PDA

View Full Version : New York Giants Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

bigbluedefense
10-20-2011, 06:09 PM
Ballard is serviceable bc of Eli, plus the fact that nobody covers him. Once teams start to care, he'll go back to 2 catches for 25 yards a game. I like the guy, but we better not pass on any TEs in the first 3 rounds bc of him. Ballard makes Boss look like Deion Sanders.

bigbluedefense
10-20-2011, 06:11 PM
And yes, Sanu is #1 on my wish list. Unless Blackmon drops, which I doubt.

Him and Luke.

Giantsfan1080
10-20-2011, 06:29 PM
I wouldn't waste a high pick on a TE in this offensive system. I would however love Coby Fleener for Red Zone situations and matchup problems. I'm not sure what round he's projected but I figure as of know he might be a 3rd/4th Rd guy.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-20-2011, 06:31 PM
And yes, Sanu is #1 on my wish list. Unless Blackmon drops, which I doubt.

Him and Luke.

Yeah Sanu would be a sick pickup. I love Ballard! hahaha he is soooo slow but still makes catches! HAHAHA It takes him 10 years to get through his route, and yet he is productive! I love it!

Giantsfan1080
10-20-2011, 06:32 PM
He doesn't drop anything either and as slow as he is his YAC is incredible for someone his size. He's fine.

bigbluedefense
10-20-2011, 07:30 PM
While I wouldn't be against a 1st round te, I'm not necessarily saying first round. You can find quality te, talent in round 3. Jimmy Graham and Jermichael Finley come to mind as 3rd round guys.

I just want to improve our team speed. Ballard is a jag. Why not improve from that?

Giantsfan1080
10-20-2011, 09:24 PM
While I wouldn't be against a 1st round te, I'm not necessarily saying first round. You can find quality te, talent in round 3. Jimmy Graham and Jermichael Finley come to mind as 3rd round guys.

I just want to improve our team speed. Ballard is a jag. Why not improve from that?

I'm telling you check out Fleener from Stanford. Since I watch Luck anytime I can I've been watching him now as well. He seems like a matchup nightmare when you need yards or a TD.

bigbluedefense
10-21-2011, 11:54 AM
I'm telling you check out Fleener from Stanford. Since I watch Luck anytime I can I've been watching him now as well. He seems like a matchup nightmare when you need yards or a TD.

Is he fast? I want a seam stretcher. I'll try to check him out.

Also, the more I think about it, the more I want Mike Zimmer as our next HC. He just seems like a perfect fit. Tough, runs a man coverage 43 that's aggressive, Parcells disciple, successful coordinator, just seems like a good fit.

Giantsfan1080
10-21-2011, 12:38 PM
Is he fast? I want a seam stretcher. I'll try to check him out.

Also, the more I think about it, the more I want Mike Zimmer as our next HC. He just seems like a perfect fit. Tough, runs a man coverage 43 that's aggressive, Parcells disciple, successful coordinator, just seems like a good fit.

No I don't believe he's that fast which is why he would fall. He reminds me of a Gronkowski type.

bigbluedefense
10-21-2011, 01:07 PM
No I don't believe he's that fast which is why he would fall. He reminds me of a Gronkowski type.

Gronk is fast though. If he's a Gronk type he's perfect for our team. Especially being a Stanford kid, you need to be smart to succeed in this offense.

What about that ILB from South Carolina? I'm reading he's a Stewart Bradley type? That's another guy we need to keep an eye on in the 3rd round if we don't get any of the top tier LBs in the draft. I think his name is Cole. I want to scout him if I can get the chance too.

Giantsfan1080
10-21-2011, 01:16 PM
Gronk is fast though. If he's a Gronk type he's perfect for our team. Especially being a Stanford kid, you need to be smart to succeed in this offense.

What about that ILB from South Carolina? I'm reading he's a Stewart Bradley type? That's another guy we need to keep an eye on in the 3rd round if we don't get any of the top tier LBs in the draft. I think his name is Cole. I want to scout him if I can get the chance too.

I don't know I've never thought that Gronk was that fast. I think he just uses his height advantage real well.

Giantsfan1080
10-21-2011, 01:19 PM
I haven't seen much of the ILB from USCe.

bigbluedefense
10-21-2011, 01:43 PM
I don't know I've never thought that Gronk was that fast. I think he just uses his height advantage real well.

Gronk was fast. He ran a 4.65. You don't notice it bc he's such a big body that he doesn't look that fast, but he's fast. He only fell to the 2nd round bc he has a spinal condition that narrows his spine over time.

OSUGiants17
10-21-2011, 02:18 PM
I have been saying this for a while, drafting this is actually pretty possible and would be jizztastic:
1. Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College
2. Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers
3. Colby Fleener, TE, Stanford

Giantsfan1080
10-21-2011, 02:20 PM
That would be amazing but there's no way Sanu falls until the 2nd half of the 2nd round. We'd have to trade up for him in that scenario.

touchdownmaker
10-21-2011, 02:23 PM
Granted I have a cousin who played there a few back, so I like me some Scarlet Knights, however drafting Sanu over a Burfict, Teo or Keuhlky would be insane. One of those three will complete the defense. From there on out, we would be drafting for depth in the next three years on defense.

The second round should be a pick between G/C or TE or WR. There are a good number of big WRs available in this draft. I like Sanu, Toon, Dwight Jones, and Brian Quick for the secodn round. Sadly, Sanu and Toon will be gone early in the second. If Fuller drops into the second maybe that improves are chances at those two.

How do you guys feel about possibly trading for Aaron Curry. I hear that Seatle would except anything for him. I would have no problem sending over a 5 rounder for him. Maybe they even cut him next year? The knock on Curry is that he isnt a pass rusher, however with our D-line we really don't need one.

Giantsfan1080
10-21-2011, 03:03 PM
Who said they would take Sanu over Kuechly? I love Sanu but I'd take Luke over him.

Also Curry was already traded to Oakland.

scottyboy
10-21-2011, 03:16 PM
Guys, Sanu is going #1 overall. we're just going to have to trade up for him. It's the only way.

Oh, what's that? Sorry, RU football is relevant again and I well...yeah, you know.

OSUGiants17
10-21-2011, 04:02 PM
This is a DEEP WR class and not a lot of teams need WRs. Blackmon, Jeffery, Floyd, Broyles are all considered better than him. Blackmon and Floyd will drop due to character concerns, and no one other than Alshon will be taken over them. Sanu could very well be there in the round 2 teens. Plus sadly, with our schedule about to get TOUGH and I mean very tough, we might not be picking that late. Also, perhaps we trade Osi for a 2nd and get Sanu early round 2, Fleener late 2???

NY+Giants=NYG
10-21-2011, 05:39 PM
anyone hear Mike F with revis? LOL. Supposedly, they got into a fight with Revis hanging up on Mike.

Giantsfan1080
10-24-2011, 10:30 AM
Prince and Ramses returning to practice today!!! Everyone else who was banged up is also practicing. Some good news on this Monday.

Jughead10
10-24-2011, 10:33 AM
Tuck and Snee is all we need.

Giantsfan1080
10-24-2011, 10:48 AM
Prince should be a big help also.

bigbluedefense
10-24-2011, 11:16 AM
Yeah Prince would be a big help. We better hope he can give us a McCourty type rookie season, or else we're toast vs teams like GB and NE.

I read some article, I believe it was from Garafolo, that broke down how the Giants played their best defense vs Buffalo when we went into man coverage and got out of Fewell's zones.

Seriously, why is this so hard for him to figure out? It's SO frustrating seeing our defense not properly utilized.

Jughead10
10-24-2011, 11:21 AM
I know this breaking it down to very simplest form but all zones have holes. If any QB has time, he'll find the holes. Man in it's dream form means everyone is covered or at least accounted for. We should be running at least 75% man coverage. The only zone I care for at all are exotic zone blitzes, which almost guarantee a QB will have no time.

I'd rather get beat because one of our guys couldn't make a play rather than having an opposing QB pick a zone apart.

Giantsfan1080
10-24-2011, 11:32 AM
If we run zone against the Packers and Saints then Brees and Rodgers will eat us alive.

That was the Garafolo article BBD. He also thinks with Prince coming back Fewell might run more zone which makes absolutely no sense to me.

bigbluedefense
10-24-2011, 11:49 AM
You figure he would run more man coverage with Prince to get him up to speed quicker.

Maaaan, I miss Spags so much. Hopefully they fire him and he comes back as our DC/HC in waiting.

bigbluedefense
10-24-2011, 12:10 PM
I know this breaking it down to very simplest form but all zones have holes. If any QB has time, he'll find the holes. Man in it's dream form means everyone is covered or at least accounted for. We should be running at least 75% man coverage. The only zone I care for at all are exotic zone blitzes, which almost guarantee a QB will have no time.

I'd rather get beat because one of our guys couldn't make a play rather than having an opposing QB pick a zone apart.

This is basically what I want us to run. Rex Ryan's defense is actually perfect for us if it was ran out of a 4-3 (he runs a lot of 43/46 alignments as is).

That's basically Rex Ryan's defense.

Jughead10
10-24-2011, 01:06 PM
This is basically what I want us to run. Rex Ryan's defense is actually perfect for us if it was ran out of a 4-3 (he runs a lot of 43/46 alignments as is).

That's basically Rex Ryan's defense.

Plus we have far far superior natural pass rushers.

BigBlueNorwegian
10-24-2011, 01:09 PM

This. I understand that some matchups you can't win with exclusively playing man coverage, but I really think we should play it at least 75 % of the time, like you said.

