PDA

View Full Version : New York Giants Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

NY+Giants=NYG
11-12-2012, 11:03 AM
He was being sarcastic.

I know. No one brought it up so I figured I'd answer his question with a question and see what he says.

And as stupid as it sounds in the game day threat there were people saying all sorts of stuff. Fire Coughlin, Fire Fewell, Eli is done, Fire Gilbride and so on.

LonghornsLegend
11-12-2012, 11:12 AM
Yeah I'm not arguing with you on that. This is some of the worst football I've seen this team play in a long time. We're still 6-4 though with destiny in our own hands. This team responds better when we are against the wall and when we are underdogs. I can't explain that but it is the case. I'll start to panic when we're not in 1st anymore.

I agree, and I laugh at everyone who is worried about the Giants. I guess there has to be a story, but just because you don't go 13-3 doesn't mean a thing. You guys always get hot at the right time, and while most of you hate Fewell he got his stuff together at the right time last year after sucking it up in large spans.

Besides that, if your only threat is us in the division I'd hardly be worried because we have given nobody a reason to think we can be disciplined enough to go on a streak and win some meaningful games.

Jughead10
11-12-2012, 11:25 AM
I'm not worried about making the playoffs yet, but I would like to finish third in the NFC. To avoid a likely strong Wild Card team in the 5th seed. This loss hurts those chances.

bigbluedefense
11-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Yeah LL, I basically agree with Jug right now. I do worry about Dallas though, because they are talented and if they put it together they can be dangerous.

But right now I'm not concerned about missing the playoffs just yet. I'm more concerned about seeding.

And it's just annoying that this team isn't consistent like the Patriots bc they're capable of it. But they lack the focus.

Giantsfan1080
11-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Seeding doesn't matter one bit. We can beat anyone anywhere.

bigbluedefense
11-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Why not make life easier though? Why always do it the hard way? Do you really want to see Green Bay in the first round?

Giantsfan1080
11-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Why not make life easier though? Why always do it the hard way? Do you really want to see Green Bay in the first round?

They'll win the division.

bigbluedefense
11-12-2012, 11:40 AM
I think Chicago will hold onto it. Green Bay has their flaws too.

Forenci
11-12-2012, 11:43 AM
Well I'm a sad panda. I'm not overly worried, mainly because of our division but I am a bit concerned. If this was ANY other team we would all be hitting the panic button big time. Sometimes I wonder if we get too comfortable with the idea we are going to pick it up in December and when the pressure is on.

After relying on this for so many years, I feel like eventually it will have to not happen.

That's not being pessimistic, I'm not super worried by any means. Just an observation I was thinking about.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-12-2012, 11:43 AM
I agree, and I laugh at everyone who is worried about the Giants. I guess there has to be a story, but just because you don't go 13-3 doesn't mean a thing. You guys always get hot at the right time, and while most of you hate Fewell he got his stuff together at the right time last year after sucking it up in large spans.

Besides that, if your only threat is us in the division I'd hardly be worried because we have given nobody a reason to think we can be disciplined enough to go on a streak and win some meaningful games.

Why? Have you seen us play? We can't score now. No lead is safe, and right now our MVP is our freaking kicker. Well I am glad you're not worried, perhaps I need to take a page from your book. Right now, I see nothing with this team. Maybe this BYE week will do some good, and things will be fine.

Maybe the defense can replicate last year and beat the GB. Maybe our offense can use this BYE week to adjust, rest, and come back to par. That would be great. But until then, I am not happy, and dare I say.. worried with this team.

bigbluedefense
11-12-2012, 11:46 AM
My main concern is, we all know what flaws we have, and we all know what the corrective actions are to those flaws (or at least we know what the superficial corrections can be in an attempt to fix them), but will they happen? I don't know.

Will Coughlin bench Diehl? Probably not.

Will Coughlin bench Bradshaw? Probably not.

Will Beckum see more PT? Probably not.

Will we make some adjustments to the playbook? I can see this happening.

Will guys get healthy? That's out of anyone's hands.

bigbluedefense
11-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Well I'm a sad panda. I'm not overly worried, mainly because of our division but I am a bit concerned. If this was ANY other team we would all be hitting the panic button big time. Sometimes I wonder if we get too comfortable with the idea we are going to pick it up in December and when the pressure is on.

After relying on this for so many years, I feel like eventually it will have to not happen.

That's not being pessimistic, I'm not super worried by any means. Just an observation I was thinking about.

That's fair. I think what's keeping me calm is our recent success. We all know this league. It's tough being successful in this league. And we won 2 out of the last 5 Super Bowls. A repeat performance is not realistic. And I'm aware of that.

I honestly see us making the playoffs and being 1 and done. I would love to win a playoff game before getting eliminated, but I think from a talent perspective, our team is too flawed to make a serious run this year.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-12-2012, 11:51 AM
My main concern is, we all know what flaws we have, and we all know what the corrective actions are to those flaws (or at least we know what the superficial corrections can be in an attempt to fix them), but will they happen? I don't know.

Will we make some adjustments to the playbook? I can see this happening.

Well I can now that the BYE week has arrived. But what?! What can we do? I posed this on BBI or here I been so mad I am forgetting things. But if push comes to shove and we need to do something drastic, do you think Gilbride and TC would do something drastic in hopes to revive the offense?

OR do you think they make minor changes and if the boat sinks it sinks? I am not sure what adjustments they can make and if it's effective.

I saw more 3 wide sets. Ok, do we continue with that as the base formation and run and throw out if it? Is that what we now use and build off of it?

It's interesting, but I am not sure about all this.

Rosebud
11-12-2012, 11:52 AM

Because our team does better when things are harder on them. When things are too easy, they get arrogant and full of themselves. That's why we're such godawful front runners. It's when things are hard that the team buckles down and really thrives on the pressure.

bigbluedefense
11-12-2012, 11:56 AM
Well I can now that the BYE week has arrived. But what?! What can we do? I posed this on BBI or here I been so mad I am forgetting things. But if push comes to shove and we need to do something drastic, do you think Gilbride and TC would do something drastic in hopes to revive the offense?

OR do you think they make minor changes and if the boat sinks it sinks? I am not sure what adjustments they can make and if it's effective.

I saw more 3 wide sets. Ok, do we continue with that as the base formation and run and throw out if it? Is that what we now use and build off of it?

It's interesting, but I am not sure about all this.

Here's the problem with adjustments. They only work for a couple of weeks.

Right now, we can't stretch the field. So what's the natural adjustment? Bring in the routes.

But after 2 weeks, what's gonna happen? Defenses will adjust, and cover up the shorter routes.

So then what? Back to square one.

That's why ultimately this game is about talent. Players make plays. Right now we're just not talented enough to overcome our flaws. With some health, and some development from our rookies we can overcome them, but right here right now we are not good enough.

And that's not a scheme problem. That's a talent problem.

Rosebud
11-12-2012, 12:02 PM
I wouldn't even say it's a talent problem, but a performance problem. Eli's not playing well, Nicks isn't playing well, the OL isn't playing well, the defensive line isn't playing well. That's not because of talent but because injuries, lackadaisical play, whatever, is keeping the talent from performing to the levels they're capable of. The talent is here to win a superbowl, the talent is here to curbstomp the 9ers, the talent is here to repeat.

scottyboy
11-12-2012, 12:26 PM
it's also poor timing for us having a piss poor outing and then the bye. Meaning we have nothing to talk about but our piss poor games for the next 2 weeks.

Also, Sanu would just be so sexy in blue. le sigh

Rosebud
11-12-2012, 12:29 PM
When we stomp the Packers, will you guys back away from the cliff-edge?

Giantsfan1080
11-12-2012, 12:36 PM
When we stomp the Packers, will you guys back away from the cliff-edge?

Seems like there is only 1 person here close to a ledge. Thankfully no one is yelling jump.

bigbluedefense
11-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Randle is better than Sanu. A lot better.

This offense just takes awhile to understand.

Giantsfan1080
11-12-2012, 12:43 PM
There has been 0 evidence to suggest Randle is better than Sanu at this point.

Forenci
11-12-2012, 12:45 PM
it's also poor timing for us having a piss poor outing and then the bye. Meaning we have nothing to talk about but our piss poor games for the next 2 weeks.

Also, Sanu would just be so sexy in blue. le sigh

4 catches and a TD make him good? lol.

Rosebud
11-12-2012, 12:55 PM
Seems like there is only 1 person here close to a ledge. Thankfully no one is yelling jump.

Norwegian was right there with him last I checked and the two of them were gunna get each other to jump. Hope they survive the bye.

Rosebud
11-12-2012, 12:56 PM
4 catches and a TD make him good? lol.

...woulda taken those numbers outta Randle...

bigbluedefense
11-12-2012, 01:08 PM
There has been 0 evidence to suggest Randle is better than Sanu at this point.

Both had 1 good game. But at least Randle got some seperation during his 1 good game.

Giantsfan1080
11-12-2012, 01:14 PM
And Sanu made some catches that made you go wow. All I'm saying is right now you can't say Randle is the better WR.

Giantsfan1080
11-12-2012, 01:18 PM
Sounds like a torn ACL for Kuhn.

scottyboy
11-12-2012, 01:33 PM
we've dumbed the playbook down for randle. he had one okay game. This was Sanu's second start. He's already got a throwing TD, the receiving TD (which was a really nice catch and adjustment on the ball) and was even used for a rush showing his versatility. Randle's done nothing but not catch end zone fades thrown his way.

And Sanu separated pretty nicely on some plays on Webster or Amukamara. Just saying.

It would be nice to have a spark like that from one of our rookies

Forenci
11-12-2012, 02:00 PM
Doubtful it happens because rookie WRs rarely make an impact in our offense or under Coughlin.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-12-2012, 02:21 PM
R.R. might be the better prospect, but in our system, it's really tough for a rookie to come out and play at a sick ROTY level.

BaLLiN
11-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Sanu got stats, he didn't do anything that I wouldn't expect from any NFL WR. He got the benefit of a terrible coverage in the endzone that not only allowed him to get a free release to the inside but a crapload of space. He did not separate at all on those catches, so i don't know what you're talking about.

Edit: and it was a good catch, but he also had the benefit of Prince's body and his body keeping it from hitting the ground.

Giantsfan1080
11-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Huh Prince actually played that TD really well.

BaLLiN
11-12-2012, 02:36 PM
Huh Prince actually played that TD really well.

by coverage i meant coverage play, as in the switch. I know its not always a designed switch but the play design of Cincy versus our defensive was just terrible. We gave up all that space in the switch

BigBlueNorwegian
11-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Norwegian was right there with him last I checked and the two of them were gunna get each other to jump. Hope they survive the bye.

