PDA

View Full Version : New York Giants Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

scottyboy
08-10-2012, 08:54 PM
i don't think so. it was a pretty perfectly placed ball by eli. I think any further and JJ wouldn't have reached it. I'll have to watch it again, but it was there man. Something he could've caught I feel. and I'm a HUGE JJ fan

scottyboy
08-10-2012, 09:04 PM
i'm really liking this hendricks kid.

also, I want JJ as our returner on punts at least. he just looks so much more comfortable back there

BaLLiN
08-10-2012, 09:04 PM
i don't think so. it was a pretty perfectly placed ball by eli. I think any further and JJ wouldn't have reached it. I'll have to watch it again, but it was there man. Something he could've caught I feel. and I'm a HUGE JJ fan

well if he was turned toward the ball, he couldve gotten it and faced the post if the ball was longer and ran under it. Also if you look at Jernigan's arm you'll see that he had one of his arms being held by the defender.

scottyboy
08-10-2012, 09:08 PM
well if he was turned toward the ball, he couldve gotten it and faced the post if the ball was longer and ran under it. Also if you look at Jernigan's arm you'll see that he had one of his arms being held by the defender.

yeah he got arm barred pretty hard. think the dude hit his facemask as well

BaLLiN
08-10-2012, 09:10 PM
yeah he got arm barred pretty hard. think the dude hit his facemask as well

i didn't see that part, but yeah JJ probably can't work on the outside, but returner and slot could be helpful and allow us to move around Cruz to get good matchups.

scottyboy
08-10-2012, 09:17 PM
Kuhn and Hughes looking good on D those few plays. Man, we've got some depth and talented young guys.

And Broha? yeah, he's not making the team, but that was a sweet move to get the sack

scottyboy
08-10-2012, 09:18 PM
ok, i am not complementing any player who's returning punts again

BaLLiN
08-10-2012, 10:08 PM
our 2nd/3rd string OL was absolutely terrible, Perriloux was hung out to dry and Wilson had so many negative plays because of how god awful they were

BamaFalcon59
08-11-2012, 12:15 AM
How did Hosley and Wilson look? Saw stats.

bigbluedefense
08-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Going over the tape right now. Let's break down the first Giants offensive drive:

-First 2 runs had solid blocking. Everyone sealed their man. On the first run Bennett missed his block but it was a difficult angle and you expect the RB to outrun that LB from that angle. The second run everything was sealed, and there was a nice cut back lane for Bradshaw. Both runs you saw good blocking, and Bradshaw hit the right holes. Gains of 3 and 4 yards. A faster RB would get more YPC, but Bradshaw isn't the same player anymore. David Wilson probably gets 5 to 6 on the first run, and could have had a big gain on the second. Just for perspective.

-First pass play: Good pocket. Everyone picks up their man. Eli had Barden open for a touchdown if he hits that backshoulder. Barden easily beats his man on the press and has a step and a half streaking down field. Raises his arm to show he's wide open for a touchdown bc the safety was cheating inside. But Eli hits Bennett on a square in for the first down. Good route by Bennett. On this play Cruz is slot and is doubled with an inside/outside zone which freed up our outside guys, and also left a lane open for Bennett on the square in. Expect to see a lot of this in the upcoming season.

-Second pass play: Another clean pocket. Basic Cover 3 zone and Eli hits Barden easily btw the CB and Safety on a skinny. Barden had a great release and caught the ball clean. Perfect route. That's 2 very good plays in a row for Barden. His man can't cover him. Eli makes the right read here. There may have been some miscommunication in the middle of the field, both Cruz and Bennett run ins on the middle, almost like a double quick slant btw the 3 LBs. Eli could have went to either but it would be a very tight window and Barden was the right read. He was more open. Jernigan looks like he would have been the 4th progression there based on the defense.

-Next play is a run. Gets blown up. Diehl needed a double on his man, which Bennett does a good job of helping with but that frees up the SAM. Baas does a good job of getting to the second level and sealing 1 LB, but Snee falls on the floor which allows a DT to blow up 1 gap, which forces Bradshaw inside into 2 LBs. Looked like 75 didn't finish his block either which forced the FB to help on that end which freed up the WILL. So 2 LBs filled the hole, no gain. Bad blocks by Snee, 75, and Diehl.

-Next play is a run: Baas is a little late on his block, which forces Bradshaw to bounce to his right. Booth a little slow on his pull but still gets there. Pascoe with a horrible seal on the edge where Bradshaw wants to go, and Cruz doesn't seal his block so Bradshaw doesn't gain anything. The 2 big culprits here are Pascoe on a terrible seal block and Cruz not blocking his man.

-Next play: Pass. The Jaguars disguise it well. They show 2 deep man before the snap, could be Tampa, could be Cover 2 man, but at the snap it's press man Robber, with the SS coming up to play Robber and the FS playing the single high.

Here, Eli wants to hit Barden on a square in, the problem was he didn't see the Robber safety which should have been an INT. So incomplete. On this play Bennett gets press coverage and beats his man and was open for a touchdown. Bc the SS cheated up on Robber coverage, when Bennett beats his man he's alone for a TD. Wrong read by Eli. Barden beat his man, but the Robber Safety picked him up.

Clean pocket again. OL did a fantastic job in pass pro all drive long. Run blocking was a work in progress. I feel that Wilson would be more effective in those runs bc of his speed, Bradshaw is a shell of his former self, but we can't trust Wilson in pass pro just yet.

I didn't give you the formations and down and distance bc that's gonna take too long. I'll try to break down every drive one post at a time but I probably won't follow through with it bc it's time consuming.

I'd say that in this drive, the OL in pass pro, Barden and Bennett were very impressive. Eli is Eli. No worries there. Run blocking still needs some work.

bigbluedefense
08-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Some quick hits on the Giants first defensive drive bc I'm getting lazy:

-First play was Tampa 2. Chase doesn't react quick enough and gets beat down the field in his deep drop and Rolle also doesn't react quick enough. Bad throw by Gabbert, should have been a 20 yard gain by the TE down the seam on Tampa coverage. Here we go...

-Prince starts off with a good press man coverage on his guy on the first pass play. Webster gets beat in man.

-The big run was JPP's fault. He didn't set the edge. Web gets blocked up too. Easy gain. Pay attention to something. Notice how much faster and smooter their RB is? In fact, pay attention to how other RBs look in comparison to Bradshaw. It makes you realize that Bradshaw is a shell of his former self, a washed up RB. He's tough. But he's slow, and he can't cut with speed anymore. We need fresh blood at RB, and I guess Wilson is a good start.

-Next pass play is press man coverage. Excellent coverage with everyone. Prince looked good. Got a great jam on his man. Ball batted down .

-Next play is soft zone coverage. Easy completion. Had a couple of ppl open. Notice a trend so far?....

-So far other than the 1 big run, we filled in holes very well in the run game.

-Another press man defense. Another incompletion. Again, NOTICE A TREND?

-Interesting formation on the big pass play Prince gives up. We have Osi at LE, JPP in the B gap at UT, Tuck in front of the C in the A gap, and Tracy at LE in the C gap. The RG is uncovered. Single high look, with Kenny single high, Rolle playing Nickel CB and Sash coming up. Sash blitzes but a lack luster effort. Rivers does a stunt blitz. Man coverage behind it. Prince gets confused by the bunch on his side, he's in man coverage but he's trying to read the qb as if he's in zone, which opens up his man. Mental mistake.

-Decent vs the run in back to back plays. First run was bad defense, they didn't defend the strong side. The second run was good run defense.

-Touchdown on Prince. It's press man coverage. But he's again trying to read the qb instead of press and chase his man like he's supposed to. That split second allows for the fade to be wide open. Another mental mistake.

So to summarize, our defense looked a step slow on this drive. They didn't play with great intensity, didn't play very fast on the dline. Looked much better in press man than zone. Looked pretty mediocre in zone. Looked very good in man.

Prince made 2 errors in man coverage. Both mental mistakes. At first when I saw it last night I was furious, but after watching it again I see that its very correctable. When he was confident in his assignment in man and just did what he was supposed to do, he looked great. When he got greedy and started cheating he got beat.

Lesson learned for the redshirt rookie.

We saw majority press man coverage on passing plays. 2 zone defenses, both times we looked very porous. This team is just much much better in press man coverage.

To Fewell's credit, we ran more man coverage this drive. The 2 big pass plays came on mental errors by Prince. I hope that doesn't scare Fewell away from man coverage. Stick with man coverage Fewell. It's what we do best.

bigbluedefense
08-11-2012, 11:57 AM
I'll keep the next drive simple.

Cruz is a stud after the catch. So dangerous with the ball in his hands. Barden and Bennett look very good guys. Bennett looks very fast and huge. Great run blocker and he's doing a great job getting open in the pass game. Barden looks good too. Good speed and great releases and he's running the right routes.

Cruz had an open slant but doesn't catch it. If it was the regular season, he would have took the hit. But he quit on the route bc it's PS and he's not trying to get blown up in the PS.

Next play, Jernigan open for a TD but no PI called. Eli looked great, he also had Cruz open for a TD there. Bennett stays in to block. Did a great job blocking. Jernigan had a great release and should have had the TD.

Our pass game looks very good guys. I know its PS vs basic defenses so it's hard to evaluate, but we have explosive talent. And Bennett looks very good.

Pass pro was very good. Locklear looked good.

bigbluedefense
08-11-2012, 12:08 PM
I'll do a quick hits summary for the rest of the game. Too lazy to do this for the whole game.

bigbluedefense
08-11-2012, 12:30 PM
Guys, we're ridiculously deep. I'll break it down soon enough but wow. Lots of guys really impressed me last night.

bigbluedefense
08-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Quick Hits

-Bradshaw is our slowest RB. It's the hard truth. He's just not what he used to be. I'm not saying he's a bad RB, but the truth is he's a mediocre one. No explosion, average cutting ability, average speed, above average power. But he's not a starting caliber RB anymore.

-Bennett looked amazing. Incredible run and pass blocking, and he was literally open on every pass route he ran. Should have had 2 TDs at least if Eli hits him down the field. Very impressed.

-Barden was impressive. Was open a lot too. Looked explosive. All hope is not lost there.

-Prince is a work in progress. He flashes in man coverage, but he's still making mental mistakes.

-Hosely looks amazing. This guy is good. In STs and in coverage. The fumble was a fumble, but give him time. He's gonna be a good one.

-Jernigan...he flashed. I'll give him that. He can't be a kick/punt returner though. Just not reliable. He needs to work on his slot abilities too.

-Baas looks improved. More Shaun O'Hara and less suck.

-Locklear was impressive. Hopefully he keeps it up.

-Mosely and Petrus were up and down. Petrus is really struggling in pass pro. If he doesn't improve, he'll never reach his potential.

-Herzlich looks GOOD. Great speed, great hips, he can cover, he's great downhill. He'll be our starting MIKE, and I'm excited about it.

-Hendricks and Tracy looked good. Nice games by both of them. I was always a Tracy fan, I'm glad to see him do well.

