PDA

View Full Version : New York Giants Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66

NY+Giants=NYG
09-25-2011, 04:50 PM
JPP is home and making plays almost every play. He is usually an out stretched hand away from getting sacks. He had 2 sacks, and 7 tackles, but this guy is so close from getting 3-5 sacks. He is out of his mind. This is against Vick too. Put a less or a lot less mobile QB and good lord.

OSUGiants17
09-25-2011, 05:55 PM
JPP is home and making plays almost every play. He is usually an out stretched hand away from getting sacks. He had 2 sacks, and 7 tackles, but this guy is so close from getting 3-5 sacks. He is out of his mind. This is against Vick too. Put a less or a lot less mobile QB and good lord.

Seriously I am so sorry for getting angry at this pick, JPP for Pres.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-25-2011, 06:08 PM
Seriously I am so sorry for getting angry at this pick, JPP for Pres.

Hehe, everyone hated the pick. I can't find someone who loved it and was cheering. The whole BBI MB was in meltdown mode!

scottyboy
09-25-2011, 06:41 PM
Give me some crow, and I will down the whole plate. JPP, I am sorry.

but what I loved today and think what the difference was: we played with energy. we played with fight and passion. I've never seen a Giants team so energetic...not in probably a year or so. I loved it. The fights and offsides...yeah, they were bad but they were energetic and passionate things. the offsides were us being ancy and full of energy, and honestly, I'll take it. that's what really stood out to me. we showed up to play

Forenci
09-25-2011, 07:04 PM
Hehe, everyone hated the pick. I can't find someone who loved it and was cheering. The whole BBI MB was in meltdown mode!

I don't like boasting, but I will pat myself, BBD and Rosebud on the back. All three of us liked the pick on draft day. It's actually been a while since I disliked a first round pick we've selected. Loved JPP, loved Kenny, loved Nicks. I guess the only one I really didn't love in the Reese era was Aaron Ross, but it was more due to the fact that he was fairly old for a rookie at the time we drafted him.

Giantsfan1080
09-25-2011, 07:30 PM
I'm so ecstatic I was so wrong this week. Great game and I'm pumped we had it in us.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-25-2011, 08:00 PM
I don't like boasting, but I will pat myself, BBD and Rosebud on the back. All three of us liked the pick on draft day. It's actually been a while since I disliked a first round pick we've selected. Loved JPP, loved Kenny, loved Nicks. I guess the only one I really didn't love in the Reese era was Aaron Ross, but it was more due to the fact that he was fairly old for a rookie at the time we drafted him.

I hated the pick because of the prospect and position. Same with Kiwi pick. I hated the Ross Pick.

I liked Nicks and KP. And Prince AmulakjakwkjdlA Is off to a bad impression.

Forenci
09-25-2011, 08:58 PM
I hated the pick because of the prospect and position. Same with Kiwi pick. I hated the Ross Pick.

I liked Nicks and KP. And Prince AmulakjakwkjdlA Is off to a bad impression.

How is he off to a bad impression? You can't even make an impression when you're injured. This stuff happens, and there isn't much you can do it about it.

I feel like when he returns he'll make a very good impact for us.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-25-2011, 09:21 PM
Bad first impression? Last one to sign, first one to get hurt? Do you call that a good first impression? Am I missing something? Is that a great impression to make on your fan base, coaching staff and team mates? I don't want if he was on my team, I know coaches would be mad at that.

OSUGiants17
09-25-2011, 09:33 PM
Yes because he chose to get hurt lol. It's not a bad first impression, because impressions are something you can control, he couldn't control that he got hurt. And him signing last doesn't annoy me at all, he was considered one of the biggest steals in the draft so he deserves more than 19th overall money. When he comes back and proves that he and T2 will be a fantastic duo of cover corners for years to come you won't mention your "bad first impression" anymore.

It's not a great first impression that's for sure, but it doesn't really leave any impression actually. I'll make my first impression after his first FULL season.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-25-2011, 09:37 PM
Yes because he chose to get hurt lol. It's not a bad first impression, because impressions are something you can control, he couldn't control that he got hurt. And him signing last doesn't annoy me at all, he was considered one of the biggest steals in the draft so he deserves more than 19th overall money. When he comes back and proves that he and T2 will be a fantastic duo of cover corners for years to come you won't mention your "bad first impression" anymore.

I don't care if he chose to get hurt or not. He should have got to camp on time. Or is that out of his hands too? Maybe work with his team, and the strength and conditioning coach.

You can control getting on camp on time. He didn't and then gets hurt on the second damn day.

And he doesn't deserve any more money because he was steal. That's how it works, he dropped because of the run on QBs. If he wants more money then show us he is good, and he will get rewarded.

Of course I will. I admitted that I hated the JPP pick now he is doing well. If I am wrong I say it. So don't know why I wouldn't.

Good, no one is saying you need to make your impression. You can make your first impression whenever you want, lol. I could careless when you make yours. I don't mean that in a mean way obviously, but you're free to make your own opinion. You have that right, and I never knock anyone for that stuff.

Giantsfan1080
09-26-2011, 06:39 AM
For as much as we kill Gilbride we also have to give him credit on a game like yesterday. He called a great game.

bigbluedefense
09-26-2011, 07:48 AM
I'm having a cheesesteak for lunch today.

And that was obviously a great win. I have to go back and watch it again to really get a good look at it, but initial reactions is we called a good game on both sides of the ball.

And JPP is a beast. He'll be the best DE in the league in 2 years. I don't want Osi taking the starting spot back. I think JPP earned the right to stay as the starter.

Ross played a great game too. Nice bounceback from him.

I'll break it down in more detail later. Gonna be busy.

Oh and btw, Beckum sucks, I hate him, he's a bumb, he's the softest player I've ever seen, and I hope we cut him this week. I don't even want to see him on the roster anymore.

Giantsfan1080
09-26-2011, 08:12 AM
Yeah Beckum is the only player I can really get on after yesterday but I'm going to look at all the positives. This team really is something sometimes. They know how to step up when everyone thinks they are down. It's really why it's frustrating when they lose because we all know how good they really can be.

