PDA

View Full Version : New York Giants Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66

Jughead10
11-07-2011, 02:47 PM
Haha it was an exciting time.

It was. Good thing we won. Cause I was already drunk either way and I would not have been pleasant to be around if we lost.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-07-2011, 02:57 PM
It was. Good thing we won. Cause I was already drunk either way and I would not have been pleasant to be around if we lost.

LOL. But.. we did win! And in epic fashion! I want to see more Barden now. I thought he would score that TD! Damn we can't we shake those tackles like other players on other teams do. So close!

Giantsfan1080
11-07-2011, 03:48 PM
For his first game back I was super pumped with how he looked. You might think I'm nuts but he might have the highest upside of any WR on the team sans Nicks.

BigBlueNorwegian
11-07-2011, 03:58 PM
Hey guys, check it out! Plaxico was in the Gillette stadium parking lot before last nights game!

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2011/11/before_giants_beat_patriots_ma.html

Giantsfan1080
11-07-2011, 04:30 PM
Does anyone remember a game where Eli took so many hits? Eli took a beating yesterday I feel like.

Also that dirtbag Matt Light should have been flagged. I think he was still mad at the Giants for getting abused in SB 42.

bigbluedefense
11-07-2011, 04:32 PM
I wasn't impressed with Barden. He was very slow off the line I thought. I'm glad he made some catches, but I don't see an impact player in him. Not yet at least. Perhaps its too early bc he's not 100% yet, but I didn't see an impact player yesterday when I saw him.

Way too slow off the line.

Giantsfan1080
11-07-2011, 04:38 PM
He's a big guy so I'm not worried about that. He'll be able to bully most of the CB's. I hope we see an expanded Barden package.

Rosebud
11-07-2011, 04:59 PM
For his first game back I was super pumped with how he looked. You might think I'm nuts but he might have the highest upside of any WR on the team sans Nicks.

I missed the game but I'm glad to read he was able to contribute in his first game back, I was braced for the worst with him in this game even though I'd agree that the kid has as much potential as any receiver on the team, Nicks included. If it all comes together he'll be a monster deep, a redzone beast and basically another TE as a blocker, Nicks will be better with the ball in his hands and creating seperation, but Barden's size should level that out. I'm also excited to see what happens as Ramses' package grows.

EDIT: before BBD gets on me for overhyping the kid I was just saying that's he has the potential to break into that Plax/V-Jax category of giant deep threats some day.

Giantsfan1080
11-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Koets is expected to be released.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-08-2011, 02:39 PM
EAGLES NOTES: Smith itches to get back on field

http://timesherald.com/article/20111106/SPORTS03/111109778

The 107-catch receiver was on the sideline last week for the team’s most dominant performance of the season. This week he worked on the scout team getting the starters prepared for their Monday night game here against the Chicago Bears.

Scout team it up SS. Give the first team a good look buddy!

Forenci
11-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Makes me think our doctors really were right about him not being ready for a while. His speed was never really a huge factor in his game but if his knee isn't ready maybe it's causing him to struggle.

Hopefully he gets tired of Philly and come joins the Giants again. He's still a perfect slot receiver for us, assuming he is healthy.

bigbluedefense
11-08-2011, 08:16 PM
Losing Koets hurts. I was hard on him, but he really developed into a reliable C last year before hurting his knee. Hell, he looked better last year than Baas has looked this year.

I guess he never recovered from that injury. Shame. He would have been a great backup C for us. Now we need to look for one in the draft in the middle rounds.

Giantsfan1080
11-08-2011, 08:17 PM
Losing Koets hurts. I was hard on him, but he really developed into a reliable C last year before hurting his knee. Hell, he looked better last year than Baas has looked this year.

I guess he never recovered from that injury. Shame. He would have been a great backup C for us. Now we need to look for one in the draft in the middle rounds.

They probably view Boothe as the backup C for the next few years.

Giantsfan1080
11-08-2011, 08:59 PM
Here's an article on a really interesting concept Coughlin has introduced this year. We'll see how successful it ends up being.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204190704577026582387896436.html

NY+Giants=NYG
11-08-2011, 09:44 PM

Are we going to hit on these project picks?

Whimper is gone
Koets is gone

What about this Brewer? Are we going to actually use him at some point? If not, then let's stop that drafting and go somewhere else.

Giantsfan1080
11-09-2011, 06:35 AM
Whimper and Koets were very serviceable when they were here. Also, Whimper is now doing a nice job with the Jags so he does have some talent. There's no need to overpay for these players though when their time for a new contract comes up.

bigbluedefense
11-09-2011, 07:35 AM
I actually regret letting Whimper go. I didn't agree with it at the time, and he's proving his worth with the Jags. He wouldve been a very solid backup swing OT or future RT for us.

Koets, we extended him last year the day before his injury. For dirt cheap too, it was a steal at the time. Both of those guys are unfortunate situations, both would have made our depth much stronger than it is.

Giantsfan1080
11-09-2011, 07:39 AM
I actually regret letting Whimper go. I didn't agree with it at the time, and he's proving his worth with the Jags. He wouldve been a very solid backup swing OT or future RT for us.

Koets, we extended him last year the day before his injury. For dirt cheap too, it was a steal at the time. Both of those guys are unfortunate situations, both would have made our depth much stronger than it is.

Yeah I don't see any problem with how we've treated the line. We draft the young guys and let them sit in our OL developmental program for a few years and they we get them some time on the field. I know we've taken a small hit this year but Beatty has right in and been average at worse in his first year starting. Baas has been hurt unfortunately which has cut into the line "gelling." We'll probably see a new RT next year whether we move Diehl there or sign someone. If they like what they see from Brewer they probably move Diehl there for the year and then hand the job to Brewer while Diehl becomes our new Seubert.

bigbluedefense
11-09-2011, 07:45 AM
Yeah I don't see any problem with how we've treated the line. We draft the young guys and let them sit in our OL developmental program for a few years and they we get them some time on the field. I know we've taken a small hit this year but Beatty has right in and been average at worse in his first year starting. Baas has been hurt unfortunately which has cut into the line "gelling." We'll probably see a new RT next year whether we move Diehl there or sign someone. If they like what they see from Brewer they probably move Diehl there for the year and then hand the job to Brewer while Diehl becomes our new Seubert.

Yeah I have no problem with our system. My question is...what do we make of Beatty?

He's "good enough", but is good enough good enough? He's piss poor at run blocking, and even in pass protection, he's just average.

So do we move forward with the assumption that he'll get better with more reps, or do we actively look to upgrade from him?

I don't know how I feel about that yet.

Giantsfan1080
11-09-2011, 07:52 AM
Yeah I have no problem with our system. My question is...what do we make of Beatty?

He's "good enough", but is good enough good enough? He's piss poor at run blocking, and even in pass protection, he's just average.

So do we move forward with the assumption that he'll get better with more reps, or do we actively look to upgrade from him?

I don't know how I feel about that yet.

I think we move forward thnking he will get better. Him and Diehl are working together for the first time and we know the more the line plays together the better it will get. It seems like you don't need a premier LT in the NFL anymore to be successful so as of now I'm fine with what Beatty is giving us. He absoultely needs to get better in the run game but right now the whole line does.

bigbluedefense
11-09-2011, 08:00 AM
I think we move forward thnking he will get better. Him and Diehl are working together for the first time and we know the more the line plays together the better it will get. It seems like you don't need a premier LT in the NFL anymore to be successful so as of now I'm fine with what Beatty is giving us. He absoultely needs to get better in the run game but right now the whole line does.

I agree with that completely (the LT not being as important part). I've told myself to make a point in an upcoming thread I'm gonna write up about how the LT position has become the most overrated position in football.

His run blocking bothers me though. Even with his shortcomings in pass pro, I'm fine with him, but his run blocking bothers me a lot. We simply can't run to the left at all bc of him.

Giantsfan1080
11-09-2011, 08:04 AM
He doesn't have that agressive mauling nature you like to see in your run blocking game but his technique will get better. If he becomes at best an average LT I am fine with that.

Damix
11-09-2011, 02:07 PM
PFF says we played all 78 defensive snaps with at least 5 DBs.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-09-2011, 05:17 PM
Inside the Numbers
http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Inside-the-Numbers/e74a4f87-6cef-408f-8f9c-c075dc0aed2f

Good read!

Giantsfan1080
11-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Sounds like Da'Rel Scott wil be returning kicks from now on. I'm pretty excited by that.

Rosebud
11-10-2011, 11:52 AM
Sounds like Da'Rel Scott wil be returning kicks from now on. I'm pretty excited by that.

I hope that doing well there will get him the chance to see some carries.

Jughead10
11-10-2011, 11:54 AM
I hope that doing well there will get him the chance to see some carries.

We haven't been in situations that would allow us to ease him in. A 2 TD lead in the 4th quarter for example. We haven't had one except the Rams I think. Every other game has been a nail biter.

Giantsfan1080
11-10-2011, 11:58 AM
They're bringing him along slowly similar to how we brought Bradshaw along in 2007. I haven't had a problem with Scott's usage to this point. He'll be a great weapon the second half of the year with his fresh legs.

scottyboy
11-10-2011, 03:51 PM

as long as he takes care of the ball, I'm pumped to see it

NY+Giants=NYG
11-10-2011, 06:06 PM
Which coach would you least like to play for?

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-11/players-poll/story/midseason-player-poll-coughlin-least-desired-coach#ixzz1dLnbhNE7

Giantsfan1080
11-10-2011, 06:20 PM
Which coach would you least like to play for?

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-11/players-poll/story/midseason-player-poll-coughlin-least-desired-coach#ixzz1dLnbhNE7

It's dumb. I don't care much about it. It just tells me players don't care much about winning.

BigBlueNorwegian
11-10-2011, 06:31 PM
It's dumb. I don't care much about it. It just tells me players don't care much about winning.

This. What exactly does Anthony Adams even know about Coughlin? Stupid idiot. Have fun looking back at your career when the only ring you have is the one you bought at a gum machine at the local fair in 2007. The same year Coughlin, his staff and players kicked ass and won a Superbowl ring.

Giantsfan1080
11-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Bradshaw ruled out for Sunday already. We really could have used him for Sunday. Jacobs/Ware/Scott will have to step it up once again.

bigbluedefense
11-10-2011, 08:30 PM
We really need to figure something out in the run game. Bc it's been so mediocre this year.

The left side of our oline has been a mess all season. Beatty sucks at run blocking, Diehl has regressed a ton this year, and Baas is always hurt. Not good.

Giantsfan1080
11-10-2011, 08:35 PM
We really need to figure something out in the run game. Bc it's been so mediocre this year.

The left side of our oline has been a mess all season. Beatty sucks at run blocking, Diehl has regressed a ton this year, and Baas is always hurt. Not good.

Diehl has regressed but I actually think it's because he's at a new position and he has Beatty to the left of him. He's also learning to play with a new center who only plays every other game lately. The line will solidify big time if everyone can stay healthy.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-10-2011, 08:36 PM

Time to restock offensive talent during this draft. I hope we hit up more OL men, and/or skill players.

bigbluedefense
11-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Diehl has regressed but I actually think it's because he's at a new position and he has Beatty to the left of him. He's also learning to play with a new center who only plays every other game lately. The line will solidify big time if everyone can stay healthy.

Chemistry is definitely a part of it. But I'm seeing Diehl losing his 1 on 1 battles regularly as well. He just hasn't looked very good this year.

Giantsfan1080
11-10-2011, 08:45 PM
Chemistry is definitely a part of it. But I'm seeing Diehl losing his 1 on 1 battles regularly as well. He just hasn't looked very good this year.

Like I said I agree but I think the main culprits are what I stated above. A new position plus 2 new guys to both of sides is a tough transition to make without a training camp. I think he has another 2 or 3 years left in him at a good level.

bigbluedefense
11-10-2011, 08:48 PM
Time to restock offensive talent during this draft. I hope we hit up more OL men, and/or skill players.