It's not like they would be required to cover people for 5 seconds either. With all our D-line guys healthy 3 seconds should be more than enough to get pressure or a sack most of the time.

EDIT: Didn't see until now that you guys already took care of elaborating this on the next page, but I got eager and wanted to agree as well :)

BigBlueNorwegian
10-24-2011, 01:18 PM
Also saw in one of the articles today that we are easing Prince into the lineup. I'm kind of glad we're not going to hurry him, but at the same time, what choice do we really have? We desperately need him for the Patriots, or at the very least for the Saints and Packers.

But it looks like the only things he's even going to practice are individual drills and special teams for this week at least. I would want us to at least let him participate as Cornerback in team drills at practice, so we can see what we have. That way we can better understand how much of a contribution we can expect this season.

And the part about playing more zone with him back in the lineup makes no sense at all. Wasn't one of his major strengths man coverage in College?

Damix
10-25-2011, 01:53 PM
This has the makings of another trap game with JP Losman maybe starting for the Fins.

Giantsfan1080
10-25-2011, 02:06 PM
This has the makings of another trap game with JP Losman maybe starting for the Fins.

If the Seahawk game didn't happen they I'd say maybe but I think the team realizes they still need to bring the A game to beat the lesser opponents.

bigbluedefense
10-25-2011, 02:39 PM
Yeah but we also love to suck against back up quarterbacks.

Giantsfan1080
10-25-2011, 03:33 PM
This will be the first game we have all 4 De's playing together so I'm excited.

bigbluedefense
10-25-2011, 03:49 PM
As long as we don't turn the ball over we should be ok. I say this every time we play an opponent we should beat, I don't care if it's ugly, I just want a win.

Just win. Then comes the real tests. We'll find out what this team is really made of in the coming weeks.

Giantsfan1080
10-25-2011, 04:23 PM
We usually play down to our opponent so this probably will end up being a close game.

BigBlueNorwegian
10-25-2011, 07:06 PM
One thing I noticed while looking ahead at our schedule is that we are probably going to get four primetime games in a row starting week 11.

vs.Philaldelphia (SNF)
@New Orleans (MNF)

And then we are supposed to have a 4 o' clock game against the Packers before the week 14 SNF against Dallas. But by week 13 we are in the part where NBC is allowed to opt out of their original game by swapping it with a 4 o'clock game.

And the SNF for that week is Indianapolis at New England. If Peyton Manning's not playing this season, then I'm sure they would opt to use the flex opportunity due to the Colts being a trainwreck without him. Our matchup against Green bay is by far the best of the games with an afternoon kickoff.

I'm sure this doesn't bother you guys all that much, but for me in Europe, that means four weeks in a row with the Giants game starting at 02:30 local time and ending rougly around 06:00. Sleep deprivation here I come :(

Damix
10-25-2011, 07:11 PM
One thing I noticed while looking ahead at our schedule is that we are probably going to get four primetime games in a row starting week 11.

vs.Philaldelphia (SNF)
@New Orleans (MNF)

And then we are supposed to have a 4 o' clock game against the Packers before the week 14 SNF against Dallas. But by week 13 we are in the part where NBC is allowed to opt out of their original game by swapping it with a 4 o'clock game.

And the SNF for that week is Indianapolis at New England. If Peyton Manning's not playing this season, then I'm sure they would opt to use the flex opportunity due to the Colts being a trainwreck without him. Our matchup against Green bay is by far the best of the games with an afternoon kickoff.

I'm sure this doesn't bother you guys all that much, but for me in Europe, that means four weeks in a row with the Giants game starting at 02:30 local time and ending rougly around 06:00. Sleep deprivation here I come :(

I was in Munich for the Monday night game, I tried following it on my computer at like 2 am, but fell asleep.

Can't even imagine how hard it is for that to be all the time!

Malaka
10-25-2011, 07:12 PM

vs.Philaldelphia (SNF)
@New Orleans (MNF)

Haha, I am sorry bro! But it's great for me :P I live in Miami so the primetime games guarantee I don't have to watch through a tiny box on my computer.

Still ouch, lmao, 6:00 am? If you really go through with that... that's some dedication!

bigbluedefense
10-26-2011, 08:04 AM
Should I start Victor Cruz this week?

Jughead10
10-26-2011, 08:05 AM
Should I start Victor Cruz this week?

Yes. In any league where you start 3 WR and have 10 teams, I would think all 3 of our WRs would always be must starts except for maybe against the best defenses in the league.

bigbluedefense
10-26-2011, 09:17 AM
Daniel Thomas, Sidney Rice, MJD, and Steven Jackson.

Of those 4, who would you bench for Cruz?

Giantsfan1080
10-26-2011, 09:28 AM
Sidney Rice for sure.

BigBlueNorwegian
10-26-2011, 12:17 PM
Haha, I am sorry bro! But it's great for me :P I live in Miami so the primetime games guarantee I don't have to watch through a tiny box on my computer.

Still ouch, lmao, 6:00 am? If you really go through with that... that's some dedication!

Thanks for the support! Yeah, sure I go through with it! I was stupid enough to get hooked on the NFL in the first place, so now it's my blessing and my curse. But I probably won't be able to be as dedicated a fan when my studies finish in two and a half years though. Do not wan't to think about that day yet:(

BaLLiN
10-26-2011, 01:43 PM
Daniel Thomas, Sidney Rice, MJD, and Steven Jackson.

Of those 4, who would you bench for Cruz?

Sidney Rice for sure.
This, as long as Whitehurst is QB, Rice's value is shot.

touchdownmaker
10-26-2011, 01:50 PM
Its funny because I seem to remember an article saying the exact opposite, that they would play Prince in Man to make it easier on him.

In Nebraska they had him in man coverage most of the time, and it was a strength of his.
Prince in an interview:
"That is mostly what we did at Nebraska, just line up against a guy and it was your best guy versus their best guy. That’s what we did and I am very used to that, but I can play zone, too, so if we play that, I can get in and contribute that way, too.”

Giantsfan1080
10-26-2011, 02:10 PM
Its funny because I seem to remember an article saying the exact opposite, that they would play Prince in Man to make it easier on him.

In Nebraska they had him in man coverage most of the time, and it was a strength of his.
Prince in an interview:
"That is mostly what we did at Nebraska, just line up against a guy and it was your best guy versus their best guy. That’s what we did and I am very used to that, but I can play zone, too, so if we play that, I can get in and contribute that way, too.”

We all want to see Prince in man as well but since Fewell loves his zone D we're a little nervous about it.

bigbluedefense
10-27-2011, 01:57 PM
I think we should rest Tuck this week. Keep him as fresh as possible. Or if he does play, cut his snaps in half.

Giantsfan1080
10-27-2011, 02:30 PM
Well with 4 healthy DE's the snaps will be limited. I want him to play and get back in shape for the tough schedule to come. Also, JPP has been getting way to many snaps per game and I don't him wearing out as the year goes on. Tuck should play if healthy.

bigbluedefense
10-27-2011, 02:34 PM
JPP can rotate with Kiwi. Kiwi should get more snaps on the line. I say play Tuck very sparingly just to get his feet wet.

In other news, Travis Beckum still feels that hes one big play away from having a key role with the Giants. Lulz.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-27-2011, 07:31 PM
I am sure Barden feels the same thing. If he can do it in the slot, then who knows.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-27-2011, 08:40 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football?skill=OF

Steve Smith - WR - Eagles

Adam Schefter revealed on the ESPN Football Today podcast that Eagles WR Steve Smith and DE Juqua Parker as well as Colts DE Jerry Hughes were shopped at the trade deadline.
Smith will collect $2 million guaranteed as the Eagles' fourth receiver this season. Jason Avant is signed through 2014, so Smith will almost certainly be playing elsewhere in 2012. Parker landed in the doghouse after an egregious offsides penalty against the Bills. Hughes has a been bust since being drafted at the end of the first round last year.

Steve Smith's twitter

This was obviously not an easy decision for me or something i ever expected but unfortunately the business aspect proved that the eagles wanted me to be part of their organization MUCH more than the Giants did..

They wanted you so much more steve they tried shopping arse! Hahaha!

Giantsfan1080
10-28-2011, 12:29 PM
Prince was ruled out on Sunday even though he's been fully practicing. I'd have liked to see him get snaps against an "eaiser" team before throwing him into the fire against the like of the Pats, Packers, and Saints.

Rosebud
10-28-2011, 12:36 PM
I am sure Barden feels the same thing. If he can do it in the slot, then who knows.

To be fair the last time we saw Barden on the field he was in the middle of having an impressive game as part of the game plan. Beckum's been healthy and doesn't play a position we regularly utilize. So at least with Barden he could be one game away from making us no longer dependent on Mario. Nicks and Barden on the outside with Cruz in the slot and Mario in for big plays would tear teams up if they all stayed healthy and kept growing/learning. That however has been the issue with Barden, he's yet to stay healthy enough to be a significant cog in our passing game.

Jughead10
10-28-2011, 12:37 PM
I would LOVE to see a David Carr to Ramses Barden TD on Sunday.

Giantsfan1080
10-28-2011, 12:38 PM
When barden finally gets back I'll just be excited if we use him in the Green Zone at first. The only thing I worry about is Gilbride becoming to pass happy with all the players now.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-28-2011, 12:40 PM
When barden finally gets back I'll just be excited if we use him in the Green Zone at first. The only thing I worry about is Gilbride becoming to pass happy with all the players now.