We'll make a deal Rosebud. I promise to not jump before you say so :) But I am not seated in the middle of the roof chilling on a couch like you are, I'm carefully looking over the edge and considering the consequences if I jump.

But to my credit, I didn't panic last year, when so many panicked. I was one of the last believers in that team after the NO and GB game. I don't know, I'm just not currently feeling confident about this teams chances in the playoffs.

bigbluedefense
11-12-2012, 10:54 PM
There was nothing I saw in that game that made me think Sanu is better than Randle. I saw no seperation at all.

He made nice traffic catches. He'll be a solid possession WR for his career. That's fine. I like Sanu.

But Randle will be better. He just has to learn the system. You saw what he can do when he's confident in his routes. He was killing it out there. Once he picks up the system he'll be fine.

scottyboy
11-12-2012, 10:56 PM
There was nothing I saw in that game that made me think Sanu is better than Randle. I saw no seperation at all.

He made nice traffic catches. He'll be a solid possession WR for his career. That's fine. I like Sanu.

But Randle will be better. He just has to learn the system. You saw what he can do when he's confident in his routes. He was killing it out there. Once he picks up the system he'll be fine.

**** that, I'd take a possession guy who can move the chains for us right now, something we don't have. Especially with Nicks not being healthy.

God I want nicks healthy. He's probably my new favorite player and just unreal when healthy

bigbluedefense
11-13-2012, 01:39 PM
So it looks like Diehl is gonna remain the starter...

Also sounds like the Giants have no plans of playing Wilson more...

Hooray adjustments...

D-Unit
11-13-2012, 01:45 PM
R.R. might be the better prospect, but in our system, it's really tough for a rookie to come out and play at a sick ROTY level.
You guys should grab Greg Salas off the Patriots practice squad. He knows the Run 'n Shoot and I think if he gets another chance he could prove himself.

bigbluedefense
11-13-2012, 02:21 PM
Na, give Randle his reps. It takes time to develop. He needs reps.

If the light can turn on come playoff time, we should be ok. But we'd like to see it come on sooner.

Realistically he'll be ready next year. Bennett apparently has tears in his knee too which is slowing him down, so that's also hurting our offense.

D-Unit
11-13-2012, 02:23 PM
Na, give Randle his reps. It takes time to develop. He needs reps.

If the light can turn on come playoff time, we should be ok. But we'd like to see it come on sooner.

Realistically he'll be ready next year. Bennett apparently has tears in his knee too which is slowing him down, so that's also hurting our offense.
You guys still pleased with Bennett? What's his percentage of receptions vs targets?

bigbluedefense
11-13-2012, 02:38 PM
You guys still pleased with Bennett? What's his percentage of receptions vs targets?

Very pleased. He doesn't have terrible dropsies. Catches most of his passes.

Before he hurt his knee he was really looking good. Now he looks average, you can tell he can't explode anymore and looks slow. But bc he's big, he still can get open underneath. Eli just isn't targeting him much, and the system doesn't really call his #.

But I'm pleased. I'd like to extend him after this season for the right price.

Giantsfan1080
11-13-2012, 02:39 PM
Bennett was very good until he hurt his knee against the Browns. His play has dropped off considerably since then so hopefully after the bye he'll start to feel better again. Still an excellent pickup. I think I've only seen him drop a few balls and only 1 possibly 2 where I was really livid about it.

Giantsfan1080
11-13-2012, 02:41 PM
So it looks like Diehl is gonna remain the starter...

Also sounds like the Giants have no plans of playing Wilson more...

Hooray adjustments...

I've seen the Wilson comments but nothing about Diehl. If he's the starter against the Pack I will lose it.

Brown should be playing more than Bradshaw and Wilson anyway. I didn't like the Wilson pick at the time as we know so didn't expect much from him this year anyway. The SF game did get me excited but it's been outweighed by his terrible play in most all the other games he's had carries in.

bigbluedefense
11-13-2012, 02:58 PM
Wilson will be fine. He's not going to make an impact this year, he's a rookie. We all know how Coughlin rolls.

For next year, I'd love to see us go with Brown and Wilson and just part ways with Bradshaw. But I don't see that happening.

Giantsfan1080
11-13-2012, 03:00 PM
I do. We need to save money on the cap and Bradshaw seems like a goner.

scottyboy
11-13-2012, 03:02 PM
oline coach said Diehl's problems are fixable and he'll be fine next game.

uhm.

Forenci
11-13-2012, 03:06 PM
How do you fix being terrible?

BigBlueNorwegian
11-13-2012, 03:21 PM
oline coach said Diehl's problems are fixable and he'll be fine next game.

uhm.

That's like saying your homoerotic relations to Rutgers players are fixable, and will be gone next game. Not going to happen.

LonghornsLegend
11-13-2012, 03:31 PM
I've seen the Wilson comments but nothing about Diehl. If he's the starter against the Pack I will lose it.

Brown should be playing more than Bradshaw and Wilson anyway. I didn't like the Wilson pick at the time as we know so didn't expect much from him this year anyway. The SF game did get me excited but it's been outweighed by his terrible play in most all the other games he's had carries in.

He's only got 18 carries for the whole season, averaging almost 5 yards a pop. I'm really surprised some of you seem to hate Wilson so much before he's even given a chance. I honestly don't get to see him enough to call him terrible but even in limited carries, I wouldn't classify him as terrible personally.

Forenci
11-13-2012, 03:46 PM
Haha, I was going to say the same thing LL. He's basically gotten no carries has pretty good average because of it.

I think he'll be a good player. Not sure why GF is so down on him.

scottyboy
11-13-2012, 03:51 PM
How do you fix being terrible?

somehow Beatty did it, maybe he can teach Diehl

#backhandedcompliment

Forenci
11-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Beatty wasn't terrible. Just injured and inconsistent playing/practice time resulted in poor play it seems. His issues were fixable, clearly.

scottyboy
11-13-2012, 04:02 PM
Beatty wasn't terrible. Just injured and inconsistent playing/practice time resulted in poor play it seems. His issues were fixable, clearly.

and his lack of toughness. Oh, and you're forgetting his biggest flaw to overcome

http://ctsportslawblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/cpfootballrafter-2.jpg

Forenci
11-13-2012, 04:36 PM
See, I was nice to you after your terrible loss to Kent St and didn't mention that I was right in how overrated Rutgers is.

Giantsfan1080
11-13-2012, 04:40 PM
Wilson isn't terrible I was being to harsh. He's made some really boneheaded plays though. I do agree it is impossible to compare our rooks to other teams because we never play them though.

Giantsfan1080
11-13-2012, 04:43 PM
See, I was nice to you after your terrible loss to Kent St and didn't mention that I was right in how overrated Rutgers is.

Meh Kent is actually pretty good and neither of us were arguing we were going to the national championship. We're still in control of our own destiny and 11-1 season with a BCS bowl is a great showing.

scottyboy
11-13-2012, 04:44 PM

i just like teasing you. I did compliment Beatty and have eaten my crow on him being poop because he has turned it around big time and now makes LT less of a need in the offseason.

Rosebud
11-13-2012, 05:06 PM
Wilson will be fine, still think we'd be much better off if we had drafted Cordy Glenn and stuck him at RT, since then our OL would be really good and Brown, Bradshaw and Scott would've been more than enough to have a strong run game, but Wilson will be fine to. Still been made some dumb mistakes that get rookies in TC's dog house.

Forenci
11-13-2012, 05:41 PM
Meh Kent is actually pretty good and neither of us were arguing we were going to the national championship. We're still in control of our own destiny and 11-1 season with a BCS bowl is a great showing.

You guys still suck.

Giantsfan1080
11-13-2012, 06:35 PM
You guys still suck.

And I love you too. :wave:

D-Unit
11-14-2012, 02:27 AM
I do. We need to save money on the cap and Bradshaw seems like a goner.
I don't see Bradshaw getting a big contract in FA. He could stick around if Coughlin has something to say about it.

I actually wouldn't mind him on the Cowboys sharing carries with Murray.

bigbluedefense
11-14-2012, 07:22 AM
I don't see Bradshaw getting a big contract in FA. He could stick around if Coughlin has something to say about it.

I actually wouldn't mind him on the Cowboys sharing carries with Murray.

You don't want Bradshaw. Murray is already injury prone, why would you want another injury prone back backing him up?

bigbluedefense
11-14-2012, 07:31 AM
Wilson will be fine, still think we'd be much better off if we had drafted Cordy Glenn and stuck him at RT, since then our OL would be really good and Brown, Bradshaw and Scott would've been more than enough to have a strong run game, but Wilson will be fine to. Still been made some dumb mistakes that get rookies in TC's dog house.

Stephen Hill and Cordy Glenn were my top 2 choices. But I'd be lying to you if I told you I knew Glenn would be this good. I saw him as a RT. He's been lights out at LT so far.

Either way, I was happy with Wilson. I did have him rated pretty high. You gotta give it time, rookies don't contribute to this team.

Everyone wants to see rookies contribute right away, but it's a marathon not a sprint.

Our rookies will be fine. We saw flashes with Wilson and Randle. Those flashes will turn into production in years 2 or 3.

Giantsfan1080
11-14-2012, 08:14 AM
Wilson has "flashed", Randle not so much to me.

LonghornsLegend
11-14-2012, 09:02 AM

I think he's made mistakes like any normal person. How many times has Bradshaw fumbled this year? But he gets chances to redeem himself, Wilson fumbles once and it's 5 games before he sees an offensive touch. I don't see much difference there, young players make mistakes and need chances to learn. If you guys had this same treatment with Cruz last year think of how many big plays you miss out on, because I can think of numerous huge gaffes Cruz made especially to start the season but you stuck with him.

I'll be interested in seeing how much work Brown gets next year along with Wilson, and if Bradshaw returns. Be nice to get a bigger sampling of Wilson to actually see what he can do. If he's getting 15 or so touches a game on offense, I think he provides a huge spark to the offense, but pass blocking, assignments, etc are all just as important as making plays so he's got to put in the work to become a better overall player.

Forenci
11-14-2012, 09:04 AM
Coughlin just hates rookies. Especially rookie RB's who fumble. He loves Bradshaw though.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-14-2012, 09:12 AM
Bradshaw is tough and was productive and quiet when compared to Jacobs. Guy has injuries across the board and yet keeps playing. He has 2 rings so he has more currency or more of a margin to mess up than Brown or Wilson.