Quiet you. You will take your middle round developmental olinemen and be happy with it!

Giantsfan1080
11-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Quiet you. You will take your middle round developmental olinemen and be happy with it!

I go defense again in the 1st round unless a major offensive player falls into our lap. Sorry NYG.

bigbluedefense
11-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Like I said I agree but I think the main culprits are what I stated above. A new position plus 2 new guys to both of sides is a tough transition to make without a training camp. I think he has another 2 or 3 years left in him at a good level.

I was hoping he could move to RT when McKenzie retires, but I don't think thats a possibility anymore.

bigbluedefense
11-10-2011, 08:52 PM
I go defense again in the 1st round unless a major offensive player falls into our lap. Sorry NYG.

I think other than LB, we should focus on some offense this draft. OL, TE, WR, RB, I think we can use some fresh legs in all of those areas.

Giantsfan1080
11-10-2011, 09:02 PM
I think other than LB, we should focus on some offense this draft. OL, TE, WR, RB, I think we can use some fresh legs in all of those areas.

I think we're set at WR unless Sanu is there. I would go TE in the 3rd or 4th. RB I also think we're set for next year but after that it's a possibility. I wouldn't hate a OL early I suppose.

Giantsfan1080
11-10-2011, 09:03 PM
I was hoping he could move to RT when McKenzie retires, but I don't think thats a possibility anymore.

It might be possible for a year. I'd like to keep the line as is until the end of next year if at all possible though. The only change I would make is Diehl to RT and Petrus to LG.

bigbluedefense
11-10-2011, 09:11 PM
I think we're set at WR unless Sanu is there. I would go TE in the 3rd or 4th. RB I also think we're set for next year but after that it's a possibility. I wouldn't hate a OL early I suppose.

We have options for sure. I think MIKE is an absolute need. Other than that, let's see how the board shapes up and take it from there. That's the great thing about our roster right now, it's so complete that we can really just go BPA and stock up on talent.

Giantsfan1080
11-10-2011, 09:15 PM
We have options for sure. I think MIKE is an absolute need. Other than that, let's see how the board shapes up and take it from there. That's the great thing about our roster right now, it's so complete that we can really just go BPA and stock up on talent.

Absolutely! Would Kuechly play Mike for us or would we play him on the outside you think? Boley will still be here and Williams looks like a keeper. I guess he'd be a Mike but if Fewell is still here also these guys wouldn't be on the field as much making the pick sort of a waste. Like you said just take talent and then figure out where it fits.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-10-2011, 09:24 PM

Boooooooooooo! Boooooooooooooo! And then they leave the team after sitting on inactive! Yippeeee!

bigbluedefense
11-10-2011, 09:25 PM
Absolutely! Would Kuechly play Mike for us or would we play him on the outside you think? Boley will still be here and Williams looks like a keeper. I guess he'd be a Mike but if Fewell is still here also these guys wouldn't be on the field as much making the pick sort of a waste. Like you said just take talent and then figure out where it fits.

I think Fewell is playing this big nickel base defense out of necessity bc he doesn't have that MIKE he wants.

If Luke is on the board, we have to take him. Then we can finally play more base D.

Giantsfan1080
11-10-2011, 09:29 PM
I think Fewell is playing this big nickel base defense out of necessity bc he doesn't have that MIKE he wants.

If Luke is on the board, we have to take him. Then we can finally play more base D.

Fewell also might be gone in a year or two so that's also why you just take the best player.

scottyboy
11-10-2011, 09:31 PM
Boooooooooooo! Boooooooooooooo! And then they leave the team after sitting on inactive! Yippeeee!

I see you're finally catching on and accepting it

NY+Giants=NYG
11-10-2011, 09:32 PM
I see you're finally catching on and accepting it

Booooooooooooooooo!!!! I say Booooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! We will draft a DE, then fewell leaves and then we get another DC! Hahaha

scottyboy
11-10-2011, 09:33 PM
Booooooooooooooooo!!!! I say Booooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! We will draft a DE, then fewell leaves and then we get another DC! Hahaha

it's a cycle! the sooner you just give in, the better. I'm just getting used to it, and am researching the best pass rusher and next cover 2 DC guy that's gonna be on the market and preparing

NY+Giants=NYG
11-10-2011, 09:35 PM
it's a cycle! the sooner you just give in, the better. I'm just getting used to it, and am researching the best pass rusher and next cover 2 DC guy that's gonna be on the market and preparing

God I'd rather stick pins in my nuts then give in! I shall fight like Eli does engineering a 4th quarter comeback!

bigbluedefense
11-10-2011, 09:38 PM
Chill guys. Spagnolo is gonna get fired, come back as our DC/HC in waiting and all in the world will be ok.

Right? .....right?

Giantsfan1080
11-10-2011, 09:39 PM
Eli is showing it's better we don't have elite offensive weapons!! Anyway a DE might actually be for real if we deal Osi. Quinton Coples here we come.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Chill guys. Spagnolo is gonna get fired, come back as our DC/HC in waiting and all in the world will be ok.

Right? .....right?

Hehe if that happened I'd be so happy for 2 seasons until he got another Hcing job, and we have to search for a new DC! HAHA!

bigbluedefense
11-11-2011, 11:00 AM
I forgot to mention this earlier, but 2 players that are playing very well and not really getting enough credit from us are Aaron Ross and Mathias Kiwanuka.

Kiwi is really starting to turn it on, he looks comfortable out there as a Joker, and Ross has been very steady as our #2. He looks a lot more comfortable on the outside. He can't play slot, he's too stiff. We're doing what we asked him to do his rookie season, play outside on the opponent's #2, and he's doing a great job of it.

His play (Ross) has been a very underrated storyline of our season thus far.

Giantsfan1080
11-11-2011, 11:24 AM
I forgot to mention this earlier, but 2 players that are playing very well and not really getting enough credit from us are Aaron Ross and Mathias Kiwanuka.

Kiwi is really starting to turn it on, he looks comfortable out there as a Joker, and Ross has been very steady as our #2. He looks a lot more comfortable on the outside. He can't play slot, he's too stiff. We're doing what we asked him to do his rookie season, play outside on the opponent's #2, and he's doing a great job of it.

His play (Ross) has been a very underrated storyline of our season thus far.

I'm with you on this. Kiwi has really stepped it up over the last month lining up all over the place. He's been asked to put his hand down a lot more recently and I think his confidence level has risen because of it.

Ross has been very solid all year as the #2. I would have loved to see the secondary with Thomas out there also but oh well. I'm glad Ross is doing well in what is probably his last year as a Giant.

bigbluedefense
11-11-2011, 12:22 PM
I'm with you on this. Kiwi has really stepped it up over the last month lining up all over the place. He's been asked to put his hand down a lot more recently and I think his confidence level has risen because of it.

Ross has been very solid all year as the #2. I would have loved to see the secondary with Thomas out there also but oh well. I'm glad Ross is doing well in what is probably his last year as a Giant.

Do you think we have any chance of re-signing Kiwi?

Losing Ross will hurt a little, but as long as Thomas can bounce back and Prince develops, we can manage. But if we trade Osi, and lose Kiwi, that's a big blow to our front.

I think losing Osi to a trade this offseason is almost a foregone conclusion, which means to me, I think we should extend Kiwi before he hits FA. He's not Osi as a pass rusher, but his versatility really helps us up front.

He's a valuable piece to our team. I'd love to keep Kiwi somehow.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-11-2011, 12:43 PM
Do you think we have any chance of re-signing Kiwi?

Losing Ross will hurt a little, but as long as Thomas can bounce back and Prince develops, we can manage. But if we trade Osi, and lose Kiwi, that's a big blow to our front.

I think losing Osi to a trade this offseason is almost a foregone conclusion, which means to me, I think we should extend Kiwi before he hits FA. He's not Osi as a pass rusher, but his versatility really helps us up front.

He's a valuable piece to our team. I'd love to keep Kiwi somehow.

I would re-sign Ross, especially with injuries to the other CBs. You don't know if they can be the same players, that includes T2.

I am not sure about Osi and what will happen to him. Hopefully we can trade him for a good pick, and use that to our adv. We screwed up the Shockey pick, for Clint S. We can always trade Osi, and then use Kiwi as the Joker/DE guy, and actually extend Tolly to a deal more than 1 year. So for once in his career he isn't playing on a one year deal.

BigBlueNorwegian
11-11-2011, 12:50 PM
Didn't we sign Kiwi for two years this offseason? If so, we have another year to get him resigned, so we don't lose both Osi and Kiwi in the same year. Don't have time to find the contract info right now, but I'm pretty sure he was given a two year deal.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-11-2011, 12:52 PM
Didn't we sign Kiwi for two years this offseason? If so, we have another year to get him resigned, so we don't lose both Osi and Kiwi in the same year. Don't have time to find the contract info right now, but I'm pretty sure he was given a two year deal.

I think you maybe right. I think it may have been a 2 year deal.

Jughead10
11-11-2011, 01:09 PM
I think you maybe right. I think it may have been a 2 year deal.

Per rotoworld:

Signed a two-year, $8.6 million contract. The deal contains $4.55 million guaranteed, including a $2 million signing bonus, a first-year roster bonus of $300,000, and $500,000 of Kiwanuka's second-year base salary. 2011: $1.75 million, 2012: $4 million (+ $250,000 workout bonus + $300,000 roster bonus), 2013: Free Agent

Giantsfan1080
11-11-2011, 02:17 PM
I hope we keep Osi even though I'm probably the only one here who feels that way. I'd extend him if he didn't want an outrageous amount of money.

bigbluedefense
11-11-2011, 06:01 PM
You're not the only one who wants to keep Osi. I'd love to keep Osi. But it's just impossible. He wants a fortune and we can't give it to him.

And if we do, it will be at the expense of losing Tuck most likely when his contract comes up, and it's just not worth it when we have Kiwi who can be re-signed for cheaper and JPP who is a stud in the making.

Giantsfan1080
11-11-2011, 06:02 PM
You're not the only one who wants to keep Osi. I'd love to keep Osi. But it's just impossible. He wants a fortune and we can't give it to him.

And if we do, it will be at the expense of losing Tuck most likely when his contract comes up, and it's just not worth it when we have Kiwi who can be re-signed for cheaper and JPP who is a stud in the making.

I say we go DE then if Osi leaves. I'm being serious.

bigbluedefense
11-11-2011, 06:18 PM
I say we go DE then if Osi leaves. I'm being serious.

I wouldn't be opposed to it.

We need a 3 headed monster attack from the DE position. It's who we are.

In fact, come April, if Osi is gone, I can definitely see myself telling everyone we need a DE. I want a MIKE bad, but it can wait if we need another DE.

Giantsfan1080
11-11-2011, 06:19 PM
I wouldn't be opposed to it.

We need a 3 headed monster attack from the DE position. It's who we are.

In fact, come April, if Osi is gone, I can definitely see myself telling everyone we need a DE. I want a MIKE bad, but it can wait if we need another DE.

DE is much more important to what we do than a Mike so I'll be all over that bandwagon. The only problem is I don't see any big time 4-3 DE's in this draft and especially one that would fall into the latter half of the first round.

bigbluedefense
11-11-2011, 06:25 PM
DE is much more important to what we do than a Mike so I'll be all over that bandwagon. The only problem is I don't see any big time 4-3 DE's in this draft and especially one that would fall into the latter half of the first round.

Well I definitely don't want to reach for a DE either. I guess we just have to see how the board shapes up.

Maybe we go after a workout warrior DE in round 2 and see if we can mold him. *shrug*

What we really need is an interior pass rusher so we don't have to rely on our DEs so much, but we just haven't hit on that yet.

Geno Atkins, Drake Nevis, Lamarr Houston, guys in that mold.

Giantsfan1080
11-11-2011, 06:27 PM
Well I definitely don't want to reach for a DE either. I guess we just have to see how the board shapes up.

