PDA

View Full Version : New York Giants Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

Rosebud
10-22-2012, 11:02 AM
I dunno if the numbers check out, but it sure seems like we cause a lot more turnovers under Fewell than we used to, even when we had Spags. Wonder if that's something different the coaches are doing or just having better cover-players.

Giantsfan1080
10-22-2012, 11:39 AM
Fewell has always been known for his D's to give up yards but create more turnovers and that's exactly what we've seen here.

Bradshaw has been pumped ever since he fumbled in the Browns game. He's been a totally different runner since then.

Giantsfan1080
10-22-2012, 11:44 AM
Is anyone else a little surprised we haven't locked up one of our younger guys yet? Are they waiting to find out what the estimated cap might be in a few years?

bigbluedefense
10-22-2012, 12:14 PM
I dunno if the numbers check out, but it sure seems like we cause a lot more turnovers under Fewell than we used to, even when we had Spags. Wonder if that's something different the coaches are doing or just having better cover-players.

Zone defense. You play more zone, you'll generate more turnovers.

bigbluedefense
10-22-2012, 12:15 PM
Is anyone else a little surprised we haven't locked up one of our younger guys yet? Are they waiting to find out what the estimated cap might be in a few years?

Maybe they're scared after what happened to Steve Smith? Luckily for us, Steve turned their offer down but then got hurt immediately afterwards. Maybe they want to squeeze as many healthy games as they can out of both of them before they start paying them more money?

I have a feeling we franchise 1, and extend the other. Then see if we can extend the other next year. Just a guess on my part.

Giantsfan1080
10-22-2012, 12:16 PM
I'm not just talking about Nicks and Cruz. JPP, Joseph, Kenny, and so on.

bigbluedefense
10-22-2012, 12:18 PM
JPP has time. Joseph...I don't think he's worth re-signing. Kenny might wind up being an odd man out.

Osi is gonna walk. Beatty needs to do more than play well for a couple of games. Barden is gonna walk. Beckum is gonna walk.

We're gonna have a lot of roster turnover. This core is gonna change a lot over the next 2 years.

Rosebud
10-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Zone defense. You play more zone, you'll generate more turnovers.

While true it seems more than that, the players seem to go for the strip more instead of just wrapping up and even Web's made some picks that would've bounced right off of his hands back in the day. Seems like Perry just emphasizes it more in practice.

Rosebud
10-22-2012, 12:24 PM
JPP has time. Joseph...I don't think he's worth re-signing. Kenny might wind up being an odd man out.

Osi is gonna walk. Beatty needs to do more than play well for a couple of games. Barden is gonna walk. Beckum is gonna walk.

We're gonna have a lot of roster turnover. This core is gonna change a lot over the next 2 years.

I'd like to see us hold onto Joseph and Kenny. With Osi walking, Tuck's future in the air, rolle coming due for an extension and Canty being gone soon, I think there might end up being more money available than you're predicting.

Giantsfan1080
10-22-2012, 12:25 PM
Joseph is very underrated on the D. He's better than Cofield ever was.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-22-2012, 12:48 PM
Anyone having trouble with this website?

Giantsfan1080
10-22-2012, 12:49 PM
Anyone having trouble with this website?

Last night there was an issue but everything should be ok now. I haven't had any problems since then.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-22-2012, 12:52 PM
The Shahanans were pressed to devise a system that would allow them to be competitive and win with a rookie starting QB and not have to play through a rookie QB's mistakes.
As time goes on I suspect the Skins passing offense will resemble more traditional schemes, but it's still going to be very multiple with more than a generous dose of those read option plays.
All any QB can do is be successful in the scheme they're asked to play, so in that sense all NFL QBs are 'system' QBs.

It's a great system! I seem it when I coached, and seen at the HS level too. It's a pain! I respect the heck out of it and love to watch the service schools, run those various types of offenses with a mobile QB. It's just a pain to to defense and your stomach groans watching the QB and RB just get chunks left and right.

That's why I said, I came away from the game with two things. I was VERY impressed with the system AND very impressed with that RB. That guy is a bowling ball that just can't be tackled. It was very good to see those two things for me. I love seeing creative offensive systems, and that system is going to be an issue. I think Bob did some good things, but I wasn't impressed with him from any standpoint. He in that system though runs it well and will cause problems. But props to the coaching staff and the RB. That's a good RB there!

NY+Giants=NYG
10-22-2012, 12:53 PM
Last night there was an issue but everything should be ok now. I haven't had any problems since then.

Ok good then. I though it was me. I tried posting but the website wouldn't load up on my phone. So I figured the phone internet was acting up.

Damix
10-22-2012, 07:09 PM
2007 SB:
Washington 1-1
Philadelphia 2-0
Dallas 0-2

2011 SB:
Washington 0-2
Philadelphia 1-1
Dallas 2-0

2012:
Washington 1-0
Philadelphia 0-1
Dallas 0-1

If we want to win the superbowl, we beat Dallas, lose to Philly week 17 and beat Washington week 13.

ITS SCIENCE

Rosebud
10-22-2012, 07:22 PM
Because...giants!

Malaka
10-22-2012, 07:36 PM
Is anyone else ready for us to win next week getting to our annual 6-2 and then our subsequent annual mid-season crash?

NY+Giants=NYG
10-23-2012, 12:42 PM
Is anyone else ready for us to win next week getting to our annual 6-2 and then our subsequent annual mid-season crash?

Yup. I expect Fewell to go back to 3 man rushes from then on. Osi and Tuck taking turns dropping back in coverage.

Jughead10
10-23-2012, 12:54 PM

I don't want to jinx it, but this schedule doesn't seem as hard anymore as it did when it originally came out. The Steelers, Ravens, Bengals, and Saints to me just don't feel as tough of a game as they originally did. They obviously aren't a walk in the park, but this schedule seemed brutal when it came out. I just don't fear it as much anymore.

LonghornsLegend
10-23-2012, 01:34 PM

You guys almost always finish strong though, I'd be ecstatic with 6 wins at the halfway point. With the parity in the league Eli has a really good chance at getting another ring this year.

I really don't see us beating you guys, not with how well you guys have closed games and how terrible we have been. I think everyone was just so jacked up for the opener and to get "revenge" it had everyone playing at a level they won't be able to replicate.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-23-2012, 01:36 PM
You guys almost always finish strong though, I'd be ecstatic with 6 wins at the halfway point. With the parity in the league Eli has a really good chance at getting another ring this year.

I really don't see us beating you guys, not with how well you guys have closed games and how terrible we have been. I think everyone was just so jacked up for the opener and to get "revenge" it had everyone playing at a level they won't be able to replicate.

We will see what defense shows up and which Fewell shows up. If the defense plays well I think we may win big. But it's the regular season AND we have Fewell off a bad defensive game. So this game will be close, and you guys could possibly win too. So let's see how our defense plays.

Malaka
10-23-2012, 01:42 PM
I think we win because Giants... I like my odds at 6-2... after that who knows. But I am banking on us finishing strong as usual.

Giantsfan1080
10-23-2012, 01:46 PM
I don't want to jinx it, but this schedule doesn't seem as hard anymore as it did when it originally came out. The Steelers, Ravens, Bengals, and Saints to me just don't feel as tough of a game as they originally did. They obviously aren't a walk in the park, but this schedule seemed brutal when it came out. I just don't fear it as much anymore.

I said that a couple of weeks ago. The Ravens might be playing out the season by then and the Steelers D doesn't scare me. The Bengals are decent but nothing we can't handle. The Saints can still spread us out though even if they are on the road. The Packers will be close.

Malaka
10-23-2012, 01:49 PM
I said that a couple of weeks ago. The Ravens might be playing out the season by then and the Steelers D doesn't scare me. The Bengals are decent but nothing we can't handle. The Saints can still spread us out though even if they are on the road. The Packers will be close.

Are we home against the Saints? If we are I like us a lot more in that game... if its in the Superdome I'd be quivering after the smack down they gave us last time.

Giantsfan1080
10-23-2012, 02:12 PM
Yeah we're home but they still have our number a bit. I still feel like we can get the W though.

Jughead10
10-23-2012, 02:15 PM
Yeah we're home but they still have our number a bit. I still feel like we can get the W though.

Agreed. 6-0 vs. 2-4, I'd rather play in the Georgia Dome than the Super Dome.

D-Unit
10-23-2012, 03:07 PM
Come to think of it, Dallas might be the toughest Defense left on your schedule. There are better offenses by far, but yeah, I think so.

I know your guys confidence is flying high right now, and you'll probably luck out and not have to face DeMarco Murray. I wish you guys had Romo and we had Eli. hahahaha

Jughead10
10-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Come to think of it, Dallas might be the toughest Defense left on your schedule. There are better offenses by far, but yeah, I think so.

I know your guys confidence is flying high right now, and you'll probably luck out and not have to face DeMarco Murray. I wish you guys had Romo and we had Eli. hahahaha

Well the main reason the schedule looks easier is because the AFC is so mediocre/bad this year. Bengals, Ravens, and Steelers were all playoff teams last year, but I don't think any of them are as good as they were last season.

bigbluedefense
10-24-2012, 08:20 AM
October typically treats us well, we usually go 3-1 in October. But November is the exact opposite. Contrarily, Dallas typically kills November.

So we won't know how this division will shape up until the end of November at earliest, bc I expect us to take our typical November dive, and Dallas to make their typical November run.

And then there is Philly, who always finishes strong in December regardless of how much the sky is falling. So this will be interesting until the end.

Giantsfan1080
10-24-2012, 08:26 AM
Good thing for us we only have 3 games in November this year.

bigbluedefense
10-24-2012, 08:32 AM
Yeah that definitely helps. I like late bye weeks too, we need to recharge for the finish line in december.

I hate early bye weeks. Players are a lot more banged up in November than October.

bigbluedefense
10-24-2012, 08:40 AM
Anyone else pleasantly surprised with Stevie Brown? I know the INT numbers aren't reflective of his play overall, but he's still exceeding my expectations.

Makes me wonder if Sash needs to stay on the roster.

Giantsfan1080
10-24-2012, 08:41 AM
Sash will probably get the axe when Hill gets back unless someone gets hurt.

bigbluedefense
10-24-2012, 08:43 AM
He is a great special teamer though, so if anything saves him his roster spot, it will be that.

I'm curious to see if we keep Beckum on the roster when he comes back. At this point, I rather have Beckum on the roster than someone on the backend of our WR core. Because at least Beckum will see the field.

bigbluedefense
10-24-2012, 08:54 AM
I really miss reading Garafolo's post game articles. He did such a great job of breaking down the games.

Vachianno doesn't even come close. And Vrentas doesn't really know the Xs and Os of the game, or at least she doesn't express it like Garafolo did.

I miss that. Don't know if there are any alternatives to Garafolo right now.

Giantsfan1080
10-24-2012, 09:09 AM
I really miss reading Garafolo's post game articles. He did such a great job of breaking down the games.

Vachianno doesn't even come close. And Vrentas doesn't really know the Xs and Os of the game, or at least she doesn't express it like Garafolo did.