Williams was all over the field yesterday also. I forgot to TIVO the game so I can't go back and watch but he looked real good out there. The stats back it up also as he led the team with 10 tackles. So so so many positives from the game.

bigbluedefense
09-26-2011, 08:17 AM
Williams brought much needed speed out there. Boley is having a hell of a start too. The thing with Boley is though, he always starts out the season like a PBer, but then fades at the end bc he just runs out of gas.

So let's see if he can sustain it.

KP had a great game too. I really hope Ross can continue to improve and if Prince can come back so we can move Rolle back to FS, I think with more gelling we'll be decent again on defense. Fewell called a pretty solid game.

Beatty is struggling a little. I know he went against Cole, but still. I want to see improvement from him. And McKenzie looks washed up. He got owned last week for 2 sacks, and this week as well.

That's a concern. I also think Cruz is a much better outside WR than a slot guy. Maybe we should just leave him on the outside. He thinks less, doesn't have to identify as much and he plays faster.

Let's not get too excited though. This game on the road against Arizona after such an emotional victory is a HUGE trap game.

bigbluedefense
09-26-2011, 08:19 AM
And on the Randy Moss situation: I think it was Schefter who reported that he's open to returning again. The Giants were one of the teams on his list.

I can't remember all the teams, the Pats and Cowboys were also on his list.

Giantsfan1080
09-26-2011, 08:29 AM
It's hard not to be excited but yes the team has to be careful. It's a classic trap game. Cruz is much better on the outside so we'll see if Mario gets the majority of the slot now.

OSUGiants17
09-26-2011, 08:33 AM
Best part about that game, Cruz made Nnamdi his ***** on those 2 TDs

Giantsfan1080
09-26-2011, 08:35 AM
And on the Randy Moss situation: I think it was Schefter who reported that he's open to returning again. The Giants were one of the teams on his list.

I can't remember all the teams, the Pats and Cowboys were also on his list.

After yesterday I'm sure we won't be interested anymore.

bigbluedefense
09-26-2011, 08:37 AM
A man can dream.

I still think we need Moss. I hope we don't overreact to one game.

Jughead10
09-26-2011, 08:45 AM
A man can dream.

I still think we need Moss. I hope we don't overreact to one game.

There is a reason he doesn't have a job right now and played for 3 teams last year.

Giantsfan1080
09-26-2011, 08:48 AM
Webster was a boss yesterday also. I don't even remember seeing him much because they didn't throw at him.

bigbluedefense
09-26-2011, 08:53 AM
I'm a Randy homer. I can't help it.

Webster owns Jackson. When left in man coverage vs Jackson, I can't remember the last time Jackson actually burned us. Webster does well vs small quick WRs like Jackson.

It's the big guys he struggles with.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-26-2011, 08:59 AM

Webster owns Jackson. When left in man coverage vs Jackson, I can't remember the last time Jackson actually burned us. Webster does well vs small quick WRs like Jackson.

So, what did you think BBD? Offensively, we hit the home run ball and it helped us win. Great play calling and play design. I was very happy for once.

bigbluedefense
09-26-2011, 09:07 AM
So, what did you think BBD? Offensively, we hit the home run ball and it helped us win. Great play calling and play design. I was very happy for once.

I was happy. But at the same time, you can't expect that on a weekly basis. We still have work to do.

I want to see us sustain long drives. Still need a slot to emerge. Part of me feels like we're better with Mario on the bench. Is it a coincidence that Eli got hot last week when Mario was on the sidelines and continued that into this game?

Maybe not. Maybe Mario's dumbass running wrong routes on a constant basis is part of the problem to our consistency on offense. Something to think about.

Giantsfan1080
09-26-2011, 09:08 AM

Yeah I know but he did a good job on Maclin also. Linval was a monster yesterday also especially down on the goal line stand. Those first 2 picks from last year are looking like a huge HR.

bigbluedefense
09-26-2011, 09:14 AM
Yeah. We only have 3 players left from that draft class, but all 3 look like major keepers.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-26-2011, 09:36 AM
I was happy. But at the same time, you can't expect that on a weekly basis. We still have work to do.

I want to see us sustain long drives. Still need a slot to emerge. Part of me feels like we're better with Mario on the bench. Is it a coincidence that Eli got hot last week when Mario was on the sidelines and continued that into this game?

Maybe not. Maybe Mario's dumbass running wrong routes on a constant basis is part of the problem to our consistency on offense. Something to think about.

I don't see long sustained drives. In fact, I am not expecting home runs to be hit every game like that. Maybe 1 or perhaps 2, but we really got 3 solid good ones, and a great play call to get the Bradshaw one.

We can't go into every game expecting that. However, I'd be very impressed if we could go into every game and hit that many big time scores in that fashion. I was more impressed with 4 TDs and no ints, his fault or not.

I also noticed Jacobs and bradshaw seem on their way to a career year in receptions and yards catching the ball. Yeah I am sure that's an issue, but he is a homerun threat too. You can't bench a guy with an ability to hit a big score just like Cruz did.

It's the coaches job to get both Cruz and Mario on the field and somehow make it work so it increases our chances of a big time plays.

bigbluedefense
09-26-2011, 09:43 AM
My best guess would be to move Mario to the slot and keep Cruz outside.

If Mario can stretch that safety out and keep him in the middle of the field, that should clear out the middle for Nicks and Cruz on some square ins and slants.

And if they start cheating inside, hit em with some backshoulders that Eli is so good at.

We're probably just gonna keep Cruz in the slot though. That's just how we roll.

Giantsfan1080
09-26-2011, 10:03 AM
My best guess would be to move Mario to the slot and keep Cruz outside.

If Mario can stretch that safety out and keep him in the middle of the field, that should clear out the middle for Nicks and Cruz on some square ins and slants.

And if they start cheating inside, hit em with some backshoulders that Eli is so good at.

We're probably just gonna keep Cruz in the slot though. That's just how we roll.

By the way Sanu!!!

bigbluedefense
09-26-2011, 01:28 PM
By the way Sanu!!!

I can only hope. How bad ass would it be if he's a Giant. But he's a surefire 1st rounder, and we need linebackers.

I dunno, we'll see how the board shapes up when the time comes.

