PDA

View Full Version : New York Giants Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

touchdownmaker
02-06-2012, 09:35 AM
It has been a pleasure to share my passion of the Giants with you guys over the last few years. We come here all the time to discuss how the Giants can build a Championship team through the Draft and Free agency, and now we can sit back and enjoy a Championship team. There will still be tons to talk about because Reese has some tough choices to make this off-season, but pondering those choices wont come with the usual gravity because we have a Super Bowl champion. Enjoy it fellas, I know I will.

noondog
02-06-2012, 09:39 AM
Congrats to the G-Men. Great season.

Damix
02-06-2012, 09:57 AM
Made it to work 2 hours late. Whatever. This might be a gut reaction, but I think we need to resign Mario. If team bracket Cruz like they did last night, Nicks and Mario can't be stopped.

NY+Giants=NYG
02-06-2012, 10:42 AM
I think Mario is too hot and cold. If we can get him in for decent money, cool. He is still a home run talent. If this game gave him a big pay day somewhere else than sign another home run talent in free agency. Keep that model of 3 home run hitters at any given time.

BigBlueNorwegian
02-06-2012, 10:48 AM
I think Mario is too hot and cold. If we can get him in for decent money, cool. He is still a home run talent. If this game gave him a big pay day somewhere else than sign another home run talent in free agency. Keep that model of 3 home run hitters at any given time.

Yeah, I think that is the right way to approach this as well. But I would love to keep Mario here if his demands are not too great.

And we need to keep Terrell Thomas, because I think Ross is probably gone. He's going to get paid more somewhere else, and frankly, he should only be our 4th CB next year if Webster,Amukamara and Thomas all stay healthy.

NY+Giants=NYG
02-06-2012, 11:04 AM
Yeah, I think that is the right way to approach this as well. But I would love to keep Mario here if his demands are not too great.

And we need to keep Terrell Thomas, because I think Ross is probably gone. He's going to get paid more somewhere else, and frankly, he should only be our 4th CB next year if Webster,Amukamara and Thomas all stay healthy.

I agree but we need to see where he is.. he hurt the same knee twice. That's not a good sign. Same with hixon! Last thing i want is to collect injured players. We need to bring in health guys and draft healthy guys and then let whatever happens happens.

gpngc
02-06-2012, 12:17 PM
I love Jerry Reese and Acorsi before him.

bigbluedefense
02-06-2012, 12:25 PM
Re-sign Mario for the right price. I think with so many WRs on the market, we should get him for a good price. So hopefully we re-sign him.

At first I thought we were better off letting him go and bringing Steve back (Stevey <3) bc he's more reliable, but I've realized that our offense is so vertical and having 3 deep threats makes it so much more dangerous. We have to have those 3 deep threats. It's what makes our offense tick.

Plus chemistry and cohesion are so important in this sytem. It's a system that takes years to master and chemistry btw WR and Qb is essential to it's success. So keeping Mario and keeping that chemistry is important.

NY+Giants=NYG
02-06-2012, 12:26 PM
I never was a fan of the wig, but good lord, his all in move to go after Eli, is making my opinion of him better and better. I have to give props to the wig, for his boner for Eli. He saw something and went after him.

bigbluedefense
02-06-2012, 12:27 PM
Also, as much as we dislike him at times, we're married to Kevin Gilbride. It's the only offense Eli knows, there's no way you get rid of the system or Gilbride now. He's gotta be our OC as long as Eli is our qb, which means Gilbride will be our OC for a long long time.

He's not an awful OC. He's hot and cold, he's brilliant at times, he's awful at times. I also feel that we just play better when Eli runs the show. But it's still the only system Eli knows. You gotta keep it. Him and Gilbride have been working for too long to blow it up now.

We just have to draft players that fit the system. That's all.

bigbluedefense
02-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Btw, Chase Blackburn is one of my top 5 favorite Giants of all time. Love him. We better bring him back. Should have never let him go. He's always been a great backup and great special teamer.

scottyboy
02-06-2012, 12:32 PM
we also need to give Chase Blackburn a 10 year contract. No, but seriously

WE POSTED AT THE SAME TIME BBD!

My love of Chase Blackburn has been well documented here and my god I love the guy. He's up there with me as well. He might be #3 behind Armstead and Strahan. seriously

NY+Giants=NYG
02-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Also, as much as we dislike him at times, we're married to Kevin Gilbride. It's the only offense Eli knows, there's no way you get rid of the system or Gilbride now. He's gotta be our OC as long as Eli is our qb, which means Gilbride will be our OC for a long long time.

He's not an awful OC. He's hot and cold, he's brilliant at times, he's awful at times. I also feel that we just play better when Eli runs the show. But it's still the only system Eli knows. You gotta keep it. Him and Gilbride have been working for too long to blow it up now.

We just have to draft players that fit the system. That's all.

No, but the situational play calling is beyond frustrating! Stop with the god damn draws please! can we throw the ball in the red zone and actually have an aggressive killer instinct? I like our passing concepts in general but I always hated our situational play calling!!

bigbluedefense
02-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Twins!!!

It still hasn't hit me yet. Like, when we won in 07 I was on cloud 9. This one feels different. It's almost like I feel like I was expecting this 2nd one. I went nuts, don't get me wrong, but it just hasn't hit me yet.

And I feel like Eli has 1 more SB left in him. He's 31, he has anywhere from 5 to 7 years left in him (knock on wood), he has 1 more SB in him.

Cherish the moment guys. It's so damn hard to win a SB, and we've had the privalege of watching 2 in 4 years. We won't have these opportunities forever. Enjoy it.

bigbluedefense
02-06-2012, 12:40 PM
No, but the situational play calling is beyond frustrating! Stop with the god damn draws please! can we throw the ball in the red zone and actually have an aggressive killer instinct? I like our passing concepts in general but I always hated our situational play calling!!

I hear you. I'm not the biggest fan in the world with it either. But ****, we won 2 SBs. What more do you want from the guy? Nobody is perfect. Let the other offenses rack up stats, I could care less. I want SBs. And Gilbride helped bring us 2 in 4 years.

Whatever he's doing, it's working.

D-Unit
02-06-2012, 12:47 PM
Congrats on hitting it BIG yesterday guys! ...and when I say big, I mean BIIIIIIG!!!!

Guess what... remember when I said that you guys didn't reach the ultimate goal when you won your Super Bowl a few years ago? I was right then. ...and I'm right now, and I think you guys will see it more clearly too... with yesterday's win, you achieved ultimate NFL greatness. You are not just a one and done, one hit wonder that will quickly be forgotten. But rather, you achieved DYNASTY status. This team has earned their way into belonging in the same aire as the great dynasties of NFL lore. ...and it may not stop here, which is the amazing thing! Congratulations on reaching the top.

NY+Giants=NYG
02-06-2012, 01:18 PM
I can't believe we are 1 SB behind Dallas. When I used to look at Dallas's 5 SB it seemed like a HUGE lead when we had 2. Not that I was comparing, but just marveled at Dallas's success. 5 is so much! Damn that's a lot. Now we have 4 which I am so happy we have. That's a lot of super bowls especially now winning 2 in the free agency era where there are no dynasties and both conferences are closer in talent than pre free agency era.

NY+Giants=NYG
02-06-2012, 01:20 PM
I hear you. I'm not the biggest fan in the world with it either. But ****, we won 2 SBs. What more do you want from the guy? Nobody is perfect. Let the other offenses rack up stats, I could care less. I want SBs. And Gilbride helped bring us 2 in 4 years.

Whatever he's doing, it's working.

Yeah very true. But at the time, my dad and I were screaming at the tv! I told my dad, watch the draw, and boom draw to bradshaw going no where. That drives me bonkers! I am glad we have 2 SBs, very, very, happy! I just feel if we tweaked some stuff we could really be that much more lethal. I guess self scouting and fine tunning things.

bigbluedefense
02-06-2012, 01:33 PM
Any guesses on who the 3 guys will be on America's Game?

I think Tuck is a lock to be 1 of the 3. The other 2, I'm not sure. Could be Cruz, Rolle, Gilbride, Bradshaw, Diehl, maybe Osi.

Tuck is a lock to be 1 of the 3 though.

BigBlueNorwegian
02-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Any guesses on who the 3 guys will be on America's Game?

I think Tuck is a lock to be 1 of the 3. The other 2, I'm not sure. Could be Cruz, Rolle, Gilbride, Bradshaw, Diehl, maybe Osi.

Tuck is a lock to be 1 of the 3 though.

Thought about this myself today as well. I think Tuck and Cruz are locks. The NFL seems to LOVE the Victor Cruz experience, and rightly so. The third can really be anyone, but me personally, I'm hoping it's Rolle.

bigbluedefense
02-06-2012, 01:41 PM
Random thought: I'd love to see us wear the 80s throwback jerseys this season for a couple of games.

I loved the 80s road whites. And the deep blue helmet that essentially looked black.

touchdownmaker
02-06-2012, 01:58 PM
Thought about this myself today as well. I think Tuck and Cruz are locks. The NFL seems to LOVE the Victor Cruz experience, and rightly so. The third can really be anyone, but me personally, I'm hoping it's Rolle.

I agree. I would love to hear from Rolle. He was the vocal leader we have been craving. Osi is a leader too, but the injuries and the contract dispute really muted his ability to lead. It seems that he bought into TC's style which helped forge the team. TC said in an interview last week, that Antrelle was telling the others that TC's style has worked so they should listen.

TC won his team over in 2007, but there are a lot of new faces so Rolle being apart of that new crew, I think played a part in getting those guys to buy in.

touchdownmaker
02-06-2012, 02:25 PM
I am also excited to see how next year's defense is going to look. We have Marvin Austin aka Mr. 3 Tech. and Prince with a full off-season under his belt. Like mentioned earlier, you pair that with TT and you have something there. Boy would I like a Mike, but Whatever.....maybe Taz drops to us....I hope I hope I Hope.

bigbluedefense
02-06-2012, 02:28 PM
I really want Lofton in FA. It would open up the draft for us in so many ways. I feel that Lofton is better than every MIKE prospect in this draft anyway outside of Keuchly. Heck, even Luke is probably going to wind up being no better than Lofton with his ceiling anyway.

scottyboy
02-06-2012, 02:29 PM
just decided i'm skipping classes tomorrow to go to the parade

yeahhhh big bue!!!

touchdownmaker
02-06-2012, 02:39 PM
I really want Lofton in FA. It would open up the draft for us in so many ways. I feel that Lofton is better than every MIKE prospect in this draft anyway outside of Keuchly. Heck, even Luke is probably going to wind up being no better than Lofton with his ceiling anyway.

Yeah Lofton would be great, but do you see the Falcons letting him go? Do you think we have space to bring him in? Reese has some choices to make. Luck for him he has the cover of another Super Bowl ring.

NY+Giants=NYG
02-06-2012, 03:09 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/4vo94z.jpg

HAHAH!

BradysKnee
02-06-2012, 03:19 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/4vo94z.jpg

HAHAH!

