PDA

View Full Version : New York Giants Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Giantsfan1080
10-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Sounds like Nicks, Rivers, Barden should all be back this week. Hopefully Hosley as well. Bennet and Blackburn are added to the injury report also this week. Very excited for this game.

scottyboy
10-10-2012, 11:53 AM
we need rivers to help cover Vernon and Hosley playing the slot. the niners are all about the short stuff, so we need them to patrol the middle. I'm terrified of Gore and Co running wild on us though

bigbluedefense
10-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Hopefully Chase being hurt makes way for Herzlich to start, and hopefully he never gives up the job after that.

We need to bench Chase.

scottyboy
10-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Hopefully Chase being hurt makes way for Herzlich to start, and hopefully he never gives up the job after that.

We need to bench Chase.

the only thing I'll say it this: I trust out coaching staff more than anyone's opinions here. If they are starting Chase over Herz, it's for a reason. A reason I trust in them for.

bigbluedefense
10-10-2012, 12:16 PM
That's fair. I won't argue that.

I do know this: Chase hasn't done anything worthy of keeping the job. So if he is in fact our best option, then that tells me we have dogshit at MIKE on our team and we need to address the position in the draft.

Giantsfan1080
10-10-2012, 12:37 PM
I'd like to see Herz out there more. I'm not sure why they've been hesitant to make the switch. Chase hasn't been THAT awful though.

bigbluedefense
10-10-2012, 12:41 PM
He's been pretty awful. The tackle numbers don't even do him justice, bc when he does make a tackle, 90% of the time it's 6 yards past the LOS.

Giantsfan1080
10-10-2012, 12:53 PM
I disagree a little on that. He's been just as good as last year.

bigbluedefense
10-10-2012, 12:58 PM
I guess it's more noticeable now bc the front 4 and the guys behind him aren't making as many plays, so his mediocrity is more pronounced.

I could be guilty of looking past the players around him. But still, as the MIKE, there are certain things you should be able to do play in and play out. And he just can't do it.

I love Chase. One of my favorite Giants of all time. But it's time. It's time to give someone else a shot.

Giantsfan1080
10-10-2012, 01:04 PM
I guess it's more noticeable now bc the front 4 and the guys behind him aren't making as many plays, so his mediocrity is more pronounced.

I could be guilty of looking past the players around him. But still, as the MIKE, there are certain things you should be able to do play in and play out. And he just can't do it.

I love Chase. One of my favorite Giants of all time. But it's time. It's time to give someone else a shot.

Yes exactly. We're just realizing for Chase to be good in this D is highly dependent on the DL and Secondary. I'm all for giving Herz a shot at this point. As I said I'm not sure why he hasn't been given an opportunity yet.

Giantsfan1080
10-10-2012, 01:07 PM
I'm happy with this because it sounds like a lot of the DNP will be going at least tomorrow or Friday.

@Giants: WR Ramses Barden, CB Jayron Hosley, LB Keith Rivers and Safety Antrel Rolle practiced full today

TE Bennett, DT Bernard, LB Blackburn, RB Brown, WR Nicks, S Phillips & CB Webster did not practice today. Boley & Diehl were limited

OSUGiants17
10-10-2012, 04:14 PM
Hopefully we get Nicks and Phillips back. KP would be huge since we need him to take out Davis, he shuts down the deep 3rd and without him there Davis will tear us up. I trust Webster and Prince to limit Manningham and Crabtree and Hosley being back would be nice too, but if we can't at least limit Davis we are screwed. Nicks isn't that key as I trust Cruz to do the same thing he did to Carlos Rogers in the playoffs and dominate him with the option route all game, and I see Randle having another solid outing, but having Nicks back(as long as he is actually healthy and not just a decoy) can only help. We also NEED our front 4 to finally step it up, we can easily keep this game close and make it a winnable game if we put pressure on Smith, but if we give him time to settle in the pocket he will pick our depleted secondary apart. Just my thoughts on Sunday's game

Giantsfan1080
10-10-2012, 04:59 PM
No way KP is back this game.

Forenci
10-10-2012, 05:19 PM
the only thing I'll say it this: I trust out coaching staff more than anyone's opinions here. If they are starting Chase over Herz, it's for a reason. A reason I trust in them for.

Maybe. Some coaches are always very reluctant to bench a veteran player for a younger guy. I feel like Coughlin falls in that category.

Giantsfan1080
10-10-2012, 05:25 PM
If Diehl gets his job back I'll be pissed.

Forenci
10-10-2012, 05:28 PM
If Diehl gets his job back I'll be pissed.

We've seen it countless times. Guys come back from injury even after getting out performed and they get their job back. Coughlin likes veterans. And I'm not insulting his record on developing rookies, but we ALL know he basically refuses to start a rookie, even if they're the better player.

Giantsfan1080
10-10-2012, 05:30 PM
I know but in certain cases it's rubbish. Diehl is one of the more underrated Giants but he doesn't deserve his job back at this point. I did defend him all of last year also so it's not like I've been calling for his head for a long time.

Forenci
10-10-2012, 05:35 PM
I agree with you. It bothers me too. My only two gripes I've ever had with Coughlin is his favoritism toward veteran players over young players and his inability to hire great a good coordinator.

Other than that, I love him.

scottyboy
10-10-2012, 06:12 PM
i think he'll replace Locklear which would be fine. it's not like we've been world beaters without him. The Eagles pressured Eli CONSTANTLY and Bradshaw's 200 yard game was against the browns

BaLLiN
10-10-2012, 11:17 PM
Cleveland has a good run D, or at least i thought. I just don't get it, but we randomly play well and i think our team is very driven by being down and way to used to playing to their competition.

That said looking at the 49er's depth is just ridiculous. On offense they have a whole lot of talent, but at WR it just isn't elite so it does not bother me that much. TE's are obviously a big problem if we don't have Rivers and Phillips, but even if we do we need Fewell not to put an obvious mismatch with a LB and vernon davis. Runningbacks are great for them, but Gore isn't as great as he used to be and I fear Hunter moreso. Our defense isn't read IMO, but we'll see.

Regarding their defense, I do not see why we don't go 5 wide. Seriously. Their DB's aren't that great and if we go 4 or 5 wide that means they have to take two of those phenomenal linebackers out of the game (probably Smith and Bowman) which plays in our favor. Goldson is the only DB besides Rodgers and maybe Culliver because of him being on WR3 who would possibly challenge our receivers.

I figure they have to rely on Rodgers with occasional help on Cruz, and then Brown on Nicks with double coverage if he's healthy. That means that we have at least 2 1 on 1's which are likely Randle and Hixon or Barden. And Hixon and Randle have been making consistent plays on 1 on 1 isolation routes. If it were any game to exclusively spread out a team, this is the game.

Cruz- Rodgers
Nicks- Brown and safety
Hixon- Culliver
Barden- Cox
Randle- Spillman/safety depending on personnel

I realize it isn't ideal and that this isn't exactly how they'd match up, but anything to get Aldon Smith and/or Bowman off the field is good for us. Those two are playing way too well to let them play the majority of the snaps.

D-Unit
10-11-2012, 04:09 AM
Yeah he's been doing well, it just hasn't resulted in sacks because they essentially just double/triple team him because A) we don't know how to blitz properly and free him up, B) Osi, Tuck, and everyone else along the D-Line has been terrible at getting pressure.
That's essentially been Ware's whole career, so that doesn't cut it for me. Something is up with him. That's a horrendous drop off from last year with the same personnel. I hope he shakes out of it for the sake of my fantasy team, that's for sure. LOL.

Giantsfan1080
10-11-2012, 11:11 AM
Sacks comes in bunches. He'll have his numbers by the end of the year.

Giantsfan1080
10-11-2012, 11:12 AM
Cleveland has a good run D, or at least i thought. I just don't get it, but we randomly play well and i think our team is very driven by being down and way to used to playing to their competition.

That said looking at the 49er's depth is just ridiculous. On offense they have a whole lot of talent, but at WR it just isn't elite so it does not bother me that much. TE's are obviously a big problem if we don't have Rivers and Phillips, but even if we do we need Fewell not to put an obvious mismatch with a LB and vernon davis. Runningbacks are great for them, but Gore isn't as great as he used to be and I fear Hunter moreso. Our defense isn't read IMO, but we'll see.

Regarding their defense, I do not see why we don't go 5 wide. Seriously. Their DB's aren't that great and if we go 4 or 5 wide that means they have to take two of those phenomenal linebackers out of the game (probably Smith and Bowman) which plays in our favor. Goldson is the only DB besides Rodgers and maybe Culliver because of him being on WR3 who would possibly challenge our receivers.

I figure they have to rely on Rodgers with occasional help on Cruz, and then Brown on Nicks with double coverage if he's healthy. That means that we have at least 2 1 on 1's which are likely Randle and Hixon or Barden. And Hixon and Randle have been making consistent plays on 1 on 1 isolation routes. If it were any game to exclusively spread out a team, this is the game.

Cruz- Rodgers
Nicks- Brown and safety
Hixon- Culliver
Barden- Cox
Randle- Spillman/safety depending on personnel

I realize it isn't ideal and that this isn't exactly how they'd match up, but anything to get Aldon Smith and/or Bowman off the field is good for us. Those two are playing way too well to let them play the majority of the snaps.

Very good post and something I'd like to see. The 49'ers are having trouble with their pass rush this year also compared to last year. I'm wondering if it's not just us for whatever reason.

bigbluedefense
10-11-2012, 11:24 AM
We won't do that. Their 5 DL vs our 5 OL 1 on 1 is a disaster.

Plus, they won't take Bow and Willis off the field. They run their nickel with zone coverage vs any front because those 2 are so fast they can cover the middle of hte field by themselves.

Look at what they did to the Packers. They'll do the same to our 5 WR set.

BamaFalcon59
10-11-2012, 12:07 PM
Yeah, doesn't work as well in practicality when the LBs all run sub-4.7.

Forenci
10-11-2012, 12:13 PM
That's essentially been Ware's whole career, so that doesn't cut it for me. Something is up with him. That's a horrendous drop off from last year with the same personnel. I hope he shakes out of it for the sake of my fantasy team, that's for sure. LOL.

He's had Parcells, Wade Phillips and Rob Ryan as his defensive coordinators. Your argument is invalid.

bigbluedefense
10-11-2012, 12:13 PM
I would like to see David Wilson get some looks vs the 49ers though. Having him in the backfield could keep those ILBs a little more honest in pass coverage. They won't drop back so deep if they have to account for Wilson coming out of the backfield.

Could open up some passing lanes. I know it won't happen, but it would be a good idea if they trust him enough to put him in that role.

