PDA

View Full Version : New York Giants Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

Giantsfan1080
09-26-2012, 12:07 PM
It's a big part of what I love so much about this team. We defy common sense at every opportunity.

No one could ever argue the Coughlin/Eli era hasn't kept us all on the edge of our seats. Up is down, down is up and so on. It's been entertaining for sure and has given us way too much time to waste on here.

Forenci
09-26-2012, 02:18 PM
Sounds like Bradshaw is starting too? Sometimes Tom is too loyal to his veterans. Bradshaw is washed up. He's a solid back if you give him great blocking but we just don't have the offensive line for that. We need Wilson or Brown to make something happen. One cut and go. Bradshaw just runs into the backs of the offensive line and gets tackled.

Giantsfan1080
09-26-2012, 02:26 PM
I don't disagree at all but let's see what Bradshaw can do now that he knows his job is on the line.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-26-2012, 04:19 PM
NFL Network Tonight: A football life
Tom Coughlin

BigBlueNorwegian
09-26-2012, 06:38 PM
I know you're new, but the giants beating the Eagles and Browns, but losing to the 9ers is the least likely way for us to get to 4-2.

Oh I know that, I just meant on paper, lol. I agree, the Giants tend to defy logic more often than not. But IDK, I think this years team will be a bit more predictable.

And on paper the Giants should be a better team than the Eagles. I have a feeling it will show on the field sunday night as well.

BigBlueNorwegian
09-26-2012, 06:40 PM
Sounds like Bradshaw is starting too? Sometimes Tom is too loyal to his veterans. Bradshaw is washed up. He's a solid back if you give him great blocking but we just don't have the offensive line for that. We need Wilson or Brown to make something happen. One cut and go. Bradshaw just runs into the backs of the offensive line and gets tackled.

I want us to use Bradshaw as a third down back, with the occasional carry on early downs. He's still a great pass blocker, and an adequate pass-catcher.

Giantsfan1080
09-26-2012, 07:38 PM
NFL Network Tonight: A football life
Tom Coughlin

That Madden voicemail was the tits.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-26-2012, 07:55 PM
That Madden voicemail was the tits.

You never realize how much of an impact being a coach is on your family. I thought it was very insightful to hear how his rough years with us and fire coughlin, and the media/fans effected his family. Seeing his daughter cry was a powerful scene I thought.

Just to see his family life makes me respect him more. Also makes me respect his wife taking care of 4 kids. This has to be the best Giants related show.

Giantsfan1080
09-26-2012, 08:07 PM
I agree. That was excellent. Judy Coughlin who I've never even heard talk was just fantastic.

BigBlueNorwegian
09-26-2012, 08:08 PM
It was a really good episode. After that hour I not only have deep respect for Coughlin the coach, but also Tom Coughlin the person. Looks to be a genuinely great guy, as well as a strong leader.

And I gained so much respect for Judy Coughlin. That's the sort of girl you marry. Strong, independent and loyal.

BaLLiN
09-26-2012, 08:27 PM
i love when he says he is man enough to admit to them that he loves them. That 2011-2012 team felt like it was such a close team all around

NY+Giants=NYG
09-26-2012, 08:28 PM
That's the sort of girl you marry. Strong, independent and loyal.

That's the perfect thing. He really is a lucky guy to marry someone with those amazing qualities.

scottyboy
09-26-2012, 11:03 PM
****, i missed it :(

bigbluedefense
09-27-2012, 07:39 AM
It was good. Ray Lewis had the best one so far, but the Coughlin one was good.

I actually wanted them to go over his success in Jacksonville more. They didn't focus on that enough. Or his proven track record since his college days of being an upset coach.

Giantsfan1080
09-27-2012, 07:40 AM
I can't take Ray Lewis seriously so I turned it off. He's a murderer so I don't know how anyone can respect the guy. It actually bothers me Rice looks up to him so much.

I wish the Coughlin thing was 2 hours long.

bigbluedefense
09-27-2012, 07:47 AM
Ouch.

I want to believe Ray. I really do. But I don't...

I'll say this about Ray. In life, we all make mistakes. Some of us make great mistakes. Mistakes that we can't take back. What you do after that mistake can help redeem some of your character. Not all of it, you can never bring those lives back, but if you truly feel guilt and remorse and do your best moving forward to try to be the best person you can be, then I can't fault you for trying.

I think Ray did it. And I think he realizes what a terrible mistake he made, and he's trying to live his life to make up for it. He'll never make up for it, but at the same time, I find myself not hating him for trying to correct his ways.

Giantsfan1080
09-27-2012, 07:52 AM
That's fair BBD. He hasn't been in any kind of trouble since so I think you're right that he definitely learned from that night. It's just the preachiness that gets to me.

Forenci
09-27-2012, 11:15 AM
I was always confused by the Ray Lewis thing. Was he accused of actually murdering someone, or was he just involved with it somehow? I thought it was he covered it up for someone or something.

Jughead10
09-27-2012, 11:34 AM
I was always confused by the Ray Lewis thing. Was he accused of actually murdering someone, or was he just involved with it somehow? I thought it was he covered it up for someone or something.

He was never accused of doing the murdering himself. But he was committed I believe on obstruction of justice in attempting to either confuse police or cover it up. He was definitely there when it went down.

Giantsfan1080
09-27-2012, 11:57 AM
No Hosley and Rivers today which isn't a surprise. Rolle didn't practice either though so that's not a good sign. Nicks and Bradshaw back to full.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-28-2012, 10:14 AM
What's wrong with Rivers? Hamstring injury?

BigBlueNorwegian
09-28-2012, 10:15 AM
What's wrong with Rivers? Hamstring injury?

correct. (10char)

NY+Giants=NYG
09-28-2012, 10:25 AM
Damn, I hate those injuries. It seems the defense gets those in bulk. Rivers is the guy that needs to prove he can stay healthy in the NFL.

bigbluedefense
09-28-2012, 10:56 AM
I've long held the belief that we don't stretch enough as a team. That's why we have so many muscle pulls/tears.

If you don't stretch thoroughly, you also jeopardize your ligaments.

Jughead10
09-28-2012, 11:03 AM
I think we believe that injuries are arbitrary and we ignore the past. Some guys are just injury prone, there is no denying that. And other guys are just made of steel and never get hurt.

Giantsfan1080
09-28-2012, 11:37 AM
I don't think that's true at all. Look at Canty who never missed a single game for the Cowboys. He comes here and he's always banged up now.

Shane P. Hallam
09-28-2012, 11:39 AM
I don't think that's true at all. Look at Canty who never missed a single game for the Cowboys. He comes here and he's always banged up now.

Just not a black and white issue. Are there injury prone players who may be more susceptible to injures (for whatever reason, training, build, etc,)? Absolutely. Does that mean everyone who has had multiple injuries is injury prone? No.

Giantsfan1080
09-28-2012, 11:42 AM
Just not a black and white issue. Are there injury prone players who may be more susceptible to injures (for whatever reason, training, build, etc,)? Absolutely. Does that mean everyone who has had multiple injuries is injury prone? No.

Yes exactly. I'm one who believes that injuries are pretty random. If you re-injure something specific then it's not but the examples are too far and wide to be able to point to a specific thing and blame it for why injuries are occurring.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-28-2012, 11:53 AM
I've long held the belief that we don't stretch enough as a team. That's why we have so many muscle pulls/tears.

If you don't stretch thoroughly, you also jeopardize your ligaments.

Eh, that's not proven. Every time they show video of giants camp, and from the games I used to go, they all go out as a team and do their group stretch. I think that's not the area.

If I were to guess based on my experience around teams, I'd say it's the training program created by the strength and conditioning guy, and the program implemented by them.

We get the same types of injuries. ACL, hamstring, while stuff like achilles and broken bones seem to be the least in our case. Some teams can do well year after year when it comes to injuries as a whole.

I'd love to see how their strength and conditioning guys create and implement their program vs our guys. What do they do in terms of food? Are we as strict when it comes to diet? That plays a part too.

That's the side of football not that many fans know. I remember sitting with the coaches, when a strength and conditioning guy came in to visit another coach. They were talking about all this, while I sat quietly and listened. I thought it was a very interesting part of the game, even I didn't know or have heard about.

I remember the S&C guy saying how he heard of friend or another guy got fired because the players kept getting hurt and same types of injuries so they decided to make a change. Since then I always wondered how our S&C guy does things vs other teams guys.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-28-2012, 11:58 AM
This is what I mean. This is a sample S&C guide by a S&C coach who does this for a college program. This is what it given to the players.

http://www.bluefield.edu/mediafiles/bc-summer-strength.pdf

So my point is that perhaps a S&C coach focuses on one thing more than another and that is the reason why injuries of a specific part of the body vary from team to team. While injuries will occur by the very nature of the sport, the degree and part of the body effected may be attributed to the very way a team works out or conditions themselves.

Giantsfan1080
09-28-2012, 12:50 PM
Hosley, Rivers, Diehl all OUT
Nicks DOUBTFUL

Nicks has swelling in his foot and knee. Ugghhh

BigBlueNorwegian
09-28-2012, 12:56 PM
Hosley, Rivers, Diehl all OUT
Nicks DOUBTFUL

Nicks has swelling in his foot and knee. Ugghhh

In his knee? That doesn't sound too good. Damn injury plague! Maybe we need to shut him down completely for a couple of weeks just to let him get back to full speed.

A shame about the others as well. Especially Hosley. We are thin enough as it is at CB.