Giantsfan1080
11-14-2012, 09:18 AM
Wilson besides the fumbling problems has made some mistakes. He dropped that shovel pass and also definitely missed a hole or two he was supposed to hit. I'd still like to see him in the games more though.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-14-2012, 09:53 AM
Yeah but like Gilbride that if Eli checks out of a play Wilson has to be able to understand what's going on. I think that issue is keeping him from seeing more playing time.

bigbluedefense
11-15-2012, 01:51 PM
Fun stat from the Bengals game:

By an unofficial count, the Giants sent four rushers on 23 of Dalton’s 30 drop-backs. Dalton completed 15 of those passes for 85 yards and two touchdowns. When the Giants sent five or six rushers, Dalton completed 6 of 7 passes for 114 yards and two touchdowns.

Per Venny Vrentas.

That tells me it's not a simple fix. The issue is coverage. We're not covering well. I think Perry (and this is just a guess) is using his complex zones again, and also a combination of Corey being washed up, Hosely being a rookie going through growing pains, and Kenny getting hurt along with Jacquan getting hurt is just killing our pass coverage right now.

BigBlueNorwegian
11-16-2012, 02:36 PM
Fun stat from the Bengals game:

By an unofficial count, the Giants sent four rushers on 23 of Daltonís 30 drop-backs. Dalton completed 15 of those passes for 85 yards and two touchdowns. When the Giants sent five or six rushers, Dalton completed 6 of 7 passes for 114 yards and two touchdowns.

Per Venny Vrentas.

That tells me it's not a simple fix. The issue is coverage. We're not covering well. I think Perry (and this is just a guess) is using his complex zones again, and also a combination of Corey being washed up, Hosely being a rookie going through growing pains, and Kenny getting hurt along with Jacquan getting hurt is just killing our pass coverage right now.

Doesn't surprise me at all, really. It's the same thing as last year, before the Jets game. We had played terrible in the defensive backfield for 6-7 games in a row, before the DBs had a players only meeting, went to Fewell and demanded scheme changes, and we won the Super Bowl. Let's hope the same thing happens this year.

The frustrating part is that Fewell didn't seem to learn from last year. He's a typical stubborn, "I am a genious" - coach, who doesn't adjust his schemes to the talent available, at least not until he's forced to do so.

Giantsfan1080
11-21-2012, 11:43 AM
Everyone was a go today except for Bradshaw, Hixon, and Joseph it looks like.

Rosebud
11-21-2012, 11:50 AM
I really hope we can win. Dealing with all the douchebag packers fans that infest the chicagoland area is always easier with a win under our belt. But I can't help but think we'll still lose this one to let Dallas tie the division up. And then turning it on.

Giantsfan1080
11-21-2012, 12:12 PM
Either way wouldn't surprise me.

BigBlueNorwegian
11-21-2012, 01:58 PM
Who took starting reps at RT? If it's Diehl again, we can already mark this one down as a loss.

Giantsfan1080
11-21-2012, 06:36 PM
Later David Douglas, we hardly knew ya!

bigbluedefense
11-22-2012, 01:32 PM
Who was David Douglas again?

BaLLiN
11-22-2012, 01:57 PM
the great white hope

bigbluedefense
11-22-2012, 01:57 PM
Oh yeah. Oh well.

BaLLiN
11-23-2012, 04:06 PM
so off of the injury report, matthews shields and woodson will be out with jennings as questionable. That really weakens their secondary and passrush. We have a chance, but if we don't get this game that really speaks negatively about our team.

If our defensive line doesn't have its best performance of the year, we should be ashamed. Their OL has had many injuries, their RB's have been average, and Rodgers hasn't been Rodgers.

Giantsfan1080
11-23-2012, 05:40 PM
Diehl is starting this Sunday. Just horrible.

BigBlueNorwegian
11-23-2012, 11:35 PM
Diehl is starting this Sunday. Just horrible.

Well that pretty much confirms a loss on sunday for us. Get ready to watch 2nd string scrubs beat Diehl like a drum. Why does Coughlin always have to be so stubborn? I get that he doesn't like to have veterans lose their spot because of injury, but man, Diehl has been back for three games now, and he's done more than enough to lose his job for his play.

Giantsfan1080
11-23-2012, 11:38 PM
Yeah I really don't get this one. It's just insane.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-24-2012, 09:59 AM
Who was Douglas?! Only the next Victor Cruz! LOL. Now he is gone..

Barden will be gone, JJ will be gone, and R.R. is still a question mark. Nicks is a FA, who I think will be re-signed, but how much is the big question? The guy is Justin Tuck of our offense, where he is ALWAYS hurt! He is 24 with a body of a 28-30 year old.

Giantsfan1080
11-24-2012, 10:00 AM
Nicks isn't a FA after this year.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-24-2012, 10:02 AM
I thought he was and that's we needed to extend him? The year after maybe then?

bigbluedefense
11-24-2012, 01:22 PM
I honestly don't want us to re-sign Justin Tuck. He takes off so many plays, he's always hurt, he's always moping around with terrible body language, I'm sick of seeing him just chew on his damn mouth piece on the sideline by himself, he's always making excuses, I'm just tired of it.

Every now and then you'll see him have a great game, but 4 great games in a 16 game season doesn't mean anything to me. Especially when you're hurt for the other 12. And I don't view him as a leader either. Rolle is the real leader of our defense.

I'm just done with Tuck. His contract will far exceed his production on the field.

Giantsfan1080
11-24-2012, 02:51 PM
I thought he was and that's we needed to extend him? The year after maybe then?

Correct after next year, 2013. Cruz RFA after this year.

Rosebud
11-24-2012, 04:08 PM
Yeah, let's grab that Ansah kid in the first round and go with JPP, Kiwi and him, spend the money to lock up Cruz, Nicks, Joseph and at least one of our safeties.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-24-2012, 04:10 PM
If he is the BPA then fine. I want us to go OL before the whole thing breaks apart.

BigBlueNorwegian
11-24-2012, 05:32 PM
Yeah, let's grab that Ansah kid in the first round and go with JPP, Kiwi and him, spend the money to lock up Cruz, Nicks, Joseph and at least one of our safeties.

Werner. We want Werner. He's a freak! But we probably won't be in that draft range. Otherwise I agree with you, we need to sign up all those guys you mentioned.

BaLLiN
11-25-2012, 10:25 AM
for the love of god, can we please get Te'o?

Forenci
11-25-2012, 11:33 AM
Meh, I like Te'o but he's overhyped and will go much higher than our pick. I feel like there are better linebackers that can be had later in all honesty.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-25-2012, 07:38 PM
That was a great new play design! Very, very impressive screen pass! Just very well designed! This is the new stuff we need. Great new tendency breakers like that.

Damix
11-25-2012, 10:35 PM
Nice little ass kicking right there.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-25-2012, 10:37 PM
Bye bye November!

scottyboy
11-25-2012, 10:40 PM
well that was gnarly. Losses to the skins and saints followed by a sweep of the birds upcoming?

BigBlueNorwegian
11-25-2012, 10:42 PM
Bye bye November!

Well, now we know that all the Giants needs to get back on track, is for the two of us to threaten to push the panic-button, lol.

But seriously, nice win. Awesome win, in fact. So much to like about this game. Only negatives would be the possible injuries to Phillips and A.Brown.

EDIT: Broken fibula for Brown. Damn, that hurts. Well, Wilson better get some carries now.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-25-2012, 10:44 PM
Brown with a broken fibula. So now here comes wilson!

NY+Giants=NYG
11-25-2012, 10:46 PM
Well, now we know that all the Giants needs to get back on track, is for the two of us to threaten to push the panic-button, lol.

But seriously, nice win. Awesome win, in fact. So much to like about this game. Only negatives would be the possible injuries to Phillips and A.Brown.

No hand off now. Hovering not touching. But we did things that I wanted them. New formations! New plays! Separation because of these new plays. On defense we played well.

You see, I posted this on BBI, I think as a staff we fail to adjust before the bye. So as the weeks go, we have more film on tape, and teams via scouting do very well. Today EVERYTHING was new. Now, do we have a lot more? As the season unfolds what then?

I loved the new stuff! It was amazing! Split back formation was great to see!

BigBlueNorwegian
11-25-2012, 10:49 PM
well that was gnarly. Losses to the skins and saints followed by a sweep of the birds upcoming?

Sounds about right, yes! We will go 9-7 or 10-6, at most.

@Skins-divisional game, those are always tough, and now they have Bob.
Saints- Nemesis opponents, but they are more beatable at home.
@Falcons-Best record in the league, but I think that team has taken advantage of soft schedule
@Ravens- Tough road game, but these kinds of games are typical Giants signature wins.
Philly- We lose. We almost always lose against Philly.

BigBlueNorwegian
11-25-2012, 10:52 PM
No hand off now. Hovering not touching. But we did things that I wanted them. New formations! New plays! Separation because of these new plays. On defense we played well.

You see, I posted this on BBI, I think as a staff we fail to adjust before the bye. So as the weeks go, we have more film on tape, and teams via scouting do very well. Today EVERYTHING was new. Now, do we have a lot more? As the season unfolds what then?

I loved the new stuff! It was amazing! Split back formation was great to see!

Yep! Two losses in a row the next two weeks, and I will be pushing again, lol.

Yeah, at least to the untrained eye, it looked much fresher on offense today. The screen was a thing of beauty, I've never seen that version before! Hope this continues!

scottyboy
11-25-2012, 10:54 PM
Brown being out BLOWS.

Jersey Joe or Scott with more touches now?

NY+Giants=NYG
11-25-2012, 10:54 PM
Yep! Two losses in a row the next two weeks, and I will be pushing again, lol.

Yeah, at least to the untrained eye, it looked much fresher on offense today. The screen was a thing of beauty, I've never seen that version before! Hope this continues!

I am not sure! We have Eli who has blazing speed, and can lower his shoulder like Tebow! I almost fell out of my seat watching him take off and lower the shoulder.

BigBlueNorwegian
11-25-2012, 10:57 PM
I am not sure! We have Eli who has blazing speed, and can lower his shoulder like Tebow! I almost fell out of my seat watching him take off and lower the shoulder.

Hahaha, yeah I laughed at that. I can totally picture Eli thinking "This might be a nice way to make a statement to my teammates". But he just looks so awkward and unathletic running and blocking!

I still remember his chickenwing block from last year in the packers playoff game. It looked so awkward.

Giantsfan1080
11-25-2012, 10:58 PM
And this is why I don't worry about the team until we really have too.

scottyboy
11-25-2012, 11:00 PM

can't spell elusive without eli

NY+Giants=NYG
11-25-2012, 11:08 PM
And this is why I don't worry about the team until we really have too.

