PDA

View Full Version : New York Giants Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

scottyboy
04-13-2012, 07:22 PM
i said on BBI, and I believe, chase had some options out there and I feel that we kinda gave him a guarantee he'd make the team to sign him back

Rosebud
04-13-2012, 07:29 PM
Anything other than wishful thinking to support that?

Giantsfan1080
04-13-2012, 07:54 PM
Jones is the only LB we have now that I'd cut. I like Herz and Paysinger.

LTgiants
04-13-2012, 08:00 PM
I like Jones on ST especially on Kickoff coverage.

Giantsfan1080
04-13-2012, 08:04 PM
I like Herz and Paysinger and Blackburn even better on ST. Jones wouldn't be a loss.

LTgiants
04-13-2012, 08:07 PM
I like Herz and Paysinger and Blackburn even better on ST. Jones wouldn't be a loss.

Idr Paysinger ever doing anything on ST or anything really past the preseason.

Giantsfan1080
04-13-2012, 08:09 PM
Idr Paysinger ever doing anything on ST or anything really past the preseason.

Hmm really? I could have swore he made a good amount of plays on specials last year. Unfortunately right now I'm drawing blanks on everything though.

LTgiants
04-13-2012, 08:12 PM
Hmm really? I could have swore he made a good amount of plays on specials last year. Unfortunately right now I'm drawing blanks on everything though.

I cant think of any off the top of my head. If he did I don't remember them.

OSUGiants17
04-13-2012, 09:08 PM
I can't remember anything from either of them. Jones at least started a few games so you know they have faith in him(even if it is only a little), while Paysinger has shown nothing. If they are equal on ST, but Jones at least has some ability to start we keep him. I hate both of them to be honest though

scottyboy
04-13-2012, 09:19 PM
you know what I remember? Chase being awesome. Picking off Rodgers. Picking off Brady. Being awesome. And being awesome.

Why the **** do I love Chase so much?

Giantsfan1080
04-13-2012, 09:21 PM
I remember Chase being awesome live at the Super Bowl!!! He was about a foot away from slapping my hand and then security made us leave. Bitches.

scottyboy
04-13-2012, 09:22 PM
he's just an awesome guy. 0 regard for his body, plays smart and just an awesome guy.

Also, I wonder if this hinders us from getting Stevie Beau or Khaseem next year Zak :/

OSUGiants17
04-13-2012, 09:25 PM
How long is the deal Chase signed? Cause as of right now, we still don't have a long term solution at MIKE

Giantsfan1080
04-13-2012, 09:27 PM
Only 1 year.

Giantsfan1080
04-13-2012, 09:29 PM
he's just an awesome guy. 0 regard for his body, plays smart and just an awesome guy.

Also, I wonder if this hinders us from getting Stevie Beau or Khaseem next year Zak :/

I like Greene but not for the Giants. Beau I'm not sure about. The 2 current Rutgers players I want on the Giants are Ryan and Coleman. Both 1st rounders and if Coleman puts it together the sky's the limit. It will be the first time I'm saying this but I can see Coleman as a top 15 pick possibly top 10. No bull. It all depends on his development though.

OSUGiants17
04-13-2012, 09:34 PM
Can you guys ever use full names for us non-Rutgers fans. It's always cute pet names when you guys talk about them. I mean I know it's hard for scotty to type their full name when he is only typing with one hand, but I would like to know who we are talking about.

Giantsfan1080
04-13-2012, 09:36 PM
Can you guys ever use full names for us non-Rutgers fans. It's always cute pet names when you guys talk about them. I mean I know it's hard for scotty to type their full name when he is only typing with one hand, but I would like to know who we are talking about.

In that paragraph it was Khaseem Greene(LB), Steve Beauharnais(LB), and Brandon Coleman(WR). Coleman is 6'6 and fast as ****. If he puts it together I'll never stop talking about him.

scottyboy
04-13-2012, 10:13 PM
Khassem Greene is the convert safety who was DPOY Big east last year at LB. He'd fill the Grant role perfectly if we feel Sash can't do it or want to duplicate it with Greene. Beauharnis is a more traditional LBer whom I LOVE. Probably a 4th round guy at this point IMO, but i love him. Just a great all around LBer. Logan Ryan is the next great RU corner. Just so sound in every aspect of the game. All those guys are seniors except Logan, he's a junior. Coleman is a super stud freak...if he puts it together as Zak said. 6'6, blazing speed, freak jumping ability. Gonna be a sophomore this year, so we're all expecting big things

OSUGiants17
04-13-2012, 10:15 PM
Thanks guys, I will keep an eye for them. If you got questions about any Buckeyes ask me :D

bigbluedefense
04-13-2012, 10:26 PM
Chase! <3333

Forenci
04-14-2012, 01:07 AM
you know what I remember? Chase being awesome. Picking off Rodgers. Picking off Brady. Being awesome. And being awesome.

Why the **** do I love Chase so much?

Because you like white people so much.

I do not like white people on the other hand.

Chase is 'aight though.

OSUGiants17
04-14-2012, 09:58 AM
So I think our only big draft needs now are OT and RB. Look for a WR, DT, and DE as well when the value is there. My ideal draft right now would be:
1. Mike Adams
2. Mohamed Sanu(a lot of mocks have him falling this far)
3. Robert Turbin
4a and 4b. DL depth
6. TE
7. BPA

bigbluedefense
04-14-2012, 10:40 AM
It sounds like Rivers is going to play OLB for us. Coughlin mentioned how he's great on the outside and big enough to blitz off the edge. Sounds like he could be our SAMbacker in our 43 front, and probably 1 of the 2 ILBs in our nickel package.

That makes sense if you move Kiwi to full time DE, move Rivers to SAM in our base. Bringing back Chase also leads me to believe that, bc if they were moving Rivers to MIKE, why bring back Chase?

bigbluedefense
04-14-2012, 10:41 AM
It also seems like this move means Williams is on the bench and will be a rotational LB probably mostly in our nickel package.

Giantsfan1080
04-14-2012, 10:47 AM
Someone brought it up on BBI that maybe all these moves are foreshadowing an Osi deal. Get all these LB's, move Kiwi back to DE full time, trade Osi. I really hope not

Giantsfan1080
04-14-2012, 10:48 AM
Khassem Greene is the convert safety who was DPOY Big east last year at LB. He'd fill the Grant role perfectly if we feel Sash can't do it or want to duplicate it with Greene. Beauharnis is a more traditional LBer whom I LOVE. Probably a 4th round guy at this point IMO, but i love him. Just a great all around LBer. Logan Ryan is the next great RU corner. Just so sound in every aspect of the game. All those guys are seniors except Logan, he's a junior. Coleman is a super stud freak...if he puts it together as Zak said. 6'6, blazing speed, freak jumping ability. Gonna be a sophomore this year, so we're all expecting big things

Ryan is already better than DMac. He seriously reminds me of Revis. As for Greene I just don't know. As of last year he was just to small to hold up as an NFL LB. I know he's put on weight this year so let's see if he still has the same speed.

OSUGiants17
04-14-2012, 10:49 AM
It also seems like this move means Williams is on the bench and will be a rotational LB probably mostly in our nickel package.

Which makes me haz a sad. I really liked what I saw from Williams this year. I guess they feel he isn't ready to start just yet. Whatever, next year will be his time to shine.

Giantsfan1080
04-14-2012, 10:50 AM
I'm a high fan of Williams also. If they think he might need one more year before he starts that's fine.

OSUGiants17
04-14-2012, 10:52 AM
Plus if Rivers get's injured they will have no problem throwing him in there

bigbluedefense
04-14-2012, 11:03 AM
I like Williams as well. I actually would prefer Williams over Rivers. Always take youth, especially since he looked so good last year. He's only going to get better with more game time. And he's a great blitzer. Even though he's small, I think he could definitely play SAM in our 43, and OLB in our nickel. He's our best blitzing LB.

As for Osi, I'd say the signs are pointing in the direction of an Osi trade. I think we see a draft day trade with Osi. He's already come out and stated how he wants to start and wants more money etc. I think this is the year we move on from him.

bigbluedefense
04-14-2012, 11:05 AM
My guess is we see a draft day trade of Osi, move Kiwi to full time DE as our 3rd DE, and we draft a DE in the 1st or 2nd. Bc Kiwi's contract is coming up too, we're going to go from 4 deep at DE to only having 2 in a year. That's a big hit, they have to start developing a DE sooner than later via the draft.

Rosebud
04-14-2012, 11:44 AM
If we trade Osi and move Kiwi to DE then does it matter who's the SAM and who's the WILL between Rivers and Jacquain? Both have the fluidity to cover and both have flashed the ability to get after the QB, although I prefer Williams blitzing.

Even if we don't trade Osi and move Kiwi to DE Rivers injury concerns wouldn't have me too upset with Jacquain starting off on the bench, plus we could take off Joseph for Jacquain instead of going to our big nickel. Slide tuck inside, have Kiwi put his paw in the dirt and play Jacquain somewhere between a SAM and the tweener role Grant played.

bigbluedefense
04-14-2012, 11:48 AM
It does matter. Boley is not going to be our MIKE. That's just a smokescreen. He's our WILL. In our nickel he calls the plays, but he still plays WILL. Rivers will probably play SAM in the 4-3, and in the nickel. Chase is probably a 2 down MIKE in our base 4-3. And Williams is going to be on the bench and play when someone is hurt.

BaLLiN
04-14-2012, 11:53 AM
Someone brought it up on BBI that maybe all these moves are foreshadowing an Osi deal. Get all these LB's, move Kiwi back to DE full time, trade Osi. I really hope not

Either way you look at it, its not a bad situation.

Rosebud
04-14-2012, 11:54 AM
Here's how I see it. We have a few different looks we can use at LB. Boley-Chase-Kiwi, Boley-Chase-Rivers/Williams, Williams-Boley-Rivers, Williams/Rivers-Boley-Kiwi. And that we'll use all of those lineups through the course of the season, even if no one gets hurt. Which one sees the field the most will be decided by the team we're facing, our game plan and which is being the most effective on the field.

BaLLiN
04-14-2012, 11:54 AM
It does matter. Boley is not going to be our MIKE. That's just a smokescreen. He's our WILL. In our nickel he calls the plays, but he still plays WILL. Rivers will probably play SAM in the 4-3, and in the nickel. Chase is probably a 2 down MIKE in our base 4-3. And Williams is going to be on the bench and play when someone is hurt.