Giantsfan1080
09-28-2012, 01:27 PM
It's his left knee while he had the surgery on his right foot. Maybe it really wouldn't be the worst idea to designate IR him.

scottyboy
09-28-2012, 01:30 PM
nicks being doubtful and hosley out makes me wanna cry

D-Unit
09-28-2012, 01:46 PM
nicks being doubtful and hosley out makes me wanna cry
I loved Hosley as a draft prospect, but we really can't be too surprised about him being injured again. He had injuries in college that he had to deal with and that was on his scouting report. The dude is fast and quick, but frail. That's why I loved Brandon Boykin so much more... makes me sick that the Eagles got him so late and he's doing so good for them.

Forenci
09-28-2012, 02:24 PM

Hi Shane. Glad to see you here!

Giantsfan1080
09-29-2012, 02:12 PM
Nicks officially ruled out.

bigbluedefense
09-29-2012, 02:14 PM
I don't feel good about this game. Too many bodies not suiting up.

We can get away with injuries vs the Panthers, but not the Eagles. This is not good.

Giantsfan1080
09-29-2012, 02:16 PM
They might win but it's not because of injuries. We still have plenty of talent on the field.

bigbluedefense
09-29-2012, 02:33 PM
My concern is having Coe/Tryon out there. Teams have routinely isolated them and picked on them whenever they get the chance. The Eagles are explosive and can really make us pay for that.

Those 2 to 3 plays in a game where they get that matchup, they can really make it hurt with their speed.

I'm also concerned about not having Rolle. He's a great tackler, actually one of our leading tacklers, and Hill is still green.

Offensively, my concern is our OL vs their DL, and with no Nicks out there they can key in on Cruz. Barden doesn't have the speed to make them get out of any Cover 3 shells that would key in on Cruz.

And Hixon is just doesn't have it anymore.

We need Unicorn to really have a big game. 6 7" vs midget LBs and mediocre safeties. He's gonna have to be the guy who changes their coverage shells.

scottyboy
09-29-2012, 02:54 PM
i think rolle's gonna play though

Giantsfan1080
09-29-2012, 03:02 PM
Rolle is playng. I think Coe and Tryon will be fine against the Eagles WR. We have trouble with the taller muscular WR's and the Eagles don't really have that. We can double Maclin and Webster will lock down Jackson. We can pressure Vick easy. Their OL is worse than ours and we have a better DL. It's going to be close and I really can see with either team winning. Division games are the best.

BaLLiN
09-29-2012, 06:18 PM
I don't see why Coe or Tryon would be on either Maclin or Jackson...we have Prince and Webster out there. The thing I'd be worried about is our offense versus their defense. Like BBD said and I said previous, Barden just isn't very good and despite having production, he doesn't look like he's doing anything special.

Edit:

This is why I want to see what Randle can do, and yes JJ. I still see JJ as a guy who can own in the slot.

Giantsfan1080
09-29-2012, 06:20 PM
I don't see why Coe or Tryon would be on either Maclin or Jackson...we have Prince and Webster out there. The thing I'd be worried about is our offense versus their defense. Like BBD said and I said previous, Barden just isn't very good and despite having production, he doesn't look like he's doing anything special.

Edit:

This is why I want to see what Randle can do, and yes JJ. I still see JJ as a guy who can own in the slot.

If one of them are in the slot then Coe or Tryon will be on them. We don't really man guys up that often.

You guys are f'ing ridiculous already about Barden.

BaLLiN
09-29-2012, 06:26 PM
If one of them are in the slot then Coe or Tryon will be on them. We don't really man guys up that often.

You guys are f'ing ridiculous already about Barden.

Possibly, the more likely is DeSean, but his route tree is so limited that we'd be able to bracket him.

lol, GF I may be biased but almost all of those catches he made he should have easily and it was pretty apparent that the Carolina DB's were god awful.

Giantsfan1080
09-29-2012, 06:40 PM
He still did his job then! Like I've said a few times how come no other WR has put numbers up like that against them if they are so bad? I agree 100% that 4 or 5 of the catches we could have made but with the others he played well. He is not explosive at all now but his height gives us a big advantage. He is a very good run blocker also which went unnoticed in the Carolina game because he did so well as a receiver.

BaLLiN
09-29-2012, 06:47 PM
He still did his job then! Like I've said a few times how come no other WR has put numbers up like that against them if they are so bad? I agree 100% that 4 or 5 of the catches we could have made but with the others he played well. He is not explosive at all now but his height gives us a big advantage. He is a very good run blocker also which went unnoticed in the Carolina game because he did so well as a receiver.

I agree, but don't you feel at all that Randle could have done the same and even better? I am very happy that Barden got the giant gorilla off his back but am not ready to depend on him.

Giantsfan1080
09-29-2012, 06:50 PM
I guess the coaches don't think so.

bigbluedefense
09-29-2012, 06:53 PM
Randle is a rookie. Barden hasto be the guy. Im not his biggest fan, but I'll root for him.

Hes on a short leash though, and has NO explosion.

Forenci
09-29-2012, 10:43 PM
Explosion is overrated if you're big and strong enough to overpower defenders.

Giantsfan1080
09-29-2012, 11:46 PM
If Barden was explosive he would have been a first round pick. He definitely lost speed from the injury but he doesn't have everything.

BaLLiN
09-30-2012, 11:31 AM
I fully expect Barden to be covered by Nnamdi. Here is why: Barden has trouble beating press, he isn't very agile or great at routes but he knows how to use body positioning from looking at the film versus Carolina. DRC vs. Cruz is going to be more doable with a bracket coverage, and Nnamdi has trouble with him anyway.

This all boils down to our run game, Bennett, and our third WR winning isolation routes.

Forenci
09-30-2012, 11:10 PM
Well that sucks.

BaLLiN
09-30-2012, 11:26 PM
really dont understand why we didn't run it again on 2nd down, spiked it, and then had a 40-something yard field goal

Todd Bertuzzi
09-30-2012, 11:55 PM
Good game guys.

If there's one positive you can take away I guess it's that it looks like your secondary concerns should be fine after the first two weeks. Granted most of those problems stemmed from injuries but getting Prince back last week was a huge boost and he looked great again tonight. Sucks that you might lose KP though just when you were almost starting to get healthy back there. Between him and Prince that might be a frustrating duo over the next few years.

bigbluedefense
10-01-2012, 07:17 AM
Guys, I'm gonna be MIA until the Browns game. I don't want to hear about football, smell football, or think about football until then. I need to block this stink out of my mind.

Great game, but I'm so pissed that we lost.

And Perry Fewell is a turd. Gilbride called a great game, Coughlin screwed up at the end of the game, this wasn't Tynes fault, but god I hate Perry Fewell.

And Corey Webster looks washed up. He's not the same Corey from the last 4 years.

That is all. See ya in a week.

******* Eagles.

Giantsfan1080
10-01-2012, 09:00 AM
I agree with all of that. I can't remember the last time Coughlin screwed up that bad.

Jughead10
10-01-2012, 09:44 AM
When was the last time we even attempted a 50+ yarder with Tynes?

NY+Giants=NYG
10-01-2012, 09:55 AM
Tynes should be able to kick that. 54 yarder by a NFL kicker should be made. I listened to the radio because I was out all day, and I kept hearing of kickers making long FGs, and one guy hit a 60 yarder.

But knowing us I knew that Tynes would miss it. That's something that would happen for us. Get a penalty move backwards and then miss a GWing FG.

Barden can't do that to a CB. On the other hand, Wilson impressed me. Put him in the game little by little.

Jughead10
10-01-2012, 09:58 AM
Tynes can't kick that. We all knew it. I'm not even mad at him about it even though I can't stand him.

I'm just upset because everyone is quite aware of Tynes limitations with distance. So much that we rarely ever attempt anything over 50 yards. So why with 15 seconds left and one more down to play would you take the ball out of the hands of the best player on either team, to put it on the leg of a kicker who you know can't hit it.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-01-2012, 10:05 AM
Tynes can't kick that. We all knew it. I'm not even mad at him about it even though I can't stand him.

I'm just upset because everyone is quite aware of Tynes limitations with distance. So much that we rarely ever attempt anything over 50 yards. So why with 15 seconds left and one more down to play would you take the ball out of the hands of the best player on either team, to put it on the leg of a kicker who you know can't hit it.

He has to! Or time to find another kicker. An NFL kicker who can't make a 54 yarder? Or f that a NFL kicker who can't reach the goal posts on a 54 yarder? That's very troubling. But maybe he can kick it in practice, but just missed it. Perhaps that's the case. But either way, he has to be able to make that.

I wanted another play run, and see what happens. But if you get tackled and can't stop the clock you are screwed. We need to do something to the offense to allow our backups to be consistently productive.

Nicks is always hurt it seems year after year! They will double cruz and aggressive press teams will dare the other guys to get a clean break off the LOS, and be able to still run the right choice and option routes.

I hope our next system has less choice and option routes. I am tired of seeing Eli making gestures with his hands for guys to make adjustments.

Jughead10
10-01-2012, 10:08 AM
The bottom line, at least in my opinion, is that the chances of making a completion and having the clock run out on you is far less than Tynes missing the kick.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-01-2012, 10:17 AM
Barden needs to play better. That dropped pass hurt us earlier in the drive. I am just tired of this complex system. It's the same stuff year after year. True, we won 2 SB, but I think our offensive would be even more productive in another system. Except for Nicks, and Cruz, I trust no one running routes. In fact, watching this system for so long, when the ball is thrown by Eli, I wonder if the guy is even in the vicinity. I eagerly wait for the tv camera to pan to see if there is a player of ours there or is the guy doing god knows what else.

Giantsfan1080
10-01-2012, 11:29 AM
When was the last time we even attempted a 50+ yarder with Tynes?

