PDA

View Full Version : New York Giants Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

Forenci
11-24-2011, 09:04 AM
Everyone is so angry! I do agree taking a LT in the first round wouldn't be a bad idea at all. I think Beatty would make a good RT, even though he's not much of a mauler and is pretty soft.

I'm not sure how I feel about Diehl playing LT. He's been pretty poopy at LG this year.

Also, hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!!

NY+Giants=NYG
11-24-2011, 04:28 PM
Well we have no one else! We need to really go offense this draft! Damn OL stinks!

bigbluedefense
11-25-2011, 11:44 AM
Really, we just need a LT. We're good at LG, C, and RG. You can make an argument, depending on how Brewer develops and how Diehl looks at LT this season that we can probably survive at RT with some sort of combination of Diehl, Brewer or possibly Beatty there next year.

But we need a LT to solidify the line. Now do we spend a 1st round pick on that player? I don't want to personally, only if a great prospect is there for the taking, but I really hate reaching for OTs in the 1st bc of the whole supply/demand thing.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-26-2011, 11:35 AM
Really, we just need a LT. We're good at LG, C, and RG. You can make an argument, depending on how Brewer develops and how Diehl looks at LT this season that we can probably survive at RT with some sort of combination of Diehl, Brewer or possibly Beatty there next year.

But we need a LT to solidify the line. Now do we spend a 1st round pick on that player? I don't want to personally, only if a great prospect is there for the taking, but I really hate reaching for OTs in the 1st bc of the whole supply/demand thing.

Right now, to be even avg, ALL our positions except for RG needs a kick in the balls. If BPA or whatever dictates any OL trench player, then I am drafting the guy. I am tired of relying on project picks. No more of that nonsense! Man up and spend a first rounder or a trench player.

Listen, our offensive philosophy is run the ball, control the clock and use PA. Right now we are dead last running the ball and yards per carry!!! That's beyond pathetic! Oh, we better spend a lot upgrading it! Eli is in his prime or just about in there. So not having him get killed because we keep going defensive side of the ball. Screw that man! If we do defense, unless someone drops like this past year, I will throw something through the tv!

Giantsfan1080
11-26-2011, 12:05 PM
Snee has been terrible this year also.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-28-2011, 09:41 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/33111/same-old-giants-dont-be-so-sure

Good article!

Giantsfan1080
11-28-2011, 09:42 AM
I just read that and disagree with all of it. No excuses and we have the talent to win the division even with the injuries.

Jughead10
11-28-2011, 09:49 AM
Yeah I agree. Once the Eagles proved very quickly they were certainly no dream team, it was wide open for us to take.

bigbluedefense
11-28-2011, 10:13 AM
No excuses. Every team has injuries. We're not the only ones.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-28-2011, 10:34 AM
I just read that and disagree with all of it. No excuses and we have the talent to win the division even with the injuries.

No we don't. This was the case before the season even started. We have overachieved with all these injuries. 1 good Cb, no mike, Boley was above avg at LB. Grant is 1000 years old. Rolle need to step up. Osi was hurt, and Tuck was hurt.

We have a revamped OL, and we lost a good WR and TE.

I thought the article was spot on whether giants fans want to admit it or not.

Giantsfan1080
11-28-2011, 11:29 AM
The talent level on the team is much higher than you or Graziano is giving them credit for. The games we've lost like Seattle and Philly were not due to injuries. I'm not blaming anyone specifically but it's an excuse I'm sick of reading about it.

Jughead10
11-28-2011, 11:32 AM
We still should have won that Philly game. That is the one that could end up being the killer. If we're 7-3 right now and a loss tonight ties us with the Cowboys, we have a whole different outlook.

bigbluedefense
11-28-2011, 12:38 PM
The Philly game will haunt us. That was gutless and inexcusable.

Giantsfan1080
11-28-2011, 12:50 PM
The Philly game will haunt us. That was gutless and inexcusable.

Seattle was even worse. At least the Philly game is a divisional rivalry. We had no business losing at home to the Seahwaks in that manner.

bigbluedefense
11-28-2011, 12:58 PM
Seattle was even worse. At least the Philly game is a divisional rivalry. We had no business losing at home to the Seahwaks in that manner.

I think Philly was worse. You had a chance to bury your division rival who wasn't starting 2 of their best players, finally beat them twice in one season, in front of a national audience in a critical game before a hard schedule, and you don't even show up.

On top of that, a player of theirs hits Eli late, and throws a ball in your coordinator's face during the game and you STILL don't show any emotion or effort.

That to me was absolutely inexcusable. That was worse than Seattle. They didn't show up vs Seattle but vs Philly, they didn't show up even after getting sucker punched in the face.

Jughead10
11-28-2011, 01:01 PM
Plus it hurts in a tie with Dallas. They are 2-1 and we are 1-2 in the division.

Giantsfan1080
11-28-2011, 01:03 PM
Plus it hurts in a tie with Dallas. They are 2-1 and we are 1-2 in the division.

Well if we had beat Seattle we'd have a 1 game lead on them and we wouldn't have to worry about divisional records.

Giantsfan1080
11-28-2011, 01:04 PM
Anyway how is everyone feeling about tonight's game?

Jughead10
11-28-2011, 01:04 PM
Well if we had beat Seattle we'd have a 1 game lead on them and we wouldn't have to worry about divisional records.

The same if we beat the Eagles obviously. Except that win lead is also a division game. I assume we lose tonight so we would be tied.

bigbluedefense
11-28-2011, 01:12 PM
I think we lose a close game.

Giantsfan1080
11-28-2011, 01:26 PM
Sproles and Graham are going to eat us up over the middle I'm thinking. Hopefully since we're playing a real QB, Perry will bring the heat tonight.

Damix
11-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Its come to the point that I don't even want to watch the game when we're on D because I get so frustrated with the play calling.

Rosebud
11-28-2011, 02:37 PM
I guess I'll be the group contrarian and predict a win. I think this game is such a must win that we'll get up to win it, because if we don't, we're going to have to sweep Dallas, which I actually think we can pull off, but is still not something you want to have to depend on, although sweeping a division rival to deny them a playoff spot in week 17 would make this a sweet season.

Giantsfan1080
11-28-2011, 04:00 PM
Ehh why is Boothe starting at LG? I want me some Petrus.

BaLLiN
11-28-2011, 04:49 PM
For whatever reason, we find ways to stay in big games. As long as we stay in it I believe we will win.

bigbluedefense
11-28-2011, 09:42 PM
I'm done. The season is over to me.

Be honest with yourselves guys, even if this team somehow manages to get into the playoffs, do you trust Perry Fewell to outduel any offensive coordinators in the playoffs?

Be honest with yourself. Do you HONESTLY think that's going to happen?

The season is over. It's time for a fresh start.

JBCX
11-28-2011, 11:10 PM
What's the difference between the Eagles collapse and the Giants collapse? Probably a difference in draft slotting, in that the Eagles will probably have a higher draft pick.

Both teams have crap linebackers. Both teams have defensive lines which are talented but inconsistent and when they don't show up, the defense is liable to being blown out.

LTgiants
11-28-2011, 11:13 PM
The difference is the Eagles were supposed to be the "dream team" and a team picked by a majority of people to go far in the playoffs.

BaLLiN
11-28-2011, 11:36 PM
What's the difference between the Eagles collapse and the Giants collapse? Probably a difference in draft slotting, in that the Eagles will probably have a higher draft pick.

Both teams have crap linebackers. Both teams have defensive lines which are talented but inconsistent and when they don't show up, the defense is liable to being blown out.

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/5559/screenshot20111129at122.png

Tuck, Osi, Nicks, Boley, Manningham, Bradshaw, Baas, Beatty, Barden, Jacobs, Ross, Amukamara, and Bruce Johnson all have missed time due to injuries.

The Eagles have bad linebackers and safeties, but they didn't suffer the injuries we have had. Our OL's have been very inconsistent, our coaching is inconsistent, and our receivers have dropped a lot of balls.

The major difference is that your offense underachieved incredibly despite relatively good numbers. Our offense has struggled but found ways to get it done, while our defense was pretty good despite giving up a lot of yardage in the middle. There is now way that anyone believed the giants would be a threat in the offseason with the ridiculous number of injuries that the team had.

JBCX
11-29-2011, 12:30 AM
I think that the philosophical approach on defense by both teams is flawed. Both teams are built around the mantra of "good defensive lines mask flaws elsewhere", but in this day and age of matchup nightmares and QBs with lightning-quick releases, this philosophy is obsolete.

You can have the best defensive line in the world but if you can't cover a quick slant to their slot receiver or a dig route to their big tight end, you are going to be eaten up all day long by elite QBs. Additionally, if your defensive line just doesn't show up that day, or is held mostly in check by a good offensive line, that QB is going to decimate your defense.

Both teams place almost zero priority on linebackers in the draft. I think this approach is flawed and cannot produce a championship-caliber defense.

Giantsfan1080
11-29-2011, 06:57 AM

Be honest with yourselves guys, even if this team somehow manages to get into the playoffs, do you trust Perry Fewell to outduel any offensive coordinators in the playoffs?

Sadly I do not but I'm still hoping the talent overtakes the scheme. Webster is the DPOY for me so far on the Giants.

scottyboy
11-29-2011, 07:19 AM
while I agree on how good Websters been, my Giants DPOY is Boley. he's been so good this year and without him, we've been trash

Giantsfan1080
11-29-2011, 07:37 AM
while I agree on how good Websters been, my Giants DPOY is Boley. he's been so good this year and without him, we've been trash

I was going to mention Boley but since Webster has played the full year I went that way. Also, we couldn't go wrong with JPP one of the only defensive players who still hustled every play last night.

The Packers will probably do very similar things to this defense unless Fewell changes everything up. Tuck has quit on the season due to his injuries so we should probabaly just take him out of his misery and IR him. Hopefully we get Osi back and we can get some fumbles next week.

Jughead10
11-29-2011, 07:57 AM
I was going to mention Boley but since Webster has played the full year I went that way. Also, we couldn't go wrong with JPP one of the only defensive players who still hustled every play last night.

The Packers will probably do very similar things to this defense unless Fewell changes everything up. Tuck has quit on the season due to his injuries so we should probabaly just take him out of his misery and IR him. Hopefully we get Osi back and we can get some fumbles next week.

Why the hell did you pick up our DEF in fantasy?

bigbluedefense
11-29-2011, 08:02 AM
I just think we need a fresh start. This just wasn't our year. Btw the injuries, Perry Fewell, and the run game being nonexistant, it just wasn't our year.

We desperately need a LB, some oline help, a seam stretching TE and a RB.

Btw, our oline looked much better without Beatty there. He's a bust.

Jughead10
11-29-2011, 08:03 AM
I love Coughlin but I'm ready for a new staff. I really just want to see Eli play in a new system. Ours is so antiquated. I feel like every pass just requires so much precision to complete. Every pass requires someone to beat their man along the sideline and have Eli make a hard throw in terms of accuracy and risk. We never have guys open midfield. We'll certainly never beat anyone via offensive scheme on a Saturday night the way the Saints had basically already won walking into the stadium.

Giantsfan1080
11-29-2011, 08:06 AM
Why the hell did you pick up our DEF in fantasy?

I think they'll bounce back after the GB game so it's a just in case thing.

Giantsfan1080
11-29-2011, 08:23 AM
I still think we have a small shot to put everything back together so I'm not giving up just yet. It's bleak for sure but we still have Eli and a lot of pieces on defense. Maybe we get Bradshaw and Boley back for the game this Sunday and we surprise everyone again.

Damix
11-29-2011, 08:59 AM
I love Coughlin but I'm ready for a new staff. I really just want to see Eli play in a new system. Ours is so antiquated. I feel like every pass just requires so much precision to complete. Every pass requires someone to beat their man along the sideline and have Eli make a hard throw in terms of accuracy and risk. We never have guys open midfield. We'll certainly never beat anyone via offensive scheme on a Saturday night the way the Saints had basically already won walking into the stadium.

At this point I wouldn't change the offense. I'm not the biggest fan of it, but Eli has played in it so long. I want Coughlin gone, and to bring in a defensive coordinator that will keep Gilbride. Probably a pipe dream, but hopefully we can at least keep a similar system. I would be close to not watching this team anymore if Fewell is our next HC though

NY+Giants=NYG
11-29-2011, 09:04 AM
Let's just clean house please. Stupid DC is soo bad! Just get rid of everyone. Time for a change, especially since after the Packer's game we will be one push away from a TKO!