And with ELi's new found amazing running ability, I am very happy and it makes us lethal!

: )

Forenci
11-25-2012, 11:37 PM
Was a great game indeed. I'll give it to Scotty, Chase played fired up tonight. He was shooting the gaps and really making some nice plays.

I'll give credit to Perry too. To hold the Packers offense to 10 points is pretty damn good. And I'm no expert like BBD, but it seemed like he was calling a lot more blitzes with A gap pressure. Seemed to really make an impact and open things up for our rushers.

OSUGiants17
11-25-2012, 11:49 PM
I think we lose to the Saints and Eagles and finish 10-6. Skins game will be close but we have more tape on RG3 and know what to look for. The Saints own us. The Falcons are exactly the type of team that we step up big against and same for the Ravens(which wil be a dirty, gritty, close win), but the Eagles beat us in a game where we get to pull our starters at the half.

OSUGiants17
11-26-2012, 12:38 AM
http://i.imgur.com/rEpxr.jpg
Scumbag Gilbride

Rosebud
11-26-2012, 08:15 AM
God damnit guys. I missed the game because jet lag knocked me the **** out, one of yall needs to BBD it up and do an extensive break down. Or I need to find a way to rewatch the game online.

bigbluedefense
11-26-2012, 08:24 AM
What I liked was a lot of the adjustments we wanted during the bye week happened:

1. Rolle was playing nickel CB again instead of Hosely. HUGE difference. He took Cobb out of the game and that made a big difference. Rolle is an excellent nickel CB and while I'd love to have him at S, until we get a nickel CB that plays as well as Rolle, he should stay there. This was also bc Kenny came back and we ran the 3 safety set again, which should be our base defense from now on.

2. More touches for Brown. Unfortunatley he's done for the season. But props to the staff for recognizing that he needed more touches.

3. Used Beckum more. I hate him too, but we needed to try some different sets.

4. Brewer played. The staff didn't want that to happen, but an injury forced their hand.

5. More blitzes. We did a lot of 5 man rushes last night. But honestly, it wasn't a scheme thing last night. The DL dominated, and when the DL fires on all cylinders, our defense is just a different unit alltogether.

bigbluedefense
11-26-2012, 08:40 AM
Other observations:

1. The impact of Kenny: We were lights out down the field all game long, the second he gets hurt and Sash comes in, Cobb is WIDE OPEN down the middle of the field for a TD but Rodgers couldn't find him bc of pressure. That's what Kenny means to the back end of this defense.

2. NYG is right. Teams figured out our options. I saw many times the defenders baited our WRs into options then jumping the routes. They know our WR rules, and know that the WR will run a certain option based on how the defender plays them. So what teams are doing is having their defenders give them a certain look, then know where the route is going bc they know the WR rules, then they jump the route. Either we change our WR rules, or run less options, bc right now, teams figured out our passing game and it's a serious problem. I know it didn't look it superficially last night, but keep in mind that Eli still only threw 50% and for 200 yards against a soft zone defense. It's still a problem.

3. Tackling was much better last night. Chase had a great game. The problem with our LB core is they don't make plays on their own. When our DL is on fire, our LB core is not a problem. When the DL isn't dominating, we can't expect our LB core to make a play on their own. So the lack of talent in the LB core will remain until we get upgrades, but we should keep in mind it really just boils down to our DL. When they're on, everything else sorts itself out.

4. I love Corey. He had a nice bounceback after that rough play but let's face it, he's not the same Corey Webster anymore. He actually got beat several times off the jam but the deep safety saved him. He can't be trusted in iso man anymore. Ironically, Prince can however. Prince has been lights out all season and is our best CB now. He should be put on the opposition's 1 from now on.

5. Nicks still doesn't have his burst. And quite frankly, probably won't have it all season. He is what he is this season. We're gonna have to make up for it elsewhere. Unfortunately for us, I still haven't seen a consistent 3rd threat emerge and it's a problem.

6. Time for Wilson to show us what he can do.

7. I love the way we won and the way we played. But just like our losses, let's not overreact to our wins either. That was a battered GB team that didn't bring it.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-26-2012, 09:42 AM
2. NYG is right. Teams figured out our options. I saw many times the defenders baited our WRs into options then jumping the routes. They know our WR rules, and know that the WR will run a certain option based on how the defender plays them. So what teams are doing is having their defenders give them a certain look, then know where the route is going bc they know the WR rules, then they jump the route. Either we change our WR rules, or run less options, bc right now, teams figured out our passing game and it's a serious problem. I know it didn't look it superficially last night, but keep in mind that Eli still only threw 50% and for 200 yards against a soft zone defense. It's still a problem.

Thank you BBD my friend. I pointed that out on BBI. Even yesterday, on 3rd down remember Cruz running an option route, which was a square in, however, their CB got to his landmark before Cruz did. That's excellent route reading. Very good!

I did see some goods things! We added couple new formations and plays off it. I HATE THE STUPID FADE PLAY! Let me say it again.. I HATE THAT STUPID FADE PLAY! We did that damn play over and over. Stop! Just stop! Come up with something else please! Roll out, sprint out, and score that way. We need another WR step up. Hixon didn't play, so RR had a TD, but we need more!

It can't be the Cruz and Nicks show with guest appearances by MB, and RR. WE need more. We need a reoccuring appearance but just a guest spot.

Our WR rules in our system has been figured out. I said it before and I truly believe it's an issue. Mario M. for SF looked so much faster in that system because he is not processing post snap reads and what he is supposed to do. A pivot route is what he had and he ran the heck out of it. It was a great play.

Giantsfan1080
11-26-2012, 09:51 AM
Brown is a huge loss. I hope Wilson is ready even though they are totally different types of RBs.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-26-2012, 09:53 AM
He has to be. Ready or not, here he comes. I am guessing we may sign a FA as well for depth. But now this is Wilson's time.

LonghornsLegend
11-26-2012, 09:55 AM
I did see some goods things! We added couple new formations and plays off it. I HATE THE STUPID FADE PLAY! Let me say it again.. I HATE THAT STUPID FADE PLAY! We did that damn play over and over. Stop! Just stop! Come up with something else please! .

Seems like that play was working really well for you guys during the playoff run last year to Nicks though. Eli was getting some air under the ball and Nicks was out jumping everyone, seems lately Eli has been over throwing it. On those just put some air under it and give the WR a chance, I love that play to Nicks for you guys, more so then a HB dive on the goal line. Nicks is tough to stop there if he can get his hands on it.

Great game from you guys though, I'm expecting a big December from Wilson too.

OSUGiants17
11-26-2012, 10:06 AM
He has to be. Ready or not, here he comes. I am guessing we may sign a FA as well for depth. But now this is Wilson's time.

We gave Addai a workout 2 weeks ago. Might bring him in if we see struggles next week

OSUGiants17
11-26-2012, 10:39 AM
http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/giants/kenny-phillips-injures-right-knee-but-says-he-could-have-returned-1.4259971

KP is fine. Says he could have retuned but it was a blowout

OSUGiants17
11-26-2012, 11:39 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/giants-te-martellus-bennett-uses-spidey-senses-save-161018129--nfl.html

Black Unicorn strikes again! The dude has had some great quotes this year.

Giantsfan1080
11-26-2012, 12:38 PM
So we beat Washington next week and we win the division pretty much. I hope we put Bob in his place.

bigbluedefense
11-26-2012, 12:39 PM
Seems like that play was working really well for you guys during the playoff run last year to Nicks though. Eli was getting some air under the ball and Nicks was out jumping everyone, seems lately Eli has been over throwing it. On those just put some air under it and give the WR a chance, I love that play to Nicks for you guys, more so then a HB dive on the goal line. Nicks is tough to stop there if he can get his hands on it.

Great game from you guys though, I'm expecting a big December from Wilson too.

Nicks can't lift the same way this year. That's part of the problem too. One of the fades, he put it on the money and it went through his hands too. I didn't particularly like how we were running up the score on them. Not typical of Coughlin.

I think them talking smack all offseason about how the Giants didn't beat them that they beat themselves probably caused some of that. But that's bad karma though.

bigbluedefense
11-26-2012, 12:40 PM
So we beat Washington next week and we win the division pretty much. I hope we put Bob in his place.

This week, more than any other week, will test our tackling ability as a defense. If I'm Fewell, I hammer that home all week long. Tackle, tackle, tackle.

Look at your guy, don't duck your head, wrap up, don't wait for help, don't let the play come to you, go to the play. Basic fundamentals that I too often see the Giants fail to correct.

Tackling is gonna be very important vs Bob and that run game.

Giantsfan1080
11-26-2012, 12:55 PM
The 3 safety set is going to be huge also. Redskins love to attack deep once or twice after they go short the whole game. Kenny is so much more important than anyone realized as last night showed.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-26-2012, 01:01 PM
Stopping Morris is the key. That guy impressed me a lot more than Bob does. Morris is a bowling ball who seems to bounce off guys and gets positive yards.

Giantsfan1080
11-26-2012, 01:02 PM
He's very impressive and opens up the Griffin passing game. I agree if we can stop him that will severely limit what that offense can do.

bigbluedefense
11-26-2012, 01:04 PM
I think Kenny is more important to re-sign than Joseph. At the end of the day, Joseph is a 2 down run stuffing NT who offers no pass rush ability. He's not a premium player with premium skills.

It's much harder replacing Phillips than it is replacing Joseph. We gotta factor that into the equation.

Giantsfan1080
11-26-2012, 01:07 PM
Yes Phillips is more important than Joseph but you're underrating Joseph big time.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-26-2012, 01:12 PM
Defense played very well. But now that we showed these formations and looks, let's see how things unfold as teams have more film on us. I think that's the trend every year. I think we don't add as many tendency breakers as other teams. Injuries and poor coordinators also contributed to our Nov. swoon.

I was very impressed with the defense, BUT... let's see if they can do that as they show more on tape. And let's see them be consistent for off. We won against the 9ers and then our defense got owned.

3 safety look is fine, but more importantly we blitzed more. Even Cb blitzes and delay blitzes and it was refreshing to see.

bigbluedefense
11-26-2012, 01:59 PM
Defense played very well. But now that we showed these formations and looks, let's see how things unfold as teams have more film on us. I think that's the trend every year. I think we don't add as many tendency breakers as other teams. Injuries and poor coordinators also contributed to our Nov. swoon.

I was very impressed with the defense, BUT... let's see if they can do that as they show more on tape. And let's see them be consistent for off. We won against the 9ers and then our defense got owned.