I miss that. Don't know if there are any alternatives to Garafolo right now.

Nothing comes close. I don't even read any Giants beat guys now.

Giantsfan1080
10-24-2012, 09:10 AM
He is a great special teamer though, so if anything saves him his roster spot, it will be that.

I'm curious to see if we keep Beckum on the roster when he comes back. At this point, I rather have Beckum on the roster than someone on the backend of our WR core. Because at least Beckum will see the field.

Yeah that is correct about Sash. It's another 2 weeks before we have to make a decision when Hill gets back.

I think Beckum goes to IR. Let him the ACL properly. After they was saw what happened to Thomas they might not want to risk it. If not I'd just cut him. Pascoe is fine. We don't need Beckum. WR depth is more important on this team so I'd rather keep all them.

bigbluedefense
10-24-2012, 09:11 AM
Nothing comes close. I don't even read any Giants beat guys now.

Me neither. It's just not the same. The rest of them are just reporters that summarize the game. Big deal. I saw the game, I don't need a summary.

Giantsfan1080
10-24-2012, 09:14 AM
Me neither. It's just not the same. The rest of them are just reporters that summarize the game. Big deal. I saw the game, I don't need a summary.

Exactly plus everyone here is going to catch stuff more than them.

Speaking of which that Griffin INT was because of Linval. Watch him blow the pocket up forcing Griffin to make a quick decision.

bigbluedefense
10-24-2012, 10:31 AM
Exactly plus everyone here is going to catch stuff more than them.

Speaking of which that Griffin INT was because of Linval. Watch him blow the pocket up forcing Griffin to make a quick decision.

Joseph is having a good year. He has a great bullrush. You'd like to see more pass rush out of him overall bc he's so huge and everyone else draws so much attention, but he's still developed into a very good player.

The only thing is, with so many contracts coming up, we gotta cut salary somewhere. And Joseph should be an odd man out. NTs are easier to find. Especially on our DL. They don't rush the passer, they get subbed out on 3rd down, their value does not warrant contract extensions in most cases.

Giantsfan1080
10-24-2012, 11:46 AM
Joseph is having a good year. He has a great bullrush. You'd like to see more pass rush out of him overall bc he's so huge and everyone else draws so much attention, but he's still developed into a very good player.

The only thing is, with so many contracts coming up, we gotta cut salary somewhere. And Joseph should be an odd man out. NTs are easier to find. Especially on our DL. They don't rush the passer, they get subbed out on 3rd down, their value does not warrant contract extensions in most cases.

Joseph plays more of the anchor on the line but even with that he still has 2 sacks on the year. He gets his. Also, I don't think many teams run up the middle on us. I don't know if you could find this anywhere but it seems that most of the rushing yards allowed on us are to the edges. Joseph plays an important role in that.

We're not going to have any DT's if we don't sign Joseph. Canty will be a cap casualty soon and Austin sucks. Bernard is too old. He's the only guy we have plus he's easily the most talented DT we've had were since Hamilton I think. I like him better than Griffin, Robbins, Alford, Hand, Cofield and the rest.

I think Phillips is the odd man out right now.

Beckum is practicing today so we'll have some interesting decisions coming up the next 2 weeks.

bigbluedefense
10-24-2012, 12:41 PM
Joseph plays more of the anchor on the line but even with that he still has 2 sacks on the year. He gets his. Also, I don't think many teams run up the middle on us. I don't know if you could find this anywhere but it seems that most of the rushing yards allowed on us are to the edges. Joseph plays an important role in that.

We're not going to have any DT's if we don't sign Joseph. Canty will be a cap casualty soon and Austin sucks. Bernard is too old. He's the only guy we have plus he's easily the most talented DT we've had were since Hamilton I think. I like him better than Griffin, Robbins, Alford, Hand, Cofield and the rest.

I think Phillips is the odd man out right now.

Beckum is practicing today so we'll have some interesting decisions coming up the next 2 weeks.

I hope we don't lose Kenny. I rather keep him than Rolle to be honest. Rolle is out of position a lot. He's great in the box, and when he blitzes and plays nickel CB, but at safety he does mess his assignment up every now and then.

Big_Pete
10-24-2012, 03:21 PM
I think we should try and keep Joseph, he is young and has plenty of upside. He is the key building block we should build our interior defensive line around. Lets face it, Bernard, Rogers and Canty are all up there age wise and Kuhn and Austin are very raw.

Continuity at positions really help.
We know the Salary cap is likely to go up in future years. We have the money currently invested in Osi we can use if need be for starters.

bucfan12
10-24-2012, 05:03 PM
Hey guys, didn't know where to post this question, so this seems like a very active thread.

As a Bucs fan, we've been having to deal with a former Coordinator in yours Bill Sheridan as our defensive playcaller. Question is: Did he do a lot of 3 man rushes when he was Def. Coordinator with the Giants? He's been consistnatly rushing 3 and using tons of twists and stunts, blitzes at the wrong time, and playing man to man coverage in every situation, (as you saw with a big lead against the Giants, he refused to play zone to take away the big play).

Was this how it was when he was in NYG as the defensive coordinator?

Sincerely,

A very frustrated Buc fan.

BaLLiN
10-24-2012, 09:06 PM
I always thought he played very simplistic coverages with predominantly cover 2 shells? The three man rushes weren't very often if ever, that started with Fewell really. He just didn't optimize what we had.

BigBlueNorwegian
10-25-2012, 08:05 AM
Hey guys, didn't know where to post this question, so this seems like a very active thread.

As a Bucs fan, we've been having to deal with a former Coordinator in yours Bill Sheridan as our defensive playcaller. Question is: Did he do a lot of 3 man rushes when he was Def. Coordinator with the Giants? He's been consistnatly rushing 3 and using tons of twists and stunts, blitzes at the wrong time, and playing man to man coverage in every situation, (as you saw with a big lead against the Giants, he refused to play zone to take away the big play).

Sincerely,

Not exactly. But we can attest to the fact that he was/is not a good defensive coordinator. I think bigbluedefense, our resident defensive mastermind said his schemes were really not that bad. But the main problem was that he didn't optimize the players and adjust to their biggest strengths. And he also seemed like a bad coach socially, and it felt like he lost the locker room halfway through the season.

I feel sorry for you guys having him as your DC. In my opinion he is not cut out for such a big role in coaching. He is more of a positions coach.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-25-2012, 10:21 AM
I bet Schiano has his hands in the defense. BS never blitzed for us from what I remember. I always said he was allergic to blitzing. I remember the Ameoba defense we ran. Haha that sucked! But I think Schiano has his hands on the defense. I would be surprised if he didn't.

bigbluedefense
10-25-2012, 12:04 PM

Sincerely,

From an X and O perspective, Sheridan wasn't all that bad. He did adjust during games. I liked the coverage shells he used on defense. I prefer lots of man coverage so I wouldn't mind that from my perspective. I wasn't a huge fan of his blitz packages, he had wide and long developing blitzes that didn't get home bc of the angles and distance of the blitz, but he did blitz for us.

He used more streamline fronts as well.

His problem as a DC was his bland personality and lack of leadership. The defense never emotionally bought in to him and his style, especially after having Spagnuolo for 2 years, so he lost the defense. They basically quit on him. His practices and practice habits weren't great either.

Giantsfan1080
10-26-2012, 12:11 PM
Bernard/Phillips Doubtful; Bradshaw questionable

NY+Giants=NYG
10-26-2012, 01:51 PM

LOL. Noooo! I would hate to see Romo in this system. That would be brutal to watch. On the other hand, I would love to see Eli in a different offense. I hope before his career is done I get to see it.

BaLLiN
10-28-2012, 03:26 PM
Redskins and Eagles both lose today, If we beat Dallas then:

NY 6-2 (2-2 Div)
Eagles 3-4 (1-0 Div)
Cowboys 3-4 (1-1 Div)
Redskins 3-5 (0-1 Div)

BaLLiN
10-28-2012, 03:27 PM
Don't you miss the days where we would bomb it on the very first play?

BigBlueNorwegian
10-28-2012, 06:57 PM
My heart. This is too much. Why oh why can't the Giants ever win easy? I hate that. And I broke my cellphone when Dez Bryant caught that ball at the end, as I prematurely threw it into the wall. Getting sick and tired of them never being able to close out games.

OSUGiants17
10-28-2012, 07:27 PM
Well fellas, we won by the size of Romo's dick today.....1 inch. God that was a gut-wrenching win. I don't know if my heart can take 1 like that ever again. This team just can't make it easy on ya. Feel like I just aged 5 years

Malaka
10-28-2012, 07:29 PM
It was embarrassing that we could not just shut them in the very first quarter. The offense did not show up today at all.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-28-2012, 07:30 PM
We have issued across the board. From defense to settling for FGs game in and game out. Tynes is our MVP this year. Leads the league in FGs. We lack the ability to end the game this year. I can't stand the FG fest 2012 we are currently in.

scottyboy
10-28-2012, 07:40 PM
Hai. I'd like a running game. A stud offensive lineman that we could run behind would be swell.

edit: but the cowboys D is GOOD. Claiborne and Carr are really good and fairly young. Ware is Ware. I've been a huge Ratliff fan for a while. Carter is going to be absurd, and Lee was out. I'm worried about them in the future.

BigBlueNorwegian
10-28-2012, 07:40 PM
We have issued across the board. From defense to settling for FGs game in and game out. Tynes is our MVP this year. Leads the league in FGs. We lack the ability to end the game this year. I can't stand the FG fest 2012 we are currently in.

I want to see Tom Coughlin for one game just say **** it and refuse to kick FGs. Tell the offense to get their **** together and get first downs and touchdowns, even if it takes four downs. It is going to bite us in the ass one of these days.

D-Unit
10-28-2012, 08:07 PM
My heart. This is too much. Why oh why can't the Giants ever win easy? I hate that. And I broke my cellphone when Dez Bryant caught that ball at the end, as I prematurely threw it into the wall. Getting sick and tired of them never being able to close out games.

Sucks even worse to be on the other side. :(

BigBlueNorwegian
10-28-2012, 08:13 PM
Sucks even worse to be on the other side. :(

Yeah, life as a Cowboys fan must be brutal. So much talent wasted. And they always seem to give you hope, and then **** on you at the very end in various incomprehensible ways. I Feel for you guys sometimes, I know a couple of Cowboys-fans personally who are just on the brink of quitting watching games at all until stuff changes.

Of course, I'll take the Giants playing like this, as long as we stay successful. But i'm probably shortening my lifespan with five years watching this every week.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-28-2012, 08:17 PM
I want to see Tom Coughlin for one game just say **** it and refuse to kick FGs. Tell the offense to get their **** together and get first downs and touchdowns, even if it takes four downs. It is going to bite us in the ass one of these days.

I thought today would be the game that it would kill us. 1/4 in the red zone. Right now like it or not, Tynes is our MVP so far! He leads the NFL in points and FGs. I knew if our running game was better than last year Eli's stats would go down. But it seems like we have that obsession with balance. In the red zone, our play calling is bush league. Stop the stupid draws and running out of 4 wide! For once.. pretend we are the Saints or Packers, and have Eli throw the damn ball! I can't can't stalling out every game!