NY+Giants=NYG
11-29-2011, 09:06 AM

I agree! Clean house! I want a HC/DC who can hire a good OC. Let's keep Pope, I like him a lot.

I am tired of pathetic coordinators, now it falls on TC. Get rid of them all and start new. Or keep TC, and clear the coordinators, and have Mara's hire them. Take ALL of that power away from TC. Clearly, he stinks at hiring coordinators.

Giantsfan1080
11-29-2011, 09:17 AM
Ultimately Reese hired Sheridan and Fewell so some blame lies there as well.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-29-2011, 09:23 AM
Ultimately Reese hired Sheridan and Fewell so some blame lies there as well.

So throw egg on his face. Can't have too many pass rushers! LOL. Of course you can especially if your damn DC insists on rushing 3!!! We need new coaches. No way we beat GB. Then cue the booing and such next sunday. We are in deep trouble. I have a feeling the defense is going to tune out Fewell and maybe even Coughlin.

Giantsfan1080
11-29-2011, 09:33 AM
Last night went exactly how I suspected it would but for some reason right now I'm fairly confident we'll be in this Packers game. I know they can do exactly the same things on offense as the Saints last night but I'm expecting a much better performance. I'm not saying we'll win but I think it will be much closer than everyone thinks. Boley would be a huge part of that being possible though.

I wonder if our docs are more cautious with injuries than other NFL teams?

NY+Giants=NYG
11-29-2011, 09:47 AM
Last night went exactly how I suspected it would but for some reason right now I'm fairly confident we'll be in this Packers game. I know they can do exactly the same things on offense as the Saints last night but I'm expecting a much better performance. I'm not saying we'll win but I think it will be much closer than everyone thinks. Boley would be a huge part of that being possible though.

I wonder if our docs are more cautious with injuries than other NFL teams?

Yeah I knew he'd get owned. But not sure why your fairly confident about the Packers game. We have done nothing to show we can keep up. I'd bet that the defense pretty much threw in the towel like they did with Lewis, and Sheridan.

They have to be cautious. You do your job and don't want liability. As someone going for medicine, I'd be cautious too. And since I coached, I been on that side of the fence as well. So I def. would be cautious because I don't want liability coming on me.

Giantsfan1080
11-29-2011, 09:59 AM
Yeah I knew he'd get owned. But not sure why your fairly confident about the Packers game. We have done nothing to show we can keep up. I'd bet that the defense pretty much threw in the towel like they did with Lewis, and Sheridan.

They have to be cautious. You do your job and don't want liability. As someone going for medicine, I'd be cautious too. And since I coached, I been on that side of the fence as well. So I def. would be cautious because I don't want liability coming on me.

Just a hunch I suppose.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-29-2011, 10:28 AM
Just a hunch I suppose.

You could be right.. I don't see it personally because I think the defense is a chin hair short of throwing in the towel like they did for Sheridan. I don't see this defense trying. The "here we go again" attitude or mentality may be going on now. Lewis, Sheridan and now Fewell. Eventually the defensive players just stop caring. That's what happened with Sheridan.

bigbluedefense
11-29-2011, 10:46 AM
I love Coughlin as a HC. But his choices of coordinators has just been horrible. There comes a point where you just need a fresh start, and I think it's that time.

I'm all aboard the Mike Zimmer train. I think he'd do wonders for our defense. Spags is my first choice, but that's a pipe dream.

Giantsfan1080
11-29-2011, 10:59 AM
I'm not going to think all that much about a new coach until Coughlin gets the axe.

bigbluedefense
11-29-2011, 11:06 AM
Anyone else notice how much better our oline looked without Beatty in there?

Jughead10
11-29-2011, 11:08 AM
Anyone else notice how much better our oline looked without Beatty in there?

Better. But not great.

bigbluedefense
11-29-2011, 11:09 AM
Better. But not great.

Baby steps Jug. Baby steps.

Giantsfan1080
11-29-2011, 11:19 AM
It was definitely better but I wanted to see Petrus instead of Boothe. It's weird how they threw him into the fire last year but now he can't see the light of day this year. I felt like Snee was on the ground every other play.

bigbluedefense
11-29-2011, 11:20 AM
Petrus came in at the end of the game during garbage time. I'm pretty sure he came in. I have no idea why he doesn't get more playing time.

Jughead10
11-29-2011, 11:21 AM
Petrus came in at the end of the game during garbage time. I'm pretty sure he came in. I have no idea why he doesn't get more playing time.

Eli was under the most pressure at the end of the game. I don't even know why he was out there.

Giantsfan1080
11-29-2011, 11:21 AM

I never saw him out there but that's a good thing if he really was. Also, Barden is taking some nice steps as well.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-29-2011, 11:58 AM
Was Beckum playing? I didn't see him or notice him. I hate seeing all these TEs do well, and we drafted Beckum to be that guy and now he is just a waste of a roster spot.

Giantsfan1080
11-29-2011, 12:28 PM
Was Beckum playing? I didn't see him or notice him. I hate seeing all these TEs do well, and we drafted Beckum to be that guy and now he is just a waste of a roster spot.

Just on specials.

bigbluedefense
11-29-2011, 12:32 PM
No, Beckum got some snaps on offense too. He just didn't do anything with them...

Giantsfan1080
11-29-2011, 12:33 PM
No, Beckum got some snaps on offense too. He just didn't do anything with them...

I didn't see him on any routes or in the huddle and I was paying attention. Anyways he needs to be dropped.

bigbluedefense
11-29-2011, 01:08 PM
I didn't see him on any routes or in the huddle and I was paying attention. Anyways he needs to be dropped.

He's just wasting a roster spot. I expect a lot of changes this offseason. Nothing too major to the starting lineups (outside the oline perhaps) but our depth should look different next year. A lot of guys coming off the books this offseason and I don't see us re-signing most of them.

touchdownmaker
11-29-2011, 02:34 PM
Beckum was certainly out there, and most certainly did not do anything. Wasted pick.

BigBlueNorwegian
11-29-2011, 02:42 PM
Okay, so I wanted to ask you guys about your opinion on this, because it's been bothering me for some time now. And I really don't want to talk about the game last night, because it makes me want to puke.

What are your opinion on Tuck as a Captain and leader of the defense? I don't like it at all. Granted, he should get somewhat of a pass because of his injuries, and they are slowing him down on the field. But Tuck just seems like he has no ability to fire up the defense or motivate them when they need it.

Yesterday after the saints went up 14-3 just before the two minute mark in the first half, the cameras panned to Tuck on the sideline, and he was just sitting there, moping around. And this is after a week of talking about being aware of the situation, and not allowing another late-season collapse.

Yes, the other guys on defense did the same thing as well, but how can you really blame them? Their leader, who is a shell of his former self this season probably because of injuries, just sits there staring blankly straight forward. And It's not like the game was out of hand at that point either. The game got out of hand on the next defensive series IMO, when the Saints scored in 34 seconds before halftime.

I can't help but think that if only someone on the defense managed to fire them up before that series, managed to will his teammates into a stop before the half, we could have had a different game on our hands. It would have been 14-3 at halftime, and we scored a TD on the first drive of the second half. If we came within four again it could have gone differently. Not likely, but possible.

Look, I love Tuck as a player when he's healthy. But he doesn't look or sound like a leader to me. He is a player who is "only" capable of leading by example. And he can't do that this year, so we're stuck without a leader on defense. I think maybe Boley was settling into that leadership role before he got hurt.

I think the only thing this defense needs is health and a real leader. it would be nice to have a great MLB and all, but i'm not sure if it would even matter if someone doesn't step up and become a leader on this defense. Tuck's not going to do it vocally, we've seen that by now. So we need someone to step up. God I miss Strahan.

bigbluedefense
11-29-2011, 03:23 PM
As much as I love Tuck, I'm really getting tired of him being injured every other year.

I don't want to overreact though, so I'm gonna hold off on saying anything until after the season.

BigBlueNorwegian
11-29-2011, 03:32 PM
As much as I love Tuck, I'm really getting tired of him being injured every other year.

I don't want to overreact though, so I'm gonna hold off on saying anything until after the season.

Yeah, I know. But it's just so hard not to overreact/get frustrated at this point. So many talented players and such hope and promise each year, just to get this sinking feeling every late November/early December.

These past three years and upcoming three years marks the prime years of Eli Mannings career. The way this season is going, he's going to have watched the first three playoffs of his prime from the couch. He should have been out there competing for another SB trophy or two.

Giantsfan1080
11-29-2011, 04:48 PM
Osi's probably done for the year with a high ankle sprain.

Giantsfan1080
11-29-2011, 04:49 PM
We're also re-signing Chase Blackburn.

BaLLiN
11-29-2011, 05:18 PM

...why didn't this happen like right after Goff got IR'ed?

Damix
11-29-2011, 05:21 PM

Lofa must really be damaged good for us not to even look at him

LTgiants
11-29-2011, 05:36 PM
Chase, Herz and Tolly? how many more white guys on D do we need?

BaLLiN
11-29-2011, 07:08 PM
Chase, Herz and Tolly? how many more white guys on D do we need?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn2r8Ft5wWs

Giantsfan1080
11-29-2011, 07:13 PM
I don't like this quote from Coughlin. I think he's to stubborn to look in the mirror and check out his coaching staff. This might turn real bad folks. The execution was not good but the plan was worse.

I thought we prepared well, but we didn’t execute. If you don’t execute, the best laid plans are not going to be there to be accomplished.

BaLLiN
11-29-2011, 07:14 PM
I don't like this quote from Coughlin. I think he's to stubborn to look in the mirror and check out his coaching staff. This might turn real bad folks. The execution was not good but the plan was worse.

well this is making me feel like we should get another coach...

Giantsfan1080
11-29-2011, 07:15 PM
well this is making me feel like we should get another coach...

Yeah I'll sort of echo Jughead's comments from earlier that I do like Coughlin but it's starting to look like this time has run out here. I can't believe he thinks what we're doing on defense is acceptable.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-30-2011, 11:02 AM
577 yards!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all.

bigbluedefense
11-30-2011, 11:54 AM
To be fair, what is Coughlin supposed to say? If he criticizes his coaches, it's "anarchy in NY" and he gives the impression that he threw them under the bus.

And it's not like the players gave their all either. That was a very half ass effort on defense.

But I agree, it's time for a change.

Giantsfan1080
11-30-2011, 12:53 PM
I don't know what the question was but don't put it on the players like that when a 5 year old would have had a better defensive gameplan.

bigbluedefense
11-30-2011, 12:58 PM
I honestly think it's Coughlin who wants Cover 2. All his coordinators outside of Spags were Cover 2 guys for us, and even in Jacksonville, Del Rio was a Cover 2 guy under him.

Giantsfan1080
11-30-2011, 01:42 PM
I honestly think it's Coughlin who wants Cover 2. All his coordinators outside of Spags were Cover 2 guys for us, and even in Jacksonville, Del Rio was a Cover 2 guy under him.

I don't buy that. He's an offensive guy so I don't know why he would dictate scheme and also why would he let the one guy with no DC experience run the system of his choosing? It's a coincidence and when Coughlin first got here we had the personnel more suited for a Cover 2.

bigbluedefense
11-30-2011, 03:35 PM
I don't buy that. He's an offensive guy so I don't know why he would dictate scheme and also why would he let the one guy with no DC experience run the system of his choosing? It's a coincidence and when Coughlin first got here we had the personnel more suited for a Cover 2.

Yeah. I'm just a sad panda right now.

:(

OSUGiants17
11-30-2011, 03:49 PM
I'm so glad you all agree because I am fully prepared to come in here and straight up RANT about how sick I am of our coaching staff! I want EVERYONE GONE if we don't make it to round 2 of the playoffs!

Coughlin- Sorry buddy, you've had a nice long run, but too many 1st round exits and late season collapses.

Killdrive- God I hate this man, have for years! That PhD WR playbook needs to go. Plus, he's a *****, plain and simple. 3rd and 10+ yards to go, down 21-3...Draw play up the middle for no gain. Bro, you serious? You've gotta air it out there. We've got a big lead? Let's sit on it and let them get right back into this game by calling the same ****** plays over and over because you won't run up the score. When was our last blowout win?

Perry- Cover 2 sucks, 3rd down package with 3...that's right 3 down linemen and a soft zone sucks, we have one of the best DLs in the league and you put 3 of them out there to give up a first down on 3rd and 99.