3 safety look is fine, but more importantly we blitzed more. Even Cb blitzes and delay blitzes and it was refreshing to see.

It really wasn't any different from anything we did before to be honest. Guys just executed. I think health had a lot to do with it. Also GB's OL being avg at best also helped.

GB didn't do what most teams do to us: Max protect and chip. They're a wide open offense they don't like keeping guys in to block like that, and you can't do that vs our defense.

Giantsfan1080
11-26-2012, 02:01 PM
None of the teams really scare me. We could beat anyone and that's why it gets so frustrating when we lose to teams like the Bengals in that fashion. At our best we win another Super Bowl but for whatever reason we don't always bring it.

bigbluedefense
11-26-2012, 02:05 PM
We can beat any team. We can lose to any team. That's the Giants.

I don't think we have enough this year though. Our secondary isn't as good as last year, and our offense isn't as good as last year. That's what's gonna eventually do us in. Our offense.

Last year we had Nicks and Cruz. And you couldn't double both. And in the event you could take both of them out, we had Mario who offered 1 to 2 big plays a game to counter that.

This year we have a hobbled Nicks who isn't nearly as effective as last year, Cruz, and that's it. That is gonna hurt us eventually in the playoffs.

Giantsfan1080
11-26-2012, 02:08 PM
Nicks, Cruz, and Eli will roll the next 5 weeks. Randle will step up and become an adequate 3rd WR. If Wilson gets his carries he'll open it up also. It comes down to the OL for me.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-26-2012, 02:30 PM
It really wasn't any different from anything we did before to be honest. Guys just executed. I think health had a lot to do with it. Also GB's OL being avg at best also helped.

GB didn't do what most teams do to us: Max protect and chip. They're a wide open offense they don't like keeping guys in to block like that, and you can't do that vs our defense.

It was different. On both sides of the ball it was different. I noticed that right off from the 1st play on offense with the great designed screen pass. That was a great play and good design. On offense, we saw split back formation with Brown and Bradshaw. On defense, we saw different things. That's all good, now I just want to see game to game with this defense if that level of play still raises or does it dip.

On offense which I like the best, I saw a lot of new things. I was happy by that. We showed some balls and I loved going for it on 4th down. We played aggressive and that went down to play calling. That's exactly what I want to see!

bigbluedefense
11-26-2012, 02:48 PM
It was different. On both sides of the ball it was different. I noticed that right off from the 1st play on offense with the great designed screen pass. That was a great play and good design. On offense, we saw split back formation with Brown and Bradshaw. On defense, we saw different things. That's all good, now I just want to see game to game with this defense if that level of play still raises or does it dip.

On offense which I like the best, I saw a lot of new things. I was happy by that. We showed some balls and I loved going for it on 4th down. We played aggressive and that went down to play calling. That's exactly what I want to see!

Eh. Our coverage shells weren't any different from before. The only difference was an occasional blitz and stunt up front. The shells were the same.

We did run more Cover 2 invert. That was the only noticeable difference to me.

Giantsfan1080
11-26-2012, 03:12 PM
Andre Brown was placed on short term IR but sounds like he'd only make it back for the Super Bowl if we happen to get back there.

Forenci
11-26-2012, 03:36 PM

I don't know, I felt like we sent a lot more A gap pressure on our blitzes than normal. Maybe it was just me though.

BaLLiN
11-26-2012, 03:51 PM
RB's to look at:

Jordan Toddman (Minnesota Practice Squad) probably too inexperienced

Thomas Jones (Free Agent) probably too old
Earnest Graham (Free Agent) probably too old

Ryan Grant (Free Agent) probably sucks too much
Tim Hightower (Free Agent) maybe
Mewelde Moore (Free Agent) maybe

Sammy Morris (Free Agent) probably too old
Mike Sellers (Free Agent) probably too old

Steve Slaton (Free Agent) maybe

Edit: out of all these players I feel like Slaton, Moore, or Hightower could be a good pickups.

Malaka
11-26-2012, 06:05 PM
There is a reason no one has picked up Ryan Grant. He must have an injury of some kind.

Moore or Hightower seems right up Coughlin's alley.

Slaton is way too fumble-prone.

Damix
11-27-2012, 09:03 AM
Moore, Hightower or Addai would make the most sense - they'll want someone who pass protects.

bigbluedefense
11-27-2012, 09:04 AM
I rather just give Wilson snaps. This late in the season, I don't want a washed up RB. It doesn't really solve anything.

Bring back Petrus!

Damix
11-27-2012, 09:07 AM
I rather just give Wilson snaps. This late in the season, I don't want a washed up RB. It doesn't really solve anything.

Bring back Petrus!

Oh yea definitely want Wilson and Bradshaw to get all the meaningful snaps, but if one goes down I just want a RB that can protect Eli and no fumble.

Petrus is on New England BBD.

Giantsfan1080
11-27-2012, 09:13 AM
We can't have just 2 RB's on the roster so we do need to sign someone. I expect an announcement later today on who that is. Wilson should get more of the snaps now though.

bigbluedefense
11-27-2012, 09:23 AM
We can't have just 2 RB's on the roster so we do need to sign someone. I expect an announcement later today on who that is. Wilson should get more of the snaps now though.

Don't we still have the kid from Maryland? Scott?

Oh yea definitely want Wilson and Bradshaw to get all the meaningful snaps, but if one goes down I just want a RB that can protect Eli and no fumble.

Petrus is on New England BBD.

NE is just trolling us at this point.

scottyboy
11-27-2012, 09:34 AM
Scott's been on the roster, inactive though for all the games I believe. Wonder if he or Jersey Joe gets the call

Giantsfan1080
11-27-2012, 09:41 AM
Scott was placed on IR a long time ago.

scottyboy
11-27-2012, 10:01 AM
Scott was placed on IR a long time ago.

totally missed that one. Probably why we haven't heard is name in forever. Yeah, we're definitely gonna sign someone like Hightower or Addai

LTgiants
11-27-2012, 01:06 PM
Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo
Giants will sign free agent RB Kregg Lumpkin today

Forenci
11-27-2012, 01:20 PM
Gross. Kregg Lumpkin? Really?

I'd rather grab someone like Addai who at the very least can catch the ball and pass block well.

J-Mike88
11-27-2012, 01:38 PM
Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo
Giants will sign free agent RB Kregg Lumpkin today
Former Packer.
Surprised it wasn't former Packer and Giant Ryan Grant.

Hey question for you guys.
Which team do you think poses the greater threat to beating you in the playoffs?

@ Atlanta
@ San Francisco
@ Chicago

I am not even putting our swiss cheeseheads on here because our swiss cheese defense makes Eli look like 1984 Dam Marino every time. We're no threat to you guys.

You shut out Atlanta last year in the playoffs.
You kicked the 49ers asses this year already in the gBay area.
And the Bears are frauds IMO, but who knows.

Damix
11-27-2012, 01:38 PM
Oh man we tried out Cadillac too. I know his knees are done but he was one of my favorite players.

Giantsfan1080
11-27-2012, 01:42 PM
Lumpkin can catch Forenci. He had 41 catches last year in limited time. I don't think he gets much action anyway unless we use him in goal line like we did with brown.

Giantsfan1080
11-27-2012, 01:43 PM
Former Packer.

Which team do you think poses the greater threat to beating you in the playoffs?

@ Atlanta
@ San Francisco
@ Chicago

I am not even putting our swiss cheeseheads on here because our swiss cheese defense makes Eli look like 1984 Dam Marino every time. We're no threat to you guys.

I'd say SF out of those 3. We can beat anyone if we play up to our standards though as we've already seen.

Forenci
11-27-2012, 02:01 PM
Lumpkin can catch Forenci. He had 41 catches last year in limited time. I don't think he gets much action anyway unless we use him in goal line like we did with brown.

Very true. I overlooked that. However, I'm curious on how good of a pass blocker he is. I know Addai was pretty awesome at that.

I'm hoping he doesn't see a ton of time but with this coaching staff you never really know what to expect. I really like Wilson though and want to see him get some more touches.

I can never get a feel for Bradshaw either. One game he looks washed up and just runs into the backs of our offensive line and the next he's making great cuts and showing some burst.

Big_Pete
11-27-2012, 02:10 PM
We will bring in a Rb, my money is on Addai or Martinek

But the reality is Wilson will get the first shot to split reps with Bradshaw.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wilson steps up, he could easily be the spark our offense needs down the stretch and into the playoffs.

Giantsfan1080
11-27-2012, 02:12 PM
We will bring in a Rb, my money is on Addai or Martinek

But the reality is Wilson will get the first shot to split reps with Bradshaw.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wilson steps up, he could easily be the spark our offense needs down the stretch and into the playoffs.

We already signed someone. Kregg Lumpkin.

Giantsfan1080
11-27-2012, 02:17 PM
Some speculation now that we're also going to sign Ryan Torain. I don't know what the corresponding roster move would be for that.

Damix
11-27-2012, 03:05 PM
I think hes a more talented runner then Lumpkin, wasn't it always an injury issue with him?

J-Mike88
11-27-2012, 04:00 PM
I think hes a more talented runner then Lumpkin, wasn't it always an injury issue with him?
Only when he was a Packer.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-27-2012, 04:10 PM
Former Packer.

@ Atlanta
@ San Francisco
@ Chicago

It depends on our team. It really comes down to the defense and injuries same things I always say prior to the season. If fewell has a great game plan, which he showed against you guys AND the 9ers, I think we can beat any team in this league. We have that much talent.

However, every regular season, it's a rollar coaster ride. The defense is usually always the focus point. This year our offense slumped and struggled in the red zone. This is new for this year. But if our defense gets their heads out of their butts, only real threat who I know we can't beat or proved to beat, are the Saints.

I think the Saints have the ability to kill us yet again. If the Saints win last year against the 9ers, and we play them in that Doom Dome, we lose.

But when things click and we get on fire like we showed, no team is a threat. Saints loss was huge. So I am assuming they don't make it. So I think we can handle any team.

bigbluedefense
11-27-2012, 05:42 PM
Former Packer.

@ Atlanta
@ San Francisco
@ Chicago

The Giants can beat anybody. The Giants can lose to anybody. We're a Jekyl and Hyde team.

Of those 3 teams, the one I'd least want to see is San Fransisco. That defense means business.

Giantsfan1080
11-27-2012, 06:13 PM
Ryan Torain official also.

LTgiants
11-27-2012, 06:14 PM
Ryan Torain official also.

They waived Selvish Capers for him.

Also off topic GF respond back to my pm.

Big_Pete
11-27-2012, 07:08 PM
We already signed someone. Kregg Lumpkin.

