PDA

View Full Version : New York Giants Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71

BaLLiN
08-25-2012, 01:44 PM
Yeah they said already it's a high ankle sprain.

wouldn't it be a high ankle strain? if xrays are negative there is no sprain... just brusing of the tendon/ligament

NY+Giants=NYG
08-25-2012, 02:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLQz02srS9I&feature=plcp

David Wilson bears highlights

Giantsfan1080
08-26-2012, 03:06 PM
Michael Coe in the #2 CB spot today at practice.

scottyboy
08-26-2012, 03:23 PM
so Coe's got a roster spot all locked up. Wonder how the rest of the CB's are gonna play out. the injuries make it really interesting

Giantsfan1080
08-26-2012, 03:26 PM
Shame Bing got hurt. Webster, Prince, Hosley, Coe, Tryon, Phillips, Rolle, Sash, Hill?

OSUGiants17
08-26-2012, 03:31 PM
Well I know every "analyst" out there thinks Molden will get a spot, but he sucks lol. Tryon or Johnson takes the last spot while Webster, Prince, Jayron, Coe, KP, Rolle, Sash and Hill are locks.

Giantsfan1080
08-26-2012, 04:08 PM
Sash was carted off at practice today. Deon Grant get near your phone.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-26-2012, 04:15 PM
I'd rather have someone else. Someone younger who can possibly develop.

Giantsfan1080
08-26-2012, 04:25 PM
I'd rather have someone else. Someone younger who can possibly develop.

We already have Hill. Can't have 2 guys like that as our only depth.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-26-2012, 04:29 PM
Of course we can. I don't want Grant. The guy is old and hasn't been to camp or what not. If we want a vet then go with someone younger, but I am done with grant. He served his purpose well. We don't need him back again.

Giantsfan1080
08-26-2012, 04:30 PM
I disagree. Injuries can happen at anytime and I don't want 2 guys runnings around deep who have no clue what there responsibilities are. I'm sure Grant has stayed in shape knowing he might sign back here.

bigbluedefense
08-26-2012, 06:04 PM
Ill welcome back Deion Grant. Hes keeping in shape. With Hill emerging, Sash is expendable anyway imo. Sash's ceiling is 3rd safety/STs player. Thats replaceable.

Giantsfan1080
08-26-2012, 08:00 PM
Very replaceable. He'll be out anyway those first 4 weeks.

BigBlueNorwegian
08-27-2012, 10:54 AM
Uh-oh! We just cut Joe Martinek and Brandon Bing! Quick everyone, hide from scotty! Here's the full list. Cuts (http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Giants-trim-roster-to-75-players/4c72b8d8-879c-449b-a8ba-9a09667d3f03)

LTgiants
08-27-2012, 11:07 AM
I think they will try and get Martinek on the practice squad.

Giantsfan1080
08-27-2012, 11:29 AM
Guys Martinek is not that good. He's not a good fit for us either.

The big move today was the Giants placing Canty on PUP. We're really going to miss him for at least the first 6 weeks. His surgery was much more complicated than they ever let on during the offseason.

scottyboy
08-27-2012, 11:34 AM
i'm more pissed we cut Bing. I really really like Bing.

le sigh :(

Giantsfan1080
08-27-2012, 11:36 AM
Once Bing got hurt that was it for him. Unfortunately with all the other CB injuries he really could have made his mark this year.

Giantsfan1080
08-27-2012, 11:37 AM
I'm really happy with the LB group we have now but boy oh boy I'd have loved to see Kuechly in a Giants unifrom. He's going to be a special player.

bigbluedefense
08-27-2012, 01:32 PM
He was my favorite player in that draft. Him and Hill did great last night. I was pretty jealous watching both of them.

Maaan, can you imagine our defense with Luke? I really wish we could have found a way to get him. I'd trade our 1st and 2nd to move up to get him in hindsight. But that probably wouldn't be enough still to get him.

Giantsfan1080
08-27-2012, 01:36 PM
I wouldn't say Hill did great last night. Had a huge drop leading to the INT. They were were my 2 favorite players in the draft also.

Sash's ankle is fine.

bigbluedefense
08-27-2012, 01:37 PM
Outside of the drop though, he had a good game. He filled the stat sheet.

Considering how raw he was coming out, I actually think he looks better than I anticipated so far this year. And that's with dog **** throwing him the ball. Imagine what he could do with Eli molding him.

Giantsfan1080
08-27-2012, 01:42 PM
I thought Sanchez played well yesterday.

bigbluedefense
08-27-2012, 01:43 PM
He still sucks though.

Giantsfan1080
08-27-2012, 01:49 PM
He still sucks though.

I don't know I still think he can be an average QB in this league. I think he takes more **** than he should. Tebow is the terrible one.

Sounds like Hosley might be back Week 1 also! Would be good to at least have him back with Prince and TT out.

Jughead10
08-27-2012, 02:02 PM
I don't know I still think he can be an average QB in this league. I think he takes more **** than he should. Tebow is the terrible one.

Sounds like Hosley might be back Week 1 also! Would be good to at least have him back with Prince and TT out.

Being better than Tebow is an empty compliment. He's bad. There is a good chance I can count on one hand the starting QBs in this league I wouldn't want more than Sanchez.

LTgiants
08-27-2012, 02:02 PM
How did I enter the Jets thread?

Giantsfan1080
08-27-2012, 02:07 PM
Everyone is better than Tebow pretty much, I never compared the 2. Sanchez still makes a lot of nice throws which leads me to believe he can be an average/game manager type QB. He needs to get away from Rex though and get with an offensive minded coach.

Giantsfan1080
08-27-2012, 02:17 PM
Boley sounds doubtful for Week 1. Good thing Rivers has looked as well as he has so far.

scottyboy
08-27-2012, 02:28 PM
well, if we look good early, it'll be minus Boley and Canty, which would be good. Getting canty back week 7 or so will be a nice boost/surprise, especially if we're playing well. especially since after the bye, our schedule is hell

Jughead10
08-27-2012, 03:00 PM
At least Witten likely will not play as well. I guess missing Boley and Witten cancels things out in a way.

scottyboy
08-27-2012, 03:37 PM
and ratliff most likely being out would be awesome too.

Giantsfan1080
08-27-2012, 03:39 PM
I think Ratliff is definitely out. Austin and Dez with nagging injuries also.

LonghornsLegend
08-27-2012, 04:04 PM
Yea Ratliff is for certain out, Witten won't be ruled out because he's a warrior and wouldn't doubt that he won't dress but he's not going to play. Austin & Dez will be fine, but you have to wonder how healthy Austin is or what type of role he'll play. They say we were just being cautious, but it's a nagging hamstring issue for a speed WR. You can be fine in pre-game warm ups but the moment you open up on a deep route you'll re-injur it or the opposite one for over compensating for it.

Dez will be fine, but his playing style is going to lead to a ton of injury reports this year, but I suspect he'll be double covered nearly everywhere he goes. I love the Boley v Witten match-up, that's quality football right there and hate that I can't see it. I expect us to force feed Demarco Murray as much as possible, and think he'll get 25 touches minimum.

Felix looks like garbage now, Austin isn't ready for a huge role, and our WR3 role will likely be a committee with a bunch of guys. Though something to keep an eye on is if Cole Beasley gets that job, he's in the Amendola mold where in that slot he's just tough to cover especially on 3rd downs.

The 2 match-ups I'll be most looking forward too now is Nicks v Carr and JPP v Tyron. Plan on dvr'ing the game and checking back on both of those 2 match-ups as they should be really fun to watch. For your offense, David Wilson is gonna be the mis match that's obvious, hopefully you guys don't put the kid gloves on with him, we never can contain those backs, ever.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-27-2012, 04:19 PM
Yea Ratliff is for certain out, Witten won't be ruled out because he's a warrior and wouldn't doubt that he won't dress but he's not going to play. Austin & Dez will be fine, but you have to wonder how healthy Austin is or what type of role he'll play. They say we were just being cautious, but it's a nagging hamstring issue for a speed WR. You can be fine in pre-game warm ups but the moment you open up on a deep route you'll re-injur it or the opposite one for over compensating for it.

Dez will be fine, but his playing style is going to lead to a ton of injury reports this year, but I suspect he'll be double covered nearly everywhere he goes. I love the Boley v Witten match-up, that's quality football right there and hate that I can't see it. I expect us to force feed Demarco Murray as much as possible, and think he'll get 25 touches minimum.

Felix looks like garbage now, Austin isn't ready for a huge role, and our WR3 role will likely be a committee with a bunch of guys. Though something to keep an eye on is if Cole Beasley gets that job, he's in the Amendola mold where in that slot he's just tough to cover especially on 3rd downs.

The 2 match-ups I'll be most looking forward too now is Nicks v Carr and JPP v Tyron. Plan on dvr'ing the game and checking back on both of those 2 match-ups as they should be really fun to watch. For your offense, David Wilson is gonna be the mis match that's obvious, hopefully you guys don't put the kid gloves on with him, we never can contain those backs, ever.

I am interested in playing you guys. Win or lose, I feel confident playing you guys now then when Parcells was there. I do want to see how you guys handle our NASCAR package where we have Kiwi, JPP, Tuck, and Osi against your OL. Someone is going to have an issue and that's without us blitzing.