ST coach- I don't even wanna know this piece of ****'s name, but get him out. Our special teams has sucked for years now.

Strength & Conditionig people- How is it that we're always injury plagued? These guys must suck at their jobs.

Brandon Jacobs- You've turned into a shell of yourself, you're now a Giant puss- bag who can't bulldoze people for ****, gives no effort and crys all day. Get the f*ck off my team!

DJ Ware- You're just bad bro, plain and simple. Gimme Bradshaw, Scott and Brown or a Rookie over AB, BJ, and Going No-Ware any day of the week.

Please Rams fire Spags! And Giants, sign him as our DC/HC in waiting and Grueden or Cowher as our HC till you feel Spags is ready. Thanks!

NY+Giants=NYG
11-30-2011, 04:56 PM
I loved watching the Saints offense! Now that's a big boy offense. Now stall outs like we do since this system was created. You didn't see Jimmy G go left, and the ball go right.. You didn't see any WRs run the wrong routes. Not only that, the system is aggressive! I would LOVE to be part of a staff like that.

We don't care about your feelings, about sparing your ego. At the end of the day, we will score, and KEEP SCORING! So you better be prepared because I won't call off the hounds!

On top of that, i respect our offense, and that's why I called the fake FG. Not that I think we could make it, but because I don't respect your offense AND your defense. You can't run the ball, you can't pass protect, and you stall out a lot. That's your offense! Your D stinks! So I will call a fake FG because I know we can score all night when the chips are down!

And oh by the way, our defense may not be sick, but we fit our aggressive nature and will keep blitzing you! So be prepared to put on your big boy pads and fight us!

I love Payton's philosophy! GIVE ME THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Non of that Bush league, 4 minute offense to kill the clock. Screw that! When we have the lead we are going to attack you! Plain and simple! YOU make the adjustment, not us!

If you don't like that style, then forfeit!

I love that aggressive nature on both sides of the ball for NO, but specifically on offense! They kill you with vertical stretches and a lot of horizontal concepts too! Just a pleasure to watch that offense work.

That's what I want! Even if we can't be as effective as them, give me that nature, style, and aggressive attitude!

BaLLiN
11-30-2011, 05:28 PM
I'm so glad you all agree because I am fully prepared to come in here and straight up RANT about how sick I am of our coaching staff! I want EVERYONE GONE if we don't make it to round 2 of the playoffs!

Coughlin- Sorry buddy, you've had a nice long run, but too many 1st round exits and late season collapses.

Killdrive- God I hate this man, have for years! That PhD WR playbook needs to go. Plus, he's a *****, plain and simple. 3rd and 10+ yards to go, down 21-3...Draw play up the middle for no gain. Bro, you serious? You've gotta air it out there. We've got a big lead? Let's sit on it and let them get right back into this game by calling the same ****** plays over and over because you won't run up the score. When was our last blowout win?

Perry- Cover 2 sucks, 3rd down package with 3...that's right 3 down linemen and a soft zone sucks, we have one of the best DLs in the league and you put 3 of them out there to give up a first down on 3rd and 99.

ST coach- I don't even wanna know this piece of ****'s name, but get him out. Our special teams has sucked for years now.

Strength & Conditionig people- How is it that we're always injury plagued? These guys must suck at their jobs.

Brandon Jacobs- You've turned into a shell of yourself, you're now a Giant puss- bag who can't bulldoze people for ****, gives no effort and crys all day. Get the f*ck off my team!

DJ Ware- You're just bad bro, plain and simple. Gimme Bradshaw, Scott and Brown or a Rookie over AB, BJ, and Going No-Ware any day of the week.

Please Rams fire Spags! And Giants, sign him as our DC/HC in waiting and Grueden or Cowher as our HC till you feel Spags is ready. Thanks!

Can't say I feel differently. Insanity is defined as changing nothing and expecting a different result. We continue to run cover 2, we continue to draft middle round LB's and get minor FA's, we continue to roll with lackluster coaches, and we continually overlook OL and RB. We haven't went out and gotten a stalwart on the OL in quite a while and we've known that Diehl, Snee, and McKenzie wouldn't hold up forever.

We all know that Reese has an eye for talent, but he's one of a few of our staff that doesn't have their heads up their asses. We have the receivers, we have the QB, we have the defense besides the linebackers. Find a way to renovate the OL, get another RB, and get a few LB's. Also make it a priority to stretch, lift, and eat well; its a long season and a battle of fruition. Those few pieces will make a huge difference in being only a 1st half team and a team ready for a playoff run.

Giantsfan1080
11-30-2011, 05:42 PM
I loved watching the Saints offense! Now that's a big boy offense. Now stall outs like we do since this system was created. You didn't see Jimmy G go left, and the ball go right.. You didn't see any WRs run the wrong routes. Not only that, the system is aggressive! I would LOVE to be part of a staff like that.

We don't care about your feelings, about sparing your ego. At the end of the day, we will score, and KEEP SCORING! So you better be prepared because I won't call off the hounds!

On top of that, i respect our offense, and that's why I called the fake FG. Not that I think we could make it, but because I don't respect your offense AND your defense. You can't run the ball, you can't pass protect, and you stall out a lot. That's your offense! Your D stinks! So I will call a fake FG because I know we can score all night when the chips are down!

And oh by the way, our defense may not be sick, but we fit our aggressive nature and will keep blitzing you! So be prepared to put on your big boy pads and fight us!

I love Payton's philosophy! GIVE ME THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Non of that Bush league, 4 minute offense to kill the clock. Screw that! When we have the lead we are going to attack you! Plain and simple! YOU make the adjustment, not us!

If you don't like that style, then forfeit!

I love that aggressive nature on both sides of the ball for NO, but specifically on offense! They kill you with vertical stretches and a lot of horizontal concepts too! Just a pleasure to watch that offense work.

That's what I want! Even if we can't be as effective as them, give me that nature, style, and aggressive attitude!

It's very funny you brought this up because I was thinking the guy I possibly want the most right now is Carmicheal. With Eli and the weapons we have on offense there's no reason why we can't run a similar offense to them. I hate to waste Eli in his prime so maybe we should change Giants football up a little and let the offense carry the team. I was hoping to come here to post this so you'd get happy but we're on the same page here.

OSUGiants17
11-30-2011, 06:04 PM
It's very funny you brought this up because I was thinking the guy I possibly want the most right now is Carmicheal. With Eli and the weapons we have on offense there's no reason why we can't run a similar offense to them. I hate to waste Eli in his prime so maybe we should change Giants football up a little and let the offense carry the team. I was hoping to come here to post this so you'd get happy but we're on the same page here.

I would prefer a Defensive minded choach, but I was thinking the same thing. If we go the Offensive route I would love to have Carmichael.

Giantsfan1080
11-30-2011, 06:16 PM
I would prefer a Defensive minded choach, but I was thinking the same thing. If we go the Offensive route I would love to have Carmichael.

Right now it boils down to this for me. Who is our most important player? Eli obviously so why don't we build the team around him. I know the Giants way is defense but you can't always let the past dictate the future. The Packers have also shown a cold weather team can still have an offensive juggernaut. We have the QB and the skill players so all we need to do is build the line back up a little.

Jughead10
11-30-2011, 07:21 PM

Is he qualified? He never even called plays until Payton blew out his knee.

Giantsfan1080
11-30-2011, 08:06 PM
Is he qualified? He never even called plays until Payton blew out his knee.

I've heard his name as a hot coaching candidate and while he may not call the plays I believe I've read he has a lot of influence on the game plan.

Giantsfan1080
11-30-2011, 08:08 PM
Here's a good bio from the Saints site:

Pete Carmichael Jr. is in his third season as the Saints’ offensive coordinator after tutoring the club’s quarterbacks the previous three years. Throughout this time he has been a key figure in the planning and preparations of an offensive attack that has been ranked first in the NFL in yardage in three of the last five seasons, while leading the league in scoring for the 2008 and 2009 campaigns.

In 2010, the Saints finished third in the NFC and sixth in the NFL after averaging 372.5 yards of total offense, while finishing third in the league in passing, averaging 277.6 net yards per game through the air. The unit converted a club record 48.8% of their third down conversions and finished second in the conference and fifth in the league with 351 first downs, the second-most in club record books.

In his first season with his new title, The Saints continued to compile impressive numbers on offense. The Saints finished in the top five in seven offensive categories and eight single season and single game team records were set or tied. They scored a club-record and NFL-best 510 points, the ninth-highest total in league record books. At least 45 points were scored four times, a fifth time in the postseason, with four straight outputs of at least 30. They ranked first in the league with 6,461 net yards, the second-best total in club history. The Saints’ 348 first downs was the second-best total both in 2009 league rankings and in team record books. The Saints also finished ranked sixth in the NFL in rushing yardage with 131.6 yards per game on a club-best 4.5 yards per carry, an improvement from 28th in 2008 and their highest ranking since 1987 when they were third with a 146.0 average.

The offense continued to flourish in the postseason, averaging 35.6 points per game and scoring eight-of-nine times inside the red zone. QB Drew Brees keyed the run, completing 70.6 percent of his passes and throwing eight touchdowns, tied for the fifth-highest postseason total in NFL history and a 117.0 passer rating.

He was selected MVP in Super Bowl XLIV, as he led the Saints back from a ten point deficit, completing 18 of his last 19 passes and engineering the fourth quarter game-winning drive, culminating in the go-ahead touchdown pass with under five minutes left.

In 2008, Carmichael’s title was quarterbacks/passing game – with duties that included assisting in the pass routes, protection schemes and quarterback responsibilities. He tutored the signal callers his first three seasons with the club. In 2008, the offense went on to rank No. 1 in the NFL in passing, and Brees threw for 5,069 yards – the second-highest total in league history and tossed a club-record 34 touchdowns.

Carmichael has worked closely with Brees since both arrived in New Orleans in 2006, and since then the majority of the franchise’s career, single-game and single-season passing records have fallen. Brees has led the NFL in passing yardage twice, set the NFL record for completion percentage (70.6-2009) and has thrown for a club record 155 touchdowns over the last five seasons.

Carmichael brings the perspective of having a wide range of coaching experiences, including working with nearly every position group on offense during his career. With the Chargers, he assisted wide receivers coach James Lofton for an offense that ranked 10th in the NFL in 2004 and 2005. Carmichael joined the Chargers in 2002 and served as offensive assistant/quality control until being promoted.

In 2001, Carmichael was quality control coach for the Washington Redskins, and in 2000, he was the tight ends and offensive assistant coach for the Cleveland Browns. From 1995-99, Carmichael was the quarterbacks coach at Louisiana Tech, and during his tenure the Bulldogs’ QBs broke almost every passing record at the school. He began his coaching career as the assistant offensive line coach at the University of New Hampshire in 1994, with the Wildcats winning the Yankee Conference championship.

Born Oct. 6, 1971 in Framingham, Mass., Carmichael attended Medway (Mass.) HS where he played football and baseball. He went on to a collegiate playing career in baseball and was a four-year letterman at Boston College. As a senior, Carmichael was a team captain and Most Valuable Player. He graduated with a degree in mathematics in 1994.

scottyboy
11-30-2011, 08:15 PM
I actually kinda like Ware...

bigbluedefense
12-01-2011, 07:42 AM
I want a defensive coach dammit. I'm tired of this coaching carousel on defense.

If you have a good qb, your offense will be good enough. But players can't carry a defense the way a qb can carry an offense. For that reason I rather have continuity on the defensive side of the ball.

Our offense will be fine as long as we have Eli. Our 2 best seasons of the past 5 years have been when we had a stallworth DC calling the defense. That's what we need.

As for our oline system, I have no problem with it. It's a good system, we just missed on Beatty, that's all. You win some, you lose some. If we get a LT, the rest of our oline is fine, it'll fill out nicely with Petrus at LG, Baas at C, Snee at RG, and Diehl at RT.

I do agree that we need some RBs. Preferably a guy who can catch, as we're going away from the run game and more towards a passing offense.

I want a TE too.

Giantsfan1080
12-01-2011, 08:27 AM
Why should the offense be good enough though? I'd rather have at least one dominant side of the ball and I think the offense can be that. With the collection of defensive talent we have we'll be good enough on that side of the ball with a competent coordinator. You should build your team around your best player which is Eli.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-01-2011, 01:29 PM
QB Eli Manning has become the fifth quarterback in history to record seven consecutive seasons with at least 3,000 yards and 20 touchdown passes. He joins his brother, Brett Favre, Dan Marino and Drew Brees in accomplishing the feat.