Good! Let him! I am tired of seeing every other QB throw the ball, and get props. 3 times in the red zone and we padded damn bradshaw's stats. Meanwhile Brees in the redzone, is... throwing! 5 damn TD passes! 5! I want a system where we can win, and not stall out AND pad Eli's stats. What the hell is hard with that? Week after week I see Qbs with 1 yard TD passes and so on. Same with Sanchez to Burress.

bigbluedefense
10-28-2011, 12:47 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football?skill=OF

Steve Smith's twitter

They wanted you so much more steve they tried shopping arse! Hahaha!

Leave my Stevey alone. I still <3 him.

bigbluedefense
10-28-2011, 12:48 PM
Dude, Beckum just sucks. It's not even an issue with him not fitting in our offense, the dude just sucks.

You can throw him in any system and he'd suck it in. When you catch a 2 yard pass like it was a 50 ton atom bomb and roll on the floor, you just suck.

Softest player I've seen in a long long time.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-28-2011, 12:51 PM
Leave my Stevey alone. I still <3 him.

Booooooooooooooo! Booooo! It would have been funny if he got traded. Then his twitter account would have lit up based on that original quote. Poor guy seems depressed. Not on any social media sites any more. If he really wants to come back, he should tell his agent. The agent WORKS FOR SMITH! Not, the other way around!

Rosebud
10-28-2011, 01:18 PM
Dude, Beckum just sucks. It's not even an issue with him not fitting in our offense, the dude just sucks.

You can throw him in any system and he'd suck it in. When you catch a 2 yard pass like it was a 50 ton atom bomb and roll on the floor, you just suck.

Softest player I've seen in a long long time.

Oh I wasn't disagreeing with that at all. I was just trying to point out that Barden's different from Beckum because he was at least good when on the field and if he's beasting fits this team. Even if Beckum was playing great he wouldn't be a great fit for our offense the way Hernandez is for the Pats, whereas if Barden picks up where he left off in the Dallas game he'll be in our top 3 receivers with Nicks and Cruz within a couple weeks.

bigbluedefense
10-28-2011, 02:00 PM
I think we're overreacting to that Dallas game. Yes, he flashed, but dude caught like 3 passes for 30 yards.

Hardly enough to declare him as our 3rd best receiver when healthy. Let's temper expectations a bit, we are way overreacting to the Dallas game.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-28-2011, 02:51 PM
I think the flashing part is what you want to see if you are a coach. Does that ability and learned knowledge translate to the field. When or IF it does, you want to see more of it. Beckum for example, hasn't flashed. So expectations are much lower! In fact, when he had a chance to make a key play on 4th down he acted as if Eli throw a 50 ton football at him.

Giantsfan1080
10-28-2011, 03:58 PM
Gilbride had some good things to say about Barden in that game also.

bigbluedefense
10-29-2011, 12:51 PM
Guys, this snow might be an advantage for Miami. They are a much better running team than us and we struggle vs the run. Plus wet ball and Eli behind an oline thats still making mistakes makes me nervous.

Giantsfan1080
10-29-2011, 02:03 PM
Guys, this snow might be an advantage for Miami. They are a much better running team than us and we struggle vs the run. Plus wet ball and Eli behind an oline thats still making mistakes makes me nervous.

Did I miss something and we're playing today? It's going to be sunny and dry tomorrow. Also, even if it were raining I don't think giving Reggie Bush the ball 25 times to run is something they would ever do or ever work against us.

bigbluedefense
10-29-2011, 02:28 PM
Did I miss something and we're playing today? It's going to be sunny and dry tomorrow. Also, even if it were raining I don't think giving Reggie Bush the ball 25 times to run is something they would ever do or ever work against us.

Isn't it snowing tomorrow too? Even if it is sunny, I think we would still have a wet field. And it's Daniel Thomas I'm worried about.

Giantsfan1080
10-29-2011, 02:30 PM
Isn't it snowing tomorrow too? Even if it is sunny, I think we would still have a wet field. And it's Daniel Thomas I'm worried about.

Thomas is listed as doubtful and may not even play. All the weather forecasts as of right now say 45 and sunny. The turf dries out quick I believe so I'm not concerned by it.

OSUGiants17
10-29-2011, 02:30 PM
Anyone else going to the game tomorrow?

LTgiants
10-29-2011, 02:31 PM

I might idk yet.

Giantsfan1080
10-29-2011, 02:36 PM

I'll be there.

bigbluedefense
10-29-2011, 02:39 PM
Daniel Thomas is doubtful? *adjusts fantasy lineup*

Giantsfan1080
10-29-2011, 02:52 PM
Daniel Thomas is doubtful? *adjusts fantasy lineup*

I'm sorry he was questionable.

Here's the injury report.

Out
CB Prince Amukamara Foot (LP)

Doubtful
FB Henry Hynoski Neck (DNP)

Questionable
T Stacy Andrews Back (DNP)
DE Justin Tuck Groin/Neck (LP)

Probable
LB Michael Boley Knee (LP)
RB Brandon Jacobs Knee (LP)
G Chris Snee Concussion (FP)
DE Osi Umenyiora Knee (LP)

Out
None

Doubtful
CB Vontae Davis Hamstring (DNP)

Questionable
G Richie Incognito Ankle (LP)
S Reshad Jones Knee (LP)
DE Kendall Langford Hip (LP)
RB Daniel Thomas Hamstring (LP)

Probable
RB Reggie Bush Neck (FP)
CB Nolan Carroll Hamstring (FP)
S Chris Clemons Hamstring (FP)
T Marc Colombo Knee (FP)
WR Edmond Gates Groin (FP)
QB Matt Moore Ribs (FP)
DE Jared Odrick Knee (FP)

Giantsfan1080
10-29-2011, 06:15 PM
Daniel Thomas and Vontae Davis ruled out tomorrow.

Rosebud
10-29-2011, 08:28 PM
I think we're overreacting to that Dallas game. Yes, he flashed, but dude caught like 3 passes for 30 yards.

Hardly enough to declare him as our 3rd best receiver when healthy. Let's temper expectations a bit, we are way overreacting to the Dallas game.

If he looks how he did in that game in the redzone when he comes back he'll get the opportunities to grow into our 3rd best receiver. I think he just provides a lot more for this team than mario does if all works out which would really let us limit our dependence on Mario and help us maximize his effectiveness.

bigbluedefense
10-29-2011, 10:20 PM
Let him prove it first. Potential doesn't mean **** if you can't stay healthy. He has yet to do that in 3 years.

Rosebud
10-29-2011, 11:06 PM
Let him prove it first. Potential doesn't mean **** if you can't stay healthy. He has yet to do that in 3 years.

Yep, that's why I'm excited to see what he can do once he's back on the field.

scottyboy
10-30-2011, 06:27 PM
a win is a win...right?

NY+Giants=NYG
10-30-2011, 07:00 PM
a win is a win...right?

Yes! But let's put Perry Fewell on notice or the hot seat. I think I am close to hating him. If you have a player, RB, who needs a 100 yard rushing day, please, schedule us. We will be VERY happy to help!

Malaka
10-30-2011, 07:33 PM
It's the 4-2-5 defense he uses as a base. I understand its a passing league nowadays but, how does he expect to stop the run by committing so much to the pass. Worst part is, it doesn't even make our pass defense that much better because of all the soft zone he runs. It took Matt ******* Moore three drives to throw an incomplete pass. Imagine how badly Brady is going to rip us a new one next Sunday.

Fewell needs to get his head out of his ass. The only way we beat Brady next week is the same way we beat him in the Super Bowl, blitz the **** out of him. We have such a plethora of pass rushers JPP, Tuck, Osi, Kiwi, and even Tollefson, that f we had someone like Spags or one of the Ryan brothers JPP could easily win the sack title year in and year out.

Believe it or not Gilbride doesn't frustrate me as much as Fewell anymore. Maybe its because I am defensive guy, but damn when the Dolphins are leading 14-3 at one point you know that's a problem.

Anyways, Manning is probably the best QB in Giants history. If he can get another ring, and 3 more seasons of how he is playing right now I think it's safe to say he'll have a bust right next to his big brother's. The media might not want to admit it, but its true.

Our run-game is awful, what I thought was a strength is seriously disappointing me. Jacobs is a bum, I used to love this guy, but all he does is whine and whine. When he actually gets the ball he doesn't produce. Let's get rid of this guy, I'd rather just keep Ware and the dude from Maryland, his name escapes me right now, as the backups for Bradshaw. Who also is not playing as well as he conceivably should, at least he keeps his mouth shut, runs hard, and has brought his fumbles down tough.

Cruz <3 and hopefully Nicks' hamstring is minor. Ballard is Kevin Boss 2.0, if you guys hadn't realized that before.

The Offensive line looks great in pass protection, especially today, but were playing the Dolphins so I don't how much we can evaluate from that. We still lack a push in the run game. I think Beatty is going to be forever average at best, but hopefully Brewer can be groomed into an above average RT to take over for McKenzie.

I put a lot of the blame for our porous run defense on the 4-2-5 scheme, but still we have by far the deepest and arguably most talented D-line in the NFL, yet this is embarrassing... Reggie Bush? 100 yards? What are we Washington State? Some of the blame needs to be given to Canty, Joseph, Osi, and JPP; I'll give Tuck a pass since its his first game back from injury.

Webster is a Boss, Ross is average but that's better than what a lot of other teams can say about their #2 corner. I'd honestly rather have Ross than DRC. Philips and Rolle are a pretty good safety tandem, but they have the talent to be the best in the league, unfortunately they aren't.