If we rush 3 and drop 8, which Fewell did last season I will throw something at the tv! Our WR situation interests me. Carr may do well against Nicks because Nicks has yet to play. Cruz, Randle, and JJ will be interesting. That means Z and another slot if we go 4 wide.

I am happy to see Bennett against your team. I wonder how he will do. So far I can't say anything bad. He blocks well and has caught everything thrown to him. I think we match well against your team, and if your team is more injured than ours, then I think it will be tough especially playing away for you guys.

scottyboy
08-27-2012, 04:19 PM
i dont want kid gloves on Wilson at all. Let him loose. But I feel Ware's going to be ahead of him early. TC doesn't like rookies much. Once Bradshaw gets banged up and Ware doesn't take advantage and Wilson has a few big plays, he'll start to take over more. We're all really excited for him now.

And once BBD pointed it out I really noticed how much slower Bradshaw really looks out there. Dude's a warrior and can still make things happen, but Wilson is going to start taking a lot more touches. A nice committee we're gonna have with those 2 this year and down the road

Giantsfan1080
08-27-2012, 04:26 PM
I think Coughlin has been visibly annoyed with Ware. I'm guessing Wilson gets about 5-8 touches in the 1st game. We saw some different playcalling from Gilbride with Wilson in there. The one misdirection run that we saw was totally new for this offense.

scottyboy
08-27-2012, 04:39 PM
I think Coughlin has been visibly annoyed with Ware. I'm guessing Wilson gets about 5-8 touches in the 1st game. We saw some different playcalling from Gilbride with Wilson in there. The one misdirection run that we saw was totally new for this offense.

that misdirection toss play was awesome. totally new wrinkle to our O. I also love how Eli went right to the rookie on the pass play after he had 2 straight long runs

BigBlueNorwegian
08-27-2012, 04:45 PM
that misdirection toss play was awesome. totally new wrinkle to our O. I also love how Eli went right to the rookie on the pass play after he had 2 straight long runs

This. When I saw that play, I got sooo excited, because we've never seen that from our offense before. I always watch other teams with creative running attacks, and come away very jealous of their creativeness! If we can incorporate some more of this in our offense, we would be pretty darn good with Eli and his WRs as well!

Giantsfan1080
08-27-2012, 05:09 PM
I have no doubts we're going to score a lot of points this year. If the D plays like it did in the playoffs then we'll be having a lot of fun drunken Sundays.

Forenci
08-27-2012, 05:50 PM
Yeah, I'm excited about what Wilson brings to the table. His playing time will probably be determined by whether or not he fumbles and if he can block.

Jughead10
08-28-2012, 10:07 AM
http://deadspin.com/5938121/why-your-team-sucks-2012-new-york-jets?tag=why-your-team-sucks-2012

BigBlueNorwegian
08-28-2012, 12:17 PM
http://deadspin.com/5938121/why-your-team-sucks-2012-new-york-jets?tag=why-your-team-sucks-2012

"I have been a Jets fan my entire life, and when people ask me what team I hate the most, the only honest answer is: the ******* Jets."

"-This offseason, instead of signing a safety with some coverage skills or a right tackle who isn't nicknamed "EZPass," they choose to trade for Tim Tebow and hire the architect of the Miami Dolphins offense. The only saving grace is that Nick Folk is so ****** that Sparano will hardly have an opportunity to pull a running fist pump after every ******* field goal."

This is ******* hilarious, hahahah! Those are exerpts from two of the fan e-mails, which really cracked me up :)

I'm kind of looking forward to reading the Giants one as well!

Giantsfan1080
08-28-2012, 01:39 PM
The NFC East ones will be funny. Lots of stuff to pick on.

LTgiants
08-28-2012, 03:15 PM
Seriously why is this place full of Jets **** now?

Jughead10
08-28-2012, 03:19 PM
Seriously why is this place full of Jets **** now?

In an incredibly awesome way, the Giants are kind of boring. Which I like. But at the same time it is quite fun to bring up the clusterfuck that is the NY Jets currently.

Giantsfan1080
08-28-2012, 03:48 PM
In an incredibly awesome way, the Giants are kind of boring. Which I like. But at the same time it is quite fun to bring up the clusterfuck that is the NY Jets currently.

Pretty much this.

It hasn't been that much anyway. It's been a few posts on 2 pages.

LonghornsLegend
08-28-2012, 04:16 PM
And once BBD pointed it out I really noticed how much slower Bradshaw really looks out there. Dude's a warrior and can still make things happen, but Wilson is going to start taking a lot more touches. A nice committee we're gonna have with those 2 this year and down the road

I noticed this too. I don't want to take anything away from Bradshaw and he should still be really good this year, but it was really obvious in the difference in burst and explosion between the two. There are probably still a bunch of things Bradshaw does better, but if Wilson shows he can be a solid pass protector I see no reason to not shift more to a RBBC like you guys used to do. Wilson strikes me as the type of guy who doesn't need 20-25 touches to make his presence felt, and if you can conistently find 15 creative ways to put the ball in his hands good things will happen. I'd be willing to bet if he gets more then 10 touches opening night he'll break off a long one.

I always liked Wilson, think he's the best RB since Kevin Jones to come out of VTech and maybe a better prospect then him, the speed and explosion was expected but the balance, power, and patience were all a big surprise and those are things you expected to come with time, not right out of the gate. The fact that he's got those traits to boot could mean trouble for the division.

I am interested in playing you guys. Win or lose, I feel confident playing you guys now then when Parcells was there. I do want to see how you guys handle our NASCAR package where we have Kiwi, JPP, Tuck, and Osi against your OL. Someone is going to have an issue and that's without us blitzing.

I'm glad you brought that up because since I've had some time to see it more often, is this anything new you guys are doing or did Spags run this when he was here? Maybe it just had a different name but the same formation? None the less, your D-line should destroy our offensive line. I love Tyron but that's all we have and Free has even downgraded his play at RT from a few years ago, now he's just 'solid'. The only mis-match we can try to exploit is quick drop backs and hope our WR's can make plays against your DB's since you've had some injuries there.

Thing about Garrett is he always wants to do these deep drops in his offense, 5 and 7 steps, then Romo wants to spin out of stuff and make a magician move. Sometimes it turns into TD's but when facing a strong pass rush it can more often then not end up in a terrible turnover. If we get down early, where we can't utilize Murray as much, and your D-line can just tee it up after the QB it'll get ugly fast.

I would expect a bunch of 3 step drop backs, screens, draws, and then a combination of them all over again before going deep. It's the only chance we have to neatrulize the pass rush and give our line any sort of chance at holding their blocks.

Giantsfan1080
08-28-2012, 04:36 PM
We did the same thing under Spags with Strahan instead of JPP. Spags called it his 4 Aces package.

bigbluedefense
08-28-2012, 04:38 PM
Spags blitzed more with that package on the field though. Plus he had better stunts in my opinion.

Fewell's blitz packages suck. They take forever to develop, and they are long wide angles.

I miss Spags.

Giantsfan1080
08-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Me too. Our blitzes start from the 3rd level almost always. Even the LB's will drop back a few steps before they blitz a good half of the time.

Giantsfan1080
08-28-2012, 07:48 PM
Garafolo is leaving to go to USA Today. :(

bigbluedefense
08-28-2012, 09:04 PM

Nooooo!!

He's the best! BY FAR!

I don't even waste my time with anyone else. ****. I'm stuck with Vachianno now? I guess my man Ohm is gonna have to hold us down. PDot is a little too biased even though he gives us good info.

Giantsfan1080
08-28-2012, 09:55 PM
Plus Dottino doesn't write. He's all radio/TV/Twitter. It sucks.

Rosebud
08-29-2012, 12:42 AM
Just reading the Why the Bears suck and this just had me in tears:

"Lovie Smith belongs on the bizarro Mount Rushmore of active NFL head coaches (Reid, Turner, Lewis) who are seemingly impervious to unemployment despite their best efforts to **** their own team in the ass on a regular basis. Part of me would like to see the NFL give each team five timeouts per half just so I could see how Lovie wastes them. No one is better at taking a timeout to figure out whether or not he wants to throw a challenge flag on a four-yard completion than Lovie Smith."

BigBlueNorwegian
08-29-2012, 08:16 AM

WTF!!! Now I don't have anyone to read Giants news from! Some suggestions please? I used to read Vacchiano, but he's too busy promoting himself and his stupid book. I need good, in-depth practice reports and game reports. this is ******* terrible news.

Giantsfan1080
08-29-2012, 08:19 AM
Ohm on ESPNNewYork is probably the best left now. No one gives game reports like Garafolo though.

He'll still be covering the Giants for the USA Today but he's also going to be covering the Jets and Eagles also. He's keeping his SNY gig as well.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-29-2012, 10:16 AM
Everyone has left! It's like their success covering our team launches them to national jobs.

Mike G
Aditi K.
Kimberly Jones

Giantsfan1080
08-29-2012, 10:46 AM
Aditi started as a Rutgers reporter and she was excellent. I saw her on the NFL Network recently.

Kim Jones made her name covering the Yanks more so than the Giants though.

If you're a good writer in the NY/NJ area you're going to get noticed by the major players nationally.

Rosebud
08-29-2012, 10:50 AM
Similar to how any competent Coordinator we have will get at least some HC interviews after a couple of times. Greater exposure leads to more people trying to take you away from the Gmen.