-Austin was up and down. Not impressed. He flashed. But we need more than an occasional flash from him.

-Will Hill looked good. Again, I can't stress enough how deep we are. It's really refreshing.

-Wilson looks great. But he's still not there in pass pro. All of our RBs actually looked pretty good. We have a nice solid RBC going. I'm hoping Wilson can become our starter midway through the season bc he's our best RB once he puts it all together.

-Carr is just comfortable in our system. I feel comfortable with him.

-The take home message I got from this game is depth. We have impressive depth. Some nice young pieces that will step in and be very good replacements when we lose guys to age/FA.

I think the biggest standouts were Bennett, Barden, Hosely, Wilson, Tracy, and Herzlich.

This team has potential. If they put it all together, they certainly can be a SB contender with the quality in the starting lineup, and the quality depth we have. Hopefully they stay healthy and stay mentally focused. We'll see what happens.

scottyboy
08-11-2012, 01:24 PM
you can't expect much from Austin BBD. He hasn't played football in 2 years! I expect him to be a good player, but not just yet. That's a lot of rust to knock off

OSUGiants17
08-11-2012, 01:26 PM
I think Andre Brown could end up taking our 4th RB spot. He looked good and ran hard. I like him, maybe more than Scott.

bigbluedefense
08-11-2012, 01:30 PM
I forgot to look at James Brewer, anyone check him out?

I understand Austin is gonna have to shake off some rust. I just hope he shakes it off and can give us something halfway through the season.

I'd say our CB depth isn't as great as we thought. Will Hill > Sash in my eyes as well.

We're gonna have to make a tough cut at LB. Right now it's probably Paysinger.

Giantsfan1080
08-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Barden and Baas!!! I told you not all hope is lost. I'll try and do in depth breakdown by Monday or Tuesday when I re-watch.

LTgiants
08-11-2012, 04:35 PM
The only thing I remember seeing Brewer do was get worked by some dude on a swim move and giving up a sack.

scottyboy
08-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Baas looked good, I've got high hopes for our Oline. Hopefully Beatty comes back and doesn't suck.

and by high hopes, I mean not dead last in rushing

BaLLiN
08-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Whoever was playing OL at the end of the game with Perriloux at QB should be on the hotseat. Tryon wasn't as good as I expected. I didn't get to see much of Randle because the OL blew, we have alot of good young WR's i feel.

Right now I'd say cuts or PS players should be:

QB: Perriloux (PS)
RB: Brown (i know some of you guys liked what you saw, but he should've had an easy TD on that toss in the greenzone)
FB: Martinek (likely PS because of versatility)
WR: DePalma (PS?), Collins, Douglas, Talley (any of these guys would be easily welcomed to the PS but I don't think we can keep them)
TE:Purvis, Donnell, Hopkins (probably 1 of them on the PS)
OL: I didn't get a chance to look because i was too busy throwing up out of disgust

DE:I really can't hate on any of these guys, I was happy with every one but felt Marshall played a little slow on the PA by Palmer where he shouldve had a sack
DT: Didn't notice Parker, but liked all of the others, DL is gunna be hard to cut
LB:Paysinger and Muasa would probably be my cuts, Paysinger was alright last night, average.
CB:Bruce Johnson didn't look too good but I liked what he used to be, we'll see this is an ongoing analysis.
S: Will Hill needs to be on this team, what a great play on the submarine tackle through an OL. Stevie Brown and Jojo Nicholas were garbage and it was noticeable

BaLLiN
08-11-2012, 08:08 PM
http://www.juanelway.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Martellus-Bennett-Is-A-Black-Unicorn.jpg

OSUGiants17
08-11-2012, 11:18 PM
DePalma should be our new Devin Thomas. My prediction for the 53:

QB- Eli and Carr(2)
RB- Bradshaw, Wilson, Ware, Scott or Brown(4)
FB- Hyno(1)
WR- Nicks, Cruz, R2, Hixon, Barden, JJ, DePalma(7)
TE- Bennett, Pascoe, Robinson(3*) Beckum PUP
OT- Diehl, Locklear, Beatty, Mosley, Brewer(5)
OG- Snee, Boothe, Petrus(3)
C- Baas(1)

DL- JPP, Tuck, Osi, Tracy, Canty, Joseph, Austin, Rodgers, Bernard or Kuhn or Marshall(9)
LB- Rivers, Blackburn, Kiwi, Boley, Williams, Herz(6)
DB- KP, Rolle, Sash, Hill, Webster, Prince, Hosley, Tryon or Coe or Bing(9)

K- Tynes
P- Weatherford
LS- DeOse
ST(3)

LTgiants
08-11-2012, 11:51 PM
Since I am bored I am going to steal OSU's idea and make my own 53 man roster prediction

QB: Eli, Carr (2)
RB: Bradshaw, Wilson, Ware, Scott (4)
FB: Hynoski (1)
WR: Nicks, Cruz, Randle, Barden. Jernigan, Hixon (6)
TE: Bennett, Pascoe, Robinson, Beckum (4)

LT: Beatty, Brewer (2)
LG: Boothe, Mosley (2)
C: Baas (1)
RG: Snee, Petrus (2)
RT: Diehl, Locklear (2)

DE: Tuck, JPP, Osi, Trattou, Tracy (5)
DT: Joseph, Canty, Rogers, Bernard, Austin (5)

LB: Kiwi, Boley, Rivers, Williams, Blackburn, Herz, (6)

CB: Webster, Prince, Thomas, Hosley, (4)

S: Rolle, Phillips, Hill, Sash (4)

ST: (3)

K: Tynes
P: Weatherford
LS: Deossie

Our OL depth is awful seriously awful. Which is why I rather not even waste a roster spot on guys like McCants, White, Capers and Cordle. Let Boothe be our backup Center if Baas gets hurt.

I wanted to find a way to have guys Like Kuhn and Dewayne Hendricks make it but I just couldn't. Our team is stacked with DL talent.

I don't see any of the young guys like Collins, DePalma, Or Douglas making it.

I had to let the Rutgers duo of Martinek and Bing go sorry Scotty and GF1080.

A lot of good players are going to get cut sadly. Andre Brown, Paysinger, Bruce Johnson, Coe, Tryon, Molden. I wanted to fit one more corner but no idea who to cut so I could fit one in.

OSUGiants17
08-11-2012, 11:55 PM
Knew I was forgetting a OT. Brewer over McCants on my list

LTgiants
08-11-2012, 11:56 PM
Knew I was forgetting a OT. Brewer over McCants on my list

You also forgot Michael Boley I see.

Big_Pete
08-12-2012, 04:53 AM
Here i my current roster predictions

Offense -25

QB (2): Manning, Carr

RB (4): Bradshaw, Wilson, Ware, Scott

FB (1): Hynoski

WR (6): Nicks, Cruz, Barden, Randle, Jernigan, Hixon

TE (3): Bennett, Pascoe, Robinson

OT (4): Beatty, Diehl, Brewer, Locklear

OG (4): Snee, Boothe, Petrus, Mosley

C (1): Baas

Defense - 25

DE (4): Tuck, Pierre-Paul, Umenyiora, Tracy

DT (4): Joseph, Rogers, Bernard, Austin

LB (7): Kiwanuka, Boley, Herzlich, Rivers, Williams, Jones, Paysinger

CB (6): Webster, Prince, Thomas, Coe, Hosley, Tryon

S (4): Rolle, Phillips, Hill, Sash

Special Teams - 3

K (1): Tynes

P (1): Weatherford

LS (1)): DeOssie

PUP (3) - Canty, Beckum, Sintim

BigBlueNorwegian
08-12-2012, 08:38 AM
Thanks to all the guys who wrote extensive summaries on here! It really helped me, seeing as there's no way to watch the game anymore for me, and I missed it!

Sounds like some of our younger guys played well, I'm so happy to hear that! Our O-line sounds like a position of concern though, and that's not good...

Can't wait to watch the next game for myself, and make up my own opinions as well!

Jughead10
08-12-2012, 11:14 AM
DT (4): Joseph, Rogers, Bernard, Austin

LB (7): Kiwanuka, Boley, Herzlich, Rivers, Williams, Jones, Paysinger

Personally I think we sacrifice a LB or DT to save someone else somewhere. Maybe a WR. No need for 4 DTs in my mind. Especially since we'll play 3 or 4 DEs a probably half our defensive snaps. And Kiwi will be on the line in some situations as well.

Also isn't there a new designated IR player? One player that you can put on IR and take him off. I think we do that with Thomas to open a spot for the first 6 weeks or so.

Edit: Actually it's not approved yet, but could be any day now.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4726846/nfl-still-waiting-on-new-ir-rule

Giantsfan1080
08-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Only 3 DT's? That sounds like a terrible idea Jug even though Canty is PUP'd.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-12-2012, 11:44 AM
That's four DTs and when we go NASCAR we move JPP and Tuck inside. So that's like adding two more DTs in. Still that depth worries me. Rocky B and Rogers are old, and Austin is still an unknown. Canty is on PUP and will come back from an injury, leaving Joseph as the proven main guy. I am not sure I like that at all. It all depends on where that roster spot goes to. WR? CB? RB? What do we do with that roster spot?

scottyboy
08-12-2012, 11:48 AM
i think that spot should go to a CB, i'm a big fan of CB depth

OSUGiants17
08-12-2012, 12:07 PM
You also forgot Michael Boley I see.

Updated mine by cutting Jones and McCants for Brewer and Boley

bigbluedefense
08-12-2012, 12:13 PM
All I know is, we have some hard cuts to make. I can see Doughlas, Paysinger, DePalma, and 1 of our RBs (probably Brown) not making the team.

McCants probably is PS. Beckum probably saw his last day as a Giant, he'll go on PUP but I don't know if we keep him after he comes off the pup.

I want Kuhn to stick, which would mean either Bernard or Rogers has to go.

It's tough. We'll have some tough cuts. I can see us letting go of 3 to 4 quality players that belong on a 53 man roster.

Giantsfan1080
08-12-2012, 01:38 PM
By all accounts Kuhn is still raw as a player. I bet he gets kicked to the PS for the year.

bigbluedefense
08-12-2012, 03:11 PM
I think it will depend on how much he develops over the next 3 weeks. If he plays well enough that we don't want to risk losing him on the PS, then he might stick on the 53.

Either way, we have some tough cuts to make.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-12-2012, 03:23 PM
So we keep 4 RBs then, which would be. Bradshaw, Ware, Wilson and Scott? Is that right?

bigbluedefense
08-12-2012, 03:24 PM
I think we only keep 3. I'm guessing Scott is gone.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-12-2012, 03:29 PM
I think we only keep 3. I'm guessing Scott is gone.

SO you're going to keep 2 injury prone RBs and rookie to an already bad running game? LOL.

One keys ankles are not kosher, and the other veteran is Mr. concussion! Factor in a rookie and we may need 1 more person though.

