PDA

View Full Version : New York Giants Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70

NY+Giants=NYG
06-12-2012, 04:02 PM
Ballard claimed by Pats
Josh in the City : 4:55 pm
wow...
Quote:
@MikeGarafolo: Per Jake Ballard's agent @the_ifa, he's been claimed by the Patriots. As I tweet that, I notice he's left the building. #nyg

Bye Bye Ballard.. Damn so now we have an unknown guy with potential, and someone raw with a of potential. So we really need to actually get a TE and keep the guy. How are we to develop a TE if it's musical TEs?

OSUGiants17
06-12-2012, 04:20 PM
:( I'm a sad panda

Damix
06-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Part of the risk you run when you try to sneak someone on to IR in the offseason.

Giantsfan1080
06-12-2012, 05:07 PM
Do the Pats really need a 4th TE? I'm not happy with this and it's a bad job by Reese. We should have not signed Bernard and I like him for depth but he was unnecessary with Rogers here.

Giantsfan1080
06-12-2012, 05:07 PM
Also why can't you just place someone on IR in the middle of the offseason? Why do you have to risk exposing them to waivers? This makes no sense.

Damix
06-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Also why can't you just place someone on IR in the middle of the offseason? Why do you have to risk exposing them to waivers? This makes no sense.

Again, this is just be going off memory, but the reasoning is, teams can't just sign a player and then put them on IR to open another 90 man roster spot. This allows players that might have a minor injury to be exposed to waivers and a team that may be willing to carry them on the active roster.

Giantsfan1080
06-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Again, this is just be going off memory, but the reasoning is, teams can't just sign a player and then put them on IR to open another 90 man roster spot. This allows players that might have a minor injury to be exposed to waivers and a team that may be willing to carry them on the active roster.

Yeah but you're telling me if the Giants had to IR JPP in the offseason he would have to go through waivers? I can't believe that.

Giantsfan1080
06-12-2012, 05:58 PM
Ok I found out that players who have 4 years or less of service time have to go through waivers to be placed on IR in the offseason. I guess if it was big name players like Cruz or JPP then then would just have to wait and not place them there until first cuts. It's a surprise the Pats did this.

scottyboy
06-12-2012, 06:47 PM
our TE depth is such trash right now, ugh

Giantsfan1080
06-12-2012, 07:41 PM
our TE depth is such trash right now, ugh

Well it was going to be trash this year even if he wasn't claimed by the Pats.

Vaylor
06-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Actually if the team would have simply waited until the end of the preseason then they could have just put him on IR without passing through waivers.

The team probably assumed, rather reasonably to be honest, that no one would bother grabbing him.

Giantsfan1080
06-12-2012, 07:57 PM
Actually if the team would have simply waited until the end of the preseason then they could have just put him on IR without passing through waivers.

The team probably assumed, rather reasonably to be honest, that no one would bother grabbing him.

Well we had to make room on the roster for Rocky Bernard.

OSUGiants17
06-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Yay! Rocky Bernard as our 5th DT for a year and no more Ballard! What a fair trade! NAHT! This is horseshit, I loved Ballard :(

Giantsfan1080
06-12-2012, 08:18 PM
It was more to get DT's in here for practice. We're very thin right now with some of the guys not playing. Bernard probably doesn't make the team unless Rogers looks like absolute doo doo.

scottyboy
06-13-2012, 04:39 AM
Well it was going to be trash this year even if he wasn't claimed by the Pats.

I know, but this made me really think about it again. Bennett, Beckum and Robinson. oof.

WE NEED A BIG SLOW WHITE GUY

OSUGiants17
06-13-2012, 07:28 AM
BEAR MOTHER ******* PASCOE! There's your slow white guy!

Big_Pete
06-13-2012, 07:37 AM
I found this part of a giants article put a good perspective on the TE situation

The Giants are searching for 37 receptions from their most productive tight end this season.

That number is flexible, but something in that neighborhood would be a significant boost for the offense. From 2008-2011, the Giants' top receiving tight end averaged 37 catches a season. That included highs of 42 receptions by Kevin Boss in 2010 and 38 by Jake Ballard in the 2011 championship season. Ballard yesterday was waived/failed physical, a transaction stemming from the torn anterior cruciate ligament he suffered in Super Bowl XLVI.

I think we are quite solid at TE with Bennett, Beckum, Pascoe and Robinson.
If anything we have better depth than we have had at TE in some time.

Remember the fan reaction when Shockey and then Boss left, both times we had someone step up. We will be fine.

We don't need a stud receiving TE, we need reliable production with around 37 receptions, we will be fine at TE

Giantsfan1080
06-13-2012, 07:40 AM
I agree Pete. I just never see TE as a big priority in this offense. If Bennent is going to block like he did in Dallas and gives us 35 catches I'll be more than happy.

scottyboy
06-13-2012, 08:19 AM
i forgot about Bear!

nevermind, we're set.

OSUGiants17
06-13-2012, 09:15 AM
i forgot about Bear!

nevermind, we're set.

How could you forget about Bear?!?!? I think our run blocking will be a lot better this year if we have Bennett and Bear on the ends with guys like Snee, Boothe and Petrus in the middle. Our OTs are the only thing I am worried about.

Big_Pete
06-13-2012, 03:30 PM
I thnk the bigger story that noone seems to be talking about is the signing of Bernard.

This could be because the front office is very concerned with Austin's development and ability to contribute this year in a significant way
(Reese alluded to this in an interview earlier in the year).

Sure this isn't a flashy move, but Bernard is a solid veteran who is well established in our system and has been productive.

It could also be that we want bigger guys up front, particularly if we plan to use Rivers at MLB (not unlike Fewell did in Buffalo with moving Poslunzsy to MLB).

bigbluedefense
06-13-2012, 03:31 PM
I thnk the bigger story that noone seems to be talking about is the signing of Bernard.

This could be because the front office is very concerned with Austin's development and ability to contribute this year in a significant way
(Reese alluded to this in an interview earlier in the year).

Sure this isn't a flashy move, but Bernard is a solid veteran who is well established in our system and has been productive.

It could also be that we want bigger guys up front, particularly if we plan to use Rivers at MLB (not unlike Fewell did in Buffalo with moving Poslunzsy to MLB).

Yeah we re-signed Rocky bc we're concerned about Austin. That's what this comes down to. I don't like that we lost Ballard, I liked Ballard, but we'll be ok.

Eli will find a way to make it work. Always has, always will. Someone will step up.

scottyboy
06-13-2012, 04:44 PM
eli hasn't looked good in 7 on 7's today.

over-rated.

elisha.

sux.

didn't deserve his super bowl mvps

he's no peyton!

Giantsfan1080
06-13-2012, 05:04 PM
I've been saying for years we should get rid of that bum.

bigbluedefense
06-14-2012, 08:23 AM
Haha, my brother was venting to me about that yesterday he was all concerned. I'm like relax, Eli does this every offseason.

I think Eli does it on purpose honestly. I think he wants to feel out his WR core in practice and see what he can and can't get away with in practice so he knows what he can do during games. If you notice, Eli trusts certain guys a lot and really gives them opportunities to go up and get the ball, and I think he only does that with certain guys he knows can do it. The only way to know is by testing it out in practice.

Jughead10
06-14-2012, 08:25 AM
OTAs is the exact opposite of 2 mins left with the season on the line. Of course he isn't going to be great.

Giantsfan1080
06-14-2012, 08:31 AM
I don't know if he does it on purpose or not but like I've been saying for the last 5 or 6 years Eli is the last person on the team we have to worry about.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself since we play such a tough schedule but I really think this can be a very very special year with all the talent we have on this roster. As always it'll come down to who can stay healthy but if we don't lose anyone major I feel very confident we're going to have a great drunken time watching the team this year.

scottyboy
06-14-2012, 08:40 AM
obviously we're just joking around but he seriously does do it EVERY pre-season. it's weird. it could very well be his method to his madness but at this point, it's not to sit back and joke about it

Giantsfan1080
06-14-2012, 09:20 AM
My weekly Barden quote that still gives me hope:

Tom Coughlin is very pleased with Ramses Barden this spring. "I think he’s figured it out and that’s a good first step," Coughlin said on @SiriusXMNFL. "He’s had some really good days in practice and done a really good job. I really do think that he’s right there. He’s got to do it with consistency. There can’t be any shortcomings. You’re a big receiver. You must excel in the green zone (and) as a blocker. I do feel good about where he is. I really feel good that he feels good about where he is.

scottyboy
06-14-2012, 09:22 AM
i saw that and KNEW you'd be in here with that Zak haha.

I still have hopes for JJ this year. Idk, I just really like him.

And want one of our shifty small dudes to pan out for once

Giantsfan1080
06-14-2012, 09:25 AM
I'm very very predictable with my Barden quotes.

Forenci
06-14-2012, 09:55 AM
Haha, I support your Barden support!

I feel like its a good sign. Coughlin is never a coach to give a lot of praise so if he's doing it for Barden I'd say that's a very good thing.

Even if he can become a red (green?) zone threat that would be pretty useful. Plus as we've seen, having a lot of receiver depth is becoming an underrated necessity in a pass happy league so hopefully he can give us that.

Giantsfan1080
06-14-2012, 12:44 PM
For those of you who were scared about the Bernard signing and what it possibly meant for Austin:

Patricia Traina
Fewell on what makes Marvin Austin different than the other DTs they have: "He has legite speed and quickness and get-off. I'm going to have to learn to use Marvin a little bit differently than I use Linval Joseph, and Shaun Rogers, and Rocky Bernard because I thinkt hat (Austin) can really cause some offensive linemen some problems."

bigbluedefense
06-14-2012, 01:13 PM
Barden sucks.

Damix
06-14-2012, 02:06 PM
Barden might turn out to be Ernest Wilford, difference being that Jax gave Wilford a lot of opportunities while we haven't really given Barden any.

Giantsfan1080
06-15-2012, 08:24 AM
Sounds like WR Brandon Collins is going to be someone to watch when the preseason games roll around. Also, Brandon Bing's name has been mentioned a good amount by the beat writers so we can throw him into that Tier C CB depth that will be fighting it out.