Giantsfan1080
08-29-2012, 10:52 AM
Exactly. I'm guessing Perry will be gone after this year if the D plays as well as it did in the playoffs.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-29-2012, 11:17 AM
Aditi started as a Rutgers reporter and she was excellent. I saw her on the NFL Network recently.

Kim Jones made her name covering the Yanks more so than the Giants though.

If you're a good writer in the NY/NJ area you're going to get noticed by the major players nationally.

Yeah I vaguely remember her covering the Yankees now that I think about it. I don't follow baseball or any other sport except NFL. And def. don't like the Yanks or Mets, so I wouldn't see her except for Giants stuff or when she is on the WFAN.

But yeah a good writer covering a major team will get noticed. From a giants fan perspective, all 3 covered the Giants so that's why I said that. I don't really know much of them before they covered our team.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-29-2012, 03:08 PM
HAHA funny article!

New York Giants QB Forrest Gump Remarkably Wins a Second Super Bowl

http://www.sportspickle.com/news/9864/new-york-giants-qb-forrest-gump-remarkably-wins-a-second-super-bowl

undefined - Image 1
Forrest Gump, the naive, slow-witted, Southern simpleton and starting quarterback of the New York Giants, has accomplished another remarkable feat by winning his second Super Bowl.

"He may not seem like the brightest bulb, but there's a goodness to him," said Giants head coach Tom Coughlin. "And I love him for it. I wish more people were as quote-unquote 'dumb' as he is. The world would be a better place."

Gump was a star football player in the SEC, a war hero, a shrimp fishing company executive and has met two presidents. He also remarkably didn't get AIDS from his whorish longtime love, Jenny. Now he joins a select company of NFL quarterbacks who have won two Super Bowl titles.

"I can't believe we lost twice in the Super Bowl to a goddam ******," said Patriots head coach Bill Belichick.

But it's mean-spirited comments like Belichick's that Gump has let roll off his shoulders, or were simply not heard by his doltish brain, throughout his life.

"My mama Olivia always says: 'Life is like a box of chocolates,'" Gump said on the podium after being named MVP. "I hope this trophy is made of chocolate," he added and then attempted to take a bite, breaking a tooth.

With a talented veteran roster that has won two of the past four Super Bowls, the Giants hope Gump will be back next year to try to repeat. But they never know where their quarterback's remarkable life will take him next.

"You never know with Forrest," says his longtime friend Lieutenant Dan. "His life is like a feather on the wind."

Gump is reportedly considering an offer to mow the grass at a nearby high school for free.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-29-2012, 03:10 PM
http://www.sportspickle.com/opinion/9821/the-many-faces-and-emotions-of-eli-manning

The Many Faces and Emotions of Eli Manning

http://www.sportspickle.com/opinion/9821/the-many-faces-and-emotions-of-eli-manning

NY+Giants=NYG
08-29-2012, 03:59 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000055891/article/quarterback-power-rankings-rodgers-reigns-supreme?module=HP11_content_stream

NFL.com QB rankings article.

Here are some stats posted on BBI.

109 -- Passing attempts of longer than 20 yards by Eli Manning in 2011, 20 more than the next quarterback in the deep-ball rankings.

88.5 -- Percentage of drop-backs on which Eli Manning was pressured but avoided being sacked, the best escape rate in the league (minimum: 100 pressures).

220 -- League-high number of plays on which Giants linemen allowed such pressure, 15 more than any other team.

All of that gives you even more info on how good Manning was last season, and how bad the offensive line was. It makes the 4,933 yards passing and all of those comebacks seem even more amazing..

BigBlueNorwegian
08-29-2012, 05:00 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000055891/article/quarterback-power-rankings-rodgers-reigns-supreme?module=HP11_content_stream

NFL.com QB rankings article.

Here are some stats posted on BBI.

109 -- Passing attempts of longer than 20 yards by Eli Manning in 2011, 20 more than the next quarterback in the deep-ball rankings.

88.5 -- Percentage of drop-backs on which Eli Manning was pressured but avoided being sacked, the best escape rate in the league (minimum: 100 pressures).

220 -- League-high number of plays on which Giants linemen allowed such pressure, 15 more than any other team.

All of that gives you even more info on how good Manning was last season, and how bad the offensive line was. It makes the 4,933 yards passing and all of those comebacks seem even more amazing..

What the hell? That nfl.com article is a horrible ranking for Eli. Cam better than Eli after one season? Really? I would put Eli before Peyton as of right now as well. Nobody knows how good Peyton will truly be after the neck problems.

Eli-Roethlisberger is an interesting discussion. I would give the nod to Eli, but then again, I'm biased and don't get to see Big Ben as much as Eli.

But Eli should definetly switch places with Cam.

And those stats are indeed remarkable. Shows just how good Eli was last year.

Giantsfan1080
08-29-2012, 05:56 PM
Let everyone keep hating on Eli. As fans we'll just keep laughing.

bigbluedefense
08-29-2012, 05:56 PM
I'm gonna miss Garafolo's practice reports and game summaries. No beat writer broke down games and practices like he did. He had an understanding of the game that most beat writers don't display. You can tell he either played or coached this game at some point in his career. Not NFL level, but he's definitely a football guy and his insight was great.

And he was the best when it came to knowing inside sources during the draft. He always got us good dirt on who we were interested in prior to draft day.

It's gonna be hard replacing Garafolo. He was hands down our best beat writer.

bigbluedefense
08-29-2012, 06:19 PM
Can we please get these starters off the field? No need for them to be out there.

And our run blocking blows.

Giantsfan1080
08-29-2012, 06:25 PM
Petrus can't pass protect for ****.

Coughlin said the starters might play a whole quarter which had me surprised. I guess our game is a week from tonight?

Linval, Williams, Rivers, Coe all looking very good so far. Rolle had a very nice open field tackle.

Giantsfan1080
08-29-2012, 06:27 PM
Ojomo is our next very good pass rusher! I love this guy's motor and strength.

BigBlueNorwegian
08-29-2012, 06:37 PM
WTF was that throw by Eli? Sort of lobbed it carelessly when Cruz was wide open. Oh well, It's preseason.

Giantsfan1080
08-29-2012, 06:38 PM
WTF was that throw by Eli? Sort of lobbed it carelessly when Cruz was wide open. Oh well, It's preseason.

He read it wrong. Very rare type of mistake from Eli. I also think he going to Unicorn but it just so happened Cruz was wide open in the same area. Mistake from Eli none-the-less.

BaLLiN
08-29-2012, 06:52 PM
Eli hasn't looked too good so far

Forenci
08-29-2012, 06:55 PM
Eli hasn't looked too good so far

Cue BBD saying he's worried about Eli.

Just kidding.

LTgiants
08-29-2012, 07:05 PM
Weatherford is a beast.

BaLLiN
08-29-2012, 07:28 PM
jernigan is a damn good blocker for a tiny guy. That 2nd/3rd ground OL is garbage. McCants should get cut, he looks horrid

Giantsfan1080
08-29-2012, 07:38 PM
Petrus and McCants ouch tonight.

Giantsfan1080
08-29-2012, 07:45 PM
I think Barden had locked his spot up the last 2 weeks.

The 3 guys I most want on the PS that I'm afraid of losing are Douglas, Ojomo, and Broha.

BaLLiN
08-29-2012, 08:03 PM
QB: Manning, Carr
RB: Bradshaw, Wilson, Ware, Scott, Brown
FB: Hynoski
WR: Nicks, Cruz, Hixon, Randle, Barden, Jernigan
TE: Bennett, Pascoe, Robinson
LT: Locklear, Beatty
LG: Boothe
C: Baas
RG: Snee, Petrus
RT: Diehl, Brewer

DE: Tuck, Pierre-Paul, Umenyiora, Tracy
DT: Joseph, Bernard, Austin, Hendricks
WLB: Boley, Rivers, Williams, Paysinger
MLB: Blackburn, Herzlich, Jones
SLB: Kiwanuka
CB: Webster, Amukamara, Coe, Hosley, Tryon
S: Phillips, Rolle, Hill, Sash

K: Tynes
P: Weatherford
LS: DeOssie

I really hope we pick up a backup OL

Giantsfan1080
08-29-2012, 08:04 PM
Thomas won't go to IR. There is now way we keep all 5 RB's plus Hynoski. Zero chance on that. Sash won't count against the 53 right away so you can put someone else there instead of him.

BaLLiN
08-29-2012, 08:17 PM
Thomas won't go to IR. There is now way we keep all 5 RB's plus Hynoski. Zero chance on that. Sash won't count against the 53 right away so you can put someone else there instead of him.

they aren't doing the IR designation where they can come back if possible? even if not, thomas would go on the PUP right? Brown has run well today, and Scott has shown too much to cut too. Ware is good in pass pro and has a little veteran savvy.

Giantsfan1080
08-29-2012, 08:23 PM
they aren't doing the IR designation where they can come back if possible? even if not, thomas would go on the PUP right? Brown has run well today, and Scott has shown too much to cut too. Ware is good in pass pro and has a little veteran savvy.

Correct the new IR rule was never passed. Thomas can't go on PUP because he practiced during camp. It would either be 53 man or IR for him. No way he keep 5. We've never done that and there are more important players at other positions to keep.