Want to beat the Giants, let us in the red zone! We can score anywhere on the field, but let us close, and you have a chance to beat us!

bigbluedefense
10-28-2012, 08:36 PM
The problem is

1. We still haven't found that reliable 3rd WR. Randle can be that guy but the staff doesn't trust him.
2. Nicks clearly isn't healthy.
3. Andre Brown should replace Bradshaw.
4. Dallas has a damn good defense. Give them credit.

Giantsfan1080
10-28-2012, 08:39 PM
Stop being so spoiled.

bigbluedefense
10-28-2012, 08:45 PM
Oh I can only speak for myself but I could care less right now about how we won. I'm just happy we won.

I would like to see Brown get more touches though. He's a patient runner who follows his blocks.

Giantsfan1080
10-28-2012, 08:49 PM
It's everyone here not just you BBD. I know we like to just discuss everything but the negative tone for a 2 time SB champion team thats 6-2 is insane.

bigbluedefense
10-28-2012, 08:56 PM
I think it's fair to discuss our flaws as a team. I don't think any of us are upset. It's just discussion.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-28-2012, 08:58 PM
I think it's fair to discuss our flaws as a team. I don't think any of us are upset. It's just discussion.

Exactly! This was a **** show of a game. Glad we got the win but we have issues.

Giantsfan1080
10-28-2012, 08:59 PM
Every team has issues. It's the NFL.

bigbluedefense
10-28-2012, 09:03 PM
On a positive note: Stevie Brown! Where did we find this guy?

NY+Giants=NYG
10-28-2012, 09:07 PM
Every team has issues. It's the NFL.

Cool, but I don't care about every teams issues. Just ours, and we need to fix them.

Giantsfan1080
10-28-2012, 09:14 PM
Cool, but I don't care about every teams issues. Just ours, and we need to fix them.

Unless what? We go 12-4 instead of 13-3?

NY+Giants=NYG
10-28-2012, 09:17 PM
Unless what? We go 12-4 instead of 13-3?

Is that the record you're expecting?

Giantsfan1080
10-28-2012, 09:19 PM
Yes. At worst 11-5.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-28-2012, 09:22 PM
Yes. At worst 11-5.

After seeing this team thus far, I don't expect that. We need to fix the red zone issues. And I don't trust this defense at all. That needs to be fixed. One of these days, kicking FGs rather than scoring a TD will hurt us. I thought it would be today, but thank god the other team turns the ball over.

bigbluedefense
10-28-2012, 09:28 PM
I just want to make the playoffs. That's all I want. One game at a time. I'm not worried about seeding. This team is built to play anybody anywhere.

Giantsfan1080
10-28-2012, 09:29 PM
After seeing this team thus far, I don't expect that. We need to fix the red zone issues. And I don't trust this defense at all. That needs to be fixed. One of these days, kicking FGs rather than scoring a TD will hurt us. I thought it would be today, but thank god the other team turns the ball over.

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

bigbluedefense
10-28-2012, 09:39 PM
JPP had a great game. Joseph too. Canty was a big difference as well.

But Stevie Brown. What a game. He's been lights out since he got the chance to start.

BigBlueNorwegian
10-28-2012, 09:52 PM
Stop being so spoiled.

I realize my posts today may come off as being a bit spoiled, and I'm aware of the fact that I probably am spoiled by this team. But I get greedy, it's just normal fan behaviour IMO. You always want more.

I get that Browns/Chiefs/Bills fans probably look at us and think "man they are whining a lot. They should be in our shoes". And they're probably right. But the fact is we're not. We have a great team, with awesome ownership,coaching(most of the time, compared to a lot of other teams)Quarterbacking and player talent. So we've come to expect great things of them.

I expect us to be in every game, and fight for the win against any opponent barring disastrous injuries. And the only barometer for how good/bad any result and game is viewed from us fans is pre-game expectations. And ours are high, and rightly so. We've seen that this team can be the best in football when things are clicking. So that's what we want to see every sunday. Is that a realistic wish? No, but that's the great thing about being a fan of sports teams. Realism should never get in the way of your hopes and dreams for the team.

Sorry for getting all philosopical on you guys, but I got caught in a writing rant here :p probably not even a cohesive and readable post, but it's 4 AM here in Norway.

BigBlueNorwegian
10-28-2012, 09:55 PM
JPP had a great game. Joseph too. Canty was a big difference as well.

But Stevie Brown. What a game. He's been lights out since he got the chance to start.

Yeah, he's been awesome. He always finds the ball, probably a bit of it has to do with the fact that people are less scared of throwing at him then they are of throwing deep if Kenny Philips is back there. But he has definetly proved himself as a good player these last few games.

I think the Raiders drafted him BTW, and after he was cut he bounced around a few different places before signing here? Not sure though, but the important thing is that he is a Giant now, and playing well!

Rosebud
10-28-2012, 10:24 PM
NYG just likes to worry. I don't expect to repeat because that doesn't happen anymore, but we're one of the best teams in the NFL, despite our issues. Eli's a beast and as long as he's got Cruz and Nicks to throw to our offense can beat anybody, n the defensive talent is there to step up when they have to as they did tonight.

Rosebud
10-28-2012, 10:28 PM
We've seen that this team can be the best in football when things are clicking. So that's what we want to see every sunday.

No team plays great every week, that's not just not realistic but stupid to hope for. There's a limited number of games were everything's going to click, so I'd rather the team scrape by as much as they can, so that those games were everything does click come down the stretch when the games matter more. We just don't need those great performances yet, we'll need them at the end of the season and in the playoffs. So for now I'm perfectly happy to be just barely winning as long as we're winning.

scottyboy
10-28-2012, 10:35 PM
my main problem is that we don't have a running game to kill clock, have long drives and sustain 23-0 leads.

Rosebud
10-28-2012, 10:38 PM
my main problem is that we don't have a running game to kill clock, have long drives and sustain 23-0 leads.

I explained that in the main board thread. You can't be clutch in a blowout, so of course we weren't going to maintain the 23-0 lead. It's just foolish to expect Eli and Coughlin to let that happen unless it's a huge game like the 9ers game was, but we already got one of those this year.

BigBlueNorwegian
10-28-2012, 10:51 PM
No team plays great every week, that's not just not realistic but stupid to hope for. There's a limited number of games were everything's going to click, so I'd rather the team scrape by as much as they can, so that those games were everything does click come down the stretch when the games matter more. We just don't need those great performances yet, we'll need them at the end of the season and in the playoffs. So for now I'm perfectly happy to be just barely winning as long as we're winning.

I know it's not realistic to hope for, I wrote that in my original post. But you are always allowed to have high and unrealistic hopes, IMO. Having high and unrealistic expectations on the other hand, is not wise, and leads to disappointment.

And ours are high, and rightly so. We've seen that this team can be the best in football when things are clicking. So that's what we want to see every sunday. Is that a realistic wish? No, but that's the great thing about being a fan of sports teams. Realism should never get in the way of your hopes and dreams for the team.

But whatever, I'm just happy to be a Giant fan in what will probably be standing as the golden age of Giant football when we look back at it 20 years from now. I feel so lucky that I discovered this beautiful sport, and also that the Giants ended up as my favorite team :banana:

Rosebud
10-28-2012, 11:01 PM
It's not just unrealistic though. I only root for us to play great games when we have to, like the 9ers game, like the playoff run. Otherwise I root for us to just get the W. That's why I think it's so silly when I come to this thread and see NYG being all negative n you joining him in griping about non-issues.

Giantsfan1080
10-28-2012, 11:02 PM
It's not just unrealistic though. I only root for us to play great games when we have to, like the 9ers game, like the playoff run. Otherwise I root for us to just get the W. That's why I think it's so silly when I come to this thread and see NYG being all negative n you joining him in griping about non-issues.

You get me.

Rosebud
10-28-2012, 11:17 PM
You get me.

It's like they think "...because giants things" is a joke or something...anyways...Do we all see the loss at home to Pittsburgh coming before we road warrior it up in cincy?

Giantsfan1080
10-28-2012, 11:18 PM
I see a Pitt beating and then a road loss in Cincy.

Rosebud
10-28-2012, 11:22 PM

I'm not sure. We're obviously going 1-1 these next two weeks regardless of which one we win. But coming off this big win in dallas, at home, with a 2 game division lead and the steelers being a game back of the Ravens in their division, all just seems to add up to a Stillers win.

Then we can take it out on the Bengals before going into our bye to get ready for the [Fudge]Packers.

scottyboy
10-28-2012, 11:39 PM

it's absolutely this.

I mean, we SHOULD beat cincy because they're just not that good sadly because I like them. Pitt is so hit or miss. I'm really excited/intrigued for it.

Forenci
10-28-2012, 11:52 PM
Playing against AJ Green will be interesting. I'm not sure who will be able to contain him. He's far too studly. Hopefully we can just rattle Dalton and cause him to turn the ball over.

Overall this was a good game. Sure it was nerve racking, but there's no reason to be really negative. A win is a win. I will always believe that. Now do we do work on a few things? Of course. You would be silly not to want to continue to improve every week, but I don't care if it's an ugly win or not.

JPP is far too awesome. Watching him throwTryon Smith like a rag doll was hilarious.

BigBlueNorwegian
10-29-2012, 09:39 AM
I think we go 0-2 over the next games. We could win one of them, or even both, but our November collapse will commence as usual. A loss to the steelers at home, before wetting the bed against the Bengals. And then we play close with, but lose to the Packers at home. We will be set up perfectly for our normal end of the season surge at 6-5 going into december.

LonghornsLegend
10-29-2012, 09:46 AM
What a game. I ******* hate my team. I know it's gotta suck to almost blow a huge lead, but just take pride in the fact that you guys seemingly always win close games. It seems like every game we are in that is close we lose and lose in the most dramatic fashion that makes you bash your TV in.

Stevie Brown was all over the place. You guys should go far this playoffs.

scottyboy
10-29-2012, 09:57 AM
you know what I've noticed? Every QB who's been inconsistent early in their career is going to be compared to Eli. It's hilarious.

And LL, don't be to down, your defense is downright scary. I'm praying you guys don't make a run because I wouldn't want to face your D in the playoffs

Giantsfan1080
10-29-2012, 10:08 AM
Eli's been outright bad the last few games and we're still winning. I can't wait for him to step it back up again.

BigBlueNorwegian
10-29-2012, 01:21 PM
Hey guys,be careful in the hurricane! I heard it's going to hit New York pretty hard? It was all over the news in my country. Be safe!

BaLLiN
10-29-2012, 02:49 PM
Hey guys,be careful in the hurricane! I heard it's going to hit New York pretty hard? It was all over the news in my country. Be safe!

I'm expecting my town to get flooded bad, the shore is probably going to get ruined...

Regarding the game, it was all too predictable that we let them back in. I just don't get it when it comes to us versus the Cowboys. We always leave someone wide open, Romo really isn't even that accurate so I don't know why we insist on playing such soft zone, I like that we stopped the run (but I am not sure thats saying much against dallas without murray), and we need Kenny and Rolle back asap. Our safeties are our strength in the secondary, and without either of them we are very suceptible to the long pass (Coe just completely misjudged an easy pick).