Years ago I would imagine. His career long is 53 so why not run one more play. Also the more I think about it how the heck did we only score 17 points with the field position Wilson gave us all night. Just terrible.

Eli was two blame the offensive PI. It was a terrible pass just like it was aterrible pass in the end zone for the INT.

Tynes has the leg for a 54. On the ice timeout he booted it but was inaccurate.

Giantsfan1080
10-01-2012, 12:26 PM
I'm super worried about our D-Line. Where is the pass rush? Where are these guys. It's incredible how bad they've been. That Eagles OL is straight up trash and we did a terrible job yesterday regardless of what the number say. Tuck said they got less aggressive because of the KP injury. Ridiculous excuse.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-01-2012, 01:16 PM
I'm super worried about our D-Line. Where is the pass rush? Where are these guys. It's incredible how bad they've been. That Eagles OL is straight up trash and we did a terrible job yesterday regardless of what the number say. Tuck said they got less aggressive because of the KP injury. Ridiculous excuse.

Our defense at certain spots is showing signs of age. Webster is one of these guys, and I believe, both Tuck and Osi are as well. Osi is gone next year, and if Tuck plays like this I am not sure I'd give the guy an extension. Good leader, and now the voice of the defense, but I'd rather invest that money elsewhere. I think at this current juncture, our DL is over rated, or going by reputation and name alone.

I don't see them being that good anymore. Tuck's injuries look to be catching up to him, and Osi, is disappearing more times than showing up.

I can see this defense getting a complete face list in the future. The aged and injured players won't be extended, and us playing younger, healthier guys.

Giantsfan1080
10-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Good post NYG. It's very possible this defense just aged over night. Everyone might be walking soon. How could Tuck and Osi completely dissapear in an offseason though? I don't get it.

D-Unit
10-01-2012, 02:12 PM
You guys are still probably the most dangerous 2-2 team out there... that is, if it ain't the Redskins. RG3 is absolutely killin' it! His comeback yesterday was fricken unreal.

Forenci
10-01-2012, 02:14 PM
Good post NYG. It's very possible this defense just aged over night. Everyone might be walking soon. How could Tuck and Osi completely dissapear in an offseason though? I don't get it.

Well Tuck did struggle early on, but most people assume that's because of injuries. Maybe he's just conserving his strength for the second half, I'm not really sure.

Osi just seems like he's lost a step and is now purely a one trick pony. His whole game is getting the first step off the line and beating his man around the corner and now that's gone.

D-Unit
10-01-2012, 02:16 PM
What's up with JPP? I have him in fantasy and he's not doing me ANY favors compared to other DL.

Forenci
10-01-2012, 02:16 PM
Probably because the entire offensive line is trying to block him. He's getting a ton of pressure and stopping the run like a mad man, it's just not showing up in terms of sacks.

Jughead10
10-01-2012, 02:28 PM
JPP is SO strong. All he needs to do is get his hands on the side of your leg, and you're going down.

D-Unit
10-01-2012, 02:30 PM
Probably because the entire offensive line is trying to block him. He's getting a ton of pressure and stopping the run like a mad man, it's just not showing up in terms of sacks.
Got me 2 tackles yesterday. Not quite the mad man I was hoping for.

Jughead10
10-01-2012, 02:31 PM
Got me 2 tackles yesterday. Not quite the mad man I was hoping for.

I thought he had a really good game last night except for 1 play. The rest of the line isn't showing up. And if him and Osi are in on the same play, you can guarantee any run play called will be run at Osi.

Giantsfan1080
10-01-2012, 02:36 PM
JPP has been a monster. He's doing just as well as last year it's not showing up in the stats.

Osi played run terrible yesterday but the LB's and CB's were also no where to be found on those Mccoy outsiders. Just a terrible job by the D overall on that.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-01-2012, 02:37 PM

It wouldn't be the first time a team or a side of the ball took a nose dive. Seattle Seahawks had the best OL at one point and a good back in Alexander. It all seemed like once Steve Hutchinson left for the Vikings, that things changed. That OL got older and fell of a cliff, and Alexander couldn't do anything.

I feel like this fork in the road or early symptoms could be red light in that this defense is now older in some spots. Perhaps injuries have accelerated things. Webster looks older, and Osi and Tuck haven't been the same.

We will have to make cuts and decide not to re-sign players that are fan favorites. I can see this happening on the defense and offense. But defensive may have to do with age vs production.

KP
Rolle
Webster
Tuck
Os
Boley perhaps
Maybe even Canty

I'd hate to be Reese and have to decide who stays and who goes. With the offense we could see changes too. One major one is Bradshaw, who i like. He may be a guy that be cut because of salary vs the production he has put up.

Look at it this way. With all this we managed 2 SBs in our window. Now it's time to add younger guys, PLAY them, and develop them. We can be emotional and invest money in the older guys that were here, but I think that's not the way to do it for the future.

Giantsfan1080
10-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Let's just hope that when Canty goes back our D steps it up again.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-01-2012, 03:10 PM
Let's just hope that when Canty goes back our D steps it up again.

He is another guy that will be watched closely. He will be turning 30 this Nov. and is getting paid a lot. If he isn't playing well, then he could be very well gone. I doubt we will pay him for avg production. So these are all the decisions that await Reese.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-01-2012, 03:13 PM
MCL Sprain for Phillips - Week to Week

Giantsfan1080
10-01-2012, 03:47 PM
MCL Sprain for Phillips - Week to Week

About the best we could hope for.

The Nicks thing sounds a lot more serious know than they're letting on. Without him we're probably done if the D is going to continue to play like crap.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-01-2012, 03:52 PM
About the best we could hope for.

The Nicks thing sounds a lot more serious know than they're letting on. Without him we're probably done if the D is going to continue to play like crap.

You know about Nicks, I forget he is only 24 years old. The way he gets hurt constantly, one would guess he is 28-30 years old. Close to getting older, and perhaps slower. Injuries wearing on him. And then I check his stats out and see the kid is 24 years old!!!!! 24!!!!!! And yet has he ever played a full season? It seems like year after year something is wrong with him.

I love his talent, but if you had a break the bank for him, would you? I always would say yes, but now, not so much. I want him re-signed, but I'd put a price on him, and if he wants more then let him leave. The fact he gets hurt what seems year after year bothers me.

bigbluedefense
10-01-2012, 03:52 PM

4 things:

1. Teams are max protecting a lot vs us. And Fewell isn't adjusting by bringing more pressure.

2. Tuck just isn't a great pass rusher. He's much better rushing inside as a DT, but as an overall pass rusher he's always been overrated. His best season he had 12 sacks (I think), and he's never had big sack totals. He's versatile, but with age and injuries, I would give serious consideration on not re-signing him bc his price tag will exceed his production moving forward.

3. Kiwi is an avg pass rusher. A 8 sack a season guy in a full time role, nothing more.

4. Osi is Osi. He'll be fine.

D-Unit
10-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Is Marvin Austin healthy?

bigbluedefense
10-01-2012, 03:57 PM
You know about Nicks, I forget he is only 24 years old. The way he gets hurt constantly, one would guess he is 28-30 years old. Close to getting older, and perhaps slower. Injuries wearing on him. And then I check his stats out and see the kid is 24 years old!!!!! 24!!!!!! And yet has he ever played a full season? It seems like year after year something is wrong with him.

I love his talent, but if you had a break the bank for him, would you? I always would say yes, but now, not so much. I want him re-signed, but I'd put a price on him, and if he wants more then let him leave. The fact he gets hurt what seems year after year bothers me.

Nicks is a beast. And these injuries will actually bring the price down, it's a blessing in disguise.

Nicks has a lot of Fitzgerald in him the way he attacks the ball in the air.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Nicks is a beast. And these injuries will actually bring the price down, it's a blessing in disguise.

Nicks has a lot of Fitzgerald in him the way he attacks the ball in the air.

You'd hope it does. If not, then what? I am not paying for a guy who gets hurt every single year. Well, I am not actually paying anyways, but you get the idea. I don't want us investing in Nicks for a large sum, if the guy gets hurt year after year.

Nicks talent is never the issue. It's if the guy will bless us and play that day or will he be out.

Giantsfan1080
10-01-2012, 04:06 PM
Nicks absolutely needs to be re-signed. Like BBD said hopefulyl we'll get him cheaper because of the injuries.

Giantsfan1080
10-01-2012, 04:07 PM

Yes and he's playing but this is his first football in over 2 years so I didn't expect much early. Hopefully he slowly gets better as the year goes on.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Hopefully, yes. But if the price remains high then what? Do you break the bank for a player who is always hurt? And it's not hurt and playing. It's seems to be hurt and out for games.

Giantsfan1080
10-01-2012, 04:15 PM
If he plays 14 games a year he's worth every penny. It's usually nothing major with him up to this point just weird stuff.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-01-2012, 04:17 PM
If he plays 14 games a year he's worth every penny. It's usually nothing major with him up to this point just weird stuff.

Well it's leg stuff. That's what bothers me. Knee, hamstring, screw in the toe type stuff. And the dude is only 24! Look how it has effected Bradshaw. Like I said, I'd re-sign him, but I am not breaking the bank for him by any means.

bigbluedefense
10-01-2012, 04:43 PM

Honestly...even if he is healthy, who cares. I didn't like the pick then, and now with him being out of football for 2 years and some change, it definitely looks like a wasted draft pick.

I'm not holding my breath for him. Never liked him.

BaLLiN
10-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Just have a sour taste in my mouth after that one.

Rosebud
10-01-2012, 07:37 PM
*shrug* It's probably cause I saw it coming but I'd have been more pissed if we just failed to show up.