Giantsfan1080
08-29-2012, 08:24 PM

Correct the new IR rule was never passed. Thomas can't go on PUP because he practiced during camp. It would either be 53 man or IR for him. No way he keep 5. We've never done that and there are more important players at other positions to keep.

BaLLiN
08-29-2012, 08:28 PM
well brown just fumbled, he's probably cut now... :/

bigbluedefense
08-29-2012, 08:37 PM
We have some tough cuts to make. I honestly don't know which LB to cut. All of them look the same. All of them look good.

Jernigan sucks. I knew he was Sinorice Moss part 2. Barden saved his job. He's probably our #3 vs Dallas. Honestly, I didn't see enough from Doughlas to justify keeping him on the 53. He's a PS player.

McCants is PS. He's raw. Petrus...wth happened? He looks like a completely different player. I don't get it. He's been awful this year.

I hope we can keep the DE, #71 on the PS. If we were able to stash Adrian Tracy maybe we can stash this guy for a year too.

Tryon looks solid. So does Coe. But the main standouts to me today is our LB core. I really don't know who to cut there.

I think Brown should be kept over Scott. It's close, but Brown is more reliable.

We might have to stash some guys on IR with ghost injuries to keep them from getting snatched up. Like how we did with Mosely.

Giantsfan1080
08-29-2012, 08:41 PM
71 is Ojomo. He's definitely not making it to the PS

Douglas won't make it there either even though he didn't do much in game action.

I like Scott's quickness and agility more but I'm fine if it's Brown over him.

Our secondary depth held up nice but we need everyone back as ASAP in the passing NFL.

Giantsfan1080
08-29-2012, 08:46 PM
Ojomo again!!!

BaLLiN
08-29-2012, 08:50 PM
BBD, jernigan has looked good on blocks and he made a big big play with a sick move on a guy that couldve tackled him before the first on a third and long broken play

BaLLiN
08-29-2012, 08:51 PM
oh and Ojomo isnt making it to the PS, him and tracy should just be kept

bigbluedefense
08-29-2012, 08:53 PM
71 is Ojomo. He's definitely not making it to the PS

Douglas won't make it there either even though he didn't do much in game action.

I like Scott's quickness and agility more but I'm fine if it's Brown over him.

Our secondary depth held up nice but we need everyone back as ASAP in the passing NFL.

I think Douglas will be fine on the PS. He didn't make enough plays in the PS for anyone to steal him. Ojomo might not make it. Hopefully he gets a "hamstring" injury after this game and gets IR'd.

Giantsfan1080
08-29-2012, 08:53 PM
We need to keep Ojomo! Cuts on Friday will be tough.

Giantsfan1080
08-29-2012, 08:55 PM
I think Douglas will be fine on the PS. He didn't make enough plays in the PS for anyone to steal him. Ojomo might not make it. Hopefully he gets a "hamstring" injury after this game and gets IR'd.

You might be right about Douglas but I wouldn't even want to risk it.

Ojomo looks like he could help this year. I'd like him to make the 53.

BaLLiN
Scott has too many good attributes and has shown flashes, Brown has been only really good this game.

Rosebud
I'm for keeping Ojomo and Tracy behind JPP, Tuck n Osi.

BaLLiN
08-29-2012, 08:56 PM
Is Tracy still actually injured though?

bigbluedefense
08-29-2012, 08:57 PM
BBD, jernigan has looked good on blocks and he made a big big play with a sick move on a guy that couldve tackled him before the first on a third and long broken play

Looked good on blocks...whoopidy ******* doo.

And his 1 pass play was a broken play. That doesn't count.

He sucks.

He'll only make the 53 bc he's only a 2nd year player. But we're not in the position to keep ****** players and lose better ones with how deep our roster is.

BaLLiN
figure it like this, Tuck doubles as a DT. that means that with the way our DT health has been, we dont have to worry as much because we'll have a DE/DT extra

Jughead10
Osi is gone next year. We need to find a way to keep Ojomo.

BaLLiN
08-29-2012, 09:00 PM
Looked good on blocks...whoopidy ******* doo.

And his 1 pass play was a broken play. That doesn't count.

He sucks.

He'll only make the 53 bc he's only a 2nd year player. But we're not in the position to keep ****** players and lose better ones with how deep our roster is.

against the Jags he had a TD but was severely armbarred in the endzone. He does all of the things he should do, except fight the defenders back. He runs great stems on his routes, he finishes blocks, he comes back to the qb. He just needs the opportunities

Giantsfan1080
08-29-2012, 09:01 PM
Jernigan should be cut but he won't.

Call me crazy but I'd keep Ojomo over Tracy. If we keep both fine but it's going to have to come from a CB spot.

bigbluedefense
08-29-2012, 09:03 PM

Call me crazy but I'd keep Ojomo over Tracy. If we keep both fine but it's going to have to come from a CB spot.

I rather keep Tracy. Don't forget how good Tracy looked. And Tracy played with tougher competition.

But I really want to keep both. Who do we cut though to keep both?

If our OL wasn't so awful, I'd be tempted to cut one.

BaLLiN
08-29-2012, 09:03 PM

are you sure Thomas can't be PUP'ed?

Giantsfan1080
08-29-2012, 09:04 PM
Ojomo played all game today and was great throughout. Great motor and quickness. Looks a little Osi-like.

Send McCants also to PS? Also depends on Rogers, Thomas, Austin, and the other possible IR guys.

Giantsfan1080
08-29-2012, 09:05 PM
are you sure Thomas can't be PUP'ed?

100% positive. As soon as you take 1 snap at any practice during camp you become immediately ineligible for PS.

BaLLiN
08-29-2012, 09:06 PM
I rather keep Tracy. Don't forget how good Tracy looked. And Tracy played with tougher competition.

But I really want to keep both. Who do we cut though to keep both?

If our OL wasn't so awful, I'd be tempted to cut one.

well the thing is we have 3 backups for 5 OL spots, so we can't. DeOssie only being a LS kills us here

Giantsfan1080
08-29-2012, 09:07 PM
DeOssie is on pretty much every tackle on ST. Very underrated only because people are mad he didn't make it at LB.

bigbluedefense
08-29-2012, 09:08 PM
McCants is gonna be PS anyway. I'd say IR Robinson if we weren't so thin at TE.

We got away with 3 RBs on the roster in the past. We might have to bite the bullet and do that again so we keep him. At the end of the day, RBs are easy to find.

Giantsfan1080
08-29-2012, 09:10 PM
What 3 RB's then?

Bradshaw, Ware, and Wilson?

Jughead10
08-29-2012, 09:10 PM
DeOssie is on pretty much every tackle on ST. Very underrated only because people are mad he didn't make it at LB.

Agreed. His longevity has warranted the pick. How many fourth rounders from that draft are out of the NFL?

Jughead10
08-29-2012, 09:11 PM
What 3 RB's then?

Bradshaw, Ware, and Wilson?

Brown is eligible for the PS again. Scott is not.

Rosebud
08-29-2012, 09:12 PM
I would keep Scott over Ware.

Giantsfan1080
08-29-2012, 09:12 PM
Brown is eligible for the PS again. Scott is not.

Would you roll the dice on Bradshaw, Wilson, and Scott then? No Ware worries me even though he is the definition of JAG.

BaLLiN
08-29-2012, 09:15 PM
so we're going to keep 3 RB's when Bradshaw is often injured, and the three options for the 3rd spot have had their share of injuries as well?

Rosebud
Would you roll the dice on Bradshaw, Wilson, and Scott then? No Ware worries me even though he is the definition of JAG.

Bradshaw is our JAG runner now. No need to duplicate that when we can grab another guy who can be dynamic. If Brown makes it to the PS I wouldn't even worry about our depth.

bigbluedefense
No, it's gotta be Bradshaw, Ware and Wilson.

Once Wilson gets up to speed, you'll give 2 shits about Scott and Brown. Don't worry about it. Put Brown on the PS, cut Scott.

If someone picks them up, big deal. RBs are easy to replace. None of them are Adrian Peterson. We'll be ok.

Jughead10
08-29-2012, 09:16 PM

I like Ware. He does all the little things. I even liked him on kick returns and kind of wonder why he hasn't gotten more of a chance there. But Scott looks like he can help on specials as well. It might come down who can we trust with Eli's health more, and that is probably Ware.

bigbluedefense
08-29-2012, 09:17 PM
Bradshaw is our JAG runner now. No need to duplicate that when we can grab another guy who can be dynamic. If Brown makes it to the PS I wouldn't even worry about our depth.

Can't. When you have a 100 million dollar qb, pass protection is more important. We need to keep Ware in case Bradshaw goes down, we still have a RB who can be trusted in pass pro.

Let's temper expectations on Scott. He's not some stud RB. He's ok, but nothing to lose any sleep over. There will be plenty of fast RBs available in the draft guys. If we lose him, big deal.

Giantsfan1080
08-29-2012, 09:19 PM
I'm not losing sleep over Scott if he goes but just looking towards his possible upsides towards the others.

Bradshaw, Wilson, Ware is fine for me if we're keeping both Tracy and Ojomo.

Jughead10
08-29-2012, 09:22 PM
Plus if we cut Ware, what are we going to run for a 2pt conversion?