Forenci
10-11-2012, 12:14 PM
I would like to see David Wilson get some looks vs the 49ers though. Having him in the backfield could keep those ILBs a little more honest in pass coverage. They won't drop back so deep if they have to account for Wilson coming out of the backfield.

Could open up some passing lanes. I know it won't happen, but it would be a good idea if they trust him enough to put him in that role.

Psh, make adjustments based on your opponent? You know that's too much to ask for Gilbride.

bigbluedefense
10-11-2012, 12:17 PM
Psh, make adjustments based on your opponent? You know that's too much to ask for Gilbride.

I've actually learned to like Gilbride a lot. I don't always agree with him, but it's not easy being a playcaller on offense. It's not always gonna work.

But he's actually one of the best in the business at dissecting defensive tendencies from his script, and I think him and Eli have an understanding now that's pretty solid.

He's not the problem.

It's Perry Fewell. That turd is the problem.

Forenci
10-11-2012, 12:20 PM
I've actually learned to like Gilbride a lot. I don't always agree with him, but it's not easy being a playcaller on offense. It's not always gonna work.

But he's actually one of the best in the business at dissecting defensive tendencies from his script, and I think him and Eli have an understanding now that's pretty solid.

He's not the problem.

It's Perry Fewell. That turd is the problem.

I'm just messing around. I still hate Gilbride because of his archaic offensive system and his situational play calling at times is dumb and predictable.

scottyboy
10-11-2012, 12:24 PM
forenci DOES hate Gilbride's system, even though when it's on, it's nearly unstoppable. Wonder if Randle can grasp it. He wasn't asked to do that when he played, he just had routes.

bigbluedefense
10-11-2012, 12:25 PM
I'm just messing around. I still hate Gilbride because of his archaic offensive system and his situational play calling at times is dumb and predictable.

I just wish we never lost Spagnuolo. Hopefully Fewell gets a HC job after this season and we can find a replacement.

bigbluedefense
10-11-2012, 12:27 PM
forenci DOES hate Gilbride's system, even though when it's on, it's nearly unstoppable. Wonder if Randle can grasp it. He wasn't asked to do that when he played, he just had routes.

And he looked amazing in a regular system. Which makes me wonder how good our offense could be in a simpler scheme, but at the same time, when you understand the scheme, you learn to appreciate it.

Bc the options gives us a chance vs any defense. And it makes the slot WR an unstoppable weapon if you have the right talent to fit in there.

I think Randle will eventually pick it up, but it's gonna take time. This is an offense that typically takes a good 2 years to master if you're lucky.

Giantsfan1080
10-11-2012, 12:42 PM
We've had the highest offensive output yardage wise the last 4 games ever in Giants history. Hard to argue against that. The defense will come together when everyone is back.

Jughead10
10-11-2012, 01:11 PM
We've had the highest offensive output yardage wise the last 4 games ever in Giants history. Hard to argue against that. The defense will come together when everyone is back.

Without arguably our best offensive skill player.

BaLLiN
10-11-2012, 02:50 PM
We won't do that. Their 5 DL vs our 5 OL 1 on 1 is a disaster.

Plus, they won't take Bow and Willis off the field. They run their nickel with zone coverage vs any front because those 2 are so fast they can cover the middle of hte field by themselves.

Look at what they did to the Packers. They'll do the same to our 5 WR set.

I can't tell you how far from the truth that is. Looking at the film I saw the 49ers line up with 2 LB's and 3 DL or 2 DL and 3 LB's with 6 DB's with 3 wide 1 TE (Jermichael Finley) Packers sets.

On 5 wide sets the 49ers had 2 LB's and 3 DL w/ 6 DB's mostly, Aldon Smith was not always on the field but in down position.

On 4 wide sets with 1 TE the 49ers had 3 DL and 2 LB's mostly and Aldon Smith again was not always on the field but in down position.

So Idk where you are getting the 5 DL from. This also kept San Fran from being able to disguise blitzes well, which is always a positive. I also saw that they were willing to put Culliver on Jordy Nelson, and Culliver did play well, but if they pull that with Hakeem I would be salivating. Rodgers in the slot, and they matched up safeties in man coverage often.

Even saying our Line would get eaten up with 3 DL is pushing it because GB's OL has been worse by a lot this year. Our 5 OL versus their 3 DL and maybe one blitzing linebacker allows us to double Justin Smith, slide the pocket away from Smith and have comfortable protection IMO.

This i could see with 4 WR sets or 3 WR sets and 1 TE, but we need to do our best schematically to limit what the 49ers can do on defense with the 4 players on their D that are all pros (Justin and Aldon Smith, Bowman, and Willis)

bigbluedefense
10-11-2012, 03:21 PM
I can't tell you how far from the truth that is. Looking at the film I saw the 49ers line up with 2 LB's and 3 DL or 2 DL and 3 LB's with 6 DB's with 3 wide 1 TE (Jermichael Finley) Packers sets.

On 5 wide sets the 49ers had 2 LB's and 3 DL w/ 6 DB's mostly, Aldon Smith was not always on the field but in down position.

On 4 wide sets with 1 TE the 49ers had 3 DL and 2 LB's mostly and Aldon Smith again was not always on the field but in down position.

So Idk where you are getting the 5 DL from. This also kept San Fran from being able to disguise blitzes well, which is always a positive. I also saw that they were willing to put Culliver on Jordy Nelson, and Culliver did play well, but if they pull that with Hakeem I would be salivating. Rodgers in the slot, and they matched up safeties in man coverage often.

Even saying our Line would get eaten up with 3 DL is pushing it because GB's OL has been worse by a lot this year. Our 5 OL versus their 3 DL and maybe one blitzing linebacker allows us to double Justin Smith, slide the pocket away from Smith and have comfortable protection IMO.

This i could see with 4 WR sets or 3 WR sets and 1 TE, but we need to do our best schematically to limit what the 49ers can do on defense with the 4 players on their D that are all pros (Justin and Aldon Smith, Bowman, and Willis)

Hmmm. That's interesting. What kind of coverage shells were they running?

D-Unit
10-11-2012, 03:30 PM
If you guys had your choice who would you replace Fewell with?

bigbluedefense
10-11-2012, 03:38 PM

Tough to say right now. I don't know who's available. Plus we don't know enough about the positional coaches around the league to make an accurate guess.

Most of the popular guys are head coaching candidates. So we'd have to grab a positional coach who most of us don't know about.

If Rex Ryan gets fired I'd walk on hot coals to have him as our DC.

Giantsfan1080
10-11-2012, 04:35 PM

Probably Zimmer.

Rosebud
10-11-2012, 04:37 PM
Spags, Zimmer, Rex, Nolan and then Greg Williams/Wade would be more top 5 in order.

LTgiants
10-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Jim Johnson.

Yes you are reading this right I would rather take my chances in resurrecting the dead then having Perry Fewell as my D coordinator lol.

Giantsfan1080
10-11-2012, 11:11 PM
As always our schedule looks so much easier now. Balls in our court.

D-Unit
10-12-2012, 02:07 AM
Probably Zimmer.

Oooh now THAT would be a sick hire!

Todd Bertuzzi
10-12-2012, 02:11 AM
Why would Zimmer leave for anything less than a HC job? Even if they struggle I don't see the Bengals letting him go.

Rosebud
10-12-2012, 11:02 AM
Why would Zimmer leave for anything less than a HC job? Even if they struggle I don't see the Bengals letting him go.

Because D asked us who we would want, not who we would get. Realistically we'd hire some mediocre soft zone guy that Coughlin would be too loyal towards.

scottyboy
10-12-2012, 11:05 AM
promote Jessie Armstead. Boom

Giantsfan1080
10-12-2012, 11:42 AM
Sounds like everyone should be a go for Sunday except for Phillips, Bernard, and Brown. The Bernard injury kills us a bit with their run game though.

Jughead10
10-12-2012, 11:50 AM
I really hate that our bye is so late.

bigbluedefense
10-12-2012, 11:53 AM
So we're only dressing 2 healthy DTs?

Giantsfan1080
10-12-2012, 12:03 PM

3 DT's again like last week. Joseph, Kuhn, and Austin.

Giantsfan1080
10-12-2012, 12:04 PM

I like it. Gives the players a rest later in the year when they need it more.

BigBlueNorwegian
10-12-2012, 12:39 PM
Yeah, a late bye is better than an early one. But the best is right down the middle of the year, like in week 7,8,9. Or at least that's my opinion.

scottyboy
10-12-2012, 01:08 PM
ugh, 3 healthy DT's, 2 having ridiculously little NFL experience, against a run heavy niners team. Gore's going to KILL us

Giantsfan1080
10-12-2012, 01:09 PM
I think we'll do a good job on Gore. I'm more worried about Hunter when he's in.

bigbluedefense
10-12-2012, 01:09 PM
3 DT's again like last week. Joseph, Kuhn, and Austin.

That's practically 1.5 DTs. Btw Kuhn and Austin, we have about 2 games worth of relevant experience. That's not good.

If I'm SF, I lean on our defensive all game long with the run game, 22 personnel and by the 4th quarter, our front 7 will break.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-12-2012, 03:17 PM
That's practically 1.5 DTs. Btw Kuhn and Austin, we have about 2 games worth of relevant experience. That's not good.

If I'm SF, I lean on our defensive all game long with the run game, 22 personnel and by the 4th quarter, our front 7 will break.

Yup that's how I envisioned it. Run and use PA. Wear the defense out and then just be efficient on offense. We will give up the home run ball. We always do. So look for that. Maybe Fewell can put Chase on Davis. Chase was on a WR last game, maybe now it will be Davis. I expect stupid things like that to occur with this defense. Maybe the defense might even forget to cover a player. Didn't happen this year at all yet, but last year guys were wide open.

I don't trust this defense at all. I expect us to lose come sunday.

scottyboy
10-12-2012, 03:20 PM
we're going to have to beat them on D with our speed. Scary, right? But Boley, Williams and Rivers have to use their speed on D to contain the run. I'm not worried about them beating us deep with rich man Chad Pennington over there. Fewell already said Williams is gonna be on Vernon. I'm not scared of their vertical passing game. We're going to cut off the dinks and dunks and running game. Huge key will be pass rush. We can't give them 5 seconds in the pocket to find MM on a crossing route and turn it up field for 20

NY+Giants=NYG
10-12-2012, 03:25 PM
we're going to have to beat them on D with our speed. Scary, right? But Boley, Williams and Rivers have to use their speed on D to contain the run. I'm not worried about them beating us deep with rich man Chad Pennington over there. Fewell already said Williams is gonna be on Vernon. I'm not scared of their vertical passing game. We're going to cut off the dinks and dunks and running game. Huge key will be pass rush. We can't give them 5 seconds in the pocket to find MM on a crossing route and turn it up field for 20

He is an efficient QB. I like him actually. He can beat us with this defense now. He also can run on us too for the first down. He has wheels on him. I like that aspect of his game. I can see the defense and DL getting frustrated with that. 3rd and long, we blitz, Smith rolls out and just runs for the 1st down. And then the defense getting bent over and ran on.