I can see Barden or even JJ get cut if they can't get their game up. Not sure I want JJ handling punts. Plus Hixon has to prove he can stay healthy. Not playing due to injury isn't going to save a spot for you no matter how solid he is at special teams.

bigbluedefense
08-12-2012, 03:37 PM
SO you're going to keep 2 injury prone RBs and rookie to an already bad running game? LOL.

One keys ankles are not kosher, and the other veteran is Mr. concussion! Factor in a rookie and we may need 1 more person though.

I can see Barden or even JJ get cut if they can't get their game up. Not sure I want JJ handling punts. Plus Hixon has to prove he can stay healthy. Not playing due to injury isn't going to save a spot for you no matter how solid he is at special teams.

Yes. We've done it before. We had Jacobs, Bradshaw and Ware.

This time we'll have Bradshaw, Ware and Wilson. What's the point of keeping Scott? I rather keep an extra DB or DL. Or even LB.

Unless Scott tears up the PS, we should let him go to the PS. I won't cry over losing Scott if we do. RBs are a dime a dozen.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-12-2012, 03:48 PM
Yes. We've done it before. We had Jacobs, Bradshaw and Ware.

This time we'll have Bradshaw, Ware and Wilson. What's the point of keeping Scott? I rather keep an extra DB or DL. Or even LB.

Unless Scott tears up the PS, we should let him go to the PS. I won't cry over losing Scott if we do. RBs are a dime a dozen.

And all 3 have gotten hurt throughout the season. I like the potential Scott has or would like to develop it. But truthfully, would rather keep an extra WR. I would really like to investigate and develop Douglas over Scott if it came down to it. JJ and Barden would need to step it up.

I do want to keep an extra RB just in case. It worries me that we have 2 injury prone guys and a rookie back there.

bigbluedefense
08-12-2012, 03:52 PM
And all 3 have gotten hurt throughout the season. I like the potential Scott has or would like to develop it. But truthfully, would rather keep an extra WR. I would really like to investigate and develop Douglas over Scott if it came down to it. JJ and Barden would need to step it up.

I do want to keep an extra RB just in case. It worries me that we have 2 injury prone guys and a rookie back there.

That's the problem. We're a passing team now, and rightfully so. I rather keep the extra WR, or even an extra DT or LB.

We shouldn't keep too many RBs when we won't run as much as we used to. 3 is enough.

If one goes down, you still have 2 in the stable. If 2 goes down, just throw more. RBs aren't that valuable.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-12-2012, 04:01 PM
That's the problem. We're a passing team now, and rightfully so. I rather keep the extra WR, or even an extra DT or LB.

We shouldn't keep too many RBs when we won't run as much as we used to. 3 is enough.

If one goes down, you still have 2 in the stable. If 2 goes down, just throw more. RBs aren't that valuable.

Fine by me, but then I hate that balance BS we preach, and we try to run when we stink at it. I am waiting for us to do what the Brees and Stafford did and throw 650 plus times. Last year, I felt like we ran just for the sake of balance or running the ball. If it's not there we shouldn't be afraid to let it fly and keep doing that.

Forenci
08-12-2012, 04:06 PM
How do you rate Gilbride's running/blocking concepts, NYG? Is that a factor in our lack of productivity in the run game, in addition to the poor blocking we had in general caused by the players?

I'm curious. I've never really heard too much talk about our running play concepts.

Giantsfan1080
08-12-2012, 04:08 PM
Coughlin will never give up the run to sell out on the pass.

bigbluedefense
08-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Fine by me, but then I hate that balance BS we preach, and we try to run when we stink at it. I am waiting for us to do what the Brees and Stafford did and throw 650 plus times. Last year, I felt like we ran just for the sake of balance or running the ball. If it's not there we shouldn't be afraid to let it fly and keep doing that.

In a perfect world, I'd love balance. I'd love to be a running team again. Bc when you can run the ball it shortens the game, and you have less risk of hurting Eli. The less drop backs, the less chance of injury to our franchise qb right?

But realistically, we're just not a good running team. Our OL is a pass blocking OL now, and our RB stable is mediocre. It's just not there anymore. So a 60/40 ratio towards the pass is probably the better route. If we suck at running like last year, then it should be 70/30.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-12-2012, 04:15 PM
How do you rate Gilbride's running/blocking concepts, NYG? Is that a factor in our lack of productivity in the run game, in addition to the poor blocking we had in general caused by the players?

I'm curious. I've never really heard too much talk about our running play concepts.

No, his concepts are fine. On scale of creativity, I'd say average. I have seen beautifully designed running plays from other teams. But ours is good, I can't complain about that. Our OL talent is what helped us, so we would run the same concepts and do it well.

We have ran, or run:

ISO
LEAD
TOSS
Zone
POWER
Center
POWER G with a counter step
I think I have maybe seen trap or end trap as well.
DRAW

So we do have a variety of concepts we run. Due to the OL getting older and injuries, it really hurts the effectiveness of the concepts we are used to running with success.

I used to really map the running concepts in my game breakdowns. I had a passing section and running plays mapped out. I haven't done a game break down for a bunch of years now, but I haven't seen any new concepts really quickly. This year I will take a closer look, but it appears the same. Nothing fancy or off the wall.

Giantsfan1080
08-12-2012, 04:16 PM
We're not going to run 70/30. At worst it will probably be 65/35 which is fine if the run game doesn't develop back into at least average.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-12-2012, 04:17 PM
Coughlin will never give up the run to sell out on the pass.

Well that theory, as a stand alone theory, I understand, but like last year when your running game is getting 0 or negative yards, then you have to do what you gotta do. Look at the Lions, they had running issues, they put the game on Stafford's arm. 650 plus passing attempts.

I am saying is if the running game works and is effective, cool, ride it out. If not, don't run just for the sake of it, even when it's ineffective. That I can't stand! If that's the case, just punt the damn ball back to them, right then and there.

Giantsfan1080
08-12-2012, 04:23 PM
I think it's just the threat of the running game even if you're not successful with it.

bigbluedefense
08-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Run blocking concepts are overrated. It doesn't need to be fancy. Repetition and execution is what's important. As long as they can perfect the concepts they run, that's all that matters. More concepts will just confuse our OL and they won't master any of them.

Look at Lombardi's Packers. They just ran the sweep all day. But they perfected it.

Run blocking is all about putting a hat on a hat. How you do that doesn't really matter. The blocking concepts should reflect the athleticism of your OL. If you have a big OL you should run more power concepts, if you have a light OL you should run more ZBS, if you have athletic Gs you can pull more etc.

But it doesn't really matter. Whatever you run, just practice it to death and try to perfect the assigments. Run blocking is all about repetition.

bigbluedefense
08-12-2012, 04:27 PM
We're not going to run 70/30. At worst it will probably be 65/35 which is fine if the run game doesn't develop back into at least average.

I know we won't. We're going to be balanced no matter what. Again, I'd love for us to be a running team again and I understand why he wants to establish the run.

But I don't think we have the talent to do it the way he wants to do it. I think at best we'll be a middle of the pack run team. Which is fine, considering we should have a great passing attack.

But I do miss the days like 08 when we just ran it down everyone's throat.

Big_Pete
08-12-2012, 05:46 PM
espn NY is reporting that we have waived S Janzen Jackson.

It is still well before we need to start making cuts, so are we bringing in another body? If we do the obvious place seems to be the Oline.

Big_Pete
08-12-2012, 10:33 PM
I am hoping we take a look at former packers OT Chad Clifton

BaLLiN
08-12-2012, 10:52 PM
QB:Manning, Carr
RB:Bradshaw, Wilson, Ware, Scott
FB:Hynoski
WR:Nicks, Cruz, Hixon, Randle, Barden, Jernigan
TE:Bennett, Pascoe, Robinson
T:Diehl, Beatty, Locklear, Brewer
G:Snee, Boothe, Petrus, Mosley
C:Baas

DE:Tuck, JPP, Osi, Tracy
DT:Canty, Joseph, Rogers, Austin, Hendricks/Bernard
LB:Boley, Kiwi, Rivers, JWill, Herzlich, Blackburn, Jones
CB:Webster, Prince, Hosley, Coe, Tryon
S: Phillips, Rolle, Hill, Sash

K:Tynes
P:Weatherford
LS:DeOssie

PUP: Beckum, Sintim? (if not he's cut)

IR:Thomas

Giantsfan1080
08-12-2012, 10:59 PM
It sounds like Coughlin really loves Hendricks. I almost want to put him in lock territory.

BaLLiN
08-12-2012, 11:23 PM
It sounds like Coughlin really loves Hendricks. I almost want to put him in lock territory.

well i am not surprised, i haven't read/listened to Coughlins comments, but I liked what I saw from his 2nd team and some 3rd team snaps. I don't know what we do at DT, but Bernard is probably the guy id cut.

Giantsfan1080
08-12-2012, 11:46 PM
well i am not surprised, i haven't read/listened to Coughlins comments, but I liked what I saw from his 2nd team and some 3rd team snaps. I don't know what we do at DT, but Bernard is probably the guy id cut.

I had high hopes for Rogers on this team because he didn't have to be the man anymore but he was non existent Friday and now he's hurt. He might be the cut. I'll try and find the Hendricks quote from Coughlin but I've never heard Coach say such good things about a younger player like this.

Giantsfan1080
08-12-2012, 11:49 PM
Here it is from earlier today:

DT Dwayne Hendricks: "Anybody that goes against Dwayne Hendricks, he’s going full speed every play ok? So if you’re foolish enough to think he’s not gonna make you look bad you’re ridiculous. So he goes out and plays the game just like he practices. He did very well for himself.'' Hendricks had 2 sacks vs. Jaguars. #nyg

scottyboy
08-13-2012, 07:03 AM
wow, TC never rants and raves about a young kid like that, but it was obvious how well he played. he stood out big time and was EVERYWHERE. kid could be really good

Giantsfan1080
08-13-2012, 08:31 AM
wow, TC never rants and raves about a young kid like that, but it was obvious how well he played. he stood out big time and was EVERYWHERE. kid could be really good

Yeah I was really surprised that TC said that. Maybe he's getting softer as he ages. Anyway hopefully the rich get richer.

bigbluedefense
08-13-2012, 10:51 AM
Yeah he did have a great day. I had no idea Coughlin was that high on him though.

I wanted to hold of on talking about him until he put 2 games together. But so far so good.

Giantsfan1080
08-13-2012, 03:27 PM
Hakeem Nicks has passed his physical and will come of the PUP list. He'll be limited though for the first few days.

Giantsfan1080
08-14-2012, 09:28 AM
- Shaun Rogers has a blood clot in his leg
- Marvin Austin now has an injured back
- Justin Trattou will be out several more weeks

Looks like the 2 of the final spots might go to Tracy and Hendricks with this news.

Giantsfan1080
08-14-2012, 11:07 AM
Sounds like the players believe this is a bed issue. Huge men sleeping in twin beds.

BaLLiN
08-14-2012, 01:05 PM
Sounds like the players believe this is a bed issue. Huge men sleeping in twin beds.

i can relate to this, never had back issues until going to college and sleeping on a twin spring bed with a few springs in the middle broken i thought.