OSUGiants17
06-15-2012, 09:36 AM
Can Bing play safety? It would certainly be easier to make room for him on the Roster if he could beat out Jackson or Sash instead of trying to beat out Johnson, Tryon and the other CB who's name escapes me. I doubt we keep more than 9 DBs on the 53 man roster and I feel more confident in our CBs than our Safety depth.

BigBlueNorwegian
06-15-2012, 09:38 AM
JPP landed at no. 24 on the top 100 players list. Thought he should have been top ten honestly. He's a beast.

Giantsfan1080
06-15-2012, 09:47 AM
Can Bing play safety? It would certainly be easier to make room for him on the Roster if he could beat out Jackson or Sash instead of trying to beat out Johnson, Tryon and the other CB who's name escapes me. I doubt we keep more than 9 DBs on the 53 man roster and I feel more confident in our CBs than our Safety depth.

Naa he's a CB. S will be Rolle, Phillips, Sash, and then Stevie Brown has the inside track to the 4 spot right now. Don't forget Will Hill and Janzen Jackson are fighting for that spot also. Deon Grant can always come back to the mix if the coaches don't like what they're seeing out of the group.

Giantsfan1080
06-15-2012, 09:48 AM
JPP landed at no. 24 on the top 100 players list. Thought he should have been top ten honestly. He's a beast.

It's a terrible terrible list.

BigBlueNorwegian
06-15-2012, 10:59 AM
It's a terrible terrible list.

Agreed. Frank Gore is higher than Eli. I think that says it all. But it's just more motivation for our players. The only Giants I can say should be happy with their place on the list is Tuck and Cruz. JPP,Eli and Nicks should feel underrated by the players who voted.

NY+Giants=NYG
06-16-2012, 10:52 AM
It's always funny how Big ben is higher than Eli. Big Ben had an average year last season, while Eli had a very good year. And yet, the players out Ben higher than Eli.

But the whole list is messed up even having Romo so far back. He should be up more.

BigBlueNorwegian
06-17-2012, 12:55 PM
It's always funny how Big ben is higher than Eli. Big Ben had an average year last season, while Eli had a very good year. And yet, the players out Ben higher than Eli.

But the whole list is messed up even having Romo so far back. He should be up more.

Yeah, Romo gets underrated a lot. He's a very good QB. Much better than Flacco (wasn't he behind him on the list?), Ryan, and those guys. Top ten for sure in my book.

Giantsfan1080
06-17-2012, 12:57 PM
Romo's a very good QB but he's under the microscope to much because he is a Cowboys QB.

scottyboy
06-18-2012, 05:21 AM
guys, i've been thinking about just how scary our defense really can be. I'm going to be stating the obvious, but I just want to write it all down and be in awe of it. So much rotation, depth and talent...

DE: JPP, Tuck, Osi. Right there, best DE group in the NFL. JPP is a top 5 DE and going into his 3rd year. Tuck is the warrior, tremendous all around, and Osi is still, IMO, a top 5 pass rusher in the league. A group with the potential to create a LOT of turnovers and wreak so much havoc.

DT: Canty, Linval, Austin, Bernard, Rogers: Bernard and Rogers are guys who are good in short yardage and good depth guys. Canty was so crucial for us last season, over looked by many. Linval has all the talent and has great flashes, think he can really make a step. Austin has that devastating pass rush potential. Yes, he's been out of football for 2 years, but I'm excited to see what he can do.

LB: Blackburn, Rivers, Boley, Williams: We can have SO MUCH rotation here. Run stuffer/best LB'er ever Chase Blackburn out there can call signals, as can Boley. Boley was so great last year, and he, Williams and Rivers make up for a great group of cover LB'ers.

CB: TT, Webster, Prince, Hosley: Throw in a bunch of talented guys such as Bing and Blackmon who can come in and contribute (who ever wins camp battles) and this is a DEEP and talented group. Webster is a top 10 (perhaps 5) CB in the league. We know what TT can do, but coming off injury it's going to be interesting. Prince is finally healthy and we know how talented he is, along with Hosley.

S: Might be our weakest position defensively because of no Grant and I'm not sure I trust Sash. KP and ROlle is a great duo, we love 'em. Hopefully with TT back, we won't need as many 3 safety sets.

Oh yeah, and then there's the wildcard...which is funny because he's a joker. Kiwanuka. I love him and if Fewell uses him right, he's a force. He played actually pretty well at LB last season and vastly improved in coverage...and also is still one helluva DE. Gotta love Kiwi and the amount of weapons we can throw at people. Fewell needs to keep the foot on the gas. We've got a plethora of pass rushers in Osi, JPP, Tuck, Austin, Kiwi. Some big run stuffers up front with Chase behind them, and a ton of cover LB'ers where we can mix and match the opponents sets. Use rotation to keep guys fresh. I'm really, really excited for this season

bigbluedefense
06-18-2012, 10:41 AM
We have tons of talent on defense. Always have. It all comes down to Fewell and how he uses it.

I would temper my expectations of our DTs though. Canty was a beast last year, but he's coming off a knee injury that concerns me. Joseph is solid, and can become a beast, but we haven't seen him take that step yet. Austin is a wild card, I don't know what to expect from the guy. Bernard is depth. Rogers could be fat and washed up, or he can be decent depth to Joseph. We don't know.

So our DT core can be anywhere from great to mediocre. It all depends on how things shape up.

Giantsfan1080
06-18-2012, 11:45 AM
Go back and watch the GB game. Linval was a monster in that game. I also think Fewell has learned his lesson and we're all going to be pleasantly surprised with him this year.

scottyboy
06-18-2012, 12:45 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/blackburn_tops_offseason_depth_chart_1Kfoty3yOdEWa GUdCkX1VM

I need a Chase Blackburn sig.

BigBlueNorwegian
06-19-2012, 10:06 AM
I just rewatched some clips on nfl.com, and I had to just say this before I can start focusing on the new season:

We won the freaking Super Bowl!!! YES! It's so awesome to rewatch the sound fx clips, and rewatch Deion and Marshall faulk interview Coughlin after the victory.

I am so happy I got to experience such a special season, particularly because I didn't watch the whole season in 2007, just the SB. It was SB XLII that made me a Giants-fan, but this feels like my first real championship as a fan of the team. I'm so happy to have been able to be a part of the ride as a fan.

BamaFalcon59
06-19-2012, 06:11 PM
Any word on how Wilson/ Hosley look early on?

Giantsfan1080
06-19-2012, 06:23 PM
So far so good but with no contact it's hard to tell with Wilson. Hosley has made a few nice plays according to the coaches.

bigbluedefense
06-23-2012, 04:40 PM
I trust Paul Dottino's word a lot when it comes to training camp and mini camps, he has more inside info than anybody when it comes to that, and he's covered this team for like 20+ years so he's seen it all.

So far he's saying the rookie he's the most impressed with is Rueben Randle. He's also not a huge Barden fan.

As for Jernigan, I'm just hoping he gives us a great punt/kick returner this year, as well as a solid slot option in case anything happens to Cruz. I'm not expecting much more.

I'm curious to see David Wilson, but it's hard to know what you have in running backs until they put on pads and play in the preseason.

bigbluedefense
06-23-2012, 04:42 PM
I really really don't like that we're going into the season with Beatty pencilled in as the starting LT. Now his back issues makes me even more nervous.

I hope Brewer can show us something at RT so we can squeeze another year out of Diehl at LT until we find our LT of the future.

bigbluedefense
06-23-2012, 04:54 PM
Hopefully we have Suge on speed dial and he's keeping in shape. Just in case...

NY+Giants=NYG
06-24-2012, 09:04 PM
Justin Tuck on Eli Manning's 'Top 100' ranking: 'That's a joke'

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a179f1/article/justin-tuck-on-eli-mannings-top-100-ranking-thats-a-joke?module=HP11_headline_stack

BaLLiN
06-24-2012, 10:01 PM
I like our team, we got each other's backs, you see that even guys who are shown by media to be cancers like Osi back up and give the reality. He knows the Giants can't afford to put a lot of money in their DE specifically, and that he would take JPP and Tuck without question over himself. We got a good group of players and people on this team.

Giantsfan1080
06-24-2012, 10:05 PM
Osi is/was the furthest thing from a cancer. Media sucks.

bigbluedefense
06-25-2012, 02:11 PM
I really don't feel good about going into the season with Beatty as our starting LT.

I just don't think he's a starting caliber LT in this league. He's a backup swingman to me.

Damix
06-25-2012, 02:23 PM
I, on the other hand, am completely comfortable with him as the starting LT as long as he is healthy.

bigbluedefense
06-25-2012, 02:26 PM
Why?

He was awful last year. Mediocre pass blocker who constantly screwed up his assignments on blitzes, struggled with power rushers, and can't run block to save his life.

I just don't see anything about him that makes me feel comfortable with him in the starting lineup.

Damix
06-25-2012, 02:33 PM
I've gone over this before, the change from Beatty to Diehl was negligible.

If we could get a signifcant upgrade I'd be all for it.

bigbluedefense
06-25-2012, 02:41 PM
I don't think it was negligible. Yes the improvement in the run game was negligible bc our entire OL, particularly our Center (Baas sucks), was awful at run blocking, but we did see significant improvement in pass protection bc at least Diehl could figure out a blitz and pick up the right guy.

Beatty struggles identifying his assigment vs blitzes and stunts. He was just not a good player.

I think Diehl is much more reliable.

Giantsfan1080
06-25-2012, 04:07 PM
I think Diehl is much better but I'm willing to give Beatty one more opportunity this year to really see what we have. You can add him to the sink or swim list along with Barden.