On offense, we knew we'd have some problems, and Scandrick got away with a lot whereas Hosley got called for similar things. We need to take Nicks off the field if he isn't healthy, it makes no sense. They are not respecting him, why not work in Randle who made a phenomenal catch on a 10 yard out and read the ball well on that long pass to start the game. Nicks is hurting us by being on the field injured. Why can't we run David Wilson normally for god's sake? what is it with these specially designed plays and tosses?

BigBlueNorwegian
10-30-2012, 05:40 PM
Are you guys okay after the storm? And your houses/other posessions? Damn, it looks like the storm wrecked much of New Jersey and New York from the images on Norwegian TV!

Malaka
10-30-2012, 05:54 PM
Are you guys okay after the storm? And your houses/other posessions? Damn, it looks like the storm wrecked much of New Jersey and New York from the images on Norwegian TV!

Other than being stuck in NY my family and I are all fine. I was supposed to leave on Sunday but four cancelled flights later I am set to return to VA on Friday.

Extended vacation haha but damn have I fallen behind in school.

BigBlueNorwegian
10-30-2012, 07:37 PM
Other than being stuck in NY my family and I are all fine. I was supposed to leave on Sunday but four cancelled flights later I am set to return to VA on Friday.

Extended vacation haha but damn have I fallen behind in school.

Good to hear. I need you guys to be okay, or else I will be left all alone on these forums with fans of lame teams I don't care about :(

BigBlueNorwegian
10-30-2012, 08:09 PM
http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Eli.jpg Wow, looks like Eli got to experience some water up close and personal! I think he lives in Hoboken, doesn't he? That was one of the areas I heard was pretty badly affected by Sandy!

NY+Giants=NYG
10-30-2012, 08:14 PM
Damn my town got owned! And Seaside Heights and the shore got owned. The pier went and the rollar coaster and someone said ferris wheel is gone too. There is no beach due to erosion and parts of the board walk is gone. Here is a picture of near me.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/525828_10151291453588352_2027683057_n.jpg

BigBlueNorwegian
10-30-2012, 11:54 PM
Damn my town got owned! And Seaside Heights and the shore got owned. The pier went and the rollar coaster and someone said ferris wheel is gone too. There is no beach due to erosion and parts of the board walk is gone. Here is a picture of near me.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/525828_10151291453588352_2027683057_n.jpg

WTF!! That's horrible!! I feel for you man! Did your house/apartment make it without serious damage? And more importantly, are your friends and family okay? That picture looked like a warzone or something, damn!

bigbluedefense
10-31-2012, 08:25 AM
I still have no power! Everyone is safe though. No flooding in my area just hard winds pushed trees and wires down. I heard Hoboken is in shambles.

Damix
10-31-2012, 09:00 AM
Luckily storm didn't hit DC bad, though I did get two days off work!

Sister in brooklyn never lost power she said, parents on Long Island without power but not terrible.

Jughead10
10-31-2012, 09:13 AM
Not bad here in Baltimore. My parents are without power in NJ and will be for several more days. I know GF1080 is fine just without power, likely for a while as well. I would assume the same with scotty as he isn't far from where we grew up.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-31-2012, 09:54 AM
WTF!! That's horrible!! I feel for you man! Did your house/apartment make it without serious damage? And more importantly, are your friends and family okay? That picture looked like a warzone or something, damn!

Actually, usually with these things the house and stuff is saved. There was no power outage here, while the whole town lost it. And no house damage what so ever. However, after Hurricane Irene, we cut all the trees near the house down, so we had no issues with fallen trees. The neighborhood took a beating though with fallen trees from people who have lots of trees.

That imagine was Seaside Heights where the TV show Jersey Shore is taped. That's 15 minutes by car from my house. And that side is as the picture shows. It's really messed up.

http://o1.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/resize/600x450/http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/b1cd9ba6922119427cb252cb66512d7a

That was a rollar coaster ride which is now gone. Here is another one.

http://a.abcnews.go.com/images/US/abc_seaside_heights_roller_coasters_sandy_ss_thg_1 21030_ssh.jpg

Giantsfan1080
10-31-2012, 10:49 AM
Hey just checking in also. Everything is fine but like most of us I have no power for awhile and trees down all over the place. I came into work today so that's why I'm able to post.

Witten4HOF
10-31-2012, 03:25 PM
Hope everyone made it through ok. I work for the state and can get numbers for any of the counties office of emergency managements numbers or FEMA if you need it. Just send me a PM with wht you need and I'll do my best to get back with people.

BaLLiN
10-31-2012, 03:30 PM
Wow, rewatching the game it is pretty obvious that every play of Dallas's last drive was started about 1/1.5 seconds after the snap on the clock. Dallas had about 10-11 extra seconds added to the game just based off of the clock starting late.

And that spot on Bradshaw's last run was atrocious.

Edit: and yeah my town is flooded as hell from what I hear, I'm in PA for college so I don't really know the extent.

Witten4HOF
10-31-2012, 03:33 PM
Other then the barrier islands I know Hoboken and Jersey City had serious flooding and Moonaki/ Teterboro are completely under water. We had State Police doing emergency evacuations on boats.

BigBlueNorwegian
10-31-2012, 04:17 PM
Good to hear that all you guys are ok!!

D-Unit
10-31-2012, 04:24 PM

I don't even know what I'd do. Football is totally meaningless when you think about it. Happy to hear you and the other Giants fans are safe and hanging in there. Though I know the recovery will be rough. That is devastation over there. Dang. Looks like a meteor hit the town. What is that black hole on the bottom from?

NY+Giants=NYG
10-31-2012, 06:29 PM
I think those are the rectangular house foundations that are still there. I could be mistaken but that could be the house foundation that basically still is there but everything else is gone. They are showing pics of the area on CNN and news people are in my town and 10 minutes away in Seaside Heights.

But NJ took a beating like none other. Hopefully, they can rebuild the boardwalk, but the beach is basically gone. Erosion really killed the beach which is very popular here in the summer.

Forenci
10-31-2012, 06:35 PM
Yes, be safe guys! My family in Connecticut is still without power and we live along the shore but fortunately we didn't take the brunt of the storm.

scottyboy
11-01-2012, 01:57 PM
checking in, i'm alive. not much to fill in on what's been said, had no power (still don't at home, came up to school where we have it). It's insane down here. hope everyone's safe and sound

Giantsfan1080
11-01-2012, 02:23 PM
I think that's all of us but OSU?

bigbluedefense
11-01-2012, 02:41 PM
Yeah everyone please check in. Want to know everyone is ok.

Jughead10
11-01-2012, 02:47 PM
I think that's all of us but OSU?

Are you going to the game Sunday?

OSUGiants17
11-02-2012, 12:44 AM
Im fine guys, Im at school and it wasn't bad here. High winds but didnt lose power. Back home though trees down all over and just got power back yesterday, family is safe though. Hope all of you guys are ok too

Giantsfan1080
11-02-2012, 08:02 AM
Are you going to the game Sunday?

Yes we'll be there. It'll be a good distraction.

BigBlueNorwegian
11-02-2012, 09:04 AM
Why oh why is Diehl getting his starting job back!? The line has looked much better without him. I do like the fact that the team seems determined to give a great effort sunday to give the people struggling from the aftermath of Sandy something else to think about though.

Hopefully they can give the giants fans affected by the hurricane something to cheer for, and take their minds of the hurricane for a couple of hours.

Damix
11-02-2012, 10:29 AM
If Diehl has been playing better then Locklear in practice I have no problem with giving him his job back. My issue is the team is saying Diehl is getting it because he can't lose his job because of injury which I think is the dumbest thing ever.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Yeah this is one rule I think Old man Coughlin is not right in. Same with Brown, he goes back to the bench, while Kenny P. steps in. I can't stand that rule! If a guy is on a hot streak and making impact plays like Brown is, then play him!! He is doing what I envisoned Kenny P would do in his career. Let Brown play and see what he can do. We may not re-sign KP, so let's see what Brown can do. If anything, he has EARNED his playing time. Taking it away right now is BS!

Giantsfan1080
11-02-2012, 11:58 AM
Brown is starting over Kenny P I thought I read.

Giantsfan1080
11-02-2012, 02:12 PM
NEW YORK GIANTS

Out
LB Chase Blackburn (Hamstring - DNP)
LB Jacquian Williams (Knee - DNP)

Doubtful
LB Keith Rivers (Calf - LP)

Questionable
RB Ahmad Bradshaw (Foot - DNP)
TE Bear Pascoe (Ankle - LP)
S Kenny Phillips (Knee - LP)

Probable
C David Baas (Ankle/Elbow)
DT Rocky Bernard (Quadriceps - FP)
WR Victor Cruz (Calf - FP)
S Antrel Rolle (Concussion - FP)

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Out
T Marcus Gilbert (Ankle - DNP)
S Troy Polamalu (Calf - DNP)
LB Stevenson Sylvester (Hamstring - DNP)

Doubtful
RB Jonathan Dwyer (Quadriceps - DNP)
RB Rashard Mendenhall (Achilles - DNP)

Probable
RB Baron Batch (Shin - FP)
S Ryan Clark (Concussion - FP)
LB Brandon Johnson (Hamstring - FP)
RB Isaac Redman (Ankle - FP)
LB LaMarr Woodley (Hamstring - FP)

Forenci
11-02-2012, 02:13 PM
Phillips is a superior player to Brown though.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Phillips is a superior player to Brown though.

Maybe, but Brown is on fire and making impact plays. He is basically causing what we call "quick change". That's when opposing offense is driving and one turnover, and we have the ball. That's priceless and falls into the Perry Fewell philosophy of causing turnovers. The way Brown is playing is how I imagined Philips career to unfold. I thought KP would be picking balls off, getting fumbles, and causing big time hits. I'd right now, without a doubt, be playing Brown.

Also, we may not re-sign KP. So let's see what Brown can do. If he plays this well on a consistent basis, then we may have found a safety that can be feared for us.

scottyboy
11-02-2012, 02:43 PM
idk, stevie brown's been the most opportunistic player ever. All the turnovers were like thrown to him. The one SUPER nice play he had was jumping the Dez route. probs on that. But has his coverage really been good enough? Eh

Jughead10
11-02-2012, 03:00 PM
I fully expect Kenny to get his job back. But while Stevie is playing like this, why push his limits? I'd rather ease him back in for a few plays against Cinci, and then he'd have 2 weeks after before his next game action. Make sure he's 100% for the home stretch.

bigbluedefense
11-02-2012, 04:37 PM
How about we go back to the 3 safety set and let Rolle play nickel CB?

I think that helps bc Hosely is still growing in his role, and Rolle provides more reliable coverage.

And let's be honest, KP is better than Brown. 3 INTS are 3 plays in 50. You don't see all the other plays back there that don't show up on the stat sheet, or all the completions that are given up that may not have happened if KP was back there.

KP is an upgrade.