Giantsfan1080
08-14-2012, 01:25 PM
I don't know. I've never heard of any complaints before.

LTgiants
08-14-2012, 02:59 PM
Shaun Rogers is out for the season so that is sad. However now I have a spot for Dewayne Hendricks on my 53 man roster yay lol.

Giantsfan1080
08-14-2012, 03:00 PM
Let's hope the Austin news isn't as bad.

Jughead10
08-14-2012, 03:24 PM
Shaun Rogers is out for the season so that is sad. However now I have a spot for Dewayne Hendricks on my 53 man roster yay lol.

I personally never thought he was going to make this team anyway.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-14-2012, 04:28 PM
They should move TC to our facility like we did last season after the lockout. Players can sleep at home or a hotel AND when it rains you go inside and still save your padded practice rather than potentially losing it due to rain and wet fields.

I think going to Albany should be changed and they should use our own facilities for TC.

bigbluedefense
08-14-2012, 04:35 PM
The only important one is Austin. The rest were meh anyway.

Jughead10
08-14-2012, 04:45 PM
They should move TC to our facility like we did last season after the lockout. Players can sleep at home or a hotel AND when it rains you go inside and still save your padded practice rather than potentially losing it due to rain and wet fields.

I think going to Albany should be changed and they should use our own facilities for TC.

That would be unpopular with the fans who enjoy going to training camp every year. Also the coaches like the team building aspect of having everyone be together for 4 weeks.

BaLLiN
08-14-2012, 06:04 PM
That would be unpopular with the fans who enjoy going to training camp every year. Also the coaches like the team building aspect of having everyone be together for 4 weeks.

there are stands outside the facility and i went last year twice, its not as open as albany probably but you can still go and watch.

LTgiants
08-14-2012, 06:17 PM
Giants signed DT Carlton Powell.
A fifth-round pick by the Broncos back in 2008, Powell will add practice depth with Shaun Rogers, Marvin Austin and Chris Canty sidelined.

Giantsfan1080
08-14-2012, 08:34 PM
This is definitely the last year at Albany.

BamaFalcon59
08-14-2012, 10:29 PM
Giants signed DT Carlton Powell.
A fifth-round pick by the Broncos back in 2008, Powell will add practice depth with Shaun Rogers, Marvin Austin and Chris Canty sidelined.

NYG and VT becoming lovers.

bigbluedefense
08-14-2012, 11:08 PM
I'm not really worried about our DT situation just yet. We don't really use our DTs all that much to begin with. And the ones we lost, big deal, they weren't going to see the field much if at all anyway, and would probably not even make the team to begin with.

Austin is a concern. But the loss of Rogers just frees up one of the young ponies in the stable to make the team. I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Giantsfan1080
08-15-2012, 07:27 AM
I thought Rogers would do well for us but yeah I'm not that upset by it. If another guy goes down then I'll start to panic. Canty probably won't be back on time for the season so we need to make sure everyone else stays healthy between now and then.

Giantsfan1080
08-15-2012, 08:06 AM
Good interview with Tuck in the NY Post today. He contemplated retiring last year. Man that would have sucked.

Giantsfan1080
08-15-2012, 01:14 PM
The Build a Staff thread got me thinking about Waufle. Why did he leave again? He wasn't promoted to a D-Coordinator job and I don't think he had a falling out with Coughlin. Did Fewell object to having him on the staff? Anyone remember the circumstances?

bigbluedefense
08-15-2012, 01:53 PM
The coaching staff felt that he got too close to the players, Osi in particular. He'd give Osi great grades on game performance even when he was playing bad, and that created a rift btw Osi and the coaches. That was the year Osi was demoted to situational pass rusher.

It's a shame, Wauffle is the best DL coach in the league. I wonder how great JPP would be under him.

Giantsfan1080
08-15-2012, 02:02 PM
That's a shame. I don't remember that at all for some reason. I wish he were still here.

bigbluedefense
08-15-2012, 02:05 PM
Yeah, I loved the guy. The players loved playing for him too. But apparently he stopped criticizing them bc he got so close to them.

He was a master at turning chicken **** into chicken salad at DT. Imagine what he'd do with Joseph.

Giantsfan1080
08-15-2012, 02:08 PM
Yea with the talent he and JPP have and the support group in Tuck, Osi, Canty, and Kiwi, and then throw in Waufle as a coach and that would have been amazing. It's not like they haven't developed at a rapid pace though.

bigbluedefense
08-15-2012, 02:15 PM
Yeah that's true. Let's not discredit Nunn either. Look at what Nunn is doing with Tracy so far, and Hendricks, JPP, and Joseph.

He's done a terrific job too. We actually have very good positional coaches. Great OL coach, best TE coach in the league, good RB coach, DL coach, Guinta is a great DB coach.

We have a solid coaching staff. And while we constantly kill Gilbride, there's no denying we're married to him now, this is the only offense Eli knows and we have to keep it as long as Eli is under center. Plus I think we're a little unfair with our criticism of Gilbride too. It's not always the OC's fault.

Fewell is still a turd though. He better adjust his scheme this year like he did in the playoffs.

bigbluedefense
08-15-2012, 02:16 PM
I know this is gonna sound odd coming from me, but I realized that Xs and Os are somewhat overrated.

Players make plays. That's what it comes down to.

Giantsfan1080
08-15-2012, 02:29 PM
The continuity we have with our staff under Coughlin has played a major part in our success.

I agree with you but scheme is still very important. Webster will be the poster child for me in that regard.

bigbluedefense
08-15-2012, 02:43 PM
Well what I mean by scheme is overrated is that there isn't a right or wrong scheme per say (other than my disdain for Cover 2), but moreso theres a right or wrong fit btw scheme and players.

Ultimately as a defense, you have to be able to do a little bit of everything. You can't do the same thing over and over again. So you have to blitz, you have to rush 4, you have to play man and zone, you have to be able to do all of those things. The degree of each depends on the schemes and in my opinion, more importantly on what your players do best. You want to do what they do best more often than not, and that's more about coaching adjustments than it is scheme itself.

But even then, even if the fit isn't perfect, it still falls on the players. Youre never gonna get a perfect fit, some pieces will always be a little out of place. It's up to the players to adjust and make plays.

Look at CWeb. He adjusted. He can play zone just fine now. His issue was more confidence than scheme.

I have issues with scheme when they are blatantly misusing the talent on the field, and when the coaches overcomplicate things and confuse the players.

Jughead10
08-15-2012, 02:43 PM
I know this is gonna sound odd coming from me, but I realized that Xs and Os are somewhat overrated.

Players make plays. That's what it comes down to.

It really depends on the player. Someone like JPP is going to make plays in any scheme. He's a freak. But someone like Victor Cruz, could very well be a system player. He's a perfect fit for us.

bigbluedefense
08-15-2012, 02:44 PM
It really depends on the player. Someone like JPP is going to make plays in any scheme. He's a freak. But someone like Victor Cruz, could very well be a system player. He's a perfect fit for us.

This is true as well.

Giantsfan1080
08-15-2012, 02:45 PM
Webster was nearly the same player when Sheridan was playing his zone that year.

bigbluedefense
08-15-2012, 02:53 PM
The year Sheridan was our DC, Webster had a good year. The only time he got owned was when he played vs VJax.

Think about it, Fewell runs a ton of zone, why is Webster good under him? Web can play both. He's at his best when he's in man, yes, but he can play both.

Giantsfan1080
08-15-2012, 02:54 PM
The year Sheridan was our DC, Webster had a good year. The only time he got owned was when he played vs VJax.

Think about it, Fewell runs a ton of zone, why is Webster good under him? Web can play both. He's at his best when he's in man, yes, but he can play both.

He does play better in it now but he's not nearly the same player. Webster gets torched a lot more in the zone.

We signed another DT. Oren Wilson.

bigbluedefense
08-15-2012, 02:56 PM
I honestly cant remember the last time Webster got burned.

Giantsfan1080
08-15-2012, 03:01 PM
Lately never. Even that year isn't bad he's just not close to the same player as he is in man.

BigBlueNorwegian
08-15-2012, 07:42 PM
Plus I think we're a little unfair with our criticism of Gilbride too. It's not always the OC's fault.

This. I am going to go out on a limb, and say that it's much easier for fans like me, relatively "dumb" guys when it comes to X's and O's, to appreciate Gilbride. To me, he looks like one of the best Offensive Coordinators in the league.

Sure, he has his obvious flaws, and you guys are very good at pointing them out. But when I read on the general forums, it seems like every team that doesn't have an offensive minded HC complains a lot about their OC. Gilbride surely has certain things he both can and need to improve on. But all in all, he's one of the best OC's in the league who isn't in immediate danger of jumping ship to become a HC soon. And that's more than satisfying enough for me.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-16-2012, 09:57 AM
This. I am going to go out on a limb, and say that it's much easier for fans like me, relatively "dumb" guys when it comes to X's and O's, to appreciate Gilbride. To me, he looks like one of the best Offensive Coordinators in the league.

Sure, he has his obvious flaws, and you guys are very good at pointing them out. But when I read on the general forums, it seems like every team that doesn't have an offensive minded HC complains a lot about their OC. Gilbride surely has certain things he both can and need to improve on. But all in all, he's one of the best OC's in the league who isn't in immediate danger of jumping ship to become a HC soon. And that's more than satisfying enough for me.

Yeah his WR rules are based on the Run and Shoot philosophy. The over all system is a high risk/high reward system. This means that when the system, is executed perfect, we can move the ball on anyone and score a lot. However, if even one person makes a mistake, the system becomes problematic. We see this one in a while when Eli throws one way and the WR is going another, or doing god knows what else. That's when you see Eli stare, maybe even put his hands up, as if to say, hey dude, what are you doing?

I am actually a big fan of the Run and Shoot, Air C. and Air Raid, but this system does bother me at times. Sometimes I wish if Eli was in another system, he would be a lot better, in terms of stats he puts up.

But I agree, I been impressed with Gilbride and his decades of experience he brings with him. He is a BIG upgrade over Hufangel who I loathed. That had to be the worst hire TC made! A OC who had zero OC experience to call plays and work with a QB who was a rookie. It was a god awful mess! Not to mention going from Jim Fassel/ Sean Payton's offense to this offense.

I respect Gilbride a lot and his tenure here as increased my respect for him.

Giantsfan1080
08-16-2012, 11:12 AM
Cablevision is getting NFL Network and Red Zone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

OSUGiants17
08-16-2012, 11:35 AM
Cablevision is getting NFL Network and Red Zone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Bout ******* time!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000050872/article/cablevision-signs-deal-to-carry-nfl-network-nfl-redzone

Giantsfan1080
08-16-2012, 11:57 AM
Also tons of Giants moves:

Signed DB/KR Laron Scott
Signed DT Marcus Thomas
Waived/Injured Justin Trattou
Cut Clint Sintim
Marvin Austin is fine

OSUGiants17
08-16-2012, 12:04 PM
Also tons of Giants moves:

1. Signed DB/KR Laron Scott
2. Signed DT Marcus Thomas
3. Waived/Injured Justin Trattou
4. Cut Clint Sintim
5. Marvin Austin is fine

1. Meh
2. solid
3. o well, I love Tracy
4. What a bust
5. Great!

Giantsfan1080
08-16-2012, 12:10 PM
I liked what I saw out of Trattou last year so I'm a little dissapointed by that. Rooting hard for Tracy and Hendricks though.