I can see their OL keeping Smith upright and giving him loads of time. I am sure that aspect stuck out on tape too.

scottyboy
10-12-2012, 04:04 PM
I like him too, but he, and that O, are limited down field. Make them try to beat us deep

Giantsfan1080
10-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Our team lives for these kinds of games. It's going to come down to the last drive and we have Eli.

bigbluedefense
10-12-2012, 04:19 PM
So apparently Gilbride called out Justin Smith.

Great.

So expect Justin Smith to get like 4 sacks on Sunday.

Rosebud
10-12-2012, 04:46 PM
Our team lives for these kinds of games. It's going to come down to the last drive and we have Eli.

Yep, that's about as deep as it goes for me. It's gunna come down to the 4th quarter and with Nicks and Cruz, not even the 9ers can stop Eli late in a big game.

Malaka
10-12-2012, 05:11 PM
So apparently Gilbride called out Justin Smith.

Great.

So expect Justin Smith to get like 4 sacks on Sunday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/12/kevin-gilbride-justin-smith-gets-away-with-murder/

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2012/10/harbaugh-defends-justin-smith-hints-giants-trying-to-influence-officiating

Giantsfan1080
10-12-2012, 05:13 PM
He said he gets away with murder. I don't think that's really calling him out. Our guys gets held every play the last 5 years and we never have calls go for us.

Giantsfan1080
10-13-2012, 12:45 PM
Good news Nicks made the trip to SF. Looks like he'll be a go. Bad news is that Diehl also made the trip.

BaLLiN
10-13-2012, 03:40 PM
Good news Nicks made the trip to SF. Looks like he'll be a go. Bad news is that Diehl also made the trip.

its not a bad thing, if he's ineffective then we can make a change. at least theres that option

bigbluedefense
10-13-2012, 10:50 PM
Wrong thread

Giantsfan1080
10-14-2012, 06:24 PM
Ohhhh hey guyz!

NY+Giants=NYG
10-14-2012, 06:31 PM
Damn streak came to an end! What the hell!

scottyboy
10-14-2012, 06:32 PM
that was one of the most satisfying regular seasons we've had in a long time

Giantsfan1080
10-14-2012, 06:40 PM
This team is insane. Enjoy it.

Giantsfan1080
10-14-2012, 06:48 PM
Anyway real quick random thoughts.

The OL is back. What a game. I'm sorry Forenci. Beatty is the real deal.

Kiwi on the DL was huge. He was excellent and the LB's were fine without him. Thanks for adjusting Perry.

Rolle's best game as a Giant. Huge without Kenny. At the end of the day Antrel was balling.

Nicks looks hurt still. I'm a little scared hopefully he just continues to heal.

Wilson is explosive. I didn't like the pick but I was wrong as usual. 20 carries for him is going to get us yards. The field position he will give us is even better. DANGEROUS.

Eli is a stud.

Cruz just a cocksmain. How do we get them both signed long term?

JPP amazing as always. His numbers will be there like we've all been saying.

Prince slowly turning. If he stays healthy Reese nails it again.

bigbluedefense
10-14-2012, 06:53 PM
What streak?

Giantsfan1080
10-14-2012, 06:55 PM
What streak?

Eli had like 40 games or more with 200+ plus passing yards. We could have continued it easily but the staff was lazy.

bigbluedefense
10-14-2012, 06:57 PM
Oh. Eh, who cares. Why jeopardize injuries for a record? You know my motto, just win. **** stats.

Giantsfan1080
10-14-2012, 07:06 PM
Oh. Eh, who cares. Why jeopardize injuries for a record? You know my motto, just win. **** stats.

Ohh come on BBD. He needed 7 yards. We ran a million runs in a row. Whatever though this team is frustrating but so enjoyable.

bigbluedefense
10-14-2012, 07:07 PM
Ohh come on BBD. He needed 7 yards. We ran a million runs in a row. Whatever though this team is frustrating but so enjoyable.

Oh, well in that case we were dumb. But whatever. Eli is going to the HOF, don't worry about it.

BaLLiN
10-14-2012, 07:08 PM
Anyway real quick random thoughts.

The OL is back. What a game. I'm sorry Forenci. Beatty is the real deal.

Kiwi on the DL was huge. He was excellent and the LB's were fine without him. Thanks for adjusting Perry.

Rolle's best game as a Giant. Huge without Kenny. At the end of the day Antrel was balling.

Nicks looks hurt still. I'm a little scared hopefully he just continues to heal.

Wilson is explosive. I didn't like the pick but I was wrong as usual. 20 carries for him is going to get us yards. The field position he will give us is even better. DANGEROUS.

Eli is a stud.

Cruz just a cocksmain. How do we get them both signed long term?

JPP amazing as always. His numbers will be there like we've all been saying.

Prince slowly turning. If he stays healthy Reese nails it again.

I think I noticed Fewell changing it up the most out of all of the things you've said. He used Jacquain a lot more, rotated ends, and shifted our DL in to DT occasionally. Once Rivers comes back we can roll with a much better coverage linebacker/blitzing group. Kiwi is not good enough in space, so now we just have more depth at DE, so I feel like we will waive Ojomo when Canty comes back.

I still don't understand why we were lining up in 1 and 2 WR sets so often, we could've been a lot easier on ourselves with the 4 and 5 WR sets but whatever, we knew they'd be susceptible to the pass. Wilson needs to be weaned into more carries, he's just too good at eating up space to keep him on the bench.

We can be scary good if we have a good gameplan and play players where they should play. It took us a while to get on the right foot, but I think this game was it.

Giantsfan1080
10-14-2012, 07:09 PM
Rivers was in today but Perry might have had his best game as a coach.

You were right about the spread even though we didn't do it. Willis was off the field when we went that way. Excellent film work!

NY+Giants=NYG
10-14-2012, 07:17 PM
Eli had like 40 games or more with 200+ plus passing yards. We could have continued it easily but the staff was lazy.

7 freaking yards! You know if it was the Saints and Drew Brees they'd be going out of the way to get him the record or continue it! I am glad we won, but god damn man!

NY+Giants=NYG
10-14-2012, 07:18 PM
I hate Perry Fewell and the defensive side of the ball, but MAJOR props today. They played like I wish they would play on a consistent basis! Now please don't lay an egg against the redskins and Bob.

BigBlueNorwegian
10-14-2012, 07:24 PM
Oh, well in that case we were dumb. But whatever. Eli is going to the HOF, don't worry about it.

He better get in there. He's so sexy I get a semi just thinking about him.

BigBlueNorwegian
10-14-2012, 07:26 PM
7 freaking yards! You know if it was the Saints and Drew Brees they'd be going out of the way to get him the record or continue it! I am glad we won, but god damn man!

Let Brees and the 1-4 Saints have their pointless stats. Eli will just keep on crushing in the only stat that really matter - wins.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-14-2012, 07:27 PM
Let Brees and the 1-4 Saints have their pointless stats. Eli will just keep on crushing in the only stat that really matter - wins.

We had the game well in hand. It's not like we would have lost going out of our way to give him 7 freaking yards, lol.

BigBlueNorwegian
10-14-2012, 07:31 PM
We had the game well in hand. It's not like we would have lost going out of our way to give him 7 freaking yards, lol.

No I agree with that, It would have been easy to just throw a slant for 7 yards or something. But obviously the Coaching staff and Eli himself I would believe, doesn't care about stats. And I kinda like that.

BaLLiN
10-14-2012, 07:33 PM
Rivers was in today but Perry might have had his best game as a coach.

You were right about the spread even though we didn't do it. Willis was off the field when we went that way. Excellent film work!

Yeah i did see that, but we did it like what...4 times? And even then I don't think we took out Bennett. San Fran just doesn't have the depth (quite frankly I don't think anyone does) to match up against us because we now have 5 proven guys who have operated in this system in an actual game and each have gotten nearly 100 yards this season in a single game.

I forgot to mention how good the hynocerous has been lately, sure he's had bad plays but overall we nabbed a good FB with ability to be a passcatcher. No more Jim Finn or Madison Bushpenis dropping a 3 yrd outlet pass.

Oh yeah and I'm glad we've stopped being cute with Wilson and trying gadget plays, look whats happened. He gains yards :jawdrop: ! We're usually not good at those plays because our OL isn't athletic enough, so going to traditional running strategy is probably better. What is great is that if there is a hole even for a second or two he can hit it and not be touched. Thats a big difference between bradshaw and wilson (and any other back we've had in recent history). Man i love the speed.

Giantsfan1080
10-14-2012, 07:33 PM
At least we're arguing about getting 7 more passing yards and not other things.

BaLLiN
10-14-2012, 07:35 PM
At least we're arguing about getting 7 more passing yards and not other things.

honestly i don't give a crap, every analyst picked the 49ers and Kurt Warner ate crow. Eli is a 2 time superbowl winning mvp and a bad ass mother ******

edit: he's also a sexy beast

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3049/2295881316_50d3f2b6be.jpg

BigBlueNorwegian
10-14-2012, 07:45 PM
honestly i don't give a crap, every analyst picked the 49ers and Kurt Warner ate crow. Eli is a 2 time superbowl winning mvp and a bad ass mother ******

edit: he's also a sexy beast

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3049/2295881316_50d3f2b6be.jpg

haha, yeah I saw that on NFLN earlier today. Kurt Warner is no longer believeable when he talks about Eli. He lets his personal emotions get in the way of his new job as an independent analyst.

and the picture: Rawr :love: :drool:

NY+Giants=NYG
10-14-2012, 08:23 PM
No I agree with that, It would have been easy to just throw a slant for 7 yards or something. But obviously the Coaching staff and Eli himself I would believe, doesn't care about stats. And I kinda like that.

I am sure they don't but still. It was a nice streak. It just pisses me off to know end. Sometimes I really do wish we could run a new system. Just watching that one goal line red zone series where the QB and Wr were not on the same page. And do we have any other red zone plays other than cramming the ball with the CB draped on the WR? Any slant, drag, or inside screen? I am really tired of that stupid fade. It's not like we have Burress any more.

As a guy who coached on the offensive side of the ball, kicking FGs drives me bonkers!! It's like a pet peeve!

scottyboy
10-14-2012, 08:28 PM
i like what our D did but like, it's not like we faced an all pro offense. Somehow we shut down gore. their top 5 OL was off, and we took advantage. I'm most impressed by how we shut down Vernon. But I was never scared of Smith. They were successful the first few drives by literally throwing it 7 yards in the air max (outside of the Moss pass). we tightened up, they got stuffed

NY+Giants=NYG
10-14-2012, 08:31 PM
I've said it every season. Every year I worry about 2 things.

