PDA

View Full Version : nepg 020911

nepg
02-10-2011, 06:29 PM
http://www.mockdrafthq.com/draft/view/nepg/nepg_020911/1

Pat Sims 90
02-10-2011, 06:33 PM
Locker is not accurate enough to play in a West Coast Offense plus his footwork is godawful. Green, Bowers, Dareus, and Gabbert all better picks

vidae
02-10-2011, 06:38 PM
Boooourns!

Splat
02-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Ummm no.............

thebow305
02-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Great Miami pick

fed36
02-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Normally I mock julio jones to the skins so I do like the pick....but in your mock you have Quinn falling to the skins....and in that instance I would snag Quinn for the skins over Jones. Quinn and Orakpo would make a fierce duo of OLBs for the skins

T-RICH49
02-10-2011, 07:44 PM
Justin Houston >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kyle Rudolph

49erNation85
02-10-2011, 08:11 PM
Seems like LB is pick of the month for SF now.

prock
02-10-2011, 09:03 PM
I dig Gabbert

nepg
02-10-2011, 09:06 PM
Seems like LB is pick of the month for SF now.
Just Von Miller. Probably because if he gets past SF, he could fall pretty far and that seems inconceivable at this point.

fenikz
02-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Horrible Cardinals pick, hell we might even pass on him in the 2nd

Miller, Amukamara, Quinn please

Matthew Jones
02-10-2011, 09:36 PM
Looks pretty good for the Patriots. I could see something like that. Maybe Muhammad Wilkerson or Wisniewski at #33.

nepg
02-10-2011, 10:31 PM
Horrible Cardinals pick, hell we might even pass on him in the 2nd

Miller, Amukamara, Quinn please
Eh... He's got franchise QB qualities. He has a big arm that's accurate and has shown great leadership on the field. He's shown poise and has played pretty well in big games. He also played in a similar passing system at Arkansas to what Whis runs for the Cardinals. Unless the Cardinals make a trade, that'd be their best move. The knocks on Mallett are that he has an Arkansas accent and rumored rumors that no one knows anything about...supposedly. Really? That's why you pass on him? I think he's Joe Flacco - at worst.

If you're saying you want to pass on Mallett in a mock where no trades have been made, you're saying that you want to go into 2011 with Anderson, Skelton, and Hall.

I think anyone that doesn't like Mallett, Locker, or Newton that has a team that needs a QB has just completely over-analyzed the situation. 3 QBs with definitive franchise QB qualities. That's a ton better than most draft classes can say. And Gabbert might turn out well, too.

nepg
02-10-2011, 10:35 PM
Locker is not accurate enough to play in a West Coast Offense plus his footwork is godawful. Green, Bowers, Dareus, and Gabbert all better picks
His accuracy seems to be directly related to his footwork, which is the thing he always says he's working on when asked where he needs to improve. I feel like that's the only thing holding him back at this point and that's one of the easiest things to correct with young QBs (also - every QB coming in to the NFL needs a lot of help with their footwork).

Stick him in Cincy with Shipleyzzz, Simpson, Caldwell, and Gresham and I think you've got a really nice young group that will grow well together.

nepg
02-10-2011, 10:36 PM
Looks pretty good for the Patriots. I could see something like that. Maybe Muhammad Wilkerson or Wisniewski at #33.
Wisniewski AND Pouncey?! Hmmm.... I like it.

Pat Sims 90
02-11-2011, 07:11 AM
His accuracy seems to be directly related to his footwork, which is the thing he always says he's working on when asked where he needs to improve. I feel like that's the only thing holding him back at this point and that's one of the easiest things to correct with young QBs (also - every QB coming in to the NFL needs a lot of help with their footwork).

Stick him in Cincy with Shipleyzzz, Simpson, Caldwell, and Gresham and I think you've got a really nice young group that will grow well together.

U relize the Bengals dont have that type of coaching that can fix Lockers problems.

thegreatone
02-11-2011, 11:04 PM
Love Harris for the Ravens.

NotRickJames
02-12-2011, 01:22 AM
I don't get why the Chiefs are taking Rudolph in your mock. They've already got Moeaki who they like a lot.

And ya the Cardinals go with Von Miller there, no question.

fenikz
02-12-2011, 04:11 AM
Eh... He's got franchise QB qualities. He has a big arm that's accurate and has shown great leadership on the field. He's shown poise and has played pretty well in big games. He also played in a similar passing system at Arkansas to what Whis runs for the Cardinals. Unless the Cardinals make a trade, that'd be their best move. The knocks on Mallett are that he has an Arkansas accent and rumored rumors that no one knows anything about...supposedly. Really? That's why you pass on him? I think he's Joe Flacco - at worst.

If you're saying you want to pass on Mallett in a mock where no trades have been made, you're saying that you want to go into 2011 with Anderson, Skelton, and Hall.

I think anyone that doesn't like Mallett, Locker, or Newton that has a team that needs a QB has just completely over-analyzed the situation. 3 QBs with definitive franchise QB qualities. That's a ton better than most draft classes can say. And Gabbert might turn out well, too.

I think he has the potential of a Derek Anderson, Newton is 20x the QB he will ever be and I really don't see a job for Locker in the NFL.

Babylon
02-12-2011, 12:17 PM
U relize the Bengals dont have that type of coaching that can fix Lockers problems.

Locker's problems are overblown, he's working with former NFLer Ken Obrien on whatever issues need to be dealt with. Having said that i dont see Locker going there (4th) although i know the Bengals are following him closely and his agent is the same agent as Carson Palmer's.

My prediction on Locker is he'll probably be the 3rd QB taken (personally i'd take him higher). I think some team will trade back into the first and he'll go in the 20-25 area. At that point it could very well be the Bengals, Cardinals, Titans or Bills.

Brothgar
02-14-2011, 07:11 PM
http://jurbanvoice.com/media/blogs/noslip/jizzinmypants14.jpg