Never heard of him, what's the info on him?

J-Mike88
11-27-2012, 08:58 PM
Never heard of him, what's the info on him?
Nice kid, decent..... I'd compare him to a slower and less agile Ben Tate.
Wasn't good enough somehow to make our roster 2 or 3 years ago, even though your RB's are always better than ours are.

BaLLiN
11-27-2012, 10:29 PM
Lumpkin and Torain....couldn't even try out steve slaton? come on...

scottyboy
11-28-2012, 02:12 AM
slaton is garbage and not close to what we need though

Forenci
11-28-2012, 02:15 AM
Agreed. He sucks big ol' donkey balls.

bigbluedefense
11-28-2012, 08:10 AM
Let's just hope that we won't have to rely on any of them.

Did anyone scoop up Darrell Scott? Why couldn't we use him?

BigBlueNorwegian
11-28-2012, 08:19 AM
Let's just hope that we won't have to rely on any of them.

Did anyone scoop up Darrell Scott? Why couldn't we use him?

He's on IR. Not sure when, or why, but the roster on Giants.com has him on IR.

Giantsfan1080
11-28-2012, 08:29 AM
He had a leg injury. It was a long time ago already.

LTgiants
11-28-2012, 08:50 AM
He had a leg injury. It was a long time ago already.

Even if he was healthy they would still have signed a RB. Also CHECK YOUR DAM PMS Giantsfan.

Giantsfan1080
11-28-2012, 08:55 AM
We signed 2 RB's.

LTgiants
11-28-2012, 08:57 AM
We signed 2 RB's.

I know if Scott was healthy we probably only would have signed one.

Wootylicous
11-28-2012, 09:05 AM
Off topic but I went back and read some 2007 threads and GRF was on point about Eli Manning. It pains me to tell that.

its his name..... what is there to not comment about....

And Eli is a top 10 QB imo. people asked me to post my opinions, so i did so.

I think he is. He's more of a game changer then most of the QB's you guys mentioned. I watch him week in, week out. and I am telling you that theres something about the guy. I see the guy come through and put us in a position to win games a hell of a lot....

Im done with this topic and dont need to be baited into continuing this topic. I said my piece, and thats it. agree/disagree i dont really care.....

Giantsfan1080
11-28-2012, 09:09 AM
Well none of us here ever doubted Manning either. We all supported him even when it looked bleak.

Wootylicous
11-28-2012, 09:11 AM
I know that! but peeps in this thread were saying **** to him for even putting him in the top 10 category saying he was no better than Leftwich and Damon ******* Huard

Forenci
11-28-2012, 09:16 AM
I know that! but peeps in this thread were saying **** to him for even putting him in the top 10 category saying he was no better than Leftwich and Damon ******* Huard

My favorite thread was the one saying Bruce Gradkowski was better than Eli.

Wootylicous
11-28-2012, 09:17 AM
Intangibles are the worst part of Eli's game. He shows no leadership, he has no pocket presence, he's a *****, and he generally locks up in the clutch. His stats actually make him look better than he really is. As for your list.

People definately better:
1)Peyton
2)Brady
3)Palmer
4)Brees
5)Bulger
6)McNabb
7)Big Ben
8)Cutler
9)Hasselbeck
10)Vick
11)Pennington
12)Philip Rivers

People probably better:
13)Tony Romo
14)J.P Losman
15)Vince Young

People at about Eli's level:
16)Damon Huard
17)Steve McNair
18)Brett Favre
19)Rex Grossman
20)Alex Smith
21)Byron Leftwich

Here is BF and his rankings lol

bigbluedefense
11-28-2012, 09:25 AM

I always felt he was a top 10 qb at worst, but I held those opinions to myself on the NFL boards bc of the flame wars that ensued. All of us here felt that way.

bigbluedefense
11-28-2012, 09:26 AM
Here is BF and his rankings lol

BF has a lot of opinions about football that I strongly disagree with. I think my viewpoint on the game and his are almost complete opposites.

He loves Cover 2. What more do you need to know.

Giantsfan1080
11-28-2012, 09:34 AM
Show that to BF!!! Shame him to death. The locks up in the cluth part is the worst in that description. The one thing Eli always was that we held onto here was his clutch factor. Even when he struggled mightily he led us back in the 4th numerous times.

bigbluedefense
11-28-2012, 09:35 AM
He still has terrible qb ratings. Every time he talks about quarterbacks it hurts my eyes.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-28-2012, 03:58 PM
People like him should be banned and not allowed to watch the sport. What a troll and clueless person when it comes to the game.

Rosebud
11-28-2012, 06:16 PM
Eli's always been the kinda guy where you either see him lead the team back time after time and understand why he's special, or you just don't. Debating Eli has and will always be pointless.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-29-2012, 11:40 AM
Eli's always been the kinda guy where you either see him lead the team back time after time and understand why he's special, or you just don't. Debating Eli has and will always be pointless.

I agree! However, Eli is one the most polarizing people in the nFL. It would seem debates always seem to pop up regarding him. He will always be talked about.

Giantsfan1080
12-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Phillips doubtful for this game is not good.

Out
TE Travis Beckum - Knee (DNP)

Doubtful
S Kenny Phillips - Knee (LP)
LB Jaquian Williams Knee (LP)

Questionable
T David Diehl - Shoulder (LP)
WR Domenik Hixon - Ankle (LP)
DE Jason Pierre-Paul - Back (DNP)

Probable
C David Baas - Shoulder (FP)
RB Ahmad Bradshaw - Foot (LP)
CB Jayron Hosley - Shoulder (FP)
S Antrel Rolle - Illness (DNP)
DE Justin Tuck - Foot (DNP)

NY+Giants=NYG
12-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Beckum hurt again?! How did that happen? He did nothing!! I am really not starting to think we should re-sign KP. I'd rather use Brown or draft a safety at some point. This guy has played what? 5 games out of the 11?

scottyboy
12-01-2012, 03:49 PM
Beckum hurt again?! How did that happen? He did nothing!! I am really not starting to think we should re-sign KP. I'd rather use Brown or draft a safety at some point. This guy has played what? 5 games out of the 11?

but the games he's played the difference in our D was night and day. We need to keep him

NY+Giants=NYG
12-01-2012, 04:58 PM
If he plays and when he does. I am not breaking the bank for a guy whose knee is degenerative and thus he barely plays.

Rosebud
12-02-2012, 05:16 AM
Who says we're gunna need to break the bank to keep him?

NY+Giants=NYG
12-02-2012, 11:32 AM
http://m.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/engineering_coaching_powered_giants_WwxYTCUg5wkAe1 a2mXVhFI

BigBlueNorwegian
12-03-2012, 03:37 AM
http://m.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/engineering_coaching_powered_giants_WwxYTCUg5wkAe1 a2mXVhFI

And that is the way we want it to be. I want to keep Gilbride here for as long as Eli plays. I mean, he has his flaws as a playcaller as well. But you can't argue the end results. Do I wish we were better in the red-zone? Yes. Do I wish we would call more creative plays from time to time? Yes.

But in the end, a perennially top ten ranked scoring offense, and two Super Bowls makes me think we'd be much better off keeping him for as long as we can. There are a lot of crappy Offensive coordinators out there.

Forenci
12-03-2012, 04:36 AM
I mean, I could make an argument. He's had an absurd amount of offensive talent in his time here as a coach. He has a potential HOF QB and arguably one of the best and most clutch players at the position of all time (or at least in the top 5 for sure). Arguably, with a better and more simple system we would put up Green Bay type numbers. Not to mention his situational play calling is pretty poor.

Now that said, I understand we're attached to Gilbride at the hip until Coughlin or Eli is gone but I believe our offensive could be truly special in the right hands.

BigBlueNorwegian
12-03-2012, 05:41 AM
I mean, I could make an argument. He's had an absurd amount of offensive talent in his time here as a coach. He has a potential HOF QB and arguably one of the best and most clutch players at the position of all time (or at least in the top 5 for sure). Arguably, with a better and more simple system we would put up Green Bay type numbers. Not to mention his situational play calling is pretty poor.

Now that said, I understand we're attached to Gilbride at the hip until Coughlin or Eli is gone but I believe our offensive could be truly special in the right hands.

Yeah, I can also envision our offense being even more potent with an even better playcaller. But who else is out there who is better and available? I feel that if we change OC now, whether it'd be forced upon us or voluntarily, We'd be more likely to downgrade than upgrade our offense.

I guess I just feel that the grass wouldn't necessarily be greener on the other side of the fence.

Rosebud
12-03-2012, 07:05 AM
I'd rather just let Eli call his own plays the way Big Brother does.

Giantsfan1080
12-03-2012, 09:12 AM
Let's lock up this division tonight with a W!!

BigBlueNorwegian
12-03-2012, 09:52 AM
Let's lock up this division tonight with a W!!

Preaching to the choir! But we will probably lose, because Giants, to borrow a Rosebud phrase.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-03-2012, 10:02 AM

I do too! I always said in a new system, Eli would put up even bigger numbers! I still do this day will say it. I hope I get to see Eli play in another system before Eli retires.

But also the flip side is this.. Eli didn't become a HOF QB until Gilbride took over. If Huffy still was our OC, I think Eli would be released. I don't think Eli becomes good at all. In fact, he would be a bust who most likely isn't on the team right now. It was Gilbride who saved Eli's career.

Giantsfan1080
12-03-2012, 11:46 AM
Phillips made the trip to DC so that's a good sign. Hopefully he'll be able to give it a go come gametime.

Forenci
12-03-2012, 11:48 AM
Good, good.

And for me, KP is a must sign. Our team defense is just so much better with him. He doesn't get all the hype and glamour of safeties who get turn overs but most QB's don't throw near him because they know how good he is playing deep safety.

Plus, with his injury history and not being a headline name I feel we could get him for a very reasonable deal.

I wish I could find that quote about Kenny from Jason Witten. It sums it up pretty well.

scottyboy
12-03-2012, 11:57 AM
"When 21's in the post, we don't even try anything deep because we know he can go back and get it"

Damix
12-03-2012, 12:12 PM
KP is quite important to what we do but as NYG says, it is so hard to trust his health at this point. Hopefully we can him back cheap.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-03-2012, 12:28 PM
You can't invest money a guy who can't stay healthy. Its not just him. Rivers is injury prone, Beckum is injury prone, and how JW is hurt with a knee since the 9ers game. But usually he has a hamstring. Justin Tuck is another one. Nicks is one, but I think we almost do have to re-sign but not break the bank for. He is basically Justin Tuck of offense.

We have injury prone players on this team who fans like but realistically you can't keep throwing money at guys who are not even playing.