Maybe we go after a workout warrior DE in round 2 and see if we can mold him. *shrug*

What we really need is an interior pass rusher so we don't have to rely on our DEs so much, but we just haven't hit on that yet.

Geno Atkins, Drake Nevis, Lamarr Houston, guys in that mold.

I believe Reese felt like Austin would be that guy. He hasn't played in a game in 2 years now so I'm not sure if he's going to make it but he'll get his chance. Joseph isn't the pass rushing DT but man he really pushes back the interior OL.

Giantsfan1080
11-11-2011, 06:30 PM
Ohh yeah I haven't mentioned this but the Weatherford move was money. So happy we kept him over Dodge.

bigbluedefense
I believe Reese felt like Austin would be that guy. He hasn't played in a game in 2 years now so I'm not sure if he's going to make it but he'll get his chance. Joseph isn't the pass rushing DT but man he really pushes back the interior OL.

I love Joseph. He's the Pat Williams type, and I've wanted a DT like that on the Giants for years. So I'm very happy with that pick.

I know Austin will get the chance from us to prove he's the guy, but I was never a fan of the pick. I just didn't like it. I don't think he's going to pan out. I hope I'm wrong, but my gut tells me he'll disappoint.

bigbluedefense
Ohh yeah I haven't mentioned this but the Weatherford move was money. So happy we kept him over Dodge.

Yes it was. I can't believe the Jets let him go. That was a gift.

Giantsfan1080
11-11-2011, 06:33 PM
I love Joseph. He's the Pat Williams type, and I've wanted a DT like that on the Giants for years. So I'm very happy with that pick.

I know Austin will get the chance from us to prove he's the guy, but I was never a fan of the pick. I just didn't like it. I don't think he's going to pan out. I hope I'm wrong, but my gut tells me he'll disappoint.

Yeah I love Joseph as well. He's already in that Webster role of most underrated Giant. I think I'm going to pick up his jersey for the holidays.

I'm so glad Webster turned it around also. Jughead and some other friends of mine gave me a lot of garbage for loving that pick and defending him all the time before he broke out.

bigbluedefense
11-11-2011, 06:35 PM
Yeah I love Joseph as well. He's already in that Webster role of most underrated Giant. I think I'm going to pick up his jersey for the holidays.

I'm so glad Webster turned it around also. Jughead and some other friends of mine gave me a lot of garbage for loving that pick and defending him all the time before he broke out.

I still can't believe what happened to Webster. It's the biggest mystery to me.

He went from the worst CB I've ever seen to one of the best in the league. How does that happen?

That was insane and to this day, I still can't explain it. Tim Lewis really must have been that awful.

Giantsfan1080
11-11-2011, 06:43 PM

He went from the worst CB I've ever seen to one of the best in the league. How does that happen?

That was insane and to this day, I still can't explain it. Tim Lewis really must have been that awful.

It was funny because the night before the draft I went out and got drunk and was calling for Webster all night like crazy. When we took him I was ecstatic. Then he was just terrible as we know. Thank Spags because he took him out of the trash and realized the talent he had. When Webster had that TD against Buffalo everyone was like you better enjoy because it would be the highlight of his career. Now we have a top 10 possibly top 5 CB on our hands.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-11-2011, 07:15 PM

Yes, remember the articles?! They said he used to berate him during practice. Writers claimed that Lewis was very mad for being passed over HC jobs. Teams used the Rooney Rule to interview him, but kept passing him over. I guess he took that out on Webster.

bigbluedefense
11-11-2011, 08:19 PM
Yes, remember the articles?! They said he used to berate him during practice. Writers claimed that Lewis was very mad for being passed over HC jobs. Teams used the Rooney Rule to interview him, but kept passing him over. I guess he took that out on Webster.

I can understand being angry about that. You feel like a piece of meat that's just being taken advantage of. But still, suck it Tim Lewis.

It was funny because the night before the draft I went out and got drunk and was calling for Webster all night like crazy. When we took him I was ecstatic. Then he was just terrible as we know. Thank Spags because he took him out of the trash and realized the talent he had. When Webster had that TD against Buffalo everyone was like you better enjoy because it would be the highlight of his career. Now we have a top 10 possibly top 5 CB on our hands.

I loved the draft pick as well. But when he sucked, maaaaaaaaan he sucked! I gave up on him. I was furious Spags was rolling the dice with him in the playoffs. I couldn't believe it.

That might be the single biggest turnaround I've ever seen. It was unbelievable.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-11-2011, 08:27 PM
I can understand being angry about that. You feel like a piece of meat that's just being taken advantage of. But still, suck it Tim Lewis.

I loved the draft pick as well. But when he sucked, maaaaaaaaan he sucked! I gave up on him. I was furious Spags was rolling the dice with him in the playoffs. I couldn't believe it.

That might be the single biggest turnaround I've ever seen. It was unbelievable.

Yes, but coaching in the NFL is a tight knit fraternity. Word of mouth is huge, and it gets passed around when you do something like that. Think of it like school. You hate a professor, and you may tell another, thank god I have you instead of Professor X. That professor is terrible! So now when that Professor becomes dean, someone like lewis may not get promoted. Stuff like that gets passed around. Coaching is a tight knit circle.

Giantsfan1080
11-11-2011, 08:28 PM

It was for me as well. Spags had given him a chance earlier that year and he still failed that. I don't know what switch turned on but boy I'm glad it did.

bigbluedefense
11-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Imagine if Travis Beckum pulls a Webster?

Lulz.

BigBlueNorwegian
11-11-2011, 09:08 PM

Lulz.

Don't get your hopes up, lol. I'm following his twitter account. Doesn't seem like a bright guy to say the least. Not that it necessarily matters, but it builds my fury against him.

Rosebud
11-11-2011, 10:18 PM

Lulz.

Unpossible!

Giantsfan1080
11-11-2011, 11:51 PM

Lulz.

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

Giantsfan1080
11-12-2011, 01:07 PM
Looks like Manningham won't play tomorrow so hopefully Nicks will be back.

Giantsfan1080
11-12-2011, 01:39 PM
For some reason Prince thought Mike Tomlin was our coach. Weird.

BaLLiN
11-13-2011, 11:27 AM
I hope that OL doesn't come to play because thats the only way I foresee us doing well.

yanksknicks
11-13-2011, 04:16 PM
I just saw JPP chase down Frank Gore and hit him from the backside and I swear Lawrence Taylor flashed in my head.

The close on suddenness of the hit. Chills down my spine. Only him and Reggie White ever gave me that.

Edit: Oh well, no rabbits today.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-13-2011, 06:34 PM
Please change both coordinators! God, I can't stand our red zone play calling once we are close. STOP THE DRAW!!!!!!!!!!! It's not fooling anyone! And then it puts us in a 3rd down, obvious passing situation! Again, we insist on running it when we could have thrown it towards the end of the game! Stupid! And I hate Fewell's system! It seems like guys are consistently open!

Eli made some sick throws today. He really earned his money on the TD passes. I want to know what happened with the 2nd int. It looked like Mario was doing something else and not in the frame and the ball was near 3 9ers. Did Mario run the wrong route again?!

Jughead10
11-13-2011, 06:40 PM
I really didn't mind the draw. It was 3rd and 2 in 4 down territory. I just wanted 4 more plays to work with. Yes it didn't work but I really think it's classic second guessing. Ware was getting 3-5 yards on those the whole second half.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-13-2011, 06:44 PM
I really didn't mind the draw. It was 3rd and 2 in 4 down territory. I just wanted 4 more plays to work with. Yes it didn't work but I really think it's classic second guessing. Ware was getting 3-5 yards on those the whole second half.

Yes so throw it! Do something! Not draw! We did it last week, twice, as well!!! It didn't work then either! It's classic we play bush league in the red zone when we are that close. You can expect that non sense every game when we are that close. Why can't we throw it or if we want to run the ball, do it normally? Use play action? Fade? Anything but that stupid draw! It hasn't worked yet!

Jughead10
11-13-2011, 06:46 PM
It worked the whole second half for 3-5 yard gains. Our offense unfortunately isn't built to score from 10 yards in. We need to run the ball down there. The field is too small.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-13-2011, 06:48 PM
It worked the whole second half for 3-5 yard gains. Our offense unfortunately isn't built to score from 10 yards in. We need to run the ball down there. The field is too small.

Yes, between the 20s. It hasn't worked all year in the red zone up close! Of course we are built to score. We have Ballard who is playing very well. We have Nicks, MM, Cruz, and a 6'6 WR. And that idiotic play we come up with is a draw. It hasn't worked 2 games now! Get that out of the red zone install.

If you want to run a high percentage play, run screen, WR Hot, bubble screen, or middle screen we ran against the Bucs with Jacobs in 2007 in the playoffs. Anything but that stupid play!

Jughead10
11-13-2011, 06:52 PM
Yes, between the 20s. It hasn't worked all year in the red zone up close! Of course we are built to score. We have Ballard who is playing very well. We have Nicks, MM, Cruz, and a 6'6 WR. And that idiotic play we come up with is a draw. It hasn't worked 2 games now! Get that out of the red zone install.

If you want to run a high percentage play, run screen, WR Hot, bubble screen, or middle screen we ran against the Bucs with Jacobs in 2007 in the playoffs. Anything but that stupid play!

Ballard is slow as ****. He's made some great plays but let's not overrate him now. We could still use a serious upgrade there. Our 6'6" WR is a nobody. I don't want to hear about him. And again our team isn't built to score from that close. We need to run the ball down there. The draw was working all day. It just didn't work that time unfortunately.

I'm not the biggest Gilbride fan in the world either, but I'm tired of every ******* Giants fan using him as an excuse when we lose. If it wasn't for Gilbride I guess we would go 16-0.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-13-2011, 06:56 PM
Ballard is slow as ****. He's made some great plays but let's not overrate him now. We could still use a serious upgrade there. Our 6'6" WR is a nobody. I don't want to hear about him. And again our team isn't built to score from that close. We need to run the ball down there. The draw was working all day. It just didn't work that time unfortunately.

He is slow. But he is tall, makes plays, and has great hands. He doesn't have to burn his guy. Just get a slight separation and Eli can put it in a spot where he can make a play!

Our 6'6 player was drafted to be a red zone threat. So, why not actually use him? Let's see what he can do? We draft guys with the goal to use: Beckum in short yardage situations. This is from Reese. Then Barden because he is a great red zone threat. Beckum is useless, but at least use Barden now that he has healthy.

If we chose not to use 2 tall guys, one TE with great hands, then I don't know what to say. What about our WRs? They are not allowed to catch the ball in the red zone? They have to be farther out? I can tell you one thing, that draw is 0/3 in the red zone. So perhaps it's time to scrap it!

Jughead10
11-13-2011, 07:05 PM
We lost this game from hidden yardage on special teams and losing Boley. We still have what must be bottom 5 special teams units in the league. And Delanie Walker killed us all game. He beat us with Boley in there but I have to think Boley would have gotten that crap under control later in the game. And Greg Jones still sucks.

Giantsfan1080
11-13-2011, 07:58 PM
I'm not mad at the loss. We were right there.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-14-2011, 07:15 AM
We lost this game from hidden yardage on special teams and losing Boley. We still have what must be bottom 5 special teams units in the league. And Delanie Walker killed us all game. He beat us with Boley in there but I have to think Boley would have gotten that crap under control later in the game. And Greg Jones still sucks.

Special teams does hurt us. But that's why it's called special teams for us. Jones is a rookie with no mini camps or OTAs. I am not going to fault any rookie for that. Even with all that we were still in the game. Stupid play calling exchanging FGs with them. Then, at the end obviously is something I hated. You can't kick FGs against teams like the Saints and Packers. I highly doubt Brees will run those damn delays in the red zone. Drop back and let it rip is more his style. I want to see that in the red zone.