I dont want that to happen, Williams was really coming on :/

bigbluedefense
04-14-2012, 11:58 AM
You can't just throw 3 OLBs on the field and expect it to work. That's not how LB works. The assignments are different, the type of blocks to shed are different, there's a lot more that goes into it.

Boley can't just slide into MIKE. These aren't checker pieces that you just move around on a board. He has absolutely no MIKE qualities. We'll get eaten alive in the run game if we throw 3 OLBs out there in our base 4-3.

The guys who made the transition from OLB to MIKE are guys who had MIKE ability. Beason, Ryans, these guys had the feet and instincts to play the position, and the explosion and core strength to handle the transition.

Boley is a run and chase guy. He can't play MIKE. Sure on a pass play, he can, but that's only half the battle.

Remember they tried moving Bulluck to MIKE? How did that turn out? It didn't even last throughout PS. It doesn't work. You can't just move OLBs to MIKE.

Giantsfan1080
04-14-2012, 11:59 AM
For me it is Ballin. I don't get the Osi hate. So he wants more money, he deserves it. He would start on any other team in the NFL and the idea that he's the worst against the run is also false. We don't get to and win the 2 Super Bowls with out him. More than any other guy we lost he'll hurt the most. They need to re-sign him.

bigbluedefense
04-14-2012, 12:00 PM
I would love to keep Osi. I just don't see how it's possible. Osi is our best pure pass rusher.

He's good for 1 sack and turnover a game. You can't put a price on that.

Giantsfan1080
04-14-2012, 12:01 PM
You can't just throw 3 OLBs on the field and expect it to work. That's not how LB works. The assignments are different, the type of blocks to shed are different, there's a lot more that goes into it.

Boley can't just slide into MIKE. These aren't checker pieces that you just move around on a board. He has absolutely no MIKE qualities. We'll get eaten alive in the run game if we throw 3 OLBs out there in our base 4-3.

The guys who made the transition from OLB to MIKE are guys who had MIKE ability. Beason, Ryans, these guys had the feet and instincts to play the position, and the explosion and core strength to handle the transition.

Boley is a run and chase guy. He can't play MIKE. Sure on a pass play, he can, but that's only half the battle.

Remember they tried moving Bulluck to MIKE? How did that turn out? It didn't even last throughout PS. It doesn't work. You can't just move OLBs to MIKE.

We hardly used a Mike the last 2 years. It is easier than you think especially for a student of the game like Boley. The Giants wouldn't move him there on a whim unless they were 100% sure he could make the transition.

bigbluedefense
04-14-2012, 12:04 PM
We hardly used a Mike the last 2 years. It is easier than you think especially for a student of the game like Boley. The Giants wouldn't move him there on a whim unless they were 100% sure he could make the transition.

We hardly use a MIKE bc of the scheme, they rather give up some in the run game and put a 3rd safety out there who can defend the deep middle in a Tampa 2 shell.

That doesn't mean we don't want to use a MIKE more, the staff just feels that we're incapable of doing so bc we lack talent there.

Trust me, they don't want to use big nickel as our base defense. They would prefer to use a regular base defense like everyone else, but they just don't have the LBs to do so.

Boley won't play MIKE in a 4-3. Chase will. Boley will call the plays in our nickel, and we'll probably use big nickel even more now than we did last year. But in our base 4-3, Boley will still be on the outside. He won't play the middle. I'll be shocked if he's our starting MIKE in our base 4-3.

Rosebud
04-14-2012, 12:06 PM

If it doesn't work it doesn't work, but I just have a feeling that this is something the team has thought about before and they think that Boley has shown that he can read the play from the middle well enough to play there. Do I expect him to become Jon Beason against the run? Of course not, but if he is able to read the flow of the play from there, then it's a very interesting look for us to use in certain situations, like when we're facing pass heavy teams with poor interior OLs that Joseph and Canty will be able to keep him clean behind. Even then I'm not saying play Jacquain-Boley-Rivers as our base 4-3, but as an alternative to the big nickel? Could be interesting.

Giantsfan1080
04-14-2012, 12:09 PM
We hardly use a MIKE bc of the scheme, they rather give up some in the run game and put a 3rd safety out there who can defend the deep middle in a Tampa 2 shell.

That doesn't mean we don't want to use a MIKE more, the staff just feels that we're incapable of doing so bc we lack talent there.

Trust me, they don't want to use big nickel as our base defense. They would prefer to use a regular base defense like everyone else, but they just don't have the LBs to do so.

Boley won't play MIKE in a 4-3. Chase will. Boley will call the plays in our nickel, and we'll probably use big nickel even more now than we did last year. But in our base 4-3, Boley will still be on the outside. He won't play the middle. I'll be shocked if he's our starting MIKE in our base 4-3.

And it still worked. The way the passing game is in the NFL now you don't need a traditional Mike and whether we didn't go that way because of talent or we chose to it doesn't matter. It actually fell into our lap and more and more teams will start to copy what we did as long as everyone is passing. We don't need a Mike. I was calling for Kuechly for over a year and a half now and I'd love to have him but it's we don't need a MLB.

scottyboy
04-14-2012, 12:13 PM
OR

we could clone Chase and start 3 Chases. problem solved

but seriously, we have so much LB talent and diversity now, it's awesome. And none of these guys are douchers who're gonna complain for more time

ifidel
04-14-2012, 12:33 PM
It's way too early to be debating about this. That being said, I'd like to keep Boley at Will (Or Sam as Perry would call it) in our 4-3. However, once it goes to Nic, Boley does play Mike. He is responsible for front calls and checks. Also remmeber that the reason we moved 'Trel back to the Slot Corner was cuz TT got hurt. The reason we won't bring back Grant is 'cause we can keep Trel at SS in the Nic and move TT over to the slot. If Prince is healthy, he can play that RCB, If not we got Molden for that. The 3 Safety package will totally disappear. We are deep everywhere, except the line. We need another 1shade Nose, in case Marvin doesn't work.

Giantsfan1080
04-14-2012, 12:37 PM
Why do the Eagles have a hard on for Tannehill?

Rosebud
04-14-2012, 12:43 PM

Cause Vick's 32 and breaks a lot while Tannehill has a lot of potential and would be a very good understudy to Vick. If Andy Reid has a longer leash than people suspect I wouldn't like that pick very much since I think Tannehill can become a top ten QB with a good coach, and Reid is a good QB's coach.

bigbluedefense
04-14-2012, 12:49 PM
It's way too early to be debating about this. That being said, I'd like to keep Boley at Will (Or Sam as Perry would call it) in our 4-3. However, once it goes to Nic, Boley does play Mike. He is responsible for front calls and checks. Also remmeber that the reason we moved 'Trel back to the Slot Corner was cuz TT got hurt. The reason we won't bring back Grant is 'cause we can keep Trel at SS in the Nic and move TT over to the slot. If Prince is healthy, he can play that RCB, If not we got Molden for that. The 3 Safety package will totally disappear. We are deep everywhere, except the line. We need another 1shade Nose, in case Marvin doesn't work.

Canty is also coming off contract soon, and we need another gap shooter inside in case Austin doesn't pan out bc those are the only 2 guys currently on the roster that fits the profile.

I know he's not a pass rusher, but if Brockers falls, I'd be intrigued. Him and Joseph together could be a poor man's version of Adams/Siragusa.

Giantsfan1080
Cause Vick's 32 and breaks a lot while Tannehill has a lot of potential and would be a very good understudy to Vick. If Andy Reid has a longer leash than people suspect I wouldn't like that pick very much since I think Tannehill can become a top ten QB with a good coach, and Reid is a good QB's coach.

He's an excellent QB coach but it seems like that FO always tries to "outsmart" everyone. They are built to win now so if they want to trade up and a waste a 1st rounder on a QB then whatever.

bigbluedefense

Good. Let them. I can't wait to slap Tannehill around. Trade the farm for him Philly.

Giantsfan1080
04-14-2012, 12:50 PM
Good. Let them. I can't wait to slap Tannehill around. Trade the farm for him Philly.

I'm with you on that as referenced in my above post. I don't get them.

scottyboy
04-14-2012, 12:55 PM
i love brockers. if he fell, that'd be fantastic

bigbluedefense
04-14-2012, 12:56 PM
I'm with you on that as referenced in my above post. I don't get them.

Honestly, I think it's a smokescreen. Fat Andy is close to Heckertt (sp?), and I'm sure Cleveland wants to create buzz that they're looking for a trade partner, so Fat Andy probably agreed to give the impression that they'd move into that spot with Cleveland and build up the value of that pick so Cleveland can move it for more pieces.

I wouldn't take it at face value just yet.

BaLLiN
04-14-2012, 01:00 PM
For me it is Ballin. I don't get the Osi hate. So he wants more money, he deserves it. He would start on any other team in the NFL and the idea that he's the worst against the run is also false. We don't get to and win the 2 Super Bowls with out him. More than any other guy we lost he'll hurt the most. They need to re-sign him.

It's not all Osi hate. I feel like its best for both of us. He gets money in a restructure after the trade, we get a pick in compensation that would help us more than just one year. He would start on any other team just because of his first step, he hasn't been at all effective versus the run and he frequently overshoots the quarterback which gives soo much more time.

Come on, he really is bad versus the run, he cannot operate with a blocker on him, can't set the edge, and gets overpowered a lot. That was apparent throughout the past 3 years.

You are right about the superbowls. He was a beast and that was probably because he was brought in on obvious passing downs. He can get that elite first step and when we blitz along with that its deadly. That said is he going to be the same next year? probably. Is he going to be the same 2 or 3 years into the future in his 30's? probably not. That is why I want to cash in now so we can benefit later.

OSUGiants17
04-14-2012, 01:49 PM
i love brockers. if he fell, that'd be fantastic

Agreed, I am very high on Brockers. He has a ton of potential and you know Reese has wanted an impact DT for a few years now. If I remember correctly, in the draft with McCoy and Suh, Reese said it would be incredible if we could get one of them and it would be a great addition to this DL if we had a DT of their caliber. Not saying Brockers is up there yet, but he has potential and with guys on our DL helping him, he could be a stud. The only question is, does he fall that far?