Rosebud
12-03-2012, 12:30 PM
That's silly, of course you can invest money into injury prone guys, it's just important that it's not too much money, that you have some decent cover for the games he'll miss and that your team doesn't have too many injury prone guys.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-03-2012, 12:33 PM
That's silly, of course you can invest money into injury prone guys, it's just important that it's not too much money, that you have some decent cover for the games he'll miss and that your team doesn't have too many injury prone guys.

Of course not, You don't dump money into guys who don't see the field. Tuck will be a big one. We will be at a cross roads soon where guys we like as fans will either need to re-signed or not. Reese has to make some big time decisions soon.

How many FA do we have after this season?

Rosebud
12-03-2012, 12:50 PM
*shrug* you do if they're elite players and you don't have elite replacements. I.e. I'd rather have Nicks and Phillips for just 12 games a year plus playoffs than have average replacement that play all 16 games plus playoffs. Tuck's a little different cause he's not just injury prone but also old and I think getting ready to retire soon, so him I'd be much more skeptical about paying, but Nicks and Phillips IMO are still guys we should keep provided we get a little injury discount.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-03-2012, 01:09 PM
*shrug* you do if they're elite players and you don't have elite replacements. I.e. I'd rather have Nicks and Phillips for just 12 games a year plus playoffs than have average replacement that play all 16 games plus playoffs. Tuck's a little different cause he's not just injury prone but also old and I think getting ready to retire soon, so him I'd be much more skeptical about paying, but Nicks and Phillips IMO are still guys we should keep provided we get a little injury discount.

How many of those guys are elite players currently? KP is elite? Tuck is elite? Nicks is elite? I can buy Nicks. He is a great player, WHEN HEALTHY.. And I wouldn't break the bank for him.

Now if we get an injury discount fine. I will play ball for that. I don't think KP can stay healthy as he gets older. The knee right now is a mess. I think it will be a re-occuring issue.

How many games did KP miss this season? Has it been more than 4? And it's not just missing games, it's being hurt and affecting your play. If someone can miss a game and come back 100% cool, but these types of things affect a player and linger which is an issue.

River is always hurt, Beckum is always hurt, and JW seems to be like Rivers. This time it's a knee since the SF game. Last season I believe it was a hamstring. They are not elite players but just more injury prone players.

scottyboy
12-03-2012, 01:22 PM
Nicks and KP are elite at their respective positions. Again, it's when healthy. But I'll take them for 12 games and a few at 75% over full seasons of Barden, Sash, Brown etc. Gotta think the talent levels of them and their replacements versus the pay.

Giantsfan1080
12-03-2012, 01:53 PM
Nicks and KP need to stay. I don't think we'd have to break the bank for them either.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-03-2012, 02:32 PM
I do think Nicks may command a bigger contract than KP. So that would be very interesting to see.

Giantsfan1080
12-03-2012, 02:55 PM
We are coming to a major crossroads with a lot of our talent. As I've been saying I'm shocked we haven't seen any extensions yet.

LonghornsLegend
12-03-2012, 03:40 PM
Nicks and KP need to stay. I don't think we'd have to break the bank for them either.

What would you consider breaking the bank? If I had to guess, he'd command more then VJ on the open market pretty easily. I always felt his deal would be the trickiest because on talent and production alone he's worth top dollar, but injury concerns may make Reese hesitant to do it.

BigBlueNorwegian
12-03-2012, 03:47 PM
I'm in the Re-sign Nicks and KP camp. We have to keep those two. And of course Cruz. I would also really like to keep Joseph, but everyone else nearing the end of their contract I can live with leaving. But those four are our core players who are still pretty young. Yes, some of them are injury prone. But they are very good, young players.

Not sure if it's realistic to manage to re-sign everyone of them, but I hope so.

Giantsfan1080
12-03-2012, 04:44 PM
What would you consider breaking the bank? If I had to guess, he'd command more then VJ on the open market pretty easily. I always felt his deal would be the trickiest because on talent and production alone he's worth top dollar, but injury concerns may make Reese hesitant to do it.

It's very tough with Nicks but you have to bring him back. We saw how bad the offense played when Nicks didn't play. If the cap goes up a lot in the next few years I wouldn't mind giving him a VJ type of deal.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-03-2012, 09:37 PM
Yeah Nicks has to come back. I don't think you let that talent go UNLESS he wants insane money. The issue is our system too. It's not like any Tom, Richard, or harry, can step in and start for us due to the WR sight adjustment rules. That's why losing people on offense especially TEs is annoying.

Our system is just to tough to get guys to learn perfectly and even then they may not know it 100%. So high turnover on offense is not good for us.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-03-2012, 09:47 PM
God our passing game is tough to watch at times.

BigBlueNorwegian
12-03-2012, 10:57 PM
The media is probably going to blame this on Tynes for missing that 43-yarder, but I refuse to do so. It is only to be expected that he misses every now and then when he's required to try FGs 500 million times every game because our offense sputters once they can see the endzone.

******* lame loss, and totally avoidable if we hadn't bitten ourselves in the ass with penalties and ****** third down completion percentage both ways.

And on defense, my God, how many times are you going to bite on the same ******* play. That play action post pass to Garcon? They did that one at least five times successfully, including in obvious passing situations like before halftime in the two minute drill, and on the decisive first down so they could run out the clock. That is horrible ******* discipline and awareness, making it to easy for Bob (who is, by the way a ******* ******** stupid dickhead). I hate him with a passion.

And of course to round out the perfect evening, Locklear gets what looks to be a serious injury, so now we have to watch Diehl allow pressures on Eli all throughout December and in the playoffs if we even get there. ****!!!

And I don't even know why I'm so pissed off at this game, because it was to be expected from the Giants. But this loss really rubbed me the wrong way. Anyways, it's 6 AM in Norway, so i'm off to bed to get my two hours of sleep.

End Rant.

scottyboy
12-03-2012, 11:40 PM
yeah, a better scoring offense would be cool. I miss getting touchdowns

NY+Giants=NYG
12-03-2012, 11:48 PM
We are still in a offensive funk. Except now we have injuries, and our D stll stinks and our special teams gets flagged every game it would seem. This offense needs an enema!

31st ranked pass defense, and we stay balanced. I am starting to despise our two coordinators. The game plan offensively was nonsense!

Balance, to rack up a high TOP to keep Bob off the field! Amazing, except we stink in the red zone! So all we are doing to shortening the game to kick FGs! Yippee!

1st down pass, 2nd down run, 3rd and long pass, FG

I am really starting to hate our system.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-03-2012, 11:48 PM
I know you wanted to control the ball and Bradshaw was running fairly well but you did your offense a disservice by not picking our D apart through the air.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-03-2012, 11:52 PM
I know you wanted to control the ball and Bradshaw was running fairly well but you did your offense a disservice by not picking our D apart through the air.

Welcome to my personal hell. We won 2 SBs so in my hell, no coaches can fired.

31st ranked pass D, and we urge balance! Amazing game plan offensive coaches! Maybe we can shorten the game and out kick the redskins. Tynes is on his way to have an epic season kicking the ball!

OSUGiants17
12-04-2012, 12:23 AM
The penalties killed us tonight. Can't win committing dumb penalties, we win a close game if we don't have all those false starts/holding calls. Also, that 3rd & 20 screen when we were losing with 4 minutes left was the dumbest play call I have ever seen.....like ever

Rosebud
12-04-2012, 04:53 AM
I didn't watch the game, still in Berlin, but I'm glad we lost, means there'll be some sort of pressure on the guys down the stretch, so that we have to win those games and can go into the playoffs with momentum.

Giantsfan1080
12-04-2012, 08:09 AM
Hard to blame the D on this one when they only gave up 17 points with one of the TD's being "unlucky."

NY+Giants=NYG
12-04-2012, 09:58 AM
They are not a clutch D at all. The offensive right now is in a slump still. You know it's bad when you can't move the ball consistently on the 31st ranked pass defense. That's just bad.

And in the red zone, once again we settle or FGs. Just terrible!

OSUGiants17
12-04-2012, 10:45 AM
They are not a clutch D at all. The offensive right now is in a slump still. You know it's bad when you can't move the ball consistently on the 31st ranked pass defense. That's just bad.

And in the red zone, once again we settle or FGs. Just terrible!

We were not in a slump last night, Eli looked great and we moved the ball well until we committed so many dumb penalties and Gilbride made stupid play calls. The offense didn't look to be in a slump unless you consider dumb plays and even dumber penalties a slump.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-04-2012, 10:51 AM
We were not in a slump last night, Eli looked great and we moved the ball well until we committed so many dumb penalties and Gilbride made stupid play calls. The offense didn't look to be in a slump unless you consider dumb plays and even dumber penalties a slump.

Of course we were. 16 points?! And just one TD, and rest were FGs. That's BS man!

Yeah penalties played a factor, but so did play calling, so did the game plan, and guess what? We still SUCK in the red zone, yet again! We score FGs, while the opponent score TDs.

Giantsfan1080
12-04-2012, 10:55 AM
Wilson needs to get 10-12 carries a game at this point. The playcalling is horrible on 2nd and 3rd and long.

This is being very revisionist but Coughlin really should have went for it on 4th & 11. Put the ball in Eli's hands there.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-04-2012, 11:03 AM
I said that as it was happening. Old man coughlin, and no creativity. Why not have a fake punt? Or go for it worse comes to worse.

We watched Whisenhunt try something because his QB was garbage. Do something!

Just a very bad game coaching. Stupid game plan, stupid play calling, add injuries, and penalties, and this was a **** show!

Giantsfan1080
12-04-2012, 11:33 AM
I think you're making it out to be much worse than it really was. We lost by a point on the road to an average team who wanted to beat us in the worst way.

There are obviously a few flaws with this team but if we clean some of the stuff up we'll be fine.

I am worried about the Locklear injury. Diehl needs to find himself circa 2009.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-04-2012, 11:39 AM
I think you're making it out to be much worse than it really was. We lost by a point on the road to an average team who wanted to beat us in the worst way.

There are obviously a few flaws with this team but if we clean some of the stuff up we'll be fine.

I am worried about the Locklear injury. Diehl needs to find himself circa 2009.

I don't think so. I been spot on along the way. I said it was the system and BBD and I went back and forth, back and forth, and finally he said NYG was right, which was nice of him. But this is my side of the ball, so I guess this stuff comes easy to me.

We lost to a team with the 31st ranked pass defense, and our red zone issues again reared their ugly heads. Play calling was terrible and bush league. We went from an all out aggressive going for it on 4th down over and over and willing to pass like heck against the packers, so a bush league play calling which has been par for this season.