1. Injuries
2. DC and that side of the ball

If the D and Fewell do well, this is how good we can be! I am very surprised we won but I wouldn't be surprised if we got beat by the redskins. I don't trust that side of the ball. One game good, and next winnable game, we can get smoked badly!!

bigbluedefense
10-14-2012, 08:39 PM
Some quick thoughts:

-I hate Perry Fewell, but he did a great job today. What he did a great job of was disguising coverages. Ran a lot of different looks, a lot of Cover 2 invert, Cover 3 invert, mixed man and zone, did a great job with his coverages. The pass rush worked with 4 bc the guys up front picked their games up, and Fewell did a much better job with his personnel packages, using Williams a lot was huge, moving Kiwi to the DL, using an occasional blitz, he did an excellent job today.

Let's not forget though, execution was a big factor in that. The Giants came to play today, and Fewell can call the perfect game, if they don't execute, it means nothing. Today they executed. And he did a better job of putting them in positions to succeed.

-Again, Jacquan Williams had a great game. He needs to see the field more.

-Tackling. MUCH better. It's amazing how much better your defense looks when it can tackle right? Like I said earlier, they came to play today.

-OL did a good job. Not great though. SF got pressure most of the day, it's just that towards the end SF gave up. Our offense did ok, but our defense won the game.

-Nicks is still hurt. He was a decoy out there.

-I didn't like how Eli was zoning in on Cruz a little too much today. Him and Cruz had a bunch of miscommunication today.

-Bradshaw is running like he's afraid of losing his job. It's about time.

-Osi...please set the edge once in your life.

-Tuck didn't do **** again. To be fair, I have to watch the game again to see if he did more than I'm initially giving him credit for.

-JPP and Kiwi had great games. As did Joseph. Those 3 brought it today. Osi did great rushing the passer as well.

-Hixon had a great game. I'm disappointed Eli shied away from him so much and focused too much on Cruz.

-Wilson is gonna be special. It's just a matter of when the coaching staff feels comfortable giving him his opportunities.

-Prince has been great this year. Lockdown CB. He got Moss'd once, but it was more on Rolle than Prince.

-Speaking of which, Rolle had arguably his best game as a Giant today. Amazing game.

-Alex Smith left ALOT of plays on the field. I saw several times he had guys wide open downfield on PA pass, but he's captain checkdown and didn't have the guts to pull the trigger. This was early in the game. If he hits his guys, this could have been a different game.

-Moss still has it, he just doesn't have a qb who can get him the ball downfield.

-Webster had another bad day for the most part. He got beat bad by Mario, but again, Alex Smith couldn't hit his man downfield. Like I said, if Alex Smith could just deliver the ball downfield, this could have been a different game.

-We're 4-2, the next 2 games are HUGE. Have to win these division games, we can't afford to lose anymore division games.

Rosebud
10-14-2012, 09:12 PM
I could totally see us losing to the skins and beating the cowboys. I'm expect a win in Dallas, but next week just seems like the ultimate trap game, division opponent, at home, after this 9ers stomping the week before going down to Dallas, etc. I think we should be able to pull it off cause Washington's defense is terrible right now and we've done pretty well with mobile QBs, but that game makes me extremely nervous.

BigBlueNorwegian
10-14-2012, 09:27 PM
I could totally see us losing to the skins and beating the cowboys. I'm expect a win in Dallas, but next week just seems like the ultimate trap game, division opponent, at home, after this 9ers stomping the week before going down to Dallas, etc. I think we should be able to pull it off cause Washington's defense is terrible right now and we've done pretty well with mobile QBs, but that game makes me extremely nervous.

Well you were spot on with your predictions over these last three games, so I can't really disagree :) But if the Coughlin stats holds up, we will win our next two games and get off to our regular 6-2 start, before we start our inevitable november collapse with losses to the Steelers and Bengals. Luckily we have our bye week in november this year!

NY+Giants=NYG
10-14-2012, 10:10 PM
Now that's the offensive philosophy I like in a way. Just that aggressive we are going to score every single drive. YOU stop us! No freaking clock killing, quarter killing mentality. It is amazing the numbers Aaron Rodgers puts up in MUCH less passing attempts than Brees. It's just amazing.

6 freaking TDs. If we ever let ELi do that i'd bust the biggest nut in my pants!

Rosebud
10-14-2012, 10:15 PM
Now that's the offensive philosophy I like in a way. Just that aggressive we are going to score every single drive. YOU stop us! No freaking clock killing, quarter killing mentality. It is amazing the numbers Aaron Rodgers puts up in MUCH less passing attempts than Brees. It's just amazing.

6 freaking TDs. If we ever let ELi do that i'd bust the biggest nut in my pants!

We're doing better than the packers this year, did better last year and our second most recent SB is only 5 years ago, I'd say Coughlin and co are doing it right.

Well you were spot on with your predictions over these last three games, so I can't really disagree :) But if the Coughlin stats holds up, we will win our next two games and get off to our regular 6-2 start, before we start our inevitable november collapse with losses to the Steelers and Bengals. Luckily we have our bye week in november this year!

I think you're probably right, but this washington game is going to be a lot like the Browns game, where we're going to come out flat and they're going to have to slap us around until the team shows up.

bigbluedefense
10-14-2012, 10:19 PM

WHO CARES

I rather play conservative and not give my opponents more film to study.

Forenci
10-15-2012, 09:19 AM
I was upset I didn't get to see much of the game but thankfully you guys always give a great breakdown. A great win.

Not to mention the Cowboys and Eagles both lost. We've got a great shot at winning the division. Vick is terrible and the Cowboys are so hit or miss.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-15-2012, 10:38 AM
WHO CARES

I rather play conservative and not give my opponents more film to study.

I'd rather not! More film to study, lol. I want them to do extra HW and study stuff I MAY NOT even freaking show that game! Good study everything and I will decide what stuff we install and what we don't. The whole point is making the other defense study more and work out every detail. Drive them crazy doing that.

Jughead10
10-15-2012, 10:40 AM
Rolle had his best day because he was actually playing SAFETY! We need to keep our CBs healthy so Rolle can continue to play there. And he you can tell he wants 6 every time he has the ball in his hands.

Giantsfan1080
10-15-2012, 11:47 AM
With a healthy Prince and Hosley are CB's are very good.

Rosebud
10-15-2012, 12:00 PM
Yeah Prince has jsut been awesome whenever he's been healthy enough to play. N I'm a big fan of Hosleys. If Web can get it together down the stretch and our safeties are healthy our secondary stacks up with even the Seahawks'.

Forenci
10-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Yeah, I love our secondary. A good secondary is so underrated. That's why I love Reese's philosophy. Keep drafting D-Line and secondary. You can easily get away with mediocre LBs. Just keep drafting them in the late and middle rounds and you'll eventually hit on some good ones like Williams.

Giantsfan1080
10-15-2012, 04:44 PM
Canty back to practice this week!!!!!! HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigbluedefense
10-15-2012, 04:45 PM
I hope the team doesn't kiss its own ass too much this week. You know they want to.

Giantsfan1080
10-15-2012, 05:51 PM
hahah they'll be fine. Just enjoy it!

Rosebud
10-15-2012, 05:54 PM
I hope the team doesn't kiss its own ass too much this week. You know they want to.

They will but the Skins secondary is awful so even if we come out flat and don't contain Bob, Eli will carry the team to a win...I hope...

OSUGiants17
10-15-2012, 09:30 PM
Gotta love delusional fans. These guys think Jacobs gave us their gameplan
Is it THAT far-fetched to think maybe, just maybe he actually was pissed enough at the coaching staff about not playing that he figured ‘what the hell, I’ll get back at them by hitting up my old buddies during the week and telling them and/or even sending them our gameplan’? I’m almost starting to think this could be possible…

It certainly would look like that if Jacobs let the NYG defense in on our gameplan, now wouldn’t it? It doesn’t matter who the QB is, if hypothetically the defense was keyed into the offense’s gameplan, the quarterback and the entire offense will all look awful.

I’m telling you man, I have a really hard time believing there’s no chance Jacobs did something fishy. It straight up LOOKED like they knew our entire gameplan and everything we were gonna do, then when you factor in we have a player who’s been documented as being pissed at the coaching staff for never playing, AND that he used to play for our opponent and is clearly still very buddy-buddy with them based on his post-game actions, it’s very very very very VERY fishy…

Even if you forget about Jacobs for a second, it did look like they knew exactly what we were up to, and we have shown we have an incredibly creative and unpredictable coaching staff so the fact that NYG looked to always be a step ahead of us looked awfully suspicious…
It’s 2012 man, he could have called them, e-mailed them, faxed them, etc. I really, really, really don’t think it’s that far-fetched. I mean, didn’t it LOOK like they knew it?

How the f**k would the Giants know our playcalls, when we barely see each other? I smell a rat, and it may be that that rat (who happens to have a lot of buddies in the Giants lockerroom) was pissed off he wasnt getting playing time / got trashed by Harbaugh for speaking about his injury…

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/168184-jacobs-visits-giants-locker-room-game/page3/

OSUGiants17
10-15-2012, 09:37 PM
Love this comment
Giants fans, for the mlst part couldn't even tell you that they originally drafted Andre Brown. They dont even watch when the tean isnt winning...you have a few die hards who know their s**t but by and large their fanbase only talks s**t and supports wins and doesnt exactly exude the most welcoming base when they lose

Rosebud
10-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Makes as much sense as our fans worrying about Jacobs giving them our gameplan before the game.

BaLLiN
10-16-2012, 12:44 AM
I think it had moreso to do with the two matchups we had last year where Harbaugh ran and play action passed the entire game, and that was why Smith looked so good. Without the LB's biting on the run fakes and being able to stop the run they were stagnant.

Edit:

And this is why moving Kiwi down to DE and playing Williams more helped.

Giantsfan1080
10-16-2012, 07:29 AM
Whoever wrote that should be banned from talking football. How are people so dumb?

BigBlueNorwegian
10-16-2012, 09:01 AM
I loved the fact that he named faxes as the third option on how he would give us their gameplan. This isn't the 90's, I haven't even seen a fax machine in five years minimum.

bigbluedefense
10-16-2012, 05:37 PM
Is it too early in the week to point out that Justin Tuck is washed up?

Think about it. The guy isn't great at rushing the passer, is always hurt, lost almost all of his speed (whatever he has left of it), and is coming off the books.

Do we even want to re-sign him? There's no doubt in my mind that his pricetag will far exceed his value on the field. And with Nicks, Cruz, and JPP to think about (not to mention KP), we need to save money somewhere.