That's funny. Even though you guys beat us often I respect/don't hate the Giants. The Eagles on the other hand I have no respect for, like the jets.

bigbluedefense
02-06-2012, 03:30 PM
That's funny. Even though you guys beat us often I respect/don't hate the Giants. The Eagles on the other hand I have no respect for, like the jets.

Good game. I respect the Pats as well. I probably would have rooted for the Pats if the Giants didn't play them bc of the Bellichick tree and it's ties to the Giants organization. The Pats are a classy franchise too, which I respect.

We can all laugh at Philly. Philly is always good for a chuckle.

NY+Giants=NYG
02-06-2012, 05:16 PM
http://www.charged.fm/blog/post/1463/eli-manning-according-to-ernie-accorsi-in-2002

Eli Manning 2002 scouting report by EA.

Manning during his junior season at Ole Miss. Eli played Auburn that day in 2002. It reads:

Wears left knee brace… During pregame warmup, didn't look like he had a rocket arm… As game progressed, I saw excellent arm strength under pressure and the ability to get velocity on the ball on most throws. Good deep ball range. Good touch. Good vision and poise.

Sees the field… In shotgun on most plays and his only running option is a draw… his offensive line is poor. Red-shirt freshman left tackle. Eli doesn't trust his protection. Can't. No way he can take any form of a deep drop and look downfield. With no running game (10 yards rushing the first half) and no real top receivers, he's stuck with the three-step drops and waiting til the last second to see if a receiver can get free. No tight end either. No flaring back. So he's taking some big hits. Taking them well. Carried an overmatched team entirely on his shoulders. I imagine, except for Vanderbilt, his team is overmatched in every SEC game… He's big, never gets rattled. Rallied his team from a 14-3 halftime deficit basically all by himself. Led them on two successive third quarter drives to go ahead, 17-16. The first touchdown, a 40-yard streak down the left sideline, he dropped the ball over the receiver's right shoulder. Called the next touchdown pass himself, checking off to a 12-yard slant… Makes a lot of decisions on play calls at the line of scrimmage, but they ask too much of him. They don't just let him play. This is a guy you should just let play… When he's inaccurate, he's usually high, but rarely off target to either side… Plays smart and with complete confidence. Doesn't scold his teammates, but lets them know when they line up wrong or run the wrong pattern… Threw three interceptions. Two were his fault. Trying to force something both times. He could have run on one of them, a fourth down play. He has a lot to learn.

Summary: I think he's the complete package. He's not going to be a fast runner, but a little like Joe Montana, he has enough athletic ability to get out of trouble. Remember how Archie ran? In that department, Eli doesn't have the best genes, although I never timed mom Olivia in the 40. But he has a feel for the pocket. Feels the rush.

Throws the ball, takes the hit, gets right back up… Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic. As [former Baltimore Colts defensive back] Bobby Boyd told me once about Unitas, “Two things set him apart: his left testicle and his right testicle.”... Peyton had much better talent around him at Tennessee. But I honestly give this guy a chance to be better than his brother. Eli doesn't get much help from the coaching staff. If he comes out early, we should move up to take him. These guys are rare, you know.

Ernie Accorsi

It's funny, I never was a fan of EA. But because he went ALL IN with Eli, and Eli, right now is a stock. We invested in this stock, that EA found, and we are getting the benefits. So my view of EA has really gone up! I never liked him, but more and more, his All IN move is amazing!

Giantsfan1080
02-06-2012, 10:45 PM
Just got back from the game. I paid soooo much money for tickets but I was twenty rows off the field. We ******* did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigbluedefense
02-07-2012, 07:30 AM
Just got back from the game. I paid soooo much money for tickets but I was twenty rows off the field. We ******* did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woah dude, those tickets must have cost a fortune!

bigbluedefense
02-07-2012, 10:36 AM
I'm looking at the FA WR class, and it's pretty deep. I think we should be able to afford Mario. If not, we have options.

Lloyd knows how to play in the Run n Shoot, he did it under McDaniels. Stevie Johnson is another Run n Shoot vet in Buffalo, Laurent Robinson isn't experienced in the Run N Shoot but I like his physical attributes.

We have options.

Jughead10
02-07-2012, 10:42 AM
I'm looking at the FA WR class, and it's pretty deep. I think we should be able to afford Mario. If not, we have options.

Lloyd knows how to play in the Run n Shoot, he did it under McDaniels. Stevie Johnson is another Run n Shoot vet in Buffalo, Laurent Robinson isn't experienced in the Run N Shoot but I like his physical attributes.

We have options.

Steve Smith too. Plax has also made comments that sounds like he still wants to come back although I don't want him.

Also Weatherford said on the radio this morning, that they've already begun working on the details of a new contract and he will be back.

bigbluedefense
02-07-2012, 10:45 AM
Steve Smith too. Plax has also made comments that sounds like he still wants to come back although I don't want him.

Also Weatherford said on the radio this morning, that they've already begun working on the details of a new contract and he will be back.

Weatherford is a must re-sign. I'd prefer a deep threat type of WR bc we learned this year how much more potent our offense is when we have 3 WRs who can go deep.

But I love Stevey so I'd welcome him back with open arms. I wouldn't mind Plax but I probably don't want him.

I think Barden needs to go. Enough with that guy. I'm done with Barden. He can't even play special teams, what's the point of carrying a 4th WR who doesn't play special teams who doesn't ever get any playing time who is constantly injured? He needs to go.

BaLLiN
02-07-2012, 10:47 AM
I like Lloyd a lot, but I think we have less of a chance of getting him than resigning Mario and with the chemistry that Eli and Mario have developed especially near the endzone I will take him over Lloyd.

NY+Giants=NYG
02-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Cruz has turned into a superstar! They had salsa dancers on stage before the team came out, teaching the crowd. As soon as he walks up, the crowd goes wild, and he and Strahan both doing the dance.

He really has brought that latin pride back and turned into a star. It really is amazing to see.

BaLLiN
02-07-2012, 02:06 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d826ba23a/article/giants-wr-manningham-de-umenyiora-address-future-with-team?module=HP11_headline_stack

Why not add to our happiness? :)

Jughead10
02-07-2012, 02:27 PM
We need TEs. Can't assume Ballard or Beckum will be back at all next year.

NY+Giants=NYG
02-07-2012, 07:26 PM
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj96/tspicchiali/512367437.jpg

Sooo beautiful!

bigbluedefense
02-08-2012, 07:34 AM
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj96/tspicchiali/512367437.jpg

Sooo beautiful!

I think that's gonna be my new sig. Not that it matters since I've turned sigs and avis off bc all the horndogs on here make this forum nsfw unless I turn that off, but still.

That's gonna be the new sig.

Giantsfan1080
02-08-2012, 08:27 AM
Man what an insane last 6 days. Can't wait to get into the nitty gritty of the offseason especially with all the FA's we have. Reese and Co. have some major decisions ahead again like usual.

Rosebud
02-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Weatherford and TT are the only two guys that I'd be legitimately pissed if we couldn't retain. If Ross or Manningham are ready to come back for the pricetag a third receiver and nickelback should draw, but since both could start on many other teams I don't expect them to be back.

McKenzie's a thousand years old so he's another guy I don't mind seeing go. Tollefson I'd bring back for the minimum for depth, same for Bernard, Grant, Chase, Goff, Devin Thomas, Carr and Tryon. If any of them want more than a minimal contract let them go, but I don't think there'll be much money spent on these depth and special teams guys.

I'm liking the idea of bringing in Laurent Robinson, Bennett and Lofton. As there doesn't seem to be any good OTs available in FA, Robinson could give us that explosive third receiver like Stallworth was supposed to be for Moss and Welker, and then when he gets hurt we have our bevy of young receivers we've been developing. Bennett just might learn something under Pope, and if not will at least be a good blocker that Eli occasionally makes serviceable.

Lofton is the big target this offseason, he's the only young guy out there that could come in and eliminate a big need, like Boley, Rolle and Canty before him I think he would be a great addition to our defense that gave it a smart starter in the middle that can stay on the field on passing downs. Signing lofton would be huge since it'd free us up to go BPA in the draft if a worthy OT isn't available in the first round.

bigbluedefense
02-08-2012, 09:52 AM
With TE suddenly becoming a major need, I wonder if we push back our issues at oline in the draft.

Do we give Beatty another year to prove himself? (I hope not, but you never know).

Do we give Brewer a shot at RT?

Do we keep Diehl at LT? Do we move him to RT and go after a LT in the draft?

Are we stuck with Baas? (ugh)

Our oline and how we address it will be the major factor in how we approach this offseason. Do they feel comfortable with our unit and just hope chemistry fixes our problems next year? Or do we look for upgrades?

bigbluedefense
02-08-2012, 09:53 AM
Weatherford and TT are the only two guys that I'd be legitimately pissed if we couldn't retain. If Ross or Manningham are ready to come back for the pricetag a third receiver and nickelback should draw, but since both could start on many other teams I don't expect them to be back.

McKenzie's a thousand years old so he's another guy I don't mind seeing go. Tollefson I'd bring back for the minimum for depth, same for Bernard, Grant, Chase, Goff, Devin Thomas, Carr and Tryon. If any of them want more than a minimal contract let them go, but I don't think there'll be much money spent on these depth and special teams guys.

I'm liking the idea of bringing in Laurent Robinson, Bennett and Lofton. As there doesn't seem to be any good OTs available in FA, Robinson could give us that explosive third receiver like Stallworth was supposed to be for Moss and Welker, and then when he gets hurt we have our bevy of young receivers we've been developing. Bennett just might learn something under Pope, and if not will at least be a good blocker that Eli occasionally makes serviceable.

Lofton is the big target this offseason, he's the only young guy out there that could come in and eliminate a big need, like Boley, Rolle and Canty before him I think he would be a great addition to our defense that gave it a smart starter in the middle that can stay on the field on passing downs. Signing lofton would be huge since it'd free us up to go BPA in the draft if a worthy OT isn't available in the first round.

Bennett is garbage and will never amount to anything in this league. I don't want that attitude in our lockerroom. Let him underachieve and rot away somewhere else.

Giantsfan1080
02-08-2012, 10:27 AM
No Martellus please. I wouldn't mind bringing Schiancoe back

Also, Diehl played almost all year with a broken hand so we might see some improvement from him next year. I'd be fine sticking with the same group for one more year if we can get McKenzie back for a year or two for depth purposes.

Jughead10
02-08-2012, 10:31 AM
With TE suddenly becoming a major need, I wonder if we push back our issues at oline in the draft.

Do we give Beatty another year to prove himself? (I hope not, but you never know).

Our oline and how we address it will be the major factor in how we approach this offseason. Do they feel comfortable with our unit and just hope chemistry fixes our problems next year? Or do we look for upgrades?

We are stuck with Baas. His contract was fairly significant. If we can get a center, I wonder if he would be better a guard.