BaLLiN
10-01-2012, 09:00 PM
its even worse because i pretty much guaranteed a win to the girl im with whos an eagles fan and live in PA for college. I'll be hearing this for months...

edit: at least it wasn't as bad as last time the eagles beat the giants. a kid whipped out his dick and started flailing it around right next to me, damn rednecks.

Forenci
10-01-2012, 10:14 PM
its even worse because i pretty much guaranteed a win to the girl im with whos an eagles fan and live in PA for college. I'll be hearing this for months...

edit: at least it wasn't as bad as last time the eagles beat the giants. a kid whipped out his dick and started flailing it around right next to me, damn rednecks.

Just laugh and ask her when's the last time they won the Super Bowl. Works every time.

BaLLiN
10-02-2012, 12:18 AM
Just laugh and ask her when's the last time they won the Super Bowl. Works every time.

i sent her a picture of the eagles trophy case, i was surprised she knew what i was getting at lol

Todd Bertuzzi
10-02-2012, 12:37 AM
If the season so far is any indication it may in fact be time to cut ties with Webster. Obviously there's still plenty of time to turn it around but at 30 it's starting to look like his best days might be behind him. The only problem is as evidenced early on this year, CB isn't exactly your deepest position. Prince looks like he'll be solid but injuries are a big concern there. I think you guys might end up targeting a big FA this summer and try to go for the one year turnover like we've seen recently with the Eagles(DRC/Nnamdi) and then this year with the Cowboys(Carr/Claiborne). The highlights of this year's FA class look like Talib, DRC, Shields, Grimes, McCourty, etc... I think Shields, DRC and McCourty are re-signed. I don't really see Grimes as a #1 and Talib has been just as bad and probably worse than Webster early on this year so other than a few years it's not like that would be a huge upgrade. I'm not ready to write off Webster at all just yet but if he continues like this it will be interesting to see what route you guys go.

scottyboy
10-02-2012, 01:47 AM
we need logan ryan

Giantsfan1080
10-02-2012, 08:30 AM
His stock is actually dropping a little bit because it seems his straight line speed is going to need some work. He's still a baller though.

Giantsfan1080
10-02-2012, 09:08 AM
It's going to be interesting to see what roster move we make to get Sash back on the roster. It looked like we might have to keep both Hill and Brown around now so someone else will get the chop.

Forenci
10-02-2012, 11:19 AM
I hope Prince can stay healthy. He's looked quite beastly.

bigbluedefense
10-02-2012, 11:49 AM
My gut tells me either Tracy or Ojomo (sp) go. Which sucks bc I like them both.

We should cut Jernigan, but we need the depth and he'll get another year at least to prove himself.

Forenci
10-02-2012, 11:50 AM
My gut tells me either Tracy or Ojomo (sp) go. Which sucks bc I like them both.

We should cut Jernigan, but we need the depth and he'll get another year at least to prove himself.

Are they both hurt? I know Ojomo has been but I haven't heard anything about Tracy.

bigbluedefense
10-02-2012, 11:52 AM
Are they both hurt? I know Ojomo has been but I haven't heard anything about Tracy.

I don't think Tracy is hurt, but we have an embarrassment of riches (at least on paper) at DE and can't afford to keep all of them on the roster just to keep them. We need the depth in other positions.

Giantsfan1080
10-02-2012, 12:28 PM
I hope Prince can stay healthy. He's looked quite beastly.

Absolutely awful against the run Sunday night but very very promising in the passing game. I'd like to Hosley healthy as well and get all 3 of these guys on the field.

Forenci
10-02-2012, 12:31 PM
Absolutely awful against the run Sunday night but very very promising in the passing game. I'd like to Hosley healthy as well and get all 3 of these guys on the field.

Meh, that's alright. Honestly, while I'd love to have a CB who's great against the run, if they can cover that's all that's really important. That's 90% of their job.

Stopping the run is a bonus mainly.

Giantsfan1080
10-02-2012, 12:33 PM
I'm guessing we IR Ojomo. He practiced last week but they can come up with something since he was hurt before then. We're also going to have to make room for Canty and Beckum soon.

Giantsfan1080
10-02-2012, 12:34 PM
Meh, that's alright. Honestly, while I'd love to have a CB who's great against the run, if they can cover that's all that's really important. That's 90% of their job.

Stopping the run is a bonus mainly.

Not when McCoy is gashing us on the edges like that.

bigbluedefense
10-02-2012, 12:34 PM
I don't think Beckum should make the team to be honest.

Don't need him. Why lose a good player for the sake of keeping a mediocre one?

Forenci
10-02-2012, 12:36 PM

Very true, but we had no trouble stuffing the run early in the game. And Osi sucks donkey balls and can't contain a run to save his life. The front seven should be able to stop the run. It's just when you have mediocre LB's like Blackburn and DE's who can't contain like Osi it will exacerbate your poor run stopping CB's.

bigbluedefense
10-02-2012, 12:36 PM

The run defense was awful all around. Tuck didn't set the edge, Osi didn't set the edge, Chase was god awful, Kiwi can't wrap up, losing Kenny took Rolle out of the box, Boley isn't a run stuffer, there was a lot of factors involved.

I've said it all season long, the tackle numbers from our LB core is startling. We need a change in the LB core. We need to bench Kiwi and Chase, and start Herzlich and Rivers (when healthy).

I'd like to see Jacquan out there more vs a speed back like McCoy too.

Giantsfan1080
10-02-2012, 12:37 PM
I don't think Beckum should make the team to be honest.

Don't need him. Why lose a good player for the sake of keeping a mediocre one?

Agreed. They might just decide to IR Beckum or release him.

Giantsfan1080
10-02-2012, 12:38 PM
It's these damn hammy injuries to Rivers and Hosley. Get them some good massages preferrably with a happy ending for them.

Forenci
10-02-2012, 12:43 PM
Jesus, I forgot Beckum was even on the team anymore. He's so terrible.

scottyboy
10-02-2012, 12:45 PM
Chase actually played pretty well you guys

bigbluedefense
10-02-2012, 12:47 PM
Chase actually played pretty well you guys

If playing the A and B gap is playing well, then sure. But he's a MIKE, he's supposed to play up to the C gap, and he got washed out of way too many run plays for my liking.

I love Chase, he's one of my favorite Giants of all time, but it's time for a change. Start Herzlich. We need more speed out there.

We need more speed and we need better tackling. Herzlich and Williams will give us that.

bigbluedefense
10-02-2012, 12:52 PM
The injuries in our secondary are really hurting the way we play defense too. Turdsicle doesn't trust our DBs so he's playing a lot of zone and not blitzing as much.

Once we get a healthy KP, Hosely, and Webster at full strength (remember he can't press bc he has a broken hand) we'll see what Turd does with our defense.

Right now we have to find a way to survive. That means we have to score more points basically, our defense will be poor statistically until we get healthy in the secondary.

Giantsfan1080
10-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Webster has a hard cast on his hand so he can definitely press. That wasn't his problem Sunday night.

scottyboy
10-02-2012, 01:00 PM
webster's problem is that he's slowing down. He's just not as fast or quick as he used to be. He was never a speedster, but now that he's aging, it's catching up to him. We need DL, OL and DB's. We've got good depth and youth at LB with Herz, Williams, Rivers and even Boley, so for once, we're ok there. WR, a trio of Nicks-Cruz-Randle down the road should prove to not be a problem. Brown and Wilson are young guys who have talent. Eli is Eli. And we've proven to get by with scrap heap TE's, so going into this offseason, OT, DL and DB are the main priority. You know, a first round OL, a 2nd round DL and 3rd round DB doesn't sound too bad to me.

bigbluedefense
10-02-2012, 01:10 PM
We might need to reevaluate our LB core though. Is it really that good? Bc right now it's been awful, the tackle numbers are terrible. They don't fly to the ball, they are poor tacklers, they get washed out of the run game and get blocked far too often.

They just don't play well.

The young guys need a chance to prove themselves, but Boley won't get benched, and Kiwi probably won't either. The only guy who might lose his job is Chase, but that alone might not be enough to turn this unit around.

scottyboy
10-02-2012, 01:12 PM
but at this point, it's far from our biggest weakness. We have capable guys out there, Boley, Rivers, Williams, Chase, Kiwi, Herz. They can all get the job done. Would I love to have a kick ass, scary, run stuffing LB'er there to hit people in the mouth and get stuff done? Of course, but that's a luxury we can't afford right now with other glaring weaknesses

bigbluedefense
10-02-2012, 01:14 PM
I agree. I'm really just venting bc I want an in season adjustment that I know will not happen.

For the draft, I think CB, DE, and OL are our clear priorities. It will depend on the board of course, who we take, but my priorities are CB, DE then OL in that order.

scottyboy
10-02-2012, 01:32 PM
I'm not sure it even has to be DE, it could be DT. I know you hate Austin, and Kuhn's probably a JAG. We need Canty back, him and Linval is a good combo, but I wouldn't be upset with a DT early and roll with Tuck, JPP, Ojomo and Tracy next year. I wanna see what they can do.

OL and CB are probably my biggest priority right now.

Giantsfan1080
10-02-2012, 01:35 PM
DL, OL, and CB for sure.

bigbluedefense
10-02-2012, 01:37 PM
I'm scared of drafting DTs early these days. The bust rate is just too high for my liking. I think you can get a good DT in rounds 2 and 3. Especially an undersized gap shooter. Just have em bulk up as we redshirt them, and you have your depth DT. Problem solved.

I love DEs.

bigbluedefense
10-02-2012, 01:39 PM
OL is the 3rd need on my board for 2 reasons:

1. Eli is Eli. His OL is dogshit and he still balls out. Once the OL starts effecting our production on offense, I'll be more concerned. But our offense is still great, even with a terrible OL. That's a testament to how good Eli is. If the right guy is BPA on our board, then sure, but I'm not reaching for an OLmen in the 1st just bc.