I'm starting to think the right move is to let both Osi and Tuck walk. But I'd be shocked if we don't try to re-sign Tuck. And I have a feeling we'll regret that.

Giantsfan1080
10-16-2012, 06:03 PM
It's only 6 games in. Let's re-evaluate later. I believe he started to show some good signs of life against the 49'ers.

bigbluedefense
10-16-2012, 06:41 PM
But think about it. Listen to what you said. 6 games in and we want to reevaluate. The guy can't put it together for an entire season bc he's always hurt. And it's only going to get worse as he ages. Do we want that? Do we want to tie money into that?

6 games is almost half the season. Last year he was literally good for about 3 regular season games and the playoffs.

The only healthy season he had was 2010. I don't know man.

Giantsfan1080
10-16-2012, 07:22 PM
But think about it. Listen to what you said. 6 games in and we want to reevaluate. The guy can't put it together for an entire season bc he's always hurt. And it's only going to get worse as he ages. Do we want that? Do we want to tie money into that?

6 games is almost half the season. Last year he was literally good for about 3 regular season games and the playoffs.

The only healthy season he had was 2010. I don't know man.

Let's see how much he wants. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he just up and retired when this deal ends. If you notice he's never asking for more money and he was contemplating retirement last year when everything was going down the shitter for him. He's also a smart guy and is aware that the beating he takes is going to plague him the rest of his life. Retirement for Tuck this year or next would not come as a shock.

D-Unit
10-16-2012, 09:13 PM
Let Tuck go. No matter what he wants. I wish the Cowboys had gotten rid of Greg Ellis 3 years earlier than they did. All it did was prolong the inevitable and cost a pretty penny while at it. He wasn't washed up... but he wasn't great either.

Giantsfan1080
10-16-2012, 09:21 PM
Tuck won 2 SB's. It's a little bit of a different situation than you guys had with Ellis.

Malaka
10-16-2012, 09:27 PM
Eh, I am in the for cutting ties with Tuck camp. He was a essential cog in our Super Bowl runs but his effectiveness is dissipating quickly I'd rather we lock up younger guys.

In Reese I Trust.

Big_Pete
10-17-2012, 01:44 AM
I would be surprised if the plan was to draft someone like Michael Buchanen to replace and develop behind Tuck, JPP and Kiwi for next year

Jughead10
10-17-2012, 07:54 AM
I thought Tuck had a real good game. He never got to the QB but he collapsed the pocket a ton form his side. Tuck is like a lot of people on this team. He looks mediocre most of the time, and rises to the occasion in a huge way in the big games.

bigbluedefense
10-17-2012, 08:27 AM
At this point in his career, Tuck is only good for rushing the passer as a inside guy on passing formations/downs.

He's pretty useless as an outside pass rusher and lacks the speed to combat mobile qbs and running backs on the outside. So the Bob Griffins/LeSean McCoys of the world can get around him all day long.

And he's hurt 80% of the time. That's my main issue. I can tolerate him being strictly an inside guy nowadays, but if you're only healthy for 4 games a season do I want to invest a bunch of money into you?

At the end of the day, if we let him walk, and drafted another DE in round 1 to pair with JPP long term and moved Kiwi back full time to DE do we really lose anything with letting Tuck go? We might actually benefit from it.

Just something to think about. I love Tuck, love what he's done and what he means to this team, but moving forward, I don't know if its wise to invest in an aging, always hurt veteran with diminishing skills.

Jughead10
10-17-2012, 08:33 AM
Tuck is much more disciplined in making sure people don't get around him. Sometimes too much so at a detriment to his pass rushing. It's Osi that I worry about when it comes to that. How many times did McCoy get around him and then Osi just smiles as he walks back to the huddle? That's the main thing I'm worried about this Sunday.

Giantsfan1080
10-17-2012, 08:34 AM
I thought Tuck had a real good game. He never got to the QB but he collapsed the pocket a ton form his side. Tuck is like a lot of people on this team. He looks mediocre most of the time, and rises to the occasion in a huge way in the big games.

Yeah this was my feeling as well. It's not a Tuck problem it's a Giants problem.

Giantsfan1080
10-17-2012, 08:36 AM
I think the coaching staff asks Osi to over pursue sometimes if that makes any sense. This way they know that the offense will be running towards his side most of the time and can adjust accordingly. There has to be a reason the staff allows him to do it all the time.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-17-2012, 09:08 AM
Is it too early in the week to point out that Justin Tuck is washed up?

Think about it. The guy isn't great at rushing the passer, is always hurt, lost almost all of his speed (whatever he has left of it), and is coming off the books.

Do we even want to re-sign him? There's no doubt in my mind that his pricetag will far exceed his value on the field. And with Nicks, Cruz, and JPP to think about (not to mention KP), we need to save money somewhere.

I'm starting to think the right move is to let both Osi and Tuck walk. But I'd be shocked if we don't try to re-sign Tuck. And I have a feeling we'll regret that.

No, I mentioned it before too. He looks about done. You may get a game or couple from him but full time beast mode appears to be done. Personally is let both tuck a.d osj walk. I do want us investing more money in them. Maybe put Kiwi back on the line and see how he does.

Malaka
10-17-2012, 09:18 AM
No, I mentioned it before too. He looks about done. You may get a game or couple from him but full time beast mode appears to be done. Personally is let both tuck a.d osj walk. I do want us investing more money in them. Maybe put Kiwi back on the line and see how he does.

I want to see Kiwi back on the line and to hopefully stay there permanently. As for Osi, I feel like his value is in being a situational pass rusher he's just awful against the run.

Anyway our drafts are all about value... if they're is a DE in round 1 or 2 who we like you best believe he'll be a Giant.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-17-2012, 09:25 AM
I want to see Kiwi back on the line and to hopefully stay there permanently. As for Osi, I feel like his value is in being a situational pass rusher he's just awful against the run.

Anyway our drafts are all about value... if they're is a DE in round 1 or 2 who we like you best believe he'll be a Giant.

Hopefully we go OL and continue to add and develop those guys. And no stupid developmental OL picks. That way has been a waste and epic failure. I want to see Ojomo play and see if he can add firepower to the team.

scottyboy
10-17-2012, 10:33 AM
OSU and I drafted Michael Buchanan in the forum mock in round 2. physical freak. Total Giants pick

Giantsfan1080
10-17-2012, 11:45 AM
Canty practicing. No Williams this week. I'd like to have a healthy trio of Boley, Williams, and Rivers eventually.

bigbluedefense
10-17-2012, 12:03 PM
Why no Williams this week? We need him this week!

Giantsfan1080
10-17-2012, 12:05 PM
He hurt his knee against the 49'ers.

scottyboy
10-17-2012, 04:01 PM
one thing: Baas has been AWESOME this year. It's great. BBD, looks like you MIGHT have jumped the gun on him last year haha.

and i'll eat my crow. here's looking at you forenci. Beatty hasn't been the worst player to ever step on a football field the last few weeks

bigbluedefense
10-17-2012, 04:27 PM
Lol, I still hate him and Beatty. **** both of them.

scottyboy
10-17-2012, 04:56 PM
i still hate beatty but baas has been an animal this year. got what we paid for thus far

Giantsfan1080
10-17-2012, 05:23 PM
BBD's negativity is a ******* eyesore. I guess you're such a homer with a ****** Knicks franchise you have to piss all over the amazingness that is the Giants?

bigbluedefense
10-17-2012, 05:32 PM
Relax.

I'm just very critical of the Giants and know its a long season, so I don't want to get too excited in October.

Besides, I'm superstitious, and when I feel good about the team, they usually start playing poorly. So some of it is me feeding my own superstitions.

bigbluedefense
10-17-2012, 05:33 PM
And I'm gonna drink champagne like Bosh when we win the championship this year!

#KnicksChampionship

D-Unit
10-17-2012, 05:52 PM
Tuck won 2 SB's. It's a little bit of a different situation than you guys had with Ellis.
:njx: My point had nothing to do with winning. I guess that just went over your head.

Dump Tuck. Nobody fears him. Not even Doug Free.

The Cowboys have had this problem over the years.... they don't want to let guys go when they need to.... at least Greg Ellis played half way decent... but Bradie James, Keith Brooking, Terence Newman, Marcus Spears, Martellus Bennett, Leonard Davis, Kyle Kosier... I could go on and on. Instead of dumping them before they run out of uselessness, they keep 'em around. I won't doubt for a second that they will do the same to Felix Jones this offseason.

Teams like the Patriots know how to do it right by trading their players for top value BEFORE they lose value in their stock. IMO, they are the model.

It will be interesting to see which way you go with Tuck.

Giantsfan1080
10-17-2012, 06:49 PM
:njx: My point had nothing to do with winning. I guess that just went over your head.

Dump Tuck. Nobody fears him. Not even Doug Free.

The Cowboys have had this problem over the years.... they don't want to let guys go when they need to.... at least Greg Ellis played half way decent... but Bradie James, Keith Brooking, Terence Newman, Marcus Spears, Martellus Bennett, Leonard Davis, Kyle Kosier... I could go on and on. Instead of dumping them before they run out of uselessness, they keep 'em around. I won't doubt for a second that they will do the same to Felix Jones this offseason.

Teams like the Patriots know how to do it right by trading their players for top value BEFORE they lose value in their stock. IMO, they are the model.

It will be interesting to see which way you go with Tuck.

And you missed my point. It's just not that easy when you have a FRANCHISE player. You don't just send them packing.

As for Bennett thank you. I knew Coughlin, Pope, and Eli could make him into more than just a blocker.

Forenci
10-17-2012, 07:07 PM
And I'm gonna drink champagne like Bosh when we win the championship this year!

#KnicksChampionship

I will hurt you. You make me sad to show my face in the NBA thread.

Giantsfan1080
10-17-2012, 08:48 PM
Relax.

I'm just very critical of the Giants and know its a long season, so I don't want to get too excited in October.

Besides, I'm superstitious, and when I feel good about the team, they usually start playing poorly. So some of it is me feeding my own superstitions.

I always have been also but for whatever reason it's pretty much completely gone. I used have to my dumb little rituals on what jersey I'd wear or where I'd watch games or whatever but I've completely abandoned everything. And nothing has changed.

Forenci
10-17-2012, 09:26 PM
I've never understood superstition. I believe in things I can't see, but for some reason I've never understood the rational of superstition.

What we say or do as fans has zero impact on the field.

Rosebud
10-17-2012, 11:35 PM
I worked out to a lot of our games last year and depending on whether I was working out or in between sets/resting, the team either made plays or gave them up. It's why I watched the whole SB run on my own, I noticed it earlier in the year, but decided to save it for when we had to win.