Jughead10
08-29-2012, 09:24 PM
Also, let's be honest, we're going to be a bottom third rushing team again. I haven't seen anything that has made me believe otherwise. I'd be happy for 25-22nd right now instead of dead last.

Rosebud
08-29-2012, 09:24 PM

Draw to Hynoski?

Giantsfan1080
08-29-2012, 09:25 PM
Let's not forget Broha at DE has looked mighty impressive also. I don't know who scouts these guys but he's the one to keep.

Giantsfan1080
08-29-2012, 09:26 PM

Truthiness.

BaLLiN
08-29-2012, 09:31 PM
Broha seems like he's destine to be on PS, I still can't see how we only keep 3 RBs with Bradshaw and any of Ware, Scott, or Brown being the 3rd. They all have trouble staying healthy

Rosebud
08-29-2012, 09:32 PM
Pass Blocking isn't that hard, Scott's been with us long enough to learn how to pick up a blitz well enough to get us by when Bradshaw gets hurt.

Jughead10
08-29-2012, 09:34 PM
Pass Blocking isn't that hard, Scott's been with us long enough to learn how to pick up a blitz well enough to get us by when Bradshaw gets hurt.

What? It's only the hardest thing a RB can learn to do. Adrian Peterson still can't do it.

Giantsfan1080
08-29-2012, 09:38 PM
Scott only played in like 1 game last year and it was for 5 snaps. I don't remember any blocks from him.

Jacobs and Bradshaw are 2 of the best pass protecting RB's in the NFL. It's an obvious emphasis from the staff.

Rosebud
08-29-2012, 09:41 PM
What? It's only the hardest thing a RB can learn to do. Adrian Peterson still can't do it.

Mostly because guys have never had to do it before the NFL, but the giants have been teaching running backs how to block for too long to say that it's the hardest thing for a RB to learn and one expception doesn't change it. I think it's much tougher to teach someone how to catch than it is to block, even if rookies usually have more experience catching the ball and so usually start off better at it. But I firmly believe that a guy who can't block or catch will learn to block before he learns to catch.

Jughead10
08-29-2012, 09:47 PM
Mostly because guys have never had to do it before the NFL, but the giants have been teaching running backs how to block for too long to say that it's the hardest thing for a RB to learn and one expception doesn't change it. I think it's much tougher to teach someone how to catch than it is to block, even if rookies usually have more experience catching the ball and so usually start off better at it. But I firmly believe that a guy who can't block or catch will learn to block before he learns to catch.

I agree, kind of. A guy who can't catch won't even be drafted unless he does something else extremely special. Because stone hands are stone hands and you can't fix that. But the notion that every player can learn to block I think is false. Especially for a 2nd year player with little experience. Scott hasn't shown enough in my opinion to take that risk.

bigbluedefense
08-29-2012, 10:10 PM
Like I said...you don't risk your 100 million dollar qb on the potential of a 7th round pick. It's all fun n games until Eli is motionless on the floor.

I want the guy I can trust out there.

Forenci
08-29-2012, 10:14 PM
Haha lots of Ojomo love. Good to hear. I haven't been able to see the pre-season games because of where I live but I am insanely pumped for the season opener. Not seeing the PS actually sort of builds the anticipation even more for me, having not seen them at all.

BigBlueNorwegian
08-30-2012, 05:45 AM
QB: Manning, Carr (2)
RB: Bradshaw, Wilson, Ware, (3)
FB: Hynoski (1)
WR: Nicks, Cruz, Hixon, Randle, Barden, Jernigan (6)
TE: Bennett, Pascoe, Robinson (3)
LT: Locklear, Beatty (2)
LG: Boothe/OL-free agent (2)
C: Baas (1)
RG: Snee, Petrus (2)
RT: Diehl, Brewer (2)

Total offense: (24)

DE: Tuck, Pierre-Paul, Umenyiora, Tracy, Ojomo (5)
DT: Joseph, Bernard, Austin, Hendricks (4)
WLB: Boley, Rivers, Williams, Paysinger (4)
MLB: Blackburn, Herzlich, (2)
SLB: Kiwanuka (1)
CB: Webster, Amukamara, Coe, Hosley, Tryon, Thomas (6)
S: Phillips, Rolle, Hill, Sash (4)

Total Defense: (26)

K: Tynes
P: Weatherford
LS: DeOssie

Total ST: (3)

The first 4 games, where Sash is suspended, keep a depth CB/safety. Could be Grant, a Waiver pick-up or someone already on the team. See how he performs. If he's better than Sash, then we cut Sash. Either way we don't have to make that call until week 5.

That's my 53. The biggest cuts are Greg Jones, Da'rel Scott and Andre Brown.
We just try to sneak Douglas and Broha on the PS. Same with the German dude(forgetting his name, but I like him as well). McCants goes on PS as well.

If we Can't, well tough luck. We have too many players who objectively deserves a roster spot, and we can't keep them all. That's life as one of the better drafting and scouting teams in the NFL. Some teams will get good players in Jones, Douglas, Scott and Brown. Players who can stick to a roster in the NFL and make a difference. But we can't keep 'em all.

I really like this team, talent-wise. We are deep at almost every position. Let's just pray for a relatively injury-free season, and we'll be a contender once again.

bigbluedefense
08-30-2012, 08:19 AM
I like this roster^

I think we'll have a couple of surprise cuts that we didn't see coming. But I would be very pleased if that's how the roster turns out.

My sleeper cut is Petrus. He can only play G and he's been god awful in pass protection. He's making himself a bubble player.

BaLLiN
08-30-2012, 10:49 AM
the new IR rule just got approved, that player designated to IR can be added back to the roster in week 8

Jughead10
08-30-2012, 11:01 AM
the new IR rule just got approved, that player designated to IR can be added back to the roster in week 8

This may end that Scott/Ware discussion. Can likely keep them both now.

bigbluedefense
08-30-2012, 11:09 AM
Sounds like Thomas is a lock to go on IR then.

Giantsfan1080
08-30-2012, 11:13 AM
I think Kuhn makes it to the 53 over Hendricks.

Giantsfan1080
08-30-2012, 11:24 AM
I was just listening to PDot and he thinks Ojomo makes the team but takes Tracy's spot. He says the Giants really don't want to carry more than 4 DE's.

Giantsfan1080
08-30-2012, 12:02 PM
All the players sound very hopefull about their injuries.

Hosley says he'll be back by Week 1
Prince says Week 2
Tracy says he feels great

Giantsfan1080
08-30-2012, 12:39 PM
Finally the NFC EAST:

http://deadspin.com/5938903/why-your-team-sucks-2012-philadelphia-eagles

Jughead10
08-30-2012, 12:42 PM
Finally the NFC EAST:

http://deadspin.com/5938903/why-your-team-sucks-2012-philadelphia-eagles

They went soft on Philly. Could have been so much worse, or better depending on how you look at it.

Giantsfan1080
08-30-2012, 12:51 PM
The fans emails were funny. The drive one especially.

BaLLiN
08-30-2012, 03:16 PM
I think Kuhn makes it to the 53 over Hendricks.

Really? after Hendricks looked like a beast?

I was just listening to PDot and he thinks Ojomo makes the team but takes Tracy's spot. He says the Giants really don't want to carry more than 4 DE's.

Well with 2 of our DE's injured atm i could see 5 kept, but in all likelyhood itll be 4 and one is IR'ed.

All the players sound very hopefull about their injuries.

Hosley says he'll be back by Week 1
Prince says Week 2
Tracy says he feels great

What about austin?

Giantsfan1080
08-30-2012, 03:49 PM
I haven't heard anything about Austin.

Hendricks has played about average. Kuhn also. I'd like to keep them both around whether it's 53 or PS.

Giantsfan1080
08-30-2012, 04:03 PM
Interesting:

Coughlin gives me something to chew on before projected roster by saying Da'Rel Scott + Andre Brown "distinguished themselves" last nt. #nyg

Giantsfan1080
08-30-2012, 04:37 PM
On Austin:

On DT Marvin Austin's back: I don’t have any more clarity. I know there’s optimism. I don’t know how long. For Marvin, that they would continue to feel like it was necessary to hold him. I know I can understand the longer the better. But it’s a little bit frustrating because of the lack of time he had to spend on the field during preseason and that definitely, definitely is going to prevent him from being where he should be once he comes off the injury. There are some issues that have to be dealt with there."