2. **** offense. We won 2 SBs drafting defense early and often. Let's stick to the winning formula.

Giantsfan1080
10-02-2012, 01:41 PM
I'm scared of drafting DTs early these days. The bust rate is just too high for my liking. I think you can get a good DT in rounds 2 and 3. Especially an undersized gap shooter. Just have em bulk up as we redshirt them, and you have your depth DT. Problem solved.

I love DEs.

Scott Vallone. Problem solved.

Forenci
10-02-2012, 02:14 PM
OL is the 3rd need on my board for 2 reasons:

1. Eli is Eli. His OL is dogshit and he still balls out. Once the OL starts effecting our production on offense, I'll be more concerned. But our offense is still great, even with a terrible OL. That's a testament to how good Eli is. If the right guy is BPA on our board, then sure, but I'm not reaching for an OLmen in the 1st just bc.

2. **** offense. We won 2 SBs drafting defense early and often. Let's stick to the winning formula.

I agree, but Eli is getting older. Granted right now he'll be in his prime the next 3-4 years, but we don't want him taking too many hits, even though he is tough as hell. Plus it never hurts to have a good OL for the running game and just to give Eli even more time to throw the ball.

I generally agree about defense though. Keep drafting in the trenches/secondary. If there's anything I've learned its that LBers are overrated. If you've got a great secondary and defensive line, you can get away with poor LBers. Whereas the opposite isn't true. Great LBers can't fix your coverage and will not be able to get enough pressure on their own.

Part of the reason our run defense sucks is because Osi/Tuck haven't been great against the run and Linval is all by himself. Getting Canty back should help that though, hopefully.

I think Reese's philosophy is pretty great. Draft DB's, DL and WR's early. Fill in LB, OL, TE, RB for the most part with lower round guys and free agents.

BaLLiN
10-02-2012, 02:15 PM
not having Rivers was noticeable, he needs to make a speedy recovery, as does Nicks.

BigBlueNorwegian
10-03-2012, 07:42 AM
Ray Lewis was asked in an interview last night to name one young defensive player he loved watching, and he without hesitation started talking about JPP. Said he had begun to study JPP and even tried to incorporate some of his hand movement in his own repertoire. That's awesome praise for JPP.

He's such a beast, we need Tuck and Osi to get their **** together, so our opponents can't just triple team JPP all game long.

Giantsfan1080
10-03-2012, 07:51 AM
I don't like all these reports coming out from the team that Randle is lazy and isn't working hard enough. I disliked the pick as it is but now we're starting to hear some crappy stuff. Get it together Reuben!

BigBlueNorwegian
10-03-2012, 08:07 AM
I don't like all these reports coming out from the team that Randle is lazy and isn't working hard enough. I disliked the pick as it is but now we're starting to hear some crappy stuff. Get it together Reuben!

I heard Collinsworth mention that on sunday night as well. get your **** together Reuben!! We might need you to step up bigtime if Nicks' knee keep holding him back!

NY+Giants=NYG
10-03-2012, 08:09 AM
I wonder if it's effort, or because the scheme is harder due to WR rules, specifically option routes and choice routes. I wonder if that is hard for him to get and thus not really putting in the time.

Giantsfan1080
10-03-2012, 08:13 AM
Well Victor Cruz also made some comments that agreed with Collinsworth. I think the playbook is too hard for him and he's not putting in enough time to get it down.

Jughead10
10-03-2012, 08:14 AM
Eh I'm not too worried. It's a rough playbook. Manningham didn't see the field at all for the first year and turned out to be a decent player. Randle, and more importantly Wilson, make us much more dangerous in returns.

Giantsfan1080
10-03-2012, 08:18 AM
Eh I'm not too worried. It's a rough playbook. Manningham didn't see the field at all for the first year and turned out to be a decent player. Randle, and more importantly Wilson, make us much more dangerous in returns.

It's not that he doesn't know the playbook right away, I get that. The problem is that someone on the staff or team released some comments to Collinsworth and then Cruz echoed the same things publically. That's a little disheartening to hear.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-03-2012, 08:22 AM
Well that's not good keeping things in house is what we should do. But I wonder if the system is too hard and the fact be is lower on the depth chart. So maybe he feels like even if i understand this I probably wont play anyways.

Giantsfan1080
10-03-2012, 08:28 AM
That's a terrible attitude for a football player. With the injuries that happen all the time he's a couple of snaps away from being on the field. I hope that's not his thought process.

Jughead10
10-03-2012, 08:30 AM
It's not that he doesn't know the playbook right away, I get that. The problem is that someone on the staff or team released some comments to Collinsworth and then Cruz echoed the same things publically. That's a little disheartening to hear.

Could that have been done with a purpose to motivate? Coughlin doesn't normally play those games through the media but maybe Gilbride or Reese said something.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-03-2012, 08:37 AM
More and more now I seem to wish for another offensive system. Matt Ryan is now in a new system and doing very well. I just want a different system, but I do understand that's not happening until Coughlin leaves.

bigbluedefense
10-03-2012, 08:58 AM
More and more now I seem to wish for another offensive system. Matt Ryan is now in a new system and doing very well. I just want a different system, but I do understand that's not happening until Coughlin leaves.

No. Eli has been in this system for his entire career, we're married to this system at this point.

Who cares about stats. I care about wins. Don't worry about how many touchdown passes Eli throws. You need to get over that.

I've actually grown to like Gilbride's system a lot. It's complex, but when you understand it, it's a great system. It can compete against any defense.

Giantsfan1080
10-03-2012, 09:00 AM
I'm fine with the system at this point. We just need Reese to bring in the right players for it and I do trust that they will do it. It's the defensive system that has me throwing stuff at the wall.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-03-2012, 09:27 AM
No. Eli has been in this system for his entire career, we're married to this system at this point.

Who cares about stats. I care about wins. Don't worry about how many touchdown passes Eli throws. You need to get over that.

I've actually grown to like Gilbride's system a lot. It's complex, but when you understand it, it's a great system. It can compete against any defense.

I care about both! Why can't we have both? People make it sound like if you get stats you are not winning. I want both! No, I never never get over it because I know he can be even more productive in another system. And since that's my side of the ball, it eats at me like HCl.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-03-2012, 09:29 AM
Only some people understand the system. I hate to see Eli still gesturing to players where to go. Eventually the players have to get this system down perfectly.

I am interested to see if R.R. can get this down or not.

Brown Leader
10-03-2012, 09:37 AM
It wouldn't be the first time a team or a side of the ball took a nose dive. Seattle Seahawks had the best OL at one point and a good back in Alexander. It all seemed like once Steve Hutchinson left for the Vikings, that things changed. That OL got older and fell of a cliff, and Alexander couldn't do anything.

I feel like this fork in the road or early symptoms could be red light in that this defense is now older in some spots. Perhaps injuries have accelerated things. Webster looks older, and Osi and Tuck haven't been the same.

We will have to make cuts and decide not to re-sign players that are fan favorites. I can see this happening on the defense and offense. But defensive may have to do with age vs production.

KP
Rolle
Webster
Tuck
Os
Boley perhaps
Maybe even Canty

I'd hate to be Reese and have to decide who stays and who goes. With the offense we could see changes too. One major one is Bradshaw, who i like. He may be a guy that be cut because of salary vs the production he has put up.

Look at it this way. With all this we managed 2 SBs in our window. Now it's time to add younger guys, PLAY them, and develop them. We can be emotional and invest money in the older guys that were here, but I think that's not the way to do it for the future.
Do not fret! You have a rookie RT, a rookie QB who hardly moves, a rookie filled WR corps, and essentially the same offense as last week up next. Honestly, if your line doesn't dominate this game, then it's really time to worry. I'd would think the threat out the backfield of Vick and McCoy slowed up the Giants rush considerably. The only issue on Sunday would be if they open up run lanes to Richardson trying to destroy Weeden. And the only real threat for your secondary is probably tiny Travis Benjamin. He's basically a raw DeSean Jackson and they've been trying to get him touches in every way.

Nicks absolutely needs to be re-signed. Like BBD said hopefulyl we'll get him cheaper because of the injuries.
This would be a great start for Banner/Heckert or whoever in Cleveland to sign Nicks. I really don't think the injuries will be a huge factor-someone will ante up big for him.

bigbluedefense
10-03-2012, 10:10 AM
I care about both! Why can't we have both? People make it sound like if you get stats you are not winning. I want both! No, I never never get over it because I know he can be even more productive in another system. And since that's my side of the ball, it eats at me like HCl.

There's no point in completely tearing down the system in place just for the sake of having better stats. Who cares.

We have 2 stud WRs who thrive in this system who have excellent chemistry with Eli in Cruz and Nicks. Those 3 together are almost unstoppable at times. What we need to do is keep those 3 together as long as possible, while developing talent behind them. Draft the right players. Trust the system.

The system is not the problem. NE runs a very similar system, and they put up numbers on everyone. Buffalo runs a similar system. None as complex as ours, but very similar.

You can have both stats and wins in the system, you just have to change some of the situational playcalling.

But who cares? I just want to win. If it means running for touchdowns then so be it. I just want to win.

Don't worry about Eli. He'll go to the HOF. He has his rings. He doesn't need to prove himself to anyone anymore.

Let's just win.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-03-2012, 10:14 AM
There's no point in completely tearing down the system in place just for the sake of having better stats. Who cares.

We have 2 stud WRs who thrive in this system who have excellent chemistry with Eli in Cruz and Nicks. Those 3 together are almost unstoppable at times. What we need to do is keep those 3 together as long as possible, while developing talent behind them. Draft the right players. Trust the system.