And then we had penalties, bad pass protection, injuries AND to top if off ran 3rd down routes under the 1st down marker, lol.

I doubt we clean it up. Penalties? Sure, injuries happen, but our play calling, game plan, and red zone offense won't change. The system is getting stale. We barely can get open against 2nd last pass defense in the league.

The game plan was balance while getting a high TOP to keep Bob off the field. Excellent, if you assume we will score TDs instead of FGs. Bad assumption, however, because all year long we have been consistent in kicking FGs. So in essence, we are shortening the game and chances for us, and then getting 3, while the opposing offense is getting 7.

This has happened all season long! I am tired of this!

Forenci
12-04-2012, 11:50 AM
I'm a little worried about this team. Fortunately our division is pretty awful or I'd be extremely concerned. We have a tough few games left.

I did see some good signs at least. Bennett appears to be healthier. Our deep ball defense is SO much better with KP. Everything they got was underneath or midfield because our idiot linebackers bit on the play action EVERY SINGLE TIME. I can't really blame Fewell too much. We did pretty well. Our linebackers just keep falling for it over and over. They need to be able to diagnose the play.

Joseph was a clown last night. Not to mention he did nothing to stop Morris anyways. I have no problems letting him go in all honesty, and this isn't a gut reaction. One dimensional player and it's not as if he's an elite run stuffer.

Giantsfan1080
12-04-2012, 11:55 AM
Yet we're 7-5 and in control of our destiny. This game wasn't a **** show as you described. It was a tough loss to a division opponent on the road where we could have easily won.

Forenci
12-04-2012, 11:57 AM
We just need to take care of business against some tough teams. That's the tough thing about it.

Giantsfan1080
12-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Joseph was pulling the guy out of the pile and Lichenstein kicked him. Joseph was going to stomp him to retaliate but stopped himself midway. I don't think it was a big deal. Joseph held the line last night also so I don't know what you're talking about. It wasn't his fault the LB's and Rolle couldn't wrap Morris up. I don't think anyone ever said Jospeh was elite at anything but besides him and JPP we haven't seen much from the DL this year.

Tuck should walk unless he comes back on a team friendly deal. I've seen enough of him this year to know he'll never be the same player again.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-04-2012, 11:59 AM
Yet we're 7-5 and in control of our destiny. This game wasn't a **** show as you described. It was a tough loss to a division opponent on the road where we could have easily won.

Yeah it was, bad play calling, the game plan stunk, penalties galore on special teams and on the OL. Just a bad game. We got out coached. The good things I saw with aggressive Coughlin last game was wiped away by this game with the bush league stuff we ran. We had this game, and the lead, but we settle for 3 and the opponent scores TD. How many times has this happened this season?

This was a game we needed to have. I don't have confidence against the Sains and then Ravens. We have issues with Morris, what happens when we play Ray Rice!

We are 7-5, but let's see what happens with the remaining teams. Saints, Ravens, Falcons, and Eagles. We have the amazing ability to lose to all of them.

Giantsfan1080
12-04-2012, 12:00 PM
We just need to take care of business against some tough teams. That's the tough thing about it.

That's when we play our best anyways.

Giantsfan1080
12-04-2012, 12:02 PM
Yeah it was, bad play calling, the game plan stunk, penalties galore on special teams and on the OL. Just a bad game. We got out coached. The good things I saw with aggressive Coughlin last game was wiped away by this game with the bush league stuff we ran. We had this game, and the lead, but we settle for 3 and the opponent scores TD. How many times has this happened this season?

This was a game we needed to have. I don't have confidence against the Sains and then Ravens. We have issues with Morris, what happens when we play Ray Rice!

We are 7-5, but let's see what happens with the remaining teams. Saints, Ravens, Falcons, and Eagles. We have the amazing ability to lose to all of them.

And the amazing ability to beat every single one of them. Falcons and Ravens aren't all that good despite their records.

Forenci
12-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Meh, I suppose I am somebody who believes you take each season and each game as an individual event. I don't believe it's hard to win back to back championships because each season is it's own.

Same with the whole backs against our wall thing. I just think we rely way to heavily on this as Giants fans when most teams would be extremely concerned right now.

And I didn't see anything special from Josepeh at all. I'm not really sure what you're seeing but he made almost no impact. Did he occupy a blocker? Sure. But you need to be able to disengage and make a play as all good tackle should be able to.

I blame our linebackers to extent, but I blame them more for not staying disciplined and killing us in the pass game more. Our defensive line was getting blown up all night by the Redskins line. Alfred had huge holes to run through.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-04-2012, 12:08 PM
And the amazing ability to beat every single one of them. Falcons and Ravens aren't all that good despite their records.

True, but the way we are playing right now, I don't see it.

Giantsfan1080
12-04-2012, 12:49 PM
True, but the way we are playing right now, I don't see it.

We just crushed the Packers at home and looked very good on both sides of the ball.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-04-2012, 01:05 PM
We just crushed the Packers at home and looked very good on both sides of the ball.

We did, but let's not leave out vital information. How many injuries did they have on both sides of the ball?

No OL
NO WR
Raji and Hawk, and a bunch of scrubs on that defense.

They had no one! we did show new things to our credit! Great new screen, new formations, and we had an amazing mad aggressive streak where we wanted to score no matter what. We were throwing for it, going on 4th down over and over, and it was great! I loved it!

I should have known that was too great to last. Back to bush league play calling, and old man coughlin reverted back to boring. How many players were out for Washington? If I am not mistaken they are a healthy team.

bigbluedefense
12-04-2012, 01:41 PM
Am I the only one who is not worried?

For some reason I thought we were gonna win a close game the entire game. Then we didn't. And I was like oh well. It just didn't bother me for some reason. I was actually excited about the game.

1. Nicks is looking healthier, looking faster.
2. Bennett is looking healthier and faster.
3. Tuck didn't play many snaps (I'll elaborate later)
4. KP and JPP played.
5. Osi looks fresh.
6. Bradshaw looks better.

Those signs were all good news to me. I expected us to go 1-1 btw GB and Washington. We did that. Granted, it was flipped, I thought we'd beat Washington and lose to GB, but whatever.

Now, onto the bad news:

1. Locklear injury hurts bad. We are a MUCH better OL with him in there. That sucks. Major problem.
2. Tuck. Tuck is awful. The guy has 3 sacks on the season, he takes a TON of plays off, never plays with any consistent motor. He's the definition of average and I'm tired of him pretending to be a leader. I'm tired of him moping around, chewing on his stupid mouthpiece by himself on the sideline, giving no effort on the field, making excuses, then acting like he's the leader of our defense.

He didn't even play many snaps last night. He played less than 50% of our snaps. And he STILL took plays off. He took off half of his plays. He's done. Get rid of him.
3. Redzone offense.

Don't put this on the defense. The defense did their job. The offense's issues in the redzone and penalties cost us the game. But I'm not worried. We still control our own destiny.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-04-2012, 01:51 PM
Offense and red zone offense. 4 FGs chances and we missed 1 FG. if we are the FG kings we can't be missing FGs on top of that. Red zone offense will and always will bite us in the butt.

And that connects to the defense in the sense that we can kick FGs to take a lead. So kicking 2 FGs gives us a 6 point lead. So by doing that we may have stopped them on two series, however, all it takes is 1 series where they score a TD and now we are behind. In fact, I knew once we were up 6 like that a TD would screw us and I expected it.

4 FG chances in the red zone and 1 TD we got, and missed 1 FG on top of it. Not going to do much with that nonsense.

bigbluedefense
12-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Redzone offense takes a dive bc we're not a great running team. It's a basic rule in football: if you can't run in the redzone, you won't be a great redzone offense. Contrarily, if you can't stop the run, you won't be a great redzone defense.

It's simple. We try to overthink it too much, but it's simple. That's the problem.

And we aren't winning 1 on 1 battles on the outside which makes passing in the redzone difficult.

Giantsfan1080
12-04-2012, 02:38 PM
Am I the only one who is not worried?

For some reason I thought we were gonna win a close game the entire game. Then we didn't. And I was like oh well. It just didn't bother me for some reason. I was actually excited about the game.

1. Nicks is looking healthier, looking faster.
2. Bennett is looking healthier and faster.
3. Tuck didn't play many snaps (I'll elaborate later)
4. KP and JPP played.
5. Osi looks fresh.
6. Bradshaw looks better.

Those signs were all good news to me. I expected us to go 1-1 btw GB and Washington. We did that. Granted, it was flipped, I thought we'd beat Washington and lose to GB, but whatever.

Now, onto the bad news:

1. Locklear injury hurts bad. We are a MUCH better OL with him in there. That sucks. Major problem.
2. Tuck. Tuck is awful. The guy has 3 sacks on the season, he takes a TON of plays off, never plays with any consistent motor. He's the definition of average and I'm tired of him pretending to be a leader. I'm tired of him moping around, chewing on his stupid mouthpiece by himself on the sideline, giving no effort on the field, making excuses, then acting like he's the leader of our defense.

He didn't even play many snaps last night. He played less than 50% of our snaps. And he STILL took plays off. He took off half of his plays. He's done. Get rid of him.
3. Redzone offense.

Don't put this on the defense. The defense did their job. The offense's issues in the redzone and penalties cost us the game. But I'm not worried. We still control our own destiny.

If you have been readong my posts today you can also tell I'm not worried. NYG is the one who thinks the sky is falling.

Giantsfan1080
12-04-2012, 02:39 PM
We did, but let's not leave out vital information. How many injuries did they have on both sides of the ball?

No OL
NO WR
Raji and Hawk, and a bunch of scrubs on that defense.

They had no one! we did show new things to our credit! Great new screen, new formations, and we had an amazing mad aggressive streak where we wanted to score no matter what. We were throwing for it, going on 4th down over and over, and it was great! I loved it!

I should have known that was too great to last. Back to bush league play calling, and old man coughlin reverted back to boring. How many players were out for Washington? If I am not mistaken they are a healthy team.

The WR's GB had in that game are a million times better than the WR's from Washington last night.

bigbluedefense
12-04-2012, 02:45 PM
If you have been readong my posts today you can also tell I'm not worried. NYG is the one who thinks the sky is falling.

Yeah I just came in and posted. I didn't want to read all the reactions.

I just don't mind. Maybe I'm being too confident, but I still feel that this division is ours. And the wildcard birth is clustered as well. We have outs. I'm not concerned.

Not yet at least. In fact, I see our team trending in the positive direction. We're getting healthy, and we're playing better defense. I think we make our run now.