Giantsfan1080
08-30-2012, 05:23 PM
Garafolo's final projected roster:

MIKE GARAFOLO'S ROSTER PROJECTION

OFFENSE (25)

QB: Eli Manning, David Carr

RB: Ahmad Bradshaw, David Wilson, Andre Brown, Da’Rel Scott

FB: Henry Hynoski

WR: Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, Domenik Hixon, Rueben Randle, Ramses Barden, Jerrel Jernigan

TE: Martellus Bennett, Bear Pascoe, Adrien Robinson

C: David Baas, Jim Cordle

G: Kevin Boothe, Chris Snee, Mitch Petrus

T: Will Beatty, David Diehl, Sean Locklear, James Brewer

DEFENSE (25)

DE: Jason Pierre-Paul, Justin Tuck, Osi Umenyiora, Adewale Ojomo

DT: Linval Joseph, Rocky Bernard, Marvin Austin, Marcus Thomas

LB: Michael Boley, Chase Blackburn, Mathias Kiwanuka, Mark Herzlich, Keith Rivers, Greg Jones, Spencer Paysinger, Jacquian Williams

CB: Corey Webster, Prince Amukamara, Terrell Thomas, Michael Coe, Jayron Hosley, Justin Tryon

S: Antrel Rolle, Kenny Phillips, Will Hill

SPECIALISTS (3)

K: Lawrence Tynes

P: Steve Weatherford

LS: Zak DeOssie

CUTS QB Ryan Perrilloux RB D.J. Ware WR Isaiah Stanback WR Dan DePalma WR David Douglas TE Larry Donnell C Chris White OL Selvish Capers OG Stephen Goodin OT Matt McCants DE Craig Marshall DE Matt Broha DE Adrian Tracy DT Markus Kuhn DT Shaun Rogers DT Dwayne Hendricks LB Jake Muasau CB Dante Hughes CB Bruce Johnson DB Laron Scott S Tyler Sash (reserve/suspended) S Stevie Brown

Giantsfan1080
08-30-2012, 05:24 PM
No Hendricks, Kuhn, Tracy, Ware, McCants, Douglas on his guess.

BigBlueNorwegian
08-31-2012, 04:25 AM
I really don't see the need to keep 8 linebackers on the team, when we are probably going to play with only two of them on the field for much of the season in different formations. The only reason is that we're very deep in that position, but that shouldn't force the coaches to weaken one of our other positions. I'd rather carry a 5th DE or DT, than an 8th linebacker.

We are also injury-prone in our defensive backfield, so I would rather carry a fourth safety than a back-up C like Cordle. Boothe can play Center if Baas goes down.

Giantsfan1080
08-31-2012, 07:34 AM
Looks like we have our first cut of the day. We hardly knew you Marcus Thomas.

MarcusThomas_79 (Player) It was fun working with a great organization like the giants and for y'all giant fans I could only imagine if I started my career here

Giantsfan1080
08-31-2012, 07:40 AM
Matt Broha asked to join Giants PS. We'll see if another team claims him.

bigbluedefense
08-31-2012, 08:42 AM
I'm curious to see if we keep Tracy, #71, or both. I'd like to keep both honestly. I like both a lot.

But how do we keep 6 DEs? (Kiwi is a DE in my eyes). It's unjustified to keep so many DEs.

I'd hate to lose either though. Especially since if both can contribute this year, it will go a long way in keeping our pass rush rotation fresh for a deep playoff run.

Giantsfan1080
08-31-2012, 08:42 AM
Ohm reporting Greg Jones might have been cut.

Giantsfan1080
08-31-2012, 08:43 AM
I'm curious to see if we keep Tracy, #71, or both. I'd like to keep both honestly. I like both a lot.

But how do we keep 6 DEs? (Kiwi is a DE in my eyes). It's unjustified to keep so many DEs.

I'd hate to lose either though. Especially since if both can contribute this year, it will go a long way in keeping our pass rush rotation fresh for a deep playoff run.

I think Ojomo definitely made it. I think Tracy in the end makes it also. If the Jones cut is true then it would make some sense.

bigbluedefense
08-31-2012, 08:47 AM
As much as I killed Greg Jones in the past, he actually had a very strong camp and PS. Somebody is gonna pick him up and have a very solid rotational LB.

He looked much improved. It sucks, it was a toss up btw him and Paysinger. But I think Paysinger is a little more athletic so he probably gets the nod.

Giantsfan1080
08-31-2012, 08:48 AM
I liked Paysinger better. Jones was very good on ST but he never jumped out at me while on D. Paysinger looks the part and has a ton more athleticism.

bigbluedefense
08-31-2012, 08:53 AM
Honestly I thought they all had a strong camp. They all made plays.

Honestly, I was expecting more from Herzlich. He's greatly improved in pass coverage, but he's taken a step back in the run game. He got washed out too often for my liking.

Jones and Paysinger actually both looked better. But bc of Herzlich's upside, along with the hip pointer probably effecting him this PS, I think that's why Herzlich makes the team.

Giantsfan1080
08-31-2012, 08:54 AM
Jones officially waived according to Ohm.

I agree BBD they all did have strong camps. The depth this year in the LB corps is night and day from last year. Boley, Kiwi, Rivers, Williams, Herz, Blackburn, and Paysinger. We haven't had a LB corps that good in a loooong time.

SolidGold
08-31-2012, 08:56 AM
Jones officially waived according to Ohm.

I agree BBD they all did have strong camps. The depth this year in the LB corps is night and day from last year. Boley, Kiwi, Rivers, Williams, Herz, Blackburn, and Paysinger. We haven't had a LB corps that good in a loooong time.

Wasn't Broha one of the better performers at DE for the Giants in the preseason?

Giantsfan1080
08-31-2012, 08:57 AM
Wasn't Broha one of the better performers at DE for the Giants in the preseason?

Yes he did really well but we have some younger guys who did even better (Tracy and Ojomo). It won't surprise me if another team claims Broha before he get him on our PS.

Giantsfan1080
08-31-2012, 09:02 AM
Massau, McCants, Stanback all gone.

bigbluedefense
08-31-2012, 09:03 AM
I think Tracy and Ojomo's athleticism trumps Broha, who seems like more of a high motor guy.

SolidGold
08-31-2012, 09:20 AM
I think Tracy and Ojomo's athleticism trumps Broha, who seems like more of a high motor guy.

Oh ok...so Tracy and Ojomo are black and Broha is white....got it!!

Giantsfan1080
08-31-2012, 09:30 AM
Douglas and DePalma cut.

bigbluedefense
08-31-2012, 09:32 AM
Oh ok...so Tracy and Ojomo are black and Broha is white....got it!!

Yup. (10 char)

Giantsfan1080
08-31-2012, 09:51 AM
Ware did get the boot. Let's hope Brown and Scott can block.

SolidGold
08-31-2012, 09:54 AM
Is this the year the Giants are going to cut Ramses Barden who has done absolutely nothing during his career?

bigbluedefense
08-31-2012, 09:54 AM
Is this the year the Giants are going to cut Ramses Barden who has done absolutely nothing during his career?

It looked that way early on, but he saved his job the past 2 PS games.

That and Jernigan didn't do a damn thing, which helped his status on the team. And neither did any of the other training camp superstars.

Giantsfan1080
08-31-2012, 10:17 AM
This is going to be the year of Barden!!!

Giantsfan1080
08-31-2012, 10:45 AM
Hendricks cut. Looks like I was right about Kuhn over him.

Giantsfan1080
08-31-2012, 11:05 AM
Ojomo made it!!

bigbluedefense
08-31-2012, 11:19 AM
Did Tracy?

Giantsfan1080
08-31-2012, 11:26 AM
Not announced yet.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-31-2012, 11:52 AM
No more ware. I like idea of the younger guys making it. Let's see how Bradshaw, Wilson, Scott and brown do.

Giantsfan1080
08-31-2012, 12:20 PM
Tracy made the team also.

BigBlueNorwegian
08-31-2012, 01:13 PM
Tracy made the team also.

Good! Things are shaping up nicely so far on cut-down day. Holding out hope that David Douglas makes it onto the practice squad now.

Giantsfan1080
08-31-2012, 01:40 PM
Good! Things are shaping up nicely so far on cut-down day. Holding out hope that David Douglas makes it onto the practice squad now.

Very very doubtful. I'm not sure if Hendricks can go to PS again.

Jughead10
08-31-2012, 01:45 PM
Very very doubtful. I'm not sure if Hendricks can go to PS again.

You can go on the PS squad for 3 years I think as long as he doesn't have a full season or something.

Giantsfan1080
08-31-2012, 02:17 PM
Was he ever on the 53?

Jughead10
08-31-2012, 02:35 PM
Was he ever on the 53?

Yes, for a month I think.

Giantsfan1080
08-31-2012, 02:36 PM
Well I know once you're on the 53 man for 8 games you become ineligible. If it were only a month then yeah he could still go to PS.

BaLLiN
08-31-2012, 04:01 PM
DE Matt Broha, OL Selvish Capers, WR Dan DePalma, TE Larry Donnell, WR David Douglas, DT Dwayne Hendricks, CB Bruce Johnson, LB Greg Jones, DE Craig Marshall, OT Matt McCants, LB Jake Muasau, WR Isaiah Stanback, DT Marcus Thomas, RB D.J. Ware.

well I expected all of these to be cuts, except Jones (who I thought could) and Ware, but Hendricks? really? My best guess is that he is the guy who needs to be cut before we IR thomas as our special IR player.

BaLLiN
08-31-2012, 07:27 PM
its beyond me, but apparently Laron Scott tweeted he is staying in big apple, which makes it seem like he made the active roster...how?

CUTS (14)*
RB D.J. Ware
DE Matt Broha (apparently going to PS if he clears waivers)
DT Marcus Thomas (probably gone)
CB Bruce Johnson (to injured reserve)
TE Larry Donnell
WR Isaiah Stanback
LB Greg Jones
OT Matt McCants (my guess is PS)
LB Jake Muasau (my guess is PS)
DE Craig Marshall (PS?)
WR David Douglas (apparently dallas is interested)
WR Dan DePalma (PS if possible)
OL Selvish Capers
DT Dwayne Hendricks (WTF...)