Can someone tell me about Herzlich? He's just a special teamer? I never ever see him out there on the field, until today I saw him on a kickoff. I hope he can return to his previous 1st round form, and maybe become the leader of this defense and the stalwart were lacking in the middle. Greg Jones is a good back-up, nothing more.

Jughead10
10-31-2011, 07:44 AM
I thought Greg Jones played like crap. And did Williams even see the field at all?

Jughead10
10-31-2011, 08:09 AM
Was this the first time Tuck wore that crazy full cage like Canty? Could it be to help his neck?

bigbluedefense
10-31-2011, 08:10 AM
He did play like crap. I don't remember seeing Williams on the field either. For the life of me, i don't understand why we sit back and let Matt Moore have all day to throw, we should bring the heat on him all game long. We did on the final 8 snaps of the game.

The result? 4 sacks and an INT. Why is this so difficult for Fewell to comprehend?

And the run d is largely due to horrible angles, and Osi just doesn't play the run at all. The majority of Reggie's long runs were to Osi's side. This defense really needs to put it together, the talent is there, but I just don't like Fewell at all.

I have no faith in him to put together a good gameplan vs the Pats. I can see us just sitting back in coverage and getting picked apart all day long.

Jughead10
10-31-2011, 08:17 AM
Zone might actually work best against the Pats. As scary of a thought that is. I don't think we have anyone shifty enough to cover Welker. Surprisingly Dockery used to be that guy.

The Pats have zero deep threats. It might actually be best to crowd the middle of the field.

BigBlueNorwegian
10-31-2011, 08:43 AM
I saw an interview with Ike Taylor, the Steelers CB. He said he couldn't even remember the last time he played as much press man coverage as he did yesterday. The Steelers had a simple gameplan. Press man coverage, and blitzing. The result? Brady went 24-35 for just 198 yards.

If Fewell even has half a brain he will see how effective this was for the Steelers and do some of the same things next sunday. But we all know the defense we probably get is a soft zone with 5 dbs, and a D-line where a guy on the right side refuses to play the run because he's to concerned about padding his stats and prepping for a new payday( cough, Osi, cough).

These next five games will make or break our season. I will be very happy if we manage to go 2-3 or better these next five games. We really need to find at least one win to even be in playoff contention for the last month.

Jughead10
10-31-2011, 08:47 AM
Realistically we make the playoffs if we just beat the NFC East teams. It obviously won't play out this way but 9-7 I think would do it as long as those remaining 4 wins were in division.

bigbluedefense
10-31-2011, 08:58 AM
Zone is fine as long as it's press zone with rerouting within 5 yards.

This off/soft zone garbage is what annoys me.

Jughead10
10-31-2011, 09:28 AM
Ware almost got Eli killed on one play too yesterday. Totally missed a block. Didn't even see the guy coming. Just another reason you have to love Bradhshaw.

bigbluedefense
10-31-2011, 10:12 AM
Our oline has been pretty mediocre. Beatty is what he is. He's not very good. We could use an upgrade at LT.

Diehl is showing his age at LG. Baas just can't stay healthy and is still missing assignments. The whole left side is all out of sorts right now. You figure they'd gel by now, but they haven't.

And why is Petrus always deactivated? You figure we'd like to have him ready in case he needs to go in.

Damix
10-31-2011, 10:15 AM
Probably because Boothe's versatility is more valuable then Petrus.

bigbluedefense
10-31-2011, 11:24 AM
Then deactivate Beckum and have Petrus activated. I rather have Petrus available than Beckum.

Speaking of Beatty, I'm pretty disappointed in him. I didn't have all that much faith in him coming into the season to begin with, but he's definitely not the solution at LT.

We all know he sucks at run blocking, that is what it is, that won't change, but he was supposed to be a good pass protector. He's not even that. He's just serviceable in that regard. He's weak, you can bullrush him all day, he makes too many mental mistakes with his assignments, he's just not that good.

He's serviceable. We can survive with him. But he's a JAG. It's time to give up on him as our LT of the future and look for an upgrade if we can find one.

Jughead10
10-31-2011, 11:26 AM
I'm not sure of the FA options at the end of this season, but OL, RB, and LB I think we can all agree are the main concerns for FA and the draft.

Damix
10-31-2011, 11:46 AM
Then deactivate Beckum and have Petrus activated. I rather have Petrus available than Beckum.

Speaking of Beatty, I'm pretty disappointed in him. I didn't have all that much faith in him coming into the season to begin with, but he's definitely not the solution at LT.

We all know he sucks at run blocking, that is what it is, that won't change, but he was supposed to be a good pass protector. He's not even that. He's just serviceable in that regard. He's weak, you can bullrush him all day, he makes too many mental mistakes with his assignments, he's just not that good.

He's serviceable. We can survive with him. But he's a JAG. It's time to give up on him as our LT of the future and look for an upgrade if we can find one.

I really haven't been that upset with Beatty, I don't think he is an all pro, but he has been pretty steady so far.

I see a lot of pressure coming through the middle of the line which I think is a big concern.

BigBlueNorwegian
10-31-2011, 11:54 AM
I'm not sure of the FA options at the end of this season, but OL, RB, and LB I think we can all agree are the main concerns for FA and the draft.

Yeah, and depending on what happens with the contract statuses of Ross and T2, CB can become a big concern as well. I would also very much like to upgrade our TE position. If we can get a pass-catching TE that actually catches passes(yes, I'm looking at you Beckum) paired with Ballard we can become much more dangerous on passes play action out of two TE-sets.

If we can get an impact LB, TE and OL out of the next FA and draft, as well as a good nickel/dime CB and another serviceable runningback, we would be pretty much stacked everywhere.

bigbluedefense
10-31-2011, 02:23 PM
I really haven't been that upset with Beatty, I don't think he is an all pro, but he has been pretty steady so far.

I see a lot of pressure coming through the middle of the line which I think is a big concern.

He's only steady bc Eli has such great pocket presence. Beatty gets routinely beat on a weekly basis. He made Jason Taylor look like he was 25 years old again. He's just not that good.

Like I said, we can survive with him, but he's not a good player. He's just serviceable.

I do believe that the value of a LT in today's league is somewhat overrated (if you have a franchise qb you don't need a stud LT), but you still play with fire when you have a mediocre LT.

Rosebud
10-31-2011, 03:34 PM
I'm just going to say this now so I can creep myself out even more next weekend, but watch Fewell bring pressure all day against the Pats. Coughlin's giants always play much more simple and basic against teams we out class and are much more aggressive n creative in games we can't "just win on talent alone." So I think that last drive is much more indicative of what Brady n co. will see from the giants.

Jughead10
10-31-2011, 03:40 PM
I'm just going to say this now so I can creep myself out even more next weekend, but watch Fewell bring pressure all day against the Pats. Coughlin's giants always play much more simple and basic against teams we out class and are much more aggressive n creative in games we can't "just win on talent alone." So I think that last drive is much more indicative of what Brady n co. will see from the giants.

I could see that as well. Although it may only be against Vick. We certainly gameplan Vick much different than other teams. Either way the Patriots certainly looked beatable on Sunday. Although the fact that they lost doesn't play in our advantage.

Rosebud
10-31-2011, 03:47 PM
Oh I expect to lose, Belly doesn't let his teams lose two straight, but I really feel like it's not just our players that raise their game for the big moments.

bigbluedefense
10-31-2011, 04:11 PM
When was the last time the Pats lost 2 straight? I honestly can't remember.

Hell, when was the last time the Pats lost at home?

OSUGiants17
10-31-2011, 05:09 PM

If Fewell actually watches tape from this past week and the SB victory he will see that we NEED to blitz to have any shot at winning. Keep Brady on his ass

Giantsfan1080
11-01-2011, 08:20 AM

The Jets beat them at home in the playoffs last year.

bigbluedefense
11-01-2011, 11:07 AM
They're money in the regular season though. I just can't picture NE losing 2 in a row. Especially after that performance against Pitt, you know Bill is gonna tear them a new one and make sure they bring their A game this week.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-01-2011, 11:21 AM
They're money in the regular season though. I just can't picture NE losing 2 in a row. Especially after that performance against Pitt, you know Bill is gonna tear them a new one and make sure they bring their A game this week.

That's not totally true. The Pats are not the old Pats. Their D stinks! But guess what, So does ours! LOL. So let's see what happens. If we actually blitz, we may win the game. If not, then we lose, and beat the 9ers.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Tryon's broken arm, which he played 2 quarters on! Good lordy!

http://a.yfrog.com/img686/6232/hk9vs.jpg

Giantsfan1080
11-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Coughlin was mad at him also. He said if he had told someone his arm was hurt they would have took him out and he probably wouldn't have broke it. He cost himself playing for us by hiding the injury.

bigbluedefense
11-01-2011, 02:15 PM
I miss doing my weekly breakdowns. My boss's desk is right behind mine in this new "cubicle" arrangement, but it's an open cubicle setup so he basically can see everything I do on my computer.

Which basically means I can't post as much as I used to. Which sucks.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-01-2011, 02:21 PM
I miss doing my weekly breakdowns. My boss's desk is right behind mine in this new "cubicle" arrangement, but it's an open cubicle setup so he basically can see everything I do on my computer.

So your saying drafting offense is a must? I am unclear of your point... : P

LonghornsLegend
11-01-2011, 02:23 PM

Hahaha I have this exact same problem now. Cubicles are somewhat open at my job, and most the supervisors are located behind us. I get a bit of browsing time, but sometimes it's too hard, let alone you scroll past someone's sig with 2 chics kissing and that's all anyone can see walking from behind you lol. I need to upgrade to my own office in a year.

