. Smith doesn't have good technique catching the ball or running routes. I don't think Ras-I Dowling is a good fit here either, the Patriots have a nice group of guys at cornerback with Leigh Bodden returning from injury. Something like Heyward - Sherrod - Wisniewski - Pouncey would be nice.

proshoota25
02-07-2011, 04:51 PM
Heyward are Wisniewski are solid, realistic picks. If the Patriots draft Torrey Smith in the first round, I'm murdering someone. Smith doesn't have good technique catching the ball or running routes. I don't think Ras-I Dowling is a good fit here either, the Patriots have a nice group of guys at cornerback with Leigh Bodden returning from injury. Something like Heyward - Sherrod - Wisniewski - Pouncey would be nice.

no OLB :( haha

jrdrylie
02-07-2011, 05:45 PM

You think the Patriots' line is so bad they need three picks addressing that position in the first two rounds? Concerning Dowling, I think he'll move to safety in the NFL, so it would be a better fit. I also considered Sam Acho at that spot.

coordinator0
02-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Those Ravens picks are all kinds of bleh. I'm not a fan of Williams to the Ravens, I don't think he brings the skill-set that we need at corner right now. Watt, Houston, Liuget, Jimmy Smith, Clayborn, Wisnieski, or Sherrod (really depends on the Gaither situation for him though) would all be better picks there IMO.

Fua doesn't add anything to the DL that we don't already have. Ballard would be a better pick there if you want to give us a DL.

OSUGiants17
02-07-2011, 05:59 PM
TERRIBLE Giants draft, absolutely no need for a DE. We got JPP last year and have Tuck and Osi. RB is not round 1, 2, or 3 need unless we let Bradshaw walk.

EstablishTheRun
02-07-2011, 06:12 PM
Kenny Tate is not in this draft.

AkiliSmith
02-07-2011, 06:59 PM
Larry Fitzgerald and Torry Holt would disagree with your point. And teams with top-five picks rarely win anyways because the same few teams pick in the top-five each year. Arizona, Cleveland, Detroit, Oakland, Houston, Tampa, St. Louis, and Kansas City (25% of the league) account for half of the top-five picks in the past decade!
Holt and Fitzgerald play(ed) for these teams

AkiliSmith
02-07-2011, 07:00 PM
He didn't declare

Verloren
02-07-2011, 07:50 PM
He didn't declare

Which is what makes me wonder why he's slated for the Niners at 45.

Hermstheman83
02-07-2011, 08:51 PM
Not a bad draft for KC. I would like to see us draft a nose tackle or a defensive player in round two. I like the fact that we got Carimi in the first, he seems like the type of lineman that Pioli would take.

I'm not sure about titus young though. I guess he would be a great WR opposite of D-Bowe.

jrdrylie
02-07-2011, 09:12 PM
Which is what makes me wonder why he's slated for the Niners at 45.

My bad, I could have sworn I saw something that said he declared.

Abaddon
02-07-2011, 10:20 PM
48. Oakland Raiders- Jeremy Beal DE Oklahoma

I wouldn't hate it, but it's not realistic. I can't see Al drafting a nickel pass rusher in Rd2, and Beal won't supplant either Lamar Houston or Matt Shaughnessy.

If Al, inexplicably, chooses to not franchise Richard Seymour, Houston would likely kick inside, leaving LE lacking.

Or, hey. Maybe Beal could replace Kamerion Wimbley at SAM/nickel DE if he bolts.

But, honestly, someone like Ijalana or Cannon would seem more likely.

prock
02-07-2011, 10:58 PM
I don't like this Vikings mock. Solder is too high, and I am not a Nevis fan, he doesn't fit into what we need, we need a nose tackle.

thebow305
02-07-2011, 11:38 PM
Ingram is great, but if Cam is available, I think he's a Phin.

Poz51
02-08-2011, 06:41 AM
Miller and Newton... Still do not see Miller happening myself, but landing Newton in the second would be nice...

jrdrylie
02-08-2011, 10:32 AM
I don't like this Vikings mock. Solder is too high, and I am not a Nevis fan, he doesn't fit into what we need, we need a nose tackle.

Solder is to high in my opinion as well. But some team is going to get caught up in his measurables and take him too high. Minnesota has a need at offensive tackle, so I decided the Vikings would be the team to reach for him.

Miller and Newton... Still do not see Miller happening myself, but landing Newton in the second would be nice...

Like Solder, Von Miller at three is too high in my opinion. 3-4 rush linebackers are never drafted that high. Vernon Gholston (6th) and Terrell Suggs (10th) are the only ones I remember going top-ten. But Senior Bowl Coaching staffs very often pick players they coached at the Senior Bowl so Miller makes sense. And it's not like the Bills have never reached for a guy before (Spiller, Maybin, Whitner).

Menardo75
02-08-2011, 11:32 AM
Peterson would be a way better for the Niners in round 1. Second round give them Beal.

wicket
02-08-2011, 12:32 PM

Running back is not a big need at all, with the focus on the pass like the saints have and the multiple back system that Sean Payton prefers there is no need for a 20 carries a game guy, you just need 3 8-10 carry guys. Im not only comfortable going into next season with Pierre Thomas, Reggie Bush, Chris Ivory and Lynell Hamilton, id be happy.

People that think RB is a need apparently dont realise that you cant adjust for having SEVEN running backs on IR

txparkes49x
02-08-2011, 08:19 PM
By the grace of god and everything I believe in. If Peterson falls to 7 its one of those picks were the other team gets to decide on our clock. no doubt.

Hurricane Ditka
02-09-2011, 10:35 AM
Rodney Huston undermines the Bears desire to get bigger on the offensive line.

CJSchneider
02-09-2011, 11:47 AM
You really have the Saint's reaching there.

Monomach
02-09-2011, 05:41 PM
Solid Bears picks.