Do I believe I actually influenced the games? No, I generally don't do the whole belief thing, but did I notice a weird pattern that I never the less treated as though it were real? Yeah, and it worked, so I don't really know what to say about it, but I'm an atheist who talks to god under the thinking that just cause I don't believe he/she/it exists doesn't mean he/she/it doesn't actually exist.

bigbluedefense
10-18-2012, 08:20 AM
I always have been also but for whatever reason it's pretty much completely gone. I used have to my dumb little rituals on what jersey I'd wear or where I'd watch games or whatever but I've completely abandoned everything. And nothing has changed.

I don't know man. Mine are dead on. I don't even wear any Giants gear on game day. Don't even wear blue! Because every time I do they lose.

Never hear the game on the radio. Every time I do they lose.

I don't shave on gameday. In 07 I said I wouldn't shave until we lost, and we went on to win the SB, and from that time til now I have a ritual where I won't shave on gamedays.

I never gas up the team. When I do they start playing poorly.

I'll never go to a playoff game even though I have season tickets! Because every playoff game I went to, they lost.

When we beat Philly, I celebrate by going to Philadelphia and ordering a cheesesteak and eating it there with my Giants gear on. Haven't had a good cheesesteak in a long time...

Every jersey I've owned...the player got hurt. So I only wear their jerseys during the week, never on game day. And I try to avoid buying current player jerseys. Only retired guys.

So yeah. As you can tell...I'm pretty superstitious. I take it to the next level.

Jughead10
10-18-2012, 08:23 AM
I broke my ritual for the first time in maybe 6 years last week and we f'ed up the 49ers. Normally I wear the same jersey until we lose, and then I switch it up. But I wore different jerseys without and loss and nothing changed.

Giantsfan1080
10-18-2012, 08:57 AM
My superstition streak snapped at the playoff game last year. I vowed never to go to another Giants home playoff game because we lost the previous 2 I was at. Well I went to the Falcons game and we kicked that ass so everything went out the window.

I also would do the thing that Jughead just explained but that's no more also. I've changed jerseys after wins and we've still won and I've also kept the same jersey after we lost and then we won the next game. I'm just trying to enjoy this season more so than in the past and not get worried/worked up about everything little thing.

Where are your seats in the new stadium BBD?

bigbluedefense
10-18-2012, 12:43 PM
My superstition streak snapped at the playoff game last year. I vowed never to go to another Giants home playoff game because we lost the previous 2 I was at. Well I went to the Falcons game and we kicked that ass so everything went out the window.

I also would do the thing that Jughead just explained but that's no more also. I've changed jerseys after wins and we've still won and I've also kept the same jersey after we lost and then we won the next game. I'm just trying to enjoy this season more so than in the past and not get worried/worked up about everything little thing.

Where are your seats in the new stadium BBD?

Lower corner. I forgot the section #. I split with a group of ppl so I don't get the tickets delivered to my place.

scottyboy
10-18-2012, 12:54 PM
i had my superstitions but they have died down a little over time.

actually, I can say this now: I didn't jerk it during the whole 2007 super bowl run. Yeah, so you're all welcome for that. I think we know why we won it all now

bigbluedefense
10-18-2012, 12:55 PM
Mustve been like yogurt after all that time.

scottyboy
10-18-2012, 01:04 PM
Mustve been like yogurt after all that time.

victory yogurt.

D-Unit
10-18-2012, 01:18 PM
And you missed my point. It's just not that easy when you have a FRANCHISE player. You don't just send them packing.

As for Bennett thank you. I knew Coughlin, Pope, and Eli could make him into more than just a blocker.
Pats traded Richard Seymour. It's easy if you have the brains for it.

Tuck is NOBODY's franchise player anymore. You're too emotionally attached. Same problem Cowboys often show to their vets.

No need to thank me on Bennett. I admit the Cowboys didn't know how to use him. What do you expect? We have Jason Garrett and Tony Romo as our HC and QB. Pathetic as hell. I hate them. Still can't believe we beat you guys at home. LMAO. Unbelievable that we beat the SB champs at home on opening day. hahahaha.

Giantsfan1080
10-18-2012, 01:23 PM
Giants Football 101!!!

D-Unit
10-18-2012, 03:16 PM
Is Hakeem Nicks going to finish out the year healthy? Whatcha think?

bigbluedefense
10-18-2012, 04:09 PM
It doesn't look like it. We're gonna need that 3rd WR to step up and make up for him being banged up.

I'm hoping Randle can be that guy, but I don't think he'll be ready. Next year I expect Randle to really step into that 3rd WR role, but he's having a difficult time with our choices.

BaLLiN
10-18-2012, 04:12 PM
what do you guys think of Hixon? I don't know why Eli didn't target him more last game, he really stepped up.

bigbluedefense
10-18-2012, 04:14 PM
Pleasantly surprised. I honestly thought he was done, but he's been great so far. I can't ask for anything more out of him.

I'd still prefer Randle, maybe even Barden over him in the starting lineup, but even then, he's far exceeded my expectations.

Jughead10
10-18-2012, 04:20 PM
Everyone overlooks Hixon. The guy does nothing but solid things. Does all the the little things for this team. If only he could have stayed healthy the last 4 years. He was going to be our starter on the outside last year before he tore his ACL again week 2 making that circus catch for a TD.

Giantsfan1080
10-18-2012, 05:32 PM
It's easy to overlook Hixon because of the injuries but he does just come in and do his job.

Nicks will get better as the year goes on. The foot thing was nagging him but he's starting to become 100%.

BaLLiN
10-18-2012, 06:41 PM
BBD I would most definitely not want Barden starting over Hixon. Who can you trust more? Who has the most potential for a big play? Who has the credentials over a longer spread of time? I don't get why you'd ever think Barden over Hixon right now.

The only reason I am not arguing about Randle as much is because he looks gifted and although I do not trust him as much, he has the big play in him. Hixon is easily the starter over both, but Randle does make room for debate.

Great problems to have

Giantsfan1080
10-19-2012, 08:39 AM
Our players sure are giving us good quotes this year. This one from David Wilson who also already said he think he's going to the HOF:

“I’m like birth control. You have to believe in me. Like birth control, 99.9 percent of the time I’m going to come through for you.”

bigbluedefense
10-19-2012, 09:00 AM
Wilson is gonna be good. Just gotta give him a chance.

scottyboy
10-19-2012, 09:08 AM
i do like birth control

Malaka
10-19-2012, 09:10 AM
Jerry Reese is just money with first round picks.

2007- CB- Aaron Ross- Solid starter and nickel corner.

2008- FS- Kenny Phillips- Starting safety and one of the must underrated players in the league.

2009- WR- Hakeem Nicks- When he is healthy, a top 10 WR.

2010- DE- Jason Pierre-Paul- Our best D-lineman right now, and one of th best in the league.

2011- CB- Prince Amukamara- Injured last year, but has been looking great this year in coverage especially. So far looking like a pretty good pick.

2012- RB- David Wilson- Looks like he oozes potential. That speed! Too early though but looking like a good one.

Jerry Reese is a ******* prophet.

bigbluedefense
10-19-2012, 09:15 AM
Jerry Reese is a top 3 GM in the league. I hope he stays forever.

Giantsfan1080
10-19-2012, 09:21 AM
Have to credit Marc Ross as well. He'll have a GM job this offseason or next. Chris Mara also does an excellent job.

bigbluedefense
10-19-2012, 10:31 AM
Have to credit Marc Ross as well. He'll have a GM job this offseason or next. Chris Mara also does an excellent job.

Yeah I'm shocked Ross isn't a GM already. Luckily for us he's black so he needed to wait a little longer than his counterparts.

Giantsfan1080
10-19-2012, 10:34 AM
Funny story. I also thought Reese and Ross were white. When Accorsi announced his retirement and they photos of all the possible candidates I almost choked that they were black.

BigBlueNorwegian
10-19-2012, 11:14 AM
Yeah I'm shocked Ross isn't a GM already. Luckily for us he's black so he needed to wait a little longer than his counterparts.

I hope he's a homosexual as well, so it will be damn near impossible for him to get a GM spot. We need him to stay forever.

Giantsfan1080
10-19-2012, 12:12 PM
Bernard, Williams, Scott and Phillips are out. Boley and Bradshaw are questionable. No Boley and Williamds has me a bit scared now because of Bob's running ability. We know Chase isn't running him down.

Malaka
10-19-2012, 12:29 PM
Bernard, Williams, Scott and Phillips are out. Boley and Bradshaw are questionable. No Boley and Williamds has me a bit scared now because of Bob's running ability. We know Chase isn't running him down.

Williams and Boley??? Damn...

Is Keith Rivers getting the start? He is going to have to step up. We need a big game from him.

Giantsfan1080
10-19-2012, 12:33 PM
Rivers is definitely playing but starting doesn't really matter. Boley needs to go Sunday.

Giantsfan1080
10-19-2012, 01:25 PM
Out
DT Rocky Bernard (Quadriceps - DNP)
S Kenny Phillips (Knee - DNP)
RB Da’Rel Scott (Knee - DNP)
LB Jacquian Williams (Knee - DNP)

Questionable
LB Michael Boley (Hip - LP)
RB Ahmad Bradshaw (Foot - DNP)

Probable
RB Andre Brown (Concussion - FP)
WR Hakeem Nicks (Foot/Knee - LP)
CB Corey Webster (Hand/Hamstring - FP)

BaLLiN
10-19-2012, 01:52 PM
Who do you think gets the start if Bradshaw doesn't play?

NY+Giants=NYG
10-19-2012, 01:56 PM
Brown and Wilson combo. And I think Bradshaw will play and start though.

Rosebud
10-19-2012, 09:12 PM
I really hope this is like the Browns game, where despite coming out flat, we get our **** together and smoke them.

BamaFalcon59
10-20-2012, 01:43 AM
Hall of fame hoe! Any questions who starts?

Also, Wilson really shows how irrelevant combine 40 yd times can be. Kid is stupid fast on the field.

Malaka
10-20-2012, 10:15 AM
Hall of fame hoe! Any questions who starts?

Also, Wilson really shows how irrelevant combine 40 yd times can be. Kid is stupid fast on the field.

Didn't he run like a 4.4? That's pretty fast either way lol. But, anyway, Coughlin does not start rookies... unless the situation is dire. If Bradshaw doesn't play, I think it's safe to say Andre Brown will start but the carries will be split evenely between him and Wilson.

He was still a great pick, although I didn't expect it.

We need to crush Bob and the Redskins. 0-2 in the division can really come back to haunt us. Tomorrow's game is more important than it seems.

BamaFalcon59
10-20-2012, 03:34 PM
He ran like a 4.48 I think, which is good but not great.

BaLLiN
10-20-2012, 09:03 PM
He ran like a 4.48 I think, which is good but not great.

He ran a 4.41, which i think is what Aaron Ross ran, but I agree with you Bama, it is apparent that his 40 time is not indicative of how fast he is. He plays much faster.