EDIT:
this is probably what we'll have after all the cuts, rumor is that we're considering trading for a OL

OFFENSE
QB: Eli Manning, David Carr
RB: Ahmad Bradshaw, David Wilson, Andre Brown, Da’Rel Scott
FB: Henry Hynoski
WR: Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, Domenik Hixon, Rueben Randle, Ramses Barden, Jerrel Jernigan
TE: Martellus Bennett, Bear Pascoe, Adrien Robinson
C: David Baas
G: Kevin Boothe, Chris Snee, Mitch Petrus
T: Will Beatty, David Diehl, Sean Locklear, James Brewer

DEFENSE
DE: Jason Pierre-Paul, Justin Tuck, Osi Umenyiora, Adewale Ojomo, Adrian Tracy
DT: Linval Joseph, Rocky Bernard, Marvin Austin, Markus Kuhn, Dwayne Hendricks
LB: Michael Boley, Chase Blackburn, Mathias Kiwanuka, Mark Herzlich, Keith Rivers, Spencer Paysinger, Jacquian Williams
CB: Corey Webster, Prince Amukamara, Michael Coe, Jayron Hosley, Justin Tryon, Laron Scott
S: Antrel Rolle, Kenny Phillips, Will Hill

ST (3)

BigBlueNorwegian
08-31-2012, 08:02 PM
Our active roster for now:

Offense(25)

QB (2): Eli Manning, David Carr

RB (4): Ahmad Bradshaw, David Wilson, Da’Rel Scott, Andre Brown

FB (1): Henry Hynoski

WR (6): Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, Domenik Hixon, Ramses Barden, Rueben Randle, Jerrell Jernigan

TE (3): Bear Pascoe, Martellus Bennett, Adrien Robinson

OL (9): David Diehl, Chris Snee, David Baas, Kevin Boothe, Will Beatty, Sean Locklear, Jim Cordle, Mitch Petrus, James Brewer

DEFENSE (25)

DE (5): Justin Tuck, Jason Pierre-Paul, Osi Umenyiora, Adrian Tracy, Adewale Ojomo

DT (4): Linval Joseph, Rocky Bernard, Markus Kuhn, Marvin Austin

LB (7): Mathias Kiwanuka, Chase Blackburn, Michael Boley, Keith Rivers, Spencer Paysinger, Mark Herzlich, Jacquian Williams

CB (5): Corey Webster, Prince Amukamara, Jayron Hosley, Michael Coe, Justin Tryon

S (4): Antrel Rolle, Kenny Phillips, Will Hill, Stevie Brown

SPECIALISTS (3)
K: Lawrence Tynes

P: Steve Weatherford

S: Zak DeOssie

BaLLiN
08-31-2012, 08:04 PM
Our active roster for now:

EDIT. somethings wrong on Giants.com The list i Posted was way to large.

yeah, but we know that both tracy and ojomo made it

BigBlueNorwegian
08-31-2012, 08:10 PM
yeah, but we know that both tracy and ojomo made it

Lol! I edited in the correct roster now. So we placed Thomas and Shaun Rogers on the season ending kind of IR. What a shame. We should definetly be in the market for a free agent CB now.

BigBlueNorwegian
08-31-2012, 08:12 PM
We also changed 16 players from the roster against the Patriots in SB XLVI. That's quite a large number, isn't it?

EDIT: According to Coughlin it's normal to have about 1/3 of the team change every year. IDK, it seems a bit high. But he does have a point about a lot of those guys being with the team in other capacities(IR/Practice squad) last year.

Giantsfan1080
08-31-2012, 08:46 PM
Teams turn over more than you realize. Shame TT is done for the season and as a Giant.

Eli
Snee
Diehl
Hixon
Bradshaw
Osi
Tuck
Kiwi
Webster
Snee
Chase

I think those are the only guys left on the team who have 2 rings with us.

scottyboy
08-31-2012, 10:01 PM
does anyone know what's actually going on with TT?

Giantsfan1080
08-31-2012, 10:11 PM
Giants Official Moves:

PLACED ON IR (2)
CB Terrell Thomas (knee)
DT Shaun Rogers (blood clot)

WAIVED WITH INJURY DESIGNATION (1)
CB Bruce Johnson (shoulder)

MOVED TO RESERVE/SUSPENDED LIST (1)
S Tyler Sash

RELEASED (5)
RB D.J. Ware
WR Isaiah Stanback
DT Marcus Thomas
CB Dante Hughes
OL Chris White

WAIVED (13)
LB Greg Jones
WR David Douglas
WR Dan DePalma
DE Craig Marshall
DE Matt Broha
DT Dwayne Hendricks
LB Jake Muasau
TE Larry Donnell
OT Matt McCants
OG Selvish Capers
OG Stephen Goodin
QB Ryan Perrilloux
DB Laron Scott

Giantsfan1080
08-31-2012, 10:11 PM
does anyone know what's actually going on with TT?

In regards to what?

scottyboy
08-31-2012, 10:12 PM
idk, seemed like a cluster **** o BBI on what was going on. Regular IR means he's completely done then?

BaLLiN
08-31-2012, 10:13 PM
packers posters were saying that Bishop could be put on the IR that they just agreed on despite being put on the season ending IR earlier... If not Austin is probably getting it and we'd be signing Hendricks

Giantsfan1080
08-31-2012, 10:15 PM
idk, seemed like a cluster **** o BBI on what was going on. Regular IR means he's completely done then?

Yes he's done for the year.

Giantsfan1080
09-01-2012, 11:34 AM
Sounds like Douglas is in the Giants facility which means he made it to the PS hopefully.

Giantsfan1080
09-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Petrus cut for DJ Jones from the Eagles. Geez Petrus you win a SB and then suck it up.

Giantsfan1080
09-01-2012, 12:40 PM
Practice Squad:

WR David Douglas
DE Matt Broha
DE Craig Marshall
Tackle Matt McCants
Guard Selvish Capers
Gaurd Stephen Goodin
TE Larry Donnell
CB Laron Scott

LTgiants
09-01-2012, 01:50 PM
Petrus cut for DJ Jones from the Eagles. Geez Petrus you win a SB and then suck it up.

Who is DJ Jones?

Giantsfan1080
09-01-2012, 07:01 PM
Who is DJ Jones?

He's an OT from Nebraska.

BaLLiN
09-01-2012, 07:24 PM
still pissed about Hendricks...

Giantsfan1080
09-01-2012, 07:45 PM
still pissed about Hendricks...

I called it. Shocked he's not on the PS though. Did someone claim him?

bigbluedefense
09-01-2012, 07:46 PM
Disappointed in Petrus. I really thought he was gonna be a very good G for us. But he regressed, and never developed at all in pass protection.

Another developmental OL bites the dust...maybe it's time they start reevaluating this method of building up the front.

Giantsfan1080
09-01-2012, 07:51 PM
Disappointed in Petrus. I really thought he was gonna be a very good G for us. But he regressed, and never developed at all in pass protection.

Another developmental OL bites the dust...maybe it's time they start reevaluating this method of building up the front.

It's really starting to hurt us. The line depth right now is a joke and apparently we put in a couple of claims for OL.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Kellen W. II is cut and a free agent. I actually want to kick the tires. He def. is an upgrade over Pascoe.

scottyboy
09-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Kellen W. II is cut and a free agent. I actually want to kick the tires. He def. is an upgrade over Pascoe.

i'm not so sure he is. as an overall talent? sure. but as a blocker and for what we want/need from our TE, I think pascoe is pretty good

Giantsfan1080
09-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Yeah no thanks on that. Martellus is the athletic TE.

BaLLiN
09-01-2012, 10:50 PM
I mean in madden it would be a good move, but this is real football. Pascoe is a part of this team, and a reliable veteran that will do all he can for the team

BaLLiN
09-01-2012, 11:10 PM
also anyone else wondering why we dont pick up Joe Martinek for PS?

Giantsfan1080
09-01-2012, 11:14 PM
Not me. He's not good. Never understood it.

BaLLiN
09-02-2012, 12:34 AM
Not me. He's not good. Never understood it.

i thought he looked pretty good in very very limited action when he didnt have to block, i think hes just a RB not a FB.

Also Hosley and Wilson changed their numbers. Hosley is 28 and Wilson is 22

BamaFalcon59
09-02-2012, 06:44 AM
Let's go Hokies, woo.

Giantsfan1080
09-02-2012, 09:28 AM
He's definitely more of a RB but he's just not good enough for the NFL.

scottyboy
09-02-2012, 09:35 AM
it's weird Zak, it's like bizarro world. Everyone's talking about jersey joe when he couldn't even start his senior year for us at either position. it's funny.

Bing should be on the team/PS more than Martinek

Giantsfan1080
09-02-2012, 10:08 AM
it's weird Zak, it's like bizarro world. Everyone's talking about jersey joe when he couldn't even start his senior year for us at either position. it's funny.

Bing should be on the team/PS more than Martinek

Haha I know. I hate to bash the guy but its funny everyone liked him out of all the Rutgers players. Maybe because he's a white RB?

Rosebud
09-02-2012, 10:15 AM
Haha I know. I hate to bash the guy but its funny everyone liked him out of all the Rutgers players. Maybe because he's a white RB?

Who needs a white RB when we have a black unicorn?

Giantsfan1080
09-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Who needs a white RB when we have a black unicorn?