Right here right now, I just want to enjoy this week for what it was. It's been 3 years. 3 long years without beating the Eagles.

Giantsfan1080
09-26-2011, 01:29 PM
Yeah I didn't want to be a downer but Coughlin thinks Tuck's neck problem is troublesome and he also picked up a groin injury.

bigbluedefense
09-26-2011, 01:32 PM
Im just waiting for Tuck to go on IR. It only makes sense at this point. Why not right? Why escape a game with no injuries?

We should just designate some scrub as the official "get hurt this week so the injury jinx doesn't hit our starters" guy.

I nominate Travis Beckum.

Giantsfan1080
09-26-2011, 01:34 PM
We'll see with the neck. Hopefully it's something that he can play with and it won't cause that much pain. It's ridiculous how much better everyone on the field is when Tuck is out there. If he goes down we're done.

Jughead10
09-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Well I don't want to take the Cardinals for granted but if Osi comes back and play 15-20 plays, and Kiwi keeps his hand on the ground for most of the game like Sunday, we don't really need a ton of Tuck in this game.

Giantsfan1080
09-26-2011, 01:42 PM
Well I don't want to take the Cardinals for granted but if Osi comes back and play 15-20 plays, and Kiwi keeps his hand on the ground for most of the game like Sunday, we don't really need a ton of Tuck in this game.

Doesn't sound like Osi will be back. I think he makes his debut against the Seahawks.

bigbluedefense
09-26-2011, 01:43 PM
Tuck will be missed more as a run stuffer than a pass rusher. He's really not a true pass rusher, but he does take double teams every play which frees guys up.

I would prefer that if it's seriously that bad, we just use him as a nickel UT like in 07 and have a rotation of Osi, Kiwi, and JPP as our everydown DEs.

Perhaps rotate Kiwi and JPP at LE and bring Tuck in on obvious pass situations.

Jughead10
09-26-2011, 01:43 PM
Doesn't sound like Osi will be back. I think he makes his debut against the Seahawks.

Well then we need Tuck. Tolly's a body at this point. Although I love his aggression nailing Vick on the pick.

Forenci
09-26-2011, 01:44 PM

I mean, at this point, can't we just do what the Eagles do with Desean and have Manningham just run streak routes every play? At least this way Eli doesn't have to worry about him screwing up if Mario has no decision to make.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-26-2011, 01:45 PM
I hope he can shake it off.. Beckum better play better. I re watched that 4 down and he looked like Eli threw a weighted ball at him. As soon he caught it he fell backwards. Kinda comical.

Jughead10
09-26-2011, 01:46 PM
I mean, at this point, can't we just do what the Eagles do with Desean and have Manningham just run streak routes every play? At least this way Eli doesn't have to worry about him screwing up if Mario has no decision to make.

Screens and go routes.

Giantsfan1080
09-26-2011, 01:47 PM
Beckum is horrible. The sooner he's gone the better.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-26-2011, 01:48 PM
I saw Eli and MM get that confused on a deep ball.. MM ran a deep post and ball went to the outside near the numbers.

Forenci
Screens and go routes.

No, he needs to make complex decisions on every play that he clearly can't handle.

/gilbride

bigbluedefense

It's never that simple. And to be fair, not every time it's Mario's fault. I faulted Eli plenty of times vs the Jets when he had miscommunication with Mario.

But yeah, something has to be done. It's just this run n shoot is too complex for him.

Forenci
09-26-2011, 01:49 PM
It's never that simple. And to be fair, not every time it's Mario's fault. I faulted Eli plenty of times vs the Jets when he had miscommunication with Mario.

But yeah, something has to be done. It's just this run n shoot is too complex for him.

I know, haha. I was just joking around a little. It would be nice if we kept things simple for him but I'm guessing that isn't possible considering how the offense is ran and designed.

Giantsfan1080
09-26-2011, 01:49 PM
I forgot to mention how well Rocky is playing this year so far also. The DT rotation we have right now is actually looking really good from Canty down to Kennedy. Rocky has really stepped his game and has looked very good all through preseason and now the 3 games so far this year. It's been one of our strengths this year.

bigbluedefense
09-26-2011, 01:51 PM
I hope he can shake it off.. Beckum better play better. I re watched that 4 down and he looked like Eli threw a weighted ball at him. As soon he caught it he fell backwards. Kinda comical.

He's a joke. Softest player on this team in a long long time.

Giantsfan1080
09-26-2011, 01:51 PM

I love how BBI uses the Mr. Softee ice cream truck icon when talking about him. Makes me laugh every time.

bigbluedefense
09-26-2011, 01:52 PM
I forgot to mention how well Rocky is playing this year so far also. The DT rotation we have right now is actually looking really good from Canty down to Kennedy. Rocky has really stepped his game and has looked very good all through preseason and now the 3 games so far this year. It's been one of our strengths this year.

Canty is quietly having a very good season as well. All our DTs as you've mentioned.

But like last year, these guys wore out at the end of the season. Canty and Boley in particular were 2 guys that have started out but then fizzled out after 8 weeks. Just ran out of juice.

So I'm curious to see if that happens again or if they can sustain success this season.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-26-2011, 01:54 PM

At least Tim Carter played and the got hurt. But Beckum needs to do something. Give me couple good plays at least.

bigbluedefense
I love how BBI uses the Mr. Softee ice cream truck icon when talking about him. Makes me laugh every time.

Oh they HAATE him. I don't blame them. The guy is wasting a roster spot. Of all people, this was a game that begged Travis Beckum to have a coming out party.

The opportunity was staring him dead in the face.

Instead, he acts like a football is a medicine ball and rolls over and falls on his own. God I hate him.

Giantsfan1080
I think we have better depth at DT this year so we can sub in and out a lot more which should keep everyone more fresh.

Jughead10

Rocky got the best hit on Vick all day. I still don't think all the hits we got on him were all that hard.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-26-2011, 01:56 PM
http://nflcommunications.com/2011/09/26/rule-explanation-from-the-new-york-giants-philadelphia-eagles-game/

Giantsfan1080
Rocky got the best hit on Vick all day. I still don't think all the hits we got on him were all that hard.