But I looked forward to your breakdowns, even if they were just Giants talk. Always a good read and I enjoy learning more about division teams which is why I love stopping in this thread.

Jughead10
11-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Hahaha I have this exact same problem now. Cubicles are somewhat open at my job, and most the supervisors are located behind us. I get a bit of browsing time, but sometimes it's too hard, let alone you scroll past someone's sig with 2 chics kissing and that's all anyone can see walking from behind you lol. I need to upgrade to my own office in a year.

But I looked forward to your breakdowns, even if they were just Giants talk. Always a good read and I enjoy learning more about division teams which is why I love stopping in this thread.

You could change your options to lose everyone's sig. That's what I do. I haven't seen a sig in over a year.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-01-2011, 02:26 PM

And your a die hard Giants fan brain washed to like "America's team"? It's ok, we will accept you with open arms. : )

I agree with the avatars and sigs. Damn things! There should be a way so you don't have to see them. We had them on giants.com MB. lol.

Giantsfan1080
11-01-2011, 02:26 PM
I have the same problem also which is why a lot of posts are short during the afternoon.

Giantsfan1080
11-01-2011, 02:27 PM
You could change your options to lose everyone's sig. That's what I do. I haven't seen a sig in over a year.

That's like a fat guy who can't see his own junk though. I feel bad for you.

Jughead10
11-01-2011, 02:27 PM
And your a die hard Giants fan brain washed to like "America's team"? It's ok, we will accept you with open arms. : )

I agree with the avatars and sigs. Damn things! There should be a way so you don't have to see them. We had them on giants.com MB. lol.

Go to USER CP and then options. You can.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Go to USER CP and then options. You can.

Haha sweet! I just did it! Good stuff 10!

Jughead10
11-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Haha sweet! I just did it! Good stuff 10!

Yeah I have no idea what sig I have. Is it still Hakeem Nicks?

Giantsfan1080
11-01-2011, 02:32 PM

Yes it is.

Damix
11-01-2011, 02:32 PM
No avatars and sigs here, for years. Also have a privacy screen, wise investment, since I sit in a team war room

bigbluedefense
11-01-2011, 02:34 PM

Yeah it sucks doesn't it? I had to disable sigs and avis bc there was just waaaaaay too much stuff going on for me to have on my screen at work.

I'm gonna try to do my breakdowns, I try to do em while the game is fresh in my mind but i just haven't got the opportunities to do em so far this season.

That's like a fat guy who can't see his own junk though. I feel bad for you.

I do enjoy the sigs and avis....but only when I'm not at work haha.

Giantsfan1080
11-01-2011, 02:48 PM
I'm going to re-watch the Dolphins game tonight since I was pretty drunk at the actual game and don't remember everything all that well. Maybe I'll pick up some new things.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-01-2011, 03:46 PM

Yes I think so, lol.

Giantsfan1080
11-01-2011, 04:57 PM
The Giants rookies dressed for Halloween

http://p.twimg.com/AdMHIYpCAAEU7Oc.jpg:large

NY+Giants=NYG
11-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Eli's 4th quarter QB rating.

His 119.4 passer rating in the fourth quarter is the highest in the league.

Giantsfan1080
11-01-2011, 05:37 PM
I think we all know he's been excellent so far this year. I'm glad BBD was so worried about him in preseason haha.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-01-2011, 06:20 PM
I just don't understand why people still discount him or even worse dislike or hate him.

Giantsfan1080
11-01-2011, 06:40 PM
I just don't understand why people still discount him or even worse dislike or hate him.

I don't get it either. I mean there's still a good portion of the Giants fanbase that likes to throw him under the bus at the first sign of trouble. I've been firmly planted on the Eli bandwagon since the Chargers game in '05 and haven't wavered since. That was the first time you could tell he really was Easy Eli. Our defense didn't show up for that game but I can't believe how Eli played in one of the most hostile environments I've been in. Throw in the Denver comeback a few games after that and I'd seen enough to stick by him.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-01-2011, 06:55 PM
I don't get it either. I mean there's still a good portion of the Giants fanbase that likes to throw him under the bus at the first sign of trouble. I've been firmly planted on the Eli bandwagon since the Chargers game in '05 and haven't wavered since. That was the first time you could tell he really was Easy Eli. Our defense didn't show up for that game but I can't believe how Eli played in one of the most hostile environments I've been in. Throw in the Denver comeback a few games after that and I'd seen enough to stick by him.

I think the system was such a bad fit, and isn't QB friendly. Also, surrounded by big time personalities like Shockey, Plax, and Tiki. Factor in that idiot Hufangel while Rivers had Cam C. and Ben had whisenhunt.

I wish we could put Eli in system where we can pad the living sheet out of his stats. And then do the same thing other systems do for their QB.

Look what they did to Brees during the Colts game!!

5 TDS and 325 yards, and all of them were like 2, 4, 2, 6 ans 14 yard passes.

No RB got over 100 yards, but they made sure Brees got his.

We ALWAYS run the ball down there. What if we started doing that? No more Bradshaw 3 TDs like in the Bills game. Put those in Eli's stat column!

Instead of 13th or 15th in the league in terms of passing attempts, let's have him top 3 and see what happens like all the "band name" QBs.

Giantsfan1080
11-01-2011, 07:01 PM
I would love to see Eli get the recognition he deserves but as I said in the other thread I'm sick of defending. We all wouldn't trade Eli for any other QB in the NFL except for Brady or Rodgers at this point. He's a great fit for the team and NY. I agree I definitely want him to get his numbers but it's tough for a cold weather QB to put up huge numbers like Rivers in warm SD or Brees in a dome. In that Bills game it was smart football to run it in but of course it would have been nice to let Eli get a throw or 2 down there. When Eli retires everyone is going to realize how special of a QB he really was.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-01-2011, 07:04 PM
I would love to see Eli get the recognition he deserves but as I said in the other thread I'm sick of defending. We all wouldn't trade Eli for any other QB in the NFL except for Brady or Rodgers at this point. He's a great fit for the team and NY. I agree I definitely want him to get his numbers but it's tough for a cold weather QB to put up huge numbers like Rivers in warm SD or Brees in a dome. In that Bills game it was smart football to run it in but of course it would have been nice to let Eli get a throw or 2 down there. When Eli retires everyone is going to realize how special of a QB he really was.

Well our system doesn't help any either. Why not pad Eli's stats like the others do?

1 yard TD

3 yard TD

Instead you and I know it's Bradshaw and jacobs area of expertise. Screw that, he is the leader and franchise QB, so let him get those TDs.

Instead we run it, and we see someone run the wrong route that results in an INT. So the box scores reads:

0 TD 1 Int

LOL. People think then it's his fault!

Damix
11-01-2011, 07:05 PM
Who cares what they think? You take stats too seriously.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Who cares what they think? You take stats too seriously.

We are fans of a sport where we deal with other fan bases. Unless one watches the game and doesn't read or watch or talk to anyone about it then fine. But when one likes to talk football, the topic is bound to come up.

Plus unforuntely stats are the currency which a player is graded when other fan bases don't see other games. That's a big issue.

I wouldn't care if other people's opinion was somewhat accurate. Saying he is a bad QB or avg is just plain wrong. Why not add the earth is flat to it too?

Giantsfan1080
11-01-2011, 07:12 PM
We are fans of a sport where we deal with other fan bases. Unless one watches the game and doesn't read or watch or talk to anyone about it then fine. But when one likes to talk football, the topic is bound to come up.

Plus unforuntely stats are the currency which a player is graded when other fan bases don't see other games. That's a big issue.

I wouldn't care if other people's opinion was somewhat accurate. Saying he is a bad QB or avg is just plain wrong. Why not add the earth is flat to it too?

The bolded part has been the biggest issue in regards to the Eli bashers. They just look at the final numbers and assume he played terribly. Even the biggest NFL fans don't watch every game every week so they just glance at the stats. I'm a huge baseball fan where stats 95% tell the story there but in football it's more like 20% and that might be a high number. We know what Eli is and I'm happy he's our QB. Screw the haters at this point. I'll take the never had a losing record stat from him over anything else.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-01-2011, 07:14 PM
The bolded part has been the biggest issue in regards to the Eli bashers. They just look at the final numbers and assume he played terribly. Even the biggest NFL fans don't watch every game every week so they just glance at the stats. I'm a huge baseball fan where stats 95% tell the story there but in football it's more like 20% and that might be a high number. We know what Eli is and I'm happy he's our QB. Screw the haters at this point.

Its true, like it or not. Just look at the stuff available, from stupid FF league stats to that damn Football insiders stats where they break down everything. People who don't know football rely on them. It's like I said, it's the currency of NFL fans. It's how those type of fans relate.

Giantsfan1080
11-01-2011, 07:18 PM
I wish we had our old thread back. I'd like to see what we were saying about Eli in that tough stretch in 2007 especially after that Minny game. Oh well.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-01-2011, 07:30 PM
I wish we had our old thread back. I'd like to see what we were saying about Eli in that tough stretch in 2007 especially after that Minny game. Oh well.

Cursing Gilbride probably! LOL.

Rosebud
11-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Its true, like it or not. Just look at the stuff available, from stupid FF league stats to that damn Football insiders stats where they break down everything. People who don't know football rely on them. It's like I said, it's the currency of NFL fans. It's how those type of fans relate.

I think Eli's a good barometer for whether people have any clue about the giants or are just talking out of their ass. Knowledgeable fans that watch the giants play eventually realize just how special Eli is, and really, those are the fans who's opinion on the giants I am actually interested in hearing. Plus it's fun letting people pretend like they know what they're talking when they start to rail on Eli. Makes me giggle like a little kid sometimes.