BaLLiN
04-14-2012, 02:46 PM
So we aren't going to give Marvin Austin a fair chance? Sure If Brockers falls to our pick why not, but to trade up and get him isn't worth it.

scottyboy
04-14-2012, 02:58 PM
I've been against getting a DT early because I wanna give Austin a chance...but if Brockers falls...man that'd be a stud pick. A rotation of him, Canty, Joseph and Austin? perfect

bigbluedefense
04-14-2012, 03:33 PM
Well I look at it like this: I expect Brockers to be a stud run defender and an immovable object in the middle. Like Joseph but better, and with more upside. If he adds any pass rush on top of that, then great. But can you imagine how strong our dline would be with Tuck and JPP on the edges, and Joseph and Brockers in the middle? My God, no OL in the league would gain a yard on the ground against us, and we'd just bulldoze them on the way to the qb.

I want to give Austin a chance, but I just can't sell myself on him. I did not like him coming out, and I just don't know if he's going to be a good player. I hope he does, but I can't convince myself of it.

OSUGiants17
04-14-2012, 06:15 PM
I'll give Austin a chance, but after missing 2 years of football I'm not too confident in him and this is Canty's contract year. So if Brockers falls, we pounce. Fletcher Cox would be pure sex though, sadly never gonna happen.

NY+Giants=NYG
04-16-2012, 12:01 PM
Giants restructure linebacker Keith Rivers' contract to a one-year deal

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/04/giants_restructure_linebacker.html

Giantsfan1080
04-16-2012, 01:02 PM
We also re-signed Bear to a 1 year deal.

scottyboy
04-16-2012, 01:32 PM
power. moves.

OSUGiants17
04-16-2012, 03:28 PM
Jerry Reese takin over tha game doe! Repeat is a lock with all these power moves.

NY+Giants=NYG
04-16-2012, 03:48 PM
If JJ develops, and that's a big IF in our system, I want to see a lot more 4 wide sets with:

X - Nicks
z -Hixon
F - Cruz
H- JJ

If Bennett turns out to be a good player and can use his athletic ability to do good things expect to see some formations from the Shockey era, where we used a lot of Y -Trips, 3 X 1 formations. We used it last season but with Beckum.

If JJ's development can take that step, our 4 wide formations have a potential to be flat out deadly with the choice and option routes associated with them.

Some passing concepts I'd like to see is mesh. I want to see Cruz and JJ running mesh. We ran that concept when bear scored during the SF playoff game. It's one of my favorite concepts in ALL levels of footballs. You can even use it playing flag football and in the backyard.

But I was thinking of the possibilities while looking at my football binder and I have to say I am excited about our potential thus far. Now we need to get that potential to translate to production is the key step.

Big_Pete
04-16-2012, 11:46 PM

I don't know how the LBs will play out, and I suspect the front office isn't sure until after the draft.

But Reese has mentioned Boley as an option at MLB.
Boley in the middle wouldn't be that unlike Fewell moving Poslunzy inside at Buffalo.
If it did happen it would mean we need big guys inside to limit blockers on Boley. We have Canty and Joseph, but Reese has hinted his concern about Austin, yet we haven't signed a cheap vet (like Bernard). In fact it seems we have addressed almost every other of our major depth needs this week.
I am starting to expect a DT quite early.

bigbluedefense
04-17-2012, 07:44 AM
If JJ develops, and that's a big IF in our system, I want to see a lot more 4 wide sets with:

X - Nicks
z -Hixon
F - Cruz
H- JJ

If Bennett turns out to be a good player and can use his athletic ability to do good things expect to see some formations from the Shockey era, where we used a lot of Y -Trips, 3 X 1 formations. We used it last season but with Beckum.

If JJ's development can take that step, our 4 wide formations have a potential to be flat out deadly with the choice and option routes associated with them.

Some passing concepts I'd like to see is mesh. I want to see Cruz and JJ running mesh. We ran that concept when bear scored during the SF playoff game. It's one of my favorite concepts in ALL levels of footballs. You can even use it playing flag football and in the backyard.

But I was thinking of the possibilities while looking at my football binder and I have to say I am excited about our potential thus far. Now we need to get that potential to translate to production is the key step.

I hate 4 WR sets. You can't run out of it. Plus I fear leaving our OL to fend for themselves against a spread out dline when we go 4 wide.

Jughead10
04-17-2012, 07:44 AM
I hate 4 WR sets. You can't run out of it. Plus I fear leaving our OL to fend for themselves against a spread out dline when we go 4 wide.

Yes you can. WARE ON THE DRAW!!!!!!!!!!

bigbluedefense
04-17-2012, 07:50 AM
Yes you can. WARE ON THE DRAW!!!!!!!!!!

Hell yes! 2 ypc ftw.

Jughead10
04-17-2012, 07:55 AM
Hell yes! 2 ypc ftw.

That's all you need for a 2 point conversion.

bigbluedefense
04-17-2012, 07:59 AM
That's all you need for a 2 point conversion.

Touche.

Sounds like Ware needs a contract extension.

Giantsfan1080
04-17-2012, 10:25 AM
Schedule release is tonight. Going to be anoter crazy with tons of good games. Looking forward to the Giants/Ravens matchup in particular.

bigbluedefense
04-17-2012, 10:28 AM
It's basically a ghost town in terms of football news until draft day at this point.

Nothing new or exciting to talk about with the Giants. Can you imagine how boring it's going to get after the draft?

Jughead10
04-17-2012, 10:30 AM
It's basically a ghost town in terms of football news until draft day at this point.

Nothing new or exciting to talk about with the Giants. Can you imagine how boring it's going to get after the draft?

Baseball fills that gap for me. I know you really don't like it though.

bigbluedefense
04-17-2012, 10:34 AM
Baseball fills that gap for me. I know you really don't like it though.

Yeah I tried getting into it but I can't. Basketball fills the gap until the end of June for me. But there's nothing like football. Sundays during football season is basically football day, I love it so much. I shut down and do nothing productive on Sundays during football season.

Giantsfan1080
04-17-2012, 10:35 AM
Yeah I have baseball that keeps me busy also. After the draft we'll have a good week or two of discussion but then it'll probably be nothing until camps open.

Jughead10
04-17-2012, 10:37 AM
Yeah I tried getting into it but I can't. Basketball fills the gap until the end of June for me. But there's nothing like football. Sundays during football season is basically football day, I love it so much. I shut down and do nothing productive on Sundays during football season.

I hear you, but I also like having a full day of the week back when the season ends too.

bigbluedefense
04-17-2012, 10:38 AM
I hear you, but I also like having a full day of the week back when the season ends too.

That's true too. Which is great that it coincides with the summer when you typically make vacation plans or want to go out etc.

Nebula
04-17-2012, 01:11 PM
Is it just me, or did Goff play better than I remember him playing:

DdlnexBi2sg

I hope Boley or Rivers can take his place, but I am not sure they are as physical and downhill-crazy like Goff was in this video

Bostonblows91
04-17-2012, 01:52 PM
Is it just me, or did Goff play better than I remember him playing:

DdlnexBi2sg

I hope Boley or Rivers can take his place, but I am not sure they are as physical and downhill-crazy like Goff was in this video

75% of those plays were due to our beast D-Line play though.

bigbluedefense
04-17-2012, 02:46 PM
Goff was never a bad player. Always great vs the run and smart. Average in the pass game. Like a poor man's Curtis Lofton. I thought he was going to break out this year, he worked on his hips and improved his flexibility and looked really smooth in coverage in the preseason. Also a contract year, it just felt like a break out year for him, but then he tore his ACL.

I wish him the best, but I rather keep Chase to be honest bc he's more vocal than Goff and underrated in his own right.

Giantsfan1080
04-17-2012, 04:36 PM
Well here it is. Somehow it's more brutal than last year.

Week 1 - vs. Dallas Cowboys (Wed, Sept. 5)

Week 2 - vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Week 3 - at Carolina Panthers (Thursday)

Week 4 - at Philadelphia Eagles

Week 5 - vs. Cleveland Browns

Week 6 - at San Francisco 49ers

Week 7 - vs. Washington Redskins

Week 8 - at Dallas Cowboys

Week 9 - vs. Pittsburgh Steelers

Week 10 - at Cincinnati Bengals

Week 11 - BYE (Nov. 18)

Week 12 - vs. Green Bay Packers

Week 13 - at Washington Redskins

Week 14 - vs. New Orleans Saints

Week 15 - at Atlanta Falcons

Week 16 - at Baltimore Ravens

Week 17 - vs. Philadelphia Eagles

NY+Giants=NYG
04-17-2012, 05:44 PM

Pshhht.. One word.. Very powerful. Ready? DRAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But let them.. We have a RB in tow to block, and we can always have Eli hand signal the Wrs if he sees a quick pass opportunity.

NY+Giants=NYG
04-17-2012, 05:45 PM
'80 it's because have the hardest schedule in the NFL. LOL. Meanwhile, GB and NE have the easiest!

Giantsfan1080
04-17-2012, 05:56 PM
Yeah it sucks but when we repeat it's going to make it feel even better!!

Giantsfan1080
04-17-2012, 06:09 PM
Only 1 Monday night game which is the @Redskins. We have @Eagles and vs. Packers as Sunday night games.

NY+Giants=NYG
04-17-2012, 06:13 PM
And opening of the season, where we are on national tv. We have a thurs. night game too I think.

Giantsfan1080
04-17-2012, 06:30 PM
Yes we do. Week 3 is Thursday @Carolina.

NY+Giants=NYG
04-17-2012, 08:06 PM
That should be a fun game! Let's knock Cameron around.

bigbluedefense
04-18-2012, 07:16 AM
The media is already predicting we don't make the playoffs bc of our schedule and bc of the Eagles and Cowboys. Hopefully the team uses that as motivation.

I'm not saying we repeat as champions bc that's practically impossible in today's league, but I do expect us to make it to the playoffs.

Jughead10
04-18-2012, 07:21 AM
The media is already predicting we don't make the playoffs bc of our schedule and bc of the Eagles and Cowboys. Hopefully the team uses that as motivation.

I'm not saying we repeat as champions bc that's practically impossible in today's league, but I do expect us to make it to the playoffs.

The schedule is tough. But didn't we have the hardest schedule last year too? Basically it's the same schedule. The main difference in my mind is The Steelers/Ravens instead of the Pats/Jets.

Giantsfan1080
04-18-2012, 07:59 AM
The schedule is tough but it sets up well. We're just going to have to win the games against the teams we're clearly better than.

Jughead10
04-18-2012, 08:19 AM
The schedule is tough but it sets up well. We're just going to have to win the games against the teams we're clearly better than.