Yeah Rocky was smart and was able to tackle him so his head got hit into the ground. He's such a pansy though. Eli had some hits that were just as "questionable" and you don't hear a peep out of him ever.

D-Unit
Congratulations on the win yesterday guys. I didn't see the game, but I always enjoy an Eagles loss, especially since they were such heavy favorites going into the season. :)

NY+Giants=NYG
Well Barden is next. I have 2 eyes on him. Granted he is PUP and has to wait until week 6. But he better be ready by then!

bigbluedefense
09-26-2011, 02:00 PM
My favorite part of Rocky's tackle was how he used Vick's shoulder as a crutch as he picked himself up off the floor haha.

I'm probably savoring this victory too much, but dammit we needed this one.

bigbluedefense
09-26-2011, 02:01 PM
Well Barden is next. I have 2 eyes on him. Granted he is PUP and has to wait until week 6. But he better be ready by then!

He's another one. To me, this is a make or break year for him. Enough with the excuses. Suck it up, get on the field, and make a play. He has ability, he just needs to stay healthy and/or play through pain.

Giantsfan1080
09-26-2011, 02:03 PM
At least Barden showed us something in the Cowboys game last year. I agree he needs to get on the field already but at least we have something to look back on. Beckum has done literally nothing except for that TD against the Lions last year.

http://uptownflavor.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/mr_softee.jpg

Jughead10
09-26-2011, 02:04 PM
Yeah Rocky was smart and was able to tackle him so his head got hit into the ground. He's such a pansy though. Eli had some hits that were just as "questionable" and you don't hear a peep out of him ever.

True. The non call face mask was the most questionable of all the hits on either QB. If I was a ref I'd stop helping Vick to his feet anymore.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-26-2011, 02:08 PM
He's another one. To me, this is a make or break year for him. Enough with the excuses. Suck it up, get on the field, and make a play. He has ability, he just needs to stay healthy and/or play through pain.

He flashed in the cowboy game, and then got broken on us. Can we get someone who flashes and stays healthy? Is that too much to ask for?

bigbluedefense
09-26-2011, 02:12 PM
I can't say for sure, but was that pass to Beckum the only snap he had all game?

I think Eli's face said it all after that play. That might have been his last chance to make an impression. I can't envision him staying on this roster next year.

Giantsfan1080
09-26-2011, 02:14 PM
I can't say for sure, but was that pass to Beckum the only snap he had all game?

I think Eli's face said it all after that play. That might have been his last chance to make an impression. I can't envision him staying on this roster next year.

Yeah I said it during the game but for Eli to show him up like that you know how frustrated he is with him. You don't see Eli get that "emotional" on the field often.

bigbluedefense
09-26-2011, 02:18 PM
Yeah I said it during the game but for Eli to show him up like that you know how frustrated he is with him. You don't see Eli get that "emotional" on the field often.

Every time I see the replay of him just fumbling around after catching it, it just ticks me off so much.

And how is he listed at 230? The guy is 210 lbs soaking wet.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-26-2011, 02:50 PM
I want to see more check downs and throws to Ballard. I like that new element. No more stupid mistakes, if the play isn't there throw it to Jacobs or Bradshaw. And all Ballard does is catch the ball. Has he dropped any yet? I'd like to see what he can do. He is a pleasant surprise.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-26-2011, 02:52 PM
Oh, and J. Williams LB # 57 is fast as anything. He came in so fast on Vick on a blitz that resulted in an int off of Smith's hands to Ross. I want to see him blitz more. If the QB is not mobile, Williams flattens him out!

D-Unit
09-26-2011, 02:59 PM
How is Jernigan fitting in so far?

NY+Giants=NYG
09-26-2011, 03:03 PM
How is Jernigan fitting in so far?

Very well....on the inactive list! : P

Same with Scott RB. Actually, I think he was active, but didn't play yesterday. No OTAs or mini camp in our system is tough, especially at the WR position.

D-Unit
09-26-2011, 03:07 PM
Very well....on the inactive list! : P

Same with Scott RB. Actually, I think he was active, but didn't play yesterday. No OTAs or mini camp in our system is tough, especially at the WR position.
Just curious because I'll be comparing Jernigan to Dwayne Harris as they develop their careers. Harris hasn't had a shot to do anything other than return kicks, but I do foresee him as a future core guy in the receiving corps.

OSUGiants17
09-26-2011, 05:08 PM
In honor of his two sack game, I will now be wearing this sig all season long

bigbluedefense
09-26-2011, 05:10 PM
Just curious because I'll be comparing Jernigan to Dwayne Harris as they develop their careers. Harris hasn't had a shot to do anything other than return kicks, but I do foresee him as a future core guy in the receiving corps.

It's too early to dismiss the guy, but Jernigan reminds me a lot of Sinorice Moss.....so it's safe to say I'm not very thrilled with him so far.

scottyboy
09-26-2011, 05:17 PM
but BBD is also a known pessimist and he's a rookie coming into a season where there were no OTA's and getting thrown into an offense that guys who've been here 3+ years still barely grasp.

just saying!

Rosebud
09-26-2011, 05:31 PM
Canty is quietly having a very good season as well. All our DTs as you've mentioned.

But like last year, these guys wore out at the end of the season. Canty and Boley in particular were 2 guys that have started out but then fizzled out after 8 weeks. Just ran out of juice.

So I'm curious to see if that happens again or if they can sustain success this season.

That's why I'm so stoked about the depth DTs playing well so far. That should help keep Canty fresh and keeping our DTs effective will keep Boley fresh. *crosses fingers and sacrifices a goat*

bigbluedefense
09-26-2011, 05:32 PM
but BBD is also a known pessimist and he's a rookie coming into a season where there were no OTA's and getting thrown into an offense that guys who've been here 3+ years still barely grasp.

just saying!

To be fair, I was raving about JPP, Joseph and Petrus right away, as I did with Nicks, Phillips, Steve Smith, etc. And all have proven that they're going to be very good or great players in this league.

The guys I've been meh about: Barden, Beckum, Beatty, so far only Beatty and has proven me somewhat wrong. Barden still has a chance, but it's looking bleak.