Forenci
06-25-2012, 04:11 PM
Yeah, I think it's worth giving Beatty one more chance and we have Diehl if we need him. Obviously the coaching staff sees something in Beatty or they wouldn't have kept penciling him in as the starter.

bigbluedefense
06-25-2012, 04:53 PM
Who are our sink or swim players this year? Let's list em:

-Ramses Barden
-Clint Sintim
-Will Beatty
-Travis Beckum
-Greg Jones
-DJ Ware

I think Sintim is done. Beckum probably doesn't get re-signed regardless of how he plays this year, Jones will get cut, Ware will probably lose his job too.

OSUGiants17
06-25-2012, 04:57 PM
If Trattou doesn't show he can replace Tolly this year we definitely cut him and draft a DE round 1 or 2 next year.

bigbluedefense
06-25-2012, 05:02 PM
Is this a make or break year for Herz? I love his story and hope he pans out, I really do, but I don't see how he's gonna be anything more than a glorified STer with a rod in his leg.

I just don't see how he can overcome that.

Giantsfan1080
06-25-2012, 05:08 PM
That list looks about right. Herz and Paysinger have shown enough so far where I wouldn't list them. They also both played specials pretty well. Ware is kind of older at this point and we know what he is but I wouldn't call him a sink or swim guy. Sintim sucks and is done. I loved the pick but it just didn't work out. I liked what I saw out of Trattou last year in preseason and even that first game against the Skins. I think he'll do fine replacing Tolly and hopefully getting 3 or 4 sacks this year.

NY+Giants=NYG
06-26-2012, 09:14 AM
Who are our sink or swim players this year? Let's list em:

-Ramses Barden
-Clint Sintim
-Will Beatty
-Travis Beckum
-Greg Jones
-DJ Ware

I think Sintim is done. Beckum probably doesn't get re-signed regardless of how he plays this year, Jones will get cut, Ware will probably lose his job too.

I agree with everyone but Jones.

Big_Pete
06-26-2012, 06:16 PM
I think our Oline should be fine. The biggest issue we had last year was a huge turnover and loss of continuity.

I remember when we overhauled the line in 2004 and the reaction to bringing in O'Hara and all the doom Sayers we had about Petitgout or when we moved Diehl to LT.

We lost a ton of experience last year with Seubert and O'Hara, brought in a new centre and left tackle all without an offseason to gel and adjust.
Don't forget Snee and Diehl played hurt last year.

Beatty was ok, he does have potential. I think losing the offseason really hurt his progression. I have confidence in the coaching staff and they felt that Beatty was a better option than Diehl. I'm willing to see how that plays out. If Beatty is healthy I think we will be fine. If not we have Diehl and Locklear who can step in plus some talented youngsters.

Let's wait until after training camp before we start to panic.

Rosebud
06-26-2012, 11:27 PM
If Snee and Baas are healthy this year we'll run the ball a lot better, regardless of who the tackles are. Baas will be settled in, Snee could be back to being a beast, and both Boothe and Petrus are good run blockers at LG, add Diehl on the right and not even Beatty at LT will guarantee that the line can't run block.

I'm still skeptical about our OL, and I was one of Beatty's biggest fans coming, but if guys can stay healthier, with an offseason and the understanding they started to develop last season, we should be better than we were last year. Especially with better backs running behind the OL.

Giantsfan1080
06-27-2012, 07:14 AM
Put it this way. We can't be worse than last year. Throw in Wilson who is more shift, losing Jacobs who lost a step plus a full offseason of the line together and there will definitely be at least a small improvement. I'm really pumped about this season and what we can do. Please no major injuries!

OSUGiants17
06-27-2012, 11:19 AM
Put it this way. We can't be worse than last year. Throw in Wilson who is more shift, losing Jacobs who lost a step plus a full offseason of the line together and there will definitely be at least a small improvement. I'm really pumped about this season and what we can do. Please no major injuries!

Plus Bennett, Pascoe and Robinson are all good at blocking from the TE position and Hynoski, who made great strides last year, can pave the way.

bigbluedefense
06-27-2012, 12:35 PM
I will say this:

I think this upcoming year we'll see the best Giants offense we've ever had during the Eli Manning era.

Does that correlate to another title? Probably not, bc it's SO hard winning a SB, let alone back to back, you need so many things to bounce your way, but I do feel confident that this will be our best offense in awhile.

Giantsfan1080
06-27-2012, 12:42 PM
We just need that reliable 3rd WR to step up whether it be Randle, Barden, Hixon, or Jernigan.

bigbluedefense
06-27-2012, 12:52 PM
I think Randle is gonna exceed expectations. Be better than Mario. Maybe not as "clutch" as Mario bc he did make some huge catches for us last year at opportune times, but I think Randle will be a more reliable #3 throughout the year.

BaLLiN
06-27-2012, 04:13 PM
I think Randle is gonna exceed expectations. Be better than Mario. Maybe not as "clutch" as Mario bc he did make some huge catches for us last year at opportune times, but I think Randle will be a more reliable #3 throughout the year.

Mario really wasn't that clutch...He should be making the catches he makes, its just some of the catches he has are his savvy route running and on YAC. Against the Patriots in the SB, he had a much easier 1 on 1 post with no safety over the top which he should've won in the air. He doesn't catch with his hands, so those types of throws he isn't usually given. He was good in a lot of areas, but a lot of the times he just didnt catch the ball well.

bigbluedefense
06-27-2012, 04:16 PM
Mario really wasn't that clutch...He should be making the catches he makes, its just some of the catches he has are his savvy route running and on YAC. Against the Patriots in the SB, he had a much easier 1 on 1 post with no safety over the top which he should've won in the air. He doesn't catch with his hands, so those types of throws he isn't usually given. He was good in a lot of areas, but a lot of the times he just didnt catch the ball well.

Mario is/was a dynamic WR. His problem has always been consistency. Consistency in his route running, his hands, his ability to make the proper sight adjustments, he's just not consistent and reliable.

Had he been able to consistently do all of those things, he'd be our best WR. But he's just not capable of putting it all together in our system.

In a simpler system he might become that guy, but in our system, he's nothing more than a 3 bc of his inconsistency.

Forenci
06-27-2012, 04:16 PM
A lot of those clutch sideline catches were caused but his inability to run a proper route, haha.

bigbluedefense
06-28-2012, 02:18 PM
My job blows.

Yeah I know that has nothing to do with the Giants, but whatever.

Giantsfan1080
06-28-2012, 02:55 PM
I'll join that club. That's why I'm on here half the time I'm at work.

Jughead10
06-28-2012, 03:59 PM
Mine sucks too. That's life, isn't it?

Giantsfan1080
06-28-2012, 04:23 PM
Mine sucks too. That's life, isn't it?

It certainly is. It also leads 100% to my weekend alcoholic lifestyle.

Damix
06-28-2012, 05:01 PM
I'm with you guys, barely do any work, most surfing the internet

Forenci
06-28-2012, 05:11 PM
Haha, career change guys! I don't understand how people can tolerate miserable jobs.

Damix
06-28-2012, 05:17 PM
Haha, career change guys! I don't understand how people can tolerate miserable jobs.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$

bigbluedefense
06-28-2012, 05:58 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$

Yup. If I could leave for another place and make the same salary id do it in a heartbeat. But the market sucks really bad right now.

bigbluedefense
06-28-2012, 06:01 PM

I'm gonna let you in on a secret my undergraduate friend. Work sucks period. No matter what field youre in, no matter how much you make, work sucks. You know why? Bc its work. Its not called fun, its called work. And it sucks.

Forenci
06-28-2012, 06:01 PM
Haha, I understand. I know I will be lucky to be 45k a year teaching in South Carolina but honestly I'll be happy. I enjoy teaching and I get summers off which lets me pursue other interests.

I'll probably end up getting my doctorate down the road though and teaching at a university. Probably one of the best combinations of easy workload and solid pay.

And hey now, BBD! I'm getting my masters as we speak!

Giantsfan1080
06-28-2012, 06:13 PM
It really sucks extra for me because the money I make is **** also. I really do need to look for a new job.

NY+Giants=NYG
06-29-2012, 01:50 PM
I'm gonna let you in on a secret my undergraduate friend. Work sucks period. No matter what field youre in, no matter how much you make, work sucks. You know why? Bc its work. Its not called fun, its called work. And it sucks.

Well do what you enjoy and you will never work a day in your life.

Damix
06-29-2012, 02:12 PM
Doing what I enjoy is laying around the pool, surfing the internet and drinking.

There aren't many 100k jobs in those fields.

I actually don't mind what I do, the problem solving is interesting, just lots of down/boring time where I have no motivation to go "above and beyond"

scottyboy
06-29-2012, 03:58 PM
forenci, you're a teacher too?!?!?!

see, i'm gonna enjoy my job, even though i'll get **** pay.

just gonna hafta marry rich, oh well

Giantsfan1080
06-29-2012, 04:32 PM
I'm on the lookout for a sugar momma.

NY+Giants=NYG
06-29-2012, 05:34 PM
Doing what I enjoy is laying around the pool, surfing the internet and drinking.

There aren't many 100k jobs in those fields.

I actually don't mind what I do, the problem solving is interesting, just lots of down/boring time where I have no motivation to go "above and beyond"

Do that for a travel website or start your own. Go around to hotels of the world, and do that and write your reviews. I am not saying it will work or anything, but who knows. I learned the hard way, and now going back to school in what I want to do.

Forenci
06-29-2012, 05:34 PM
forenci, you're a teacher too?!?!?!

see, i'm gonna enjoy my job, even though i'll get **** pay.

just gonna hafta marry rich, oh well

Haha, I will be after I get my masters more than likely. I mean, if something popped up in the field of journalism I MIGHT consider it but it would have to be something I really love.

My girl friend and likely future wife is also getting her masters in special education so I doubt we will be making much money, haha. I really don't mind though. Working 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. every day, teaching kids, and having summers, weekends, and a lot of holidays off will be amazing.

BigBlueNorwegian
06-29-2012, 08:04 PM
I actually quit law school after two years to pursue my dream of becoming a sports journalist. I already had a part-time job in the biggest law firm in Norway, and had an oral agreement on becoming a trainee, and eventually, an associate in that firm. But I said to myself "is this really what I want?" to work 50-70 hours a week, just so I can make a ******** of money and be miserable?