Giantsfan1080
02-08-2012, 10:33 AM
Baas was hurt a lot of the year also and had to learn a new system with hardly any offseason. I think one more year at C and he'll new more than fine.

bigbluedefense
02-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Baas sucks. It's not even a chemistry thing. The guy routinely got destroyed in the run game, can't seal a block, average in pass protection. He's just a mediocre player that's half decent in pass pro and awful in the run game.

That was a bad signing. We're stuck with a mediocre player.

Jughead10
02-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Baas sucks. It's not even a chemistry thing. The guy routinely got destroyed in the run game, can't seal a block, average in pass protection. He's just a mediocre player that's half decent in pass pro and awful in the run game.

That was a bad signing. We're stuck with a mediocre player.

I agree. He's slow off the snap. Never gets a push. I wonder if playing guard would help him though. He can get off the snap faster.

Rosebud
02-08-2012, 11:51 AM

I still don't think TE is that high profile a need. Since Shockey what's the most value we've placed on a TE? Kevin Boss in the 5th round of the draft? I think we sign a good blocking guy in FA and bring in a rookie somewhere, could be early if there's no OTs or MIKEs available, but could be in the mid rounds to.

I think we let McKenzie go, look at a reclamation project guy in FA to compete, like Otah if Carolina cuts him, and then draft someone since this draft has a few really intriguing tackles that would be the BPA if they're available at our picks. Then we can go into the summer with Diehl, Beatty, Brewer, Rookie and a FA battling for time.

And yes we're stuck with Baas. Between his contract, the lack of an offseason and his injuries in year one, there's no way we give up on him now. He'll get at least one more year and if he stays healthy I think he'll stay for the rest of his contract. He's better run blocker than we saw this season and he is a bright guy.

Bennett is garbage and will never amount to anything in this league. I don't want that attitude in our lockerroom. Let him underachieve and rot away somewhere else.

*shrug* he's a guy who can be a great blocker with the tools for Pope to work with if he comes in humbled and goes to work. I mean plenty of guys have had the light go on and start working hard once they were forced to elave the team that drafted them and earn a spot somewhere. Hell look at our own team for guys like Devin Thomas and Michael Boley, those guys realized they needed to move past their childish character issues and work hard, so that's what they did. If Bennett sounds like he's come to a similar epiphany I'd give him a shot to prove it in camp. Not like we need much more than blocking from our TEs anyway or it'd keep us from spending money elsewhere or drafting a TE. Rookie, Pascoe, Bennett with Ballard and Beckum on PUP sounds pretty solid to me.

Damix
02-08-2012, 12:08 PM
I'm all for a reclamation project at OT. 1 of Otah, Jason Smith, McNeil or Gaither depending on the contracts they'd get. If we sign the last 2, let them compete with Beatty for LT and move Diehl to RT. If we sign the first 2, let Beatty and Diehl compete for LT and the loser competes with the FA for RT. Brewer I'm assuming is not yet ready to start.

bigbluedefense
02-08-2012, 12:26 PM
Let's just draft a guy. Realistically, we're not addressing our interior OL. We'll roll with Baas, start Petrus and Snee. My desire for Konz is probably a pipedream anyway. I see the Ravens taking him.

Use Boothe as the guy who can fill in btw when injuries happen.

Which means we just need an OT. Whether it's a LT or RT is irrelevant, if it's a LT we move Diehl to RT. If it's a RT he replaces McKenzie.

Which means our 3 biggest needs: MIKE, OT, and TE can all be addressed in the first 3 rounds which is good enough.

Our desire of a RB can be addressed later in the draft, that 3rd WR can be had in FA, so we're looking pretty good as long as they stick to the plan, don't overpay to keep certain guys, and just draft well.

We'll be ok.

Damix
02-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Do you think we'd let a rookie play OT? If all you do is draft an OT, you're looking at Beatty LT, Diehl RT and Brewer as the swing. Unlike you, I'm actually fine with those 2 starting, but thats not the depth I want.

NY+Giants=NYG
02-08-2012, 01:45 PM
One Giant Leap For Manningkind
Pitted once more against the favored and flashy Patriots, Eli Manning and Big Blue proved superior on the biggest stage with a pulse-pounding victory in Super Bowl XLVI that will echo all the way to Canton
DAMON HACK

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1194744/1/index.htm

Giantsfan1080
02-08-2012, 02:27 PM
I don't think that this has still hit me yet. Just an incredible run again and I'm glad I got to share it with my fellow Giants fans here.

OSUGiants17
02-08-2012, 08:19 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/waojd2.png

Made a new wall to honor this incredible run

NY+Giants=NYG
02-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Brady on the JPP pat down.

"It's like throwing in a forest. Those guys arms are like ::Brady shakes head::"

On Boothe's holding penalty. R said to the guy, are you sure with that? It looked like he rolled off.

other judge sticks with it. penalty is called, and Coughlin wants to know why. so ref and that judge go up to Wilfork and ask if he flopped or was it a call. Wilfork said it was a bad call. Says if they miss one he will let them know, but the call was a bad one on Boothe.

OSUGiants17
02-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Those arms are so damn long lol

Giantsfan1080
02-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Not a shocker but Cruz wants to get a new contract already. It'll be interesting to see the deal they work out. He's obviously severely underpaid but he's still only has 1 year under his belt at this level.

Rosebud
02-09-2012, 01:41 PM
I'm all for a reclamation project at OT. 1 of Otah, Jason Smith, McNeil or Gaither depending on the contracts they'd get. If we sign the last 2, let them compete with Beatty for LT and move Diehl to RT. If we sign the first 2, let Beatty and Diehl compete for LT and the loser competes with the FA for RT. Brewer I'm assuming is not yet ready to start.

Are the Rams really going to cut Jason Smith? He looked like he was really coming into his own last year at RT. With his length, feet and nastiness I thought they had a great one on their hands. I know he sucked a lot more this year but are they really thinking about cutting him? If so he becomes my third favorite Free Agent for our team, since he'd probably come for dirt cheap if he gets cut by the tackle needy rams.

Rosebud
02-09-2012, 01:44 PM
I don't think that this has still hit me yet. Just an incredible run again and I'm glad I got to share it with my fellow Giants fans here.

Between this and the non-sense that is Jeremy Lin, I'm starting to think that Tim Tebow may have actually broken reality.

Giantsfan1080
02-10-2012, 01:44 PM
The Bucs are interviewing Mike Sullivan for their OC position. I'd hate to see him go since he's done great work with the WR's and Eli.

bigbluedefense
02-10-2012, 01:53 PM
Let's hope he doesn't get it. Running a run n shoot with Josh Freeman would be a disaster for that team anyway. They need a simpler offense.

Giantsfan1080
02-10-2012, 02:25 PM
Just to take what you said that in the Cowboys thread. Could you imagine how scary our D would be with Tuck, Williams, JPP, and Kiwi all lining up.

Also, I wanted to point how that Linval was a monster in the playoffs. I really think he might become a top 10 DT by next yr.

bigbluedefense
02-10-2012, 02:30 PM
Yeah Linval really grew throughout the season. It's funny how I think most of us expected more out of Joseph this year than JPP, bc he was less raw, but it turned out JPP developed quicker than Joseph.

I think next year he'll be much better. He's never played this many snaps in a season, and I think his body wasn't ready for it. Now with some improved technique, and a whole season worth of snaps I think Joseph can really improve his game.

Technique is still his biggest determent. He relies on his strength too much, but you can see him using more technique later in the year.

If we somehow landed Mario Williams, David Stern would void the move. That would be unfair.

Giantsfan1080
02-10-2012, 02:33 PM
It would be unfair but I can dream.

bigbluedefense
02-10-2012, 02:35 PM
Let's just hope he doesn't become a Cowboy. Knowing the NFC East though...he's gonna become a Cowboy.

It's just a typical NFC East move. Every time a stud FA is on the market, it seems like he goes to one of our division rivals.

And in a copy cat league, I can totally see Jerry breaking the bank to have a killer dline of his own to compete against ours. The Giants and Eagles in his own division are 2 of the top 3 sacking dlines in the league statistically this year. You know Jerry is gonna make a play to even the playing field within the division.

Giantsfan1080
02-10-2012, 02:52 PM
I could definitely see it as well. Let's hope he doesn't like Texas anymore after being in Houston his whole career.

BigBlueNorwegian
02-10-2012, 02:58 PM
The Bucs are interviewing Mike Sullivan for their OC position. I'd hate to see him go since he's done great work with the WR's and Eli.

Damn, that's bad news. He did a wonderful job with Eli this year,and our recievers prior years. He's probably going to get the gig as well, because Tampa has tried to hire just about everyone with an offensive coaching position prior to asking him, and failed.

bigbluedefense
02-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Has the Superbowl DVD come out yet? I want to see it so bad.

It still hasn't hit me that we won the SB. This time it feels different. It's hard to explain.

bigbluedefense
02-10-2012, 03:13 PM
I've been trying to make sense of it. I think the reason why this one feels different is bc of the 07 SB. The 07 SB was about as emotional of a sports high that you will ever have in your life. Not only was the ride as wild as they come but how it happened, the teams we beat, and the ending of winning what was probably the greatest SB ever against an undefeated team when absolutely no one thought you'd win...there's just no way to quantify that feeling. And the fact that it happened only 4 years ago, I think that takes away some of the high of this SB win.

Don't get me wrong, I think I speak for all of us when I say I'm euphoric that we won the SB, but it doesn't have the same "holy **** we won the ******* SB!" type of feeling that 07 had.

I think it's bc it was only 4 years after witnessing what was probably the greatest emotional high a sports fan can ever have.

Jughead10
02-10-2012, 03:20 PM
I've been trying to make sense of it. I think the reason why this one feels different is bc of the 07 SB. The 07 SB was about as emotional of a sports high that you will ever have in your life. Not only was the ride as wild as they come but how it happened, the teams we beat, and the ending of winning what was probably the greatest SB ever against an undefeated team when absolutely no one thought you'd win...there's just no way to quantify that feeling. And the fact that it happened only 4 years ago, I think that takes away some of the high of this SB win.

Don't get me wrong, I think I speak for all of us when I say I'm euphoric that we won the SB, but it doesn't have the same "holy **** we won the ******* SB!" type of feeling that 07 had.

I think it's bc it was only 4 years after witnessing what was probably the greatest emotional high a sports fan can ever have.

Absolutely agree. Plus 4 years ago was the first real championship we all experienced in football depending how old you are. I remember watching Norwood wide right but I was 7, so it's not the same.

It's kind of like if the Cubs ever won the World Series. The emotion and excitement they would feel will be better than any other baseball fan could possibly even imagine.

bigbluedefense
02-10-2012, 03:24 PM
Absolutely agree. Plus 4 years ago was the first real championship we all experienced in football depending how old you are. I remember watching Norwood wide right but I was 7, so it's not the same.

It's kind of like if the Cubs ever won the World Series. The emotion and excitement they would feel will be better than any other baseball fan could possibly even imagine.