And this year I'm not very high on Austin and Jernigan. We'll see how they pan out. I wanted Paea and Foster.

Or Nevis in the 3rd. I think we'd be better off with Foster than Jernigan right now, that's for sure.

Rosebud
09-26-2011, 05:35 PM
He flashed in the cowboy game, and then got broken on us. Can we get someone who flashes and stays healthy? Is that too much to ask for?

Yes, yes it is.

Giantsfan1080
09-26-2011, 06:26 PM
Giants are one of 5 teams interested in Aaron Curry.

LTgiants
09-26-2011, 06:33 PM
Yay give me Curry. He cant hurt us even if he does not work out.

Giantsfan1080
09-26-2011, 06:37 PM
We'd have to trade for him. Asking price might be to high.

LTgiants
09-26-2011, 06:41 PM
We'd have to trade for him. Asking price might be to high.

I doubt he cost more then a 5th rd pick. Which is worth the gamble imo.

D-Unit
09-26-2011, 06:48 PM
So Victor Cruz emergence means no Sanu for you right? :D

scottyboy
09-26-2011, 07:41 PM

YOU SHUT YOUR DIRTY ***** MOUTH.

BaLLiN
09-26-2011, 09:45 PM
I doubt he cost more then a 5th rd pick. Which is worth the gamble imo.

Don't be so sure about that, I heard his contract cost goes down significantly after this year (or something like that), and he was just starting. Plus parting with a future first round pick, especially that high, idk if Seattle would ship him out for just a 5th.

LTgiants
09-26-2011, 09:50 PM
Don't be so sure about that, I heard his contract cost goes down significantly after this year (or something like that), and he was just starting. Plus parting with a future first round pick, especially that high, idk if Seattle would ship him out for just a 5th.

Didn't they just bench him? I doubt anybody on the market is offering picks that high for him. Does Seattle want to pay him his full salary when he is a backup. Probably not since they are shopping him.

Teams know that they are looking to dump him and his salary. Kind of hurts the Seahawks position of getting more value for him.

Why would we have to deal a future first?

Giantsfan1080
09-27-2011, 07:13 AM
The rumor was they are asking for a 3rd. I don't see them getting that though.

Giantsfan1080
09-27-2011, 07:14 AM

No you'll just have to deal with Nicks, Sanu, Mario, Cruz, and hopefully Barden.

bigbluedefense
09-27-2011, 07:22 AM
I don't want Curry. He fixes nothing. He's a marginal NFL player, plus he'd cost a pick.

Plus, he'd be a reason why we wouldn't aggressively go after linebackers in the draft, and I want us to avoid that path at all costs.

You know who I do want?

Oh yeaaaaah...Eli to Moss baby.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-27-2011, 08:45 AM
I don't want Curry. He fixes nothing. He's a marginal NFL player, plus he'd cost a pick.

Plus, he'd be a reason why we wouldn't aggressively go after linebackers in the draft, and I want us to avoid that path at all costs.

You know who I do want?

Oh yeaaaaah...Eli to Moss baby.

Not with Cruz doing well. I think if all our guys stunk, we can make a case. But Cruz had a sick game. Mario comes back, so now let's see how things go. I am curious on how many home runs we can hit. We have explosive ability with 3 WRs. Let's see what happens.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-27-2011, 08:48 AM
Do The Eagles Still Believe Graham Is Better Than Pierre-Paul?

http://gcobb.com/2011/09/26/do-the-eagles-still-believe-graham-is-better-than-pierre-paul/

Giantsfan1080
09-27-2011, 08:49 AM
Do The Eagles Still Believe Graham Is Better Than Pierre-Paul?

http://gcobb.com/2011/09/26/do-the-eagles-still-believe-graham-is-better-than-pierre-paul/

I liked Graham better than JPP but after 1 year plus I don't think you can say that anymore. They're just trying to save face.

Jughead10
09-27-2011, 08:53 AM
I liked Graham better than JPP but after 1 year plus I don't think you can say that anymore. They're just trying to save face.

I didn't know people really thought that. Graham isn't a prototypical DE. He probably should still be a 3-4 OLB.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-27-2011, 08:58 AM
I actually forgot they drafted him. I keep comparing him to the Titans DE. Supposedly, they saw JPP was the next Kearse but we got him before they did.

Giantsfan1080
09-27-2011, 09:00 AM
I just really didn't like JPP at all. Like I said I should have known better though because his work ethic and motor were always considered his best tools coming into the draft and we are obviously great at teaching the rest.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-27-2011, 09:04 AM
I just really didn't like JPP at all. Like I said I should have known better though because his work ethic and motor were always considered his best tools coming into the draft and we are obviously great at teaching the rest.

Why? He was a classic boom or bust pick. And on top of that he had very little football experience since he started late. He was just still learning. It's not a far fetched idea to think this was a terrible pick at the time. Plus it was DE, yet again!

Jughead10
09-27-2011, 09:04 AM

I didn't like it either. But I really didn't like Graham. Especially for us. But he's not the type of DE we'd ever take anyway.

Giantsfan1080
09-27-2011, 09:05 AM
I didn't mind us picking DE at all. I wanted Morgan at the time.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-27-2011, 09:07 AM
I wanted Spiller.. Then he and McClain were gone back to back. So then perhaps a WR like Bryant. DE was the last position. BPA would suggest Bryant. But apparently JPP was high on our draft board. I remember reading 7th on our board.

Giantsfan1080
09-27-2011, 09:08 AM
Why? He was a classic boom or bust pick. And on top of that he had very little football experience since he started late. He was just still learning. It's not a far fetched idea to think this was a terrible pick at the time. Plus it was DE, yet again!

There were some signs that we could have looked at it as a positive pick though. The Giants know what they're doing when they draft a DE as the #1 reason. His work ethic, motor, and unbelievable tools as the others. I've never seen anyone with arms like his. The downside was he was extremely raw and at the time I definitely chose to harp on that more. Credit to BBD, Rosebud, and Forenci for thinking otherwise.

Jughead10
09-27-2011, 09:10 AM
We would never take Bryant. That was a dream. I wanted Bulaga.