It's funny, because my parents went to PA to visit my cousin. He is an avg fan, so I really don't talk scheme or anything. It's pretty just regular stuff. First thing he does when he walks in the door is blast Gilbride calling them delay hand offs, lol. But I just shook my head. If someone like him can spot that, god, what pathetic play calling.

My issue is with situational play calling in the red zone. This goes back when we had Burress too. I remember in Pittsburgh, we ran a X hot to him. We tend to go left or right, or with that passive draw. Go back and throw the ball. Run a screen, if need be. But for the love of god, don't run draw!

Giantsfan1080
11-14-2011, 07:58 AM
Any news on the Boley injury?

I hated the 3rd and 4th down calls but it's not why we lost. Fewell playing that soft zone all of a sudden again didn't help.

Giantsfan1080
11-14-2011, 08:36 AM
To answer my own question looks like Boley is out for the year. Garafalo said the injury was significant.

Jughead10
11-14-2011, 08:38 AM
That sucks. When I saw him on the sideline in a t-shirt I knew it was bad. Also Prince needs to see the field. When Ross was out for a bit we literally only had 2 healthy CBs active.

Giantsfan1080
11-14-2011, 08:43 AM
Yeah that injury is huge. Football is so annoying considering the injury issue. It's always a battle of attrition.

Rosebud
11-14-2011, 10:20 AM
Please change both coordinators! God, I can't stand our red zone play calling once we are close. STOP THE DRAW!!!!!!!!!!! It's not fooling anyone! And then it puts us in a 3rd down, obvious passing situation! Again, we insist on running it when we could have thrown it towards the end of the game! Stupid! And I hate Fewell's system! It seems like guys are consistently open!

Eli made some sick throws today. He really earned his money on the TD passes. I want to know what happened with the 2nd int. It looked like Mario was doing something else and not in the frame and the ball was near 3 9ers. Did Mario run the wrong route again?!

On the replay you could see mare start running across the field just to stop and cut back to the outside as the ball was leaving Eli's hand.

So pissed Boley's hurt. He's the best linebacker the giants have had since Armstead was still a beast.

Jughead10
11-14-2011, 10:24 AM
On the replay you could see mare start running across the field just to stop and cut back to the outside as the ball was leaving Eli's hand.

So pissed Boley's hurt. He's the best linebacker the giants have had since Armstead was still a beast.

It would have been a tough throw either way and could have very well been picked regardless, but the play had zero chance when Mario stopped running the route.

Rosebud
11-14-2011, 11:29 AM
It would have been a tough throw either way and could have very well been picked regardless, but the play had zero chance when Mario stopped running the route.

Oh no doubt, it was a risky throw that Mario just ensured had no chance of paying off.

Jughead10
11-14-2011, 11:40 AM
Oh no doubt, it was a risky throw that Mario just ensured had no chance of paying off.

Eli was so money though yesterday. That 4th down play to Mario was amazing. His deeps ball were absolutely pin point accurate yesterday. The one Mario didn't get was just inches too far. But the other 2 TDs were pinpoint.

Giantsfan1080
11-14-2011, 11:43 AM
Eli was excellent yesterday early. He got a little shaky towards the end but overall we need the running game to step up eventually.

Jughead10
11-14-2011, 11:51 AM
I missed the first drive of the game where it looks like Jacobs got some good yardage but I guess after that he was terrible. Stop running for the sidelines. No surprise Ware was in there the entire 4th quarter.

Giantsfan1080
11-14-2011, 11:53 AM
I missed that drive also. I would have liked to see Scott run a few plays.

Jughead10
11-14-2011, 11:54 AM
I missed that drive also. I would have liked to see Scott run a few plays.

Why did you miss it? They can't stay with the Saints game in the NY market can they? That's why I missed it.

Giantsfan1080
11-14-2011, 12:07 PM
Why did you miss it? They can't stay with the Saints game in the NY market can they? That's why I missed it.

I was out for the 1's and got caught up watching the Saints and Eagles games. I listened to the first drive on the radio.

bigbluedefense
11-14-2011, 01:07 PM
This wasn't Gilbride's fault. He called a great game. We just lost. Sometimes you gotta tip your hat to the other team. It was a hell of a game, and we just lost it. We lost to a good football team.

Our redzone woes are bc of 2 issues:

1. Like Jug said, we don't have a redzone offense. If you can't run the ball effectively, your redzone offense suffers. Plus, we dont have those inside guys for a good redzone offense. Ballard is a nice feel good story but let's not make him out to be more than he is. And Cruz is still a young pup who makes some route mistakes inside.

2. They have incredible redzone defense. They can stop the run with 7, play 2 deep, they have ILBs who can cover TEs in man. That alone makes them a dangerous redzone defense. It really impacts what you can do as an offense.

Long story short, that was an incredible game yesterday btw 2 very good teams, and we just came up short. Tip your hat to them, they won fair and square, and maybe we can get another crack at them. But that's a good team, and there's no shame in losing to them.

Me personally, I have a lot of beef with Fewell and his soft zones. That was the real issue with the gameplan. But offensively, I have no complaints at all. That's a great defense they went up against, and we were the first team to really give them trouble in the run game.

That was a hard fought game, and we fell just short. Give them credit, they earned that win, and we didn't do enough to pull it out. I'd love to see them again in the playoffs, would make a great game.

Onto Philly. The 2 games vs Dallas will probably determine the division.

bigbluedefense
11-14-2011, 01:10 PM
Losing Boley is a huge huge blow. Now we have to hope that Williams can step up. But this is a huge blow.

And Greg Jones sucks something awful. I don't want him on the field, like ever. He sucks.

Jughead10
11-14-2011, 01:10 PM
Onto Philly. The 2 games vs Dallas will probably determine the division.

Also the Redskins is a must win. If we ever lose twice to them I don't care who else we beat, we don't deserve the division.

bigbluedefense
11-14-2011, 01:11 PM
Corey Webster is having an All Pro season too btw. Outside of Revis, I question if there's any CB in the league having a better season.

bigbluedefense
11-14-2011, 01:12 PM
Also the Redskins is a must win. If we ever lose twice to them I don't care who else we beat, we don't deserve the division.

We'll slap the Redskins around. We were due for a loss to them, but we won't lose again.

Jughead10
11-14-2011, 01:13 PM
Corey Webster is having an All Pro season too btw. Outside of Revis, I question if there's any CB in the league having a better season.

Yeah no clue why San Fran went after him 3 straight times in the red zone. We lucked out there.

Giantsfan1080
11-14-2011, 01:25 PM
I'm not blaming the game on Gilbride at all I just didn't particularly like those last 2 calls. The game is definitely on Fewell.

BaLLiN
11-14-2011, 01:37 PM

Haden is doing pretty well, did let up a TD to lloyd yesterday though.

I think the reason why the middle was soo wide open was clearly the LB's and even then you can't completely blame them because San Fran's playcall was mostly to take advantage of our LB's (i.e. playaction, crossing routes, double TE sets). We really do need a MLB, greg jones looked ok before but he isn't ready for this big of a role in the NFL atm.

Jacobs is slow, offers virtually no versatility or improvising in his runs, and I felt like most of the times he ran were just a loss of a down. With bradshaw having another fracture in his foot (this has happened at least once before, maybe twice) my confidence in our backfield is slipping. I say we give Scott and Ware a chance because both have shown flashes and their upside is considerably better than Jacobs's. Can we convert BJ to a TE?

BigBlueNorwegian
11-14-2011, 01:38 PM
Looks like we may catch a break with Philly being ravaged by injuries yesterday. Vick, King Dunlap, Maclin and DRC all have injuries that sets their status for the game against us in doubt.

This game is probably shaping up to become a must win for us, because I really can't see any way to win at the Saints og against Green Bay. And the Cowboys are highly likely to win their next three before we meet up week 14. We have to avoid going into that game down two games in the division.

Jughead10
11-14-2011, 03:33 PM
To answer my own question looks like Boley is out for the year. Garafalo said the injury was significant.

Looks like this might be wrong. Listed as day to day. Great news.

Coughlin said no significant injuries.

scottyboy
11-14-2011, 04:40 PM
if Boley is day to day that's fantastic. Without him, the D falls apart along with our season. and that's not even an exaggeration really

Giantsfan1080
11-14-2011, 05:54 PM
Excellent news!!!! My Monday is a lot better now.

bigbluedefense
11-15-2011, 08:16 AM
Congrats to GF1080 for making the swdc hall of fame! I'm glad you made it bro, well deserved.

D-Unit
11-15-2011, 10:09 AM
Congrats to GF1080 for making the swdc hall of fame! I'm glad you made it bro, well deserved.
Same. It should've been done a loooong time ago. One of my favorite posters! Congrats ma man.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-15-2011, 10:47 AM
Congrats!!!! HOF! HOF!

Giantsfan1080
11-15-2011, 10:50 AM
Thanks a lot guys!

NY+Giants=NYG
11-15-2011, 11:13 AM
Thanks a lot guys!

That's good stuff! I didn't realize you were famous on here! But now that I think of it, it's a well deserved accolade!

Giantsfan1080
11-15-2011, 11:16 AM
That's good stuff! I didn't realize you were famous on here! But now that I think of it, it's a well deserved accolade!

Haha I don't think famous would be the word. I've just been here forever and spend way to much time on the boards but I still can't get enough. I love talking sports and anything in general on NFLDC.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-15-2011, 11:35 AM
Haha I don't think famous would be the word. I've just been here forever and spend way to much time on the boards but I still can't get enough. I love talking sports and anything in general on NFLDC.

That's good stuff man! I come here to mingle with other fan bases as well you guys. The Dallas fans are pretty cool, so that's fun. I like talking to them. Usually, I am at BBI though. That's my home base I guess. It's always fun to be on here and talk to everyone that belong to other fan bases.

Giantsfan1080
11-15-2011, 11:41 AM
That's good stuff man! I come here to mingle with other fan bases as well you guys. The Dallas fans are pretty cool, so that's fun. I like talking to them. Usually, I am at BBI though. That's my home base I guess. It's always fun to be on here and talk to everyone that belong to other fan bases.

I like it here more than BBI because I can get a better understanding of every team around the league. I read BBI constantly but the Giants forum here is like the best of BBI without the idiocy.

D-Unit
11-15-2011, 12:28 PM
Look at his join date. GF is an original gangsta! hahaha.

I'm just glad he got in because he's a cool level headed guy who has proven his longevity and loyalty to the site and has always been active in forum activities and wide spread in all discussions... not just football.

But more importantly than some silly forum HOF... you guys are all my e-brothers! Even you scottyboy! :)

D-Unit
11-15-2011, 01:34 PM
Haven't heard much about Marvin Austin. How's he doing? Is he playing?

Jughead10
11-15-2011, 01:41 PM
Haven't heard much about Marvin Austin. How's he doing? Is he playing?

Was put on IR in preseason.

D-Unit
11-15-2011, 01:43 PM
Was put on IR in preseason.
Ah that's right. I remember that now.

OSUGiants17
11-15-2011, 05:03 PM
You guys think Cruz has any shot at winning Comeback player of the year. Made the team as a no name, missed his whole rookie season due to injury and still fought to comeback and put up really good numbers, especially when you consider that he is so young, played college ball at UMASS and was talked about only because of pre-season hype from a year ago coming into the year. I know it is pretty much Stafford's to lose at this point, but you think he'll steal any votes?

Forenci
11-15-2011, 05:40 PM
Congrats to GF!!! A great HOF selection.

BigBlueNorwegian
11-15-2011, 10:16 PM
Congrats to GF!!! A great HOF selection.

x2!! Hope to have the opportunity to discuss Giants football with you here for lots of years to come GF! That goes for all you other guys as well, btw!

NY+Giants=NYG
11-16-2011, 02:20 PM
Ah that's right. I remember that now.

When in doubt check the IR list! LOL.

bigbluedefense
11-16-2011, 08:59 PM
I hate the Eagles.