BamaFalcon59
10-20-2012, 09:09 PM
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/david-wilson?id=2533035
http://www.thekeyplay.com/content/2012/february/27/wilson-wows-combine

Says 4.49 but yeah, point stands.

bigbluedefense
10-21-2012, 09:42 AM
He reminds me a lot of Chris Johnson/Jamal Charles. Actually more like Jamal Charles than Chris Johnson. Johnson was a much more patient runner and his cuts were so sharp.

I hope we can re-sign both Cruz and Nicks next year. If those 2 come back, we bring Bennett back, and Wilson and Randle progress the way I anticipate them to progress over the course of the season, we could have a scary offense in 2014.

Especially if they use the next draft to shore up the OL a little.

BaLLiN
10-21-2012, 10:57 AM
He reminds me a lot of Chris Johnson/Jamal Charles. Actually more like Jamal Charles than Chris Johnson. Johnson was a much more patient runner and his cuts were so sharp.

I hope we can re-sign both Cruz and Nicks next year. If those 2 come back, we bring Bennett back, and Wilson and Randle progress the way I anticipate them to progress over the course of the season, we could have a scary offense in 2014.

Its funny you say that because he reminds me a lot of those guys too, I compared Chris Johnson to Wilson w/ scott's notes and they were very similar players. CJ Spiller is another guy I think he compares to and it wasnt a surprise that we picked him because we were looking at Spiller a year or two before.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-21-2012, 11:03 AM

Nicks should be offered a lesser contract than he probably wants due to the fact he gets hurt every god damn year! Sometimes I forget he is 24 years old, because he has the body of a player about to hit 30. I actually want Bennett back no matter what. He should be priority due to the value of his position.

BaLLiN
10-21-2012, 11:06 AM
Nicks should be offered a lesser contract than he probably wants due to the fact he gets hurt every god damn year! Sometimes I forget he is 24 years old, because he has the body of a player about to hit 30. I actually want Bennett back no matter what. He should be priority due to the value of his position.

I agree, Bennett's blocking is phenomenal and he is more than good enough in the pass game

Giantsfan1080
10-21-2012, 11:06 AM
Nicks still plays 14 games a year. Who cares if he's banged up when he still produces?

NY+Giants=NYG
10-21-2012, 11:12 AM
Nicks still plays 14 games a year. Who cares if he's banged up when he still produces?

I do and he is 100% when he does play. It's not like once he comes back he is 100% fine and healthy. It's always a nagging injury which stays all season. He is like the Justin Tuck of the offense. Let's see how he does now with this foot and knee issues as the season continues on.

I agree, Bennett's blocking is phenomenal and he is more than good enough in the pass game

That's the perfect TE for this system. A great blocker and someone who can do damage in passing game. It's a big time featured position or valued position in this system because you basically have to be half offensive linemen, half WR. He fits that bill and does both very well. You have to re-sign him, and keep some stability.

BaLLiN
10-21-2012, 11:15 AM
That's the perfect TE for this system. A great blocker and someone who can do damage in passing game. It's a big time featured position or valued position in this system because you basically have to be half offensive linemen, half WR. He fits that bill and does both very well. You have to re-sign him, and keep some stability.

He just needs to not pull stuff like stopping short on a route, that just isnt acceptable. Otherwise I think the guy fits in very well with our locker room and team.

Giantsfan1080
10-21-2012, 03:09 PM
That just happened.

BaLLiN
10-21-2012, 03:10 PM
cruz shouldve had two more touchdowns, but thank god for the win

scottyboy
10-21-2012, 03:11 PM
and i'm ok with it because we always play down to our opponent and Eli was off today and I'm sure he'll turn it around. Get it out of the way now and against a team we can do things like that against

Rosebud
10-21-2012, 03:14 PM
That just happened.

I ran to my weights and started doing curls the instant they scored that last TD and give Eli the ball. Still don't believe in superstitions, but...Giants!

Giantsfan1080
10-21-2012, 03:14 PM
You do know this team is aging us at least 5 years.

OSUGiants17
10-21-2012, 03:16 PM

That's being generous. Between this team and the Rangers, I don't doubt that I have a heart attack at a very young age, but it's whatever I still Bleed Blue!

Rosebud
10-21-2012, 03:19 PM

Nah man, I'm never nervous with this team.

Giantsfan1080
10-21-2012, 03:23 PM
Nah man, I'm never nervous with this team.

It's not nerves, it's the excitement.

BaLLiN
10-21-2012, 03:29 PM
Cruz is a monster.

BigBlueNorwegian
10-21-2012, 03:42 PM
Trademark Giant game. Play down to our opponent, be close in the 4th quarter, get behind, and watch Eli steer us back to victory! But if we lost here, it would have been on Eli. He looked off today, threw two bad picks, and a couple of other errant throws.

It was soo important to win in the division as well. only five teams to start the division 0-3 have ever made the playoffs. Only one has ever won the division starting 0-3.

Giantsfan1080
10-21-2012, 03:43 PM
Gilbride also. Pass happy on 3rd and 1 and a low percentage play at that.

Giantsfan1080
10-21-2012, 03:45 PM
McCourty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!! RUTGERS sex bomb.

BaLLiN
10-21-2012, 03:52 PM
Dallas shouldve lost to carolina but meh

Giantsfan1080
10-21-2012, 04:08 PM
Cruz is a monster.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1596225/cruzzzz_medium.gif

FUNBUNCHER
10-21-2012, 04:08 PM
I don't think NY played down the SKins. But I do think the Giants were capable of playing better on offense throwing the football.

I don't think there's much more the Giants could have done against the Skins and RGIII. We ran for almost 300 yards. That's not playing down to your opponent, that's just not being real strong at stopping the run and not having a great gameplan for slowing down a QB capable of rushing for 100 yards on his own.

Basically I think the SKins more than match up against the Giants D. Trent Williams stoned every Giants pass rusher he faced today and the Oline as a whole is improved. We might have the top rookie RB in the NFL this season, and RGIII is everything he was hyped to be.

Eli wasn't on target on several passes in the first half but he finished strong.

IMO the Giants are a team when they're playing a squad they believe is elite, manage to step up their game. Or when their backs are against the wall and are playing a little desperate.

I still think this SKins team is better than the one that beat the Giants twice last season.

Rosebud
10-21-2012, 04:11 PM
It's not nerves, it's the excitement.

Yeah, but that's good for you. It's like the 100 year old bacon lover, if you're not living life you're not going to stubbornly cling to it.

Giantsfan1080
10-21-2012, 04:17 PM
So thinking about things now I can't believe Wilson got 0 carries.

Rosebud
10-21-2012, 05:24 PM

Coughlin clearly doesn't believe in birth control.

BaLLiN
10-21-2012, 05:24 PM

I know I don't like it either, there are numerous times where I thought "Wilson wouldve gotten to that edge, Wilson wouldve gotten a few more yards, etc."

Giantsfan1080
10-21-2012, 05:25 PM
Coughlin clearly doesn't believe in birth control.

You sir are on fire today.

Rosebud
10-21-2012, 05:31 PM
You sir are on fire today.

Thank you thank you, after a ****** thursday, my weekend has really rallied n put me in a good mood going into next week. Hopefully I finally charm my way into finding a HR person to take to lunch so I can convince her to pick me for an internship. I really need to get out of the lab and science in general.

scottyboy
10-21-2012, 05:39 PM
Chase forced 2 fumbles today :)

Forenci
10-21-2012, 05:40 PM
Too bad he sucks in coverage.

scottyboy
10-21-2012, 05:41 PM
he obviously let the receiver catch it so he can force the fumble, duh

Giantsfan1080
10-21-2012, 05:42 PM
Chase was the same as always. Not good overall but makes big plays.

Giantsfan1080
10-21-2012, 05:42 PM
he obviously let the receiver catch it so he can force the fumble, duh

Just like Eli trolling for another 4th quarter comeback.

Rosebud
10-21-2012, 05:59 PM
Just like Eli trolling for another 4th quarter comeback.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if he was. Cause otherwise he has to have made a deal with the devil to have just as much talent as he needs to win it in the clutch.

Giantsfan1080
10-21-2012, 06:06 PM
And Cruz who already has 7 career TD's of over 70+ yards. The record is 14 and he's half way there in a year and a half!

Rosebud
10-21-2012, 06:10 PM
Somehow I just can't picture Cruz having the success he's had with any other QB, they're perfectly ridiculous for one another.

bigbluedefense
10-21-2012, 09:15 PM
I don't think NY played down the SKins. But I do think the Giants were capable of playing better on offense throwing the football.

I don't think there's much more the Giants could have done against the Skins and RGIII. We ran for almost 300 yards. That's not playing down to your opponent, that's just not being real strong at stopping the run and not having a great gameplan for slowing down a QB capable of rushing for 100 yards on his own.

Basically I think the SKins more than match up against the Giants D. Trent Williams stoned every Giants pass rusher he faced today and the Oline as a whole is improved. We might have the top rookie RB in the NFL this season, and RGIII is everything he was hyped to be.

Eli wasn't on target on several passes in the first half but he finished strong.

IMO the Giants are a team when they're playing a squad they believe is elite, manage to step up their game. Or when their backs are against the wall and are playing a little desperate.

I still think this SKins team is better than the one that beat the Giants twice last season.

This. RG3 is the real deal. Wow. He's gonna terrorize our division in the coming years. I'm very impressed with your offensive scheme. It's very creative. The Skins are a good team, they'll develop into a contender in a couple of years.

I was extremely impressed with Bob. He's gonna be a stud.

Giantsfan1080
10-21-2012, 09:17 PM
Injuries will take their toll and he'll lose speed. I'm not worried. The offensive scheme fits him now but give the NFL time and they'll figure it out.

bigbluedefense
10-21-2012, 09:18 PM
As for the Giants, wow. Gotta love it man. We're spoiled. Eli had his worst game of the season but in typical Eli fashion he wins the game at the end. I hate Perry Fewell.

We run a Cover 2 defense. I hate that scheme. But that's what we run. Bend but don't break, get turnovers, rely almost exclusively on front 4 pressure. We're a cover 2 defense. I hate it.

bigbluedefense
10-21-2012, 09:20 PM
Prince is developing into a stud too.

bigbluedefense
10-21-2012, 09:21 PM
Injuries will take their toll and he'll lose speed. I'm not worried. The offensive scheme fits him now but give the NFL time and they'll figure it out.

But he'll adjust too. I'm not saying the redskins are gonna own the division, but Bob is the real deal. Gotta give him credit man. He looks good.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-21-2012, 09:22 PM
This. RG3 is the real deal. Wow. He's gonna terrorize our division in the coming years. I'm very impressed with your offensive scheme. It's very creative. The Skins are a good team, they'll develop into a contender in a couple of years.