In the end, it became quite clear to me. I want to work with my passion. Because, as NYG said, if you do that, you never work a day in your life. And honestly, I could write about and speak of/discuss a variety of sports for days on end without getting bored. So It's the perfect occupation for me. Sure, I probably won't be rich, like I could have become as a lawyer. But I will at least be happy. That's the main goal for me. Life is short, so try to do things that make you happy as often as you can.

Forenci
06-30-2012, 04:17 AM
I commend you on that, sir. A lot of people don't realize that and feel that money = happiness. I guess for some people that's true, which is fine, but if you're going to be miserable in obtaining money, or you work so much that you can't enjoy the things you buy with that money then what's the point?

For me, family comes before anything. Family makes me happy. So I know when I have a family in the not too distant future I want to be able to spend as much time as I can with them and a teacher doesn't have to work insane hours. Plus I will enjoy teaching. Especially teaching English, as I feel most professors/teachers tend to do everything in their power to make it uninteresting, something I plan not to do.

Also, it must be an incredibly slow off-season if we have resorted to this discussion, haha. Not that there's anything wrong with it.

But damn, I was excited about how many Giants games I was able to watch despite being in South Carolina. I'm moving back down there on Monday to continue to work on my masters degree, but I'll probably get a ton of Giants games on national TV, especially after them winning the Super Bowl.

I've even slowly managed to convert my girl friend into a Giants fan which is always a plus.

NY+Giants=NYG
06-30-2012, 10:15 AM
I actually quit law school after two years to pursue my dream of becoming a sports journalist. I already had a part-time job in the biggest law firm in Norway, and had an oral agreement on becoming a trainee, and eventually, an associate in that firm. But I said to myself "is this really what I want?" to work 50-70 hours a week, just so I can make a ******** of money and be miserable?

In the end, it became quite clear to me. I want to work with my passion. Because, as NYG said, if you do that, you never work a day in your life. And honestly, I could write about and speak of/discuss a variety of sports for days on end without getting bored. So It's the perfect occupation for me. Sure, I probably won't be rich, like I could have become as a lawyer. But I will at least be happy. That's the main goal for me. Life is short, so try to do things that make you happy as often as you can.

That's what I did. I went from Business school to working, to trying to get into the NFL, and coming close to now doing my post bach and trying to get into medical school. By the time I am done, I will be old, lol. I will be 31 this August, so it will take while.

But I have more interest in science than I do in anything else. It comes easier to me. If I become a doctor, I won't think of it as work. To help people i need everyday will be an honor for me.

bigbluedefense
06-30-2012, 10:35 AM
I'm a scientist. The work is fulfilling, it's very interesting and respectable, but the hours are long, the pay isn't as good as it should be considering all the education and knowledge I need to perform my job, and you do all the work and receive none of the credit.

That's the frustrating part for me. I spend 10 hours a day in the lab cooking up something that the company makes millions off of, and then some guy in the business department gets credit for the money coming into the company bc he took my research and told an investor about it. Big deal.

I'm trying to get out of the labs and get into more of a managerial/office role where I have others do the technical work and I present it, but it's hard to get your foot in that door.

NY+Giants=NYG
06-30-2012, 10:38 AM
Would you consider getting your MBA? Maybe that linked with your science degree would be enough to open more doors.

bigbluedefense
06-30-2012, 10:42 AM
I have. I started my phd so the mba has to wait a couple of years, but my ultimate goal is to have a phd and mba. I'm also getting project management and regulatory certificates.

bigbluedefense
06-30-2012, 10:47 AM
Realistically, I'll only do half of that bc as you get older, your drive to continue your education goes down. I'll probably just do my phd and get a cert in project management.

NY+Giants=NYG
06-30-2012, 10:55 AM
Realistically, I'll only do half of that bc as you get older, your drive to continue your education goes down. I'll probably just do my phd and get a cert in project management.

Try doing both if you can. The drive may go down, but if you truly feel the way you do that should make the drive go up so your not stuck in the situation you're currently in. That's where I get my motivation. It's a shame the football thing didn't work out for me. I was soo close. Stupid Falcons. But perhaps it was a blessing because now I am on track to do what I wanted to do since I was young. So who knows maybe this was a blessing that I didn't get myself in the NFL.

bigbluedefense
06-30-2012, 11:01 AM
Yeah I'm gonna try. I just think I'm at the point in my career where I developed my skills and knowledge to a point where I need to take the next step and move up the ranks. I did just about all I can do in the labs, now it's time to parlay that into a management position where I can venture into project management, regulatory, or business development side of the industry.

NY+Giants=NYG
06-30-2012, 11:05 AM
Yeah I'm gonna try. I just think I'm at the point in my career where I developed my skills and knowledge to a point where I need to take the next step and move up the ranks. I did just about all I can do in the labs, now it's time to parlay that into a management position where I can venture into project management, regulatory, or business development side of the industry.

Usually in this country the way to do that is education. A lot of people want that and want money but hate to educate themselves. So they are stuck in a rut. That's why I think education is the key. Get the proper degrees and with your science background you will be in high demand. Find out what specific position you like and see if you can read up and learn what they do in your spare time. This way you know some stuff about it before actually doing it. Then get your MBA and perhaps concentrate in something if you can.

scottyboy
06-30-2012, 12:01 PM
Forenci, I'm getting my masters in education too and im excited. I could never do a job where I'm miserable and I love teaching and it's something I really wanna do. Teach and coach basketball. If I'm happy, I'll be ok with not being loaded

Forenci
06-30-2012, 12:06 PM
Forenci, I'm getting my masters in education too and im excited. I could never do a job where I'm miserable and I love teaching and it's something I really wanna do. Teach and coach basketball. If I'm happy, I'll be ok with not being loaded

Haha, same. I never thought about coaching. It would be fun, but honestly if I had a family I probably wouldn't do it. All the coaches I talked to in high school said it was time consuming as hell. If I was single though I'd probably do it.

OSUGiants17
06-30-2012, 01:03 PM
This has gotten pretty depressing, I don't wanna grow up now

NY+Giants=NYG
06-30-2012, 01:33 PM
This has gotten pretty depressing, I don't wanna grow up now

That's the irony of the situation. People in school want to graduate and be grown up, while the people out of school, want to go back because it was more fun, and due to the economy it makes it worse.

bigbluedefense
06-30-2012, 02:52 PM
I'll say this. I do like what I do. I probably gave the wrong impression. I think my problem lies with I'm never satisfied. I bust my butt, want to advance, then I advance, and for like a month or 2, it feels good. Then you settle into your new role, and you feel like you want more. And then you do it again, you advance, settle, then want more.

And more and more and more. Its never enough. I just can't sit back and be satisfied with where I'm at. I always feel like I can do more, and it pushes me to do more, but at the same time, that drive leaves you feeling unfulfilled and the only way to kill it is to push yourself to do more.

I guess you can call it competitiveness, or whatever, but it's just how I am.

I look back, and I'm like damn, I should be more progressed in my career than I currently am if I did this, this and this. And that pushes you to try to make up for it.

It's hard to explain.

bigbluedefense
07-01-2012, 12:06 PM
Anyone know anything about this Will Hill character?

Is he just another typical training camp story that will be forgotten in a month?

bigbluedefense
07-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Interesting article about Bennett:

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/06/giants_summer_questionnaire_ti.html

He says some interesting things. He's saying all the right things right now, but I'm still skeptical. I want to see him do it on the field, and have the right attitude and approach on our team. I really didn't like him on Dallas. I thought he was a whiner, had an awful attitude, and ran bad routes and had bad hands. So I'm still very skeptical.

He also discusses how our passing concepts are more detailed and complex than Dallas, but it sounds like he had some options in Dallas which is good, it won't be a complete culture shock to him to run in our system. He sounds like he finally gets it, but again, I just can't trust this dude.

We'll see how it goes I guess. He should be a good run blocker at least.

Forenci
07-01-2012, 02:19 PM
Interesting article about Bennett:

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/06/giants_summer_questionnaire_ti.html

He says some interesting things. He's saying all the right things right now, but I'm still skeptical. I want to see him do it on the field, and have the right attitude and approach on our team. I really didn't like him on Dallas. I thought he was a whiner, had an awful attitude, and ran bad routes and had bad hands. So I'm still very skeptical.

He also discusses how our passing concepts are more detailed and complex than Dallas, but it sounds like he had some options in Dallas which is good, it won't be a complete culture shock to him to run in our system. He sounds like he finally gets it, but again, I just can't trust this dude.

We'll see how it goes I guess. He should be a good run blocker at least.

Yeah. It's easy to say all the right things before training camp and the season begins but you never know at the same time. A lot of guys think they're the **** when they come out of college and are drafted pretty high. When they get cut or don't do well and end up going somewhere else it's when they finally realize they weren't as good as they thought and have to actually work for it.

We'll see. I'm not convinced of anything yet but it's still nice to hear.

Rosebud
07-01-2012, 07:21 PM
Worst case scenario, he makes no progress from what he was for Dallas and is just a good run blocker for us.

Giantsfan1080
07-01-2012, 07:27 PM
Anyone know anything about this Will Hill character?

Is he just another typical training camp story that will be forgotten in a month?

He's a huge asshole. Pissed the Giants signed him even if he does well. Fits better somewhere else.

Damix
07-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Giants/Career advice forum.

bigbluedefense
07-02-2012, 12:52 PM
Thoughts on Jim Leonard as a possible 3rd safety if he comes cheap? I love Leonard, he's smart, instinctive, great tackler, he's a leader, good character, etc.

I think he'd fit in nicely on our roster and would make our 3 safety sets even better. If he's healthy of course.

I do like Chris Horton as a sleeper in our competition for the 3rd safety spot though. But the thought of Jim Leonard is intriguing.

Giantsfan1080
07-02-2012, 12:55 PM
No thanks. I think we're set at S with Sash, Horton, Hill, and Jackson. If we did sign one more guy then I would just want Grant back.