BaLLiN
11-17-2011, 12:54 AM
I hate the Eagles.

im pretty sure everyone hates the eagles, even eagles fans hate the eagles.

Giantsfan1080
11-17-2011, 02:37 PM
Sounds like Prince will finally play this week.

BigBlueNorwegian
11-17-2011, 03:21 PM

Yeah, and sounds like no Boley this weekend either. The rookie linebackers better step up, because if we're without Boley for an extended amount of time, it has the potential to hurt us badly. Hopefully he can come back to the games against the Saints and packers. We need him against those offenses.

And one more thing. Mike Garafolo said that Eli Manning is not even in the top five NFC Quarterbacks in the Pro Bowl Fan voting. That may be the most hilarious thing i have ever heard.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-17-2011, 03:44 PM

Yes my HOFer caliber, famous friend! : )

I hope so.; It's about time, Prince graced us with his royal skills.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-17-2011, 03:46 PM
Look at his join date. GF is an original gangsta! hahaha.

I'm just glad he got in because he's a cool level headed guy who has proven his longevity and loyalty to the site and has always been active in forum activities and wide spread in all discussions... not just football.

But more importantly than some silly forum HOF... you guys are all my e-brothers! Even you scottyboy! :)

You and the other Dallas fans are cool guys. Too bad you guys aren't close by. I'd bring you to some Dallas stuff if I ever get a chance, and hook you up with autographs. It's fun taking football with you.

I know I have to meet with BBD. He needs to like offensive side of the ball. So I have a ways to go from getting him to the light side. He insists on being stuck in the darkside of the ball.

Giantsfan1080
11-17-2011, 06:29 PM
I have to be honest but I like the defense better as well. It's just a factor of where we live though because defense is New York Giants football. Eli has helped sway me more towards the middle though.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-17-2011, 06:40 PM
Q: He said that you said you notice him limping?

A: That is my way. ‘Prince, I saw you and you were limping.’

Q: That’s not nice…

A: That is something that I have never been accused of.

Hahaha I like TC's humor!

Giantsfan1080
11-17-2011, 06:50 PM
Coughlin has a very good sense of humor.

scottyboy
11-17-2011, 08:37 PM

HEY! what's that mean?!?

and Tuck said "I suck" this year. He hasn't been happy with his play thus far.

Giantsfan1080
11-18-2011, 09:08 AM
I said it the other day but he was invisible against the 49'ers except for that one sack recorded by JPP. The other thing is they only ran at his side twice so they took him out out of the game on the run.

Jughead10
11-18-2011, 09:12 AM
I said it the other day but he was invisible against the 49'ers except for that one sack recorded by JPP. The other thing is they only ran at his side twice so they took him out out of the game on the run.

That's going to happen. Especially if a team is stronger on the left side of their line. Why run behind your weak side and at Tuck when you get run behind your strong side and at Osi.

Giantsfan1080
11-18-2011, 11:48 AM
That's going to happen. Especially if a team is stronger on the left side of their line. Why run behind your weak side and at Tuck when you get run behind your strong side and at Osi.

I agree with that but even in the pass game he did nothing. This isn't even my opinion because Tuck has said so himself multiple times he was bad in that game and not that good since coming back from injury. I'm not worried about him at all though and he'll beast starting tomorrow night.

For those who think Osi can't stop the run ever anymore just look at the SF game. They ran at hime every chance they got and he more than held his own. We stopped a very formidable 49'ers run game.

Giantsfan1080
11-18-2011, 12:11 PM
Umm I just jinxed Tuck I suppose. He hurt his ankle during practice today and is now questionable for Sunday.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-18-2011, 01:09 PM
Man he is soooo injury prone! He and Nicks, lol. Nicks is like the Justin Tuck of Offense. Can we get healthier guys please?

Giantsfan1080
11-18-2011, 01:12 PM
Man he is soooo injury prone! He and Nicks, lol. Nicks is like the Justin Tuck of Offense. Can we get healthier guys please?

Yeah it's a good comparison. Some guys just get nicked up all the time.

JBCX
11-18-2011, 01:32 PM
Wow, without Tuck, the Giants have two of their worse run defending DEs on the field (Osi & JPP). Looks like McCoy will break 150 yards easily unless Andy Reid decides to just pass the ball all game long.

Rosebud
11-18-2011, 01:39 PM
Wow, without Tuck, the Giants have two of their worse run defending DEs on the field (Osi & JPP). Looks like McCoy will break 150 yards easily unless Andy Reid decides to just pass the ball all game long.

Why do you keep talking about hypotheticals that have no basis in reality for occurring. Rex or Beck not sucking, Andy Reid running the ball, the redskins not ******* up, etc.

Giantsfan1080
11-18-2011, 01:43 PM
Tuck said his ankle is fine and it's not swelling so that's a good sign.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-18-2011, 04:38 PM

I go with Andy going with the passing. I am guessing he will start with the run, and as the game goes on starts throwing.

BigBlueNorwegian
11-18-2011, 07:44 PM

I will not believe a word you say until you back it up with a PFF article. Thank you, come again.

bigbluedefense
11-19-2011, 10:15 AM
Sounds like we might see some Herzlich on the field tomorrow. I'm curious to see how this works out. Losing Boley was a huge blow.

The 49ers exposed our defense yet again: the middle of the field is wide open. We've been saying it for how long now? The deep post up the middle of the field is open all day bc our LBs suck in coverage.

And that weakness is now exposed even more with the loss of Boley. TEs will be open all day again.

I really hope we can bury the Eagles this week. I don't care how good or bad they are any season, the Eagles are BY FAR the team I hate the most. I really hope we bury them.

We're notoriously bad vs backup qbs though, and I have a bad feeling Jackson is going to have a huge game, and the Eagles typically respond very well when Reid is under fire. So hopefully we can overcome all of that and escape this game with a win.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-19-2011, 11:41 AM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/multimedia/videos/Film-Room-Mannings-Big-Year/0da004b7-5b51-4f03-b6a4-a5a3e3b9e7c5

Giantsfan1080
11-19-2011, 03:41 PM
Sounds like we might see some Herzlich on the field tomorrow. I'm curious to see how this works out. Losing Boley was a huge blow.

The 49ers exposed our defense yet again: the middle of the field is wide open. We've been saying it for how long now? The deep post up the middle of the field is open all day bc our LBs suck in coverage.

And that weakness is now exposed even more with the loss of Boley. TEs will be open all day again.

I really hope we can bury the Eagles this week. I don't care how good or bad they are any season, the Eagles are BY FAR the team I hate the most. I really hope we bury them.

We're notoriously bad vs backup qbs though, and I have a bad feeling Jackson is going to have a huge game, and the Eagles typically respond very well when Reid is under fire. So hopefully we can overcome all of that and escape this game with a win.

Webster usually covers Jackson real well.

bigbluedefense
11-19-2011, 05:33 PM
Webster usually covers Jackson real well.

He does. But those 2 or 3 plays a game when we call Cover 2 and Jackson is lined up opposite Webster with a free release....I dunno, I'm nervous.

He's due to have a great game vs us. We've shut him down 3 games in a row bc of Web.

I just feel like he's due. Especially with all the controversy, and him missing a game etc, I just feel like he's gonna unleash the beast on Sunday.

bigbluedefense
11-19-2011, 09:26 PM
Hey NYG, can you teach us the details of the WCO? The principles, the route combinations, the protections etc?

You taught us alot about our offense and the choice route combinations, I'm curious to know if the WCO has any similar wrinkles or is it more of a set route pattern that everyone runs?

NY+Giants=NYG
11-19-2011, 09:54 PM
Hey NYG, can you teach us the details of the WCO? The principles, the route combinations, the protections etc?

You taught us alot about our offense and the choice route combinations, I'm curious to know if the WCO has any similar wrinkles or is it more of a set route pattern that everyone runs?

Since I am out of football, and back to school, some of the stuff I forgot. I have a bunch of playbooks. Usually the reads are opposite of the Air Raid. Air Read you read top to bottom.WCO system you read bottom to top.

It's a timing offense where your drop steps match point where the WR makes his break. Your concepts are short passes that usually stretch the defense horizontally. So one popular passing concept is called FLOOD. You see that a lot and use of the RB who can catch the ball. A lot of the formations have multiple WRs.

You will see 3, 5, 7 drop passes. You will see Roll out, sprint out, and boot leg concept passing plays.

I know Walsh loved scripting his plays. Very detailed game planner. I like that aspect a lot of him.

Damix
11-20-2011, 10:09 AM
According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Eagles WR Steve Smith would like to re-sign with the Giants after the season.

Might have missed to opportunity Steve, I'm sure we'd take him back, but anything more then the 4th receiver at this point?

scottyboy
11-20-2011, 10:34 AM
yeah, if we keep MM, there's little need for Steve back here. I know BBD is gonna cream his pants and want him back, but there's little need and lots of lost love

Rosebud
11-20-2011, 10:56 AM
With Cruz's ascension I really think our need to keep MM has been negated. Would honestly rather have Steve Smith in the slot alongside Nicks and Cruz.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-20-2011, 11:03 AM
With Cruz's ascension I really think our need to keep MM has been negated. Would honestly rather have Steve Smith in the slot alongside Nicks and Cruz.

Cruz has to done well. But I still want Mario. Mario and Nicks open up Cruz. If we have a TE, in Ballard in tow, it helps everyone out. I want Mario back, unless he wants something unreasonable. Keep Mario, and worse comes to worse see what Smith has left. He will have to compete for playing time.

bigbluedefense
11-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Since I am out of football, and back to school, some of the stuff I forgot. I have a bunch of playbooks. Usually the reads are opposite of the Air Raid. Air Read you read top to bottom.WCO system you read bottom to top.

It's a timing offense where your drop steps match point where the WR makes his break. Your concepts are short passes that usually stretch the defense horizontally. So one popular passing concept is called FLOOD. You see that a lot and use of the RB who can catch the ball. A lot of the formations have multiple WRs.

You will see 3, 5, 7 drop passes. You will see Roll out, sprint out, and boot leg concept passing plays.

I know Walsh loved scripting his plays. Very detailed game planner. I like that aspect a lot of him.

I'll talk to you about this in more detail later. I eventually want to learn the WCO and Air Coryell.

I read Rex Ryan's book on the 46 defense. It's a great book if you're into that.

bigbluedefense
11-20-2011, 11:07 AM
yeah, if we keep MM, there's little need for Steve back here. I know BBD is gonna cream his pants and want him back, but there's little need and lots of lost love

Bring Stevey back!

Mario is gonna be an expensive keep. I honestly think at this point, it would be cheaper to re-sign Smith than Mario. And Cruz is much better on the outside than he is in the slot, so if we can get Smith back in at slot for cheap and have Cruz and Nicks on the outside, I think that's a better compliment of WRs.

It depends on Smith's health though. He looks washed up right now.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-20-2011, 11:20 AM
I'll talk to you about this in more detail later. I eventually want to learn the WCO and Air Coryell.

I read Rex Ryan's book on the 46 defense. It's a great book if you're into that.

I love the Air C and Air Raid. Two of my favorite systems. I have no basically no time to read non school books. It sucks, but I had to basically archive my football playbooks, notes, and binders. They are somewhere downstairs. I have my main offensive book with me. The other stuff is somewhere downstairs.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-20-2011, 06:30 PM
http://mypict.me/upload/images3/upload/0/330/136/330136648-500x500.jpg

Giantsfan1080
11-20-2011, 06:58 PM
Let's do this!!

NY+Giants=NYG
11-20-2011, 07:21 PM
Get after Vince Young!!! Pressure him, and come on Fewell blitz him!

BigBlueNorwegian
11-20-2011, 10:30 PM
UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BaLLiN
11-20-2011, 11:32 PM
once again, we're terrible at running the ball and our LB's really screwed us on 3rd downs.