Which won't happen. But we'll make up for it my a crazy win or two against the big boys of the league. That's the way it always happen. Some idiot radio host was playing the Win Loss game with the schedule today and I wanted to call and scream at him for wasting my time.

bigbluedefense
04-18-2012, 08:22 AM
I think strong schedules also sets you up to be more battle tested come playoff time. To be a SB champion, you have to learn how to win close games during the season, you need a little bit of luck, and you have to be battle tested during the season.

The schedule will definitely test our team's mental toughness. We'll see how it shapes up. The key is winning the division games. Gotta go at least 4-2 in the division to have a chance of winning it.

Giantsfan1080
04-18-2012, 08:34 AM
We can win the division at 3-3 like we did last year. And since we are a big boy team let's not forget everyone has us circled as it's a tough game. As always we need to stay as healthy as possible.

The Saints away from the dome don't scare me as much and who knows where they'll be mentally by then if they start off slow because of the suspensions. I think the Bengals might also take a stepb ack and our D-Line should scare Dalton. We can do 10-6 here.

NY+Giants=NYG
04-18-2012, 08:46 AM

Yeah, our schedule is down right unfair. I am not sure why this cowboys love comes up year after year. How many times have they reached the play offs in like the last 15 years? Twice? But I hope our team uses this and sticks to what we do best and let's see what happens!

Fewell and injuries are a key factor! He NEEDS to get his head out of his butt!

Rosebud
04-18-2012, 08:54 AM
I guess I'm the only one not so worried about the schedule. Bengals are the scariestteam inthe AFC North so it's a good time play the Steelers and Ravens. We have to do well against our division but the NFC South is very iffy. Saints awayfrom the dome aren't so great, the Falcons are the Falcons, the Bucs are very young and were really undisciplined last year and the Panthers will beat us cause they're not very good outside of Cam Cam and their RBs. It's tough but it's absolutely manageable.

NY+Giants=NYG
04-18-2012, 08:56 AM
For me it comes down to Fewell and injuries at a specific position. When we get that bug it kills 1 or 2 positions. For once, if we can stay healthy and Fewell doesn't stink, I would feel better!

Giantsfan1080
04-18-2012, 08:57 AM
I don't think the Bengals are the toughest. They are the team that comes out of no where to make the playoffs and then take a step or two back the next year. They're set for the future but they are not as tough as the Ravens on the road.

NY+Giants=NYG
04-18-2012, 09:06 AM
It's going to be a dogfight either way. We need to play well. Every year I say this, but we have games where we don't show up and lose. This has happened for a while now. Seattle we lost to last season, and now, this season which team will we lose to, that is weaker than us? It's going to happen.. It always happens with us!

Giantsfan1080
04-18-2012, 09:15 AM
Well the only teams clearly weaker than us out of division this year are the Bucs, Browns, and Panthers. Choose one.

BigBlueNorwegian
04-18-2012, 09:31 AM
Well the only teams clearly weaker than us out of division this year are the Bucs, Browns, and Panthers. Choose one.

We should win against Bucs and Browns without even showing up 100%. I'm going to say Panthers. Thursday night game, like the one against the Broncos a couple of seasons back on thanksgiving, the one where Osi got benched for the first time. That was a horrible game.

NY+Giants=NYG
04-18-2012, 09:32 AM
Hmm.. Browns beat us before once on national tv.. Bucs, I think we can still beat. So Panthers.. I'd go Panthers if i were to pick 1 of the 3 to beat us.

bigbluedefense
04-18-2012, 10:23 AM
The schedule itself is misleading in the sense that there's so much parity in the NFL, you don't really know who's going to suck and who's going to be good on any given year.

There's like 4 to 5 teams every year that's consistent. The rest of the league runs hot and cold, and who knows if these perceived hard teams are actually difficult teams come game time. You just don't know. There's too much parity to truly know right now.

If I told you this time last year that the Eagles would be 8-8 I bet nobody would believe me. You just don't know who's going to be good right now.

BigBlueNorwegian
04-18-2012, 01:15 PM
The schedule itself is misleading in the sense that there's so much parity in the NFL, you don't really know who's going to suck and who's going to be good on any given year.

There's like 4 to 5 teams every year that's consistent. The rest of the league runs hot and cold, and who knows if these perceived hard teams are actually difficult teams come game time. You just don't know. There's too much parity to truly know right now.

If I told you this time last year that the Eagles would be 8-8 I bet nobody would believe me. You just don't know who's going to be good right now.

This is exactly how I feel, with one small exception. I tend to count how many games a season we have against QBs I would rank above, even with or slightly behind our own, and that's the number of losses I ultimately expect us to have, plus or minus one.

This is not an exact science at all, and I'm not saying that the games against the other QBs in Eli's class, are the ones we lose. But this method gives me a perception of the strength of the teams we're facing any given season. It's become such a QB driven league, that it's almost a "league within the league" at that position.

So if I look at this years schedule with my "method", We should go anywhere from 9-7 to 11-5. The QBs I rank above, even with or slightly behind Eli on this years schedule are Big Ben, Romo x2, Rodgers, Brees and Cam Newton(projected for 2012)

scottyboy
04-19-2012, 09:00 AM
you know, I'm actually REALLY pumped to see what Da'Rel Scott can do. A year of coaching and learning, getting a full offseason. I think he can be a factor for us this year, I really do. The coaching staff seems high on him and MG tweeted he's bigger, stronger and confident this year. We do have some potentially exciting young guys

and we have Chase. I lovee Chase

Bostonblows91
04-19-2012, 10:19 AM
you know, I'm actually REALLY pumped to see what Da'Rel Scott can do. A year of coaching and learning, getting a full offseason. I think he can be a factor for us this year, I really do. The coaching staff seems high on him and MG tweeted he's bigger, stronger and confident this year. We do have some potentially exciting young guys

and we have Chase. I lovee Chase

This. you never know who will step up during the season, which is why i love JR's draft philosophy of taking the absolutely best player on his board when they pick.

Giantsfan1080
04-19-2012, 10:22 AM
Garafolo just put up the article about Scott. It's sort of why I'm against drafting a RB early because I still think he, Bradshaw, and Ware will be fine.

NY+Giants=NYG
04-19-2012, 10:50 AM
For a team that wants balance, I don't think we are fine. Scott is raw, and bradshaw and Ware are injury prone. At least Bradshaw has played with 2 messed up feet, while Ware is Mr. Concussion. So if he gets hit on the head he is sidelined. So I don't think we are fine at RB. Not if we want balance. If we do what Lions and Stafford, and NO and Brees do and throw 67% of the time, meaning Eli throwing 663 or 657 times this year, then we are fine. But that's not our system. So we need backs that can be productive.

Giantsfan1080
04-19-2012, 11:10 AM
I only remember Ware having that 1 concussion but I could be wrong. Scott is unproven but the coaches will know if he's ready or not. Every player you have will not have experience.

scottyboy
04-19-2012, 11:11 AM
We need a 4th back because of injuries, preferably a big power guy. That being said, I want one later and I want Scott to see some carries. If he's stronger and kept that speed...then watch out!

Giantsfan1080
04-19-2012, 11:18 AM
I didn't say don't draft a RB at all. I said just don't take one that early. I think that would be one position I'd be mad at if we went that way in the 1st. It seems that we do like Martin out of Boise.

bigbluedefense
04-19-2012, 11:23 AM
I'm fine with a 3rd round RB. I think the peak value for RBs will be in round 3.

CDCB14
04-19-2012, 11:26 AM
I'm fine with a 3rd round RB. I think the peak value for RBs will be in round 3.

If you guys land Robert Turbin I will probably throw something at my TV. My sleeper in this draft is Lennon Creer out of Louisiana Tech. Gets north and south with power but has enough speed to get to the edge and break a long one from time to time. I find that those running backs always turn out to be the best in the NFL. These scat backs (Reggie Bush, Felix Jones, etc.) never end up working out. I don't care if the guy runs a 4.6, just give me a guy who can get 5 yards going north and can run a guy over if need be. If he has some wiggle thats nice, but it isn't a necessity. I never understood the point of having a "speed" back. You need to be able to get through the line of scrimmage to use that speed. Give me the all around, doug martin type any day over some guy who runs a 4.3.

Giantsfan1080
04-19-2012, 11:26 AM
Sounds like Ryan Moats.

bigbluedefense
04-19-2012, 11:29 AM
If you guys land Robert Turbin I will probably throw something at my TV. My sleeper in this draft is Lennon Creer out of Louisiana Tech. Gets north and south with power but has enough speed to get to the edge and break a long one from time to time. I find that those running backs always turn out to be the best in the NFL. These scat backs (Reggie Bush, Felix Jones, etc.) never end up working out. I don't care if the guy runs a 4.6, just give me a guy who can get 5 yards going north and can run a guy over if need be. If he has some wiggle thats nice, but it isn't a necessity. I never understood the point of having a "speed" back. You need to be able to get through the line of scrimmage to use that speed. Give me the all around, doug martin type any day over some guy who runs a 4.3.

Turbin is the guy I'm eying. If we can grab him I'll be estatic. I think Turbin is starting to become a little overrated on this forum, but he's still the guy I want. But there will be other RBs with great value available in the 3rd as well. I prefer Turbin bc he can be Jacob's replacement, but I wouldn't mind some other guys as well.

scottyboy
04-19-2012, 11:32 AM
Even though I hate temple, i like pierce if he's there in the 3rd

Giantsfan1080
04-19-2012, 11:35 AM
Even though I hate temple, i like pierce if he's there in the 3rd

No thanks. He's already been hurt way to much for a RB.

CDCB14
04-19-2012, 11:41 AM
Here is a highlight tape of Creer, give it a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CaRJqAB9HQ

He's 5'11 3/8'' 220 pounds. Ran a 4.7 at the combine but I really don't care and he plays a lot faster. He's kind of the same as what the Giants already (bigger bradshaw, better Ware but similar style) have so it wouldn't be the greatest fit, but he's just a good running back. I'd love him on the Cowboys to back up Murray.

scottyboy
04-20-2012, 12:25 PM
we signed DeOssie to a 3 year extension.

Power. *******. Moves

OSUGiants17
04-20-2012, 03:15 PM
I just don't trust Ware and Scott to carry the team if Bradshaw goes down. That is why I want Turbin so bad, Turbin as our power back with Scott as our speed and Bradshaw as our do it all every down guy would be sex

bigbluedefense
04-20-2012, 03:39 PM
I hate DeOssie. That douche.