Congrats to Eli!

bigbluedefense
12-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Why should the offense be good enough though? I'd rather have at least one dominant side of the ball and I think the offense can be that. With the collection of defensive talent we have we'll be good enough on that side of the ball with a competent coordinator. You should build your team around your best player which is Eli.

Any time we get a good DC, he leaves and we're stuck with crap for a long while. First John Fox, now Steve Spagnuolo and a bunch of crap in btw. During this entire era btw Fox and Spags, the ONLY times we went to the SB were when we had that compentent DC we need.

It's harder finding a good DC than an OC. Bc quite honestly, a good qb can make up for a lot of crap the OC throws out there. Which Eli does. On the flip side, there isn't a player on the defensive side of the ball that can dominate and take over like that and make up for a crappy DC. That's why I rather lock up a defensive HC to bring consistency to that side and have Eli hold down the offense. That way we at least know we're set on both sides of the ball.

If we bring in an offensive guy, sure, our offense will get better. But we'll still have the same problems on defense that has plagued this team forever. We need a defensive guy.

We've had an offensive coach for the last 14+ years. It's time for a defensive guy.

And to counter your point, the Steelers, who are arguably the most successful franchise of the last 7 years, have built themselves around defense and letting the qb handle the offense. They are consistently good bc they have Ben carry the offense while their guru DC holds down the defense.

We need to follow that blue print. The Packers didn't win **** until they got Dom Capers to shore up the defense. The Saints didn't win until they got Greg Williams.

Lots of teams can score. Not everyone can stop you from scoring. That's where you need to find your coaches.

Jughead10
12-01-2011, 01:51 PM
Any time we get a good DC, he leaves and we're stuck with crap for a long while. First John Fox, now Steve Spagnuolo and a bunch of crap in btw. During this entire era btw Fox and Spags, the ONLY times we went to the SB were when we had that compentent DC we need.

It's harder finding a good DC than an OC. Bc quite honestly, a good qb can make up for a lot of crap the OC throws out there. Which Eli does. On the flip side, there isn't a player on the defensive side of the ball that can dominate and take over like that and make up for a crappy DC. That's why I rather lock up a defensive HC to bring consistency to that side and have Eli hold down the offense. That way we at least know we're set on both sides of the ball.

If we bring in an offensive guy, sure, our offense will get better. But we'll still have the same problems on defense that has plagued this team forever. We need a defensive guy.

We've had an offensive coach for the last 14+ years. It's time for a defensive guy.

And to counter your point, the Steelers, who are arguably the most successful franchise of the last 7 years, have built themselves around defense and letting the qb handle the offense. They are consistently good bc they have Ben carry the offense while their guru DC holds down the defense.

We need to follow that blue print. The Packers didn't win **** until they got Dom Capers to shore up the defense. The Saints didn't win until they got Greg Williams.

Lots of teams can score. Not everyone can stop you from scoring. That's where you need to find your coaches.

Eh I think Dom Capers was just lucky he got hired when Rodgers was coming into his own.

Also Ben is pretty f'ing dumb. It took him about 6 years to finally "control" that offense. He's had some pretty good offensive coaches there.

And it wasn't like Sean Payton had been there for 8+ years before he finally won because of Gregg Williams. They are good coordinators, him and Capers, but both were terrible head coaches outside of Capers first few years in Carolina.

There is more than one way to win in this league. However I think killer offense has proven to be an easier goal to obtain under the current rules these days.

bigbluedefense
12-01-2011, 02:10 PM
Eh I think Dom Capers was just lucky he got hired when Rodgers was coming into his own.

Also Ben is pretty f'ing dumb. It took him about 6 years to finally "control" that offense. He's had some pretty good offensive coaches there.

And it wasn't like Sean Payton had been there for 8+ years before he finally won because of Gregg Williams. They are good coordinators, him and Capers, but both were terrible head coaches outside of Capers first few years in Carolina.

There is more than one way to win in this league. I think killer offense has proven to be an easier goal to obtain under the current rules these days.

The Packers were a top 3 defense in the league last year. The Steelers were the #1 ranked defense the year they won. We won with great defense. 3 of the last 4 champs have won with top caliber defenses.

I still believe in building around defense. We need to get that identity back.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Manningham to IR?
Antdog23 : 4:17 pm
:
In Reese We Trust
Word from the Giants is that Mario Manningham might need season ending surgery. He might have played his last snap as a Giant... If true, the Giants have to be close to double the NFL record of most players on IR in one season.

Posted on BBI. HAHA Damn injuries! This is nuts! If MM needs surgery, than I'd sadly let him go. We can always draft another WR or TE toy for Eli!

OSUGiants17
12-01-2011, 04:40 PM
Dream Offseason At The Moment:
- Keep Osi since we can't trade him since he got hurt!
- Trade Jacobs for a 4th or 5th
- Release Ware
- Fire TC, Killdrive, Perry and ST coach
- Hire Grueden, Spags and a OC and ST coach
- Sign Steve Smith, let Mario walk
- Publicly Execute Beckum
- Draft:
1. Kuechly
2. LaMichael James
3. AJ Jenkins
4. Orson Charles
4. Andrew Datko
5. BPA
6. BPA
7. BPA
New Offense:
RB- Bradshaw/Scott/James
WR- Nicks/Jenkins
Cruz/Barden
Slot- Smith/Jernigan
TE- Ballard/Charles on passing downs, Pascoe/Ballard on Running

Defense(With sexy blitz drawn up by Spags<3)
LB- Bolley-Kuechly-Kiwi
DT- Marvin Austin emerges!

Thoughts?

Giantsfan1080
12-01-2011, 05:07 PM
Osi sprained his ankle it's not like he blew his knee out. Teams won't be scared away because of that. Also, no one is trading for Jacobs. No thanks to Gruden.

Giantsfan1080
12-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Fewell has come out publically and said some of the players quit during the Saints game. A couple of days ago I said I had a good feeling about this game but I take that back. It's going to be a mess.

BaLLiN
12-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Fewell has come out publically and said some of the players quit during the Saints game. A couple of days ago I said I had a good feeling about this game but I take that back. It's going to be a mess.

oh yeah it was obvious, they did the same thing to Sheridan when we played Denver, and against Minnesota (forget who our coordinator was) a few years ago. They dont play when they dont like the calls. Instead of doing that, why don't they say it or change the call? The reason is because we don't have leaders. Strahan wouldn't let it happen, he would say something.

BaLLiN
12-01-2011, 11:39 PM
From reading a few things about what Fewell said after the game, I hope that he is criticizing the effort and not the scheme only because he was told to run that. And if so, I am still mad because if Coughlin has a say in the defense, he should not override Fewell. If Fewell steps out and runs man, single high, anything but friggen cov 2 I wont write him off as a failed DC just yet.

Another thing, Blackburn needs to start. I dont care if he doesn't know Fewell's calls, He is sadly much better in coverage than everyone except Williams and Boley by far.

I believe that we can play man press vs. these receivers. Amukamara and Webster fair well in this, and Ross is in between but when he's hot he's hot. Boley is going to have to have a game against Finley, but otherwise I am not as scared if I was the DC and ran what played to my player's strengths. We have the talent to play with these guys, injuries are the only reason i have doubts.

Another thing, A gap pressure, they have trouble at guard and we cant let rodgers stay put for easy looks. Flush him out and let our DE's feast.

BaLLiN
12-02-2011, 12:04 AM
btw:

http://videos.nj.com/star-ledger/2011/12/giants_defensive_coordinator_p_2.html

its Fewell's press conference

bigbluedefense
12-02-2011, 11:01 AM
Teams are regularly max protecting against our fronts and Perry Fewell is still rushing 3 and 4 against those protections.

His excuse? He's seen our pass rushers beat double teams regularly in the past, so why blitz.

Really Perry? I hate this turd so much.

Jughead10
12-02-2011, 12:53 PM
Herzlich + Osi are out. Mario is Doubtful. Bradshaw + Boley questionable. All others probable.

Not a terrible injury report.

Giantsfan1080
12-02-2011, 02:58 PM
If Bradshaw and Boley are playing we just might have a shot.

Jughead10
12-02-2011, 03:00 PM

It sounds like they will. Coughlin said Bradshaw looked impressive and Bradshaw said he felt fine.

Giantsfan1080
12-02-2011, 03:32 PM
I know offense hadsn't been the problem but the ball control with Bradshaw might be better than we've seen.

bigbluedefense
12-02-2011, 03:40 PM
This game is basically our season.

Jughead10
12-02-2011, 03:44 PM
This game is basically our season.

Not true. I think the effort is our season. But we don't technically need a W.

bigbluedefense
12-02-2011, 03:49 PM

Yeah but if we get booty rocked again, you might as well call it a season.

BigBlueNorwegian
12-02-2011, 05:23 PM

Agreed. The players need to have some confidence heading to Dallas next sunday. Let's say we lose by 7 points or less but fight hard and give GB a run for their money. If we can do that I think we should be happy with ourselves.

We need to find some kind of momentum, any kind of momentum, going into the Dallas game. If we can do that, and win in Dallas, then I think we can get on a roll and win against the Redskins and Jets as well. And then it all comes down to the home game against the Cows on the last day of the regular season.

Come to think about it, if we lose sunday, but win out after that( yeah, I know, big if), we would be on a pretty nice roll heading into the playoff. Maybe we get hot just in the right time of the season?

Just trying to stay delusionally positive I guess, lol :p

Rosebud
12-02-2011, 07:12 PM
I'm with the you BBN. Delusional optimism FTW!

BaLLiN
12-03-2011, 05:24 AM
Herzlich + Osi are out. Mario is Doubtful. Bradshaw + Boley questionable. All others probable.

Not a terrible injury report.

The way Osi and Mario are playing I really dont think it hurts us that much. Osi's run defense is terrible and his one pass rush move actually causes the pocket to become GINORMOUS. Mario is the only one of the three that kindof hurts us but not really with the emergence of Barden who is probably better suited because size beats speed, mario did beat williams (2 times?) a year or two ago but i dont think that could happen again. Herzlich is good vs the run, but the packers run offense is turrible.

Gaining Bradshaw and Boley is regaining two essential parts of our team. Boley is probably the only candidate to limit Finley.

bigbluedefense
12-03-2011, 10:50 AM
I'm going to disagree on the Barden part. I know we all want Barden to show he's a great player, but there's no way any of us can say with a straight face that right here right now, he's better than Mario. Mario is 10X the WR he is until proven otherwise.

1 deep post doesn't make a career. That's what Barden brought on Monday. 1 deep post. I think we're so hell bent on wanting this guy to emerge that we're starting to reach for straws. Let him prove it first.

Right now I see a tall guy who gets off the line slowly that doesn't get much separation. He's tall and strong. I need to see more.

Having that said, if Mario needs surgery, chances are we don't re-sign him (unless he comes cheap and we're not interest in bringing my bff Steve Smith back), and in that case, it'll be interesting to see if Barden can emerge and step up as our future #3 moving forward.

I think moving forward, Nicks and Cruz are clearing our 1 and 2 of the future.

BaLLiN
12-03-2011, 07:16 PM
“There should be a lot of pride in this locker room,” safety Antrel Rolle said. “With that being said, hopefully guys did go in the mirror and look at themselves. I know I surely did. But I don’t wait ‘til after the game. I was doing it during the game, after the game, when I got home today, tomorrow, I’m going to continue to look at myself in the mirror, and ask myself, ‘Am I being the best possible player I can be for this team?’ And you know, I’m not going to stop doing that ‘til we get to where we need to be.”

Also...
BBD, Mario has an X factor, yes. He also rarely catches with his hands, doesn't go across the middle well, and putting him against these corners is not as favorable at least imo because they have the ability to mirror him and he is not one to fight for the ball in the air.

[I will finish this thought later]

J-Mike88
12-04-2011, 07:06 AM
I know offense hadsn't been the problem but the ball control with Bradshaw might be better than we've seen.
Bradshaw is a guy that can definitely give us some big problems.
We struggled with Sproles, and Bradshaw runs stronger than little Darren.
Nicks and Cruz and the big TE will make plenty of plays.