I was extremely impressed with Bob. He's gonna be a stud.

Actually I am not impressed with him. More impressed with that system. Just a great job in making it hard to read your keys of run and pass. Every play is hard to distinguish. Heck of a play design by their staff and ballsy play calling. That system scares me. Bob I wasn't impressed with. When shanny retires and if his son goes to another team I want to see bob run a traditional offense. If he does well then kudos to him. I think he is perfect for the current system and made a few good throws bu5 overall I came away unimpressed.

Rosebud
10-21-2012, 09:31 PM
Bob has been very impressive but he's still got so much further to go before I start worrying about the Redskins contending for the division.

Giantsfan1080
10-21-2012, 09:33 PM
But he'll adjust too. I'm not saying the redskins are gonna own the division, but Bob is the real deal. Gotta give him credit man. He looks good.

Don't get me wrong he made some great throws and he can obviously run. Like NYG just said though it's the system right now that gives him easy reads on the pass. They don't take many shots and a lot of trouble for us was on quick patterns. He made some big mistakes also as a rookie usually does. I want to see him the second half of the year when teams have more tape on him before I make any sweeping declarations.

Prince was GREAT today. I think they threw at him once and it was incomplete. I know the Redskins don't have much in the WR department but man he took care of business. He actually does remind somewhat of good Webster.

Rosebud
10-21-2012, 09:36 PM
Don't get me wrong he made some great throws and he can obviously run. Like NYG just said though it's the system right now that gives him easy reads on the pass. They don't take many shots and a lot of trouble for us was on quick patterns. He made some big mistakes also as a rookie usually does. I want to see him the second half of the year when teams have more tape on him before I make any sweeping declarations.

Prince was GREAT today. I think they threw at him once and it was incomplete. I know the Redskins don't have much in the WR department but man he took care of business. He actually does remind somewhat of good Webster.

Glad to see I'm not the only one that sees a lot of prime C-Web in Prince. Kid's just blown me away with how well he sticks to NFL receivers, I loved him coming out and he's everything I hoped he'd be when. Just gotta stay healthy now and not become the next Aaron Ross or Terrell Thomas.

Giantsfan1080
10-21-2012, 09:39 PM
Yup health is always a prime factor. I also want to see him stick more #1's. Next week against Dallas when he is on Austin or Dez will be telling.

Webster's hammy problem is contributing a lot to his suckiness this year.

Forenci
10-22-2012, 12:26 AM
Yeah Prince has been fantastic. Him playing well and being healthy gives us options for the draft. If he and Hosley play well we might be able to solve CB via free agency instead of investing a high draft pick.

I mean, you can never have too many CB's, but it lets us move it down a bit on our priority list.

FUNBUNCHER
10-22-2012, 01:08 AM
Actually I am not impressed with him. More impressed with that system. Just a great job in making it hard to read your keys of run and pass. Every play is hard to distinguish. Heck of a play design by their staff and ballsy play calling. That system scares me. Bob I wasn't impressed with. When shanny retires and if his son goes to another team I want to see bob run a traditional offense. If he does well then kudos to him. I think he is perfect for the current system and made a few good throws bu5 overall I came away unimpressed.
The Shahanans were pressed to devise a system that would allow them to be competitive and win with a rookie starting QB and not have to play through a rookie QB's mistakes.
As time goes on I suspect the Skins passing offense will resemble more traditional schemes, but it's still going to be very multiple with more than a generous dose of those read option plays.
All any QB can do is be successful in the scheme they're asked to play, so in that sense all NFL QBs are 'system' QBs.

bigbluedefense
10-22-2012, 06:49 AM
The system is great. I know Bob is gonna have to learn a pro style system eventually but I have no doubt that he'll be fine. He's got all the tools, and he seems to have a good head on his shoulders. He'll gradually develop those skills while still incorporating some of these concepts as well.

The spread option has a place in the NFL. If you think about it, it's merely an evolution of the wildcat. This is what Bill Parcells envisioned when he drafted Pat White. This is the next stage in the evolution.

I'm shocked that Pistol took this long to make its way to the NFL. It makes perfect sense as a formation in today's passing league. So I don't see this offensive scheme as a gimic that will go away, it will merely evolve with the qb. It's a great scheme, and we can't fault Bob for having the traits necessary to thrive in it.

bigbluedefense
10-22-2012, 07:03 AM
As for the Giants, I want to be critical of the defense but I can't because that offense was so unique it was obvious the Giants had no clue on how to defend it.

But I can critique the tackling. We're not a good tackling defense. That's 50% of the battle on defense. I think the front office needs to make a point of emphasizing tackling skills in their evaluations moving forward, because I think tackling isn't really taught at the pro level so they need those skills at the college level and carry them over.

We're ranked in the middle of the pack on defense, and thats accurate. Btw our injuries, poor coordination, and poor tackling we leave a lot of plays on the field. I think Fewell refuses to be aggressive on defense bc of our injuries in the secondary. And I don't necessarily blame him for it. Look, the one time we blitz RG3 he hits Moss up top for what should have been the game winning TD. Our DBs can't be trusted 1 on 1 right now (outside of Prince who's been stellar thus far).

We need some fresh blood along the DL too.

Jughead10
10-22-2012, 07:51 AM
I was more impressed with that RB on the Foreskins. He does not go down and always keeps his legs moving. Carries guys an additional 2-3 yards on every play. But he seemed to tire. In the 4th quarter he was going down a ton easier.

bigbluedefense
10-22-2012, 08:08 AM
Their run game as a whole is impressive. That's a good offensive football team. They don't have any weapons on the outside but they'll get them over time. Their OL is good, Shanny knows how to find RBs, they finally have a qb.

They average 30 points a game. That's impressive for what they have at the skill positions.

They're on the come up. They won't be doormats for much longer. I think Philly is gonna take a step back. I think the Redskins will be a tough battle from now on. They're not gonna be that guaranteed W anymore.

Jughead10
10-22-2012, 08:10 AM
They're on the come up. They won't be doormats for much longer. I think Philly is gonna take a step back. I think the Redskins will be a tough battle from now on. They're not gonna be that guaranteed W anymore.

They never were when we consistently played down to them. Todd freaking Collins.

Giantsfan1080
10-22-2012, 09:11 AM
For some reason Eli always plays bad against the Skins. If you look at his numbers compared against the Eagles and Cowboys and then the Skins there is a night and day difference.

bigbluedefense
10-22-2012, 09:13 AM
He did enough to win yesterday. That's all I care about. Not his best performance, but it feels good that if we have the ball in his hands with the game on the line, we're gonna win more often than not.

We just have to keep games close and let him close it out at the end. That's the blueprint for us.

If its close going into the 4th quarter, I expect to win.

But I want to see more out of this defense. I just don't like the bend but don't break style. Hopefully once our DBs get healthy we can be more aggressive.

Rosebud
10-22-2012, 09:14 AM
For some reason Eli always plays bad against the Skins. If you look at his numbers compared against the Eagles and Cowboys and then the Skins there is a night and day difference.

It's cause the Redskins are never in big games, so his talent knows performing well against them can't be clutch.

Giantsfan1080
10-22-2012, 09:22 AM
He did enough to win yesterday. That's all I care about. Not his best performance, but it feels good that if we have the ball in his hands with the game on the line, we're gonna win more often than not.

We just have to keep games close and let him close it out at the end. That's the blueprint for us.

If its close going into the 4th quarter, I expect to win.

But I want to see more out of this defense. I just don't like the bend but don't break style. Hopefully once our DBs get healthy we can be more aggressive.

The secondary is healthy now besides Phillips. Brown had played del though in his absence. Webster's hammy is probably going to be an issue for another few weeks.

bigbluedefense
10-22-2012, 09:33 AM
That's the thing. Webster's hammy and KP. Fewell doesn't like blitzing if he doesn't have KP in the post, and he likes putting Web on an island when he blitzes and can't trust him right now.

So he's not going to adjust until guys get healthy. He doesn't trust Prince enough yet to make him the island guy. And with the miscommunication vs Cleveland taht led to the TD, I don't think he trusts our safeties back there without KP either, and I don't particularly blame him for that.

Giantsfan1080
10-22-2012, 09:57 AM
I think part of the game plan yesterday was to let them run but keep everything in front of them. Besides the TD to Moss there was nothing down field and that's how Fewell likes it.

bigbluedefense
10-22-2012, 10:01 AM
Yeah. We're a Cover 2 defense. Fewell wants to play bend but don't break. I hate that style, but it is what it is. That's what he runs. That's what we've become.

OSUGiants17
10-22-2012, 10:20 AM
http://nyc.barstoolsports.com/files/2012/10/Eli-480x534.jpg

scottyboy
10-22-2012, 10:21 AM
Beatty's play of late may mean OT isn't as big of a need. I mean, Locklear/DD long term isn't good, but a run blocking RT can be found later I believe. A playmaker at LB would be swell, but no MLB's are really catching my eye. I love the DL depth in this draft though, that'd be cool to nab some guys. The big run stuffer Short from Purdue is pretty kewl

bigbluedefense
10-22-2012, 10:21 AM
To be fair to Fewell, as much as I hate that style, we did hold them to 13 points for most of the game before Eli turned it over.

But to counter that, they shot themselves in the foot twice that negated TDs. One with the "legwhip" that I didn't see. The other with the illegal procedure that I also didn't see. That's a 14 point swing on what were 2 questionable calls.

Plus the turnovers we created helped, but how often can you rely on that?

The end result is what matters, and I'm glad for the W. But I just hope we fine tune some things for Dallas.

I'm loving Unicorn btw. That is looking to be a steal. We stole him. I loved Bradshaw's demeanor too. He was clearly not happy with our effort and was trying to kickstart guys and firing them up. This team man, they just don't get up for lesser opponents. I was glad to see Bradshaw not happy about that and letting his teammates know about it.

scottyboy
10-22-2012, 10:25 AM
people are calling bradshaw out for yelling at TC but **** it. he was fired up. TC was fired up. I don't like players talking back or yelling at coaches, but it seemed like a heat of the moment thing and they seem fine

Jughead10
10-22-2012, 10:27 AM
people are calling bradshaw out for yelling at TC but **** it. he was fired up. TC was fired up. I don't like players talking back or yelling at coaches, but it seemed like a heat of the moment thing and they seem fine

I don't think Coughlin cares either. Bradshaw is one of his favorites. Always has been.

bigbluedefense
10-22-2012, 10:53 AM
Yeah it's not an issue at all.

I like to see some emotion on the sideline. Not everyone can be Eli. Our nonchalant coolness is good in the sense that it really helps us win close games, but it also hurts us in the sense that this team doesn't get up for easy opponents bc of the nonchalant attitude.