PDA

View Full Version : West Coast QB's?

Pat Sims 90
02-10-2011, 06:17 PM
Ok with the whole Carson Palmer situation. I figure the Bengals will take a QB in this draft regardless if he stays or goes. With the Bengals switching to the West Coast Offense i was just wondering what are the rankings for West Coast QBs in this draft.

Shane P. Hallam
02-10-2011, 06:21 PM
Wait, Mike Brown cares which offense the team runs?

I still find Ponder the best WCO fit.

the natural
02-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Chris Ponder. Most underrated QB in the draft.

Caulibflower
02-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Colin Kaepernick. I'm not a huge fan of him, but I do think that his best fit is in a WCO. Give him a chance to use his speed on bootlegs and whatnot. I actually saw him mocked to the Dolphins in the first when I was surfing the 'net last night. I think that's utterly insane, but I wouldn't be all that surprised to see him go int he second or third. Some people seem to really like him.

MI_Buckeye
02-11-2011, 12:24 AM
I would say Blaine Gabbert hands down. He ran a version of the West Coast at Mizzou, and has the timing and arm strength to make all the long throws across the field.

edgrenade
02-11-2011, 12:31 AM
I would say Blaine Gabbert hands down. He ran a version of the West Coast at Mizzou, and has the timing and arm strength to make all the long throws across the field.

Is this a joke, or are you for real?

Please tell me this this a troll post

MI_Buckeye
02-11-2011, 12:49 AM
Is this a joke, or are you for real?

Please tell me this this a troll post

Absolutely not. Even though Mizzou plays a spread offense, they incorporate a bunch of West Coast-type routes with a similar overall theme. Their passing attack translates better to the NFL than most people give it credit for. That is why the Eagles - usually sticklers for well-schooled receivers - traded up to get Jeremy Maclin when they already had DeSean Jackson. They knew his game in college translated to their offense.

Let us also not forget how valuable mobility is to success in the West Coast, and Gabbert is one of the most mobile quarterbacks in the draft.

duckseason
02-11-2011, 09:20 AM
Jake Locker is the obvious answer here. Might be the only NFL-caliber QB in this class, and he's a great fit for the WCO in general.

Would be shocked if he gets past Shanahan at 10. Shanny drafted Cutler in the 1st round and Locker is a far better fit for what he wants to do on offense. There's just no way in hell Shanahan passes on Locker if he's there, which should in turn answer this question because Shanahan is a genius.

The Bengals are too dumb to select a guy like Locker while the prevailing opinion is low on him. If they were a college team they'd recruit exclusively off rivals ratings.

jrdrylie
02-11-2011, 09:25 AM
Jake Locker is the obvious answer here. Might be the only NFL-caliber QB in this class, and he's a great fit for the WCO in general.

Would be shocked if he gets past Shanahan at 10. Shanny drafted Cutler in the 1st round and Locker is a far better fit for what he wants to do on offense. There's just no way in hell Shanahan passes on Locker if he's there, which should in turn answer this question because Shanahan is a genius.

The Bengals are too dumb to select a guy like Locker while the prevailing opinion is low on him. If they were a college team they'd recruit exclusively off rivals ratings.

If Locker had an arrest, he would be the pick for the Bengals. The jock is always that Al Davis takes the guy with the best 40-time. But the cliche that is even truer is the Bengals taking a guy with charcter concerns.