Thanks for the long snapping.

Giantsfan1080
04-20-2012, 04:01 PM
I hate DeOssie. That douche.

Thanks for the long snapping.

Deossie is a great special teams player. Not many long snappers consistenly get down the field to make tackles like he does.

Also, Trey Junkin.

CDCB14
04-20-2012, 04:16 PM
I don't mean to troll, but I had no idea DeOssie was 6'4'' 250 and runs a sub 4.6. Those are pro-bowl type athlete numbers. Why doesn't he get snaps on defense?

Giantsfan1080
04-20-2012, 04:47 PM
He just couldn't cut it as a LB. They moved him to LS pretty quick. I loved the pick at the time and thought it could have worked out real well but at least he still has great value.

Rosebud
04-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Yeah, he's a pretty stiff athlete to play defense and his instincts just aren't great without all of the space of special teams to build momentum. ****** Jay Alford ******* over his knee, how sweet would it be to have a LS who was also a good rotational player?

bigbluedefense
04-20-2012, 08:15 PM
Deossie is a great special teams player. Not many long snappers consistenly get down the field to make tackles like he does.

Also, Trey Junkin.

He made 10 tackles last year. 10.

That's not exactly world beater numbers. And he had some bad snaps this year too. Weatherford saved a lot of them. The game winning FG vs the 49ers in the NFCCG and 1 in the SB come to mind immediately.

LTgiants
04-20-2012, 08:31 PM

That's not exactly world beater numbers. And he had some bad snaps this year too. Weatherford saved a lot of them. The game winning FG vs the 49ers in the NFCCG and 1 in the SB come to mind immediately.

Can you name another ls that can make 10 tackles?

bigbluedefense
04-20-2012, 08:36 PM
Can you name another ls that can make 10 tackles?

You know how insignificant 10 tackles is? Think about how many times he long snapped on a punt this year. And out of all those times, he made 10 tackles. That's less than 1 tackle a game avg.

My point is we can't justify him being a great long snapper by him shooting down the field when all it results in is 10 tackles. Big deal. His actual long snapping is much more important, and he had some bad snaps this season. Weatherford just did a great job cleaning up his snaps on some FGs.

Giantsfan1080
04-20-2012, 08:37 PM

Just because he doesn't make the tackle doesn't mean he's not down the field quick. I bet he's the best long snapper in the NFL who can get down the field. I don't think you can downplay that. He had the 1 bad snap in the SF game. No one is perfect.

LTgiants
04-20-2012, 08:40 PM
You know how insignificant 10 tackles is? Think about how many times he long snapped on a punt this year. And out of all those times, he made 10 tackles. That's less than 1 tackle a game avg.

My point is we can't justify him being a great long snapper by him shooting down the field when all it results in is 10 tackles. Big deal. His actual long snapping is much more important, and he had some bad snaps this season. Weatherford just did a great job cleaning up his snaps on some FGs.

I think about how many times he was one of the first guys down the field on punt coverage and was always near or around the ball carrier on the st.

The fact that he only has 10 tackles doesn't mean he sucks on specials. Like I said before I remember him always being near the ball most of the time which I am sure helped others get some tackles.

bigbluedefense
04-20-2012, 08:41 PM
I'm still bitter than his 6 4" 250 lb 4.6 40 ass couldn't develop for **** as a linebacker.

He showed no effort either. The physicality you saw from him in college was nonexistent in the PS when he became a pro. His muscle definition also went to ****. Almost makes me wonder if he was roiding in college and went off the roids in the Pros.

Giantsfan1080
04-20-2012, 08:55 PM
Let's not forget while we loved the pick because of his potential there was some serious concerns whether or not he could make the leap to NFL LB. To me it was worth a gamble and it's just unfortunate it didn't work out. At least we didn't totally waste the pick though because he is does provide a lot to the team.

bigbluedefense
04-20-2012, 08:59 PM
I'm upset that Alford got hurt. I thought he was going to be good. He was a great pass rushing DT before the ACL. It's a shame he could never recover from it.

scottyboy
04-21-2012, 01:18 AM
BBD just has a ridiculous hatred for DeOssie that I've never understood

NY+Giants=NYG
04-21-2012, 09:51 AM
I wonder if it was a business decision. Why risk playing LB and injury and getting cut or being 2nd string, when you can specialize? Just like his dad said you learn to snap, and you can be around for like 20 years. So I wonder if he didn't get that LB job, that we just put him there, he flourished, and now that's his specialty. Now he can be there all his career in that one role. Doesn't have to bother about being cut, or hurt often, or anything like that.

NY+Giants=NYG
04-21-2012, 06:27 PM
Did Giants take shot at Jets on Twitter?

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/11457/did-giants-take-shot-at-jets-on-twitter

I am posting it so it's saved here and I can refer back to it when needed.

Giantsfan1080
04-21-2012, 06:28 PM
Did you just see that for the first time?

NY+Giants=NYG
04-22-2012, 10:55 AM
Did you just see that for the first time?

No, i needed the quote though. So I posted the link in here for future use if i need it.

bigbluedefense
04-29-2012, 11:56 AM
I really don't like how the front office feels comfortable giving Beatty another year to prove himself at LT. How many years do you need?

Beatty sucks, let's call it like it is. He sucks. It sounds like Beatty is going to be LT and Diehl RT. Or if Brewer somehow can really step up next year maybe we can save ourselves from Beatty.

But right here right now, I really don't like going into training camp with Beatty as our starting LT.

Rosebud
04-29-2012, 02:34 PM
Beatty didn't suck two years ago before he got hurt, but yeah, last season he got pushed around and the man's always hurt. This is my biggest issue with our draft. I like all of our top three picks, but if we coulda found away to secure Mike Adams or Cordy Glenn, I'd love them.

scottyboy
04-29-2012, 02:37 PM
right now I'd say Beatty is going to be given a chance and our line is going to be:
Beatty-Petrus/Boothe-Baas-Snee-Diehl

bigbluedefense
04-29-2012, 07:35 PM
If Beatty still looks like he's 290 lbs soaking wet, then I just want him cut. There's 2 guys who basically have this year to prove themselves: Beatty and Barden.

Both of those guys are on their last chance. We'll see this year how bad Barden wants to be a football player.

I think it's a telling sign that when Reese was asked about why he doesn't move around in the draft, his answer was that the last time we did that it didn't work out, so we're weary of doing it again.

Guess when was the last time we did it? When we moved up for Barden.

That line, coupled with Barden being in the dog house, coupled with him not even being activated during our playoff run, coupled with us taking a WR in round 2 tells me everything I need to know. The team has given up on Barden.

He basically has to save his job this year, bc if he continues to suck, I'm not even sure if he'll make it out of training camp.

Giantsfan1080
04-29-2012, 07:44 PM
Traded up for Sinorice Moss also.

bigbluedefense
04-29-2012, 07:48 PM
I'm still amazed at how bad Sinorice Moss was.

Btw, the 2010 draft class is looking pretty awful.

1. Nicks - stud.
2. Sintim - most likely cut. Never a good fit and injuries did him in.
2. Beatty - looks like a career backup at this point in his career.
3. Barden - very close to being cut. this is his final year to prove himself.
3. Beckum - creampuff.
4. Andre Brown - achilles injury killed his career before it even started.
5. Rhett Bomar - failed qb experiment.
6. Some guy - cut
7. Some guy - cut

So basically, as it stands right now, we only got 1 player out of that draft class. The amazing thing about that is, that draft class was probably my favorite of all our draft classes the day of the draft. We drafted everyone I wanted at those points in the draft and I was so pumped up about it. Just shows you that we really don't know what we're talking about most of the time.

Giantsfan1080
04-29-2012, 08:03 PM
Yeah that turned out to be really awful. I loved the draft as well.

bigbluedefense
04-30-2012, 07:24 AM
Osi is bitching again. I think he'll be a Giant this year bc he really has no other option, but this is his last year with the Giants.

I don't know how the dynamic is going to work with him coming off the bench, it doesn't sound like he's gonna play good soldier and be a situational player for us.

Rosebud
04-30-2012, 06:48 PM
With the lack of Safeties in the NFL and the potential big money Rolle and Phillips could require soon, maybe we're planning on transitioning TT into Rolle's role? Webster, Prince and Hosely is a strong trio if they're healthy and we'll probably take another one on the first two days of the draft next year. Not saying TT plays exclusively safety by any measure, but if everything goes well health wise I think he'll be the third safety in our 3 safety sets. Granted, next year we could see a bunch of first round caliber safeties in the draft and few corners so the giants end up just drafting a steal at safety and keeping TT at corner full time.

Giantsfan1080
04-30-2012, 08:14 PM
Well Rolle is already the highest paid S in the league so we don't have to worry about him. This year is going to be very important in re-signing all of our young superstars though including Nicks, JPP, Phillips, and Cruz. We better hope that cap goes up.

Bostonblows91
04-30-2012, 10:12 PM
With the lack of Safeties in the NFL and the potential big money Rolle and Phillips could require soon, maybe we're planning on transitioning TT into Rolle's role? Webster, Prince and Hosely is a strong trio if they're healthy and we'll probably take another one on the first two days of the draft next year. Not saying TT plays exclusively safety by any measure, but if everything goes well health wise I think he'll be the third safety in our 3 safety sets. Granted, next year we could see a bunch of first round caliber safeties in the draft and few corners so the giants end up just drafting a steal at safety and keeping TT at corner full time.

I really don't see TT moving to safety any time soon, the guy was our best corner on the field a lot of the time in 2010, barring some huge slip in performance or speed he will stay at corner. You don't have to worry about rolle making more money, i think he's 3rd in the league in salary so he has nowhere to go but down in terms of salary. KP is definitely worth keeping around though.

Edit: @ BBD so much hate for beatty, he was far and away our best offensive lineman before he went down with that freak eye injury, his years prior to 2011 were underwhelming but he played at a very high level last year. Also I feel so bad for sintim, hated seeing him go down with that knee injury early on.

BaLLiN
05-01-2012, 11:09 AM
I really don't see TT moving to safety any time soon, the guy was our best corner on the field a lot of the time in 2010, barring some huge slip in performance or speed he will stay at corner. You don't have to worry about rolle making more money, i think he's 3rd in the league in salary so he has nowhere to go but down in terms of salary. KP is definitely worth keeping around though.