BaLLiN
11-21-2011, 12:51 AM
and on a side note, even though there were a few rookie mistakes by Amukamara (stumbling, mistiming jump even though he did get the INT, and not following a guy leaving his zone when there was no other threatening receiver in the area) I thought that he did very well for his first game back. He's a big guy, looks solid in run support too. Having him, Web, and TT would be incredible for us. Ross probably won't come back because of his good season this year, I'd like to try to keep him though.

BigBlueNorwegian
11-21-2011, 06:57 AM
Okay, so here are some of my thoughts on this game and the Giants this season in general:

-Let's start with Mark Herzlich. I was really excited to see what he could do, because not only is he a great story, he also has the potential to become a great player if he can return to form. I thought he looked pretty good against the run, he had a few tackles for a loss and always seemed to be around the ballcarrier. on a number of occasions he showed pretty good instincts, in my opinion.

-His play against the pass was a different story though. He looked confused and slow in his zone drops all game long,and was the main man to blame for multiple completions over the middle. We all knew he's lost some speed after the cancer treatment, but he looked real slow and overmatched in coverage. He at least needs to correct the mental lapses in pass coverage, because his physical abilities are not there to play the pass at this point.

- This was not surprising coming into this game, but all of our LBs were abused against the pass really. Paysinger also struggled a lot, while Jaquian Williams did OK. And the TD Smith scored was identical to the Vernon Davis TD last weekend. good job by philly designing a play where Smith came on on one against Kiwanuka. That's a mismatch if I ever saw one. Giants need to correct that coverage this week, because you can bet your ass that Sean Payton and Drew Brees took notice of that play in particular and the LB coverage woes in general.

-Our O-line flat out sucks. There's no way to sugarcoat this. Beatty sucks and allowed pressures all game long. He also committed multiple penalties. Diehl is washed up, and gets pushed back two yards almost every play. Baas is new to the offense, so he gets a tiny free pass, but by now he should have corrected some of the mistakes he makes. But I'm pretty sure he looks worse because he plays next to Diehl and Snee as well. Snee was sick yesterday, so that kind of explains the down game. But he's had a subpar season for his standards as well. not sure if it's because of his linemates poor play, himself, or a combination. McKenzie needs to be replaced very soon as well. He can't handle the pass rushers good enough any more.

-Run Blocking is non-existant. No push. Blown assignments. miscommunications. It looks horrible. 29 yards on the ground. Really? We're doomed if this isn' fixed. At this point it looks like it can't be fixed anymore.

-The WRs looked unfocused yesterday. Ballard had three drops on very catchable balls, and almost caused an INT when he slipped on his in cut when he got his arm injured. Cruz played great overall, but he was guilty of two bad drops.Hakeem Nicks dropped the big deep ball as well. That ball was heavily contested by Samuels, yes. But it's a play Hak normally makes 9 out of 10 times.

-The long-awaited debut of Prince Amukamara was positive in my eyes. He looked overmatched on his INT against Jackson, but at least he recovered nicely and made the play. And after that, he played real well. I don't think he gave up a single completion in man coverage all night long( have to rewatch the game to be certain). It's early, but he looks like a keeper so far.

Now, on to our favorite co-ordinators!

-It's hard for me to blame Kevin Gilbride too much on offense. He called a pretty good game i think, but the players let him down out there, especially the O-line. Eli had no time to throw, and there was no running room whatsoever. He stuck to the run, and i like that, but there was no help to be found for Gilbride and Eli yesterday. He still has his flaws as a playcaller, but overall I woudn't place too much of the blame for yesterday on playcalling. The players just didn't execute. We need to go offense for most of this next draft.

-Perry Fewell needs to go. I'm sick and tired of this. Whenever we play a bad QB, he treats it like a preseason game and stops blitzing. We have four losses this year. The QBs we lost against? Rex Grossman,Clipboard Jesus,Alex Smith and Vince Young. Smith is playing pretty good this year, but the other three guys are among the worst 10 guys to have started a game at QB this season. It's atrocious that he just sits back in his soft zones and rush three or four guys against these guys. Just pressure them god dammit. It's the New York Giant defensive style. I'm dreading rewatching that final eagles scoring drive because there's a third and 10 completion in there where we rush three guys and drop eight in coverage. I called out "first down the minute i saw this. And predictably enough, Young gets five seconds in the pocket and throws to Riley Cooper sitting in a soft spot between two LBs 14 yards down the field. UGH.

-This loss was devastating, because we really needed this W. I'm not sure how we are going to get by against the Saints and Packers without Boley, he really needs to come back fast. And if we come in to the week 14 game @the Cowboys down two games, we are effectively in a win or go home mode that game. And with the soft schedule for the Cowboys, we might have to win our final four games to have a chance. Luckily for us the Bears might not win another game with Cutler out, and I don't really trust the Falcons. So we just might be able to sneak into the Wildcard race if we don't win the division.

Jughead10
11-21-2011, 07:50 AM
I agree about Herzlich. He's a 2 down Linebacker. What I saw from him, I liked more than Jones. However not having Boley hurts. None of these guys can cover.

Also I though Kiwi played a great game. Maybe his best ever as a LB?

The line was piss poor but Jacobs still bothers me. He's officially soft. He's so big that if the hole isn't there he needs to just get up the ass of the Oline and push forward. At least get 2-3 yards. He should never cut back. That is a guaranteed no gain or loss.

And of course I agree about Fewell. At no point EVER, should we only rush 3 down lineman. It needs to be taken out of the playbook. If we are rushing 3 down lineman, automatically we do not have our best talent on the field. Someone is sitting on the bench for someone not as good as him.

Thanksgiving games got interesting for us. It is officially time to root against other NFC teams. Hope the Packers beat the Lions and the Dolphins beat the Cowboys.

BigBlueNorwegian
11-21-2011, 07:59 AM

Also I though Kiwi played a great game. Maybe his best ever as a LB?

Kiwi played great against the run he was beasting on McCoy all night long. He was ok against the pass, but he did obviously get exposed a few times in the passing game. That's not his fault though, it's because he's asked to do too much due to the injury to Boley.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-21-2011, 09:04 AM
I hate our coordinators especially Fewell! 3 man rush against a backup QB!? Really? 3rd down after 3rd down converted one after another. I hate our offense, every part from the play calling to the fragile RBs and WRs. Our OL is beyond pathetic!

BBD, Screw this we are going offense in this years draft! 1-7! I know that's not logical or possible, but I want everything scraped. If that means firing Coughlin, and I like him a lot, then so be it.

Rosebud
11-21-2011, 09:09 AM
I can't really blame Fewell for doing something Spags did when he was here to. At this point I'm pretty sure it's coming down from coughlin, not to "give away" too much in games we shouldn't have to.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-21-2011, 09:13 AM
I can't really blame Fewell for doing something Spags did when he was here to. At this point I'm pretty sure it's coming down from coughlin, not to "give away" too much in games we shouldn't have to.

Fewell is the Anti spags. Spags overloaded A gap, and blitzed with the CB. Fewell is Mr. zone with a 3 man rush. Very stupid game he called! Why have DEs then if you plan on using 3 of them, or 2?

Rosebud
11-21-2011, 09:57 AM
Fewell is the Anti spags. Spags overloaded A gap, and blitzed with the CB. Fewell is Mr. zone with a 3 man rush. Very stupid game he called! Why have DEs then if you plan on using 3 of them, or 2?

Let's not act like there weren't games were we were bitching about spags being way to vanilla as well. I like spags more than I like Fewell, clearly as I'm not a moron, but when Fewell decides to be aggressive he's a plenty good play caller in his own right and there were more than enough games were Spags' play calling left you wanting that I can't help but assume that it's coming down from higher up. Let us not forgot how vanilla our D was for so much of that 2008 season when we were just smacking people around in the trenches and offensively.

scottyboy
11-21-2011, 09:58 AM
yeah, we need OL, LB and RB this draft. Like, that's it. Along with a quick TE to be Eli's safety valve if he's going to have defenders in his face after 2 steps. Boley out killed us. But we need at least one more LB to be able to cover, and right now, we just don't have that

NY+Giants=NYG
11-21-2011, 10:01 AM
Let's not act like there weren't games were we were bitching about spags being way to vanilla as well. I like spags more than I like Fewell, clearly as I'm not a moron, but when Fewell decides to be aggressive he's a plenty good play caller in his own right and there were more than enough games were Spags' play calling left you wanting that I can't help but assume that it's coming down from higher up. Let us not forgot how vanilla our D was for so much of that 2008 season when we were just smacking people around in the trenches and offensively.

We were. But Spags is much better than this filth! Spags was aggressive! You knew that he was going to come after QBs. This is garbage! How do you rush 3 against a backup QB?! That's inexcusable! Also, guys are wide open in this zone defense.

No blitzes, the QB has time to chill in the pocket, talk on the phone, eat a burrito and then throw to a skill player, just hanging out in the zone between giants defenders before catching it and running upfield.

Sometimes, the skill player, in yesterday's game Jackson was WIDE OPEN, with no giant in the tv frame! That's BS in my mind!

Rosebud
11-21-2011, 10:11 AM
We were. But Spags is much better than this filth! Spags was aggressive! You knew that he was going to come after QBs. This is garbage! How do you rush 3 against a backup QB?! That's inexcusable! Also, guys are wide open in this zone defense.

No blitzes, the QB has time to chill in the pocket, talk on the phone, eat a burrito and then throw to a skill player, just hanging out in the zone between giants defenders before catching it and running upfield.

Sometimes, the skill player, in yesterday's game Jackson was WIDE OPEN, with no giant in the tv frame! That's BS in my mind!

That's what I'm trying to say. We're letting nostalgia taint our view of spags cause we're only remembering the games where he brought it. What i'm trying to say is there were games even with spags where we were not aggressive and played frustratingly passively. And then other games where spags let loose. We seen a similar trend with Fewell except he's less inherently aggressive so he doesn't fight coughlin as much on it and when he's given the green light he's not as aggressive as spags because very few play callers are.

Lets look at the dolphins game, we sat back and played passive all game long and then the Dolphins get the ball back for one last drive and what happens? 3 straights sacks on 3 straight blitzes. Why? Because we needed to ice the game so Fewell got the go ahead to get it done. That's why I can't blame Fewell he's shown that he can be aggressive and get things done (pats game), but then there are games were we just don't, and that passive zone crap has reared it's ugly head for this team well before Fewell got here and has happened under every DC we've had, including Spags. It just can't not come from Coughlin.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-21-2011, 10:15 AM
That's what I'm trying to say. We're letting nostalgia taint our view of spags cause we're only remembering the games where he brought it. What i'm trying to say is there were games even with spags where we were not aggressive and played frustratingly passively. And then other games where spags let loose. We seen a similar trend with Fewell except he's less inherently aggressive so he doesn't fight coughlin as much on it and when he's given the green light he's not as aggressive as spags because very few play callers are.

Lets look at the dolphins game, we sat back and played passive all game long and then the Dolphins get the ball back for one last drive and what happens? 3 straights sacks on 3 straight blitzes. Why? Because we needed to ice the game so Fewell got the go ahead to get it done. That's why I can't blame Fewell he's shown that he can be aggressive and get things done (pats game), but then there are games were we just don't, and that passive zone crap has reared it's ugly head for this team well before Fewell got here and has happened under every DC we've had, including Spags. It just can't not come from Coughlin.

Well our pass rush got them. I don't think the blitzes got home. I think it was a function of our natural pass rush getting to Moore. We did this with Charlie Whitehurst too! Just examine the last long drive the Eagles had. 3rd down and long, and easily picking apart the scheme. That's a big red flag when Young can do that.

What do you think will happen when we play Brees and AR? 3 man rush them? LOL. Do you think Finley or the Saints TE will not find the soft zone? I cringe at the end result of that game.

That's not even factoring our stupid offense!