The system is not the problem. NE runs a very similar system, and they put up numbers on everyone. Buffalo runs a similar system. None as complex as ours, but very similar.

You can have both stats and wins in the system, you just have to change some of the situational playcalling.

But who cares? I just want to win. If it means running for touchdowns then so be it. I just want to win.

Don't worry about Eli. He'll go to the HOF. He has his rings. He doesn't need to prove himself to anyone anymore.

Let's just win.

Well it's not just only stats. You know how I feel about this going back from my game break downs. One goes left, player goes right, and Eli looking at the guy, like WTF are you doing? What route are you running?

Time and time we see that. I am so sick and tired of that. I really, really, want to see our offensive players in a new system. I think we can get better productivity out of our players. No messed up routes or adjustments. If the ball goes left, the player will be going left. For once on a consistent basis I'd love to see that!

Not to mention, our red zone play calling is completely bush league! We can go 20 to 20 faster than any team in the league. However, once there our MVP Tynes gets called upon. I can't stand our red zone play calling.

I am starting to really, really want a system change. I do understand it won't happen, but I am just about tired of it now.

Giantsfan1080
10-03-2012, 10:39 AM
Tons of players not practicing today. Timex Center is a hospital pretty much.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-03-2012, 11:36 AM
Tons of players not practicing today. Timex Center is a hospital pretty much.

When has it not been? It seems like every year it is. Someone posted last year a picture of T2 in a hospital gown saying that's our teams new alternative uniform! LOL.

Giantsfan1080
10-03-2012, 02:43 PM
Eli calling out Randle also:

@HubbuchNYP: Eli agrees that Reuben Randle needs to work harder and prepare better. Interesting coming from Manning, who rarely criticizes teammates.

Forenci
10-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Sounds like they're tying to motivate him. I won't lie, I'm not a big fan of drafting guys who are slackers. Sometimes you can turn them around, but in most cases you can't.

scottyboy
10-03-2012, 02:49 PM
you know who's not a slacker?

Sanu.

boom

Forenci
10-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Yes but Sanu couldn't create separation from a turtle. A turtle on its back.

Giantsfan1080
10-03-2012, 02:52 PM
He could throw 70 yard TD passes though!!

scottyboy
10-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Yes but Sanu couldn't create separation from a turtle. A turtle on its back.

he has more touchdowns this year than Randle.

Case closed!

bigbluedefense
10-03-2012, 03:08 PM
Stephen Hill isn't a slacker.... :(

Giantsfan1080
10-03-2012, 04:18 PM
Stephen Hill isn't a slacker.... :(

Randle is your guy, you're supposed to defend him haha.

bigbluedefense
10-03-2012, 06:33 PM
Randle is your guy, you're supposed to defend him haha.

I still have high hopes for him, but I can't defend poor work ethic. I like Randle, but Hill was still my first choice. I didn't expect much this year from any of our rookies anyway to be honest.

BaLLiN
10-03-2012, 08:16 PM
This is the first time I've ever heard anything of the sort about Randle. In college his teammates said he was exemplary to all of them and seemed to always be doing the right thing. I don't know where this is coming from

Rosebud
10-03-2012, 08:36 PM
This is the first time I've ever heard anything of the sort about Randle. In college his teammates said he was exemplary to all of them and seemed to always be doing the right thing. I don't know where this is coming from

You sure about that? Cause I remember hearing rumors about this type of thing around draft time. Which was part of why I wasn't a fan. That he wasn't putting in a lot of time off the field.

Giantsfan1080
10-03-2012, 09:09 PM
It's certainly no coincidence this is all coming out. Eli is a king with the media so for him to even comment on it means something is going on. You've never really seen that with this team in regards to calling out younger players.

Giantsfan1080
10-04-2012, 12:12 PM
Dottino is reporting that Antrel Rolle will be out for Sunday. No Rolle and Phillips makes this a game.

scottyboy
10-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Dottino is reporting that Antrel Rolle will be out for Sunday. No Rolle and Phillips makes this a game.

what. the. ****

scottyboy
10-04-2012, 12:41 PM
i just read on twitter that coughlin expects Rolle to play Sunday

Giantsfan1080
10-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Well that's good. Webster has a hamstring injury also now as well. This is just insane.

bigbluedefense
10-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Hopefully we get all our injuries out of the way now so we can be healthy for the playoffs?

Amirite?

Rosebud
10-04-2012, 01:06 PM
Hopefully we get all our injuries out of the way now so we can be healthy for the playoffs?

Amirite?

Sounds about right to me.

scottyboy
10-04-2012, 01:11 PM
yeah, i'm ok with that I guess.

Luckily it's cleveland and our pass rush and Eli/Cruz SHOULD be able to scrape by a W and look for the niners. Hopefully Nicks will be good by then but we may be in trouble if he and KP are out a while. It'll be nice to get Canty back. Will he be back for the niners game, or after? Is it out 6 weeks or back the 6th? I think it's out the first 6, isn't it?

NY+Giants=NYG
10-04-2012, 01:38 PM
Check this out! LOL We have major issues with our S&C for our team.

Thursday's Injury Report

Out
WR Hakeem Nicks (Foot/Knee)

Did Not Participate in Practice
WR Ramses Barden (Concussion)
DT Rocky Bernard (Quadriceps)
LB Michael Boley (Hip)
CB Jayron Hosley (Hamstring)
S Kenny Phillips (Knee)
S Antrel Rolle (Knee)
G Chris Snee (Hip)
CB Corey Webster (Hand/Hamstring)

Limited Participation in Practice
T David Diehl (Knee)
LB Keith Rivers (Hamstring)

Giantsfan1080
10-04-2012, 01:51 PM
It has nothing to do with S&C.

I think Canty can come back for the Redskins game in Week 7.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-04-2012, 07:41 PM
Of course it does. Every year our team resembles a hospital. We should make a change and see what happens. Christ ole mighty, I haven't seen it this bad since the Panthers playoff game, where we were signing Lbs off the street! God I hated that game.

Giantsfan1080
10-05-2012, 07:35 AM
I disagree. Injuries happen, end of story.I think the way these guys work out now probably creates more injuries.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Not like this every year. How many of the same kind of injuries do we see?

Webster-Hamstring
Hosely - Hamstring
Rivers - Hamstring
Coe- Hamstring

Well that's the point. Working out and how they condition themselves and build up their bodies. That's the issue. The S&C coach needs to change the work out routine for these guys. Injuries happen every year but the way we get hit and the same types of ones that reoccur is cause for concern.

Giantsfan1080
10-05-2012, 11:20 AM
It's coincidence.

Giantsfan1080
10-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Barden, Hosley, Bernard, Nicks and Kenny Phillips Out

Rivers and Diehl Doubtful

Rosebud
10-05-2012, 11:59 AM
We really need Nicks and Kenny to be back next week. Hosley would be nice to, but those two we have to have back.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Put the JV team in! One would think it's week 15 or 16 in the season with everyone hurt. Nope! Week 5 baby!

So I guess, Cruz, Hixon, and then JJ and Randle as our Wr corps.

Giantsfan1080
10-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Boley, Rolle, Snee, Webster questionable.

scottyboy
10-05-2012, 01:09 PM
Boley, Rolle, Snee, Webster questionable.

WHAT THE ****

I expect Rolle and Webster to play though

Giantsfan1080
10-05-2012, 01:15 PM
WHAT THE ****

I expect Rolle and Webster to play though

Ummmmmm go Scarlet Knights! Forenci will pay for his transgressions tomorrow.

bigbluedefense
10-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Omg, I want to take the biggest dump on Connecticut tomorrow.

Sorry Forenci. But **** Connecticut.

Giantsfan1080
10-05-2012, 04:52 PM
I don't know why I always get so pissed when people discredit Eli. I don't understand what the poor guy has to do at this point. I also vowed I would never discuss him again in the NFL Forum but I just can't help myself.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-05-2012, 06:29 PM
Nicks' injuries cloud his Giants future

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/64524/nicks-injuries-cloud-his-giants-future

And that issue is this: Can the Giants realistically expect to keep both Nicks and Cruz long-term? And if not, which should they pick?

Except, of course, for this little matter of the injuries. Nicks is no stranger to leg problems. He missed two games in his rookie season, three in his second season and one last year, and this year's count is already up to three. He also missed training camp this season due to the foot bone he broke in spring practice. No matter how highly you think of him (and I do think quite highly of him), this is his fourth year and he's had injuries in all four that have cost him games. That stuff matters when assessing a player's value.

Giantsfan1080
10-05-2012, 06:32 PM
Since you bring that up I'm very surprised we haven't locked up any of our younger players yet.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-05-2012, 06:36 PM
I posted an Eli stats in this thread a while back about times we throw downfield. If you can find it it's a good one. I will see on BBI if someone has it.

Giantsfan1080
10-05-2012, 06:38 PM
I give up arguing about Eli. I vowed not to do it anymore. Whatever like I've said the last 2 or 3 years all of us here know what we have.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-05-2012, 06:53 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...content_stream

NFL.com QB rankings article.

Here are some stats posted on BBI.

109 -- Passing attempts of longer than 20 yards by Eli Manning in 2011, 20 more than the next quarterback in the deep-ball rankings.

88.5 -- Percentage of drop-backs on which Eli Manning was pressured but avoided being sacked, the best escape rate in the league (minimum: 100 pressures).

220 -- League-high number of plays on which Giants linemen allowed such pressure, 15 more than any other team.

All of that gives you even more info on how good Manning was last season, and how bad the offensive line was. It makes the 4,933 yards passing and all of those comebacks seem even more amazing..