Giantsfan1080
08-16-2012, 12:13 PM
I was also thinking about this on the drive to work today.

Do you think we retire Eli's number and place Tuck, Osi, and Snee in the Giants Ring of Honor? Are their other current members of the team who would deserve it?

OSUGiants17
08-16-2012, 12:16 PM
I was also thinking about this on the drive to work today.

Do you think we retire Eli's number and place Tuck, Osi, and Snee in the Giants Ring of Honor? Are their other current members of the team who would deserve it?

Depends on how Osi leaves. He deserves it, but if he runs his mouth it won't happen. I think Eli, Tuck and Snee are the only guys that are a virtual lock at this point.

Giantsfan1080
08-16-2012, 12:18 PM
Depends on how Osi leaves. He deserves it, but if he runs his mouth it won't happen. I think Eli, Tuck and Snee are the only guys that are a virtual lock at this point.

He's happy now. It's going to be a bittersweet break up. Nothing bad will be said.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-16-2012, 12:44 PM
Tuck and Snee in the ring of honor? So far, as of now, who else is in that ring of honor?

Giantsfan1080
08-16-2012, 01:07 PM
Tuck and Snee in the ring of honor? So far, as of now, who else is in that ring of honor?

Osi also a definite right? What about Webster? Coughlin and Reese also obviously.

Giants Ring of Honor Inductees

http://www.giants.com/assets/images/team/history/ring-of-honor/10_tmara.jpg Tim Mara
http://www.giants.com/assets/images/team/history/ring-of-honor/10_wmara.jpg Wellington Mara
http://www.giants.com/assets/images/team/history/ring-of-honor/10_jmara.jpg Jack Mara
http://www.giants.com/assets/images/team/history/ring-of-honor/10_btisch.jpg Bob Tisch
http://www.giants.com/assets/images/team/history/ring-of-honor/10_young.jpg George Young
http://www.giants.com/assets/images/team/history/ring-of-honor/10_sowen.jpg Steve Owen
http://www.giants.com/assets/images/team/history/ring-of-honor/10_jlhowell.jpg Jim Lee Howell
http://www.giants.com/assets/images/team/history/ring-of-honor/10_parcells.jpg Bill Parcells
http://www.giants.com/assets/images/team/history/ring-of-honor/10_fgifford.jpg Frank Gifford
http://www.giants.com/assets/images/team/history/ring-of-honor/10_carson.jpg Harry Carson
http://www.giants.com/assets/images/team/history/ring-of-honor/10_taylor.jpg Lawrence Taylor
http://www.giants.com/assets/images/team/history/ring-of-honor/10_simms.jpg Phil Simms
http://www.giants.com/assets/images/team/history/ring-of-honor/10_strahan.jpg Michael Strahan
http://www.giants.com/assets/images/team/history/ring-of-honor/10_gmartin.jpg George Martin
http://www.giants.com/assets/images/team/history/ring-of-honor/10_shuff.jpg Sam Huff
http://www.giants.com/assets/images/team/history/ring-of-honor/10_yatittle.jpg Y.A. Tittle
http://www.giants.com/assets/images/team/history/ring-of-honor/10_armstead.jpg Jessie Armstead
http://www.giants.com/assets/images/team/history/ring-of-honor/10_toomer.jpg Amani Toomer
http://www.giants.com/assets/images/team/history/ring-of-honor/10_barber.jpg Tiki Barber
http://www.giants.com/assets/images/team/history/ring-of-honor/10_kstrong.jpg Ken Strong
http://www.giants.com/assets/images/team/history/ring-of-honor/10_gogolak.jpg Pete Gogolak
http://www.giants.com/assets/images/team/history/ring-of-honor/10_arobustelli.jpg Andy Robustelli
http://www.giants.com/assets/images/team/history/ring-of-honor/10_tleemans.jpg Tuffy Leemans
http://www.giants.com/assets/images/team/history/ring-of-honor/10_ablozis.jpg Al Blozis
http://www.giants.com/assets/images/team/history/ring-of-honor/10_mhein.jpg Mel Hein
http://www.giants.com/assets/images/team/history/ring-of-honor/10_rbrown.jpg Roosevelt Brown
http://www.giants.com/assets/images/team/history/ring-of-honor/10_etunnell.jpg Emlen Tunnell
http://www.giants.com/assets/images/team/history/ring-of-honor/10_cconerly.jpg Charlie Conerly
http://www.giants.com/assets/images/team/history/ring-of-honor/10_dlynch.jpg Dick Lynch
http://www.giants.com/assets/images/team/history/ring-of-honor/10_jmorrsion.jpg Joe Morrison
http://prod.static.giants.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/Ring-Of-Honor/alex.jpg Alex Webster
http://prod.static.giants.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/Ring-Of-Honor/van_pelt.jpg Brad Van Pelt
http://prod.static.giants.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/Ring-Of-Honor/banks.jpg Carl Banks
http://prod.static.giants.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/Ring-Of-Honor/bavarro_95.jpg Mark Bavaro
http://prod.static.giants.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/Ring-Of-Honor/jennings.jpg Dave Jennings

Giantsfan1080
08-16-2012, 01:13 PM
These are the retired numbers:

Ray Flaherty, #1

Tuffy Leemans, #4
Mel Hein, #7
Phil Simms, #11
Y.A. Tittle, #14

Frank Gifford, #16
Al Blozis, # 32

Joe Morrison, # 40
Charlie Conerly, #42

Ken Strong, #50
Lawrence Taylor, #56

Giantsfan1080
08-16-2012, 01:15 PM
Ehh I don't know why it's formatting like that sorry.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-16-2012, 01:57 PM
We have a lot of older guys. Armstead is in, and maybe because of that Tuck gets in. Toomer has franchise records. Single season though is now Cruz. Tiki is a border line HOFer.

Eli will 10000% get in due to the super bowl MVPs. He is a HOFer. I don't see Tuck or Snee though because while good they didn't dominate. Tuck's issue was ability to stay healthy. Good leader, but his talent was affected due to injuries. Snee is a solid player, but again, he is not like the best OG in football, or a 7 time pro bowler with 2 super bowl rings. These guys are solid, but they didn't even set records franchise wise.

I just don't see Tuck and Snee. But.. if Tuck gets in I'd point to Armstead. I wouldn't put them in. It's a ring of honor or basically a franchise HOF i see it as. I see that as HOF not Hall of a very good for the franchise level. Tuck had a 5 sack injury ridden season. If he can get double digits while staying healthy AND playing a while, then cool, I am all for him. I just would say the franchise HOF for guys that hold franchise records, and/or NFL HOFers.

Eli gets in easily. But that's it right, and Coughlin obviously too!

Giantsfan1080
08-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Tuck dominated the 2 Super Bowls. Snee is regarded as one of the best OG in football and was the best player on the OL that was great up until the last few years. Maybe not but they're going to be career Giants who have been the leaders of the team. Osi is going to be 2nd in team history with sacks until JPP passes him years from now.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-16-2012, 02:45 PM
Tuck dominated the 2 Super Bowls. Snee is regarded as one of the best OG in football and was the best player on the OL that was great up until the last few years. Maybe not but they're going to be career Giants who have been the leaders of the team. Osi is going to be 2nd in team history with sacks until JPP passes him years from now.

Tuck dominated the 1st super bowl as a situational non starter. That's where he started to do well, and became the starter that following year after Strahan retired. He had a good super bowl. But stay healthy throughout the regular season, and or set some franchise records, and you're in. I like him as a player and leader, but overall not HOF for the franchise worthy.

Snee is solid player but not one of the best guards in the NFL. He had a bad year last year to boot. Solid player and very good, but again, HOF for the franchise worthy? No, I wouldn't say so.

Osi might have the best chance due to pro bowls and even getting his sacks, from setting the NFL record to just being feared. Now, there are debates whether he is over rated or not. But in terms of our franchise history, I think he is worthy.

69 sacks career and 10 forced fumbles in a season is damn good. I am not a fan of his attitude. I'd take Tuck's attitude any day over Osi. But Osi's stats are good, and I think career wise for NYG he is worthy.

But this is my opinion. Tuck has a lot of fans and is popular as a leader. Eventually, you have to draw a line.

Giantsfan1080
08-16-2012, 02:52 PM
I understand that. When you have 2 SB winning teams though the Giants Ring is going to be populated with more players from those teams. Anyway it's a fun debate.

Rosebud
08-16-2012, 03:06 PM
So does tracy become bwOsi, now that we no longer have the next wOsi?

scottyboy
08-16-2012, 03:30 PM
jessie armstead is the greatest linebacker in the history of history, so there's that

Giantsfan1080
08-16-2012, 03:47 PM
So does tracy become bwOsi, now that we no longer have the next wOsi?

Tracy is black so no. Trattou could have been wOSI2.

Giantsfan1080
08-16-2012, 03:47 PM
jessie armstead is the greatest linebacker in the history of history, so there's that

You know besides LT.

Giantsfan1080
08-16-2012, 03:53 PM
It turns out Austin is not fine. He's going for more tests but it doesn't sound good.

Also, Beatty's back has started to act up again. Cut him please and let's get a new LT next year. He's average at best when he's actually on the field but he'll never return from back problems healthy.

OSUGiants17
08-16-2012, 05:55 PM
I'm sure some of you guys don't really care about this stuff, but how do you feel about our guys as fantasy players. Personally I love Nicks and Wilson for fantasy this year.

Giantsfan1080
08-16-2012, 07:10 PM
Nicks and Cruz yes. Wilson no. I don't think he's going to play as much as some think.

Forenci
08-16-2012, 10:43 PM
Nicks and Cruz yes. Wilson no. I don't think he's going to play as much as some think.

Just depends how our line plays, in all honesty. If it sucks, I think Wilson gives us more of a chance to be successful with his speed and ability to cut back or bounce it outside.

Giantsfan1080
08-16-2012, 10:47 PM
He won't be in there much at all if he can't block for Eli and fumbles.

Rosebud
08-17-2012, 09:51 AM
Tracy is black so no. Trattou could have been wOSI2.

That's why I figured Tracy would be bwOSI, you know for Black wOSI...

Giantsfan1080
08-17-2012, 11:15 AM
That's why I figured Tracy would be bwOSI, you know for Black wOSI...

The w stands for White though.

OSUGiants17
08-17-2012, 11:37 AM

Cruz goes too early in most leagues and I like Nicks a lot more.