Rosebud
11-21-2011, 10:20 AM
Well our pass rush got them. I don't think the blitzes got home. I think it was a function of our natural pass rush getting to Moore. We did this with Charlie Whitehurst too! Just examine the last long drive the Eagles had. 3rd down and long, and easily picking apart the scheme. That's a big red flag when Young can do that.

What do you think will happen when we play Brees and AR? 3 man rush them? LOL. Do you think Finley or the Saints TE will not find the soft zone? I cringe at the end result of that game.

That's not even factoring our stupid offense!

If you're bringing heavy heat that results in multiple guys getting through to the QB the blitz worked, whether it's a lineman getting the sack or the LB/DB you're blitzing.

What happens when we face Brees and AR? The same thing that happened when we played Vick and Brady earlier in the year, Fewell will get to be aggressive and actually call a good game before going all Vanilla again when we play the Redskins.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-21-2011, 10:23 AM
If you're bringing heavy heat that results in multiple guys getting through to the QB the blitz worked, whether it's a lineman getting the sack or the LB/DB you're blitzing.

What happens when we face Brees and AR? The same thing that happened when we played Vick and Brady earlier in the year, Fewell will get to be aggressive and actually call a good game before going all Vanilla again when we play the Redskins.

We will see on that. I hope you are right. But I hate Fewell and this system. Did you realize the key was running mesh all night long on us trying to confuse the rookie and inexperienced LBs. When they showed the tight shot you can see this. Mesh all day long it seemed.

Rosebud
11-21-2011, 10:31 AM
We will see on that. I hope you are right. But I hate Fewell and this system. Did you realize the key was running mesh all night long on us trying to confuse the rookie and inexperienced LBs. When they showed the tight shot you can see this. Mesh all day long it seemed.

I hear your frustration. I hate seeing our D when Fewell's being a passive little *****, but then there's games where it's like he's flipped the switch from ****** DC to really good DC and he does a really good job. A switch that strangely coincides with the quality of our opponents passing attack. This is something I remember bitching about with every other DC so I'm going to blame Coughlin rather than assuming every DC we've had is either bi-polar or a moron, although 2 clearly were morons.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-21-2011, 10:33 AM
I hear your frustration. I hate seeing our D when Fewell's being a passive little *****, but then there's games where it's like he's flipped the switch from ****** DC to really good DC and he does a really good job. A switch that strangely coincides with the quality of our opponents passing attack. This is something I remember bitching about with every other DC so I'm going to blame Coughlin rather than assuming every DC we've had is either bi-polar or a moron, although 2 clearly were morons.

Blame TC! That's where I am headed now. I like him a lot, but I am have 1 foot on fire him, and clear house. Systems gone, and Quinn gone. Start new, and let's get this thing build carefully. Defensive HC who can be DC. Then bring in a good OC who has a QB friendly system. If that's Norv Turner cool. I love the Air C!!!!!

Rosebud
11-21-2011, 10:36 AM
Blame TC! That's where I am headed now. I like him a lot, but I am have 1 foot on fire him, and clear house. Systems gone, and Quinn gone. Start new, and let's get this thing build carefully. Defensive HC who can be DC. Then bring in a good OC who has a QB friendly system. If that's Norv Turner cool. I love the Air C!!!!!

I'm not that opposed to replacing TC. But if it works and we make it into the playoffs and put together some wins there's nothing we can do about it. These regular season games are frustrating but if we're winning enough of the tough games to get us into the playoffs despite losing some of this games we should've won then ultimately it's fine, frustrating at the moment but perfectly fine in the long run.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-21-2011, 10:39 AM
As a person who follows the offensive side of the ball, I am tired of streaky starts. I can't remember a game where we just played well from the start to the finish. It seems every week is a mr. toads wild ride. Boom or bust system, with NO middle ground. Is anyone else tired of that game after game? I am, I had it!

BigBlueNorwegian
11-21-2011, 10:44 AM

I think Eli and our offense would be awesome with Norv as our OC. I really want to see that happen if we decide to clean house. Coughlin needs to go if we don't make the playoffs this season. Three years in a row with no playoffs in Eli's prime. That not going to cut it. Stupid coordinator hires falls on him as well. And I'm starting to believe what Rosebud is preaching about TC giving orders to go soft in "easy" games on defense. That's an ignorant and stupid approach. There are no easy or slam-dunk games in the NFL.

Rosebud
11-21-2011, 10:45 AM
As a person who follows the offensive side of the ball, I am tired of streaky starts. I can't remember a game where we just played well from the start to the finish. It seems every week is a mr. toads wild ride. Boom or bust system, with NO middle ground. Is anyone else tired of that game after game? I am, I had it!

It's very frustrating, but I'm starting to worry that we might lose a lot of our clutch identity because for all of the frustrations the giants have managed to really step up in the clutch under coughlin. So I'm not on board yet, but 3 straight years without playoffs would get me aboard the fire coughlin express. So I'm very curious to see how this plays out. I've got a good feeling that we'll manage to go 2-2 in Packers, Saints and two Dallas games, with wins against the skins and Jets. That would put us at 10-6 and depending on where those losses transpire that could be enough for the division or the wildcard and from then who knows what'll happen. We have the talent to go on a roll if Fewell's at his best and we can just circumvent the redzone.

If you couldn't tell I also have trouble leaving girls who's **** I shouldn't have to put up with...

scottyboy
11-21-2011, 10:47 AM
nobody I was watching the game with understood what I was talking about, but I must've screamed "Why are we rushing 3 and dropping into soft zones on 3rd and long?" at least 3-5 times last night. That's not gonna cut it. But kudos to the D, they played well despite being on the field the whole damn game. What it's coming down to is:

A) Jacobs blows. No explanation needed. He's trash. I was a supporter of his until he blew his chances this year.

B) Our Oline is trash. McKenzie has finally hit the wall. Diehl is just average, Beatty has regressed hard from early this year and Baas is...well he's average.

C) While I like Ballard, Eli really needs an athletic guy who can get open quickly off the line when he doesn't have time (ala now with our **** OL).

D) We got Bradshaw for a steal. He is so damn valuable to this team in every facet of his game, it's not even funny

Jughead10
11-21-2011, 10:56 AM
I wonder if we promote Andre Brown off the practice squad. If Bradshaw and Ware can't go Monday night, we might have to.

He could ignite the running game. You never know.

scottyboy
11-21-2011, 11:00 AM
I agree, because Jacobs blows and Ware is concussed. I like Scott, but he's nothing more than a scatback at this point. But I fully believe Bradshaw plays this week. Extra day, rested for a while and right now, we need this. This game is the one for our O to get back on track. I really believe the Saints are beatable and we match up fairly well, especially if Ross is healthy, along with Boley and with Prince back. We need this game because I don't see us beating the packers

LonghornsLegend
11-21-2011, 11:07 AM
I think Eli and our offense would be awesome with Norv as our OC. I really want to see that happen if we decide to clean house. Coughlin needs to go if we don't make the playoffs this season. Three years in a row with no playoffs in Eli's prime. That not going to cut it. Stupid coordinator hires falls on him as well. And I'm starting to believe what Rosebud is preaching about TC giving orders to go soft in "easy" games on defense. That's an ignorant and stupid approach. There are no easy or slam-dunk games in the NFL.

I never thought about it, but Norv as an OC here would be an excellent hire. He would do wonders for Eli and really open things up for him. Not sure who to look for as a HC in that situation, but I'd like that fit. I know you guys mostly get onto "kill drive", but he's never impressed me either.

scottyboy
11-21-2011, 11:09 AM
Spags gets fired as Rams coach. Becomes our HC. Norv as our OC. Me as the DC. LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN

or even better, Jessie Armstead at DC. yeahhh, I like where this is going

Giantsfan1080
11-21-2011, 11:17 AM
Scott should have been given more carries last night.

Giantsfan1080
11-21-2011, 02:57 PM
Our CB depth has taken another hit. Coe is out for the year with a shoulder injury.

Jughead10
11-21-2011, 03:11 PM
Antrel Rolle actually said something that didn't make me hate him:

—When I saw Eli get hit after his interception, it took everything I had to remain on the sideline.
—“You don’t take sh** from anybody. Last night, we took some.”

D-Unit
11-21-2011, 03:15 PM
Did Mathias Kiwanuka play the best game of his career? I loved what I saw from him last night. Wish Anthony Spencer played like that. :/

Jughead10
11-21-2011, 03:17 PM
Did Mathias Kiwanuka play the best game of his career? I loved what I saw from him last night. Wish Anthony Spencer played like that. :/

I think it was his best game as a LBer. He had a better game or two as a DE though.

Giantsfan1080
11-21-2011, 03:20 PM
Rolle has actually toned down his act a lot this year. Coughlin must have got to him a little.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-21-2011, 08:17 PM
So now Michael Coe CB is out for the season! Which of you made a deal with the dude downstairs? Come on fess up! 5 CBs done is no accident!

NY+Giants=NYG
11-21-2011, 08:18 PM

Yeah he did, but he sucks in space. So all I picture is JG running a play called steamer where you isolate the RB on the LB. I can picture this with either back. We ran it when I coached with John G. at JG's charity event. Great play!

BaLLiN
11-21-2011, 10:44 PM
Scott should have been given more carries last night.

I agree with this, with all the draws we run scott is ideal because he gets up the field quickly. Draws and Jacobs do not mesh well, he has no quickness and the hole is not defined pre-snap because the OL must go with the stunts.

Antrel Rolle actually said something that didn't make me hate him:

—When I saw Eli get hit after his interception, it took everything I had to remain on the sideline.
—“You don’t take sh** from anybody. Last night, we took some.”

Good, remember that for next year against the eagles. It seemed like there was almost a fight every other play during that game.

Spags gets fired as Rams coach. Becomes our HC. Norv as our OC. Me as the DC. LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN

or even better, Jessie Armstead at DC. yeahhh, I like where this is going

I would love that situation, just not sure id make Armstead the DC. I might give Fewell another try because i think Spags would help him out anyway.

scottyboy
11-21-2011, 10:49 PM
I agree with this, with all the draws we run scott is ideal because he gets up the field quickly. Draws and Jacobs do not mesh well, he has no quickness and the hole is not defined pre-snap because the OL must go with the stunts.

Good, remember that for next year against the eagles. It seemed like there was almost a fight every other play during that game.

I would love that situation, just not sure id make Armstead the DC. I might give Fewell another try because i think Spags would help him out anyway.

I kinda have a sick obsession with Armstead. Like, it's almost as if he was a Rutgers guy. He's my all time favorite Giant

LonghornsLegend
11-21-2011, 10:51 PM
I was wondering why Scott didn't get more carries/touches also. It seems as though he is only viewed as a 3rd down/scat back sort of player vs someone who can run inside. He's so explosive and electric though, I'd be finding ways to get him the ball.

BaLLiN
11-21-2011, 10:55 PM
I was wondering why Scott didn't get more carries/touches also. It seems as though he is only viewed as a 3rd down/scat back sort of player vs someone who can run inside. He's so explosive and electric though, I'd be finding ways to get him the ball.

he'd be especially useful just as a decoy in the backfield. Teams dont have to stack the box against us to stop the run anymore, with scott they'll need to pay more attention due to his speed to get the edge and homerun ability. I know his two long plays were in preseason, but he shows that he can break tackles. He's not a shifty guy but he makes one or two moves and gets upfield; very efficient.

Damix
11-22-2011, 09:32 AM
Been out of town, so sorry if any of this has been repeated.

I'm tired of 3 man rushes on 3rd and long. Screw you Fewell

I'm really tired of how bad our ST are. I literally am just hoping not to screw something up anytime they are out there. This has been a multi year problem. Fix it.

I'm really really tired of Coughlin and the 2nd half of seasons. This have become a pattern. Hopefully this is the last year we have to deal with it.