BaLLiN
11-03-2012, 03:20 PM
Beckum was activated to the 53 man roster, Petrus was waived. Pascoe might not play because of his ankle, but we were running a lot of 2 TE sets. Beckum looked good in the playoffs, i know he was a turd mostly, but he made some nick plays especially against GB and SF.

BigBlueNorwegian
11-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Yeah, so that sucked. A couple of conclusions/overreactions:

-Herzlich is even worse than Blackburn. We need Chase to come back, and then we need a new MLB in the draft.

-Eli is in a horrible funk, at least for his standards. Something seems off. He needs to get back to normal standards, or else we are in trouble.

-Nicks is clearly not healthy.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-04-2012, 08:05 PM
We need a shake up on offense. And no ELi is not in a funk. Look closely! Our routes are getting route read very well. It seems there is a blue print on how to play us After 2 SBs I wonder if these sight adjustments are exposed.

We went from high flying offense to mark sanchez numbers. 192 and 125 passing yards for a HOF QB? What the F!!!!! That BS!

Something is off and you are right! Our system is exposed! Every route is either. Ready?

Curl, Hitch, Come back, Dig or Out. And every Fing route is contested by a CB in the WR's pocket. No separation what so ever! We have an issue, a big issue. And to top of off our red zone play calling treats Eli like some 2nd rate play calling! That 2nd down run was BS! If the game was let's keep the ball out of Eli's hands until we need to we'd be masters of it.

125 yards and No Tds for a HOF QB is Bull! 2 straight games with garbage numbers and the offense looking like it never played football before!

I been saying since day one, this system is boom or bust, and put Eli in a different system and good things happen. This is the BUST part of the system!

I am beyond livid right now! Being an offensive coach, this is BS! Unacceptable! If I was with TC and Gilbride in a room I'd head to grease board and load up game tape and ask them WTF is this about! I know what needs to be asked.

Rosebud
11-04-2012, 11:31 PM
Eli's in a funk...yet we're 2-1 with a very close loss to a Steelers team that could very well make it out of a weak AFC. Eli hasn't been relied upon like he was last year so he hasn't been as great. With our big lead in the division and the Stillers needing to keep pace I thought we'd lose this one. Expect a big game against Cincy before the bye and hopefully the team still feels underfire after then.

bigbluedefense
11-05-2012, 09:40 AM
Well that sucked.

I'll try to keep it short. We got our ass kicked. That's pretty much it.

On defense we need linebackers in the worst way, and Perry Fewell's Cover 2 just doesn't fit the defense's skill set at all.

On offense, Nicks is a decoy, Cruz is getting doubled, and we don't have that 3rd WR emerge to do any damage, and that's why Eli is struggling. He's also been inaccurate.

So we have problems. Problems without easy solutions bc it's a talent issue. Our LBs suck, let's be honest. Can't stop the run and they're not great tacklers. In a Cover 2 defense, if you don't have good LBs, you're dead in the water. We don't have good LBs. We need Williams to get back on teh field asap. I love Boley, but he's strictly a coverage LB. He can't stop the run to save his life. Can't shed a block.

We need to overhaul the LB core.

I'll attribute this loss to 2 factors: Our typical November swoon, and we just got our ass kicked. That's pretty much it.

Offensively, Eli has been in a funk bc no one is getting open. They're all over Cruz, Nicks is a decoy, Randle/Barden/Hixon, those guys aren't providing consistent production from the 3rd WR spot, and Diehl was awful at RT. All the pressure came from Diehl's side.

But guys just aren't getting open. And that's a problem.

I think we'll eventually figure it all out, but I do expect some growing pains. So hold tight. Bc here it comes.

Hopefully these guys can step up by the end of the season. But right now we have guys who just aren't performing well. It's not a scheme thing, guys just aren't playing well.

Jughead10
11-05-2012, 09:54 AM
Is Cinci a must win with the Packers after the bye? I think so.

bigbluedefense
11-05-2012, 09:58 AM
I think so as well.

Gotta get to 10 wins. Still very doable. Dallas losing last night helps. We need Philly to lose tonight.

If both of them lose, and go 3-5, then they play next week. That game will basically wipe one of them out of the hunt bc one of them will fall to 3-6 and would basically have to go undefeated for the rest of the season to win the division, which isn't happening for either team.

So if Philly loses tonight, that pretty much guarantees that 1 of the 2 will get knocked out of playoff contention the following week.

So Philly vs NO is a HUGE game. I'm gonna be the biggest Saints fan tonight.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-05-2012, 09:59 AM
I am so mad right now! Stupid system looks to be exposed! Not sure when who or provided how to play us, but good god, I never seen teams route read flawlessly against us on a consistent basis. Nicks is utterly useless! Cruz is a one man show and the 3rd spot is a joke of mix of Hixon and R.R.

I understand the theory of our choice and option routes but I am just about done with it! Change this BS! 125 yards passing and 0 Tds is a Fing joke! So now all these defenses are all world in a passing era?! In the red zone, that run for negative yards cost us, and we follow it up with a dopey fade to R.R. who is proving to be useless too!

They better come up with a solution fast! I don't trust this defense or Perry F. but now if the power goes out on the offense, this team is dead. There is simply no other way to put it. The defense sticks and can't protect a lead. Quinn got owned last night, and our offense is Jets like. Brutal performance!

bigbluedefense
11-05-2012, 10:01 AM
The system is fine. Nicks is hurt, Randle doesn't understand the system, Hixon is kind of washed up, and Barden is always hurt.

We have 1 WR worth a damn right now, and he's getting swarmed by defenders.

Our run game sucks and can't take any pressure off the pass game, our OL is mediocre as well. And Eli hasn't been entirely accurate.

They just have to step up. That's all.

Damix
11-05-2012, 10:03 AM
Really need to go back to Locklear I think.

Jughead10
11-05-2012, 10:07 AM
Really need to go back to Locklear I think.

Diehl had a rough second half. Could be rust? Neither are great options.

We also had 80 plus yards of PI called so that does skew the passing yards down a bit. Hixon just needs to be the 3rd WR. I'm surprised how much Randle see the field.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-05-2012, 10:11 AM
The system is fine. Nicks is hurt, Randle doesn't understand the system, Hixon is kind of washed up, and Barden is always hurt.

We have 1 WR worth a damn right now, and he's getting swarmed by defenders.

Our run game sucks and can't take any pressure off the pass game, our OL is mediocre as well. And Eli hasn't been entirely accurate.

They just have to step up. That's all.

Nope, Not even close man.

Here is what Bob papa said which was posted on BBI which I just saw. He articulates is different than I, but the theory is the same.

Today on the NFL Radio Papa, "The Giants offense has gone stale, seems teams have figured them out, they need to make adjustments." Ross Tucker in the same conversation referenced Nicks who said, "Teams are scheming us differently and taking away some of the things we like to do."

Rosebud
11-05-2012, 10:15 AM
Nah, Eli just hasn't been sharp, Nicks is running in ankle weights and Cruz is the only reliable option. That's not because the scheme has been exposed but because of injuries, inexperience and Eli's just not playing well. That's the type of thing this team does when they're not underpressure, and with a two game lead in the division and a lot of time in the lead during these games we haven't had that pressure that makes the team step up.

BigBlueNorwegian
11-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Diehl had a rough second half. Could be rust? Neither are great options.

We also had 80 plus yards of PI called so that does skew the passing yards down a bit. Hixon just needs to be the 3rd WR. I'm surprised how much Randle see the field.

He's probably seeing the field because we know what we have in Hixon, and he just ain't cutting it. Against good defenses he just doesn't get open. I am just hoping we eek out a win against the Bengals, and get some much needed rest. And the coaches get a week to figure out what teams are doing to us defensively, and change things up a bit.

On our defense, I agree with what BBD said. It's not so much the scheme, it's a talent problem. We need guys to step up like they did last season. They got their **** together just in time last year, and we need to have the same happen this year.

If that happens, we have a good chance to contend in the playoffs. If not, we won't go very far this year. I still think we win the NFC East because the other teams in our division are in much bigger trouble than us. But we need to get it going ourselves so we don't give some other team the opportunity of getting hot and overtaking us.

EDIT: Oh, and I was livid with Diehl getting the start even before the game. He is not a better option than Locklear. He needs to ride the pine and play jumbo O-line packages only.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-05-2012, 10:20 AM
Nah, Eli just hasn't been sharp, Nicks is running in ankle weights and Cruz is the only reliable option. That's not because the scheme has been exposed but because of injuries, inexperience and Eli's just not playing well. That's the type of thing this team does when they're not underpressure, and with a two game lead in the division and a lot of time in the lead during these games we haven't had that pressure that makes the team step up.

I disagree, I think it's a mixture of everything. Just pay attention to the routes we are running and where in relation to the WR is the CB. Every route has a defender in the hip pocket of our WR. There is no separation what so ever. They are doing a sick job team after team of route reading. On top of that is the injury and lack of production frmo the 3rd WR spot.

Rosebud
11-05-2012, 11:24 AM
I disagree, I think it's a mixture of everything. Just pay attention to the routes we are running and where in relation to the WR is the CB. Every route has a defender in the hip pocket of our WR. There is no separation what so ever. They are doing a sick job team after team of route reading. On top of that is the injury and lack of production frmo the 3rd WR spot.

Our receivers not separating hints more to the extra attention Cruz is getting, Nicks still being hurt, Randle still being confused and both Bennett and Barden being plodding. Hixon's getting some separation, Cruz still gets open despite the extra attention, sometimes, and Eli's just missing em. I really think the team's just coasting because of the huge division lead and injuries. Let em heal up and the games to get more important and I'm confident the offense will be a lot more sharp. I'm expecting a great performance in three weeks when we take on Green Bay.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-05-2012, 11:34 AM
How about Cincy?

Rosebud
11-05-2012, 06:05 PM
Barely scraping by for the win.

Forenci
11-05-2012, 10:22 PM
Well, the Eagles are going to lose. Honestly, with the way the division is shaping up I feel it'd be pretty damn hard for us not to win it.

Damix
11-06-2012, 09:10 AM
This is a big game for us, keeping the 2 game lead + having at least 1 team drop to 3 back would definitely be huge.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-06-2012, 09:30 AM
We had a chance to extent that lead. Damn 20-10 lead, and I wish we could have made it 24-10. I felt things changed after we settled for a damn FG.

scottyboy
11-06-2012, 09:37 AM
Settling for fgs has been our mo. It's killing us

Rosebud
11-06-2012, 10:17 AM
Settling for fgs has been our mo. It's killing us

We're 6-3 with the next best teams in our division being 3-5. Nothing is killing us.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-06-2012, 10:37 AM
We're 6-3 with the next best teams in our division being 3-5. Nothing is killing us.

We had a chance to push that lead. We had a 20-10 lead, and then power went off on all 3 phases. That killed us. Kicking FGs is hurting us. Ben didn't settle for those often in the red zone. Romo scored when they got in the red zone.

We have to put away teams when they are on the ropes. It's like we are one hay maker short of knocking them out and we whiff. It's very frustrating to see. We have to beat Cincy!

Rosebud
11-06-2012, 10:50 AM
Why? Why do we have to put teams away now? The playoffs are still a long way away but we're in a great position to qualify for them. So why does the sky have to be falling?

