PDA

View Full Version : Jake Kirkpatrick Not Invited to Combine?!?!

Black Bolt
02-10-2011, 09:11 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/14631762/list-of-snubs-ready-to-prove-they-belong-in-combine

Okay, at the risk of sounding like I am endorsing a conspiracy theory, what is the deal with the way Kirkpatrick is being received??? The explanation they give sounds absolutely ridiculous!

TACKLE
02-10-2011, 09:12 PM
Tim Barnes wasn't invited either. Both big oversights.

thegreatone
02-10-2011, 09:16 PM
Mario Harvey should be on the list as well. It really makes no sense at all.

I guess some team will be getting some steals, because some of these guys are seriously slept on.

Nalej
02-10-2011, 09:41 PM
I want KPat for the Pats

descendency
02-10-2011, 10:38 PM
The highest drafted player without going to the Scouting Combine was Sebastian Vollmer (to my knowledge) who went late in the second round.

Vollmer was a top OT though (granted, I doubt he would have lasted if people knew how good of an OT he was going to be). Most (really good) centers struggle to make the first round. This could mean his stock will fall out of the first two days.

Black Bolt
02-11-2011, 08:34 AM
The highest drafted player without going to the Scouting Combine was Sebastian Vollmer (to my knowledge) who went late in the second round.

Vollmer was a top OT though (granted, I doubt he would have lasted if people knew how good of an OT he was going to be). Most (really good) centers struggle to make the first round. This could mean his stock will fall out of the first two days.

But unlike Volmer, this guy is a known commodity from what is now a high profile team. Very strange.

FloridaFootball1
02-13-2011, 12:00 PM
Well the guy only anchored a O-line on a team that went undefeated, won the Rimington and didn't give up a sack all year, yeah that makes sense.

gpngc
02-13-2011, 12:16 PM
Maybe he declined an invite because he's not pursuing an NFL career? That's all I can come up with.

BeerBaron
02-13-2011, 02:22 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/19/wyomings-moore/

Pull a Devin Moore and have your own damn combine in the parking lot.

Honestly, I think I would expand to allow just about anyone draft worthy to enter. Instead of sending out "invites," I think I'd let any interest player (or most likely said players agent) "apply" and then accept applications. And if they're relatively draft worthy, let them in.