Edit: @ BBD so much hate for beatty, he was far and away our best offensive lineman before he went down with that freak eye injury, his years prior to 2011 were underwhelming but he played at a very high level last year. Also I feel so bad for sintim, hated seeing him go down with that knee injury early on.

so far from the truth

Damix
05-01-2012, 12:02 PM
I won't say Beatty was our best offensive lineman, but the run game sucked before he went down and the run game sucked after he went down. Beatty was not the problem.

BaLLiN
05-01-2012, 12:17 PM
Beatty didn't help though. I would say Baas was probably our worst offensive lineman, Diehl wasn't very good at LT this past year but at G he played well. McKenzie's game really took a dive at the mid-end of the season. Boothe was pretty damn good down the stretch and Snee was above average but not as good as we're used to. So Beatty might not have been the problem, but he wasn't good either.

The biggest difference in the run game was when Petrus and Booth were playing, which is why I feel they should both be starters. I don't get this talk about Mosely starting or competing for a starting position just yet, but as I thought, they are looking at him as a guard as well as a tackle. Petrus has played some center, and since he really isn't the best passblocker it could shield that. So my lineup would be:

Beatty-Boothe-Petrus-Snee-Diehl

Our left side doesn't have as much weight, but Boothe's range and athleticism is something I like in a pulling guard, he is very good in the open field vs the small dbs.

If beatty can't hold down the job, Diehl and Locklear would likely be the tackles. But I feel that Petrus is best fit at center if we are going to start him. One more thing, Baas sucks.

scottyboy
05-01-2012, 12:17 PM
i was going to say the diehl was our best oline man last season. kinda by far

BaLLiN
05-01-2012, 12:22 PM
i was going to say the diehl was our best oline man last season. kinda by far

Diehl's versatility makes him an asset, but he average at both positions this past year I felt. Boothe was very impressive, watching over games you see how key his blocks were and how confident we were with him matching him 1 on 1 with wilfork in the superbowl multiple times. btw Boothe didn't hold on that play, that was bull.

Jughead10
05-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Diehl's versatility makes him an asset, but he average at both positions this past year I felt. Boothe was very impressive, watching over games you see how key his blocks were and how confident we were with him matching him 1 on 1 with wilfork in the superbowl multiple times. btw Boothe didn't hold on that play, that was bull.

Wilfork admitted it wasn't a hold. I feel that call kept that game from getting ugly early.

bigbluedefense
05-01-2012, 02:53 PM
If they don't call that hold, we go in and score, and it's 16-3 going into half time. At that point the game is very different, and we could unleash an all out pass rush like we did in the 4th quarter and it probably would have been a very one sided game.

bigbluedefense
05-01-2012, 02:56 PM
Regarding our oline, Beatty sucks.

Let's be real, while our run game didn't pick up a lot after he left, it still got a little better. And when Beatty was in the lineup, we simply could not run left at all. Not even for 2 yards. When Diehl went to LT we could at least get 2 ypc on the left. It wasn't great but it was still an improvement.

And his miscommunication on stunts/blitzes is just awful. He can't be trusted out there. He's just not good.

If you want to be honest about it, from a consistency standpoint, our best OLmen throughout the year was probably Boothe. He's the one guy on the OL that we routinely want out of the lineup but to be fair, he was probably our best OLmen this year. He's versatile, he's good but not great, he's a great guy to have on the bench.

I'm hoping Brewer can step up as our RT this year, but realistically, we're gonna have to crash and burn with Beatty before we make a change to the OL. Diehl will probably start out at RT.

Damix
05-01-2012, 04:09 PM
I personally think Boothe should be the starting LG, but I see Diehl there and Locklear/Brewer playing RT.

Jughead10
05-01-2012, 04:10 PM
I personally think Boothe should be the starting LG, but I see Diehl there and Locklear/Brewer playing RT.

Hopefully that is the case. With Boothe playing center. Although his shotgun snaps scare me.

Damix
05-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Hopefully that is the case. With Boothe playing center. Although his shotgun snaps scare me.

Yea, his snaps were getting a little adventurous there in the Dallas game. Pretty much see no way Baas isn't starting though.

Pretty much the only locked in starters I see are Baas at C, Snee and RG and Diehl somewhere. Then fill in the rest.

Jughead10
05-01-2012, 04:41 PM
I can understand giving Bass the job out of camp and seeing how he does. But if he continues to struggle, I hope we don't have a huge leash with him because of the contract. I get we can't cut him because of cap issues, but he can sit the bench at 4.5 million, or whatever it is, if he plays like last year.

bigbluedefense
05-01-2012, 04:51 PM
Baas was one of Jerry Reese's bigger misses. He's going to start, we can't avoid it.

We just have to hope we see great improvement this year with more time developing chemistry.

Giantsfan1080
05-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Some of you are the most impatient fans I know. The guy played above average in the playoff except for the 1 half in the 49'ers game where the whole line went to ****.

bigbluedefense
05-01-2012, 04:57 PM
That's bc the Falcons have no pass rush, ditto for the Packers and Patriots.

And he got help on Wilfork.

Giantsfan1080
05-01-2012, 04:59 PM
That's bc the Falcons have no pass rush, ditto for the Packers and Patriots.

And he got help on Wilfork.

We've been arguing the same stuff forever. I'm not going over all of this again, we'll see starting in August. Everyone gets help on Wilfork but they still both did an excellent job.

bigbluedefense
05-01-2012, 05:04 PM
He sucks!

*runs out of thread*

Rosebud
05-01-2012, 05:10 PM
Our OL got better at run blocking when Petrus and Boothe stepped in, I think that made a bigger difference than the down grade from Beatty to Diehl. Or is it a coincidence that our running game went back to **** once Baas came back and Boothe pushed Petrus out of the lineup until Baas settled in and then we were just mediocre running the ball. That's why I just want our starters to stay healthy, cause once they start getting nicked up our running game goes to ****. A healthy year from Baas, Snee, Diehl, Beatty/Locklear and Petrus/Boothe. That's all I ask from the OL.

Giantsfan1080
05-01-2012, 05:17 PM
I love Petrus but he was terrible in the passing game. He needs to seriously improve in that area before we can count on him to start.

bigbluedefense
05-01-2012, 05:20 PM
Yeah I'm hoping Petrus can step up his pass pro this year. Bc if not, then Boothe should start over him.

If Petrus still sucks at pass protection this year, then he may never become the LG I hoped for.

Jughead10
05-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Some of you are the most impatient fans I know. The guy played above average in the playoff except for the 1 half in the 49'ers game where the whole line went to ****.

Should we look past his 6 up and down years in San Fran as well?

Rosebud
05-01-2012, 06:15 PM

Once he settled in with them, he was better than O'Hara ever was for Cleveland. *shrug*

Give him an actual offseason to settle in with his team-mates and good health...he stops being my biggest concern. With Petrus and Boothe at LG our interior OL should be strong.

It's OT where I'm worried, Beatty if he stays health and so can keep his weight up could solve a lot of problems, if the new guy from Seattle's any good that would solve a lot of problems, if any of the developmental guys work out that solves our problems...we've got guys that could be solid starters once they all gel. That's the thing though that does worry me, with how long it takes lineman to really gel I'm more concerned with our starters staying healthy than with who the starters actually are.

Giantsfan1080
05-01-2012, 06:18 PM

He wasn't playing C the whole time there.

BaLLiN
05-01-2012, 06:22 PM
But what about Petrus at C? That way Boothe doesn't have to snap and is probably as mobile as Petrus. Petrus also then wouldn't be as crucial in pass pro because he could be helped more easily.

Rosebud
05-01-2012, 06:52 PM
But what about Petrus at C? That way Boothe doesn't have to snap and is probably as mobile as Petrus. Petrus also then wouldn't be as crucial in pass pro because he could be helped more easily.

I'd rather Petrus focus on improving his pass blocking than having to start learning how to snap and make the line calls from a new position. If he can't improve his pass blocking, he's not a starter along a quality OL, could still make a great jumbo TE/6th Lineman like 69 used to be, but that's it.

Baas is our best bet at Center for next season with Boothe an excellent backup should we need to kick him into the middle, especially since he's an experienced enough player where we can devote a lot of his offseason on getting those shotgun snaps clean and learning how to make all of the adjustments.

I think we're planning to open camp with the 1st string OL looking like Beatty-Petrus-Baas-Snee-Locklear, with Diehl at LT and Boothe at C for the second stringers, at least until the battle for the starting Tackle and LG spots starts to become clearer. That way Diehl gets his reps at LT for when he surpasses Beatty on the depth chart and Boothe can really focus on his snapping and doing all of the pre-snap center stuff while we give Petrus a shot to win the LG spot. Ultimately I think our OL will come down to Diehl-Boothe-Baas-Snee-Locklear but seasons end, but I'm very pessimistic about our OL, even though I acknowlege the excellent potential there if everything works out perfectly and we don't forget to turn injures off.

Jughead10
05-01-2012, 07:01 PM
He wasn't playing C the whole time there.

Yeah but he wasn't really great at either.

Giantsfan1080
05-01-2012, 08:54 PM

He had an above average year from everything I saw. It's to hard to judge OL on our own team never mind others.

Damix
05-02-2012, 12:22 PM
I pretty much see no way Petrus is starting when we break camp unless there are injuries. In fact, I'd go as far to say that it is more likely that he is cut then a starter beaking camp.

Bostonblows91
05-03-2012, 11:03 AM
so does this suggs injury rekindle their pursuit of umenyiora?? I'll take a 2nd rounder thx

Damix
05-03-2012, 11:46 AM
Also my first reaction to the Will Smith suspension was they could be interested in Osi. Their DE's kind of suck with Smith and are abysmall without him.

Giantsfan1080
05-03-2012, 11:50 AM
We have no one to replace Osi now so we're better off just keeping him.

bigbluedefense
05-05-2012, 10:37 AM
So as you guys know, I've probably been Randle's biggest supporter in our team forum. I never really gave a legitimate reason why, I never really broke him down so I'll do that now.

First and foremost, I have to admit, he grew on me even more after I went back and watched his games over again. He's awfully similar to Hakeem Nicks, both on tape, and also on how he grew on me. When I first scouted Nicks, I was like eh, he's good but not great. Then when I went back and studied Nicks more, I saw all the little things that made him great, and I realized what the scouts saw in him. Nicks was deceptively fast, had a great ability to time his jumps and catch the ball, and great awareness on the field both recognizing the defense and the situations.