Exactly. Clearly the reason he didn't make the team. Martellus and Rivers are both going to have breakout years and we're going to need to re-sign both.

OSUGiants17
09-02-2012, 10:32 AM
Also Hosley and Wilson changed their numbers. Hosley is 28 and Wilson is 22

Good thing I never ordered a Wilson jersey lol

BaLLiN
09-02-2012, 10:43 AM

i like him bc he played at hopatcong and flipped the coin at one of my highschool games.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-02-2012, 11:35 AM
i'm not so sure he is. as an overall talent? sure. but as a blocker and for what we want/need from our TE, I think pascoe is pretty good

Pascoe is serviceable, but KWII is def. more talented and more productive as a pass catcher. I'd take him any day over Pascoe. Let KWII have a earn it or leave contract along with Bennett. Ideally both would be damn good for us.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-02-2012, 11:51 AM
I have been thinking that our lack of developing project OL mid round is going to come back and hurt us. We had all these guys drafted to one day start and that really means that we were hoping to develop them to some extent. But it has gone wrong big time. We can seem to develop those developmental guys.

Age and injury has degraded our OL. David D and Snee are the last 2 of the 5 guys that were here when our OL was god like. We really need to start developing guys better or stop with the project picks, and see if we can get a first rounder if he is BPA and has positional value as well. If that position strikes a balance then I hope we go for it.

It's almost as if we are slowly bleeding to death, and our developmental guys are gone or aren't progressing fast enough to take over. Petrus was supposed to be a solid guy who Reese compared to Rich S. He said Petrus won't be elite or pro bowl worthy, but he would be a solid starter who could have a long career and compared him to Rich S. LOL. Well once again we missed on that prospect.

We need to pick it the F up! QB in his prime and the OL is degrading in talent and we are too slow to compensate and fill that talent gap. So this issue bothers me.

BaLLiN
09-02-2012, 12:07 PM
What do you guys think of Ihedigbo? he was just released by the patriots, i like him better than stevie brown.

scottyboy
09-02-2012, 01:27 PM
well DJ Jones failed his physical so we have an open roster spot

BamaFalcon59
09-02-2012, 02:14 PM
Really liked 34 on Wilson, too.

Forenci
09-02-2012, 03:13 PM

It's not all about you!

I actually prefer him at 22. Not a big fan of numbers in the 30's.

BigBlueNorwegian
09-02-2012, 03:59 PM

I agree. Looked real good on him. Same number Walter Payton and Earl Campbell had. 22 is just meh in my book.

bigbluedefense
09-02-2012, 04:52 PM
I wonder if we try to get Petrus back now?

I would like to give him 1 more year to prove himself.

Rosebud
09-02-2012, 04:53 PM
Pascoe is serviceable, but KWII is def. more talented and more productive as a pass catcher. I'd take him any day over Pascoe. Let KWII have a earn it or leave contract along with Bennett. Ideally both would be damn good for us.

You're thinking about a player Kellen Winslow just isn't anymore. At this point Pascoe is a better athlete and not just blocker than KWII. Winslow still has glue on his palms and amazing hands, but he's slow and a terrible blocker. With how unreliable Black Unicorn has been in the past, that adds even more incentive to keep the dependable Pascoe.

Agreed on our OL, we need to seriously boost the talent there as Eli ages. Eventually he'll break and we won't be able to rely on the running game to protect him. I desperately wanted us to add someone like Cordy Glenn or Mike Adams in the draft, so hopefully it lines up for us this summer. Although we do seem to rely on FA for starters along the OL that don't come out of the late round, O'Hara, Baas, McKenzie. Maybe we go to that well again next summer the way I thought we might go after Winston, although I don't know who'll be available as, I think, Jake Long, Ryan Clady and Brandon Albert all have signed extensions.

If Buffalo cheaps out on Andy Levitre he'd be an amazing get. That kid's like a rich man's David Diehl, phenomenal guard who can boss the running game as a tackle.

bigbluedefense
09-02-2012, 05:15 PM
FA OL are expensive as hell. We have too much talent to re-sign to go out and spend big money on a FA OL. We need to draft talent there.

I want to bolster our OL this offseason, but I also want us to go out and draft a CB.

I think it will come down to who is on the board when we pick. If BPA is a OT, go out and get him. If it's a CB, get the CB. Gotta stick with the board.

For the immediate future, we desperately need an OT, and we need a G for the future. I would have loved the G from Wisconsin that Cinncy took. Gotta start scouting some of the LT talent in this upcoming draft.

We can survive another year with our interior OL talent. But we desperately need OTs for the future. Diehl has 2 years left in the tank and we have absolutely no LT to speak of.

bigbluedefense
09-02-2012, 05:21 PM
Is Beatty gonna start on Wednesday? I would feel more comfortable with Locklear starting. He didnt look all that bad at all, in fact I'd say he looked better than Beatty has ever looked, and he got all the reps so he's more ready to play than Beatty.

I feel like they're trying to force Beatty to succeed but he's just not good. It's time to admit it and just move on. Keep him as a backup this year to Locklear and move on from him in the offseason.

LTgiants
09-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Guess who's back?

1Mkkk9P0NG0

Giantsfan1080
09-02-2012, 09:08 PM
Is anyone going Wednesday?

TheFinisher
09-02-2012, 09:57 PM
So I guess Prince isn't gonna be ready for Wednesday night, Fewell said you guys are starting Michael Coe at CB. I'd expect a ton of Safety help for him over the top, especially if Witten doesn't play.

Giantsfan1080
09-03-2012, 12:07 AM
Hosley might be ready but yes Coe is #2 for sure.

Forenci
09-03-2012, 12:25 AM
I'm guessing Rolle will be seeing a lot of time at CB. I think we under appreciate Rolle at times. Sure he's got a big mouth, but he's actually a pretty damn good nickel corner too. That versatility is extremely valuable.

BaLLiN
09-03-2012, 10:09 AM
for those who fapped for brian price a couple years ago, he just got released by the bears in order to sign okoye.

Rosebud
09-03-2012, 10:17 AM
for those who fapped for brian price a couple years ago, he just got released by the bears in order to sign okoye.

That would be me. Shame the Bucs ****** up developing him, kid had so much raw talent.

BaLLiN
09-03-2012, 10:21 AM
That would be me. Shame the Bucs ****** up developing him, kid had so much raw talent.

i saw what you liked, but i just didn't get why you thought he could be a top 20 pick. if i remember correctly, I thought that Jurrel Casey was a very similar player.

Rosebud
09-03-2012, 10:28 AM
Price reminded me sooooo much of Sed Ellis, with the low center of gravity, the explosive burst and the pure speed to rape. Casey never had the same type of burst and athleticism.

bigbluedefense
09-03-2012, 10:54 AM
Is Price PS eligible? I wouldn't mind him on the ps.

I was never a fan of his. He had speed, but no power, fell to the ground too often. Didn't see him as a 1st rounder. If theres potential to develop him in the ps though, I'm all for it.

BaLLiN
09-03-2012, 11:16 AM
Is Price PS eligible? I wouldn't mind him on the ps.

I was never a fan of his. He had speed, but no power, fell to the ground too often. Didn't see him as a 1st rounder. If theres potential to develop him in the ps though, I'm all for it.

he played in 15 games in 1 season, so no.

Rosebud
09-03-2012, 11:18 AM
He fell over a lot, but it wasn't because of a lack of power. The kid actually had really good strength, he would just come out of his stance way too far forward and leave himself off balance.

I wouldn't really bother with him at this point, you're not going to fix his issues now and I don't think he's PS eligible anymore anyway.

Giantsfan1080
09-03-2012, 11:53 AM
Crap Nicks didn't practice again today.

BigBlueNorwegian
09-03-2012, 11:56 AM
Crap Nicks didn't practice again today.

But he again told the media that he is going to play wednesday. I think it's just for precautionary reasons.

Giantsfan1080
09-03-2012, 11:58 AM
It's bad he didn't go today.

BigBlueNorwegian
09-03-2012, 12:21 PM
It's bad he didn't go today.

Again,from what I've read it's just for precautionary reasons. Both Coughlin and Nicks himself said that he will be ready for Wednesday.

Giantsfan1080
09-03-2012, 12:41 PM
Ehh I know it's just opening game jitters as a fan. I'll be less reactionary.

BigBlueNorwegian
09-03-2012, 12:52 PM
Ehh I know it's just opening game jitters as a fan. I'll be less reactionary.

haha, I know that feeling as well! Been worried about the Cowboys and the game for over a week now. I also had one last look at all the highlights from last season earlier today. After "America's Game" tomorrow, I have to stop living in the past and be fully focused on this season. But I'm optimistic, I think we will win Wednesday night, and I think we will have a good season.

Boley also confirmed he's playing Wednesday, btw. Amukamara has been ruled out, but we already knew that. As long as Coe and Hosley don't stink up the place on wednesday, we should win in my opinion.

bigbluedefense
09-03-2012, 01:09 PM
I'm more concerned about the injuries in the secondary than at WR. Eli do what it do. I'm not concerned, Eli will make it work.

But on defense, we need our DBs. I'm not thrilled with Coe on Austin.

Giantsfan1080
09-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Austin, Witten, and Dez are all less than 100% so that makes me a little less worried. Front 7 is going to have to dominate that line though.