NY+Giants=NYG
10-05-2012, 06:54 PM
I am creating a stat dumping thread so we have stuff easily accessible. I hate posting stuff and then going back where to find it.

BaLLiN
10-06-2012, 09:08 PM
If the giants don't win I will most definitely need to be on suicide watch, this week has ****** me sideways.

bigbluedefense
10-07-2012, 03:34 PM
The tackling from this defense is awful. The linebackers are awful at shooting gaps and making tackles, the DBs aren't great tacklers outside of Rolle, the back 7 just does a terrible job wrapping up.

The biggest problems are in the LB core. We talked up this LB core all offseason and TC how good and deep they are. Well, the truth is, this LB core is awful.

Boley is strictly a coverage LB. He's useless in the run game. He's soft in the run game and can't play downhill at all. Kiwi isn't a linebacker, and can't wrap up. Chase is just washed up. I'm sorry, I love the guy but he sucks. He gets washed out of almost every play.

Our linebackers are a big problem. We need Herzlich to start to get a spark in the LB core, we need to replace all 3 starting linebackers next year.

I'm hoping we let Boley walk, let Williams get the WILL spot, replace Chase with Herzlich, and we need a solution at SAM.

Bc right now, this starting LB core is pathetic. And something needs to be done about it.

Forenci
10-07-2012, 03:45 PM
LB could use a good overhaul. I like Boley though, even if he does suck in the run game. It's never bad to have a coverage LB who can neutralize the tight end.

Overall we did okay. Richardson is a tough back. I'm more concerned with our lack of pass rush. JPP was getting wrecked on a few plays.

bigbluedefense
10-07-2012, 03:46 PM
And Justin Tuck is pissing me off.

Ditto for Osi. Want an easy 7 yards? Just run right at Osi. 7 yards easy.

The only person on that DL that's earning his paycheck is JPP. Joseph is mediocre too. He's not worth extending. He's a 2 down run thumper who offers nothing as a pass rusher. We can replace him in the middle of the draft.

scottyboy
10-07-2012, 03:46 PM
the Chase hate has got to stop. He's pretty damn good in coverage for a white dude. he knows the D and is the QB back there, we can't over look that. Boley's been very meh thus far, but has made good plays on the ball. Rivers should be our SAM, dude just can't stay healthy. There are so many other problems on this D. We need Canty back, we need pressure up front, and we need depth at DB. Brown made nice plays, Hill too, but were just meh in coverage.

Forenci
10-07-2012, 03:48 PM
Haha, Chase isn't that good Scotty. He's a solid back up and good special teams player but there is no way he should be starting for us. And he's not a good cover linebacker. He gets the occasionally gimme interception but other than that he's not too great.

bigbluedefense
10-07-2012, 03:52 PM
the Chase hate has got to stop. He's pretty damn good in coverage for a white dude. he knows the D and is the QB back there, we can't over look that. Boley's been very meh thus far, but has made good plays on the ball. Rivers should be our SAM, dude just can't stay healthy. There are so many other problems on this D. We need Canty back, we need pressure up front, and we need depth at DB. Brown made nice plays, Hill too, but were just meh in coverage.

I don't care what color he is. He just doesn't have it anymore. He can't make tackles, he can't shed blocks, he doesn't pursue the ball, he's just not good. I don't know how you can say he's been doing good, he's been awful. Knowing the plays is overrated. Boley could call the plays. It's not like Chase is audibling like how Pierce did.

He had 3 tackles. 3 ******* tackles. From our middle linebacker vs a team that ran the ball right at our front 7 the entire first half. 3 tackles.

He's awful. I love Chase, but he was on the street for a reason. It's time to bench him.

And the front 4 doesn't get pressure bc everyone is max protecting vs us and Fewell isn't blitzing to counter it bc he doesn't trust our secondary.

scottyboy
10-07-2012, 04:01 PM
you killed your own argument with the "on the street for a reason" line. God forbid everyone remember how much better our D was when we signed him. He's not a world beater, and we could obviously use an upgrade, but it's so far down the list of needs it's ridiculous. Let's worry about improving our dog **** Dline. the one that's gotten no pressure and is getting devoured. It's embarrassing

BigBlueNorwegian
10-07-2012, 04:59 PM
I'm sorry Scotty, but Blackburn needs to ride pine the rest of the season. Actually I logged on just to rant about him, but saw that he already had gotten torn a new asshole by BBD. Just look at one of the many screens they ran at us, or the off tackle runs, or even the ones right up our gut. He was going backwards or ending up on the ground almost every time. I like him a lot as a person and he will always be a part of Giants history, but he is best suited for special teams and as a emergency option at LB at this point in his career.

Otherwise, good win today. The offense was awesome, when you consider the injuries. Reuben Randle played well, that was nice to see. I heard Eli had a 1 on 1 session with him on thursday night, going over plays for this game. Eli is so awesome.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-07-2012, 05:08 PM
I hate our defense so much! Year in and year out for the regular season I now have lowered my expectations to nothing. I hate that side of the ball. Stupid defense can't do anything! Damn shoot out with the damn browns. Lol

BigBlueNorwegian
10-07-2012, 05:11 PM
I hate our defense so much! Year in and year out for the regular season I now have lowered my expectations to nothing. I hate that side of the ball. Stupid defense can't do anything! Damn shoot out with the damn browns. Lol

To be fair to the defense though, two of their scoring drives came after turnovers which put them in excellent field position, and one came after a long kick return. But yeah, they haven't played up to their normal standards.

scottyboy
10-07-2012, 05:17 PM
as much as we could upgrade over Chase, we don't have anyone to do it. Herz hasn't seen anytime, and I trust the coaching staff over us. I just wanna see Rivers healthy because he's awesome. Kiwi did literally nothing today. I wanna just throw him back at DE because that's where he'd do the best for us at this point

Giantsfan1080
10-07-2012, 06:37 PM
Herz has to better than Chase. I don't blame Chase though. It's Fewell. Hopefully everyone is back next week. Phillips and Canty hopefully the week after. This team is good.

scottyboy
10-07-2012, 06:51 PM
we need Nicks for the niners. We just do

I'd really enjoy Hosley to play as well

Giantsfan1080
10-07-2012, 06:56 PM
Kiwi is invisible. Throw Williams and hopefully Rivers out there next week.

BamaFalcon59
10-07-2012, 06:56 PM
DAVID WILSON!

The future.

BaLLiN
10-08-2012, 12:43 AM
I don't know if you noticed but on the David Wilson TD run Cleveland paid extra attention to setting the edges. I like that teams need to respect his speed, it definitely helped open the middle of the field.

Secondly I agree with the overall consensus that we need some changes at linebacker, and one that we've mentioned before that Kiwi can't play LB. I don't understand why moving tuck inside and Kiwi down to DE isn't even experimented with. We are very thin at DT and Tuck isn't generating anything on the outside. Not saying that Kiwi could either, but both are hurting us at their current positions.

I hope no one expects Stevie Brown to play significant time after this game, he was in the right place twice, but that long TD to Gordon was his fault (from what it looks like). He was completely oblivious to the post route coming into what appeared to be his half. Chase having to cover him even underneath is just dumb and Fewell completely relying on the rush is what is also killing us.

Webster isn't playing well at all, his hand injury looks like it is really bothering him. Prince needs to be smart, he can't backpedal while being blocked, he either needs to submarine blockers to set an edge or try to fight through them.

Hakeem Nicks, Keith Rivers needs to get back on the damn field, as does Phillips. Those three and of course others, but those three are so incredibly important to us. Nicks doesn't really need any explanation, he's our best player besides Eli and JPP. Phillips is phillips, we know he's good but I am not as frustrated because I don't want to lose him, make sure he's healthy before bringing him back.

Rivers really should be our MLB with Boley and Jacquain as our OLB's. All three are fast, can cover, and are pretty good blitzers. We don't have anyone that holds their own versus blockers, so why try to embrace that kind of style? Go with this set and you have a lot more freedom to blitz and be able to compensate behind the blitz with coverage.

Forenci
10-08-2012, 01:00 AM
Some good points, Ballin.

I'm curious, I never remember seeing Prince give up a catch. I don't pay a lot of attention to the DB's while the game is going on, did anyone else notice this? Granted, it wasn't against great competition but it seems like Prince has been playing shut down since he's started. I know he's not great against the run but I'm not overly concerned about that if he's shutting his man down.

scottyboy
10-08-2012, 08:52 AM
from what I remember, Prince was awesome in coverage (not like he was going against anyone good, but still) but got smoked in run support. If he's shutting down WR's though, I'll take it

Giantsfan1080
10-08-2012, 11:13 AM
Stevie Brown admitted that TD was his fault and not Rolle or Chase.

Forenci
10-08-2012, 11:54 AM
from what I remember, Prince was awesome in coverage (not like he was going against anyone good, but still) but got smoked in run support. If he's shutting down WR's though, I'll take it

I'm okay with that. It's not ideal but Primetime could never tackle to save his life. I look at run stopping as an added bonus if a CB can do it. It's not as essential anymore in a passing league either.

bigbluedefense
10-08-2012, 12:25 PM
He's got the ability to be very good at run support though. He's physical. He's got some thickness to him.

I'm very pleased with his coverage ability so far though. Just please stay healthy.