As you guys know, the Packers defense gives up a lot of big plays, and yardage. But they're always bailed out by the gambling ints.
If they don't get the ints, they can't stop people usually.

I think Eli plays smart today, doesn't make mistakes, and you guys have a good change of knocking us off and making me hate that little bast*rd even more than I did before!

To an injury-free game today!
Good luck gentlemen!
Remember, I live in Dallas.... I want to see you and them go down to the wire!

NY+Giants=NYG
12-04-2011, 11:07 AM

As you guys know, the Packers defense gives up a lot of big plays, and yardage. But they're always bailed out by the gambling ints.

I think Eli plays smart today, doesn't make mistakes, and you guys have a good change of knocking us off and making me hate that little bast*rd even more than I did before!

Good luck gentlemen!

We will lose. At least it's a home game, so if we have a bad effort on defense fire insert coach's name could ring out.

Who is the little Bastard? Injury free game, hehehehehe. That hasn't happened all season. Someone will get hurt, and either go on IR OR not play for like 5 games. That's how we roll!

bigbluedefense
12-04-2011, 11:08 AM

Good luck gentlemen!

Good luck bro, enjoy the game. Here's to an injury free game.

bigbluedefense
12-04-2011, 11:11 AM
Also...
BBD, Mario has an X factor, yes. He also rarely catches with his hands, doesn't go across the middle well, and putting him against these corners is not as favorable at least imo because they have the ability to mirror him and he is not one to fight for the ball in the air.

[I will finish this thought later]

You're selling Mario short. He's made some incredible catches this year, he goes up the middle, and he gets more separation than any of our WRs.

I'm not the biggest Mario fan either bc he does make mental mistakes, and will have a killer drop here and there, but he's not as bad as he's made out to be.

In fact, when/if he does leave in FA, when he goes to a less complicated offense, like a WCO for example, I expect Mario to really flourish. He's actually the most talented WR we have. He's just not a great fit for this system, but he'll beast it in a simpler offense that can utilize his speed more effectively.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-04-2011, 11:17 AM
You're selling Mario short. He's made some incredible catches this year, he goes up the middle, and he gets more separation than any of our WRs.

I'm not the biggest Mario fan either bc he does make mental mistakes, and will have a killer drop here and there, but he's not as bad as he's made out to be.

In fact, when/if he does leave in FA, when he goes to a less complicated offense, like a WCO for example, I expect Mario to really flourish. He's actually the most talented WR we have. He's just not a great fit for this system, but he'll beast it in a simpler offense that can utilize his speed more effectively.

I agree! If he goes to system where he doesn't need a PHd he will do very well. Just run around and make plays without having to read the defense with such detail like a doctor does to a patient.

Giantsfan1080
12-04-2011, 11:20 AM
I'm sick of the injury thing already. It's not why we're losing.

bigbluedefense
12-04-2011, 11:21 AM
I agree! If he goes to system where he doesn't need a PHd he will do very well. Just run around and make plays without having to read the defense with such detail like a doctor does to a patient.

To be fair though, I'm against re-signing him. I just think we'll overpay, and I hate overpaying for players, especially WRs who aren't certified #1 WRs.

Especially if he needs surgery.

Giantsfan1080
12-04-2011, 11:23 AM
We theoretically should be fine with Nicks, Cruz, Barden, and someone else. If we go with an offensive coach then we should re-sign Mario and have an explosive offense.

bigbluedefense
12-04-2011, 11:23 AM
I'm sick of the injury thing already. It's not why we're losing.

Me too. We're not the only injured team. A lot of teams have been killed with injuries this year.

And injuries aren't why we lost to the Seahawks or the Eagles. Antonio Pierce is right, we're a finesse team. The Giants lost their identity, we're a soft team.

Philly punched us in the face, and we bitched up. Completely soft.

Giantsfan1080
12-04-2011, 11:26 AM
I agree BBD. I posted something the other day about this but what the hell happened between the 49'ers game and the Eagles game? It's like the team just turned themselves into the off position. I don't really understand it.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-04-2011, 11:27 AM
To be fair though, I'm against re-signing him. I just think we'll overpay, and I hate overpaying for players, especially WRs who aren't certified #1 WRs.

Especially if he needs surgery.

That surgery bothers me.. I almost want to say don't re-sign anyone who is damaged goods. This goes with Hixon or even TT if he wants a lot of money. All these guys with messed up knees probably won't be the same. I'd rather sign or draft healthier players.

I like MM. I like him when we drafted him. He is a homerun threat, but I think this system doesn't help him. You know how I feel about this offensive system. I would rather sign Turner as an OC. Bring the Air C to NY!!!! That's my 2nd favorite system to the Air Raid!

bigbluedefense
12-04-2011, 11:37 AM
My expectations for this season did a 180 after the Eagles game. I just don't see it this year, it's not our year.

Let's enjoy the ride for what it is, and see what happens. But I'm not expecting much. I just don't think we have the DC to outcoach anyone, and I think our entire team is too finesse to do any damage this season.

scottyboy
12-04-2011, 11:59 AM
guys, our killer b's are back: Boley, Bradshaw and Blackburn. have faith!

Giantsfan1080
12-04-2011, 12:03 PM
guys, our killer b's are back: Boley, Bradshaw and Blackburn. have faith!

I think it's going to be close. My brain says one thing buy my heart says get pumped it's going to be a fun day.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-04-2011, 12:15 PM
I think it's going to be close. My brain says one thing buy my heart says get pumped it's going to be a fun day.

I predict another beat down. I have zero trust in our defense and Fewell now! If it gets ugly early, I expect another, "here we go again" mentality with our defense. I wouldn't be surprised if they quit again. If that happens watch for the crowd to boo and do other stuff. I can see this game getting ugly.

Rosebud
12-04-2011, 02:19 PM

Yeah, I was talking to my friend about this game earlier n she's not into football at all, but as I told her about how we're going to get blown I found myself believing more and more that this is going to be close. God I how we win out our last 4 games.

Giantsfan1080
12-04-2011, 07:14 PM
Well I was right. I'm heartbroken right now though.

BigBlueNorwegian
12-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Well I was right. I'm heartbroken right now though.

I'm not. Actually, this game really encouraged me. Will come back with more thoughts tomorrow because it's two AM over here, but the way the players fought their asses off and played hard all night really encouraged me.

And btw, I remember a certain 38-35 loss to an undefeated team that propelled us towards a pretty great stretch of games :)

Giantsfan1080
12-04-2011, 07:41 PM
I'm not. Actually, this game really encouraged me. Will come back with more thoughts tomorrow because it's two AM over here, but the way the players fought their asses off and played hard all night really encouraged me.

And btw, I remember a certain 38-35 loss to an undefeated team that propelled us towards a pretty great stretch of games :)

The only thing with that was we were in the playoffs already at this point.

BigBlueNorwegian
12-04-2011, 07:53 PM
The only thing with that was we were in the playoffs already at this point.

Yeah, but I'm just trying to stay positive I guess. It's still in our hands. With everyone else in the playoff race losing as well, we are still very much in both the Divisional race and Wildcard race. I think we have a real shot at the playoffs, and once we get in everything can happen.

We've shown we can hang with anyone (except the Saints).

Giantsfan1080
12-04-2011, 07:54 PM
Yeah, but I'm just trying to stay positive I guess. It's still in our hands. With everyone else in the playoff race losing as well, we are still very much in both the Divisional race and Wildcard race. I think we have a real shot at the playoffs, and once we get in everything can happen.

We've shown we can hang with anyone (except the Saints).

Ohh I'm sorry but I'm also positive as anything. Just a win we could have had which would have been amazing. We can beat the Cowboys and the WC opened up again with the way everything fell today.

LTgiants
12-04-2011, 07:57 PM
Even if we make the playoffs we probably wont do anything. Unless Perry Fewell gets abducted by aliens and they re program him into a competent DC. Then maybe we have a shot. That is of course if Gilbride doesn't mess it up which is always possible.

Giantsfan1080
12-04-2011, 08:03 PM
Even if we make the playoffs we probably wont do anything. Unless Perry Fewell gets abducted by aliens and they re program him into a competent DC. Then maybe we have a shot. That is of course if Gilbride doesn't mess it up which is always possible.

I disagree with that. If we did make the playoffs the only 2 teams we would have trouble with are the Saints and Packers.

LTgiants
12-04-2011, 08:12 PM
I disagree with that. If we did make the playoffs the only 2 teams we would have trouble with are the Saints and Packers.

Odds are if we were in would play the Saints in the first round and lose. Or in the event we get a lucky win against a team that isn't the Saints. We would then end up playing the Packers and lose.

Giantsfan1080
12-04-2011, 08:20 PM
Odds are if we were in would play the Saints in the first round and lose. Or in the event we get a lucky win against a team that isn't the Saints. We would then end up playing the Packers and lose.

Geez you're a

http://markfrisk.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/debbie-downer.jpg

Giantsfan1080
12-04-2011, 08:22 PM
Stupid double post.

Jughead10
12-04-2011, 08:31 PM
Just get in. You can't count a loss to the Saints. We'd play either the Lions, Bears, or Falcons at home if we get in. Can we beat those teams? Of couse. And then just go from there.

BloodBrother
12-04-2011, 08:33 PM
Great game guys. Probably the scariest one during this Packers winning streak that dates back to last year. SB was obviously intense but it was never tied. If that went into OT and the Giants won the toss they were taking that game vs the Pack D

still got you guys taking the division. Dallas does not impress me at all. Should have lost last week and lost to the CArds today. Just need to take care of business and win both games vs them. I think the Giants do it

worst game(qb rating wise) for Rodgers this season. Giants and Saints are the 2 teams that worry me heading into the postseason

LTgiants
12-04-2011, 08:34 PM
Geez you're a

http://markfrisk.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/debbie-downer.jpg

Ha. You can call it w/e you want but this team is not that 07 team. Everybody can hang their hats on well we lost 38-35 to the Pats and beat them in the SB if they want. They are two different teams. This team is not as tough as that one. 07 had real leaders on that team especially on D.

That team had a much better DC then this current one does. You really want to see Fewell's 3 man rush get destroyed in the playoffs?

Gilbride called probably the best games of his life then. Do you really have the faith he can do something like that again?

Jughead10
12-04-2011, 08:42 PM
Ha. You can call it w/e you want but this team is not that 07 team. Everybody can hang their hats on well we lost 38-35 to the Pats and beat them in the SB if they want. They are two different teams. This team is not as tough as that one. 07 had real leaders on that team especially on D.

That team had a much better DC then this current one does. You really want to see Fewell's 3 man rush get destroyed in the playoffs?

Gilbride called probably the best games of his life then. Do you really have the faith he can do something like that again?

We had a much better DC looking back. But at week 12-13 in 2007 we didn't know that.

I can point this out a million times, but you never know. A ******* Todd Collins led Redskins team beat us around this time 4 years ago.

Giantsfan1080
12-04-2011, 08:43 PM
I'm not saying we will win the SB if we get in but you just don't know. We certainly have the talent to make a run regardless of our asshole D coordinator. Also, after the last 2 years I just want a playoff game. I miss it.

LTgiants
12-04-2011, 08:47 PM
We had a much better DC looking back. But at week 12-13 in 2007 we didn't know that.

I can point this out a million times, but you never know. A ******* Todd Collins led Redskins team beat us around this time 4 years ago.

I think even with the Todd Collins lose. People felt more confident in Spags then they ever felt about Fewell.

This is not the Knicks where oh yay at least we get to watch the team in the playoffs. I would rather have no playoffs then just to watch my team lose a week later.

Ya anything can happen if we can get in and ya lets have blind optimism when this team has shown you no reason to have any.

Jughead10
12-04-2011, 08:52 PM
I think even with the Todd Collins lose. People felt more confident in Spags then they ever felt about Fewell.

This is not the Knicks where oh yay at least we get to watch the team in the playoffs. I would rather have no playoffs then just to watch my team lose a week later.

Ya anything can happen if we can get in and ya lets have blind optimism when this team has shown you no reason to have any.

**** the Knicks. They're a joke. Just get in. In a one game playoff anything can happen. It's not a best of 7 series.

This game is so fickle. Just think, if Matt Dodge punts the ball out of bounds, the Packers probably don't make the playoffs last year. If that happened, are they even on this run this year? You never know.

Just get in.

Giantsfan1080
12-04-2011, 08:55 PM
**** the Knicks. They're a joke. Just get in. In a one game playoff anything can happen. It's not a best of 7 series.