OSUGiants17
11-01-2011, 08:45 PM
EDIT: Nevermind figered out all of them except for the white guy next to JJ, Prince and Austin, I think it's DePalma

Malaka
11-01-2011, 08:50 PM

Probably his lackadaisical body language, and the way he dealt with the Chargers. I really don't get the second one seeing as almost no one gives Elway flack for doing that to the Colts.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Probably his lackadaisical body language, and the way he dealt with the Chargers. I really don't get the second one seeing as almost no one gives Elway flack for doing that to the Colts.

Actually he shows more emotion then previously in his career from TD celebrations to messed up routes and blitz pickups. Just ask Bradshaw during the Saints blowout couple seasons back, when eli ripped him during the game.

Elway did that and Jim Kelly went to the UFL to avoid the Bills. People just don't like Eli. Flat out..

bigbluedefense
11-02-2011, 07:36 AM
Big market players generally receive more haters than small market players. That's just how it is. Eli, Sanchez, Romo, Cutler, etc.

Small market fans typically have a chip on their shoulder with big market teams and combine the extra media coverage and criticism and it just adds up to more hate than small market guys.

Like if Phillip Rivers was the qb of the Jets, he'd be getting KILLED. Hell, a lot of people compare Phillip Rivers to a west coast version of Tony Romo, all stats, no substance, yet Romo gets killed and Rivers is hailed as a top 5 qb.

It's just one of the perks of playing in a small market team. *shrug* Seriously, who cares. I could give 2 shits about perception. I just want rings. Get championships. That's all I care about. Stats don't mean ****.

Giantsfan1080
11-02-2011, 01:07 PM
Brandon Bing to the Practice Squad!!!!

scottyboy
11-02-2011, 01:11 PM
I was just gonna post that! Hooray Brandon bing

Giantsfan1080
11-02-2011, 01:19 PM
I was just gonna post that! Hooray Brandon bing

We're still patiently waiting for a Schiano Scarlet Knight to finally make the team.

DI
11-02-2011, 08:33 PM
Don't know about you guys but I'd like to see Da'rel Scott active on gamedays and maybe play a role similar to what Bradshaw did for us his rookie season in '07. Ease him in to the offense late in the year and give us that 3rd head in the backfield that is a home run threat. I've had enough of Ware and I think Scott has the potential to add another dimension to this offense.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-02-2011, 08:43 PM
Who is Jim Trotter?
Midseason quarterback rankings
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/jim_trotter/11/01/qb.rankings/index.html?eref=sihp&%20%20sct=hp_t11_a2

1. Rodgers
2. Roethlisberger
3. Brady
4. Fitzpatrick
5. Newton
6. A. Smith
7. Brees

Quote:
8. Eli Manning, Giants: He threw a career-high 25 interceptions last season and the Giants missed the playoffs. This year they're 5-2 and leading the NFC East largely because he has thrown only five picks, three of which came in a loss to the Seahawks. Manning is quietly on pace for one of his best seasons, with 13 TDs and a league-leading 119.3 fourth-quarter passing rating.

Giantsfan1080
11-02-2011, 08:50 PM
Someone bad at his job? Those rankings aren't even worth talking about never mind the fake internet ink he used to write them.

BigBlueNorwegian
11-02-2011, 08:57 PM
Who is Jim Trotter?

Obviously an idiot. 8th place? and he states that the rankings are for this season only? Eli needs to be third or fourth at the very least on this list. The only guys playing better football this season at QB is Rodgers and Brady IMO. You could make a case for Roethlisberger as well.

I honestly can't wait to see Eli go up against this rough part of our schedule. He just seems so much better this year. And that's not to say he wasn't very good the last couple of seasons, but he seems to have taken another step up this year.

bigbluedefense
11-03-2011, 08:04 AM
That's the worst top 10 qb list I've ever seen. That's the problem with the blogging world of the internet, everybody has a voice, no matter how stupid it is.

Jughead10
11-03-2011, 11:25 AM
Bradshaw out indefinitely! This one could be a back breaker. All those injuries before were kind of overblown and recoverable from. I don't know about this one.

Rosebud
11-03-2011, 11:30 AM
At least we'll get to see what Scott can do this year rather than having to wait until the preseason next year and Eli will get to keep throwing the ball this winter...

Giantsfan1080
11-03-2011, 11:32 AM
I'm so sick of this ****. WTF!!!! A cracked bone in the foot really?

Jughead10
11-03-2011, 11:33 AM
Well I think he's always had one. It's just gotten a lot worse.

Giantsfan1080
11-03-2011, 11:37 AM
Well I think he's always had one. It's just gotten a lot worse.

From what I read it happened in the Dolphins game. Well Jacobs wanted the ball so now is his time to prove he can still run it.

bigbluedefense
11-03-2011, 12:31 PM
Well....time for Brandon to put up or shut up. I know NYG is gonna come in here and rip him apart haha.

Giantsfan1080
11-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Well....time for Brandon to put up or shut up. I know NYG is gonna come in here and rip him apart haha.

I still have faith in Jacobs. He looked very good in preseason and the first few games. I also think Ware and Scott are solid replacements. As long as Bradshaw will be back this year I think we can weather this storm.

Giantsfan1080
11-03-2011, 12:39 PM
The thing that might hurt us the most with Bradshaw is his blitz pick up. It's a very underrated part of his game and he's the best RB we have for it.

Giantsfan1080
11-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Schefter tweet:

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Person familar with Giants RB Ahmad Bradshaw's injury texted this: "Not serious injury - should play Sunday. No surgery (needed)."

So now we wait.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-03-2011, 03:03 PM

NYG? That's me! I had 2 prior user names I forgot now. I liked the good ole SMS. Damn Shockey for leaving!

But now, this is jacobs chance to be productive now. Let's see how he does game in and game out. If he fails, I want him gone. I hate him to begin with, if he can't be productive, I don't want an over rated back with a bad attitude on this team next year.

Giantsfan1080
11-03-2011, 03:04 PM
I should finally get rid of the 80 in my username.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-03-2011, 03:18 PM
Ask MOTH or D Unit!

D-Unit
11-03-2011, 03:41 PM
I should finally get rid of the 80 in my username.
NEVER!!! Too classic!

scottyboy
11-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Am I gonna be scottyman when I turn 21?

Giantsfan1080
11-03-2011, 05:53 PM
Am I gonna be scottyman when I turn 21?

Had to happen at 18.

scottyboy
11-03-2011, 06:08 PM
Had to happen at 18.

Forever a boy. And I think I'm ok with that...and it's more appropriate. Also, think we'll see our first prince action this week?

Giantsfan1080
11-03-2011, 06:30 PM
Forever a boy. And I think I'm ok with that...and it's more appropriate. Also, think we'll see our first prince action this week?

Yeah I think Fewell said today he's going to be in there. The Pats are probably going to try and spread the defense out so he might play a larger role than we think.

bigbluedefense
11-03-2011, 06:56 PM
The thing that might hurt us the most with Bradshaw is his blitz pick up. It's a very underrated part of his game and he's the best RB we have for it.

I think Jacobs is our best blitz rb. Bradshaw just tries to chop block you, Jacobs is so big, hes like a mini linemen out there. I've seen Jacobs demolish guys on blitz pick up. Bradshaw is too small to block an unblocked de. Jacobs can pick him up. Bradshaw is obviously better at catching out of the backfield but hes not exactly McCoy in that regard either.

Giantsfan1080
11-03-2011, 06:59 PM
I think Jacobs is our best blitz rb. Bradshaw just tries to chop block you, Jacobs is so big, hes like a mini linemen out there. I've seen Jacobs demolish guys on blitz pick up. Bradshaw is too small to block an unblocked de. Jacobs can pick him up. Bradshaw is obviously better at catching out of the backfield but hes not exactly McCoy in that regard either.

I disagree. Bradshaw this year has picked up some major blocks. Jacobs is good at it also because he's a LB but Bradshaw has impressed me a lot with it over the last few years.

Giantsfan1080
11-04-2011, 11:16 AM
No JPP, Nicks, Baas, or Bradshaw at practice today.

Jughead10
11-04-2011, 11:23 AM
No JPP, Nicks, Baas, or Bradshaw at practice today.

Isn't Friday a glorified walk through?

Giantsfan1080
11-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Isn't Friday a glorified walk through?

I believe so which to me makes it more concerning. I can't believe Tuck's neck "heals" and then JPP picks up an injury there.

Giantsfan1080
11-04-2011, 12:58 PM
To further update:

Nicks, Bradshaw, and Baas are all doubtful. JPP and Prince are questionable. JPP has a possible concussion.

Damix
11-04-2011, 01:24 PM
Jesus, Boothe lining up against Wilfork and Haynesworth is not going to be fun.

Giantsfan1080
11-04-2011, 01:51 PM
We don't need any of those guys because Ramses is playing!!!!

Being asked about WR Ramses Barden. He's not on injury report because he's still on PUP. Expect him activated tomorrow + playing Sun. #nyg

bigbluedefense
11-04-2011, 02:02 PM
JPP doesn't need to worry about a concussion. He's a moron anyway. Go get em JPP!

Jughead10
11-04-2011, 02:06 PM
JPP doesn't need to worry about a concussion. He's a moron anyway. Go get em JPP!

We said the same about Mario and he sat.

bigbluedefense
11-04-2011, 04:55 PM
We said the same about Mario and he sat.

I thought it was hilarious how Mario was claiming he didn't fail the test, he just didn't know the answers to it.