Yeah that was my first real SB as well. I think I was in 1st or 2nd grade when the Giants won in 1990. It wasn't the same.

I remember watching the SB DVD literally 50 times that offseason (07). This offseason feels more like a business as usual offseason.

It's almost like I expected this 2nd SB. In fact, I felt like we had a SB caliber team for the past 4 years heading into the regular season. The 1st one came out of nowhere.

Giantsfan1080
02-10-2012, 03:37 PM
Yea I agree with everything you guys said as well. The only thing I remember from the 90's SB is watching the missed FG with my dad and then making an Ellio's pizza right after. I was 7 years old at the time.

Giantsfan1080
02-10-2012, 03:38 PM

Or when Rutgers won against Louisville in '06. Rutgers never experienced anything close to that ever. It's also quite possible we never do again.

Giantsfan1080
02-10-2012, 03:59 PM
2 other assistants possibly leaving as well. Jack Bicknell Jr. the assistant OL coach is interviewing with the Chiefs for their OL coach spot. Also, Giants defensive assistant Al Holcomg is going to West Virginia to be the DL coach.

NY+Giants=NYG
02-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Tebowing before Tebow made it popular.

https://p.twimg.com/Ai2RY1bCMAAScz_.jpg:large

DI
02-13-2012, 11:51 AM
So apparently Brandon Jacobs will be attending TNA Impact Wrestling tapings tonight and getting in the ring and getting involved somehow with Kurt Angle. Am I wrong in not feeling bad if Brandon were to suffer an injury that were to allow a contract void?

bigbluedefense
02-13-2012, 12:11 PM
I want Moss. I want Randy Moss. I don't care. Blah blah blah. I WANT RANDY MOSS.

Randy 1 on 1 running 9 routes all game bc everybody has to double both Nicks and Cruz? I just drooled.

I want Randy Moss. Look, the chances of repeating are slim to none anyway in today's NFL. If the Packers couldn't do it this year, nobody can. So why not enjoy some Eli to Moss action for a year?

Ever since we drafted Eli I wanted Randy Moss. Hell, even before that. He's my favorite offensive player to ever play the game.

I WANT RANDY MOSS.

Giantsfan1080
02-13-2012, 01:10 PM
Huge pass and I'm also a big Moss fan. Washed up.

bigbluedefense
02-13-2012, 01:21 PM
9 routes. All day. Randy Moss is going to give a damn this year. He's going to beast it.

OSUGiants17
02-13-2012, 01:32 PM
So apparently Brandon Jacobs will be attending TNA Impact Wrestling tapings tonight and getting in the ring and getting involved somehow with Kurt Angle. Am I wrong in not feeling bad if Brandon were to suffer an injury that were to allow a contract void?

JPP was supposed to do that, but they wouldn't let him so now Jacobs is

Giantsfan1080
02-13-2012, 02:42 PM
9 routes. All day. Randy Moss is going to give a damn this year. He's going to beast it.

Doubt it. There's just no need for him. I'd rather develop a younger WR so he can adapt to our system quicker.

NY+Giants=NYG
02-13-2012, 03:38 PM
Hahah BBD! re-sign Smith and sign Moss? How happy would you be?!

bigbluedefense
02-13-2012, 04:27 PM
Thanks for ******** on my party guys :(

Jughead10
02-13-2012, 04:29 PM
Thanks for ******** on my party guys :(

We're more likely to bring back Sinorice Moss!

bigbluedefense
02-13-2012, 04:32 PM
We already did. His name is Jernigan.

Damix
02-13-2012, 04:39 PM
Stop writing off every player that doesn't perform in year one BBD =(

bigbluedefense
02-13-2012, 04:43 PM
Think about it though. Most players who don't flash right away, typically don't flash at all.

Remember when Beatty, Sintim, Barden, Beckum, Moss, Whimper just needed more time to develop?

Turns out, they just sucked. Or in Sintim's case, misused, injured, combined with a ****** work ethic then sucked.

If you don't flash, you're probably going to suck. That's just how it is.

Damix
02-13-2012, 04:45 PM
Hold out hope for the next Webster!

Also I think Beatty doesn't get any credit. He was average in my eyes, as was Diehl.

Next years line = Beatty - Boothe - Baas - Snee - Diehl

bigbluedefense
02-13-2012, 04:50 PM
Beatty shouldn't start. He's a backup swing OT. Our line was significantly improved when Beatty got hurt. Sacks went down, our run game was less pathetic. It was all a direct impact of Beatty not being out there.

Beatty getting hurt was one of the best things that happened to us this year.

Damix
02-13-2012, 04:59 PM
Beatty shouldn't start. He's a backup swing OT. Our line was significantly improved when Beatty got hurt. Sacks went down, our run game was less pathetic. It was all a direct impact of Beatty not being out there.

Eh, sacks went down from 1.9 when Beatty was out there to 1.5 when Diehl was. Or if you include the playoffs, Eli was actually sacked more when Diehl was out there.

Our running game sucked just as much. We had a resurgence for a few games (namely when Baas was out).

I'm perfectly happy with Beatty being the LT next year.

Forenci
02-13-2012, 05:01 PM

I felt like our line wasn't much better without Beatty. I felt it was at it's best simply when Petrus was inserted into the lineup. The drop off between Beatty and Diehl is small (outside of the run game) and that Beatty would be fine to plug into the line up if needed.

That wouldn't stop be from looking for an upgrade by any means though.

bigbluedefense
02-13-2012, 05:02 PM
I think we all can agree that Petrus better start next year. Petrus is going to be a beast. I love Petrus. With Snee aging, it wouldn't shock me if Petrus is our best G next year.

LTgiants
02-13-2012, 05:03 PM
I think Beatty was better at RT. When he had to replace Mckenzie when he got hurt

Giantsfan1080
02-13-2012, 05:12 PM
Joseph, Manningham, Goff were some others who didn't do much their first years but went on to do well.

Giantsfan1080
02-13-2012, 05:13 PM
I love Petrus a lot because he has that nasty streak in him but he really needs to improve his pass blocking. He's above average at the run right now but below average in the pass. If he can get better in that area then yes he definitely needs to start next year. I think he will improve.

bigbluedefense
02-13-2012, 05:18 PM
Joseph, Manningham, Goff were some others who didn't do much their first years but went on to do well.

But all 3 of them flashed potential in their rookie years. Petrus didn't do anything his rookie year as well but flashed potential.

Jernigan looked awful. He only made the team bc he was a 3rd round pick rookie, they don't get cut right away. Even when he saw the field this season during the regular season, he looked awful.

Giantsfan1080
02-13-2012, 05:20 PM
But all 3 of them flashed potential in their rookie years. Petrus didn't do anything his rookie year as well but flashed potential.

Jernigan looked awful. He only made the team bc he was a 3rd round pick rookie, they don't get cut right away. Even when he saw the field this season during the regular season, he looked awful.

Not really. Manningham had 4 catches his rookie year. Linval was inactive almost every game. Goff I think had 5 tackles and those were on special teams. They didn't flash ****.

bigbluedefense
02-13-2012, 05:25 PM
Sure they did. Joseph's potential won't show up on the stat line. Mario flashed his potential when he caught a deep ball in the regular season. Goff looked good at SAM in the PS when they had him in there, don't forget he hurt his back his rookie season in the PS.

That's why it's a flash. Flashes don't always show up on the stat line. A flash can be a clean release on press coverage and putting a move on your DB. A flash can be a Guard who blocks 2 guys on a sweep, a flash can be a DT who devours 2 guys on the oline with regularity, a flash can be how a LB looks in his drops and how he reads and feels his gap in the run game, etc. You gotta show me something, anything, a play that makes me go "ok, he has something"

I saw nothing from Jernigan to make me think that. Not even a single play.

Giantsfan1080
02-13-2012, 05:43 PM
Joseph was inactive every game but one!! The guys you listed last page have certainly flashed using your definition of the word. Sintim, Moss, and even Beckum flashed a sign here or there. Barden as well especially :).

BaLLiN
02-13-2012, 09:34 PM
What I saw was when Jernigan was in man off coverage, he ran great route stems and got consistent separation, but lost it because he didn't continue his routes to the same degree or know where to sit in coverage.

Big_Pete
02-13-2012, 10:15 PM
The front office are reportedly interested in Alex Van Pelt to replace Sullivan. Any thoughts?

Jacobs has also publicly said he would like to play for the Jets

LTgiants
02-13-2012, 10:19 PM
Then **** Jacobs then.

BaLLiN
02-13-2012, 10:19 PM
The front office are reportedly interested in Alex Van Pelt to replace Sullivan. Any thoughts?

Jacobs has also publicly said he would like to play for the Jets

No way, after Jacobs talking to Ryan and said "I'm gunna punch you in the ******* mouth" theres no way.

Big_Pete
02-14-2012, 02:56 AM
No way, after Jacobs talking to Ryan and said "I'm gunna punch you in the ******* mouth" theres no way.

from http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/13/brandon-jacobs-would-be-interested-in-joining-the-jets/

“It was a situation,” Jacobs told the New York Times regarding his post-game spat with Rex. “We were rivals then. There’s no apology needed.”

and

“I like the way Rex handles his business,” Jacobs said. “The guys on that team I know, know how I feel.”

OSUGiants17
02-14-2012, 05:35 AM
Jacobs just doesn't wanna screw himself out of a job. If that fuckface wants to play for the Jets and get a free pass to run his mouth from Rex and then destroy that locker room even more...let him...good riddance!

Giantsfan1080
02-14-2012, 07:37 AM
Jacobs also said he'd like to stay with the Giants first and foremost. Talk about overreacting.

NY+Giants=NYG
02-14-2012, 11:22 AM
Jacobs is just postering. I doubt we bring him back, because I don't know if we can meet his "fair" deal. That's like saying, hey me and this girl are dating, but if we can't make it work, I can always date her sister! LOL. So now the mentality is make it work or else.

I don't know if the Giants will care either way. We will try our best if Jacobs and the Giants can't come to a fair deal, then bye bye Jacobs. Let him go to the Jets then. I got the feeling he wanted to stay local and not up root and go somewhere else.

bigbluedefense
02-14-2012, 11:23 AM
Dude. Moss says he can run a 4.3.

A 4.3

scottyboy
02-14-2012, 11:33 AM
jacobs can leave, I really don't care about that.

and I hope you're not wearing sweatpants BBD because your moss boner has gotta be out of control right now

NY+Giants=NYG
02-14-2012, 11:37 AM
Dude. Moss says he can run a 4.3.

A 4.3

He is a lazy MOFO! If he feels like he isn't a factor he will mentally check out. That being said, he'd fit right in with the sanchize and the collection of those players.

Giantsfan1080
02-14-2012, 11:55 AM
I hope Jacobs stays. He gets to be a loud mouth sometimes but I love what he brings to the team.

bigbluedefense
02-14-2012, 12:45 PM
Dude. He said he's going to rip the league up! Sounds like hungry Randy to me.

1 year contract. 20 touchdowns. Championship.