This game is so fickle. Just think, if Matt Dodge punts the ball out of bounds, the Packers probably don't make the playoffs last year. If that happened, are they even on this run this year? You never know.

Just get in.

Correct you are.

LTgiants
12-04-2011, 09:04 PM

Just get in.

I was not comparing this team to the Knicks. I was comparing GF attitude of I miss having playoff games to that of Knicks fans.

Just get in. Oh come on that is such bs.

We are too inconsistent to believe that in these last couple games which we need bad that we can do it.

What has this team shown to even think that they can do anything if they get in?

Are they going to get a lot of pressure and cause havoc like 07 no.

Are they going to be a good in coverage? probably not.

Are they going to stuff the run? again not likely.

Oh how about actually running the ball well? you think we are going to be able to run like we did today against anybody else?

Giantsfan1080
12-04-2011, 09:06 PM
Did you watch tonight's game? Why we just not capable of beating the best team in the NFL this year?

J-Mike88
12-04-2011, 09:12 PM
You guys deserved to win today.
I'll say it first: We got every single close call today, especially the instant replay reviews.... a couple of those could have gone either way. And they all went our way.

I'd rather face Dallas, Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta in our first playoff game, not you guys again.

Pierre-Paul made Marshall Newhouse like like Tony Marshall today at LT.

LTgiants
12-04-2011, 09:16 PM
Did you watch tonight's game? Why we just not capable of beating the best team in the NFL this year?

Ya I did. We didn't win. Their is no morale victory in losing this game. We played our best and we lost. When your fighting for the division and your playoff chances.

You act like cause we were able to play them close that means we can go on a run based on 07 which is a different team.

This team is soft. I have no faith in them to make a run and why should I?

I want this team to win as much as anybody but to root blindly is just dumb.

They cant stop anybody on defense. Eli is basically carrying the offense on his back cause our run game is awful.

OSUGiants17
12-04-2011, 10:41 PM
It really is sad to watch this team this year, such a good offense, being held back by a mediocre O-Line and playcalling(that 3-and-out when it was 28-27 right before they scored making it 35-27 was pathetic. When Killdrive see's us starting with bad field position he always plays it safe and just tries to gain a few yards to make the punt easier. It seems like everytime we have it behind our own 20 to start the drive he calls 2 plays for no gain then a delayed handoff for like 2 yards, it's like he thinks if we can't get it done on 1st or 2nd why bother going for it on 3rd and it pisses me off so much, it just shows what a puss he is. O **** am I still in parenthesis? Yup) along with a talented defense that also has ****** play calling(that last GB TD Rodgers had literally ALL ******* DAY because Perry rushed 3 and dropped Tuck back into coverage, smh. Like i don't care how good our corners are, they can't shut down the WRs for a full minute without any stopping or pressure on the QB) and somehow always finds a way to blow the coverage and the game, tearing my heart out.

I honestly don't know if I can watch this team anymore, I'm gonna be the first ever non-obese, healthy, 17 year old to have a heart attack if I keep watching them. If we loose next week I give up completely. I already know we won't do anything in the playoffs if we even make it there, our defense just can't close games, we need Eli to score with like 3 seconds left otherwise we're F'd. In a way I hope miss the playoffs though, because it will save me from the misery of losing in gutwrenching fashion after playing our hearts out just to make it to the playoffs and it will also mean that we get rid of these coaches or so I hope. I'm sure some people will think that makes me a "fake fan", but it's actually the opposite, I'm so emotionally attached to this team that I can't stand to see a loss like tonight again, it literally makes me sick to see games like this. I still bleed ******* blue and will root for this team till the day I die, but I just can't stand to see another game like that this year where guys play there best games all year and lose. There are no moral victories in football, I'd rather have awful Tebow-esque stats and a win over record setting stats and a loss.

BaLLiN
12-04-2011, 11:08 PM
1. Greg Jennings did not have a touchdown, that was a bad call.
2. Finley was initiating contact on Williams all day, got some calls his way despite WRAPPING BOTH HANDS AROUND WILLIAMS...offensive pass interference anyone?
3. Driver pushed off of Webster on the second TD catch, refs are you for real?
4. JPP shouldve gotten called for using the center for leverage on the field goal before half.
5. why the hell was blackmon covering Jordy Nelson with 58 seconds left?
6. from what I heard, jake ballard had a touchdown...but i cant find replays

so the way I see it.. we played well, we could've won but our defensive playcall toward the end of the game was pretty bad. Calls did not go our way, and it was disheartening because of how close we came despite them.

Cowboys, Atlanta, Chicago, and Lions lost. This makes it less impactful, but a loss is a loss. We need to win the division in order to have a chance to get to the Superbowl. Playing at Green Bay is sadly a better option than New Orleans. You have to remember, Amukamara is just in his 3rd game, we got blackburn back, and our team is now jelling much better because we suffered a significantly less discouraging loss that shows we have hope.

BigBlueNorwegian
12-05-2011, 06:46 AM
The refs were pretty horrible last night, but I thought Green Bay got some ticky-tack penalties against them as well, so I don't want to give the refs too much of the blame.

But Coughlin did make a horrible decision on the last challenge though. It was at their sideline I think, and it was a clear catch by driver. We wasted a timeout there, and even though it didn't matter in this game, we need all of our timeouts against good teams like this if we are going to win close games in the future.

I played around with the Playoff calculator yesterday to see what it would take for us to get to the playoffs even if we split with the Cowboys.

If the Cowboys split with us, lose to the Eagles(which is still possible IMO, seeing as the games between those teams are always close regardless of records) and win against Tampa, we win the division if we beat the Redskins and Jets. Not sure how or why, but that's what the calculator says.

Now, if the Cowboys doesn't lose against the Eagles, we need to root against the Falcons, Lions and Bears. We have to win tiebreakers against two of them to get a wildcard, if three or more teams end up at 9-7. It seems like there's no possible way to get in this way, at least not that I found (again, not sure why, but the playoff machine says so).

So then we need to hope that at least two of those teams finish 8-8 or worse to get in via a wildcard. I can see the lions struggling mightily with this if both Cutler and Forte remains out for the rest of the season, their remaining schedule looks like this:

@Denver
Seattle
@Green Bay
@Minnesota

Detroit could also struggle, but I think they get to nine wins eventually. This is their remaining schedule:

Minnesota
@Raiders
Chargers
@Green Bay

Atlanta has the easiest schedule of the three of them, but keep in mind three of their remaining four games are divisional matchups, and you never know with those:

@Carolina
Jacksonville
@New Orleans
Tampa Bay

to summarize my thoughts, I think we need to win both games against the Cowboys to have a shot either way. If we don't do that, we're not out of it, but we are going to need a lot of help. It's still in our hands, and I'm encouraged by the way they played last night. Let's just pray that we show the same effort next sunday night. If we don't, I think our season is over. But we don't deserve to get in if we lay a turd next week anyway.

BBN staying positive! :)

bigbluedefense
12-05-2011, 07:41 AM
I agree with LTGiants. They don't give trophies for trying.

Having that said, the division is still there. I have no faith in Perry Fewell moving forward, he's a horrible coordinator.

But whatever, I want to make the playoffs. 3 years in a row is a tough pill to swallow.

Jughead10
12-05-2011, 07:44 AM
I didn't think the refs were that terrible. Although the call on Williams was extremely soft. I will complain about only that one. Triplette is about the worst crew in the NFL though, besides Winter.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-05-2011, 07:46 AM
I agree with LTGiants. They don't give trophies for trying.

Having that said, the division is still there. I have no faith in Perry Fewell moving forward, he's a horrible coordinator.

But whatever, I want to make the playoffs. 3 years in a row is a tough pill to swallow.

Good game! However, it was the end result I expected. Eli and the offense went toe to toe with GB. But Tim Lewis... err.. Perry Fewell screwed this up!!! His defense got bend over! Stupid 3 man rush, AR has all day to find a guy and a TD to Driver with 3 minutes left. I HATE Perry Fewell! 3 man rush, drop 8, and they still blow an assignment! EVERY GAME THERE IS A BLOWN ASSIGNMENT!!

On the otherside, I am impressed with the GB offense obviously! I want a system like that. I am not a fan of ours, but yesterday we had a good day. Props to the offensive staff and players. I am not sold on GB's defense! They got picked a part as well!

I hate Perry Fewell so much!

Jughead10
12-05-2011, 07:48 AM
The 3 man rush was actually fairly effective. We often got pressure with it and at times Rodgers didn't know where to go with the ball, more early on though. The Jordy Nelson play was the backbreaker and he we got pressure and Rodgers just made a great throw.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-05-2011, 07:53 AM
The 3 man rush was actually fairly effective. We often got pressure with it and at times Rodgers didn't know where to go with the ball, more early on though. The Jordy Nelson play was the backbreaker and he we got pressure and Rodgers just made a great throw.

It got picked a part! Maybe once or twice it worked. When we needed it, especially in the red zone it got bend over and penetrated! It's a piss poor call. I get the theory of it. Rush 3, drop 8, but Fewell has to realize those fools blow assignments. So probably a stupid call AND stupid execution. Stop that and make it easier. We blow assignments regularly in this system! Guys are wide open!

He is so bad of a DC I can't fathom him coming back next year! We better fire him!

bigbluedefense
12-05-2011, 07:54 AM
We gave up 31 points on defense. I wouldn't say we were effective.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-05-2011, 07:57 AM

We need to force Coughlin to fire people, or lose his job. How many bad coordinators are we going to suffer through? I am very close to saying clean slate and I am a big TC fan. How do you defend:

Hufagel
Lewis
Sheridan
Fewell

4!!! 4, stupid coordinators!

bigbluedefense
12-05-2011, 08:00 AM
We need to force Coughlin to fire people, or lose his job. How many bad coordinators are we going to suffer through? I am very close to saying clean slate and I am a big TC fan. How do you defend:

Hufagel
Lewis
Sheridan
Fewell

4!!! 4, stupid coordinators!

If Coughlin comes back next year, so will Fewell. That's almost a lock. Nobody is gonna give Fewell the HC gig he wants so bad. No one is that stupid.

Jughead10
12-05-2011, 08:05 AM

It was fairly effective for what it is. Of course I still hate, but I thought it would fare much worse once I saw it being used.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-05-2011, 08:08 AM
If Coughlin comes back next year, so will Fewell. That's almost a lock. Nobody is gonna give Fewell the HC gig he wants so bad. No one is that stupid.

Then click the button for Operation: Clean Slate!

BigBlueNorwegian
12-05-2011, 08:10 AM
It was fairly effective for what it is. Of course I still hate, but I thought it would fare much worse once I saw it being used.

I agree with you. The effort was there from everyone when we rushed just three. On one play in the first half Rodgers couldn't find anyone in 7-10 seconds when we rushed three. Great coverage there, so it can work in certain spots. But we do use it WAY too often though.

Jughead10
12-05-2011, 08:51 AM
Overall I think yesterday was a very good day for us. Heading in, I said I was just wanted to be competitive and show some heart and pride. We did that and then some in my opinion. On top of that all 4 teams we should be concerned with lost (ATL, DET, CHI, and DAL).

scottyboy
12-05-2011, 09:01 AM
here's the thing: we all know the emotional team this is. we could either:
A) take this as a positive and win out and make the playoffs with a new sense of energy and pride
OR
B) roll over in pity, cry, and lose crucial games.

the only thing, if we do win out and make the playoffs, we'd be on a major hot streak, and we know this team can be dangerous when we're on a roll. so we'll see. next week essentially is our season

scottyboy
12-05-2011, 09:07 AM
also, i love chase blackburn
also also, BBD, your boy petrus looked damn good last night

BigBlueNorwegian
12-05-2011, 09:20 AM
here's the thing: we all know the emotional team this is. we could either:
A) take this as a positive and win out and make the playoffs with a new sense of energy and pride
OR
B) roll over in pity, cry, and lose crucial games.

the only thing, if we do win out and make the playoffs, we'd be on a major hot streak, and we know this team can be dangerous when we're on a roll. so we'll see. next week essentially is our season

I agree with you Scotty, and it sounds like the players are leaning towards option A from the quotes I heard out of the locker room yesterday. I think we get on a roll and get into the playoffs, and we'll just have to see what happens from there on out!

also, i love chase blackburn
also also, BBD, your boy petrus looked damn good last night

The line did play better yesterday, Petrus and Boothe are both superior run blockers to the guys that were out(Beatty,Baas). Baas is looking like a very underwhelming signing right now. Boothe is just as good, it seems.