NY+Giants=NYG
11-06-2012, 10:52 AM
Why? Why do we have to put teams away now? The playoffs are still a long way away but we're in a great position to qualify for them. So why does the sky have to be falling?

Ok, let them hang around. I like having a big lead and watching teams come back and take the lead. If we are getting an ass kicking that would be one thing. We have the lead on these teams. Finish! Capitalize when we have chances to go for the kill.

Giantsfan1080
11-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Not that mad at this game. Once everyone is back and healthy the offense will be back to normal. Eli has been playing pretty bad lately but of course he'll get it together. No worries at all.

scottyboy
11-06-2012, 10:53 AM

As I submitted that I knew it was poor phrasing. It killed us in our 3 losses and has been a struggle all year. It hasn't killed us, but can be an extremely large issue down the road. As a team and standings wise, we're in fine shape and I hope health with nicks and the d will improve down the line and Elis funk will end, but if the red zone struggles continue, it could be a major issue

NY+Giants=NYG
11-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Not that mad at this game. Once everyone is back and healthy the offense will be back to normal. Eli has been playing pretty bad lately but of course he'll get it together. No worries at all.

Not just Eli. He is making some throws that are off. But he has no where to go with the ball. We stopped running screens, no dump offs, and no one can get open on a 5 and 7 step drop. Cruz is the only WR we are using. Nicks is useless and no one else is stepping up. Add a failure to score in the red zone, and it's not all on Eli. Not that you said it was. But looking at the articles and the titles one would guess Eli is the main cause which is BS by the media!

Forenci
11-06-2012, 11:00 AM
One thing that didn't really get brought up is Tynes. We all love him but his inability to make a FG beyond 50 really scares me. We're really out of luck if we need a big, game winning FG and it happens to fall beyond the 50 yard mark.

Part of that is on Coughlin too. Beyond a 50 yard field goal he needs to punt it or go for it, in my opinion.

It's tough because inside 50, there might not be a better kicker in the NFL right now.

Giantsfan1080
11-06-2012, 11:04 AM
I don't think it's all on Eli but he certainly hasn't been himself. I don't think it's anything to be majorly concerned about at this time though.

Giantsfan1080
11-06-2012, 11:06 AM
One thing that didn't really get brought up is Tynes. We all love him but his inability to make a FG beyond 50 really scares me. We're really out of luck if we need a big, game winning FG and it happens to fall beyond the 50 yard mark.

Part of that is on Coughlin too. Beyond a 50 yard field goal he needs to punt it or go for it, in my opinion.

It's tough because inside 50, there might not be a better kicker in the NFL right now.

Coughlin is at fault here. Tynes is money within the 50 but the stubbornness to keep throwing Tynes out there is frustrating. I think that was the biggest momentum change in the game.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-06-2012, 11:10 AM
It depends on what info the special teams coach is giving him via the head set. During pre game, the ST coach or ST assistant documents Tynes in pre game. And you see the distances and hash location. Then during the game you use that data and tell Coughlin.

For example, if Tynes made it on 3 hashes, left, middle and right, from 50 +, then when the call is about to be made. Quinn could say, hey made it pre game so we are a go coach. Or if he missed all 3, you scream no coach, he missed it from that distance.

I say that because pre game, I helped with that and scouting opposing kickers and long snappers. You have a stop watch and document the time from snap to kick. So this way you let the ST coach know so he can see the mechanics of it so that you can decide mid game the best play.

So it might not be on Coughlin if he is getting certain information.

bigbluedefense
11-06-2012, 02:12 PM
Philly losing last night was huge. Now Dallas is 3-5, and Philly is 3-5 and they play each other this week. Which means one of them will be 3-6 and will have to go basically 6-1 at worst the rest of the way to make the playoffs which realistically isn't happening.

Which means the hunt for the playoffs comes down to 2 teams for the rest of the way.

I think Philly is done. I never ever count out the Eagles and Andy Reid, but this year just feels different. This year feels like it's finally time Andy Reid's reign of terror is over. And quite honestly, his team isn't good enough to bounce back.

We have to win the rest of our division games. 2 more division games. Must wins. And then we gotta find 2 more wins in the rest of the schedule.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-06-2012, 02:23 PM
I agree! So let's say Dallas loses. They are done. Eagles you think could be done, never rule them out, however, it feels different. I agree! The pressure to save reid's job may be too much. I think this is the swan song before he gets fired. So that leaves who? Bob and us? Do you think they have a chance to claw back or are they done too?

bigbluedefense
11-06-2012, 02:32 PM
No the Redskins have no chance in hell of competing for the division. Shanahan already said they're mailing it in for the rest of the season to evaluate players.

I think the division is btw us and Dallas.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-06-2012, 02:36 PM
I think Dallas is done. I don't see them coming back. They have no leaders on that team to rally the team.

bigbluedefense
11-06-2012, 02:46 PM
They're a better team than Philly right now. I typically judge teams based off their quarterback. Romo is a lot better than Vick.

If you have a bad qb, you better hope the rest of your team is so good that it masks that guy (49ers). If not, you're not worth **** in my eyes as a team.

Philly has a bad quarterback. And they're not talented enough elsewhere to make up for it.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-06-2012, 02:48 PM
Then it makes sense you picked Dallas. I am more worried about our team specifically the offense. We can't have that power shut off so to speak. I don't trust the defense, so if the offense decides to take some time off, then I don't like our chances.

D-Unit
11-06-2012, 06:09 PM
Then it makes sense you picked Dallas. I am more worried about our team specifically the offense. We can't have that power shut off so to speak. I don't trust the defense, so if the offense decides to take some time off, then I don't like our chances.
Watch out for Dallas.

scottyboy
11-06-2012, 07:19 PM
Dallas has a ridiculous defense, enough to keep them in it and every game. But who ever loses the game between Dallas and Philly next week is all but done. Over-coming 3-6 is near impossible.

bigbluedefense
11-07-2012, 08:12 AM
I expect Dallas to beat Philly. I think Philly is done.

Giantsfan1080
11-07-2012, 08:44 AM
Balls in our court so I'm not concerned with that game. 7-3 going into the bye will be excellent and it'll set up nicely for what we want to accomplish.

Rosebud
11-07-2012, 10:14 AM
Honestly, even 6-4 heading into our bye off back to back losses is a good spot for this team. We play better under fire and I'm much more worried about the team clinching too early than somebody passing us.

The defense has shown it can step up and boss even teams with excellent OLs and running games like the 9ers, Eli has nothing left to prove, the OL is better than last year and the running game isn't terrible. I don't expect us to repeat, but it's certainly possible and we're in solid shape to pull it off.

Giantsfan1080
11-07-2012, 11:15 AM
I'd rather be 7-3 than 6-4 but yeah I agree with you about everything else.

Giantsfan1080
11-07-2012, 11:28 AM
Lots of guys hurt. Phillips already ruled out for Sunday and Nicks had a setback with his knee so I'm going to go ahead and assume he's a no go in Cincy also.

Rosebud
11-07-2012, 11:36 AM
Honestly, I was hoping they'd hold Nicks out of this game, while I'd like to be 7-3 over 6-4 to, it's not a big deal for me and in fact the extra fire with which we'd come out of the bye might level it for me, but getting Nicks two full weeks to heal up before GB is huge. I'm expecting him to have a great impact on that game now. Same for Kenny, we miss him back there but Rolle and Stevie are doing a fine job holding the fort, let him get some prolonged recovery in for that stretch run so that Perry Fewell can out think himself with all of the things he could then do with Rolle and Stevie, knowing he has Kenny, back at full force, to clean up everyone's mistakes

Giantsfan1080
11-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Coe is out. Everyone else questionable or probable.

bigbluedefense
11-09-2012, 12:35 PM
They need to rest Nicks. We're playing 10 on 11 on offense when he's out there.

Giantsfan1080
11-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Coaches don't seem to think so. He does still draw coverage away. I'd like to see the D play like they did in SF again going into the bye.

bigbluedefense
11-09-2012, 01:05 PM
His burst is clearly not there right now.

Giantsfan1080
11-09-2012, 01:09 PM
His burst is clearly not there right now.

I don't disagree but our coaches and medical staff are usually very cautious with injuries so if he's out there then he's healthy enough to play.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-10-2012, 05:43 PM
Our offense stinks right now. In theory, resting Nicks sound good, but the offense can't handle that with the teams we play coming up. They will bracket Cruz and I have no hope the other knuckleheads can be consistently productive.

Gilbride said there will be some changes which I think is the hurry up offense. I am very excited to see what changes he is talking about. I will have this game recorded as well.

BaLLiN
11-10-2012, 09:15 PM
So we put Coe on IR and activated Will Hill, the way that Coe played that ball to Dez I am not surprised.

Rosebud
11-11-2012, 09:17 AM
Our offense stinks right now. In theory, resting Nicks sound good, but the offense can't handle that with the teams we play coming up. They will bracket Cruz and I have no hope the other knuckleheads can be consistently productive.

Gilbride said there will be some changes which I think is the hurry up offense. I am very excited to see what changes he is talking about. I will have this game recorded as well.

Cincy's secondary is absolute crap, we could've absolutely gotten away with resting Nicks for two whole weeks.

bigbluedefense
11-11-2012, 09:34 AM
Starting Nicks isn't the right call. He's clearly not healthy. We're playing 10 on 11 right now, I rather give Randle or Barden some snaps instead.

A decoy doesn't do us any favors.

Giantsfan1080
11-11-2012, 09:41 AM
Nicks was open deep last week on a few plays and Eli didn't hit him. He's still good enough to be out there.

bigbluedefense
11-11-2012, 09:54 AM
I'm gonna focus on Diehl today. Or at least try to. I want to see if last week was just rust, or if he's just washed up. Diehl is one of my favorite Giants. I really hope this isn't the end of the road for him.

This might be his last year with the team though. Unless we see a sudden turnaround.

I really want to see that 3rd WR threat emerge. We need it to emerge. Or else our offense will continue to sputter.

Giantsfan1080
11-11-2012, 09:54 AM
Coe to IR for Will Hill.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-11-2012, 09:58 AM
Cincy's secondary is absolute crap, we could've absolutely gotten away with resting Nicks for two whole weeks.

Right now so is our offense. One gimp, One great WR, and other part timers who may make a play no and then. Plus with our luck, their secondary may suck, so we probably use this week to run the ball.

bigbluedefense
11-11-2012, 10:00 AM
I want Andre Brown to see more action. I know it won't happen bc we're loyal to Bradshaw, but Brown is clearly the better Back right now.

Sometimes our loyalty to veterans really does hurt us. I understand it though. You have to maintain respect in the lockerroom.

Giantsfan1080
11-11-2012, 01:41 PM
Diehl is just horrible now. It's a shame but he needs to get pined.

Damix
11-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Played completely flat, out played in every aspect of the game. I hate November. Don't even want to watch the 4th quarter

Malaka
11-11-2012, 02:09 PM
Ugh this offense has hit a wall. Gilbride's time better be running out. A franchise, 2 time superbowl winning QB should not have 12 TDs and 11 INTs.