Giantsfan1080
08-17-2012, 11:39 AM
Cruz goes too early in most leagues and I like Nicks a lot more.

Well Nicks should go before Cruz but yeah I like Nicks more also. They are both going to be excellent fantasy wise though. You might as well wait a little and grab Eli.

BaLLiN
08-17-2012, 11:46 AM
The w stands for White though.

yes but osi is black, so if we're saying black osi its saying tracy=osi which isn't true. If we say black white osi then we're saying tolly=tracy which is probably a little more accurate right now

Rosebud
08-17-2012, 12:36 PM
yes but osi is black, so if we're saying black osi its saying tracy=osi which isn't true. If we say black white osi then we're saying tolly=tracy which is probably a little more accurate right now

This guy gets it.

Giantsfan1080
08-17-2012, 12:37 PM
Yeah too complicated for me in the nickname department.

Rosebud
08-17-2012, 12:42 PM
What's so complicated about Black wOsi? it's just two words, neither of them longer than two syllables.

Jughead10
08-17-2012, 12:53 PM
http://deadspin.com/Why-Your-Team-Sucks-2012/

I've been reading all of these and they are hysterical. It's so funny to see Steeler fans with a brain talk bad about Ben.

bigbluedefense
08-17-2012, 12:54 PM
Seriously guys?

I agree with GF btw, let's just cut Beatty. Forget that cream puff. Move Diehl back to LT, and bring McKenzie back for one more year.

Brewer isn't ready yet, and Locklear...meh.

Giantsfan1080
08-17-2012, 12:56 PM
What's so complicated about Black wOsi? it's just two words, neither of them longer than two syllables.

Because it's dumb. I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings by saying so though. Tracy is going to beast it anyway so he'll need his own original nickname.

Giantsfan1080
08-17-2012, 12:58 PM
Seriously guys?

I agree with GF btw, let's just cut Beatty. Forget that cream puff. Move Diehl back to LT, and bring McKenzie back for one more year.

Brewer isn't ready yet, and Locklear...meh.

Beatty is a FA at the end of the year also so his days are numbered here. I loved what KMac did for us but no we can't bring him back. He was horrible last year and has lost it. Locklear at RT and Diehl at LT. The interior line play is going to have to really step it up this year. I'm looking at you Boothe, Baas, and Snee.

bigbluedefense
08-17-2012, 02:46 PM
I'm starting to think Petrus isn't going to be the guy I had hoped he'd be. He regressed this year and his pass pro is just awful.

It's a shame, I really had high hopes for him. But now I'm starting to temper those hopes.

Giantsfan1080
08-17-2012, 03:05 PM
How has he regressed? Because of 1 game? Also sounds like McKenzie might be coming back.

bigbluedefense
08-17-2012, 04:11 PM
How has he regressed? Because of 1 game? Also sounds like McKenzie might be coming back.

He's been playing like crap in Training Camp apparently.

Yeaaaaaah Big Mac is back!

Giantsfan1080
08-17-2012, 04:15 PM
Sorry Mckenzie thing isn't true. BBI got fooled.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-18-2012, 10:30 AM
I'm starting to think Petrus isn't going to be the guy I had hoped he'd be. He regressed this year and his pass pro is just awful.

It's a shame, I really had high hopes for him. But now I'm starting to temper those hopes.

We joke about that developmental OL player, but that way of drafting is coming back and biting us. Have we hit on anyone like that?

Whimper.. GONE
Koets.. GONE
Beatty.. hurt and back issues
Brewer back and very raw
Petrus.. Still waiting for something

Can someone please step up?

Damix
08-18-2012, 10:38 AM
Koets looked like he was going to be at least average before he blew out his knee.

Giantsfan1080
08-18-2012, 10:41 AM
Yeah out minor league OL system has produced ****. Someone needs to do something.

bigbluedefense
08-18-2012, 11:38 AM
I have faith in Petrus, Brewer, and Mosely.

OSUGiants17
08-18-2012, 11:54 AM
Why can't we just draft a blue chip OT already. Give me a big 1st round OT

BigBlueNorwegian
08-18-2012, 12:07 PM
We value DB, CB and WR in first rounds. Almost exclusively. I don't mind actually. As long as we can find mediocre blockers who gives Eli just enough time to pass, we'll be fine. OT's seems like a crapshoot in the late first round more often than the other positions as well. Solder hasn't produced yet, Carimi hasn't produced, and Oher is a Right tackle. Those guys were picked around our picks in the last few years of the draft.

I think you need to trade up into the first ten picks to find a blue chip left tackle nowadays. And Reese isn't willing to do that. Sure, it would be nice to have a great tackle duo as well as the great DE's DB's and WR's we have, but you can't always have your cake and eat it too. You have to focus on certain areas. And I think Reese is making the right choices.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-18-2012, 12:21 PM
I have faith in Petrus, Brewer, and Mosely.

Oh yeah, another development pick Mosely! I forgot about him. Well following the trend, I doubt he amounts to anything. Or better worded, I have zero expectations for him.

But that's the area we are missing! Has any developmental pick panned out and turned into a solid player? I know come draft we joke about it, but this is why we have issues. NO ONE has panned out or we haven't hit on anyone.

Eli is in his prime and we have junk on the OL. I wish we could go OL next draft.

OSUGiants17
08-18-2012, 12:55 PM
We value DB, CB and WR in first rounds. Almost exclusively. I don't mind actually. As long as we can find mediocre blockers who gives Eli just enough time to pass, we'll be fine. OT's seems like a crapshoot in the late first round more often than the other positions as well. Solder hasn't produced yet, Carimi hasn't produced, and Oher is a Right tackle. Those guys were picked around our picks in the last few years of the draft.

I think you need to trade up into the first ten picks to find a blue chip left tackle nowadays. And Reese isn't willing to do that. Sure, it would be nice to have a great tackle duo as well as the great DE's DB's and WR's we have, but you can't always have your cake and eat it too. You have to focus on certain areas. And I think Reese is making the right choices.

I think you mean DE, CB and WR. But yea thats a great point. We can't get great OTs when we pick so late.

LTgiants
08-18-2012, 02:23 PM
Not scheduled to play tonight for Giants: CB Terrell Thomas, CB Brandon Bing, CB Michael Coe, WR Hakeem Nicks, LB Jacquian Williams, LB Michael Boley, LT Will Beatty, DT Shaun Rogers, DT Marvin Austin. DT Marcus Thomas, signed on Thursday, is not eligible to play.

Giantsfan1080
08-18-2012, 02:29 PM
I wonder why we haven't put Rogers on IR yet. Also, wish Williams and Boley will be back this week. Bing injury seems new.

BaLLiN
08-18-2012, 04:20 PM
Id like to see what Locklear can do at LT, Diehl is a valuable run blocker but sometimes a liability in pass pro, so id rather have him on RT so he could get a TE chip.

BaLLiN
08-18-2012, 06:41 PM
locklear isnt looking bad, some good plays some average plays

BigBlueNorwegian
08-18-2012, 07:00 PM
I think you mean DE, CB and WR. But yea thats a great point. We can't get great OTs when we pick so late.

lol, Yeah! Wrote that after having a couple of beers :p I'm even more drunk now, but I'm concentrating really hard on writing proper English! Hope it's understandable!

OSUGiants17
08-18-2012, 07:57 PM
Jayron! This kid is gonna be awesome

OSUGiants17
08-18-2012, 08:14 PM
Can we stop putting Wilson in with our worst OL? I wanna see what the kid can actually do.

BamaFalcon59
08-18-2012, 08:21 PM
VT! Hosley! Wilson!

BaLLiN
08-18-2012, 10:05 PM
VT! Hosley! Wilson!

lol im glad we're fueling your VT cravings

Giantsfan1080
08-19-2012, 01:40 PM
Hosley with a turf toe injury. Bradshaw has a hand contusion.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-19-2012, 01:45 PM
Hosley with a turf toe injury. Bradshaw has a hand contusion.

I wonder if this happened as he was scoring the TD, where he was dragging his foot and toe as he crossed the goal line.

BigBlueNorwegian
08-19-2012, 02:29 PM
So, this cold tub incident with JPP and Prince. Is it something to worry about, or just locker room banter? To me, it seems like fun and games. But I don't really understand why Prince is the target either way? I thought only rookies got hazed?

Giantsfan1080
08-19-2012, 04:29 PM
So, this cold tub incident with JPP and Prince. Is it something to worry about, or just locker room banter? To me, it seems like fun and games. But I don't really understand why Prince is the target either way? I thought only rookies got hazed?

It's nothing. Sounds like JPP was getting back at Prince for something.

BigBlueNorwegian
08-19-2012, 04:41 PM
It's nothing. Sounds like JPP was getting back at Prince for something.

Yeah. Damn media though. Trying to hype up things and make a story out of nothing. Weatherford should be smarter than uploading this to the internet.

gpngc
08-19-2012, 04:49 PM
Went yesterday.

Two thoughts:

1) Ware should give way to Wilson more in the freaking preseason. Ware is a known commodity. I have no problem with him earning the No. 2 job because he's a dependable pro, but at least give Wilson a chance to get in a groove with the starters in PRESEASON. It doesn't bode well for him that they don't give him any first team reps in games because they probably don't think he can pass protect.

2) If Keith Rivers stays healthy...

Giantsfan1080
08-19-2012, 05:08 PM
Yeah. Damn media though. Trying to hype up things and make a story out of nothing. Weatherford should be smarter than uploading this to the internet.

Yeah it was dumb Weatherford posted it online. Coughlin wasn't happy either and said he would address the team.

Giantsfan1080
08-19-2012, 05:09 PM
Went yesterday.

Two thoughts:

1) Ware should give way to Wilson more in the freaking preseason. Ware is a known commodity. I have no problem with him earning the No. 2 job because he's a dependable pro, but at least give Wilson a chance to get in a groove with the starters in PRESEASON. It doesn't bode well for him that they don't give him any first team reps in games because they probably don't think he can pass protect.

2) If Keith Rivers stays healthy...

Exactly. They aren't going to let Eli take hits he doesn't have to.

LTgiants
08-19-2012, 05:29 PM
Exactly. They aren't going to let Eli take hits he doesn't have to.

So let him play with the first team OL and Carr.

Giantsfan1080
08-19-2012, 05:33 PM
So let him play with the first team OL and Carr.

Was the first team OL out there with Carr?

LTgiants
08-19-2012, 05:50 PM
Was the first team OL out there with Carr?

I don't believe so. I am pretty sure Carr has played behind the 2nd string OL in both games. Wilson played with Perrilloux and the 2nd/3rd string OL.

BamaFalcon59
08-19-2012, 06:54 PM
lol im glad we're fueling your VT cravings

No lie, those two being drafted to NYG made them go from my least favorite team to perhaps my second favorite.

BaLLiN
08-19-2012, 06:58 PM
No lie, those two being drafted to NYG made them go from my least favorite team to perhaps my second favorite.

well im happy to say that ive liked VT prospects for awhile. My favorite by far was Brandon Flowers, I didn't even care about his 40 time, he was just a beast.

