PDA

View Full Version : Updated Big Board

JBScouting
02-09-2011, 11:33 AM
I just posted my updated ratings over on the site. Hope you can check it out. Would love to hear if anyone thinks there are some guys missing.

http://www.jbscouting.com/index.php/fcs/fcs-player-ratings/1596-big-board-feb9

TACKLE
02-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Best resource on small school prospects on the internet right here. Be sure to check it out.

Halsey
02-09-2011, 12:02 PM
I thought you rankings were pretty solid until I saw that you ranked Travis Norris ahead of Andre Caroll. You should revisit the tape on that one.

JBScouting
02-09-2011, 12:07 PM
Best resource on small school prospects on the internet right here. Be sure to check it out.

Thanks I appreciate the kind words!

JBScouting
02-09-2011, 12:08 PM
I thought you rankings were pretty solid until I saw that you ranked Travis Norris ahead of Andre Caroll. You should revisit the tape on that one.

I had Caroll in the top 70 at one point but dropped him because he weighed in at just 280 and ran 5.3s at the HBCU Game. That really hurt his stock and it's unfortunate because I had him as a solid PFA before that.

Big Bird
02-09-2011, 12:57 PM
I'm really not sure why Ricardo Lockette is ranked so low. I understand his production as a Senior was below average, but people have to understand their Quarterback got hurt and they basically went to being a strictly option team. He has been a stud on the all-star circuit so far. He ran a 4.35 at the HBCU All-Star Game and looked great in the NFLPA practices. I thought he was clearly the second best Receiver on the field, only behind Denarius Moore. Lockette is still a bit raw, but possesses some savvy when route running (some nice deceptive little head fakes and solid in and out of cuts).

Physically, Lockette is a freak at 6-3, 210, and running 4.3's, possibly even 4.2's. Here's two quotes from him:
"I wasn't too happy with my time at the HCBU game. That was the fastest time there. I'm planning on running the fastest time at the combine. I'm looking to run in the mid 4.2s. I have a pretty speedy background. I'm looking forward to running it again."

"I've done 23 reps of 225 pounds in the bench press before. I want to do the most by a receiver. I'm expecting to do a 38-inch vertical leap."

I just don't get why he is still so underrated when he is clearly (at least) the second best small-school Receiver. Only Edmund Gates has an argument.

I was also impressed with Marcus Harris of Murray State. Late riser on my board. Good route runner, good quickness, and fights for the ball.

JBScouting
02-09-2011, 07:08 PM
I'm really not sure why Ricardo Lockette is ranked so low. I understand his production as a Senior was below average, but people have to understand their Quarterback got hurt and they basically went to being a strictly option team. He has been a stud on the all-star circuit so far. He ran a 4.35 at the HBCU All-Star Game and looked great in the NFLPA practices. I thought he was clearly the second best Receiver on the field, only behind Denarius Moore. Lockette is still a bit raw, but possesses some savvy when route running (some nice deceptive little head fakes and solid in and out of cuts).

Physically, Lockette is a freak at 6-3, 210, and running 4.3's, possibly even 4.2's. Here's two quotes from him:
"I wasn't too happy with my time at the HCBU game. That was the fastest time there. I'm planning on running the fastest time at the combine. I'm looking to run in the mid 4.2s. I have a pretty speedy background. I'm looking forward to running it again."

"I've done 23 reps of 225 pounds in the bench press before. I want to do the most by a receiver. I'm expecting to do a 38-inch vertical leap."

I just don't get why he is still so underrated when he is clearly (at least) the second best small-school Receiver. Only Edmund Gates has an argument.

I was also impressed with Marcus Harris of Murray State. Late riser on my board. Good route runner, good quickness, and fights for the ball.

Yeah but you can be 6'6 230 and run a 4.1 but if you have stone hands it doesn't mean much. He had a lot of drops in the NFLPA Game and during the practices. That's why he is low. If he had the hands of Tysson Poots or Edmond Gates he would be in 3rd-4th round.

He has talent in terms of speed, versatility, explosiveness, etc. but hands and route running are the two most important things IMO and his hands have not been too good. But I can see why some scouts have him so high and why you do. I like him I just don't think I would draft him at this point.

Hurricanes25
02-09-2011, 07:29 PM
Did you ever see Frantz Placide from Wagner College play? If you did, what do you think of him?

I've seen him play a few times and from what I have noticed, he is a pretty damn good special teams player. Won't contribute much at S but he could be a ST standout in the NFL.

fenikz
02-09-2011, 07:41 PM
have to point out a typo Edmund Gates

Unbiased
02-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Scott has it spelled the same way, but his school website spells it with a u.