OSUGiants17
02-14-2012, 03:29 PM
Jacobs also said he'd like to stay with the Giants first and foremost. Talk about overreacting.

Yea I know, but I never liked the dude lol. Probably the only Giant I've ever disliked

Big_Pete
02-14-2012, 04:00 PM
The Giants are reportedly $7.3m over the expected cap.

We have $1.06m left against the 2011 cap which under the new CBA can be carried over to the 2012 cap if the owners request it.

It means we are around $6.24m over the cap.

Considering our other priorities trading Osi ($3.975m) and releasing Jacobs ($4.9m) would put us at $2.625m under the cap.

Sure there are options to make cap room. But it doesn't look like we will overly active in free agency. No real surprise though.

I doubt we can afford to keep Manningham. As usual we will mostly be keeping the guys we can and bringing in a couple of good value free agents.

NY+Giants=NYG
02-14-2012, 08:28 PM
Damn, I didn't realize we were so much over the cap. How the heck is clogging it up? If Osi goes and jacobs goes, who else is taking cap space?

Big_Pete
02-14-2012, 08:34 PM

Yeah it isn't a huge deal. As always it comes down to dollars.

The ball is in Jacobs court. It comes down to how much he wants to remain a giant and how much he is willing to compromise money wise to do so.

I don't see Jacobs having that much leverage.Reese and co have definite limitations cap wise and Jacobs probably doesn't have a lot of value on the open market. It is entirely up to him what happens next

LTgiants
02-14-2012, 08:35 PM
Canty? maybe.

Big_Pete
02-14-2012, 08:46 PM
Damn, I didn't realize we were so much over the cap. How the heck is clogging it up? If Osi goes and jacobs goes, who else is taking cap space?

Im not sure exactly

Also mckenzies $6m is off the books.

I don't know the exact numbers, but here is the ballpark numbers off the top of my head.

Eli is worth around $12m, I think Webster is in the area of $8m - $10

Rolle is probably worth $7-8m

After that it's the usual suspects, Tuck, Snee, Baas, Canty and Boley who are probably between $5m and $7m each

Jacobs is worth around $5m

Kiwi and Osi are worth around $4m each. Bradshaw and Diehl are probably around there as well.

Right there is around $80mil invested in 13 players.

That leaves around $40m for the next 38 contracts under the cap and it easily all adds up.

Giantsfan1080
02-14-2012, 08:59 PM
Rolle actually has the 2nd biggest cap hit behind Eli. It's followed by Tuck, Snee, Canty, Jacobs, Webster, Boley, Kiwi, and Baas.

Jughead10
02-15-2012, 08:00 AM
I got yelled at on BBI for bringing this up, but do we cut Canty? He's certainly not worth what he's being paid. He's a two down player and we have a better one at that in Joseph. We would need to sign someone for depth, but they would certainly be much cheaper.

Giantsfan1080
02-15-2012, 08:04 AM
I got yelled at on BBI for bringing this up, but do we cut Canty? He's certainly not worth what he's being paid. He's a two down player and we have a better one at that in Joseph. We would need to sign someone for depth, but they would certainly be much cheaper.

I think we see a major restructure. He doesn't fill up the stat line but he was pretty damn good down the stretch when the defense started playing well and he was a huge part of that. Canty/Joseph are a very underrated DT duo.

Damix
02-15-2012, 10:04 AM
I think we'll see some restructures in the coming weeks to get us in ok cap shape. I feel like we keep that pretty tight lipped about these things, not like the Steelers where its instantly reported who restructured and how much it saved.

scottyboy
02-15-2012, 10:21 AM
this is true, I see guys taking pay cuts and stuff. Especially how tight knit this group of guys was. So many reports during this run that these group of guys were the true definition of a team, which was awesome to read.

the must keeps, IMO, are Weatherford, Chase, Tolly and I'd like to bring McKenzie back as well. Of course I want Mario back, but I'm just not confident he'll stay

Forenci
02-15-2012, 10:22 AM
this is true, I see guys taking pay cuts and stuff. Especially how tight knit this group of guys was. So many reports during this run that these group of guys were the true definition of a team, which was awesome to read.

the must keeps, IMO, are Weatherford, Chase, Tolly and I'd like to bring McKenzie back as well. Of course I want Mario back, but I'm just not confident he'll stay

Of course you want to keep the white people..

Giantsfan1080
02-15-2012, 10:24 AM
And then McKenzie who acts like a white guy because he is on the OL with the rest of them. Scotty is racist!!!

Forenci
02-15-2012, 10:27 AM
And then McKenzie who acts like a white guy because he is on the OL with the rest of them. Scotty is racist!!!

I've known this for a long time. McKenzie is the whitest person of all deep down.

But in all seriousness I don't mind keeping all those guys as long as they can be signed for cheap. Except for McKenzie. I really do think Beatty would be an upgrade over him. Which says a lot about how I think he's deteriorated. Unless he's willing to be signed cheaply and be depth, otherwise I say no.

Giantsfan1080
02-15-2012, 10:32 AM
I want McKenzie back for depth purposes. It would be nice to have him and Boothe in case someone goes down.

scottyboy
02-15-2012, 10:51 AM
I've been discovered! nooooooooooooooooo!

would it help that if we cut Jacobs, I say we go get Brian Leonard to replace him?

Giantsfan1080
02-15-2012, 10:52 AM
I've been discovered! nooooooooooooooooo!

would it help that if we cut Jacobs, I say we go get Brian Leonard to replace him?

Not to me!!!

NY+Giants=NYG
02-15-2012, 12:35 PM

Maybe restructure him, but no way in hell do you cut him? He and Linval hold down the middle. Austin hasn't played ball in 3 years. Rocky B is old, and Jimmy Kennedy is depth.

NY+Giants=NYG
02-15-2012, 12:37 PM
Im not sure exactly

Also mckenzies $6m is off the books.

I don't know the exact numbers, but here is the ballpark numbers off the top of my head.

Eli is worth around $12m, I think Webster is in the area of $8m - $10

Rolle is probably worth $7-8m

After that it's the usual suspects, Tuck, Snee, Baas, Canty and Boley who are probably between $5m and $7m each

Jacobs is worth around $5m

Kiwi and Osi are worth around $4m each. Bradshaw and Diehl are probably around there as well.

Right there is around $80mil invested in 13 players.

That leaves around $40m for the next 38 contracts under the cap and it easily all adds up.

Thanks! Hopefully, we can get guys to restructure if not, then go from there. Jacobs and Osi will be the head line this off season for us and what to do with them, Osi especially.

Jughead10
02-15-2012, 12:37 PM
Maybe restructure him, but no way in hell do you cut him? He and Linval hold down the middle. Austin hasn't played ball in 3 years. Rocky B is old, and Jimmy Kennedy is depth.

I'd like to restructure too, but re-structuring is often just pushing money around. He needs to take a straight cut. We could get someone to play at his level for half the money.

Giantsfan1080
02-15-2012, 01:03 PM
I'd like to restructure too, but re-structuring is often just pushing money around. He needs to take a straight cut. We could get someone to play at his level for half the money.

I seriously doubt that. He's not as consistent as I'd like but when he's on few match him.

Damix
02-15-2012, 01:34 PM
The Colts are reportedly concerned that Manning's neck problems are chronic and perhaps even genetic, as Peyton's brother Cooper was forced to give up football at a young age due to spinal stenosis.

That is not what I want to here about the Mannings.

scottyboy
02-15-2012, 01:39 PM
SHUT UP DAMIX!

i'll counter that bad news and thoughts with good news:

We gave Chad Jones a 2 year extension...which means we must be pleased with his rehab. what a story. I really wanna see him on the field

Giantsfan1080
02-15-2012, 01:56 PM
That is not what I want to here about the Mannings.

Ehh just delete that and never post it again.

Giantsfan1080
02-15-2012, 01:57 PM
SHUT UP DAMIX!

i'll counter that bad news and thoughts with good news:

We gave Chad Jones a 2 year extension...which means we must be pleased with his rehab. what a story. I really wanna see him on the field

He actually didn't sign an extension. He just restructured his last 2 years to bring down his base salary.

NY+Giants=NYG
02-15-2012, 03:00 PM
http://i.minus.com/iSweIaDaG3OfS.gif

I don't follow any other sports except for NFL football. But this guy is starting to interest me. I had to check youtube videos over the hype. He is an interesting dude!

He is like Victor Cruz lite!

Jughead10
02-15-2012, 03:11 PM
http://i.minus.com/iSweIaDaG3OfS.gif

I don't follow any other sports except for NFL football. But this guy is starting to interest me. I had to check youtube videos over the hype. He is an interesting dude!

He is like Victor Cruz lite!

Watch the Rangers, they are the best team in NY.

NY+Giants=NYG
02-15-2012, 03:17 PM
Well by nature, I am a NJ fan for everything except baseball. I am a Braves fan, but I still don't really follow all the sports like I once did. All I care is Giants football, the rest just bores me.

Football is truly the greatest sport!

Giantsfan1080
02-15-2012, 03:23 PM
Watch the Rangers, they are the best team in NY.

Besides the Giants.

Jughead10
02-15-2012, 03:28 PM
Besides the Giants.

Yes and no.

Giantsfan1080
02-15-2012, 07:58 PM
Yes and no.

We all know regular season superiority in this town gets you nothing.

bigbluedefense
02-16-2012, 05:52 AM
Canty is overpaid. Having that said, he had an amazing year. Very underrated season, nobody noticed how dominant he was when he was on. During our playoff run he was one of the bigger pieces to that run. He's really come along this year and i'm hoping this was the year where the light came on and he learned how to play in a 4-3 bc he really was brilliant throughout the entire season and when he was peaking he was unblockable at times.

I think we can work around our salary cap issues. A lot of guys come off the books this season. We'll see a lot of roster turnover with our depth.

We'll probably lose Mario, Ross, Osi (trade), Bernard, McKenzie, Sintim (cut), Jacobs (cut), Goff, Grant, and some other lower level guys.

Expect a lot of roster turnover this year. That's the price you pay when you have a loaded roster, you can't keep it around forever. You gotta keep drafting well to keep depth and plug in holes you lose in FA.

I would like Canty to restructure, ditto for Rolle, but we'll see how it shapes up.

If we lose Mario, my favorite replacement would be Stevie Johnson (Mossssssssssssss), bc he ran choice routes in Buffalo and is much more consistent in his routes and can go deep, but chances are if we can't afford Mario, we can't afford Johnson.

The more I think about it, with our cap situation probably crippling our ability to get anyone in FA, it wouldn't be a terrible idea to go out and get a WR in round 1 if a good one is there at 32.

I'm looking at you Sanu. I'm looking at you dead in the face. Back me up Scotty.

bigbluedefense
02-16-2012, 06:01 AM
Actually the more I think of it, the more I think Sanu should be the pick.