Classic Mario.

bigbluedefense
11-04-2011, 07:00 PM
In an odd way, as much as I hate that Nicks isn't playing, having Ramses out there will finally answer some of my questions about the guy.

He finally will probably see some quality snaps. We finally get to see what he's all about. I'm curious to see how it goes.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-04-2011, 07:35 PM
Aw, shucks — Eli is getting better
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Eli-Manning-suddenly-becoming-one-of-NFLs-elite-QBs-110411

Interesting article. Seems like a backhanded compliment piece. I never really seen a backhanded compliment type article.

Giantsfan1080
11-04-2011, 07:54 PM
In an odd way, as much as I hate that Nicks isn't playing, having Ramses out there will finally answer some of my questions about the guy.

He finally will probably see some quality snaps. We finally get to see what he's all about. I'm curious to see how it goes.

Let's not hype it up to much though. It's his first game action in over a year and it's not like we have all that much to go on before the Cowboys game. He might suck all year until the last game or 2.

bigbluedefense
11-04-2011, 07:59 PM
Let's not hype it up to much though. It's his first game action in over a year and it's not like we have all that much to go on before the Cowboys game. He might suck all year until the last game or 2.

I just want to see him flash.

Giantsfan1080
11-04-2011, 08:03 PM
I just want to see him flash.

I think we'll see something over the next few weeks. I am super excited he's back but realistically we'll be lucky if we see something from him within the next month. If he flashes before then all the better for us.

bigbluedefense
11-04-2011, 08:05 PM
I think we'll see something over the next few weeks. I am super excited he's back but realistically we'll be lucky if we see something from him within the next month. If he flashes before then all the better for us.

If he's gonna flash, it has to be this week. Bc when Nicks comes back, he won't see the field much as the 4th WR. And he won't supplant Mario or Cruz unless one of them gets hurt.

So now is the time for him. It's probably too soon, but he has to take advantage of it. Don't pull a Travis Beckum basically.

Giantsfan1080
11-04-2011, 08:07 PM
If he's gonna flash, it has to be this week. Bc when Nicks comes back, he won't see the field much as the 4th WR. And he won't supplant Mario or Cruz unless one of them gets hurt.

So now is the time for him. It's probably too soon, but he has to take advantage of it. Don't pull a Travis Beckum basically.

It's to much to ask for a guy to step up and do something well in his first game back in a year. We'll have enough 4 WR sets when Nicks gets back that we'll see Barden. If he's showing some good skills in practice the coaches will make sure he gets on the field sometimes.

Beckum is worthless and never does anything well anywhere so we don't see him thankfully. He probably drops the paper wiping his ass.

bigbluedefense
11-04-2011, 08:10 PM
Every time I see the replay of Beckum catching that 2 yard pass from Eli and rolling all over the floor, I get so mad.

God I hate Travis Beckum.

Giantsfan1080
11-04-2011, 08:13 PM
Every time I see the replay of Beckum catching that 2 yard pass from Eli and rolling all over the floor, I get so mad.

God I hate Travis Beckum.

I just laugh now. I'm hoping that when we activate Barden tomorrow we cut Beckum. It would be a great moment.

bigbluedefense
11-05-2011, 12:00 PM
Wth happened to Koets? We need him to come back desperately. Any word on his progress?

Giantsfan1080
11-05-2011, 06:33 PM
Wth happened to Koets? We need him to come back desperately. Any word on his progress?

I haven't heard a thing. He might be done for the year I suppose.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-05-2011, 06:51 PM
It seems like Baas is hurt again, along with the Justin Tuck of offense ( Nicks ), and Bradshaw. I swear we have the most injury prone guys ever!

I hope we draft a new stud center if the talent is there. It's frustrating watching these fools get hurt game after game. Is it possible for them to stay healthy?

Jacobs better produce tomorrow!!!!!

Giantsfan1080
11-05-2011, 06:59 PM
Baas has been healthy his whole career. Of course as soon as he gets a Giants uni he gets banged up. It sounds like JPP made the trip also so I guess he'll be in.

Damix
11-06-2011, 08:15 AM
No JPP or Prince

scottyboy
11-06-2011, 08:22 AM
No JPP or Prince

So no jpp, nicks, bradshaw, prince and baas? Holy balls. Its not even like we have role players down, these are some of our best and most talented players

Damix
11-06-2011, 09:11 AM
Ok now JPP will play ha

Giantsfan1080
11-06-2011, 10:07 AM
Yeah JPP is playing. If there's a game we can lose over the next 4 weeks this is the one. I'd rather lose to an AFC team with all the NFC opponents coming up.

Malaka
11-06-2011, 10:33 AM
So no jpp, nicks, bradshaw, prince and baas? Holy balls. Its not even like we have role players down, these are some of our best and most talented players

Isn't Bradshaw playing though? I read somewhere it was minor and he should be able to play through it.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-06-2011, 10:45 AM
Prince made the trip. Prince is not playing, JPP is playing, only NIcks, bradshaw and Baas aren't I believe on offense. Barden is also playing.

Malaka
11-06-2011, 02:16 PM
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/312552_10150449531203455_286845273454_10768430_171 0721761_n.jpg

Yeah, just saw this. We're definitely going into Foxboro limping.

BaLLiN
11-06-2011, 05:13 PM
Pascoe and Ballard are really stepping up thus far, Fewell is very smart with his blitzes, and Eli is taking what he sees and not trying to force things. We're rolling.

BaLLiN
11-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Oh yeah, and Michael Boley is playing like an all pro

BigBlueNorwegian
11-06-2011, 06:37 PM
Yeeeeeeeesss!!!!!

LTgiants
11-06-2011, 06:55 PM
NE just cant handle #85 in crunch time. First in the SB and now again today.

Giantsfan1080
11-06-2011, 07:07 PM
ELI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NY+Giants=NYG
11-06-2011, 07:19 PM
Eli is amazing in the 4th quarter!

OSUGiants17
11-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Can't spell elite without ELI. Way to be, most clutch QB in the game and Ballard....I just wanna have this guys babies. Loved him at OSU and love him now. It's official Im getting a Ballard jersey

Jughead10
11-06-2011, 07:29 PM
G-MMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEENNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm wasted. Love all of you.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-06-2011, 07:32 PM
I love you too! And Eli! And Ballard! And Cruz! Merry Christmas to everyone!

Damix
11-06-2011, 07:36 PM
What a game. Still at the bar, hugging everyone!

Giantsfan1080
11-06-2011, 07:38 PM
******* Giants!!!!!!!!This is why I love this team. What a defensive effort not to mention Eli's amazingness as always. Love it.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-06-2011, 08:04 PM
Good post on BBI! This is what makes clutch elite QBs!

122.76QBR 8/13 93 yards 2TD
1 rush 12yds

Look's like his league leading 4th quarter stats are going up!

Oh, and ya know...a game winning 80 yard drive in ~1:30 :)

Giantsfan1080
11-06-2011, 08:07 PM
Good post on BBI! This is what makes clutch elite QBs!

Giants!!! I honestly love every Giants fan that posts here. You guys are the best!!!!!!!!

BigBlueNorwegian
11-06-2011, 08:12 PM
I haven't been posting here for long, but I love everyone in here as well! It truly makes me happy to celebrate this victory with you guys in here! Love the Giants and of course ELIte!!

Hurricanes25
11-06-2011, 08:14 PM
From Jets fans to Giants fans, thank you!

Jughead10
11-06-2011, 08:20 PM
From Jets fans to Giants fans, thank you!

Your welcome. your QB is awful. Like real bad. So terrible. suck it.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-06-2011, 08:26 PM

I wouldn't mind Keller! He and the Diary of Jake Ballard would be a good pair, since, well Beckum is invisible!

tuan33
11-06-2011, 08:27 PM

I would say that's a dickish thing to say but it's so ******* funny

Jughead10
11-06-2011, 08:29 PM
I would say that's a dickish thing to say but it's so ******* funny

It so true thought. I'd hate to turn this into Jets bashing but I guess i did. It's hard to think of 5-7 worse Qbs than him.

Giantsfan1080
11-06-2011, 08:29 PM

If it were any other Jets fan but Hurricanes I'd agree. He's the best though so don't be a douche like Ryan.

Jughead10
11-06-2011, 08:33 PM
If it were any other Jets fan but Hurricanes I'd agree. He's the best though so don't be a douche like Ryan.

I'm not a coach I can say what I want. Most coaches probably think the same thing but can't say such things.

Giantsfan1080
11-06-2011, 08:33 PM
I love Strahan:

eaXrXUj6vYg

Giantsfan1080
11-06-2011, 08:34 PM
I'm not a coach I can say what I want. Most coaches probably think the same thing but can't say such things.

Rex is going to be a huge dick this week.

scottyboy
11-06-2011, 10:00 PM
I love all of you

Forenci
11-06-2011, 10:09 PM
The level of drunkness in this thread is excellent!

Great win though! so happy I got to see it down here!

NY+Giants=NYG
11-06-2011, 10:52 PM
http://cache.sharenxs.com/images/wz/cabb/ee/bb/ag/cb/MS._m5kqi27.gif

NY+Giants=NYG
11-06-2011, 11:14 PM
National media seems to be joining the wagon here. Interesting to see all the articles now this week.

Eli proves he belongs in 'elite' class

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Eli-Manning-New-York-Giants-New-England-Patriots-proves-himself-110711

BaLLiN
11-07-2011, 06:51 AM
I can't stop watching replays, lovin' everything giants and all you guys

Damix
11-07-2011, 07:11 AM
Horrible hangover, late to work, but what an awesome Monday!

bigbluedefense
11-07-2011, 07:41 AM
I ******* LOVE Eli Manning.