Malaka
09-27-2011, 09:13 AM
I remember I was riding on the Sean Weatherspoon bandwagon, well Reese once again proved to me, at least in terms of the draft, in him I trust.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-27-2011, 09:15 AM
We would never take Bryant. That was a dream. I wanted Bulaga.

Yeah I know. But he was BPA though, so maybe we might have. At least there was a small hope that something like that would happen once Spiller left. But once I saw JPP's face light up, I was sooo mad! That's usually before the pick when the team calls the player.

scottyboy
09-27-2011, 09:28 AM
I wanted Weatherspoon. He's been doing pretty well in Atlanta I think, but I'm a-ok with JPP

bigbluedefense
09-27-2011, 10:47 AM
I was all over the place before the draft.

I loved McClain. Then I hated McClain.

I likened Morgan to Tuck, then I likened Morgan to a career 8 sack a season guy.

I LOVED Graham. That never changed.

I liked JPP, then I was intrigued by JPP, then I loved JPP.

Intrigued by Spiller, then loved him. Loved Weatherspoon, then softened my stance on him, then loved him again, then wasn't sure where I stood on him and my manlove for JPP started to take over.

To me, once McClain, Graham and Spiller were off the board, it was a no brainer to me to grab JPP.

I was considering Spoon bc I loved Spoon too, but I felt JPP had much more potential at a premium position and we couldn't pass it up. And as I stated many times prior to the draft, DE was a need. It wasn't a luxury pick. You gotta think long term, and with Kiwi probably not resigning, Osi probably leaving, and Tuck always getting hurt, JPP definitely filled a long term need.

Like Prince this year. Prince was not a luxury pick. Prince was a need. We need CBs. Yeah, I know most won't agree with that, but we do. CBs take a year to develop, and a year from now, Ross will be gone, and maybe even Thomas if we don't resign him after tearing his ACL. Plus Webster is getting older.

So yes, CB was a need. And by drafting him a year early, we plug and chug. No learning curve when he's needed in the starting lineup (although injuries this year have forced our hand to hope we can survive his rookie learning curve).

Giantsfan1080
09-27-2011, 10:48 AM
Besides QB everything is pretty much always a need in today's NFL. I'm really not mad at the position we go in more so the player.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-27-2011, 10:50 AM
I was all over the place before the draft.

I loved McClain. Then I hated McClain.

I likened Morgan to Tuck, then I likened Morgan to a career 8 sack a season guy.

I LOVED Graham. That never changed.

I liked JPP, then I was intrigued by JPP, then I loved JPP.

Intrigued by Spiller, then loved him. Loved Weatherspoon, then softened my stance on him, then loved him again, then wasn't sure where I stood on him and my manlove for JPP started to take over.

To me, once McClain, Graham and Spiller were off the board, it was a no brainer to me to grab JPP.

I was considering Spoon bc I loved Spoon too, but I felt JPP had much more potential at a premium position and we couldn't pass it up. And as I stated many times prior to the draft, DE was a need. It wasn't a luxury pick. You gotta think long term, and with Kiwi probably not resigning, Osi probably leaving, and Tuck always getting hurt, JPP definitely filled a long term need.

Like Prince this year. Prince was not a luxury pick. Prince was a need. We need CBs. Yeah, I know most won't agree with that, but we do. CBs take a year to develop, and a year from now, Ross will be gone, and maybe even Thomas if we don't resign him after tearing his ACL. Plus Webster is getting older.

So yes, CB was a need. And by drafting him a year early, we plug and chug. No learning curve when he's needed in the starting lineup (although injuries this year have forced our hand to hope we can survive his rookie learning curve).

hahaha no that's funny.. Bipolar BBD!

She loves me.. She loves me not.. she loves me.. she loves me not!

bigbluedefense
09-27-2011, 10:50 AM
Besides QB everything is pretty much always a need in today's NFL. I'm really not mad at the position we go in more so the player.

You can make an argument for oline too. If your starting 5 is set for awhile, you shouldn't draft a olinemen in the 1st round since he won't see the field.

You can draft middle round guys to develop for depth, but a 1st round LT for example is a waste if you already have for example Doug Free and Tyron Smith like the Cowboys for example.

bigbluedefense
09-27-2011, 10:53 AM
hahaha no that's funny.. Bipolar BBD!

She loves me.. She loves me not.. she loves me.. she loves me not!

Haha, yup, that's just how it is. You see some games, you love the guy, then you go back and watch em again and see other games where they didn't do too hot, then you hate em, then you see more and love em again.

Sometimes it's overanalysis, sometimes it's due dilligence and you realize your initial analysis was wrong (that happens a lot when I go back and rewatch Giants games), it's just part of the process.

I don't really watch college football, so I usually go back and watch old DVR'd games that I record during the season but never watch until around draft time when I hear about a prospect that might intrigue me during the season.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Haha, yup, that's just how it is. You see some games, you love the guy, then you go back and watch em again and see other games where they didn't do too hot, then you hate em, then you see more and love em again.

Sometimes it's overanalysis, sometimes it's due dilligence and you realize your initial analysis was wrong (that happens a lot when I go back and rewatch Giants games), it's just part of the process.

I don't really watch college football, so I usually go back and watch old DVR'd games that I record during the season but never watch until around draft time when I hear about a prospect that might intrigue me during the season.

I don't watch college games that much. I stick to PRO football and that's it. Don't watch any other sport. I will watch cricket or college, Boston U, hockey if they are on tv. Other than that I stick to one sport.

bigbluedefense
09-27-2011, 11:53 AM
I don't watch college games that much. I stick to PRO football and that's it. Don't watch any other sport. I will watch cricket or college, Boston U, hockey if they are on tv. Other than that I stick to one sport.

NFL and NBA. Those are my 2.

I really only start getting interested in prospects once the bowl games start. I think that's the best time to truly evaluate these guys bc you know the competition is up to snuff.

I don't care if they beat down scrubs all other games, I wanna see how they perform when the playing field is somewhat even.

Giantsfan1080
09-27-2011, 12:15 PM
I must have an addiction because I pretty much follow everything. MLB and NFL are my two favorites but I also follow closely both Rutgers men's teams and both college sports in general. The last few years I've really picked up soccer as well.