He'll definitely be BPA on the board at 32 unless Luke falls there somehow. The OT talent at 32 won't be strong enough to pass on Sanu for, the RB talent won't be good enough to pass on Sanu for, LB talent won't be good enough at MIKE, nor TE talent, nor DE, nor CB.

Sanu will definitely be the best available guy on the board at 32. And I LOOOOVE Sanu. Reminds me so much of Hakeem Nicks. And it's vital to our offense to have 3 vertical threats at WR. He'd be cheaper than Mario, and an upgrade to Mario.

Let's get Sanu. I think I'm on the Sanu bandwagon.

bigbluedefense
02-16-2012, 06:02 AM
Plus Sanu gives us leverage when Hakeem's contract comes up. If Sanu can be as good as I think he can be, it won't be imperative to re-sign Hakeem. Sanu can be just as good as Nicks.

scottyboy
02-16-2012, 08:07 AM
YES YES YES YES YES
BBD is on the Sanu train!
Hi-five Zak! we did it!
It was a matter of time BBD, you were so close on the fence, now we're bringing you in with us.
It makes sense too, it really does. Nicks-Cruz-Sanu? filthy. Plus, between him and cruz, we'd be chanting "uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"'s all game long.

And, with enough money, we bring back chase, him at MLB so we don't need Lofton and use all that money on going after Ray Rice! amirite?

Jughead10
02-16-2012, 08:29 AM
I'm not sold on Sanu yet. I'd like to see what he runs. He seems slow to me.

Also Mayock was ripping your ASU boy, BBD.

NY+Giants=NYG
02-16-2012, 10:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRef4fg8c1k

Eli Manning 2004 draft day

He truly does elevate the players around him.

Giantsfan1080
02-16-2012, 11:12 AM
I'm not sold on Sanu yet. I'd like to see what he runs. He seems slow to me.

Also Mayock was ripping your ASU boy, BBD.

He'll run faster than everyone thinks. He's a great athlete. I saw him run down Tim Brown his FR year when Brown was going full speed.

bigbluedefense
02-16-2012, 11:44 AM
I'm not worried about Sanu's speed. He'll be fine.

And yeah, Mayock shitted on Taze. I need to see some games from the guy. I saw 1 game, and a highlight reel. Hardly enough to make a proper judgement on the guy.

But ASU barely plays on national TV. So I'm gonna have a hard time tracking down any tv footage of the guy.

BaLLiN
02-16-2012, 11:51 AM
Reese knows what he's doing, i agree that we see restructures across the board. Isn't Rolle receiving less this year? If I remember correctly he had a front loaded contract.

Cruz and JPP should get extensions right away.

Giantsfan1080
02-16-2012, 12:00 PM
Rolle has the 2nd biggest cap hit this year. It's at $9,100,000 million this year and goes up $200,000 the next 2 years.

BaLLiN
02-16-2012, 12:11 PM
Rolle has the 2nd biggest cap hit this year. It's at $9,100,000 million this year and goes up $200,000 the next 2 years.

yeah...thats a lot... Kenny Phillips deserves that contract waaaay more than Rolle. But oh well.

I think Sanu is a good player, but I don't see the open field running that our other receivers do so well. Thats not a question of speed, its a question of wiggle and deception.

BaLLiN
02-16-2012, 12:17 PM
Also when I think of it, Moss would be amazing for this offense except that his route tree is very limited. Although Eli, one of the best deep ball QB's in the league right now, + Moss, the best deep ball WR ever = not fair.

NY+Giants=NYG
02-16-2012, 12:45 PM
yeah...thats a lot... Kenny Phillips deserves that contract waaaay more than Rolle. But oh well.

I think Sanu is a good player, but I don't see the open field running that our other receivers do so well. Thats not a question of speed, its a question of wiggle and deception.

I don't think KP deserves it more than Rolle. Rolle seems to be everywhere even on the LOS and he is the vocal leader. KP's potential seemed to be cut by his injury. I still remember reading mini camp, and training camp reports about KP. Guy was amazing! It seems like he is invisible out there at times. Maybe it's a function of him being 2938190238912 yards back of the LOS, but I feel like he went from someone with sick potential to just avg to above avg.

BigBlueNorwegian
02-16-2012, 04:35 PM
I don't think KP deserves it more than Rolle. Rolle seems to be everywhere even on the LOS and he is the vocal leader. KP's potential seemed to be cut by his injury. I still remember reading mini camp, and training camp reports about KP. Guy was amazing! It seems like he is invisible out there at times. Maybe it's a function of him being 2938190238912 yards back of the LOS, but I feel like he went from someone with sick potential to just avg to above avg.

I agree with this. Rolle is one of my favorite players on the Giants. He is awesome, and we desperately need his presence in the backfield both on and off the field. It was such a shame what happened to Phillips, because he was about to break out in a big way when he got injured. But he's still a good player, like you said here!

OSUGiants17
02-16-2012, 04:47 PM
I know it will never happen, but I dream of this guy on the outside opposite Nicks with Cruz in the slot:
http://takingit2thehouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/wallace.jpg
If only we had more money this offseason

BigBlueNorwegian
02-16-2012, 05:10 PM
I know it will never happen, but I dream of this guy on the outside opposite Nicks with Cruz in the slot:
http://takingit2thehouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/wallace.jpg
If only we had more money this offseason

Yeah that would be awesome! If we had the cap space and offered him a contract we would only have to give up #32 in this draft. That would be worth it to say the least. I think the Patriots are going to make him an offer if the Steelers doesn't tag him.

NY+Giants=NYG
02-20-2012, 04:33 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Why-Victor-Cruz-wont-get-a-huge-payday.html

Why Cruz won't get a huge payday article.

NY+Giants=NYG
02-21-2012, 12:19 PM
Boy, were we in rough shape when Coughlin arrived in 2004!

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=435639

Jughead10
02-21-2012, 12:23 PM
Boy, were we in rough shape when Coughlin arrived in 2004!

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=435639

Haha, and they didn't even mention CB. The two Wills would drive me crazy.

Giantsfan1080
02-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Will Allen was the best tackling Giants CB I've seen.

scottyboy
02-21-2012, 12:57 PM
and will peterson bought my aunt her dog, so he's all good in my book

Jughead10
02-21-2012, 01:02 PM
Except Will Allen couldn't cover and Will Peterson couldn't stay healthy.

Giantsfan1080
02-21-2012, 01:09 PM
Allen couldn't cover the deep ball because the WR's would turn him around. He was pretty good on guys ove the middle on intermediate and short routes.

scottyboy
02-21-2012, 01:11 PM
i still remember that one game where santana moss ABUSED allen for 3 td's. one allen just got completely spun around on a ball in the air. it was brutal

Jughead10
02-21-2012, 01:11 PM
i still remember that one game where santana moss ABUSED allen for 3 td's. one allen just got completely spun around on a ball in the air. it was brutal

That may have been the last time Santana abused anyone in this league other than the Cowboys.

OSUGiants17
02-21-2012, 01:12 PM
Will Allen was the best tackling Giants CB I've seen.

What about T2?

Giantsfan1080
02-21-2012, 01:19 PM
Thomas is good but I've still seen him miss a lot of tackles. I don't want to bash Thomas but he became very overrated in my opinion. A lot of people were calling him better than Webster and said he was our #1 CB which was never true. He's a great #2 and I want him back but he was and never will be better than Webster.

OSUGiants17
02-21-2012, 01:21 PM
Thomas is good but I've still seen him miss a lot of tackles. I don't want to bash Thomas but he became very overrated in my opinion. A lot of people were calling him better than Webster and said he was our #1 CB which was never true. He's a great #2 and I want him back but he was and never will be better than Webster.

I agree on some levels. He was not as good or better than Webster and wasn't our #1 CB, but he was well on his way to becoming our #1 CB if he didn't get hurt.

bigbluedefense
02-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Thomas is a very good #2 CB. He was never as good as Webster. What was nice about the Web/TT combo was you could mix your coverages based on matchups.

Thomas could take on the bigger WRs that Webster has a harder time with, Web can take on the shifty quicker guys.

In general, Thomas was our turnover guy in the secondary. He and Webster balanced eachother out perfectly. Web would lock down a guy, Thomas would get those turnovers and matchup vs bigger guys. It was great balance.

OSUGiants17
02-21-2012, 03:59 PM
Thomas is a very good #2 CB. He was never as good as Webster. What was nice about the Web/TT combo was you could mix your coverages based on matchups.

Thomas could take on the bigger WRs that Webster has a harder time with, Web can take on the shifty quicker guys.

In general, Thomas was our turnover guy in the secondary. He and Webster balanced eachother out perfectly. Web would lock down a guy, Thomas would get those turnovers and matchup vs bigger guys. It was great balance.
I'm just praying he comes back healthy. Resigning him and either Tryon or Bruce Johnson will sure up our secondary

Giantsfan1080
02-21-2012, 04:23 PM
I'd be happy with Webster, Thomas, Prince, Tryon, and Johnson going into next year.

OSUGiants17
02-21-2012, 04:33 PM
I'd be happy with Webster, Thomas, Prince, Tryon, and Johnson going into next year.

Agreed, Tryon and Bruce both showed a little spark in their limited time and would provide great depth.

NY+Giants=NYG
02-21-2012, 04:35 PM
Haha, and they didn't even mention CB. The two Wills would drive me crazy.

Will Allen def. drove me nuts! Catch the damn ball stone hands!! Catch it!!!!

Giantsfan1080
02-24-2012, 01:17 PM
Some good stuff from Coughlin's interview right now.

-Tuck, Canty, and Joseph all had surgery so far but nothing major.
-Thinks Jacobs, Thomas, Goff, and Osi will all be back next year.
-Thought biggest need last year was C and biggest need now will be TE
-Thinks Prince, Sash, Scott, and possible Jernigan will be the young guys to take a big step forward
-No contract extension talk with Mara and Tisch yet

scottyboy
02-24-2012, 01:24 PM
oooh, note how he didn't mention Ross or Mario in coming back
OR WEATHERFORD OH NOEZ! (kidding, he's said a million times he plans on coming back)

interesting stuff there and I hope he's right about the young guys. Also shows that our plan is probably to draft OL and TE early. Maybe, if they expect Jernigan to take a big step, that we won't be going a WR round 1, like Sanu. Plus, we may not look RB in the draft if we have faith in Scott

Giantsfan1080
02-24-2012, 01:43 PM
Ross did say he'd like to be a Giant and Coughlin said of course he wants Mario back but he knows how FA will be good to him.

I still think we sign a TE in FA and look elsewhere in the draft. The FA TE corps is very deep this year.

scottyboy
02-24-2012, 02:01 PM
the only thing is: money is tight. we're going to have to see some restructures if we're going to bring in free agents. I think Mario is gonna walk, but if we can keep our secondary in tact and focus the draft on WR, TE and Oline, that'd be perfect.

and manning...shocking...NYG whatever the hell we're calling him now will be ECSTATIC

Jughead10
02-24-2012, 02:15 PM
If we lose Ross and Mario, but keep TT, Goff (I guess), Jacobs and Osi I will be very happy.