Rosebud
07-02-2012, 01:02 PM
Plus I want TT playing as the 3rd safety some of the time as well. Kenny cleaning up deep with TT and Rolle as the safeties in front of him would be a simply magnificent three safety set.

I'd love for Horton to get back to the level he was at for us and am still hopeful for Sash, but if everybody's healthy, I want TT getting most of the third safety snaps.

bigbluedefense
07-02-2012, 03:16 PM
I think TT's role as a potential 3rd safety will largely depend on how Prince looks this year.

If Prince looks great on the outside and Hosely looks great as a nickel (supposedly Hosely is looking good), I can see TT seeing a lot of time as the 3rd safety. If Prince looks mediocre and so does Hosely, I can see TT cemented at CB all the time.

Rosebud
07-02-2012, 05:52 PM
True, but Prince was really coming on at the end of the year and I'm a big fan of Hosley's. Plus we've got a number of solid inside guys to play the nickel if Hosley struggles. It's Prince who'll be the big question mark, since we are not nearly as deep with outside guys. That said I think Prince will do well this season if Fewell lets the secondary do well, if we get more late season Fewell than early season Fewell, cause if we get early season Fewell it won't matter who's playing out there.

Big_Pete
07-03-2012, 04:10 PM
I think our secondary will be fine. Let's not forget that we probably have 10 roster spots for DBs. Just look at the competition we have.

At cb we have Webster, Thomas and Amukamara, then we have Tryon and Coe who we like plus our draft pick Hosely, our free agent signing Moulden plus Johnson who is well established in our system and Bing plus Janzen
The Giants are searching for 37 receptions from their most productive tight end this season.

That number is flexible, but something in that neighborhood would be a significant boost for the offense. From 2008-2011, the Giants' top receiving tight end averaged 37 catches a season. That included highs of 42 receptions by Kevin Boss in 2010 and 38 by Jake Ballard in the 2011 championship season. Ballard yesterday was waived/failed physical, a transaction stemming from the torn anterior cruciate ligament he suffered in Super Bowl XLVI.
At safety we have Phillips and Rolle plus Sash then we have Horton and Brown plus Hill.

I have probably forgotten a few too. There will be some very tight battles in camp. I am expecting we will keep 6 CBs and 4 S.

I think we will bring back Thomas slowly, maybe Splurting time with Prince initially.

Let's not forget with the likes of Boley, Rivers, Williams and Paysinger we have some of the most athletic LBs that NYG has had in a long time.

Giantsfan1080
07-03-2012, 05:45 PM
I absolutely love our CB depth. It's the deepest position on the team. We're going to cut a player or two who ends up on another doing well. I'm specifically going to really be rooting for Tryon and Bing. I think Corey, TT, Prince, and Hosely are the obvious locks to make the team. I also think we might end up carrying 7 CB's and and try to sneak someone on the PS if possible. I don't know where we'll get the extra roster spot though. They need to expand the rosters by a few players.

Big_Pete
07-03-2012, 11:19 PM
I'm a scientist. The work is fulfilling, it's very interesting and respectable, but the hours are long, the pay isn't as good as it should be considering all the education and knowledge I need to perform my job, and you do all the work and receive none of the credit.

That's the frustrating part for me. I spend 10 hours a day in the lab cooking up something that the company makes millions off of, and then some guy in the business department gets credit for the money coming into the company bc he took my research and told an investor about it. Big deal.

I'm trying to get out of the labs and get into more of a managerial/office role where I have others do the technical work and I present it, but it's hard to get your foot in that door.

I absolutely love our CB depth. It's the deepest position on the team. We're going to cut a player or two who ends up on another doing well. I'm specifically going to really be rooting for Tryon and Bing. I think Corey, TT, Prince, and Hosely are the obvious locks to make the team. I also think we might end up carrying 7 CB's and and try to sneak someone on the PS if possible. I don't know where we'll get the extra roster spot though. They need to expand the rosters by a few players.

I like our CB depth but I still think LB is the deepest position on the team.

Boley and Kiwanuka are entrenched as starters, Kiwi will be better with his role pretty much established. Blackburn is stud special teamer and knows the system very well. Herzlich, Jones, Williams and Paysinger all did ok as rookies and will be better with a genuine offseason to prepare. Plus we brought in Rivers who could start and have Muasa whom the coaches really like. And then there is Sinti
If he gets healthy, he does have a ability and could yet bring it all together (though I expect him to start on pup).

That's ten LBs each of whom a legitimate case can be made for roster spots. At best we are likely to have seven spots available. It will come down to who performs best in camp. This battle will be rather fierce. Other than Boley, Kiwi and perhaps Rivers, every other spot is up for grabs.

I am very impressed with the young LB group we have.

bigbluedefense
07-05-2012, 08:29 AM
It's good to know that we'll be solid at CB for the foreseeable future. Web has 2 years left in the tank, Thomas should be fine if that ACL heals up, and Prince and Hosely make a great future 2 and 3 for us.

My concern is the state of our safeties if we can't re-sign Kenny. Rolle has a big contract and could be on the chopping block or asked to restructure his contract, and Kenny's contract is coming up.

With so many contracts coming up, 1 or both could be collateral damage. And if that happens, our safety duo which I beileve is top 3 in the league, becomes very mediocre very quickly.

bigbluedefense
07-05-2012, 08:50 AM
I'm curious to see if Adrian Tracy can replace Tolly. Supposedly they're moving him back to DE.

I liked Tracy. I thought he was a solid player who missed out on the roster bc of the #s game. He's good enough to be on a 53 man roster. Now as a DE, maybe he can give us what Tolly gave us. If he can give us good special teams play and 3 sacks on the season, that's good enough.

Giantsfan1080
07-05-2012, 08:59 AM
Our secondary depth is going to take a big hit. I want to hear about extensions to our good young players.

Giantsfan1080
07-05-2012, 09:00 AM
I'm curious to see if Adrian Tracy can replace Tolly. Supposedly they're moving him back to DE.

I liked Tracy. I thought he was a solid player who missed out on the roster bc of the #s game. He's good enough to be on a 53 man roster. Now as a DE, maybe he can give us what Tolly gave us. If he can give us good special teams play and 3 sacks on the season, that's good enough.

I've been saying this for awhile but I think Trattou replaces Wosi. Not only because they're both white.

bigbluedefense
07-05-2012, 09:16 AM
Our secondary depth is going to take a big hit. I want to hear about extensions to our good young players.

Depth in the secondary is all about youth though. Speed, speed, speed. If we keep our core 3-4 guys together, we can build the depth through the draft and hope some of those young guys can give us quality depth for the duration of their rookie deals.

Big_Pete
07-05-2012, 09:00 PM

I think Tracy will stick, he is a natural pass rusher and at least in college had proven ability to get to the QB, plus Fewell and co have made a big deal about his strength and power this offseason. I think he will be more natural at DE.
He also offers good specials ability and versatility. He is one of the few guys who may be able to do some of the things Kiwi does in that hybrid role.

Big_Pete
07-05-2012, 09:04 PM
It's good to know that we'll be solid at CB for the foreseeable future. Web has 2 years left in the tank, Thomas should be fine if that ACL heals up, and Prince and Hosely make a great future 2 and 3 for us.

My concern is the state of our safeties if we can't re-sign Kenny. Rolle has a big contract and could be on the chopping block or asked to restructure his contract, and Kenny's contract is coming up.

With so many contracts coming up, 1 or both could be collateral damage. And if that happens, our safety duo which I beileve is top 3 in the league, becomes very mediocre very quickly.

I agree. To be honest, I wouldn't be hugely surprised if we addressed safety in the draft next year (that safety class seems to have some depth)

But we do have options. If Prince and/or Hosely emerge we could move Thomad to safety.

OSUGiants17
07-05-2012, 10:51 PM
Next years class seems to be deep at DE and S which is nice since I think they will be our only needs on D, unless we bring back KP(which I REALLY hope we do). I just want to get more depth in the trenches next off-season. Give me a blue-chip hard working OT or C, a pass-rushing DE to learn from Tuck and give us our depth since we'll lose Osi, and give me some DT depth unless Austin shows something and Linval beasts it. I really like the 2 Texas A&M OTs, Fluker, Faulk, Barrett Jones, and the kid from Virginia at OL. I also love the DEs, mainly the kids from Texas along with the kids at Florida State.

bigbluedefense
07-06-2012, 10:57 AM
I want a damn linebacker. Keuchly was my wet dream, but it didn't happen.

If we get a chance to get a stud ILB, I want us to pull the trigger. LB coverage is so vital in today's game with so many spread offenses.

NY+Giants=NYG
07-06-2012, 11:13 AM
Didn't think it was possible by Toomer is getting himself in the Tiki barber category of saying things that could possibly bite him in the buttock!

bigbluedefense
07-06-2012, 11:17 AM
I don't really care about it. Toomer is trying to get headlines to create buzz for his broadcasting career.

And I prefer the media to doubt the Giants/players. They play better that way.

Eli doesn't have to do anything for anyone. Just keep winning.

Giantsfan1080
07-17-2012, 08:07 AM
I absolutely hate to rush the summer but I need my football fix. Camps can't open soon enough.

Keith Rivers is going to be one of th best surprises for us this year also. If we stay healthy I expect big things from this team.

bigbluedefense
07-17-2012, 08:48 AM
Rueben Randle.

I'm tellin ya. Beast. Just watch.

I actually am not impressed with Rivers. Just watching some of his highlights over the past 2 years on youtube, he seemed pretty awful. Bad instincts, poor tackling, he doesn't attack gaps, soft, didn't shed blocks well. He just looked like he sucked to be honest.

I hear he's tearing it up for us, but I'm weary of TC hype. Funny I say that then hype up Randle right?

*shrug*

Giantsfan1080
07-17-2012, 09:14 AM
I'm holding off on Randle until I see him in preseason. Rivers I have a good feeling about.

bigbluedefense
07-17-2012, 09:25 AM
I hope Rivers can play MIKE. I really want to see Jacquan on the outside. I think he's going to be a beast. Tons of potential there. He's an absolute force as a blitzer.