Jughead10
08-19-2012, 07:43 PM
well im happy to say that ive liked VT prospects for awhile. My favorite by far was Brandon Flowers, I didn't even care about his 40 time, he was just a beast.

Vtech always has good corners. And you know when you get a Vtech player they are going to know how to play special teams.

Giantsfan1080
08-19-2012, 07:45 PM
Hosley was my favorite pick in the draft by far. He's going to turn into a player for us. It's early but I think he ends up better than Prince just because of his style of play. Prince will be a good #2 though.

BaLLiN
08-19-2012, 07:47 PM
I dont get why you are abandoning Prince already, he shut down jordy nelson in GB in the playoffs without any nfl experience basically.

Giantsfan1080
08-19-2012, 07:52 PM
I dont get why you are abandoning Prince already, he shut down jordy nelson in GB in the playoffs without any nfl experience basically.

No no no I'm not. I like Prince and enjoyed what I saw out of him in the playoffs. It's not a knock on him but just the potential I see in Hosley.

BamaFalcon59
08-19-2012, 08:01 PM
Flowers was the best CB to ever play at VT, or at least the best of the ones I've seen. Short, slow, and somehow absolutely dominant.

Hurricanes25
08-19-2012, 08:36 PM
Scotty and GF1080,

Jersey Joe Martinek!!!

Giantsfan1080
08-19-2012, 08:45 PM
Scotty and GF1080,

Jersey Joe Martinek!!!

Looks like he'll be going to the Practice Squad unless another team scoops him up. Love having the Rutgers guys on the team.

scottyboy
08-19-2012, 08:51 PM
Jersey Joe and Bing.

Championship

Giantsfan1080
08-19-2012, 08:55 PM
Jersey Joe and Bing.

Championship

So elegant and so true.

Hurricanes25
08-19-2012, 09:00 PM
I was hoping Jamaal Westerman = Championship. That didn't work out too well.

And how is Adewale Ojomo doing? He looked great against the Jets yesterday. ANd I know Hendricks is beasting for you guys. Nice to see.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-20-2012, 07:59 AM
So much for no drama at Giants camp. Stupid idea by the punter to post the video of Prince getting dunked.

Giantsfan1080
08-20-2012, 08:01 AM
It was dumb to post it but I can't believe people are "offended" or "bothered" by it. They threw him in a cold tub. Whoop-di-*******-doo. Not like they made him stay in there for 15 minutes.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-20-2012, 08:10 AM
It was dumb to post it but I can't believe people are "offended" or "bothered" by it. They threw him in a cold tub. Whoop-di-*******-doo. Not like they made him stay in there for 15 minutes.

This happens at all levels. Maybe not to that extent but players do haze other players. I was the youngest coach on my staff so I got messed up routinely. I got to the point I was furious, but didn't say anything. The moment you show emotion they feel like you are breaking the tradition of hazing and won't stop. Best way to deal with is it just take it and get through it.

So I am not really bothered by that. I feel people may apply the bullying model to this situation and thus get mad. After, all in society we are all about anti bullying, but this is hazing in a sports environment. You tell a coach as a player and the players lose all respect towards you.

Giantsfan1080
08-20-2012, 08:12 AM
Yeah the media is just trying to make this a big deal because that's what they do in this era. It's honestly the easiest bit of hazing also. They got him wet and that's it. This is such a non story.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-20-2012, 08:13 AM
Well especially since it's us. "All quiet in Giants camp"... "No Drama with the defending champs".. and now the media has to be thrilled there is a story and something like this too!

Giantsfan1080
08-20-2012, 08:23 AM
Well especially since it's us. "All quiet in Giants camp"... "No Drama with the defending champs".. and now the media has to be thrilled there is a story and something like this too!

Nail meet hammer.

Jughead10
08-20-2012, 08:36 AM
I also heard, and haven't seen it mentioned here, that the reason Prince is getting picked on is because he missed out on all of the rookie hazing last year because he was hurt. The vets even told him it would stop once the season started.

Giantsfan1080
08-20-2012, 08:54 AM
I also heard, and haven't seen it mentioned here, that the reason Prince is getting picked on is because he missed out on all of the rookie hazing last year because he was hurt. The vets even told him it would stop once the season started.

Yeah I think one of the players in the video said you have 3 more games to go or something similar to that.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-20-2012, 10:30 AM

I just hope he doesn't develop bitter feelings for his fellow team mates AND most importantly have that anger effect his play on the field.

That can't be true because it was said that it happened 7 or 8 times last year. Unless that was not true.

OSUGiants17
08-20-2012, 10:32 AM
Prince knows it's no big deal too. The dude seemed to be fine with it and knew it was just tradition and players always mess around with each other. Plus it wasn't a big deal, he got wet, it would be the same as if they threw water balloons at him, but no one would care then. The only player Coughlin should be mad at is Weatherford for putting it online, but that's it. I remember when I played football we would throw a kid in the pool or shower all the time, you dry off you laugh it off and next year you throw a kid in. Besides, Tebow will see a cloud today and they'll stop talking about us to argue if it was a bunny or santa.

Giantsfan1080
08-20-2012, 10:35 AM
I just don't bitter feelings with him for his fellow team mates AND most importantly have that anger effect his play on the field.

That can't be true because it was said that it happened 7 or 8 times last year. Unless that was not true.

Here you go it's true.

According to the Star-Ledger report, players have been trying to get Amukamara to "develop an edge."

Amukamara is now the starting cornerback opposite Corey Webster with Terrell Thomas rehabbing an injured right knee.

Amukamara said that the veterans have told him that he has three more regular-season games to complete before he's considered "one of them."

Jughead10
08-20-2012, 10:40 AM
I just hope he doesn't develop bitter feelings for his fellow team mates AND most importantly have that anger effect his play on the field.

It's happened 7 or 8 times this year. Because he received no hazing last year.

bigbluedefense
08-20-2012, 10:41 AM
I'm not concerned about this at all. It's a non story. If anything, maybe it fuels Prince to play tougher because his perception right now is that he's "soft"

Which is clearly not true, but I understand why they're trying to do it. He's a soft spoken guy in a defense full of wolves.

I just thought it was hilarious how JPP was just carrying him like a sack of potatoes. JPP is a manimal.

Giantsfan1080
08-20-2012, 10:47 AM
Others are mad at the guys using the N word also. Haha what kind of society do we live in today. It's just ridiculous.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-20-2012, 10:48 AM
It's happened 7 or 8 times this year. Because he received no hazing last year.

I thought I read the 7-8 times was last year for some reason.

bigbluedefense
08-20-2012, 10:51 AM
We're getting soft. Like this whole stop bullying campaign. Really? Honestly, bullying is a part of growing up. It toughens you up.

People are so sensitive nowadays. Man up. It's a part of growing up.

Giantsfan1080
08-20-2012, 10:56 AM
Anyway every single quote out of the locker room has been fine. Prince is fine, JPP is fine, and so on. Media blowing things out of proportion as always.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-20-2012, 10:58 AM
We're getting soft. Like this whole stop bullying campaign. Really? Honestly, bullying is a part of growing up. It toughens you up.

And they are using that general society model to sports culture where it happens and you expect it to happen. That's where the issue will become a hot button issue.

Soon they will use the argument, what if it was your kid? Or brother? Then what? All this is common. All sorts of messing around, even Eli puts purple dye in his OL linemen's shoes and **** like that.

Not quite throwing someone head first in a tub, but my point is in the sports culture this stuff happens. Even military schools haze the plebs, or rats, or firsties.

OSUGiants17
08-20-2012, 11:02 AM
Next year Prince will be throwing whatever rookies we draft into ice baths and he'll be the one laughing. It's really not a big deal.

Any word on Hosley's turf toe injury? Will he even miss Friday's game?

Giantsfan1080
08-20-2012, 11:09 AM
Next year Prince will be throwing whatever rookies we draft into ice baths and he'll be the one laughing. It's really not a big deal.

Any word on Hosley's turf toe injury? Will he even miss Friday's game?

He's still in a walking boot today. No timetable on return given yet.

OSUGiants17
08-20-2012, 11:24 AM
He's still in a walking boot today. No timetable on return given yet.

Alright, I can't see it keeping him out too long. Turf toe isn't that bad of an injury

OSUGiants17
08-20-2012, 11:28 AM
By the way, anyone here want a David Wilson sig? I found a picture of him that I could use and was gonna make one soon. Would anyone here use it or want me to make them a Giants sig?

BigBlueNorwegian
08-20-2012, 05:29 PM

So true. I'm glad I didn't grow up with oversensitive and overtly protective parents. When I was a young boy (about 9 or 10) this guy was bullying me at school. I went to my dad and cried about it, and he told me that the solution was easy: The next time he does it, punch him square in the face as hard as you can. And I did. In the classroom, right in front of the teacher. We both got expelled for a day, and got loads of yelling from the principal and teachers, but it was totally worth it. He never bullied me again, and we actually became pretty good friends after that.

That's how you deal with harassment from others, at least as a child. As long as you stand up for yourself, they will stop bothering you.

BaLLiN
08-20-2012, 07:19 PM
By the way, anyone here want a David Wilson sig? I found a picture of him that I could use and was gonna make one soon. Would anyone here use it or want me to make them a Giants sig?

im interested

scottyboy
08-20-2012, 07:25 PM
as a (future) teacher, i have a bit of a different stance on bullying, but I do agree 100% that we've become too sensitive and that this "hazing" is a non-issue

OSUGiants17
08-20-2012, 07:32 PM
im interested

Ight man, I will make it soon.

Forenci
08-20-2012, 09:54 PM
as a (future) teacher, i have a bit of a different stance on bullying, but I do agree 100% that we've become too sensitive and that this "hazing" is a non-issue

Same. It's different if we're talking about two grown men, but I don't tolerate bullying when it's kids or even when its high school students. Kids are more messed up now than before. This isn't just putting people in lockers anymore. Bullying can lead to emotional issues, and potentially a student harming themselves.

BUT ANYWAYS! Yeah. GO GIANTS!

BaLLiN
08-20-2012, 10:58 PM
I didn't like how Prince reacted, I felt bad, but everything before that seemed like it was ok. Prince wasn't really resisting or kicking his legs. I understand why they did it, Prince never got a chance to be initiated into the NFL.

HEISMANHERSCHEL
08-20-2012, 11:31 PM
I just watched the video for the first time.

I felt bad for Prince. From what I know about him, he is a devout christian, and was raised in a very different culture than what most NFL players are raised in. He has probably been taught to turn the other cheek his entire life, not to mention he really can't do anything anyway. I mean, even if he knocked JPP out or kicked him in the ba11s really hard, it would not go over well. JPP is an absolute superstar at the beginning of a career. JPP is untouchable.

Anyway, while I do feel like it is really crappy that the entire team is allowing him to get humiliated, it really is "an in house thing." I would be mad at the guy that posted it.