At this point I think Ross and Mario are acceptable losses. Also I see people bring up Tyron a lot for CB depth. I admire his courage and heart greatly for wanting to play with a snapped arm, but he hasn't really shown anything other than that. But I do agree about Bruce Johnson. I'm excited about seeing him play again.

Giantsfan1080
02-24-2012, 02:21 PM
Tryon looked very physical during the games and he made a play or two that impressed me during his time. I'd like keep both him and Johnson but I'd be fine with one of the two.

NY+Giants=NYG
02-24-2012, 03:16 PM
the only thing is: money is tight. we're going to have to see some restructures if we're going to bring in free agents. I think Mario is gonna walk, but if we can keep our secondary in tact and focus the draft on WR, TE and Oline, that'd be perfect.

and manning...shocking...NYG whatever the hell we're calling him now will be ECSTATIC

You can call me Noah, Noah Body. But I agree! I will be very, very happy, and then I can die in peace knowing we hit up a draft on the offensive side of the ball! I just hope we develop Barden, JJ and Scott. Scott is a guy I am interested in with that speed. I really hope we can develop him.

NY+Giants=NYG
02-25-2012, 10:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiGqiKhqrA4&feature=youtu.be

final seconds of the superbowl win from the Manning box.

bigbluedefense
02-25-2012, 10:52 AM
We should call him bigblueoffense. Either that, or his name. What is it NYG, Anish?

NY+Giants=NYG
02-25-2012, 01:29 PM
We should call him bigblueoffense. Either that, or his name. What is it NYG, Anish?

I don't care but ask MOTH or D-unit. I forgot which one is the head guy. But it was one of them, that wanted me to keep the same type of style of user name where it's something + something = something.. So I said ok, and gave him a few examples. So it was him who wanted me to keep the same style. So that's why I picked this.

scottyboy
02-26-2012, 10:10 AM
looks like Mario is really as good as gone (no surprise at all) and seems like Tampa seems to be the rumored front runner. I wish him all the best, loved him while he was here, but we can't afford to pay him big bucks and he deserves to get paid. Good for him, no ill wishes.

the thing with the giants is that we're looking for a guy who can "line up in more than 1 or 2 positions" at the WR spot, which is very interesting and something to look at for viable replacements

Giantsfan1080
02-26-2012, 10:12 AM
Sanu obviously fits the best.

OSUGiants17
02-26-2012, 11:01 AM
After the combine I wouldn't mind Stephen Hill in the 2nd at all. Kid is 6-5 and ran a 4.3 40. If he lasts until our 2nd rounder he would be a great guy to have on the outside with that blazing speed and Cruz in the slot.

scottyboy
02-26-2012, 11:09 AM
i just think he's too raw. we're a winning and win now team, idk if we gamble on a kid like that.

but someone proven, and sexy, with great hands coming from a big time program of awesomeness like Sanu...yeah, that's what we need. Zak said it best, Sanu fits best

Giantsfan1080
02-26-2012, 11:11 AM
Streeter would be a better fit than Hill.

Giantsfan1080
02-26-2012, 11:14 AM
Does anyone remember what Nicks ran at the combine?

scottyboy
02-26-2012, 11:16 AM
I think he ran like a 4.51

Jughead10
02-26-2012, 11:21 AM
So Sanu is slow?

And I know 40s are overrated. And I agree. But I think this knocks him out of round 1. We might be able to get him at the end of round 2. The concern is how long will that speed hold up. This is likely the fastest he'll ever be in his life.

Malaka
02-26-2012, 11:28 AM
I would not mind Sanu in round 2 at all. Although I do think a field-stretcher/burner is still more needed than a slot/underneath guy. I feel like both Cruz and Nicks, though they can do much much more as well, are excellent underneath guys.

scottyboy
02-26-2012, 11:29 AM
there is absolutely 0 chance in hell sanu falls to 64. 0. zilch. none. nada.

after a 40? come on, you guys are better than that.

Giantsfan1080
02-26-2012, 11:31 AM
Sanu will still be at worst an early 2nd round pick but no shot in hell he's there at 64. Where I didn't think he would even be an option for us now he will probably be on the board when we pick.

Jughead10
02-26-2012, 11:34 AM
In all seriousness, I've seen Sanu anywhere from 28-40 in most places. Who else besides you two thought we had no shot of getting him at 32?

The homerism is funny and great, but let's be real now.

scottyboy
02-26-2012, 11:37 AM
I always felt he was an option at 32. A good time would've put him in the 20-25 range. Now that he's not, he's in the 30-40 range

there's absolutely 0 chance he falls to 64. He's still a top 50 pick. His talent and productivity is too much to overlook because of a bad 40 time. Depending on what we want, he really does fit. If we want Cruz to be a deep threat. Sanu is a #1 guy, with #1 hands, blocking ability, route running and work ethic. The speed isn't there, but on 3rd and 4, you line him and Nicks out wide and Cruz in the slot. How're you going to stop that (other than a draw to DJ Ware, but i digress)

Malaka
02-26-2012, 11:40 AM
Anything is possible, but I do agree the odds are really low that he falls that far.

No way Reese takes him at 32, and little chance Reese trades up. So unless he's at 64 he won't be wearing the NYG Blue.

Giantsfan1080
02-26-2012, 11:41 AM
In all seriousness, I've seen Sanu anywhere from 28-40 in most places. Who else besides you two thought we had no shot of getting him at 32?

The homerism is funny and great, but let's be real now.

I honestly thought he would run a 4.5 or lower so that combined with his tape would have had him as a top 25-30 pick.

scottyboy
02-26-2012, 11:44 AM
Anything is possible, but I do agree the odds are really low that he falls that far.

No way Reese takes him at 32, and little chance Reese trades up. So unless he's at 64 he won't be wearing the NYG Blue.

just curious, why is there "no way reese take him at 32"?

while I agree, Sanu in big blue is a long shot, I'm just curious to why you think there's no way reese takes him

OSUGiants17
02-26-2012, 11:46 AM

while I agree, Sanu in big blue is a long shot, I'm just curious to why you think there's no way reese takes him

He has faith in JJ and Barden and he wants to take BPA which, sadly, won't be Sanu.

Malaka
02-26-2012, 11:50 AM

Looking at this objectively (I could careless about Rutgers or Big East football; I have no biases) I see no way that Sanu is the best player available at 32. Reese is extremely strict on his BPA philosophy. He always stays true to it. Sanu is a solid early-mid 2nd round prospect. He is just not the athlete that warrants a first round pick. Guys like Hill and Randle are trending upwards, while Sanu, not so much, after the combine. Not only that but WR is just not a huge need at 32. Sanu at 32 just does not make any sense to me.

Is Sanu likely to be at 64, of course not, is plausible? I believe so. Manningham was projected to be a 2nd rounder (albeit he had horrible interviews and also a disappointing 40 time) but he fell all the way to the end of round 3.

The only way I will agree with the Sanu pick is at 64, or if Reese trades up in round 2, which we know is very unlikely.

scottyboy
02-26-2012, 12:11 PM
eh, i think people are taking too much stock in the combine, i've never been a big fan unless someone comes in REALLY out of shape or something etc. that's me on a personal thing, not just with sanu. maybe it's just me.

I just disagree on WR being a big need. I think it's our biggest need (with TE). We don't have a TE that can walk and we're losing our 3rd WR in FA. Our running game was putrid, we need a 3rd weapon on offense. there's no if's and's or but's about it

bigbluedefense
02-26-2012, 12:14 PM
Sanu isn't a first round pick. I love Sanu just as much as the next guy, but with so many WRs in this draft, and his 4.65 40, you can't justify taking Sanu in the 1st anymore. It's just not a smart pick anymore.

Now if he's there with our 2nd, then absolutely. Now I know GF and Scotty think there's no way he's there, but I disagree. I think it's very possible he's there. He's slow. And there's a good 8 WRs in this draft that have 1st and 2nd round grades to them. So yeah, one of them will definitely fall, and I can see Sanu being one of those guys.

Hell, Mike Wallace fell to the 3rd round during the Nicks/Crabtree draft. This draft is just as deep, there's no reason to think that a very good WR won't be there at 64 for us. And it could be Sanu.

I have to check out this Hill guy. The measureables are making me drool. We need a deep threat guy bc having 3 guys who can go deep really makes our offense tick in this system. At 6 5" and a 4.3 40...yeah, I like that. I'll gladly take that. But of course, it all depends, combine numbers don't mean everything. So I'll see what I can find on the guy and make a better judgement of him based on what I see.

Giantsfan1080
02-26-2012, 12:17 PM
Sanu with a 4.67 official. All the officials are slower than what they had first had up on TV. Hill, Benjamin, and Owusu all with a 4.36 official.

OSUGiants17
02-28-2012, 03:19 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/Giants/status/174600031024844800

What the hell! He open up the season on a Wednesday night this year...WEAK!

NY+Giants=NYG
02-28-2012, 03:21 PM
Can we play a ****** team for once to get things going? Please?

Jughead10
02-28-2012, 03:26 PM
Can we play a ****** team for once to get things going? Please?

Like the Redskins this year. Or the Redskins the last time we opened? Or Carolina I think the year before.

OSUGiants17
02-28-2012, 03:41 PM
Like the Redskins this year. Or the Redskins the last time we opened? Or Carolina I think the year before.

My guess is either the 49ers, Packers, Eagles or Cowboys. Maybe we get lucky and get Tampa Bay

OSUGiants17
02-28-2012, 03:44 PM
According to Schefter, we open up on a Wednesday because Obama has a speech on Thursday night

NY+Giants=NYG
02-28-2012, 03:44 PM
TB would be fine! I don't want another team like GB or the Saints.. Do we play the Saints again? It seems like every where we do. But give me someone easy to start things up.

bigbluedefense
02-28-2012, 03:45 PM
We have a hard schedule this year. I hope they don't give us the Saints or Packers or Steelers or Ravens to start out the season.

Jughead10
02-28-2012, 03:53 PM
We have a hard schedule this year. I hope they don't give us the Saints or Packers or Steelers or Ravens to start out the season.

Ravens are in Baltimore. But it could be any of the other 3. It will likely be one of them.

Giantsfan1080
02-28-2012, 03:58 PM
It will definitely be one of those 3. Packers making the most sense.

OSUGiants17
02-28-2012, 04:04 PM
TB would be fine! I don't want another team like GB or the Saints.. Do we play the Saints again? It seems like every where we do. But give me someone easy to start things up.

We play the NFC South, AFC North, Packers and 49ers along with the 6 games within the division

OSUGiants17
02-28-2012, 04:04 PM
Ravens are in Baltimore. But it could be any of the other 3. It will likely be one of them.

It will definitely be one of those 3. Packers making the most sense.