Giantsfan1080
07-17-2012, 09:28 AM
I think Blackburn and Herzlich are going to have Mike duties. After that I think Fewell is going to have a ton of different sets for the LB's and we'll probably go light on 3 S set this year. We're going to rotate our LB's a good deal just like we do with the D-Line depending on down and distance. I'm very high on Williams. I just can't state enough that this team has me really really excited.

bigbluedefense
07-17-2012, 09:38 AM
This is our most talented team since 86. Now does that mean we can repeat? No, it's SO hard to repeat that I'm not expecting it. But this is, on paper, our best team in almost 20 years.

bigbluedefense
07-17-2012, 09:40 AM
Also, rotating LBs...I'm not sure how I feel about it. I want us to use 4 LBs and just go with them. LBs need to get a feel for the game. Rotating them in and out, they never get that. Route combinations, how the OC is trying to set up the defense with his playcalling, tendencies of the players, all of that is learned throughout the game and LBs need reps to get that feel. They also need to feel each other out. That comes with practice and reps together. Especially in zone defense, chemistry with your teammates in zone is critical.

That's why I hope we have 2 LBs we use always in nickel, 3 we always use always in base, and 1 guy as our primary sub.

That's my preference. The depth will showcase itself throughout the season due to injuries which are unavoidable, but to start the season, I'd like a solid unit.

Giantsfan1080
07-17-2012, 09:44 AM
This is our most talented team since 86. Now does that mean we can repeat? No, it's SO hard to repeat that I'm not expecting it. But this is, on paper, our best team in almost 20 years.

Absolutely agree. We are better than the 2008 team everywhere except for O-Line.

bigbluedefense
07-17-2012, 10:08 AM
Yeah OL is the only concern for me. It's a big concern though.

BaLLiN
07-18-2012, 09:28 PM
At this point Jacquain is basically what Grant was regarding speed and size. He's a better blitzer, probably worse in coverage, but he does give us a bison linebacker type. I agree with you all, I loved his tape and thought he was perfect for us. I was so surprised that we found someone with that ability and we should probably thank our scouts on that one.

Our OL is worse than 2008, but if you look at how the game has transformed, it really isn't comparable. OL's value has went down. Quicker release, more WR, better schemes have allowed for this. I am anxious to see Wilson in action, I really like Lamar Miller, but Wilson might be a better fit for the NFL.

bigbluedefense
07-19-2012, 07:22 AM
I had Wilson as my #2 rated RB, so I'm happy with Wilson. He obviously wasn't my first choice bc I believe in getting RBs later in the draft, but hopefully it works out.

Jacquain has gained weight too. He's a healthy size for a LB now, and he's still fast as lightning and strong for his size. We got a keeper in him. He's going to be Boley's replacement in a year or 2. What a find.

Now in a perfect world, Herzlich will regain form and our LB core will actually be a strength not a weakness, but I just dont see that happening. I'm rooting for it though.

Giantsfan1080
07-19-2012, 07:34 AM
At worst this year our LB corps will be average. They are an underrated group at this point.

bigbluedefense
07-19-2012, 07:40 AM
That has me thinking:

I wonder how many of our current starters will still be on the roster 3 years from now.

LE: Tuck
NT:
UT: Austin?
RE: JPP

WILL: Williams
MIKE: ?
SAM: ?

FS: Kenny?
SS: ?

CB: Thomas
CB: Prince
CB: Hosley

I think we lose Kiwi, Osi, we may lose Joseph, probably lose Rolle, Boley, definitely lose Chase, and probably lose Webster. We're deep at CB so we won't miss a beat there, I'm hoping we keep Kenny which will make our Safety situation look a lot better, and we'll have to replenish our dline again bc Kiwi and Osi are both gone in 2 years.

Offensively, as long as we keep Eli, Nicks, and Cruz, I could care less who else we lose. The whole OL needs to be redone anyway, our TE situation is what it is, RBs are dime a dozen, so that's whatever.

bigbluedefense
07-19-2012, 07:41 AM
At worst this year our LB corps will be average. They are an underrated group at this point.

We're deep. The question is the quality at the top, how good is it?

I think we're very talented and deep on the outside. Middle backer is the real question mark.

Giantsfan1080
07-19-2012, 07:48 AM
Boley as the leader is a good start. Probably a top 10-12 OLB in the game. Kiwi is still getting better at the position and has started to play the run real well. After that it's a lot of upside and potential with guys who have flashed. I expect them to keep improving.

Giantsfan1080
07-19-2012, 07:49 AM
That has me thinking:

I wonder how many of our current starters will still be on the roster 3 years from now.

LE: Tuck
NT:
UT: Austin?
RE: JPP

WILL: Williams
MIKE: ?
SAM: ?

FS: Kenny?
SS: ?

CB: Thomas
CB: Prince
CB: Hosley

I think we lose Kiwi, Osi, we may lose Joseph, probably lose Rolle, Boley, definitely lose Chase, and probably lose Webster. We're deep at CB so we won't miss a beat there, I'm hoping we keep Kenny which will make our Safety situation look a lot better, and we'll have to replenish our dline again bc Kiwi and Osi are both gone in 2 years.

Offensively, as long as we keep Eli, Nicks, and Cruz, I could care less who else we lose. The whole OL needs to be redone anyway, our TE situation is what it is, RBs are dime a dozen, so that's whatever.

3 years from now I expect JPP, Tuck, Joseph, Williams, Herzlich, Prince, Thomas, Hosley, and Kenny will still be on the team.

bigbluedefense
07-19-2012, 08:05 AM
You sound like you have high hopes for Herzlich.

I'm not even sure if Herzlich makes the team this year.

Giantsfan1080
07-19-2012, 08:20 AM
Word is he looks very good so far athletically. I thought he played specials well last year and he's only going to get better and better the further he's removed from the cancer. I bet by the 2ns half of the year he's our starting MLB.

bigbluedefense
07-19-2012, 08:59 AM
Boy I sure hope so. Herz before the cancer was a beast. I'm just fearful of that rod in his leg. How athletic can you be with a metal rod in your leg?

bigbluedefense
07-19-2012, 09:13 AM
I don't know what we do with Rivers. He's on a 1 year contract and wants to get paid.

So let's assume he does in fact have a bounceback season. Then what? How do we even afford to re-sign him?

Giantsfan1080
07-19-2012, 09:35 AM
I don't think it's that big a deal. Look at these sprinters now who have rods for legs and are still fast as all can be.

Giantsfan1080
07-19-2012, 09:35 AM
I don't know what we do with Rivers. He's on a 1 year contract and wants to get paid.

So let's assume he does in fact have a bounceback season. Then what? How do we even afford to re-sign him?

Who said he wants to get paid? Let him play out his year and then we'll worry about it. For what we gave up it was a steal if he performs.

bigbluedefense
07-19-2012, 09:39 AM
I know that, I'm not concerned about this year. I'm saying IF he tears it up this year and wants to get paid after this year, I don't see how we can extend him and keep him.

He just seems like a 1 year rental to me, from a long term perspective.

Giantsfan1080
07-19-2012, 09:49 AM
I know that, I'm not concerned about this year. I'm saying IF he tears it up this year and wants to get paid after this year, I don't see how we can extend him and keep him.

He just seems like a 1 year rental to me, from a long term perspective.

It's very possible but how big of a deal could he realistically want coming off only 1 good year? His 2nd contract will be less than his 1st whether it's with us or not.

BaLLiN
07-20-2012, 07:08 PM
So if he tears it up, let someone else give him that big contract, we only benefit from getting a comp pick, same for Bennett. Those two guys have their dirty laundry, so if they do well for us good but I don't see either really being longterm with their past careers.

scottyboy
07-21-2012, 08:20 AM
Grant's expected to re-sign with the Giants which is awesome sauce

gpngc
07-21-2012, 08:39 AM
Grant's expected to re-sign with the Giants which is awesome sauce

Such an underrated contributor.

scottyboy
07-21-2012, 09:11 AM
Such an underrated contributor.

agreed, but not by us. We love him and the role he provides. His on the field play wasn't so great last year, had an obvious decline, but his leadership and knowledge is HUGE

bigbluedefense
07-21-2012, 09:22 AM
I'm glad we're bringing Grant back. Can't hurt. Now the question its, which safety doesn't make the cut? Horton or Sash?

scottyboy
07-21-2012, 09:28 AM
i'd assume Horton. Sash has a year with us and did ok on specials. Horton's coming off injury IIRC and only had like half of a TREMENDOUS season for washington then just kinda fell off

Giantsfan1080
07-21-2012, 10:13 AM
Grant said it but I don't think we re-sign him unless someone gets hurt. I don't see how we're going to play a lot of that 3rd S look this year making his sign unnecessary.

bigbluedefense
07-21-2012, 11:23 AM
Our team is so deep, I expect us to lose alot of guys off the 53 that we don't want to lose.

scottyboy
07-21-2012, 11:33 AM
QB: Eli, Carr (2)

RB Bradshaw, Wilson, Ware, Scott (4)

FB: Hynoski (1)

WR: Nicks, Cruz, Randle, Barden, JJ, Hixon (6)

TE: Pascoe, Robinson, Bennett (3)

OT: Diehl, Beatty, Brewer (3)

OG: Snee, Boothe, Petrus (3)

OC: Baas (1)

DE: Tuck, JPP, Osi, Trattou (4)

DT: Canty, Linval, Austin, Bernard (4)

LB: Boley, Rivers, Williams, Chase, Herz, Kiwi (6)

CB: Prince, Webster, TT, Hosley, Bing (?) (one of our 3rd tier CB's, whoever beats it out) (5)

S: Rolle, KP, Grant, Sash (4)

K: Tynes (1)

P: Steve (1)

LS: DeOssie (1)

That's 49 right there. I think we keep 6 CB's to make it 50, another OL or LB as well. And I did this VERY quickly, so I know I'm forgetting guys

Giantsfan1080
07-21-2012, 11:47 AM
Our team is so deep, I expect us to lose alot of guys off the 53 that we don't want to lose.