Giantsfan1080
11-11-2012, 02:10 PM
I can't believe we do this every year. I don't get it.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Like I said and always been saying. Our offense is exposed. The blueprint is out. This is plain bad. This is the Jets offense all of a sudden.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-11-2012, 02:16 PM
I've never seen a future HOF in a system where this happened. To be fair today, it's Eli, but this system has crashed. System crashed! 3 straight games without a TD?

At least MVP Tynes is playing lights out.

Giantsfan1080
11-11-2012, 02:23 PM
Our offense has been the same for the last 5 years. It's not all of a sudden that teams have a blueprint. It's just everyone playing like crap.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Our offense has been the same for the last 5 years. It's not all of a sudden that teams have a blueprint. It's just everyone playing like crap.

Right.. I disagree.

OSUGiants17
11-11-2012, 02:24 PM
We got 2 weeks to fix this ****. Perry and Gilbride better get a talkin to and change things up cause if we play anything like we have the past 3 weeks against GB we are beyond ******

LTgiants
11-11-2012, 02:28 PM
v4jGSvxCRp4

NY+Giants=NYG
11-11-2012, 02:28 PM
Thank god we have BYE week next week.

Giantsfan1080
11-11-2012, 02:39 PM
This is like the Saints game from last year.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-11-2012, 02:40 PM
This is like the Saints game from last year.

We get killed by them so often they seem to all run together as one big game.

Giantsfan1080
11-11-2012, 02:48 PM
We get killed by them so often they seem to all run together as one big game.

Haha agreed. One long beating.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-11-2012, 02:58 PM
0 TDs yet again! I never in all my days seen a HOF QB go 3 games TD less! LOL. It truly is amazing!

Giantsfan1080
11-11-2012, 03:12 PM
0 TDs yet again! I never in all my days seen a HOF QB go 3 games TD less! LOL. It truly is amazing!

It is ridiculous. I'm a little more concerned that Coughlin called the D soft and they came out and played crappy early.

Rosebud
11-11-2012, 03:14 PM
I love November panics.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-11-2012, 03:18 PM
It is ridiculous. I'm a little more concerned that Coughlin called the D soft and they came out and played crappy early.

LOL. It's Perry Fewell's most favorite play! We run it a lot. Miles austin in the lights, and then Dez Bryant wide open. It's right up there with the 3 man rush.

But I have zero faith with the defense, but this offensive system is quickly losing my faith. I respected it and Gilbride but I can tell you it's going down.

3 games 0 TDs. See if Brees, Peyton, AR, and Ben have that happen to them. Or matt ryan this season.

I have NEVER seen that happen to a HOF, 2 time SB MVP. NEVER! 3 f'ing games zero tds. We could have threw the ball at the goal line more, and we went to the run and i said then. Poor Eli, scoreless yet again.

Giantsfan1080
11-11-2012, 03:22 PM
I love November panics.

I don't really see anyone panicking here. I know I'm not. NYG is right though that it's insane Eli could go 3 games without a TD.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-11-2012, 03:31 PM
Let's put it this way: Do you think Brees, Peyton, AR, Big Ben, and Matt Ryan would go 3 F'ing games without a TD?

Swoon, no swoon, do you think their teams would let that happen? Even if the overall team is going to lose the game, do you think that team would let them go 3 games without a TD?

That's BS that we let that happen! I have never seen that ever in football where a future HOF QB, 2 time SB MVP QB goes 3 games without a TD.

And the misleading fact is we ARE in the red zone every game! EVERY DAMN GAME! We could have let Eli throw it more than one just now, but Brown took it in. It's BS!

I mean seriously, 3 games!

BigBlueNorwegian
11-11-2012, 03:40 PM
That's the worst I've seen the Giants ever play in my days as a fan. Just terrible football all around. I don't want to panic, because I should know better, but I am in a light state of panic now. This just doesn't look like a good football team. Right now.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-11-2012, 03:46 PM
This was like the Panther game in reverse where we were the team getting owned.

Giantsfan1080
11-11-2012, 04:03 PM
I'm not even close to panicking. We do this all the time and we still have the lead in the division.

Giantsfan1080
11-11-2012, 04:03 PM
That's the worst I've seen the Giants ever play in my days as a fan. Just terrible football all around. I don't want to panic, because I should know better, but I am in a light state of panic now. This just doesn't look like a good football team. Right now.

It's up there but I've seen plenty worse the last 5 years. Saints game last year, the Sheridan era, and others. We'll get it going again.

Canadian_draft_fan
11-11-2012, 04:06 PM

You must have a short memory. They got thumped last year by the Rex gross man Skins at home. To lose to that team is pathetic. I don't understand how the Giants suck every November. They always seem to recover in December so I wouldn't be too worried if I were you guys.

Giantsfan1080
11-11-2012, 04:09 PM
Also there's no coincidence this offense has been much worse since Diehl has been back. He's in Wayne Hunter territory right now. He needs to go to the bench immediately.

Giantsfan1080
11-11-2012, 04:10 PM
You must have a short memory. They got thumped last year by the Rex gross man Skins at home. To lose to that team is pathetic. I don't understand how the Giants suck every November. They always seem to recover in December so I wouldn't be too worried if I were you guys.

If we don't lose that game we don't win the SB. That loss got us going so I'm almost thankful it happened.

BigBlueNorwegian
11-11-2012, 04:19 PM

That was also a horrible game, yes. But to me, this was worse in the way they played. We had lost this game from the first snap.

Giantsfan1080
11-11-2012, 04:24 PM
NYG,

How is it possible in a complex option route system that opposing D's have figured us out? The point of our offense is teams can't figures us out because it's always changing out there depending on what the D plays against us. I know you think it's the system now but can you explain as to why you think that's even possible?

NY+Giants=NYG
11-11-2012, 04:51 PM
NYG,

How is it possible in a complex option route system that opposing D's have figured us out? The point of our offense is teams can't figures us out because it's always changing out there depending on what the D plays against us. I know you think it's the system now but can you explain as to why you think that's even possible?

How is it possible? Just watch the routes we run and where the defenders are in relation to our WRs/TE. They know what's going to run. I suspected that we have been running the same thing and all it takes is 1 team to show something on tape.

You see it with your two eyes now. I don't know what else to tell you. I have seen 1 game like this. Like the T-giving, Denver game, but I never seen 3 game stretch this poorly played which leads me to believe this. Prior, I said this system was a BOOM or BUST system. When it's on we can are amazing, and when off it's beyond bad. As if this team, never played football before.

I think we can break down the routes associated with this system based on the techniques and coverages we play. In theory, it's not supposed to happen. But it is, and we are:

1. Not getting separation
2. No intermediate routes. It's either check down or go deep. We are running 5 snd 7 step concept passing game and still NO ONE is getting open. That's not a good sign! Eli has all day at times and still can't find anyone so has to fit it in there.

3. Factor in Nicks hurt, Cruz getting bracketed and no consistent performances from Hixon, MB or R.R. and you have it even worse.

4. Then.. factor in our OL having issues this game and it's a complete perfect storm.

That's what you have been seeing now. We found how the Browns played the Pats in 2007, and used that blue print to game plan vs the Pats. That article has been printed and online.

Teams have found something on us and figured out something. That to me is obvious. It's not even a middle ground where we can say, hey we tried, but lost. They simply beat us. It's a suffocating performance!

The routes we tend to run are:

Curls, come backs, Digs, outs, Square ins, hitches, and back shoulder stuff. All that is getting figured out, and watch every throw and route. I called it in the game day thread on BBI. The window is so small to complete the pass.

Compare it to the offense the Bengals ran or the Pittsburgh offense. It's quite different.

Giantsfan1080
11-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Thanks NYG very good post. I still think it's just a terrible rut but it is concerning. Like I said I thought we run this system because it's not really possible to "figure out" but something is certainly up. Nicks was good today but Cruz has been awful the last 3 games also.

Randle and Wilson have been super disappointing also. We need more production from them. Sanu looked good today I still am upset we didn't take him and of course he has to have his first big game against us. What a kick in the balls that was.

The Bradshaw fumble was the end of the game. If we score there then we win this game today. That just really killed us.

Diehl is awful I can't say it enough.

Our DLine was embarrassing today. These guys just disappear which also makes 0 sense.

BaLLiN
11-11-2012, 05:16 PM
NYG you are right. I have never seen a team having such a hard time picking up short yardage in the NFL while passing. Its ridiculous.

BigBlueNorwegian
11-11-2012, 05:24 PM

He needs to ride the ******* pine now. I hope the coaching staff sees this when they evaluate over the bye week. And Andre Brown needs to get the majority of the carries. I get that Bradshaw is an emotional leader and a good blocker, but he's on his last legs as a rusher. Never gets more than 2-3 yds.

But the worst is Diehl. He looks totally done. He's a backup swing tackle, nothing else

NY+Giants=NYG
11-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Thanks NYG very good post. I still think it's just a terrible rut but it is concerning. Like I said I thought we run this system because it's not really possible to "figure out" but something is certainly up. Nicks was good today but Cruz has been awful the last 3 games also.

Randle and Wilson have been super disappointing also. We need more production from them. Sanu looked good today I still am upset we didn't take him and of course he has to have his first big game against us. What a kick in the balls that was.

The Bradshaw fumble was the end of the game. If we score there then we win this game today. That just really killed us.

Our DLine was embarrassing today. These guys just disappear which also makes 0 sense.

Thanks man.

I honestly love when draft offensive players like people know. However, I think now I just don't care who we draft. Offensively, I feel like whoever we draft won't play anyways. So why bother? Barden, JJ, Wilson, and R.R.

That's the issue! We can't develop players consistently if the offensive system is so hard. We failed to develop mid round OL picks, but we are not developing guys like.

JJ, Barden, and now Wilson. WE NEED to develop guys faster and have them produce. Hixon plays because he can be versatile and play every spot. That's great he knows the system and his versatile, but at some point that can't be amazing on it's own. You have to produce now! Yeah you are versatile, and yeah you know the system, but now do something!!!! Be consistent!

That's the issue. No one else is picking it up! Someone do something! R.R. has no idea, Wilson is not used AND Hixon and MB are part timers who aren't there game after game producing. MB was early on but fell off.

This is a big issue!

In theory, the system is supposed to beat any defense and the coverage because of the choice and option routes. But like anything else in this league, things get figured out. And the associated routes with this system are all being tightly contested by every team. There is zero wiggle room, and that tips me off that there is a problem.

1 game.. fine. 3 freaking games and this is new! Compound the problems listed above and you get this mess!

As for the DL, I think we as fans are spoiled by them. Now teams have adjusted to us. Get rid of the ball sooner! No need to hold the ball. Watch how the 2 offenses played us.

Hitch, Curl, Hitch, flat route, hitch, curl, in, Dig, curl, go route, hitch, curl, RB angle route, hitch and curl.

And when you're not throwing then run, run, run, run, run, run, run. And then use play action

That's what I am seeing. Nothing fancy. We are the opposite in a way. We run 5 and 7 step drops, and need time. And on top of that we can't get open.