Jughead10
12-05-2011, 09:25 AM
Boothe's shotgun snaps were scaring the crap at me. All really high. I thought he was going to botch one eventually.

Also we may have lost Kenny Phillips for a while. Sprained MCL.

Rosebud
12-05-2011, 09:40 AM
Good game! However, it was the end result I expected. Eli and the offense went toe to toe with GB. But Tim Lewis... err.. Perry Fewell screwed this up!!! His defense got bend over! Stupid 3 man rush, AR has all day to find a guy and a TD to Driver with 3 minutes left. I HATE Perry Fewell! 3 man rush, drop 8, and they still blow an assignment! EVERY GAME THERE IS A BLOWN ASSIGNMENT!!

On the otherside, I am impressed with the GB offense obviously! I want a system like that. I am not a fan of ours, but yesterday we had a good day. Props to the offensive staff and players. I am not sold on GB's defense! They got picked a part as well!

I hate Perry Fewell so much!

lol, you thought we'd get blown out. I'm on the fire Fewell abndwagon though, the 3 man rush was way more effective this game than I thought it would be as we still got pressure a lot of the time we did that and the coverage didn't get beat as readily as when we blitzed, but if you can't crank it up late in a game like this that's a death sentence.

Either way I'm really psyched for next week, this is the type of game that can give our players a lot of positive momentum and that's what we need. Our team isn't very mentally tough if they're down on themselves but show good resilience when they've got a good feeling about themselves. Hopefully this game gives them that self-confidence to toughen up for the stretch.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-05-2011, 10:35 PM
lol, you thought we'd get blown out. I'm on the fire Fewell abndwagon though, the 3 man rush was way more effective this game than I thought it would be as we still got pressure a lot of the time we did that and the coverage didn't get beat as readily as when we blitzed, but if you can't crank it up late in a game like this that's a death sentence.

Either way I'm really psyched for next week, this is the type of game that can give our players a lot of positive momentum and that's what we need. Our team isn't very mentally tough if they're down on themselves but show good resilience when they've got a good feeling about themselves. Hopefully this game gives them that self-confidence to toughen up for the stretch.

Haha i know! I got it half right. I got the they will score points part down, because Fewell stinks! But the offense came to play. apparently on BBI they posted pics showing that Boss did score on that play! I hate blown calls of that magnitude!

Rosebud
12-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Haha i know! I got it half right. I got the they will score points part down, because Fewell stinks! But the offense came to play. apparently on BBI they posted pics showing that Boss did score on that play! I hate blown calls of that magnitude!

...Ballard...

NY+Giants=NYG
12-06-2011, 09:18 AM
http://www.nypost.com/r/nypost/2011/12/05/sports/web_photos/ballard2163748--415x215.jpg

Angle 2:

https://p.twimg.com/Af66yVtCQAAEA_e.jpg

NY+Giants=NYG
12-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Photo indicates refs missed call
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7320704/photo-indicates-refs-missed-call-new-york-giants-loss

bigbluedefense
12-06-2011, 11:18 AM
Don't rub it in NYG. Can we just forget that game and move on? I hate when we lose, all I can think of is the next game every time we lose. I don't read any articles or visit any sites, I go on a football strike until the next Sunday.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Don't rub it in NYG. Can we just forget that game and move on? I hate when we lose, all I can think of is the next game every time we lose. I don't read any articles or visit any sites, I go on a football strike until the next Sunday.

Yeah I hear ya. Well I hate Fewell, and I think we should get used to losing under him. His side of the ball is a mess. Thank god I am not on that offensive staff. I'd be so mad watching that side of the ball stink it up while ours trys like hell to mitigate their stupid play.

JBCX
12-06-2011, 02:13 PM
So if the Giants miss the playoffs for the third straight year in a late-season collapse, does Coughlin get fired?

Damix
12-06-2011, 02:14 PM
I think we all already agreed he'd definitely be fired for missing the playoffs and likely fired if we are eliminated round 1.

BigBlueNorwegian
12-06-2011, 02:37 PM
I think we all already agreed he'd definitely be fired for missing the playoffs and likely fired if we are eliminated round 1.

Somehow I doubt that, especially the part where he's fired if we get into the playoffs and lose in the WC round. I really do think that he will get one more shot even if we don't get into the playoffs. Would I disagree with that decision? Hell yeah. But I'm not sure if he will get fired if we finish for example 9-7 and miss the playoffs.

Giantsfan1080
12-06-2011, 03:00 PM
If we get in and lose in the 1st round Coughlin will stay. The Mara's are very loyal.

bigbluedefense
12-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Didn't they just give him a 1 year extension? I don't see them doing another extension unless he really delivers.

Giantsfan1080
12-06-2011, 03:24 PM
There would be no reason to fire him after a loss in the playoffs.

Jughead10
12-06-2011, 03:26 PM
There would be no reason to fire him after a loss in the playoffs.

It depends. If we potentially lost to a Bears team at home without Cutler, I'd be pissed. Actually any loss at home would be disappointing to the Lions, Bears, Falcons, or Cowboys. We've gone WAY too long without a home playoff win. But we have to get there first.

Giantsfan1080
12-06-2011, 03:26 PM
It depends. If we potentially lost to a Bears team at home without Cutler, I'd be pissed.

We'll see. It'd pretty dumb to speculate at this point anyway. Let's just see how it plays out and then we can argue one way or the other.

BaLLiN
12-06-2011, 03:45 PM
can we not have referees? or if we do, we should have MP and a bunch of other veteran referees looking at replays and they vote on what happened.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-07-2011, 09:02 AM
Giants could be making a move for a much-needed QB

I don't know if Joe Buck was aware of this, but the Giants also lost to the undefeated Patriots in the 2007 regular season before going on to win the Super Bowl. Oh, that's right; it was the only thing he talked about Sunday. Yeah, we all got it, Joe. The only problem with your analogy was the 2007 Giants were good. This current crop has lost four consecutive games and has just as good of a chance of finishing 6-10 than it does at 10-6.

If the Giants do finish in the bottom six, do they finally address their long-standing need for a quarterback? Up next: at Dallas

What in the world?

Jughead10
12-07-2011, 09:07 AM
I can't tell if he was serious or not. He looks like a ******* tool. That's for sure.

Giantsfan1080
12-07-2011, 09:39 AM
I can't tell if he was serious or not. He looks like a ******* tool. That's for sure.

He was being serious. The guys on BBI were going after him on Twitter and he was holding his ground. What a moron.

Damix
12-07-2011, 09:54 AM
Who said that?

Jughead10
12-07-2011, 09:59 AM
Who said that?

Adam Rank of NFL.COM. Never heard of him before. Seems like he is going down the path of a lot of useless analysts by making crazy claims to generate buzz. He seems pretty useless.

bigbluedefense
12-07-2011, 10:04 AM
I don't acknowledge stupidity.

More importantly, how's everyone feeling about Sunday? I just have zero faith in Perry Fewell.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-07-2011, 10:08 AM
He was being serious. The guys on BBI were going after him on Twitter and he was holding his ground. What a moron.

Yeah and someone else was going back and forth on twitter.

LonghornsLegend
12-07-2011, 10:41 AM

Hahahaa your just like me. I don't even come here and comment in our team thread after a loss until a day after. No sportscenter that night or Mike & Mike in the morning.

Anyway should be a great game, both teams are going to play hard, and while you guys don't have confidence in Fewell I can't remember the last time you guys didn't have one of your best defensive games vs us.

Giantsfan1080
12-07-2011, 11:01 AM
I don't acknowledge stupidity.

More importantly, how's everyone feeling about Sunday? I just have zero faith in Perry Fewell.

I honestly have no idea or any inkling on how Sunday will play out. I'm going to be excited for the game and we'll see how it goes. Should be a good one!

Jughead10
12-07-2011, 11:04 AM
I honestly have no idea or any inkling on how Sunday will play out. I'm going to be excited for the game and we'll see how it goes. Should be a good one!

If we play like we did last Sunday, we win. Just hope we play that well.

Giantsfan1080
12-07-2011, 11:14 AM
If we play like we did last Sunday, we win. Just hope we play that well.

True but you just never know with us. Before the game started last week they were panning the Giants sideline and everyone had that look in their eye they were here to take GB down. I'm hoping we see that again Sunday night. I think it'll help we're on the road.

Giantsfan1080
12-07-2011, 11:59 AM
Baas injury is worse than just headaches according to Coughlin and we IR'ed Stacy Andrews and signed Tony Ugoh.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Baas injury is worse than just headaches according to Coughlin and we IR'ed Stacy Andrews and signed Tony Ugoh.

If a center or any OL player grades out I am going big time on OL. Let's get this OL fixed and/or upgraded.

Giantsfan1080
12-07-2011, 01:42 PM
It looked pretty good with Diehl, Petrus, Boothe, Snee, McKenzie. I'm glad it looks like we'll be playing that way the rest of the year most likely. We can throw Cordle and Ugoh out there when we want to go heavy.

scottyboy
12-07-2011, 01:42 PM
we need Baas to pan out at C, because Petrus looked REALLY good and I feel he's our future LG, and we've got Snee. Diehl could be a RT, but we really need OT's

unless we can convert petrus to OC, and have a future OL of LT-Baas-Petrus-Snee-Diehl

Giantsfan1080
12-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Give up the draft for Matt Kalil. Kalil/Petrus/Baas/Snee/Diehl, championship.

bigbluedefense
12-07-2011, 02:19 PM
Yeah, we just need a LT bc Diehl can play RT, and our interior oline looks set. Baas just was killed by injuries this year, I expect him to pick it up next year.

I was really hoping we'd draft a C though, I'm a big fan of the center from Wisconsin or even the Ohio State C. But whatever, we love mediocre Centers. I guess that's our thing.

Our 2009 draft is looking pretty bad:

1. Nicks - great pick
2. Sintim - bust
2. Beatty - bust
3. Beckum - bust
3. Barden - book is still out, I'll give this a C+ for now
4. Brown - bust (not Reese's fault though)
5. Bomar - bust
7. Wright - bust
7. Woodson - bust

I know later round picks aren't busts, but they were still misses. That's a pretty terrible draft class. Especially considering how many picks we had. I recall loving that draft class too. I was estatic at the time, I wanted almost every one of those guys.

bigbluedefense
12-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Hahahaa your just like me. I don't even come here and comment in our team thread after a loss until a day after. No sportscenter that night or Mike & Mike in the morning.

Anyway should be a great game, both teams are going to play hard, and while you guys don't have confidence in Fewell I can't remember the last time you guys didn't have one of your best defensive games vs us.

Like BeerBaron said, watching Fewell's 3 man rushes vs Garret's TE bubble screens will be painful to watch lol.

BaLLiN
12-07-2011, 05:35 PM
Yeah, we just need a LT bc Diehl can play RT, and our interior oline looks set. Baas just was killed by injuries this year, I expect him to pick it up next year.

I was really hoping we'd draft a C though, I'm a big fan of the center from Wisconsin or even the Ohio State C. But whatever, we love mediocre Centers. I guess that's our thing.

Two players i really like on the OL are Reiff (LT from Iowa) and Konz (C from Wisconsin). If we can get a line of:

Reiff-Petrus-Konz-Snee-Diehl

I will be eternally happy. Reiff should be there in mid-round of the 1st, Konz is probably a late first/high second. Give Osi away and get picks, we need to rebuild our DL and OL.

Another thing, we need to stop moving Kiwi back and forth from LB to DE to LB to DE. He is a fricken DE, that's it. He cannot keep up in coverage, and he is best vs. the run when he sets the edge as a DE.

One last thing, why aren't we using Tuck on the interior? that's where he does the most damage. We aren't getting much of any passrush from our DT's.

bigbluedefense
12-08-2011, 10:39 AM
Two players i really like on the OL are Reiff (LT from Iowa) and Konz (C from Wisconsin). If we can get a line of:

Reiff-Petrus-Konz-Snee-Diehl

I will be eternally happy. Reiff should be there in mid-round of the 1st, Konz is probably a late first/high second. Give Osi away and get picks, we need to rebuild our DL and OL.

Another thing, we need to stop moving Kiwi back and forth from LB to DE to LB to DE. He is a fricken DE, that's it. He cannot keep up in coverage, and he is best vs. the run when he sets the edge as a DE.