Absolutely. We're going to lose 2 or 3 guys that get picked up by other teams and do pretty well. I'm convinced of that.

bigbluedefense
07-23-2012, 11:35 AM
I'm really excited about Rueben Randle. I really hope he can pick up the system quickly.

The more I see of him, the more excited I get.

Giantsfan1080
07-23-2012, 11:37 AM
I'm just pumped to see everyone in the first preseason game. Randle and Wilson included.

bigbluedefense
07-23-2012, 11:48 AM
I just pray for no injuries. Please. No injuries please.

LonghornsLegend
07-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Has Adrien Robinson made any noise for you guys yet, or hard to tell without pads? Is it kind of a foregone conclusion that he's going to be the starter next year or will that depend on how he develops/plays? He was certainly interesting to me coming out, and looks like a guy that if brought along slowly you could have something there.

Giantsfan1080
07-23-2012, 11:54 AM
I just pray for no injuries. Please. No injuries please.

We should all get together and make some kind of peace offering this year to appease the gods.

bigbluedefense
07-23-2012, 11:55 AM
He impressed without pads, but that's not saying much. We won't know anything until training camp and preseason.

I think Bennett will start for us, and Robinson will be brought along slowly. We typically redshirt rookies.

bigbluedefense
We should all get together and make some kind of peace offering this year to appease the gods.

To be fair, the football gods have been good to us. We don't want them to think we're spoiled.

Giantsfan1080
Has Adrien Robinson made any noise for you guys yet, or hard to tell without pads? Is it kind of a foregone conclusion that he's going to be the starter next year or will that depend on how he develops/plays? He was certainly interesting to me coming out, and looks like a guy that if brought along slowly you could have something there.

No noise at all. He couldn't participate in OTA's because he was still going to school at Cincy. TE for 2013 is up in the air big time. We'll have to see if we turn Martellus into a functioning pass catcher this year.

Giantsfan1080
07-23-2012, 11:56 AM
To be fair, the football gods have been good to us. We don't want them to think we're spoiled.

This is very true but I would just to love to see what this team can do at full strength. If there are injuries at least let them be month long instead of season long.

bigbluedefense
07-23-2012, 11:57 AM
No noise at all. He couldn't participate in OTA's because he was still going to school at Cincy. TE for 2013 is up in the air big time. We'll have to see if we turn Martellus into a functioning pass catcher this year.

Didn't he play in a rookie mini camp or something? I remember hearing about how he made some impressive catches?

Giantsfan1080
07-23-2012, 11:59 AM
Didn't he play in a rookie mini camp or something? I remember hearing about how he made some impressive catches?

Yeah I believe he was in the initial 2 day mini camp for rookies and younger players. I should have said 10% noise.

bigbluedefense
07-23-2012, 12:16 PM
I'd like to see him give us the potential to run some 2 TE sets this year. I don't want us relying on the 3 WR set so much this year. We were completely reliant on it last year.

If our 3 WRs didn't do their job, we were ineffective on offense.

Giantsfan1080
07-23-2012, 12:24 PM
I'd like to see him give us the potential to run some 2 TE sets this year. I don't want us relying on the 3 WR set so much this year. We were completely reliant on it last year.

If our 3 WRs didn't do their job, we were ineffective on offense.

I want to see 2 RB sets. We never had both Jacobs and Bradshaw on the field at the same time. Bradshaw and Wilson will be able to create some good matchup problems if they are on the field together.

bigbluedefense
07-23-2012, 12:28 PM
I'm not a big fan of 2 RB sets. Unless 1 of the 2 RBs can be a FB/RB hybrid like the old school FBs.

Bc you can treat a 2 RB set the same as a 3 WR set, just put a nickel or big nickel package out there and be effective against it, and that set is limited in it's vertical ability in the passing game, and limited in it's run blocking in the run game.

It would use more redirection to create lanes, and I don't think our offense or coaching staff is creative enough to do something like that.

Giantsfan1080
07-23-2012, 12:30 PM
I'm not a big fan of 2 RB sets. Unless 1 of the 2 RBs can be a FB/RB hybrid like the old school FBs.

Bc you can treat a 2 RB set the same as a 3 WR set, just put a nickel or big nickel package out there and be effective against it, and that set is limited in it's vertical ability in the passing game, and limited in it's run blocking in the run game.

It would use more redirection to create lanes, and I don't think our offense or coaching staff is creative enough to do something like that.

Wilson in space is going to be a big mismatch. It's exactly why we drafted him. Leave Bradshaw in to help pass protect and set Wilson loose. We'll see. Just something new I'd like to see maybe 2 or 3 times a game.

bigbluedefense
07-23-2012, 12:39 PM
See I would want him in the backfield on his own then. Just have the TE chip and go, and have Wilson chip and go and we're set.

Or just trust your hot routes when the blitz is coming and let the blitzes come free.

Giantsfan1080
07-23-2012, 12:42 PM
We'll see how they utilize him. His pass protection in college was apparently non exsistent so it's going to take some time. I don't want to lose him for the first half of the year because he can't protect Eli.

bigbluedefense
07-23-2012, 12:44 PM
Speaking of which, I don't understand why it's so hard for RBs to learn how to pick up the blitz.

Wth is so complicated about it?

Giantsfan1080
07-23-2012, 01:02 PM
Speaking of which, I don't understand why it's so hard for RBs to learn how to pick up the blitz.

Wth is so complicated about it?

I'm not sure that's a good question. NYG might have a better answer for us on that. I do know we were really spoiled to have both Jacobs and Bradshaw who are 2 of the best in the game at it.

Jughead10
07-23-2012, 01:10 PM
I think a lot if it is that they have never done it before. They are probably always used to being the best athlete on their team, and having the ball in their hand. Up until and in some instances through college, they've probably gotten by on speed and athleticism alone.

bigbluedefense
07-24-2012, 07:16 AM
So word on the street is Jeremy Shockey might sign with the Eagles.

If he does, I will forever disown Jeremy Shockey. I already don't particularly like him, but I can still tolerate him. But if he becomes an Eagle...we're done.

DONE!

Giantsfan1080
07-24-2012, 07:30 AM
Ehh whatever he's washed up anyways.

bigbluedefense
07-24-2012, 07:45 AM
Yeah but still. It's Philly.

Philly.

Those dirty deer hunting, camaflouge wearing, dirty long beard never cleaning it having, smelly dirty city living pieces of dirt!

Giantsfan1080
07-24-2012, 07:59 AM
I agree with all of that but there is no loyalty in sports. Unfortunately we care way more than they do 99.5% of the time.

bigbluedefense
07-24-2012, 08:08 AM
I know. It still pains me that Bavaro wore an Eagles uniform.

Jughead10
07-24-2012, 08:15 AM
Jeremy Shockey is the type of idiot who would buy into Mike Vick's dynasty talk. I feel like you could sell that guy on anything.

BigBlueNorwegian
07-24-2012, 09:20 AM
Ugh, I hate Jeremy Shockey with a passion. But my first impression of him was him forcing a trade after the Super Bowl, so I'm probably more biased than you guys.

Btw, have they revealed the participants on the "Americas game" - show yet? I'm looking forward to seeing that soo much! I guess Cruz is definetly one of them, but who else?

Giantsfan1080
07-24-2012, 09:48 AM
I don't think that's been announced yet.

Forenci
07-24-2012, 09:53 AM
Shockey is a tool and forever will be a tool.

Giantsfan1080
07-25-2012, 07:31 AM
Camp tomorrow!!!!

Also, BBD can you pin the 2013 Draft Thread up?

bigbluedefense
07-25-2012, 09:51 AM
Will do.

Can't wait to read the reports. Let's pray for no injuries!

Giantsfan1080
07-25-2012, 09:57 AM
Thanks.

If there are injuries then hopefully one's that aren't season ending.

Giantsfan1080
07-25-2012, 11:15 AM
Pre Training Camp 53 Man Roster Prediction

QB (2) - Carr, Manning
RB (5) - Bradshaw, Hynoski, Scott, Ware, Wilson
WR (6) - Barden, Cruz, Hixon, Jernigan, Nicks, Randle
OL (8) - Baas, Beatty, Boothe, Brewer, Diehl, Locklear, Petrus, Snee
TE (3) - Bennett, Pascoe, Robinson
DT (4) - Austin, Canty, Joseph, Rogers
DE (4) - Pierre-Paul, Trattou, Tuck, Umenyiora
LB (7) - Blackburn, Boley, Herzlich, Kiwanuka, Paysinger, Rivers, Williams
CB (8) - Amukamara, Bing, Coe, Hosley, Molden, Thomas, Tryon, Webster
S (3) - Phillips, Rolle, Sash
K (1) - Tynes
P (1) - Weatherford
LS (1) - DeOssie

bigbluedefense
07-25-2012, 11:34 AM
TC starts today right? Is today the first practice?

Giantsfan1080
07-25-2012, 11:40 AM
TC starts today right? Is today the first practice?

Tomorrow. First practice Friday.

Don Vito
07-25-2012, 11:42 AM
Any word on Justin Trattou? I see you have him making the team and I really wanted the Pats to give him a look in the draft. Really strikes me as a Coughlin/Belichick type of player.

Giantsfan1080
07-25-2012, 11:48 AM
Any word on Justin Trattou? I see you have him making the team and I really wanted the Pats to give him a look in the draft. Really strikes me as a Coughlin/Belichick type of player.

I liked what I saw out of him last year. He only played in a couple of games but he had the motor running the whole time. I think he can replace what wOSI did for us.

bigbluedefense
07-25-2012, 12:08 PM
I actually like Adrian Tracy to emerge as our 4th DE. I think we're all sleeping on him a little. He can ball.

Giantsfan1080
07-25-2012, 12:11 PM
I actually like Adrian Tracy to emerge as our 4th DE. I think we're all sleeping on him a little. He can ball.

He's still being converted back to DE. Trattou already has more experience there and I don't see much of a difference. This one is certainly not set in stone though even though I went Trattou.