When I went back and studied Randle, I saw all of the same things. And it's true, what Ross and Reese said about Randle is true, he's awfully similar to Hakeem Nicks on tape.

I'm basing my evaluation of Reuben Randle on 3 games: 2 games vs Alabama this year and 1 game vs Florida.

What makes Randle great is he is NFL ready. He's run the complete route tree, he's lined up inside, outside, he's gone deep, he's ran comebacks, he's run drags, he's done it all. He's a very solid route runner.

And most importantly in our system, he's got incredible recognition skills. Very aware of when he's the hot receiver, he knows how to sit in zones, he has great recognition skills of what the defense is doing. He knows how to release off press man, he knows how he should release against off man/zone, etc.

One play that really stood out to me was vs Alabama. Alabama was in Tampa 2, and Randle ran a go with outside release. He easily got his release (set him up with an inside jut, then released outside), and when he ran past the CB, he slowed down enough that he could sit in that empty hole and caught the ball, then broke a couple of tackles and got some YAC. I know that sounds routine, but as a college player, to recognize the Tampa coverage, and slow your route and sit like that is impressive. Most guys would just run their go full speed. He didn't. Again, a perfect example of how he's built for our system.

He absolutely destroyed Florida. Destroyed them. They had no answer for him. He's deceptively fast, this guy is a long strider, he's excellent at setting his guys up and he can get separation. Very similar to how Nicks gets open deep. I implore all of you to go back, and just watch how he releases off the line. Just watch his release. Very fast, very smooth, very technical. His game is so similar to Nicks its scary. Watch how he gets YAC, how he catches the ball, everything about his game is very similar to Nicks.

Another play that stood out to me was vs Alabama, where he ran a square in, and again, recognized the quarters coverage and sat. In fact he was smacking his hands together before he even sat, he knew exactly where he was going to be open and was demanding the ball before he even got there. Again, great recognition skills.

He's football fast just like Nicks. Doesn't run a great 40, but he's a long strider with a quick release, his size and strength present a big mismatch for most corners, if not all, and he's constantly getting separation down field. Against Alabama, he was open a lot, but he just couldn't get the ball. Isolate the player and watch the player. Randle had a great game, the rest of his offense didn't.

Nicks, Cruz and Randle are all similar in how they are able to get deep. None of them are pure burners, but they're strong, they know how to box out and time their jumps, they have great hands and body control, and they know how to set up their guys. And most importantly, they're football fast with great releases off the LOS.

I'm telling you, this guy is legit. I'm putting my stamp on him. I've done a decent amount of scouting on him, and I like everything I see. I had him graded as a 1st round talent, and I think he's going to be a very good player for us. It might take a year for the lights to come on, but we got a gamer.

bigbluedefense
05-05-2012, 10:52 AM
For good measure I also went back and studied Sanu. And what Mayock says about Sanu is true, he's not getting separation. He's always catching the ball in traffic.

Now I do think that Sanu's speed is underrated, and I think this might be another Nicks/Britt situation where both wind up great but we chose the better of the 2. I don't think Sanu is gonna be a thug like Britt of course, Sanu is a model citizen.

But he doesn't get separation. For whatever reason, he just always catches the ball in traffic. And I don't understand why. He's not slow. Maybe his top gear is slow, but he's fine off the line and he looks fast. But he's just not separating. I can't explain it.

But long story short, we absolutely took the better WR.

Rosebud
05-05-2012, 05:32 PM
I trust Reese and Ross enough to acknowledge that he's a talented kid, and again I trust them to have done all they could do to figure out if his head n heart are into it, but I just got a bad feeling about him, about how focused he is and how close to that ceiling he gets. I just got the feeling that he got complacent because of the awful QB play he received. If his focus and fire comes n goes at the next level I just don't see him ever playing at that nicks n Cruz like level. Just feels like he'll end up inconsistent like Mario, even if it is for completely different reasons.

Then again I don't have a great reason to feel this way beyond a feeling while watching him n some rumors/reports that support that feeling, but I hope to see him prove me wrong n would love to see him reach that upside with our team.

LTgiants
05-05-2012, 05:38 PM
I still don't buy the Nicks comparison. When Nicks was in college you can just tell that he was a beast. I don't see any of that Randle.

I am obviously rooting for him but I think comparing him to Nicks when he came out of college isn't accurate.

bigbluedefense
05-05-2012, 05:40 PM
I'm not worried about effort at all. He's gonna play with Eli now.

bigbluedefense
05-05-2012, 05:41 PM
I still don't buy the Nicks comparison. When Nicks was in college you can just tell that he was a beast. I don't see any of that Randle.

I am obviously rooting for him but I think comparing him to Nicks when he came out of college isn't accurate.

I guess poor man's Nicks is more accurate. But the qualities of his game are very similar to Nicks.

Nicks also had much better qb play. Like...alot better.

VAfy-ya
05-05-2012, 06:21 PM

Baas has always had the same problem.....he cant stay healthy long enough to play well enough(if that makes any sense). Alot of Niner fans wanted Baas to get a shot center for years but we had a pretty decent one in Heitman. So we kept him at OG, hoping the light would come on but all we got was missed games and lackluster play. Once Heitman broke his leg, he was really never the same so in the off-season 2010 we gave Baas a crack at Center. He impressed the coaches and he became the starter there and went on to have a solid season, mostly in part because he stayed healthy the entire year. But I never thought Baas was necessarily our answer at Center. He's limited athletically and his feet are always going to hinder him. He has good power for the position and if you can keep him downhill he's cool, but I wasn't sure he could handle alot of the movement the WCO requires at the Center position.

LTgiants
05-05-2012, 06:27 PM
I guess poor man's Nicks is more accurate. But the qualities of his game are very similar to Nicks.

Nicks also had much better qb play. Like...alot better.

First off didnt recgonize you with the new sig lol

Second TJ Yates was his qb in college he didn't exactly light the College football world on fire.

Big_Pete
05-06-2012, 06:49 AM
We have no one to replace Osi now so we're better off just keeping him.

How so? we could simply slide Kiwanuka back to DE

bigbluedefense
05-06-2012, 10:19 AM
First off didnt recgonize you with the new sig lol

Second TJ Yates was his qb in college he didn't exactly light the College football world on fire.

Yeah we needed to change the sig. Stat let me down </3

Yates is still infinitely better than what Randle had. Yates actually proved at the NFL level that he can be a decent qb with some development.

I honestly don't get why Randle is getting so much criticism from everyone on this board. It was a damn good draft pick. I wouldn't even mind if we took him in the 1st.

Now of course I still would like Stephen Hill and while I understand he's raw, I think he'd be the better long term investment, but I still like Randle a lot.

bigbluedefense
05-06-2012, 01:43 PM
Baas has always had the same problem.....he cant stay healthy long enough to play well enough(if that makes any sense). Alot of Niner fans wanted Baas to get a shot center for years but we had a pretty decent one in Heitman. So we kept him at OG, hoping the light would come on but all we got was missed games and lackluster play. Once Heitman broke his leg, he was really never the same so in the off-season 2010 we gave Baas a crack at Center. He impressed the coaches and he became the starter there and went on to have a solid season, mostly in part because he stayed healthy the entire year. But I never thought Baas was necessarily our answer at Center. He's limited athletically and his feet are always going to hinder him. He has good power for the position and if you can keep him downhill he's cool, but I wasn't sure he could handle alot of the movement the WCO requires at the Center position.

Baas is just awful. I absolutely hate that signing. I just hope we can survive with him for another year before we cut him.

When he's not missing his assignments he's getting overwhelmed by superior athletes. I saw all of our playoff games over again, and he looked completely lost very often in all of them. Especially in the run game.

BaLLiN
05-06-2012, 02:06 PM
I really don't see how petrus can't be our C. He played center in his rookie season against the seahawks and did pretty well. I think you all should keep a more open mind about this. Boothe is starting, just acknowledge that. I see no way he isn't. That means its between Baas and Petrus starting at G or C, and with how awful Baas has been, i think petrus is better suited to start.

Beatty-Boothe-Petrus-Snee-Diehl

Id like that lineup

bigbluedefense
05-06-2012, 02:09 PM
I think all of us would love to bench Baas, but it's not going to happen. They have too much money tied to him for him to rot on the bench.

He's starting whether we like it or not. Just gotta hope he doesn't suck when he does.

BaLLiN
05-06-2012, 02:13 PM
When was the last time we had money tied up in a player and started him just for that reason? Jacobs didn't always start over Bradshaw, we took out O'Hara even when he was somewhat healthy. I think it could happen bbd.

bigbluedefense
05-06-2012, 02:44 PM
When was the last time we had money tied up in a player and started him just for that reason? Jacobs didn't always start over Bradshaw, we took out O'Hara even when he was somewhat healthy. I think it could happen bbd.

I hope so, but I doubt it. Plus Petrus has to work on his pass protection before I feel comfortable in any role starting. I think he can step up this offseason in that regard, but he has to do it first.

Rosebud
05-06-2012, 03:02 PM
I'd love for Petrus and Boothe both to start, but I just can't see the team not giving Baas a shot at the starting center job with health and an offseason with the team.

Giantsfan1080
05-08-2012, 08:57 AM
No surprises here but Gilbride said yesterday that the O-Line as of now will probabaly be Beatty-Boothe-Baas-Snee-Diehl. He also stated that Cruz will remain in the slot for 3 WR sets.

scottyboy
05-08-2012, 09:00 AM
oh gilbride. obvious statements are obvious. but that's good to see. I'm ok with all of this. Beatty's got one last chance to prove himself dammit. better not let us down

bigbluedefense
05-08-2012, 09:13 AM
I don't feel good about Beatty. I just don't feel good about him. I don't think he'll ever become what we're hoping for.

BaLLiN
05-08-2012, 10:53 AM
The even worse thing about Baas is that his contract is so much for how bad he is. We could use the money to resign KP...

bigbluedefense
05-08-2012, 11:09 AM
It definitely wasn't our best signing. We're stuck for another 2 years.

I just hate mediocre Centers. He's going to be at best, a mediocre Center for us.

Giantsfan1080
05-08-2012, 01:44 PM
The fun rumors for the day are the Ravens offered us a 3rd for Osi and the Dolphins have offered us a 2nd and a 4th. I don't believe the Dolphins rumor.