Hire a defensive coach that can actually use our talent. I'd keep Gilbride as OC though, as much as I dislike him sometimes, hes an overall positive and we don't need to be screwing with the system now.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-22-2011, 10:05 AM

I was thinking the same thing. The first hand off he was VERY fast. I wanted to see more. Get Jacobs out of there. I hated him and always will hate him. The more he opens his mouth and stinks it up, the more validated I feel that I never got into the Jacobs hype or liked him. He was a product of our OL.

Rosebud
11-22-2011, 03:19 PM
Anyone else feeling kinda good about this game? I'm really feeling us squeezing a 1-1 record out of these next two and I think the Saints are the team we have a better shot against. I'm feeling a huge bounce back game from Eli and the receivers on offense, maybe the OL even gets in on the fun and does decent against the more mediocre DL of the Saints and spring Scott to a break out game perhaps?

Defensively I think Fewell will call the game more like he did against the Patriots and Michael Vick lead Eagles. I'm just praying Boley is back soon, if he can get back we have the pieces to steal a win and I don't want to bank on us doing that against the Packers.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-22-2011, 03:49 PM
Anyone else feeling kinda good about this game? I'm really feeling us squeezing a 1-1 record out of these next two and I think the Saints are the team we have a better shot against. I'm feeling a huge bounce back game from Eli and the receivers on offense, maybe the OL even gets in on the fun and does decent against the more mediocre DL of the Saints and spring Scott to a break out game perhaps?

Defensively I think Fewell will call the game more like he did against the Patriots and Michael Vick lead Eagles. I'm just praying Boley is back soon, if he can get back we have the pieces to steal a win and I don't want to bank on us doing that against the Packers.

Nope! I expect a butt kicking of epic proportions!

Giantsfan1080
11-22-2011, 03:58 PM
Nope! I expect a butt kicking of epic proportions!

Sadly I feel this way also. It must be Justin Tuck syndrome.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-22-2011, 04:14 PM
Sadly I feel this way also. It must be Justin Tuck syndrome.

Ahh JT Syndrome. Nicks has that! He is the Justin Tuck of the offense.

Giantsfan1080
11-22-2011, 04:20 PM
Naa the new JT syndrome is being apathetic and predicting a collapse. I don't know if he was drugged out yesterday or something but he seemed like he needed some a psych to talk to. The tone of the interview was terrible.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-22-2011, 08:18 PM
Giants running game is worst in 58 years
MarshallOnMontana : 11/21/2011 12:34 am
After a 1.7 team yard per carry average tonight, the YPC for the season is now 3.16. It is the 3rd lowest season mark in team history, and the worst since 1953. Only 1942 (3.00) and 1953 (2.64) are worse in a history that dates back to 1925

here is a stat. Props to MoM, he is a good poster on BBI.

We really have issues with our OL and running game. Right now we are very pathetic in our running game!

NY+Giants=NYG
11-22-2011, 08:20 PM
Naa the new JT syndrome is being apathetic and predicting a collapse. I don't know if he was drugged out yesterday or something but he seemed like he needed some a psych to talk to. The tone of the interview was terrible.

Ididn't hear, but read about it. Probably felt dejected! Rolle's interview was totally different. We need that voice to be the voice of them all.

bigbluedefense
11-23-2011, 12:15 PM
Yeah. So I needed a couple of days to cool off bc I really didn't want to even think about football after that pathetic piece of **** performance we saw on Sunday. Now that I cooled down a little bit, here's some quick thoughts:

-This team is gutless. Completely gutless. We have a chance to finish off the Eagles, give ourselves some space against the Cowboys, and they play like they wanted to leave after the 1st quarter. Gutless. You see your qb get hit late, you see Jackson throw the ******* ball at your DC's face (glad he did it, **** Perry Fewell), and you just stand there for 4 quarters and scratch your dick. Gutless.

-I want Fewell gone. I don't buy this ******** that he's making vanilla gameplans until he needs to up the anty. If that's the case, then why when the game was on the line, he played soft zones the entire drive, rushing 3 or 4 each time and letting Young score the TD nice and methodically? That's ********. He just sucks as a coordinator. **** him. I want his dopey looking ass gone. I'm tired of this soft zone crap. He's a horrible coordinator.

-The offensive line is a joke. Beatty just flat out sucks. Diehl is washed up, let's face it guys, he's washed up. He hit the wall this year. I was hoping he had a couple of years left in him but he's done. Baas is average. Shaun O'Hara part 2. McKenzie is done. That's 4 mediocre linemen. That's why your run game sucks. Bc your oline sucks. They suck at run blocking and they suck at pass blocking. They just suck.

-Yay for Prince. I think we got a keeper there.

-Kiwi is a beast. Extend him.

-Tuck is like 20% right now. Just IR him and move on. He's not doing us any favors playing on that field right now.

-It's a sad sad day when Antrelle Rolle is the only guy on the team that shows any emotion after being embarassed.

I can say more, but I'm pretty ******* pissed right now. **** these guys. Gutless *****. Anyway, on that note, happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Jughead10
11-23-2011, 12:18 PM
I'm thankful you're alive.

bigbluedefense
11-23-2011, 12:18 PM
I went all the way to Philly on Sunday to buy some cheesesteaks and celebrate sweeping the Eagles, and those ******* show up with that kind of gutless performance. **** them. I got so ******* mad, I threw that **** in the garbage. Didn't even eat it.

Gutless. What a joke.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-23-2011, 12:19 PM
I agree! Get rid of Fewell, but I doubt that will happen unless someone forces TC to do it. If that's the case the clean house! Everyone! New HC who is a defensive coach AND can be DC. That stops musical DCs! Then bring in someone who isn't going to implement a system with PHd WR rules. New Special teams coach. Keep the OL coach, DL coach, and TE coach. But if they go, ok, fine by me. But I am tired of this nonsense!

bigbluedefense
11-23-2011, 12:20 PM
I'm thankful you're alive.

I'm dead on the inside Jug. Dead on the inside </3

Jughead10
11-23-2011, 12:21 PM
I'm dead on the inside Jug. Dead on the inside </3

You sound like Tuck. :(

Giantsfan1080
11-23-2011, 12:22 PM
Well certainly hard to argue any of that but I'm going to try and stay optimistic for now.

bigbluedefense
11-23-2011, 12:22 PM
You sound like Tuck. :(

Yeah. He's basically telling the team without telling them that he can't play. Just IR him and put him out of his misery.

bigbluedefense
11-23-2011, 12:24 PM
Beatty injured his back?

Wtf man, is another one gonna bite the dust?

Giantsfan1080
11-23-2011, 12:24 PM
That was the first time I've ever been upset with Tuck. He pissed me the hell off with that interview.

Giantsfan1080
11-23-2011, 12:25 PM
Beatty injured his back?

Wtf man, is another one gonna bite the dust?

Possibly a good thing. Diehl back to LT and Petrus at LG. Couldn't hurt.

bigbluedefense
11-23-2011, 12:27 PM
Possibly a good thing. Diehl back to LT and Petrus at LG. Couldn't hurt.

That leads me to another point. Why is Petrus always inactivated? That leads me to believe that if Beatty is out, we'll move Bubble Butt or Andrews in Dieh's spot instead of Petrus, which makes no sense to me.

Jughead10
11-23-2011, 12:28 PM
That leads me to another point. Why is Petrus always inactivated? That leads me to believe that if Beatty is out, we'll move Bubble Butt or Andrews in Dieh's spot instead of Petrus, which makes no sense to me.

I think Petrus is inactive because of versatility. However if someone like Beatty is inactive I think we would see Petrus start. Bubble Butt needs to be active to play center if need be.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-23-2011, 03:24 PM
Will Beatty will have surgery Thurs. to repair a detached retina in his right eye. Timeframe for recovery will be determined after surgery

http://twitter.com/#!/Giants/status/139452360069103618

Time to draft more than those stupid developmental offensive linemen. So DD moves over and petrus or fat arse moves to LG? Anyone else hurt? Our alternative uniforms should be patient gowns!

bigbluedefense
11-23-2011, 03:26 PM
I hope Beatty doesn't use this retina injury as an excuse for sucking.

No Beatty, you suck bc you challenge Travis Beckum for softest Giant of all time.

scottyboy
11-23-2011, 03:27 PM
Let's just move Petrus to LG. see what he's got. give the running game a spark. god knows we need something

NY+Giants=NYG
11-23-2011, 03:27 PM
http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Giants-add-CB-Blackmon-Coe-to-IR/d88cfe5d-0d3b-4cea-8acf-e8e7c2ff1036

Giants add CB Blackmon; Coe to IR

NY+Giants=NYG
11-23-2011, 03:29 PM
How is that Stanford guard, Decastro or whatever? Is he good? I don't mind him if he grades out.

Giantsfan1080
11-23-2011, 04:29 PM
I haven't seen him enough to make a judgement either way but I don't want a 1st round G.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-23-2011, 04:32 PM
I haven't seen him enough to make a judgement either way but I don't want a 1st round G.

Well, with the state of things, and since our identity is run the ball, control the clock, and use play action, then we need an OL. So yeah, I would say man up, and if the grade warrants the pick, then we go OL. If that's OG, OC, or OT then so be it.

Rosebud
11-23-2011, 04:42 PM
Well, with the state of things, and since our identity is run the ball, control the clock, and use play action, then we need an OL. So yeah, I would say man up, and if the grade warrants the pick, then we go OL. If that's OG, OC, or OT then so be it.

Yeah but what we need is tackles. At guard we still have Snee and we have Petrus waiting in the wings. Give them a full season around Baas and that's a good interior OL that needs better tackles.

Giantsfan1080
11-23-2011, 04:43 PM
Yeah I'm with Rose on this. If we go OL in the first I'd rather go for a T.

JBCX
11-23-2011, 04:48 PM
There's no way I see the Giants going OL in the first or even second round this year.

Jerry Reese is strictly a BPA drafter, and he will undoubtedly pick some DL or DB that falls to his pick in the first round. I'm sure of it.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-23-2011, 06:16 PM
Yeah but what we need is tackles. At guard we still have Snee and we have Petrus waiting in the wings. Give them a full season around Baas and that's a good interior OL that needs better tackles.

Well we did draft them. Whimper, Koets, and now brewer and then at guard we drafted Petrus. So we are going OL, but it's developmental BS! Time to man up and go OL, especially if Coughlin's vision or philosophy on offense is a kind of system that dictates so.

BaLLiN
11-24-2011, 12:39 AM
There's no way I see the Giants going OL in the first or even second round this year.

Jerry Reese is strictly a BPA drafter, and he will undoubtedly pick some DL or DB that falls to his pick in the first round. I'm sure of it.

he's really not, despite what he says. He goes by his board, and picks the people on his board that he has highest, but he also rates the premium positions (Passrusher, CB) and positions of need higher as well. So while it may seem BPA on his board, on other boards it is good value and need or future need.

Regardless, he knows what he needs, and what we need right now is a run game. Whether he and the NYG staff feel that the problem is the OL or the RB (clearly its both) and by using his board to evaluate where he should invest in each, he will fix the problem i have no doubt.

Personally, I don't like drafting OL in the first round unless they are amazing prospects. I would be much more comfortable with a FA because we don't have to wait for them to develop and they are proven.

Two guys i really liked: Ben Grubbs OG and Jared Gaither OT, yes I know Gaither had a bad injury, but i think at this point we have to take a chance on talent and he has alot of it.

bigbluedefense
11-24-2011, 08:00 AM
I don't like FA olinemen bc you pay an arm and a leg for em.

Our system is fine, we just missed on Beatty (who coincidentally, was a 2nd round pick), and we made a mistake letting go of Whimper, who is establishing himself as a solid RT in Jacksonville.

One thing is for sure, if our oline looks dramatically better when Diehl moves back to LT, then you can basically conclude that Beatty is a bust.

Let's see how this shapes up. I have a feeling Diehl is just washed up at this point, but hopefully I'm wrong. If he looks better at LT than he did at LG, then we should probably consider moving him to RT next year while we go out and get a LT in the draft (preferably 2nd round bc I really want a linebacker in the 1st)