Giantsfan1080
11-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Dalton had all day to throw today though. Yeah there were plays where they got rid of it quick but he ALL day on every play. I think I saw Osi get pressure once but besides that him, Tuck, JPP, Canty were missing. Just terrible.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-11-2012, 06:03 PM
Dalton had all day to throw today though. Yeah there were plays where they got rid of it quick but he ALL day on every play. I think I saw Osi get pressure once but besides that him, Tuck, JPP, Canty were missing. Just terrible.

It's because you keep the DL off their game and frustrated. Soon, you lose gap discipline and I think Tim lewis and even Fewell over trust their DL. As if our DL will always get pressure and allow us to drop everyone. I hated that when Tim Lewis used that philosophy. If your DL doesn't hit home, you have all day then.

That's the theory of it. When you look at the players Osi and Tuck are old. Tuck is shot, and Osi is one foot on his way out. Kiwi has been mismanaged in my opinion since we drafted him. I think he should be on the DL. JPP is the only threat. Maybe make Ojomo active and see if he can give this DL a shot in the arm.

But teams are going to get rid of the ball. They are not going to keep t in their hands. Our blitzes suck too. They are not complex and get picked up. So that's one less player dropping back in a garbage scheme.

So now you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. It's tough man. That side of the ball is terrible anyways. PF is not a good DC in the regular season.

Rosebud
11-11-2012, 06:18 PM
I'm not even close to panicking. We do this all the time and we still have the lead in the division.

Exactly. This is how the giants roll. We're the worst front runners possible but phenomenal underdogs. When we've got a big division lead in November we're gunna **** the bed pretty hard until that pressure to perform returns.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Then I'll hit the panic button. Looking at our schedule, we need to get your head out of our butts and then play sick to do well!

GB
AT Wash
Saints
Atlanta
Ravens
Eagles

I'll tell you what we better get this figured out really quickly. I am patient as a rule, but the way we have been playing and the teams we play, my patience is running out. I am just about to hit the panic button because I don't trust this team specifically now. At this moment, I don't see this team doing well against those teams.

Giantsfan1080
11-11-2012, 06:39 PM
I don't care about the teams we play. We're better off playing better teams since that's when we bring it. When we play our game we can beat any team.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-11-2012, 06:43 PM
I don't care about the teams we play. We're better off playing better teams since that's when we bring it. When we play our game we can beat any team.

Oh I do. The way we are playing now, or lack of playing now, these teams are going to beat us like we stole something. High flying offensive teams against us. We stink on D, and stink on O. And our special teams have slipped. So playing these teams matter. These teams score TDs like non other and here we are stinking in the red zone.

Do we plan on FGing these teams into submission?

Giantsfan1080
11-11-2012, 06:44 PM
We won't play this bad against those teams is what I'm saying. We never do when our backs are up against the wall. It's like all our big players need that adrenaline rush to play well.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-11-2012, 07:09 PM
We won't play this bad against those teams is what I'm saying. We never do when our backs are up against the wall. It's like all our big players need that adrenaline rush to play well.

See I think the way this team is playing, I don't see any hope or light that we can play better. It's not that we lost 2 games that bothers me. It's the fashion we are losing that troubles me to no end. I don't think this offensive staff can make the right changes. I used today to see what we can do and I saw nothing. Nothing to make me think of this staff needs to do something drastic to change they would. I don't think we would do that. Call it being stubborn or unwilling to change no matter what. I don't see much from this team right now. All 3 phases are not doing well.

I don't see how offensively we can keep up. What changes are we willing to make? Let's say we are code blue. No heart beat, and we need something drastic. Can this staff come up with something like that? Or do we run our system even if the boat sinks? Because right now I think this staff can't make that change.

I also think the teams we play go for the throat. GB and NO fall in that category. We play for...MVP Tynes! That's not going to get it.

Right now I see nothing from this team that leads me to believe all is well and thinks will be fine. Right now the hand is resting on the panic button. It's very close to being pressed and then letting the team show me to stop the button and go over ride. Because right now I don't see it. I don't see how things will magically fix themselves.

Giantsfan1080
11-11-2012, 07:20 PM
Naa you're being way to pessimistic right now considering everything we know about this team. I'm not saying we're going to the playoffs and dominate but we will play better. There's no doubt in my mind about that.

BigBlueNorwegian
11-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Right now I see nothing from this team that leads me to believe all is well and thinks will be fine. Right now the hand is resting on the panic button. It's very close to being pressed and then letting the team show me to stop the button and go over ride. Because right now I don't see it. I don't see how things will magically fix themselves.

I agree with you. My hand is dangerously close to that same panic button as well. I will give them one more chance to come out against the Packers and show improvement, and play competitive football. If they don't, I will push the panic-button as hard as I possibly can.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-11-2012, 07:27 PM
Naa you're being way to pessimistic right now considering everything we know about this team. I'm not saying we're going to the playoffs and dominate but we will play better. There's no doubt in my mind about that.

I hope that's the cause. I am more of a realistic. Right now, based on what I have seen, I don't see the gold or silver lining where we can say, we played well but 1 mistake did us in. Right now we are just not good. These teams are high scoring. And we rely on Mr. Tynes. Our defense stinks. That's just going by our play. No being optimistic or negative. Just being a realistic and calling it based on how we are playing.

Rosebud
11-11-2012, 07:30 PM
How quickly you forget just how badly we curbstomped the 49ers, easily the best team in the NFL outside of the QB position, at every aspect of playing football. This team can dominate and get dominated by any team, that's why it doesn't matter who's left on the schedule, but what does matter is the team feeling the pressure to perform.

Giantsfan1080
11-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Yeah I'm not arguing with you on that. This is some of the worst football I've seen this team play in a long time. We're still 6-4 though with destiny in our own hands. This team responds better when we are against the wall and when we are underdogs. I can't explain that but it is the case. I'll start to panic when we're not in 1st anymore.

bigbluedefense
11-12-2012, 08:57 AM
It's not the system. Can adjustments be made? Sure. But the bigger issue is talent. The OL sucks balls. Diehl needs to go. The 3rd WR isn't emerging, Nicks can't separate, and teams are rolling coverages on Cruz. No one is open. And Eli is pressing.

My solution:

1. Bench Diehl. He's just not good anymore and Locklear is clearly better.
2. Start Andre Brown. Bradshaw is washed up too and Brown is clearly better.
3. Use Beckum more in 2 te sets. See if that causes any mismatches.
4. Tell Eli checking down isn't a crime.
5. Hope Nicks gets healthy
6. Hope Randle develops.

That's all you really can do.

On defense....don't get me started. I want a new defensive system.

bigbluedefense
11-12-2012, 09:11 AM
Defensively we have several issues.

1. Tackling. We are a terrible tackling defense. If you're gonna be a zone bend but don't break defense, you better tackle. And we can't tackle at all.
2. DBs. Corey is washed up. Hosely is a rookie who will go through growing pains. Kenny is hurt.
3. Our DTs are mediocre. Joseph is decent but we have no depth and no under tackle. Canty is still recovering. Bernard sucks. Austin sucks.
4. Linebackers stink. Boley is strictly a coverage backer. Everyone else stinks.
5. Perry Fewell. He never blitzes, rarely adjusts. When teams max protect you gotta adjust to that. He never does.

We need Kenny back, move Rolle to nickel CB and start Brown. Put Prince on the opposition's 1. That is my secondary adjustments.

Linebackers...just gotta hope Williams gets healthy and start him.

DL....just gotta hope Canty gets healthy, and blitz more to free these guys up.

Giantsfan1080
11-12-2012, 09:11 AM
If Coughlin doesn't switch back to Locklear I'll be livid. Diehl is going to get Eli hurt.

scottyboy
11-12-2012, 09:23 AM
remember when Sanu torched us? Cool Randle. Cool.

Giantsfan1080
11-12-2012, 09:28 AM
remember when Sanu torched us? Cool Randle. Cool.

Insult to injury.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-12-2012, 09:50 AM
It's not the system. Can adjustments be made? Sure. But the bigger issue is talent. The OL sucks balls. Diehl needs to go. The 3rd WR isn't emerging, Nicks can't separate, and teams are rolling coverages on Cruz. No one is open. And Eli is pressing.

My solution:

1. Bench Diehl. He's just not good anymore and Locklear is clearly better.
2. Start Andre Brown. Bradshaw is washed up too and Brown is clearly better.
3. Use Beckum more in 2 te sets. See if that causes any mismatches.
4. Tell Eli checking down isn't a crime.
5. Hope Nicks gets healthy
6. Hope Randle develops.

That's all you really can do.

On defense....don't get me started. I want a new defensive system.

Of course it's the system and I cited it on this site as well as BBI quite well. I do agree that that other issues are there too which I as well have cited. And checking down is a crime in our SYSTEM because we push the ball vertically and use the 5 to 7 drop concept passing game.

If we ran the Big Ben offense and put the training wheels on our offense, I think we might be fine. That's all the steelers do. Now their offense is the anti-giants offense with the way they dink and dunk. It's very sad and pitiful when we have a 5 to 7 drop game, and Eli has like 4 seconds to throw and no one is open, and defenders are route reading perfectly as if they know that we are doing.

I hated that WR rules part of the offense. And my wrath and fury of it is increasing! I am ready for 2 new systems! Mark my words, I'd bet anything on it. That Eli in a brand new system would be a lot more productive in this system we run.

3 damn games without a TD? 3? What HOF QB, 2 time SB MVP QB has that happened to them? Eli and The Sanchize have something in common yesterday! Both didn't throw a TD.

I can't even watch the offense and that's what I love! I said I was anxious to see if we would do anything different and I saw what I needed to. Someone said somewhere it reminded of the stupid Panthers playoff game, and it did. I remember I was at the game and that was a bloody mess!

I hate the defense so much. What a useless unit with a worse DC! Can we actually hire a good DC? Is Coughlin that bad at hiring coordinators? I know people will point to Spags, but good god he is bad at hiring DCs.

Hufangel, Lewis, Sheridan and now Fewell.

bigbluedefense
11-12-2012, 10:35 AM
It's not the system man! It's adjustments to the system. That's all.

The system is fine.

Rosebud
11-12-2012, 10:39 AM
I guess it's about time we start wondering if Eli's washed up, right NYG?

NY+Giants=NYG
11-12-2012, 10:50 AM
I guess it's about time we start wondering if Eli's washed up, right NYG?

You think he is washed up? Why on earth would you say that?

NY+Giants=NYG
11-12-2012, 10:54 AM
It's not the system man! It's adjustments to the system. That's all.

The system is fine.

Personnel also impact it, but it's the system too. You can see it with the routes being run. You don't have an offense fall of a cliff like this for 3 straight games. Factor in bush league play calling in the red zone. And that leads to Mr. Tynes being our MVP thus far.

No adjustments are being made to the system. We were told they were going to be made. I didn't see anything. Did we run hurry up once? Gilbride alluded to it in his interview prior to game day.

Giantsfan1080
11-12-2012, 10:59 AM
You think he is washed up? Why on earth would you say that?

He was being sarcastic.