Jughead10
09-27-2011, 12:17 PM
I must have an addiction because I pretty much follow everything. MLB and NFL are my two favorites but I also follow closely both Rutgers men's teams and both college sports in general. The last few years I've really picked up soccer as well.

This minus wasting my time on Rutgers. I also watch the NHL. Although not as much as I used to.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-27-2011, 12:19 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/27/pereira-calls-vicks-complaint-a-bunch-of-bull/

Pereira calls Vick’s complaints “a bunch of bull”

Giantsfan1080
09-27-2011, 12:28 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/27/pereira-calls-vicks-complaint-a-bunch-of-bull/

Pereira calls Vick’s complaints “a bunch of bull”

Pretty much everyone has called him out on it except for Tom Jackson, Cris Carter, and Keyshawn on ESPN last night.

bigbluedefense
09-27-2011, 01:08 PM
Is it just me, or did Steve Smith look depressed out there on Sunday?

Maybe it's just me projecting my own feelings onto him, but he doesn't seem happy with the Eagles.

Even on Twitter, he changed his name from SteveSmithNY to SteveSmithWR. Not really acknowledging the Philly side to him now. I dunno, maybe I'm reading too much into it.

But my guess is he regrets the decision.

Jughead10
09-27-2011, 01:14 PM
Well he certainly doesn't play as much. I'm sure that could make anyone disgruntled.

bigbluedefense
09-27-2011, 01:18 PM
Well he certainly doesn't play as much. I'm sure that could make anyone disgruntled.

Steve Smith is a guy who actually looks and plays much better in our system than any other system.

Put him in a WCO, and he's nothing more than Jason Avant. Put him in our system where he can use his noggin to get open, and he's a stud.

He's a good player in any system, but a great player in this system. And I think this year will expose that.

bigbluedefense
09-27-2011, 01:28 PM
This is a big trap game for us.

I don't expect us to have a clean game like we did vs Philly. I can see us playing ugly. I don't care how we do it, but we have to come out of there with a W.

We really need to rip off a bunch of wins now during the soft part of the schedule to have a chance to make the playoffs, bc the 2nd half of the season is so damn brutal. Even if we go 7-1, I can see us finishing 9-7 potentially bc our 2nd half schedule is so brutal.

So we really need to cash in while we have a chance.

Giantsfan1080
09-27-2011, 01:33 PM
This is a big trap game for us.

I don't expect us to have a clean game like we did vs Philly. I can see us playing ugly. I don't care how we do it, but we have to come out of there with a W.

We really need to rip off a bunch of wins now during the soft part of the schedule to have a chance to make the playoffs, bc the 2nd half of the season is so damn brutal. Even if we go 7-1, I can see us finishing 9-7 potentially bc our 2nd half schedule is so brutal.

So we really need to cash in while we have a chance.

Tuck said he and the whole team are already aware that this could be considered a trap game. With a veteran team like ours we should be able to keep the momentum going. I don't expect as good an effort but any win will do.

bigbluedefense
09-27-2011, 01:40 PM
Tuck said he and the whole team are already aware that this could be considered a trap game. With a veteran team like ours we should be able to keep the momentum going. I don't expect as good an effort but any win will do.

I just want a win. I don't care how ugly it is. Just win.

Hopefully Fewell doesn't fall in love with Cover 2 this week. It's sad that I can't go into games confident in my DC. When we had Spags, I never thought about the gameplan on defense being weak going into the game. You just knew Spags had it on lock.

But with Fewell...I just don't trust this guy to bring it every week. I just don't.

Giantsfan1080
09-27-2011, 01:42 PM
I just want a win. I don't care how ugly it is. Just win.

Hopefully Fewell doesn't fall in love with Cover 2 this week. It's sad that I can't go into games confident in my DC. When we had Spags, I never thought about the gameplan on defense being weak going into the game. You just knew Spags had it on lock.

But with Fewell...I just don't trust this guy to bring it every week. I just don't.

I'll give the coordinators a little leeway for the next few weeks because of how good they were against the Eagles. Both Gilbride and Fewell really "brought" it.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-27-2011, 01:51 PM
Is it just me, or did Steve Smith look depressed out there on Sunday?

Maybe it's just me projecting my own feelings onto him, but he doesn't seem happy with the Eagles.

Even on Twitter, he changed his name from SteveSmithNY to SteveSmithWR. Not really acknowledging the Philly side to him now. I dunno, maybe I'm reading too much into it.

But my guess is he regrets the decision.

I am not sure if he regrets it, but it looks like he may. He used to be very active on twitter and facebook. Allowing giants fans to win autographs and such. Now people who follow him say he isn't really tweeting or as active.

Philly fans think of him as a big middle finger to us, and we hate him. So basically he has no fan base, except probably USC fans.

Also, he is not a the go to guy anymore. Different system.. No more 107 catches in that offense. They have way too many weapons. And those WRs can convert 3rd downs and hit the home runs for scores.

He is just a regular WR in that system VS a pro bowl WR in our system. Sometimes taking the money can lead to other issues.

I always followed Gilbril Wilson since he left. The guy can't stay healthy and has been bounced from team to team since he left us for the money.

bigbluedefense
09-27-2011, 02:00 PM
I am not sure if he regrets it, but it looks like he may. He used to be very active on twitter and facebook. Allowing giants fans to win autographs and such. Now people who follow him say he isn't really tweeting or as active.

Philly fans think of him as a big middle finger to us, and we hate him. So basically he has no fan base, except probably USC fans.

Also, he is not a the go to guy anymore. Different system.. No more 107 catches in that offense. They have way too many weapons. And those WRs can convert 3rd downs and hit the home runs for scores.

He is just a regular WR in that system VS a pro bowl WR in our system. Sometimes taking the money can lead to other issues.

I always followed Gilbril Wilson since he left. The guy can't stay healthy and has been bounced from team to team since he left us for the money.

I don't hate Steve. I'd love to have him back next year. I tweet him every now and then telling him he's still a Giant and to come home next year lol.

I'll give the coordinators a little leeway for the next few weeks because of how good they were against the Eagles. Both Gilbride and Fewell really "brought" it.