I doubt we open up with inter-conference play. No way we open up with any of the AFC North teams

OSUGiants17
02-28-2012, 04:12 PM
I know its VERY early, but a quick prediction for our schedule:
AFC North- Beat Cincy and Cleveland
NFC South- Beat Carolina, Tampa and one of NO or ATL
NFC East- 4-2 or 3-3
Packers and 49ers- Maybe we get one win, both teams will be playing with a HUGE chip on their shoulder.

Anywhere from 11-5 to 8-8, bout the same that we expected coming into this year. Lets hope we stop playing to the level of our lesser competition and show up every week on the road to a repeat. Going to be tough playing all 3 teams we played in the playoffs this year.

Giantsfan1080
02-28-2012, 04:18 PM
It's going to be like 2008 all over again when we played 8 games in a row with teams over .500 and we won most of them. If Fewell continues to call the defense as he did during our run we should be able to get to 10.

OSUGiants17
02-28-2012, 04:20 PM
It's going to be like 2008 all over again when we played 8 games in a row with teams over .500 and we won most of them. If Fewell continues to call the defense as he did during our run we should be able to get to 10.

If we stay healthy too, which is always the biggest IF in football. We have the talent to win the Division again. If Fewell keeps it up like you said we will be in fine shape

OSUGiants17
02-29-2012, 03:08 PM
We are close to resigning Hixon and Bart Scott wants to play for the real NY team:
he New York Jets reportedly have given starting linebacker Bart Scott permission to seek a trade. Scott’s agent told ESPNNewYork's Rich Cimini that the linebacker would go to the New York Giants "in a heartbeat."

Are the defending Super Bowl champions a good landing spot for Scott? Here are some thoughts:
I think this would be a good fit for Scott. It's well-documented that the Giants lacked linebacker depth this past season. A hard-nosed player like Scott would bring more toughness, depth and attitude to the group. For Scott, he doesn't have to go far. The Giants and Jets play in the same stadium, and the Giants also train closer to the Meadowlands.

But there is no reason for the Giants to help the Jets by giving up a late-round pick and taking on Scott’s $4.2 million salary. Scott, 31, experienced declining production in 2011. His 66 tackles were his lowest total in seven seasons. It's doubtful there will be much (or any) interest in Scott under his current contract. The Giants, if interested, can simply wait until Scott is released, negotiate a more reasonable contract and preserve a draft pick.

Either way, Scott’s return to the Jets appears unlikely. Having permission to seek a trade usually is the first step to parting ways. The team usually is trying to get a parting gift -- a draft pick or two -- on the way out the door. That seems unlikely for the Jets.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/39083/would-bart-scott-fit-with-giants

touchdownmaker
02-29-2012, 04:10 PM
Sure for the right price. If the Jets were to eat his salary I would give up a 5th (that is what I hear the Jets want). I don't see that happening. If he gets cut he would be free to go to any team. The G-men are hard up against the cap and haveto worry about getting a vet at TE. I don't see where the money is going to be to sign Scott unless its on the REAL cheap. I think another 4-3 team would offer him more than what Reese would be capable of doing.

He is a leader up the middle, and could be an AP type move.....

Giantsfan1080
02-29-2012, 04:12 PM
A huge hell no to Scott.

bigbluedefense
02-29-2012, 04:19 PM
Scott is washed up. No thanks.

LTgiants
02-29-2012, 04:37 PM
I would take a chance on him for the vet minimum but if he completely sucks in training camp and pre season cut him.

NY+Giants=NYG
03-01-2012, 01:05 PM
McCarthy still trying to figure out how the Packers lost to Giants

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/mccarthy-still-figuring-out-loss-to-giants-r14c6v4-140971293.html

BigBlueNorwegian
03-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Should we be worried that we haven't signed any of our pending free agents yet? We are still projected to be about 9 mill over the cap, and we have to fix this by tuesday I believe? What's the holdup? We should have restructured some contracts to get below the cap already.

We need to keep Terell Thomas. That's my main concern right now. I don't want to lose him (that's of course if he can successfully come back from the ACL).

Giantsfan1080
03-01-2012, 09:32 PM
Seems like we are close to deals with both Thomas and Tryon. I'm not worried as we didn't have as much time to go over everything because of the SB run. In Reese We Trust.

OSUGiants17
03-01-2012, 09:32 PM
We are in talks with Thomas now and are close to resigning him

EDIT: Tryon too? Sweet! I was hoping we would bring back him and/or Bruce Johnson

Giantsfan1080
03-01-2012, 09:34 PM
We are in talks with Thomas now and are close to resigning him

EDIT: Tryon too? Sweet! I was hoping we would bring back him and/or Bruce Johnson

Yeah it seems like the coaching staff is very high on him as some of us fans are. Coughlin probably loves him for making that one handed tackle with a broken arm against Reggie Bush. You can make a good argument that was one of the big season savers.

bigbluedefense
03-02-2012, 12:08 PM
I was thinking about this just now. Osi makes 4 million. Tuck makes around 5 million. JPP is on a rookie contract, making around 6 million or so a year, Kiwi is making what, 3 million?

So long story short, we have 4 pass rushers on our team, making a total of around 18 million a year. That's it.

That's why we're able to keep our dline dominant. Because we don't really have that much money tied to it.

But realistically moving forward, in order to keep this dline dominant and also affordable, we have to lose 2 guys and replace them through the draft, where the contracts will be cheaper.

So that pretty much means long term, you gotta lose Osi and Kiwi, and replace them through the draft. JPP isn't going anywhere, Tuck isn't going anywhere. You can't give 4 guys long term contracts, it's just not a smart way to spend your money. So 2 guys have to go when their contracts are up.

So when you look at it that way, I think this is Kiwi's last year with us, and Osi is probably getting traded too. Which means DE will be a need very soon if not this year.

I'm not a huge fan of the Des this year, I think this is a weak DE class, so I'm not saying DE needs to be on the agenda this year, but definitely in the near future because we're going to have to keep our rotation going while making it affordable as well.

Giantsfan1080
03-02-2012, 12:31 PM
Yeah that's definitely a big part of it. When we feel like we're a year or 2 away from one of these guys leaving then we're going to need to bring in new blood. The only problem is we haven't missed yet so who knows if that's going to happen soon or not.

Have any thoughts on Vinny Curry from Marshall?

bigbluedefense
03-02-2012, 12:33 PM
Haven't seen him. I gotta check him out.

Giantsfan1080
03-02-2012, 12:35 PM
Haven't seen him. I gotta check him out.

I know some people on BBI rave about him but I haven't see any film on him at all. I haven't even looked at his combine numbers yet.

bigbluedefense
03-02-2012, 12:39 PM
I know some people on BBI rave about him but I haven't see any film on him at all. I haven't even looked at his combine numbers yet.

I do know this, I'm not interested in Coples or Upshaw. Both lack the explosion I want out of a linemen.

Giantsfan1080
03-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Domenik Hixon officially re-signed.

bigbluedefense
03-02-2012, 01:52 PM
I guess he can help our special teams. But truthfully, I don't expect him to be the same player anymore. 2 ACLs is not easy to come back from. I hope this doesn't prevent us from looking for a punt returner in the draft.

OSUGiants17
03-02-2012, 02:03 PM
I do like Chandler Jones and Jake Bequette as 2nd and 3rd round DEs respectively, if we trade Osi

NY+Giants=NYG
03-02-2012, 05:43 PM
I can't remember if I posted this or not. But if so, ah well, here it is anyways! You see how nervous Archie is. He puts his head down and can't watch on the hail mary by Brady.

Manning Family celebrate Giants Super Bowl win

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiGqiKhqrA4

Giantsfan1080
03-02-2012, 06:01 PM
I can't remember if I posted this or not. But if so, ah well, here it is anyways! You see how nervous Archie is. He puts his head down and can't watch on the hail mary by Brady.

Manning Family celebrate Giants Super Bowl win

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiGqiKhqrA4

I did the same thing when I was at the game. Once Brady released the ball I put my head down and didn't realized we won until I heard the roar in the stadium and my friend almost tackling me.

Giantsfan1080
03-02-2012, 08:49 PM
Hey NYG I saw your thread on BBI about every team with a young QB using Eli as an example of what could happen. Great post. The only problem for these other teams is Eli has improved every year he's been in the league while some of the other QB's have come in and done del enough but they've been stuck in neutral. Great post though as I was recently thinking of something similar.

Giantsfan1080
03-02-2012, 08:51 PM
I'm sorry but one more thing. It always pissed me off how every Giants fan here used to defend Eli to everyone and we always took **** for it. I'm proud we all recognized the QB he was at the time and what he could develop in to.

bigbluedefense
03-02-2012, 09:00 PM
Eli was always a great player. I know he's improved over the course of his career, but i honestly don't think he's improved that much. I think the players around him and the fit of the players around him have improved more than he has.

He started his career with a slow Toomer, a Burress who never practiced and ran wrong routes often, ditto for Shockey, it was a disaster for this offensive system to have those kind of guys.

Then he gets his own group of WRs to work with in Smith, Mario and Nicks, but it took them a little while to get used to the system. And now here he is.

We also let it fly more, which helps. Throughout his career, when we put the ball in his hands, he made **** happen. He's always been good.

What annoys me is when ppl say Eli sucked, then all of a sudden got good. No, that's ********. He was always a very good qb, it's just that everyone else didn't notice it bc you have to follow the team to see how it all played out.

This is finally Eli's offense, Eli's team. And the results show.

NY+Giants=NYG
03-02-2012, 09:10 PM
Hey NYG I saw your thread on BBI about every team with a young QB using Eli as an example of what could happen. Great post. The only problem for these other teams is Eli has improved every year he's been in the league while some of the other QB's have come in and done del enough but they've been stuck in neutral. Great post though as I was recently thinking of something similar.

Thanks man! This is my vacation spot, that's where I run my A game so to speak. That was a trend I have noticed on a lot of MBs, and so I saw the Ravens forum, and saw that thread and decided to post.

Well these QBs still haven't taken their step. Some may some may never, but Eli is now a "case study" for these fan bases. This gives them hope, and they use Eli as a path a QB can take. I see this a lot as I like to read various forums for fun. I like to see what non giants fans think of our players, and I am intrigued by points they make, and if they actually know the details of our team, or just throw out the bottom stat line.

bigbluedefense
03-03-2012, 10:22 AM
It sounds like the Giants aren't going to bring Chase back. I think that's a huge mistake. Chase definitely deserves to come back. I was never in agreement with letting him go to begin with.

Sometimes we get so caught up in potential that we are willing to let go of the safe sure thing. You know what you're getting with Chase. But apparently that's not good enough.

It's a huge mistake. He's a great backup LB who can play all 3 spots and provide us with quality play in case of injury, and he's a great special teamer.

You're telling me Greg Jones, Clint Sintim, hell even Mark Herzlich deserve a roster spot over Chase? ********.

Cut Sintim, cut Jones, bring back Chase. I think if we let him go, it's a bad decision and I won't agree with it at all.

Chase is one of my favorite players of all time.

LTgiants
03-03-2012, 10:34 AM
I thought Sintim was not supposed to be able to come back from his injury/