Giantsfan1080
10-08-2012, 12:43 PM
As long as he's playing good coverage I won't worry. He can get better in the run game. Having Rivers back shall help also.

scottyboy
10-08-2012, 12:47 PM
i just really wanna beat the piss out of the niners and get this team jump started on a roll. lay a smack down, then be getting healthy with canty and hopefully KP and Nicks (although I want nicks for this week)

BaLLiN
10-08-2012, 12:48 PM
I really like Rivers and Bennett, Jerry Reese is awesome. Both these guys looked terrible with their previous teams, and they come here and already perform like they're integral parts of our team.

bigbluedefense
10-08-2012, 01:02 PM
To be honest, I don't go into any games hoping to get anything from Rivers. He's great when he's healthy, but the guy is just too injury prone.

Giantsfan1080
10-08-2012, 01:10 PM
Yeah he's only played in what 1 game so far? He looks good but he's never in and that was also his problem in Cincy. Hopefully after his hammy heals up he'll be good to go the rest of the year.

Giantsfan1080
10-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Nicks had on MRI on his knee. I hope it's not worse than they're letting on.

BaLLiN
10-08-2012, 03:10 PM
So Sash is officially on the active roster, and unsuspectedly Will Hill was suspended for 4 games because of performance enhancing drugs

BaLLiN
10-08-2012, 03:15 PM
“I received a doctor’s prescription for Adderall prior to signing with the Giants,” Hill said. “Shortly after signing with the team, I was in a meeting with (director of player development) Charles Way, who reviewed the list of the league’s banned substances. I knew at that point that this may be an issue. I was tested and the results came back that Adderall was in my system. I appealed but lost the appeal. I accept full responsibility for this situation, and it won’t happen again. The Giants have given me a great opportunity when nobody else would, and I don’t take that for granted. I feel badly this has happened. I will work hard and stay in great shape these next four weeks so I can come back and contribute to this team after my suspension.”

Edit:

whats with everyone and adderall?

Malaka
10-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Anyone know what's up with Martellus? His knee injury looked bad, but he did come back and finish the game.

Jughead10
10-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Anyone know what's up with Martellus? His knee injury looked bad, but he did come back and finish the game.

Worth keeping on eye on with our training staff. Nicks came back and finished the Tampa game and we haven't seen him since.

Rosebud
10-08-2012, 03:33 PM
“I received a doctor’s prescription for Adderall prior to signing with the Giants,” Hill said. “Shortly after signing with the team, I was in a meeting with (director of player development) Charles Way, who reviewed the list of the league’s banned substances. I knew at that point that this may be an issue. I was tested and the results came back that Adderall was in my system. I appealed but lost the appeal. I accept full responsibility for this situation, and it won’t happen again. The Giants have given me a great opportunity when nobody else would, and I don’t take that for granted. I feel badly this has happened. I will work hard and stay in great shape these next four weeks so I can come back and contribute to this team after my suspension.”

Edit:

whats with everyone and adderall?

It makes you a better person? Better question would be what's with the league and adderall?

Jughead10
10-08-2012, 03:37 PM
It makes you a better person? Better question would be what's with the league and adderall?

Very weird. I wonder if some players can fight and get that changed in the offseason. This is a big reach, but I guess the NFL can say it is performance enhancing in the film room?

Giantsfan1080
10-08-2012, 03:43 PM
That's the Grand Canyon of reaches.

Rosebud
10-08-2012, 03:45 PM
Very weird. I wonder if some players can fight and get that changed in the offseason. This is a big reach, but I guess the NFL can say it is performance enhancing in the film room?

There have to be some players out there that really need the stuff just to function, I can't see how the league denies them it. And that allowance should pave the way for all of the other guys who just use it cause it makes them better.

Giantsfan1080
10-08-2012, 03:50 PM
They do allow certain players to use it like Andre Brown. If you don't follow the NFL protocol they get pissy though. The NFL is a joke though with this stuff.

bigbluedefense
10-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Great. (10 char)

Giantsfan1080
10-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Why couldn't the Giants trade up for Watt like I wanted?

BaLLiN
10-08-2012, 11:47 PM

because prince fell right to us. I did entertain that idea too, but prince is very good right now, im not gunna complain.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-09-2012, 09:30 AM

Eh I am not worried. With our luck he'd either be hurt or ineffective in our scheme. I am more envious of that system and how solid they are on defense. Instead we have Perry freaking Fewell and this garbage of a system.

bigbluedefense
10-09-2012, 09:45 AM

You know, I liked Watt, but I wasn't the biggest fan of his. Then the combine came around and he blew me away, but at that point in the draft I was already set on some other guys and I knew he was way out of our range so I was just hoping at that point that Dallas wouldn't get him bc I didn't want to face him twice a season.

But maaaaaaaaaan, I know hindsight is 20/20, but can you imagnie a DL of JPP and Watt? Holy crap. He's much better than I ever imagined. He's a complete beast. He might be the only DLmen in the entire league I might want over JPP. Maaaybe.

But to be fair, if Prince keeps playing the way he's playing, we got a steal at 19.

Prince looks pretty damn good as long as he stays healthy. And a CB of that caliber is never something to sneeze on.

Giantsfan1080
10-09-2012, 11:28 AM
I'm very happy with Prince but yeah JPP/Watt would be insane. Watt was pretty much a top 3 player on my board that year so it's not really hindsight.

Prince is developing quickly and I'm very glad we have him.

bigbluedefense
10-09-2012, 11:31 AM
Its hindsight for me. I liked Watt and thought he'd be good, but I didn't know he'd be THIS good.

Giantsfan1080
10-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Well yeah you never really expect a 2nd year player to the best at his position. No one ever sees that coming. We went through the same thing with JPP last year.

Rosebud
10-09-2012, 11:50 AM
While Watt would be insane, I'm too happy about Prince and Watt being this good was so unpredictable, to really care. If Prince stays healthy we won't miss Webster if he really is slowing down. With Holsey also in the mix our CBs are solidly set up for the coming vet purge. We're ****** at safety if we have to replace Rolle or Kenny, but I feel good about where we're at at Corner. Probably pick another one on day one or two this year a la TT or Ross, hopefully sans the exploding knees and crippling case of old, respectively.

But our lines need a boost, it's about time to spend another high pick or big money on an OL to make the running game reliable again, plus our DL needs help, it would be nice to have a DT that can hold up against the run and penetrate for once.

Giantsfan1080
10-09-2012, 11:54 AM
Quietly our OL has been very good without Diehl. We might be set there.

Rosebud
10-09-2012, 12:03 PM
Quietly our OL has been very good without Diehl. We might be set there.

Eh, the pass pro has been solid which is all Eli needs, but there's just no way we're going to be opening holes consistently against the better front 7s in the playoffs. We could be set there if we add one high impact rookie, almost regardless of what position he plays, we just need someone out there who'll really boss DL, the way Snee used to, so that the other guys' solidness and chemistry can succeed.

bigbluedefense
10-09-2012, 12:06 PM
Makes you wonder if Diehl was the problem.

To be fair, the only real test our OL faced this year was Philly, and they didn't look good vs Philly. Cleveland, Carolina, Tampa, none of them have great edge rushers.

Giantsfan1080
10-09-2012, 12:10 PM
Philly didnt even sack Eli I'd say that's good.

Rosebud
10-09-2012, 12:18 PM
Philly didnt even sack Eli I'd say that's good.

That was more on Eli than the OL, but I'll agree that they haven't been as terrible as last year and are doing enough for Eli to make it work. Still want an ox to make our running game a dependable weapon again

Jughead10
10-09-2012, 12:22 PM
That was more on Eli than the OL, but I'll agree that they haven't been as terrible as last year and are doing enough for Eli to make it work. Still want an ox to make our running game a dependable weapon again

Yeah Eli got the ball out fast. He was harassed all night without getting sacked. Philly actually doesn't have a ton of sacks this year.

Giantsfan1080
10-09-2012, 12:37 PM
Yeah they're having trouble with the pass rush like us. Are total sacks down this year across the NFL?

Rosebud
10-09-2012, 12:38 PM
Yeah they're having trouble with the pass rush like us. Are total sacks down this year across the NFL?

Not for most teams that get to play the cardinals...

Forenci
10-09-2012, 12:59 PM
Haha, Beatty says suck it! He's played pretty solid. Much better than I had anticipated.

bigbluedefense
10-09-2012, 01:26 PM
I'm still cautious. We all know he still sucks, its just a matter of when is it gonna come out again.

Forenci
10-09-2012, 04:14 PM
I'm still cautious. We all know he still sucks, its just a matter of when is it gonna come out again.

Possibly haha. I'm not convinced either just yet. For him I really think a lot of it might have just been not practicing and playing due to injury. As you've said in the past BBD, gaining proficiency as an offensive linemen is mostly about repetition and practice. A lot of his issues were just mistakes of not knowing who to pick up, which comes with practice and playing time. He's a smart guy and he has great athleticism and physical ability so that was never really a question.

I'm hoping he has figured out. It would make the draft MUCH easier to draft for. Rather than worrying about OL in the first round or two, we can put it back a bit if there are no studs on the board when we pick.

I'd much rather focus on corner, safety, D-Line (DE or DT).

D-Unit
10-09-2012, 04:28 PM
What is going on with JPP???

Giantsfan1080
10-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Nothing is wrong with him. More double teams, more chipping and the other guys aren't doing **** so they keep their focus on JPP. He's been great in the run game and the sacks will come.

Forenci
10-09-2012, 04:33 PM
Yeah he's been doing well, it just hasn't resulted in sacks because they essentially just double/triple team him because A) we don't know how to blitz properly and free him up, B) Osi, Tuck, and everyone else along the D-Line has been terrible at getting pressure.

Rosebud
10-09-2012, 06:08 PM
What is going on with JPP???

He's single-handedly holding our DL together, that's what.

BaLLiN
10-09-2012, 06:40 PM
http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Giants-make-practice-squad-moves/30977883-28d0-4cee-8849-6899a4608186

BOOM