What a game.

Jughead10
11-07-2011, 07:45 AM
Horrible hangover, late to work, but what an awesome Monday!

My stomach is in horrible shape right now, and I'm not really sure what I ate during the Sunday night game that is causing this.

Damix
11-07-2011, 08:35 AM
My stomach is in horrible shape right now, and I'm not really sure what I ate during the Sunday night game that is causing this.

I ate nothing but wings, guac and jager. My roommate is also a huge Ravens fan, talk about to amazing finishes.

Damix
11-07-2011, 08:39 AM
We officially need a giants team forum get together to watch a game.

Jughead10
11-07-2011, 08:43 AM
I ate nothing but wings, guac and jager. My roommate is also a huge Ravens fan, talk about to amazing finishes.

My girlfriend is a big Ravens fan as well. I didn't make it until the end of the game. I think I passed out when they went to commercial after they challenged if Ben ran that one TD in or not. Yeah I basically ate Eggs and then wings all day. I'm going to do some damage to the public restroom here at work in about 20 minutes.

scottyboy
11-07-2011, 08:52 AM
We officially need a giants team forum get together to watch a game.

This, this and more this. That would be crazy. But we'd need a defibulator on hand for these heart attack games we always have

Giantsfan1080
11-07-2011, 09:44 AM
I made it through half of the Ravens game I think. I'm still super pumped about the Giants. Great day to go to work hungover.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Great win! I barely could sleep! Such a comeback! We truly have a sick QB. When the game is on the line, give it to Eli!

NY+Giants=NYG
11-07-2011, 10:44 AM
A lot of good articles now...

Boston herald

Eli Manning comes through again
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view/2011_1107manning_comes_through_again/

Eli makes his case to sit at the NFL QBs' big-boy table
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d823dd298/article/eli-makes-his-case-to-sit-at-the-nfl-qbs-bigboy-table?module=HP11_content_stream

Eli proves he belongs in 'elite' class
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Eli-Manning-New-York-Giants-New-England-Patriots-proves-himself-110711

Time to face facts: Eli among elite quarterbacks
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/16016548/time-to-face-facts-eli-among-elite-quarterbacks

Jughead10
11-07-2011, 10:51 AM
The writers are idiots. They'll write negative articles and all will be forgotten if he throws 2 picks next week and we lose.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-07-2011, 11:07 AM
The writers are idiots. They'll write negative articles and all will be forgotten if he throws 2 picks next week and we lose.

That could be. I think this was a huge first step though. I think now he is on their radar in their heads. It might not be all writers and media guys, but I think this was a good 1st step!

Giantsfan1080
11-07-2011, 11:50 AM
I'd rather the media stay off Eli's nuts. I sort of like it when we are the only one's who know that Eli is that good.

Ohh by the way, RAMSES!!!!!! What a sick catch to save an INT. Eli targeted him a lot yesterday which makes me believe he knows the player he can be.

BigBlueNorwegian
11-07-2011, 12:36 PM
When I look back at it, I really think this offseason has been a perfect storm of motivational factors for Eli to really take that final small step up and establish himself in the ranks of the Elite QBs.

1. He was snubbed and doubted multiple times this offseason. First, people woudn't let the 25 interceptions go away. Yeah, it was a worse than normal year in that regard, but let's face it. He did not get enough credit from the outside world, most reporters and even most giants fans about last years play. We were decimated by injuries at WR, and also at the offensive line. Multiple passes were tipped, and despite the low sack numbers, he was pressured a lot. But he had great stats in every other category than INTs. We won 10 freaking games, enough for a playoff berth most years. And yet, the main focus remained on the one negative. He can say he doesn't read the newspapers or watch the tv-shows all he wants. But I think it's almost impossible to not notice these things, especially in the New York market. This had to motivate him.

2.Continuing on the first point, there was the NFL top 100 players in 2011. How on earth did Eli not get on there? Donovan Mc*******Nabb was on it, and he played what, 6 games for the Redskins with horrible results last year. Being disrespected by the outside world, like reporters and casual fans is one thing. But this list was compiled by letting NFL players vote. To be disrespected by your colleagues when you actually are one of the better guys in your profession, I really can't imagine a better source of motivation.

3.When the offseason started after the lockout, he lost two important pieces to our passing game. Most guys would have hated this, and it would have made them worse. I can't speak for you guys obviously, but I was very concerned about Eli's season and our offense in general. He threw 25 INTs last year, and now you take away the two most reliable checkdown/intermediate options in our passing offense. Everything just screamed trouble about those moves. But Eli probably took this as even more of a motivational push. " So everyone is expecting me to throw even more INTs now that i don't have Boss and Smith to bail me out? I'll show them it's not about the recievers, it's about me!"

4.He had his first child. This may sound stupid to many, and I cannot fully comprehend the importance of this since i'm (luckily) not a father yet, but I've heard this time and again from athletes and people in general really. You get a change in your priorities when you become a parent. Your profession is no longer the be all,end all thing in your life. You become less egotistical. But at the same time you get a newfound passion for what you do, and you get a great inspiration. This point is pure speculation on my part of course, but I think it made an impact on Eli. He seems even calmer under pressure than before. He seems like he knows that no matter what happens, it will not be the end of the world if he doesn't win the game in the final minute, force that pass because we're down two scores, and so on. And when you have that mindset, the positive things happen naturally.

It's impossible for us to fully understand and comprehend the mindset of Eli Manning, or the underlying motivational factors that triggers him. But I've tried here with this post. One thing is for certain though. Something seems different with him this year, in an undoubtedly 100% positive way. Let's enjoy the ride for the last eight weeks and hopefully into January and February. I'm starting to get the feeling that it just might be a special one.

Jughead10
11-07-2011, 12:53 PM
2.Continuing on the first point, there was the NFL top 100 players in 2011. How on earth did Eli not get on there? Donovan Mc*******Nabb was on it, and he played what, 6 games for the Redskins with horrible results last year. Being disrespected by the outside world, like reporters and casual fans is one thing. But this list was compiled by letting NFL players vote. To be disrespected by your colleagues when you actually are one of the better guys in your profession, I really can't imagine a better source of motivation.

Haha that list is garbage. I was talking about that with some friends yesterday. They are all Ravens fans and were bitching how everyone was all over Josh Freeman for some reason and they were pissed how he was higher than Flacco on that list. I told them Eli didn't even make the list and they were shocked. The whole thing was garbage.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-07-2011, 01:14 PM
Manning better than Brady in epic Giants' win; more Week 9

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d823dfb08/article/manning-better-than-brady-in-epic-giants-win-more-week-9?module=HP11_cp

A lot of articles now popping up. For those that are interested!

Giantsfan1080
11-07-2011, 01:19 PM
I was more scared at losing Smith than Boss. I thought Boss was very replaceable even though I liked him. I certainly didn't foresee Cruz stepping up the way he has so that's why the Smith thing isn't killing Eli.

Forenci
11-07-2011, 01:23 PM
I think Boss was pretty replaceable as Ballard has stopped up. They're very similar players and I think Ballard is a good second tight end but I would LOVE to have a real threat at the position.

I wish we utilized the position enough to warrant drafting a first/second round TE. Maybe we can keep a look out for one of those limited football experience/freak athlete TE's that pop up in the form of Jimmy Graham and such from time to time in the later rounds.

BigBlueNorwegian
11-07-2011, 01:25 PM
I was more scared at losing Smith than Boss. I thought Boss was very replaceable even though I liked him. I certainly didn't foresee Cruz stepping up the way he has so that's why the Smith thing isn't killing Eli.

Yeah, but problem was, in our eyes at least, that they didn't even try to replace Boss with anyone. They signed that one guy, Ben Patrick or something. But then he retired after three days on the team lol. So that left us with Pascoe,Ballard and Beckum. I sure as hell didn't expect any of those guys to produce like Boss did, individually or as a group. But Ballard sure as hell proved me wrong! Love that guy, his catch last night was sick!

NY+Giants=NYG
11-07-2011, 01:27 PM
Well our intention wasn't to not re-sign Boss. He was at the airport and canceled coming and took the Raiders offer. I think Ballard was a big time surprise. Even Gilbride though so, based on his interviews on giants.com. I think he is a big time surprise.

I liked what Barden did, now I wonder about Beckum. What's his use now? Is he ever going to contribute?

Forenci
11-07-2011, 01:38 PM
Well our intention wasn't to not re-sign Boss. He was at the airport and canceled coming and took the Raiders offer. I think Ballard was a big time surprise. Even Gilbride though so, based on his interviews on giants.com. I think he is a big time surprise.

I liked what Barden did, now I wonder about Beckum. What's his use now? Is he ever going to contribute?

Simple answer? No. I think we all feel that he's useless. Maybe he just sucks, or maybe we just don't have the offensive coordinator to utilize him properly. I'm guessing it's a bit of both.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-07-2011, 01:49 PM
Is he even going out on routes? I don't remember seeing him on routes.

Giantsfan1080
11-07-2011, 01:54 PM
He's terrible. He should be cut already. He's a waste of roster space. It was a dumb pick at the time and it looks even worse now.

bigbluedefense
11-07-2011, 02:05 PM

No.....no he's not....

NY+Giants=NYG
11-07-2011, 02:37 PM
BBD! We won! You missed the moment where a lot of people were drunk! hahaha

Giantsfan1080
11-07-2011, 02:40 PM
BBD! We won! You missed the moment where a lot of people were drunk! hahaha

Haha it was an exciting time.