One last thing, why aren't we using Tuck on the interior? that's where he does the most damage. We aren't getting much of any passrush from our DT's.

The Packer game was actually the first game this whole season where I saw Fewell use a lot of that alignment, where Tuck was UT and Kiwi was LE.

When we were in that package, we got our best pressure vs Rodgers. When we went with our amoeba 3 man front, we weren't as successful.

I just don't understand why he doesn't use that alignment more. I think I saw it about 5 to 7 snaps vs the Packers, and every snap generated pressure.

Yet we barely if ever use that alignment all season. It's really frustrating to think about.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-08-2011, 01:21 PM
Fix your side of the ball BBD! My side, though I am not a fan of our system, has done well. I really can't complain except for a few situational play calling here and there. Fix it!

I really hope we fire Fewell after this season!

Giantsfan1080
12-08-2011, 02:32 PM
This most likely will be a high scoring game again. Both WR corps should be able to eat up the defenses. We just need a way to cover Witten. Hopefully Boley and Phillips play.

Damix
12-08-2011, 02:50 PM
Has Phillips even been practicing? I thought he was out 2-4 weeks.

Jughead10
12-08-2011, 02:53 PM
Has Phillips even been practicing? I thought he was out 2-4 weeks.

He's been jogging on the sideline. He seems to be extremely questionable for the game, but it doesn't seem as bad as originally thought. It's better than him being on a bike.

Giantsfan1080
12-08-2011, 02:59 PM
Yeah it's a small chance that he goes but he's day to day. He'll probably be a game time decision unless he doesn't even make the trip.

LonghornsLegend
12-08-2011, 08:44 PM
This most likely will be a high scoring game again. Both WR corps should be able to eat up the defenses. We just need a way to cover Witten. Hopefully Boley and Phillips play.

Boley really knows how to neutralize Witten, he's a really underrated LB in that sense in that he moves so well in coverage. If he doesn't play that's big. I'd like to think he's healthy enough but it's a hamstring though, you can't expect someone to trot out there and chase a guy around all night without an aggravation.

Jughead10
12-08-2011, 09:21 PM
Boley really knows how to neutralize Witten, he's a really underrated LB in that sense in that he moves so well in coverage. If he doesn't play that's big. I'd like to think he's healthy enough but it's a hamstring though, you can't expect someone to trot out there and chase a guy around all night without an aggravation.

Boley's playing. He played last week without any further setbacks. They are just babying him in practice.

bigbluedefense
12-09-2011, 10:05 AM
Fewell claims injuries are the reason why he's dumbed down and simplified the defense into his basic soft zone crap.

I'm not buying it at all. That's a lame excuse. Losing Goff hurt for sure but our LB core isn't that much different without him. Losing Thomas hurt for sure, but Ross has played admirably in his place all season. And Rolle has done a damn good job in nickel CB.

It's a ton of crap. We could be just as aggressive as we could have been prior to injuries, but he just doesn't want to be.

Giantsfan1080
12-09-2011, 11:07 AM
Fewell claims injuries are the reason why he's dumbed down and simplified the defense into his basic soft zone crap.

I'm not buying it at all. That's a lame excuse. Losing Goff hurt for sure but our LB core isn't that much different without him. Losing Thomas hurt for sure, but Ross has played admirably in his place all season. And Rolle has done a damn good job in nickel CB.

It's a ton of crap. We could be just as aggressive as we could have been prior to injuries, but he just doesn't want to be.

I agree. I meant to bring this same thing up when I read about it a few days ago. He's just making excuses for his crappy defensive sets.

Giantsfan1080
12-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Phillips doubtful for Sunday. Baas and Herzlich out.

bigbluedefense
12-09-2011, 01:54 PM
I wonder if we see some Sashction on Sunday.

Giantsfan1080
12-09-2011, 01:57 PM
I wonder if we see some Sashction on Sunday.

I'd imagine we will. Dallas has a pretty deep corps of WR's plus Witten and the crappy Martellus Bennet.

bigbluedefense
12-09-2011, 02:06 PM
I'd imagine we will. Dallas has a pretty deep corps of WR's plus Witten and the crappy Martellus Bennet.

I really hope we see a lot of Martellus Bennet.

Every time that dude is on the field, bad stuff happens for Dallas. Like the ball bouncing off his face and into a defender kind of bad.

Giantsfan1080
12-09-2011, 02:10 PM
I doubt we do. I think everyone realizes how terrible he is. He's basically their Beckum.

CDCB14
12-10-2011, 01:28 AM
I really hope we see a lot of Martellus Bennet.

Every time that dude is on the field, bad stuff happens for Dallas. Like the ball bouncing off his face and into a defender kind of bad.

Marty B is actually out with a rib injury.

What do you guys think about the game? I personally think the giants with by atleast 10.

With what happened last week and the way the cowboys have been playing, I have no trust in them at all. They could beat anyone in the league or lose to a D2 college team. It's a joke.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-10-2011, 10:05 AM
Damn you Fewell, STOP RUSHING 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is that? More force? Should I yell louder? I am just practicing for the Dallas game!

BaLLiN
12-10-2011, 03:03 PM
Phillips and Osi out per Giants twitter. Like I said before, Osi out is actually a good thing. He overshoots the QB and creates a wide open pocket. Losing Phillips might kill us though, whos gunna play there? Grants playing rover as usual, not sure how i feel about Sash, but he has a knack for causing turnovers...

bigbluedefense
12-10-2011, 04:02 PM
Marty B is actually out with a rib injury.

What do you guys think about the game? I personally think the giants with by atleast 10.

With what happened last week and the way the cowboys have been playing, I have no trust in them at all. They could beat anyone in the league or lose to a D2 college team. It's a joke.

It's very cliche to say, but it really depends on which Tony Romo shows up.

Our defense is going to either look great or look horrible, there's no in btw. I have absolutely no faith in Perry Fewell.

We are the 29th ranked defense in the league. 29th. There is absolutely no excuse for this defense to be that bad. Even with all our injuries, we are more talented than the 29th defense in the league. That's just a testament to how bad Perry Fewell is. On paper, our defense is as talented as any in the league, yet we're the 29th ranked defense in the league? That's just sad.

The key to this game is our defense vs Romo, and our oline vs the Cowboys blitz.

If Romo plays well and your blitzes get there, you win. If Romo buckles under pressure, and we pick up your blitzes, we'll win.

I just hope we can keep it close with the ball in Eli's hands at the end of the game. But I think we lose this game bc it's on the road, no Kenny Phillips, Perry Fewell is a tool, and I think Ryan cooks up some good pressures to confuse our pass protections.

CDCB14
12-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Phillips and Osi out per Giants twitter. Like I said before, Osi out is actually a good thing. He overshoots the QB and creates a wide open pocket. Losing Phillips might kill us though, whos gunna play there? Grants playing rover as usual, not sure how i feel about Sash, but he has a knack for causing turnovers...

That's funny because I live with a Giants fan at school and I told him I was pissed Osi was out lol. That definitely hurts the cowboys.

As for your response BBD, that logic seems pretty sound. I just can't see our secondary stopping Nicks or Cruz. Newman is pathetic right now. Jenkins and Scandrick are better than last year, but Eli always kills us. Always.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-11-2011, 11:44 AM
That's funny because I live with a Giants fan at school and I told him I was pissed Osi was out lol. That definitely hurts the cowboys.

As for your response BBD, that logic seems pretty sound. I just can see our secondary stopping Nicks or Cruz. Newman is pathetic right now. Jenkins and Scandrick are better than last year, but Eli always kills us. Always.

Nobody has stopped Cruz. That's why he is a pubic hair short of taking the total yards lead in the NFC. The guy is in beast mode. If there is one, just one.. special thing about this game it's me looking forward to see how Cruz does this game. Hopefully he can pass megatron and Steve Smith. That would mean # 1 in the NFC and # 2 overall behind Welker in productivity.

If you guys can stop Cruz that would be a very rare thing. Plus your defensive philosophy is stop the most dangerous guy. Well, Eli uses everyone, and always has, so you stop Nicks, Cruz is free. You stop Cruz, Nicks or Mario is free. If you stop both or any 2 Wr, Ballard comes free. If all else fails, we throw to Bradshaw who can make something happen.

That's why Eli is successful without a running game. He distributes the ball to everyone. If you do that someone like Beckum or Barden COULD make a play. Beckum shocked us last game. So you can try to take away someone, but someone else will get fed and be successful.

CDCB14
12-11-2011, 01:34 PM
Nobody has stopped Cruz. That's why he is a pubic hair short of taking the total yards lead in the NFC. The guy is in beast mode. If there is one, just one.. special thing about this game it's me looking forward to see how Cruz does this game. Hopefully he can pass megatron and Steve Smith. That would mean # 1 in the NFC and # 2 overall behind Welker in productivity.

If you guys can stop Cruz that would be a very rare thing. Plus your defensive philosophy is stop the most dangerous guy. Well, Eli uses everyone, and always has, so you stop Nicks, Cruz is free. You stop Cruz, Nicks or Mario is free. If you stop both or any 2 Wr, Ballard comes free. If all else fails, we throw to Bradshaw who can make something happen.

That's why Eli is successful without a running game. He distributes the ball to everyone. If you do that someone like Beckum or Barden COULD make a play. Beckum shocked us last game. So you can try to take away someone, but someone else will get fed and be successful.

I meant can't, not can. I mistyped my post. Our secondary is going to get torched, no doubt about it.

BaLLiN
12-11-2011, 06:13 PM
get your popcorn ready

Giantsfan1080
12-11-2011, 07:18 PM
get your popcorn ready

Don't ever quote a Cowboy before we play them. What the hell is wrong with you?

Damix
12-11-2011, 07:50 PM
Are you kidding me Gilbride, 2 fades (none to your ******* 6-6 reciever) and a draw from the 4?

BaLLiN
12-11-2011, 07:54 PM
Don't ever quote a Cowboy before we play them. What the hell is wrong with you?

well, considering what happened after he did that, I think you will change your opinion. We beat them in the playoffs as we went on to a superbowl...

NY+Giants=NYG
12-11-2011, 08:48 PM
3rd and 4 and we throw 30 yards downfield! Great play call!

BaLLiN
12-11-2011, 08:50 PM
3rd and 4 and we throw 30 yards downfield! Great play call!

i dont mind it, this is why cruz averages about 20 yards on 3rd down catches

Damix
12-11-2011, 08:59 PM
So tired of cover 2

BaLLiN
12-11-2011, 09:00 PM
So tired of cover 2

yep, i don't get it, why allow easy completions down the field?

NY+Giants=NYG
12-11-2011, 09:02 PM
We can't protect ANY lead! NONE! Please fire Fewell!

Damix
12-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Awesome win, but without JPP in beast mode, we lose that game.

scottyboy
12-11-2011, 10:57 PM
unreal. just unreal

Giantsfan1080
12-11-2011, 11:00 PM
unreal. just unreal

I can't believe this ****.

OSUGiants17
12-11-2011, 11:14 PM
JPP I'm so glad we drafted you! I'm sorry I ever complained!

NY+Giants=NYG
12-11-2011, 11:14 PM
Amazing game. It all changed when Romo missed a wide open Austin for the winner. But hey he got his stats! That's when things changed. Eli making throws while getting harrassed, and Romo's big time miss changed things. I still don't know how an aggressive defense got shredded like that. I can understand our defense getting shreded because of PF.

Giantsfan1080
12-11-2011, 11:16 PM
Enjoy this. Eli is sooooooooo good.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-11-2011, 11:18 PM
Clutch, he made his throws when we needed him to.

Giantsfan1080
12-11-2011, 11:21 PM
Clutch, he made his throws when we needed him to.

He always does.

BaLLiN
12-11-2011, 11:31 PM
A few players that should get major credit behind the scenes: D.J. Ware (his blitz pickups were money), Petrus (sparked our run game, no doubt), Boley & Williams (limited Witten all game, that was HUGE)

scottyboy
12-11-2011, 11:39 PM
petrus was awesome tonight. BBD's mancrush is deserving of it

bigbluedefense
12-12-2011, 08:43 AM
petrus was awesome tonight. BBD's mancrush is deserving of it

He's going to be a stud. To be fair though, he missed a # of blocks last night, but I'll chalk that up to growing pains.

Prince on the other hand.....he looks slow. I just don't see us getting any significant contributions from him this year. He looks stiff too.