Bostonblows91
05-08-2012, 01:57 PM
The fun rumors for the day are the Ravens offered us a 3rd for Osi and the Dolphins have offered us a 2nd and a 4th. I don't believe the Dolphins rumor.

lol if that dolphins rumor were true i'd jump all over it, that 2nd rounder is probably going to be a pick in the 30's

bigbluedefense
05-08-2012, 02:38 PM
At this point I rather keep him.

Unless we get a 1st.

Jughead10
05-08-2012, 02:39 PM
I'd rather keep him too, but that 2nd and 4th is very tempting. I'd take that considering the Dolphins should be bad.

Damix
05-08-2012, 02:39 PM
Where do you hear these things GF?

bigbluedefense
05-08-2012, 02:45 PM
I'd rather keep him too, but that 2nd and 4th is very tempting. I'd take that considering the Dolphins should be bad.

Knowing our luck they'll make the AFCCG.

Giantsfan1080
05-08-2012, 02:46 PM
It's on BBI. The Dolphins thing definitely isn't true at all though but there's not much else to talk about until camps open.

Giantsfan1080
05-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Knowing our luck they'll make the AFCCG.

I know it's only a saying but I don't think we can talk about not being lucky anymore haha.

Damix
05-08-2012, 02:49 PM
Never really got into BBI. Actually this is the only sports forum I post on. I posted on prosportsdaily for a little while, but stopped after 4000 posts or so.

You guys should count yourselves lucky for my company.

bigbluedefense
05-08-2012, 02:50 PM
I know it's only a saying but I don't think we can talk about not being lucky anymore haha.

Haha, true. I realized it after I wrote it.

Giantsfan1080
05-08-2012, 02:50 PM
Never really got into BBI. Actually this is the only sports forum I post on. I posted on prosportsdaily for a little while, but stopped after 4000 posts or so.

You guys should count yourselves lucky for my company.

I don't really post there either except once in a while. I just lurk. I only post on one other board(Mets) but nothing like I do here.

And I feel very lucky that whenever you post my eyes burn.

Giantsfan1080
05-08-2012, 02:52 PM
Haha, true. I realized it after I wrote it.

We've made our own luck. I'm so sick of the jealous fans out there complaining we were lucky to win 2 Super Bowls. It's just BS.

BaLLiN
05-08-2012, 02:57 PM
we also got terrible calls down the stretch. The jets calls and green bay calls were terrible.

bigbluedefense
05-08-2012, 02:57 PM
We've made our own luck. I'm so sick of the jealous fans out there complaining we were lucky to win 2 Super Bowls. It's just BS.

They can say whatever they want. It doesn't change the record books or reality so I could care less.

You don't win Super Bowls by accident. And beating all the best teams on the way to the SB along with an undefeated team certainly isn't lucky.

Haters gonna hate. Peep the sig.

Damix
05-08-2012, 02:58 PM

It is mostly Cowboys and Eagles fans, what do you expect?

Giantsfan1080
05-08-2012, 05:30 PM
We signed our first draft pick, Adrien Robinson.

OSUGiants17
05-09-2012, 03:33 PM
Rookie numbers announced:
Wilson- 34(was number 4 in college)
Randle- 82(2 in college)
Hosely- 36(20 in college)
Robinson- 81
Mosely- 67
McCants-71
Kuhn- 78

BaLLiN
05-09-2012, 04:32 PM
doesnt wilson want 22 now?

Giantsfan1080
05-09-2012, 04:34 PM

Yeah I think he's going to try and get 22 before the season starts.

OSUGiants17
05-09-2012, 06:09 PM

Wait till we cut Molden for Tryon or Johnson, then 22 will be his for the taking. I kinda like that too, Bradshaw 44, Scott 33 and Wilson 22 pretty cool if you ask me.

BaLLiN
05-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Wait till we cut Molden for Tryon or Johnson, then 22 will be his for the taking. I kinda like that too, Bradshaw 44, Scott 33 and Wilson 22 pretty cool if you ask me.

yeah but reuben droughns kinda sucked, he was the last rb with it right? I like 34 and Im sure everyone who already bought his jersey wants him to keep 34

OSUGiants17
05-09-2012, 08:03 PM
I'm pretty sure Rookie jerseys don't ship this early because of stuff like that

Giantsfan1080
05-09-2012, 08:05 PM
McCants signed.

BaLLiN
05-09-2012, 10:35 PM
I'm pretty sure Rookie jerseys don't ship this early because of stuff like that

well i saw in the shop it had his jersey so i thought they might be out, but you could be right

bigbluedefense
05-10-2012, 07:03 AM
Damn that's when you know it's the offseason. When we're talking about jersey numbers.

:(

Giantsfan1080
05-10-2012, 07:15 AM
Yeah this is always a long 3 months. Good thing I have baseball to keep me interested.

BigBlueNorwegian
05-10-2012, 08:09 AM
Whenever I feel sad about the offseason, I just go back to page 155 in this thread and read our posts from before the 49ers game until after we won the superbowl. WINNING!!

scottyboy
05-10-2012, 08:29 AM
Whenever I feel sad about the offseason, I just go back to page 155 in this thread and read our posts from before the 49ers game until after we won the superbowl. WINNING!!

i just went back and read from there until right after we won and honestly...still get chills

NY+Giants=NYG
05-10-2012, 08:31 AM
Haha everyone was saying, I love you all! LOL. One big circle jerk!

BigBlueNorwegian
05-10-2012, 10:30 AM
Haha everyone was saying, I love you all! LOL. One big circle jerk!

Haha, yeah I know! BBD even used exclamation marks in his posts! He never does that!

Giantsfan1080
05-10-2012, 11:01 AM
The first Pats win was the biggest circle of them all.

bigbluedefense
05-10-2012, 11:08 AM
Was I the only one who felt more relief than joy when we won the SB?

Damix
05-10-2012, 11:27 AM

Yes, I felt joy and then was scared for my life because I was next to 30 pats fans.

Then I went gambling and it was awesome.

Also - just read through our playoff run in here and the whole suber bowl thread in the NFL forum. SO DAMN AMAZING.

Giantsfan1080
05-10-2012, 12:09 PM
I felt some relief because of what I spent to get into the stadium. If they lost it would have hurt.

BigBlueNorwegian
05-10-2012, 12:46 PM

No, I felt almost only relief. I sort of expected us to win, for some reason. It just seemed meant to be, can't explain it. But I almost always feel much more relief than joy when teams I support win championships. Because it just hurts so bad to be on the losing side of finals.

BigBlueNorwegian
05-10-2012, 12:48 PM
I felt some relief because of what I spent to get into the stadium. If they lost it would have hurt.

How much did the tickets cost you? must have been a lot of $$$?

Giantsfan1080
05-10-2012, 01:35 PM
How much did the tickets cost you? must have been a lot of $$$?

2 grand for 25 rows off the field. It was either that or spend 1,500 for nosebleeds. We ponied up the extra. Totally worth it though.

BigBlueNorwegian
05-10-2012, 02:23 PM
2 grand for 25 rows off the field. It was either that or spend 1,500 for nosebleeds. We ponied up the extra. Totally worth it though.

That's a lot of money! But yeah, I can totally see it being worth it! And five hundred bucks more is not that bad for great seats considering the alternative!

bigbluedefense
05-10-2012, 04:53 PM
2 grand for super bowl ticket is actually pretty cheap. That was a good deal GF!

bigbluedefense
05-10-2012, 04:53 PM
I unfortunately can never go to a Giants playoff game. Every game I've went to, they lost, so I swore I'll never go to a Giants playoff game so I don't jinx them.

It sucks, but I rather celebrate victory by my tv than watch them lose in person.

bigbluedefense
05-10-2012, 04:55 PM
I also refuse to listen to a Knicks or Giants game on the radio. Every game for both teams that I've heard on the radio, they've lost. And this goes back to 1993.

So if I'm in the car with you and you're trying to listen to the Giants on the radio, I'll try to stop you from turning on the radio lol.

Yes, I'm superstitious.

OSUGiants17
05-10-2012, 06:06 PM
I'm like 7-2 at Giants games. One loss was my first game ever against the Bills November 30, 2003, they lost 24-7. I was 9 and devastated. After that game they went 4-0 then lost to the Skins in a December night game where it was freezing and Eli threw over 50 times for some ****** up reason. I think that was 4 years ago. Since then they are 3-0 when I go(saw the Dolphins game this year). So yeah, not afraid to go to a game.

Giantsfan1080
05-10-2012, 06:20 PM
I unfortunately can never go to a Giants playoff game. Every game I've went to, they lost, so I swore I'll never go to a Giants playoff game so I don't jinx them.

It sucks, but I rather celebrate victory by my tv than watch them lose in person.

I was also. I was at Eli's first playoff game against the Panthers, and our game against the Eagles in 2008. After they lost that game I swore I would never go to a Giants playoff game again. Well my buddy talked me into going to the Falcons game last year and the rest is history. You're not a jinx the team just stunk those days.

Giantsfan1080
05-10-2012, 06:21 PM
I'm like 7-2 at Giants games. One loss was my first game ever against the Bills November 30, 2003, they lost 24-7. I was 9 and devastated. After that game they went 4-0 then lost to the Skins in a December night game where it was freezing and Eli threw over 50 times for some ****** up reason. I think that was 4 years ago. Since then they are 3-0 when I go(saw the Dolphins game this year). So yeah, not afraid to go to a game.

That Redskins/Giants game where Shockey broke his leg was probably the coldest or second coldest game I've ever been too. It was freezing that night with the swirling winds.

LTgiants
05-10-2012, 06:37 PM
1-0 at Giant games so far.

Rosebud
05-10-2012, 07:31 PM
:-( Screw you guys. I've still never seen the giants in person.

OSUGiants17
05-10-2012, 08:08 PM
That Redskins/Giants game where Shockey broke his leg was probably the coldest or second coldest game I've ever been too. It was freezing that night with the swirling winds.

I left at half-time and skated on the ice to my car lol. It was my brother's birthday too so I felt bad for him. It was soooooo cold.

OSUGiants17
05-10-2012, 08:11 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/05/giants_agree_to_deal_with_corn.html
Signed Hosely today

BaLLiN
05-11-2012, 02:05 AM
man, i just looked at our season again (recorded the games on tv) and wow, I feel so lucky to have went through this. What a ride, what a team, and what a result. So incredibly happy to be a giants fan.