BTDUB-The kicker (or punter, or whatever the guy is that posted it) should be next. I can't believe he was allowed to video it. He is not even a real football player! If you need to throw people into a tub of water, start with the kickers and punters!

HEISMANHERSCHEL
08-20-2012, 11:41 PM
Just to clarify, I don't have a problem with what happened. I just felt bad cause Prince does not seem like the type of person that does this stuff. After reading my post, I thought "That seems very touchy-feely," I didn't want to say that it was horrible, just that Prince seems like a guy that might not understand this type of thing. Worse stuff than this happens in every preseason, at every level. I know this. I was just trying to say that he seems like the type of guy that would not understand that.

Giantsfan1080
08-21-2012, 01:09 PM
Shaun Rogers might be able to play this year after all!!!

BaLLiN
08-21-2012, 07:10 PM
Shaun Rogers might be able to play this year after all!!!

wait really? Nice!

Giantsfan1080
08-21-2012, 07:35 PM
wait really? Nice!

It's a long shot but a possibility. It explains why we still haven't IR'ed him.

Anyone else here going to the Week 1 game against the boys?

Giantsfan1080
08-22-2012, 12:06 PM
JPP out Friday night with back spasms.

scottyboy
08-22-2012, 01:21 PM
FROM CARRYING PRINCE LOLZ

whatever, he barely needs preseason, keep him out as much as possible

BaLLiN
08-22-2012, 06:10 PM
Hey I'm just curious to see what you guys feel will be our final 53

QB: Manning, Carr
RB: Bradshaw, Wilson, Ware, Scott
FB: Hynoski
WR: Nicks, Cruz, Hixon, Jernigan, Randle, Barden/Stanback
TE: Bennett, Pascoe, Robinson
LT: Locklear, Beatty
LG: Boothe, Mosley
C:Baas
RG:Snee, Petrus
RT: Diehl, Brewer

LE: Tuck, Tracy
DT: Canty, Joseph, Bernard, Hendricks, Austin
RE: Pierre-Paul, Umenyiora
WLB: Boley, Williams
MLB: Herzlich, Blackburn
SLB: Kiwanuka, Rivers, Jones
CB: Webster, Amukamara, Coe, Hosley, Tryon, Molden
S: Phillips, Rolle. Hill

K: Tynes
P: Weatherford
LS: DeOssie

IR: Thomas, Rogers, Trattou, Parker, Douglas(so we can hold on to him)
PUP: Sash, Beckum
PS: Paysinger, Martinek, Collins, Capers, Bing, Marshall, Ojomo, DePalma

Also, doesn't the backup QB not count toward the 53? I thought they made that change

Giantsfan1080
08-22-2012, 07:52 PM
Paysinger can't go on the practice squad. He was active more than 8 games last year. I'd have him on roster over Jones.

Any player counts towards the 53. I think it's the 3rd QB no longer counts on the inactive list for games.

scottyboy
08-22-2012, 08:21 PM
i read somewhere that we're gonna keep 8 lb'ers

BaLLiN
08-22-2012, 08:39 PM
Paysinger can't go on the practice squad. He was active more than 8 games last year. I'd have him on roster over Jones.

Any player counts towards the 53. I think it's the 3rd QB no longer counts on the inactive list for games.

I didn't know about Paysinger, but if the 8 lb's is true, then he'd be on and probably a corner would be off. This would also push for Barden to be cut because we need another ST'er

i read somewhere that we're gonna keep 8 lb'ers

BaLLiN
08-22-2012, 09:19 PM
i think id take molden out and put paysinger in with perriloux going to the PS, but id rather have molden than another linebacker with our luck at CB

Giantsfan1080
08-23-2012, 07:23 AM
We're not keeping 8 LB's. The guy on giants.com reported that yesterday but it's very very doubtful.

bigbluedefense
08-23-2012, 07:32 AM
So I finally looked over PS Game 2. Some very quick hits:

-Ramses Barden had an awful game. The Jets are his kryptonite. He needs a strong game 3 to make this team. If not, the Barden experiment is over.

-Randle is flashing but he's not quite there just yet. Game 3 is big for determining who that 3rd WR will be.

-Bennett is flashing as a pass catcher, but not consistent. Terrific run blocker.

-Prince looked better, but he also got beat a couple of times but Sanchez and Tebow suck and couldn't identify it.

-DL is unreal.

-We have too many good LBs, it's going to be tough to make a cut here. They're all pretty much the same caliber player. It's almost like flipping a coin on the back end.

-We overrated the back end of our cb depth. Past Hosely, they're all mediocre.

-Brewer is looking better with each game. He's probably not ready this year, but maybe he can become something next year. Petrus looks dominant as usual in the run game, but still kind of sucks in pass pro.

-Locklear doesn't look terrible at LT. Honestly, I don't see how Beatty would be any better.

-Baas actually looks good. It was Snee who was getting his ass kicked in the run game. Along with our left side. Boothe is mediocre, and Locklear is an average run blocker.

Giantsfan1080
08-23-2012, 07:47 AM
From all account Baas is having a great camp also.

The CB depth is solid but I don't think anyone though the back end guys would turn into a star. They are what they are, good dime CB's who can step up for a game to play nickel if need be.

Barden is a goner I believe unfortunately.

Paysinger and Jones playe specials very well but Paysinger is the better LB which is why I'd keep him.

Bennett is going to have 50 catches this year.

Randle will be the #4 WR to start but by the 2nd half he'll be the guy over Hixon.

Jughead10
08-23-2012, 07:56 AM
I'm surprised they coaches have given Barden this much of a chance as is. Nicks injury should have been a blessing for him and he's done squat with it. Hixon should be running with the first team in Nicks' absence.

Giantsfan1080
08-23-2012, 08:03 AM
I'm surprised they coaches have given Barden this much of a chance as is. Nicks injury should have been a blessing for him and he's done squat with it. Hixon should be running with the first team in Nicks' absence.

No WR has really stepped up in the games at this point. Camp wise Barden is doing just as well as he always does. There's a disconnect somehwere.

bigbluedefense
08-23-2012, 09:28 PM
I thought Barden hasn't really separated himself from Randle or JJ in camp. Couple that with his sporadic play in the PS so far, along with his inability to play STs, and I just think the coaching staff has had enough.

Giantsfan1080
08-24-2012, 10:04 AM
I thought Barden hasn't really separated himself from Randle or JJ in camp. Couple that with his sporadic play in the PS so far, along with his inability to play STs, and I just think the coaching staff has had enough.

From all accounts Barden is doing just as well this camp as always. You don't hear a lot about it because those 2 are the newer flavors. I think everyone is sick of writing about Barden and his potential and whether or not he'll ever reach it in a Giants uniform.

Giantsfan1080
08-24-2012, 11:48 AM
I can't wait to get this in 2 weeks! That night is going to be out of control fun.

http://www.bigblueunited.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/GiantsScarvesUp1-1024x685.jpg

Giantsfan1080
08-24-2012, 02:17 PM
The following players are not scheduled to play tonight for the Giants:
24 Terrell Thomas (CB)
31 Brandon Bing (CB)
36 Jayron Hosley (CB)
44 Ahmad Bradshaw (RB)
59 Michael Boley (LB)
65 William Beatty (OT)
67 Brandon Mosley (OT)
73 Shaun Rogers (DT)
88 Hakeem Nicks (WR)
90 Jason Pierre-Paul (DE)
96 Marvin Austin (DT)
98 Adrian Tracy (DE)
PUP
47 Travis Beckum (TE)
99 Chris Canty (DT)

Forenci
08-24-2012, 02:22 PM
Even as a fan, once you start winning championships, you just want it that much more. I want five so bad, just so we can further put our names up there with the legendary franchises. Plus I want to pass the Cowboys in SB's.

scottyboy
08-24-2012, 02:31 PM
we've been so lucky to see 2, it's ridiculous and i love it

also, bummed at Bing's injury, might cost him a spot on this team

Giantsfan1080
08-24-2012, 03:01 PM
We need a 5th! I think Eli and Coughlin have 1 more in them. Then it's just the Steelers to tie. I want my scarf now also.

scottyboy
08-24-2012, 03:53 PM
where can I get one of those scarfs?

Giantsfan1080
08-24-2012, 04:26 PM
Go the Giants/Cowboys game or buy one on EBAY after it.

Giantsfan1080
08-24-2012, 08:30 PM
haha everyone who was on the bubble are making plays tonight.

Giantsfan1080
08-24-2012, 08:36 PM
1st half positives

Ramses
Rivers
Kiwi
Linval
Webster
Eli

Jones, Scott, and Herz all with great ST play. This cutdown is going to be difficult.

LTgiants
08-24-2012, 09:00 PM
It is going to be real hard for Reese to cut down to 53.

scottyboy
08-24-2012, 09:01 PM
High ankle sprain for prince . ****

Giantsfan1080
08-24-2012, 09:02 PM
The CB revolving door continues. Thank god for Webster.

BamaFalcon59
08-24-2012, 09:25 PM
David Wilson is that dude.

Giantsfan1080
08-24-2012, 09:55 PM
David Wilson is that dude.

Beastly tonight. Pinball like with great balance.

Giantsfan1080
08-24-2012, 10:23 PM
Petrus might get the boot. Kind of awful again tonight.

LTgiants
08-24-2012, 10:29 PM
Petrus might get the boot. Kind of awful again tonight.

Your going to cut Petrus for who? Our other backup line up suck as well. Who are you going to take instead Jim Cordle?

Giantsfan1080
08-24-2012, 10:38 PM
Your going to cut Petrus for who? Our other backup line up suck as well. Who are you going to take instead Jim Cordle?

No clue. I didn't say I would do it but it wouldn't surprise me. I was a big believer in him but he looks like a totally different player now.

The 2nd CB situation is what worries me the most regardless.

LTgiants
08-24-2012, 10:42 PM
No clue. I didn't say I would do it but it wouldn't surprise me. I was a big believer in him but he looks like a totally different player now.

The 2nd CB situation is what worries me the most regardless.

Unless they can get a better OL men on the waiver wire I would be surprised if Petrus was cut. Especially in favor of any of the guys we have on that 2nd/3rd string.

Ya got to hope Hosley/Prince/Thomas can recover quickly. It would not surprise me to see us pick up a CB who is cut on Monday.

BaLLiN
08-24-2012, 10:43 PM
whats the recovery time on a high ankle sprain?

Giantsfan1080
08-24-2012, 10:47 PM
whats the recovery time on a high ankle sprain?

Usually anywhere from 4-6 weeks I believe.

Giantsfan1080
08-24-2012, 11:01 PM
Mild high ankle sprain according to Coughlin so that's good news.

BaLLiN
08-25-2012, 08:14 AM
well if the x-rays are negative, wouldn't that mean it was a high ankle strain? no bone damage, just some bruising of tendon/ligament?

Giantsfan1080
08-25-2012, 09:14 AM
well if the x-rays are negative, wouldn't that mean it was a high ankle strain? no bone damage, just some bruising of tendon/ligament?

Yeah they said already it's a high ankle sprain.