Any other thoughts on roster prediction?

bigbluedefense
07-25-2012, 12:42 PM
He's still being converted back to DE. Trattou already has more experience there and I don't see much of a difference. This one is certainly not set in stone though even though I went Trattou.

I think you pretty much nailed it. Which OT we drafted was Locklear again? Is he the guy we took in the 6th or 7th?

LTgiants
07-25-2012, 12:53 PM
I think you pretty much nailed it. Which OT we drafted was Locklear again? Is he the guy we took in the 6th or 7th?

Brandon Mosley is the tackle we drafted. Sean Locklear was a fa signing.

Rosebud
07-25-2012, 01:30 PM

I'm not sure we keep all of those corners, I think we'd drop a corner and pick up an OL, likely Mosley or McCants.

Giantsfan1080
07-25-2012, 01:58 PM
That's very possible. I had the toughest time narrowing those 2 groups down.

BaLLiN
07-25-2012, 06:11 PM
Yeah, I think Mosley makes it, I dont know about Molden

BigBlueNorwegian
07-25-2012, 07:35 PM
I'm starting to get pumped up for camp! Always love to read Garafolo's practice reports about Barden dominating and Eli throwing INTs in training camp. A sure sign that the season is just around the corner!

scottyboy
07-25-2012, 07:43 PM
so me and a former poster whose name I shall not say are tweeting about bad QB's. We went from Simms to: Dave Brown-Danny Kannel-Kent Graham-Kerry Collins.

Rest of world, this is why we love and appreciate eli so much

BaLLiN
07-26-2012, 02:01 AM
so me and a former poster whose name I shall not say are tweeting about bad QB's. We went from Simms to: Dave Brown-Danny Kannel-Kent Graham-Kerry Collins.

Rest of world, this is why we love and appreciate eli so much

GiantRutgersFan is that you?

Giantsfan1080
07-26-2012, 07:00 AM
Happy Training Camp Day everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Defending Super Bowl Champs in the house.

bigbluedefense
07-26-2012, 07:47 AM
Can't wait for the first PS game. That's where I make my judgements.

We all know what we're going to hear: Barden is going to tear it up, Eli is gonna throw INTs, the defense will look good, the rest will be whatever. I'm still gonna read every report religiously, but I can't wait for game action.

I wanna see what Randle can do.

Giantsfan1080
07-26-2012, 09:38 AM
Can't wait for the first PS game. That's where I make my judgements.

We all know what we're going to hear: Barden is going to tear it up, Eli is gonna throw INTs, the defense will look good, the rest will be whatever. I'm still gonna read every report religiously, but I can't wait for game action.

I wanna see what Randle can do.

Same here. I probably put to much emphasis on those games but it's really the only chance we get to see these youngers players.

Barden is going to tear it up and then he's going to continue to in the regular season finally! Also, please let us know that you are concerned about Eli since it leads to Super Bowl trophiezzzz.

bigbluedefense
07-26-2012, 09:52 AM
Haha! You guys are never gonna let me live that one down are ya? :)

Giantsfan1080
07-26-2012, 10:23 AM
Maybe I'll get you 1 more time with that and then I'm done. If Barden does nothing you can more than have the right to kill me for supporting him so much.

bigbluedefense
07-26-2012, 10:43 AM
I'm tellin ya. Rueban Randle. Join the bandwagon. I think he's gonna be really good.

He'll make you forget about Barden in no time.

Giantsfan1080
07-26-2012, 11:10 AM
I'm open to it. I'm still kind of mad at Randle for the whole Sanu thing also. Once the actual games start I'll have it all behind me though.

Forenci
07-26-2012, 11:52 AM
So first practice is tomorrow, right? I'm not that involved in the twitter-universe but I do read some of the practice reports. Still, keep us all updated, fellas!

Giantsfan1080
07-26-2012, 12:02 PM
So first practice is tomorrow, right? I'm not that involved in the twitter-universe but I do read some of the practice reports. Still, keep us all updated, fellas!

You know it. I basically just read MG's reports since they are by far the best. Any other info I usually get off BBI.

Has anyone bought a new Nike jersey? If so how are they?

bigbluedefense
07-26-2012, 12:12 PM
Yeah Garafolo has the best reports. I don't even waste my time with anyone else anymore. I'll occasionally read BBI too and see if they have a different perspective than MG, but MG is great at breaking down practice.

I don't read Vachianno's anymore. Not enough detail, and he tries to fill those empty spaces with jokes.

Giantsfan1080
07-26-2012, 12:28 PM
Yeah Ralph went down the gutter. Ohm from ESPN does a good job as well.

bigbluedefense
07-26-2012, 12:41 PM
I've been reading Ohm lately too. I'll probably check him out this year and see if he offers any different insight than MG.

I'm very interested to see how the OL battles play out. My early prediction is Beatty's back won't hold up, and we'll move Diehl back to LT and have Brewer compete with Locklear for the RT position.

I want Petrus to start, but it sounds like Boothe is firmly entrenched at LG.

Giantsfan1080
07-26-2012, 01:07 PM
If Petrus has improved his pass blocking then I really hope he gives Boothe a run for his money this preseason.

BigBlueNorwegian
07-26-2012, 03:09 PM
I try to follow Vacchiano and the others as much as I can when I have extra time available. But if I'm going in to read about the Giants, my first page is nj.com.

NY+Giants=NYG
07-26-2012, 04:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx5QKy9N-zk&feature=youtu.be

Eli's rookie year highlights. Interesting to see his throwing motion tweaked.

Rosebud
07-26-2012, 05:05 PM
I've been reading Ohm lately too. I'll probably check him out this year and see if he offers any different insight than MG.

I'm very interested to see how the OL battles play out. My early prediction is Beatty's back won't hold up, and we'll move Diehl back to LT and have Brewer compete with Locklear for the RT position.

I want Petrus to start, but it sounds like Boothe is firmly entrenched at LG.

Is that just your Beatty skepticism talking or have there been reports about his back being a problem?

EDIT: Don't mean this as dickishly as it comes off.

NY+Giants=NYG
07-26-2012, 06:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZkKImmSSGE&feature=youtu.be

2005 season

BigBlueNorwegian
07-26-2012, 06:40 PM
So Nicks, Canty, Beckum and Sintim starts on the PUP-list. A bit surprised about Canty, thought he said he would be ready? But he should just stay on the sidelines until he's completely ready. So we don't risk anything worse happening, and so the likes of Austin,Kuhn and other young guys can get reps.

Rosebud
07-26-2012, 06:54 PM
I'm rooting so damn hard for Kuhn to make it.

BigBlueNorwegian
07-26-2012, 07:00 PM
I'm rooting so damn hard for Kuhn to make it.

Me too! We need more Europeans on the team, and in the NFL in general! Maybe it would help generate more interest for the sport over here!

Giantsfan1080
07-26-2012, 08:53 PM
I have a hard time seeing Kuhn make it. Practice squad for this year I think.

Rosebud
07-26-2012, 08:59 PM
Me too! We need more Europeans on the team, and in the NFL in general! Maybe it would help generate more interest for the sport over here!

That's not happening. But he's a fellow german, so I'm going to root for him even though I know he'll probably never get off of the Practice Squad.

BigBlueNorwegian
07-26-2012, 09:02 PM
I have a hard time seeing Kuhn make it. Practice squad for this year I think.

Yeah, I think that's his ceiling this year as well. But damn, it would be nice to have an European superstar in the NFL. I'm hoping that Bjoern Werner(?) from FSU can become a good player. He looks and sounds like a talented guy.

Giantsfan1080
07-26-2012, 09:08 PM
Never heard of him but I'll keep an eye this year.

Giantsfan1080
07-27-2012, 11:20 AM
Hey Norwegian,

To answer your question from the other day Tuck, Cruz, and Eli will be doing America's Game for SB XLVI.

I've never seen the one for SB XLII but everyone says they're excellent.

bigbluedefense
07-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Hey Norwegian,

To answer your question from the other day Tuck, Cruz, and Eli will be doing America's Game for SB XLVI.

It was great. You should definitely check it out. It's worth it.

I'm surprised they're doing Eli again. Usually for multiple SB winners, they don't do the same person twice.

I thought Tuck was a lock to do it, but my guess for the other 2 guys was Rolle and Bradshaw.

Giantsfan1080
07-27-2012, 12:29 PM
I don't have NFL Network and they haven't released it on DVD. I might have to go to someone's house to watch them.

Also, it just happens practice has begun right now.

BigBlueNorwegian
07-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Hey Norwegian,

Thanks! That's a good trio! Would have liked to see Rolle, but whatever. Can't wait for it to air!

Rosebud
07-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Yeah, I think that's his ceiling this year as well. But damn, it would be nice to have an European superstar in the NFL. I'm hoping that Bjoern Werner(?) from FSU can become a good player. He looks and sounds like a talented guy.

He's from Berlin to! Now I just need to find out he's from the same part of east Berlin as me and I'll have a favorite prospect for 2013.

Giantsfan1080
07-27-2012, 01:16 PM
And our first injury of the 2012 season goes to............Terrell Thomas. Hopefully not a big deal but it's a back issue.

BigBlueNorwegian
07-28-2012, 06:11 AM
He's from Berlin to! Now I just need to find out he's from the same part of east Berlin as me and I'll have a favorite prospect for 2013.

And he's a defensive end too! He's got Giants written all over him!

bigbluedefense
07-29-2012, 10:46 AM
Trattou in a walking boot.

Also, Reese said Bennett was brought in to be a blocking te to help the run game. I figured as much. He said any catches he brings to the table is an added bonus. That was how I looked at that signing as well. Hopefully it works out. I'm still skeptical.

Herzlich is supposedly looking very good out there. Cross your fingers on that one. If this defense can stay healthy and if Herz can become college Herz again, we'll have no weakness on paper. Which is I scary thought.

Forenci
07-29-2012, 11:49 AM
Herz sounds pretty good. Also, sounds like Jernigan has been blowing by people in practice.

...just sayin'.