Oh trust me. You say that now, but the night is young. If we lose this week and Gilbride is going empty set all game and Fewell is having our CBs play 15 yards off the line every play, you'll sing a different tune.

Giantsfan1080
09-27-2011, 02:04 PM
I don't hate Steve. I'd love to have him back next year. I tweet him every now and then telling him he's still a Giant and to come home next year lol.

Oh trust me. You say that now, but the night is young. If we lose this week and Gilbride is going empty set all game and Fewell is having our CBs play 15 yards off the line every play, you'll sing a different tune.

Haha most likely but I'd like to give them a little room. We still played that soft zone a lot against the Eagles but we were closing much better on it. Hopefully the one big game from Cruz makes opposing secondaries focus just a little more on him leaving Nicks and Mario a little more space. I really don't know if I could name more than 3 defensive players on the Cards right now.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-27-2011, 02:18 PM

Hahaha!

Dear Steve Smith

This is your friend BBD.

Please Steve, come home.. I still love you.. Don't leave. We can make it work. Our fan bases doesn't totally hate you. And you're the only WR with a PHd! Please come back to us! Please.......

Always yours!

BBD

: P

bigbluedefense
09-27-2011, 02:26 PM
Hahaha!

Dear Steve Smith

This is your friend BBD.

Please Steve, come home.. I still love you.. Don't leave. We can make it work. Our fan bases doesn't totally hate you. And you're the only WR with a PHd! Please come back to us! Please.......

Always yours!

BBD

: P

That's actually pretty accurate haha

Haha most likely but I'd like to give them a little room. We still played that soft zone a lot against the Eagles but we were closing much better on it. Hopefully the one big game from Cruz makes opposing secondaries focus just a little more on him leaving Nicks and Mario a little more space. I really don't know if I could name more than 3 defensive players on the Cards right now.

Daryl Washington is supposedly a beast in the making. I really liked him as an OLB in a 4-3, thought it was a huge mistake throwing him inside in a 3-4. Turns out he's still beasting it, which is good.

I thought the Colts were a lock to draft him in round 1.

We should beat this team. But that long trip plus this being a trap game, I'm confident in the win, but it wouldn't shock me if we lost. I just think we're feeling a little overconfident after this Eagles game. This team still has a lot to work on.

Giantsfan1080
09-27-2011, 02:31 PM
Washington is one of the guys I know because he's actually who I wanted with our 2nd Rd pick last year. I was extremely happy with the Joseph pick but Washington was #1 on my board at the time.

bigbluedefense
09-27-2011, 02:34 PM
Washington is one of the guys I know because he's actually who I wanted with our 2nd Rd pick last year. I was extremely happy with the Joseph pick but Washington was #1 on my board at the time.

At the time, while I loved him as a player, I didn't want him bc I thought he was strictly an OLB, and we had Boley firmly in 1 OLB spot and Sintim firmly in the other.

Whoops.

I'm very happy with Joseph though.

Giantsfan1080
09-27-2011, 04:13 PM
I'm not complaining believe me. Joseph might be one of my favorites already.

Rosebud
09-27-2011, 05:04 PM
That's actually pretty accurate haha

Daryl Washington is supposedly a beast in the making. I really liked him as an OLB in a 4-3, thought it was a huge mistake throwing him inside in a 3-4. Turns out he's still beasting it, which is good.

I thought the Colts were a lock to draft him in round 1.

We should beat this team. But that long trip plus this being a trap game, I'm confident in the win, but it wouldn't shock me if we lost. I just think we're feeling a little overconfident after this Eagles game. This team still has a lot to work on.

It's weird cause I never really thought about him in a 3-4 until he got drafted but I liked the fit. Seemed like Timmons in Pittsburgh scenario where his athleticism would get him chances to fly around and attack from different angles. Plus Arizona has a pretty beefy DL if it's the Dockett-Dan Williams-Campbell lineup I think they utilize...

BaLLiN
09-27-2011, 09:22 PM
Didn't they just bench him? I doubt anybody on the market is offering picks that high for him. Does Seattle want to pay him his full salary when he is a backup. Probably not since they are shopping him.

Teams know that they are looking to dump him and his salary. Kind of hurts the Seahawks position of getting more value for him.

Why would we have to deal a future first?

...and he was just starting

I probably should've been more clear, but you are correct he did get benched. I also said his salary goes down (seattle fan said it in a discussion about Curry in NFL Forum).

With his salary not mattering much, no one else has leverage. So if teams think they can coach him up, the Seahawks will hear offers probably or 3rd/4th round range value. Clipboard Jesus warranted a 3rd round pick right?

LTgiants
09-27-2011, 09:36 PM
I probably should've been more clear, but you are correct he did get benched. I also said his salary goes down (seattle fan said it in a discussion about Curry in NFL Forum).

With his salary not mattering much, no one else has leverage. So if teams think they can coach him up, the Seahawks will hear offers probably or 3rd/4th round range value. Clipboard Jesus warranted a 3rd round pick right?

Ya I know his salary goes down. However they still have to pay him before the decrease that happens next season. I doubt they want to pay him that money just to sit on the bench. Seattle clearly wants to get rid of him. Teams know this and it does not help the Seahawks leverage.

I can see a 4th rounder from a team desperate for a LB.

Carroll's over paying for Whitehurst does not mean Curry has a third round trade value.

BaLLiN
09-27-2011, 09:43 PM
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2692781&#post2692781

apparently only got offered a 6th, sounds like the giants could be in on this. We have 7 linebackers listed on our roster. 3 are UFA, 1 is really a DE, 1 is strictly a longsnapper, 1 is a late round draft pick and a rookie, and 1 is a legitimate starter.

Edit: Right now we have no room for injury, a 6th round pick is worth it for a team like us

LTgiants
09-27-2011, 09:47 PM
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2692781&#post2692781

apparently only got offered a 6th, sounds like the giants could be in on this. We have 7 linebackers listed on our roster. 3 are UFA, 1 is really a DE, 1 is strictly a longsnapper, 1 is a late round draft pick and a rookie, and 1 is a legitimate starter.

Edit: Right now we have no room for injury, a 6th round pick is worth it for a team like us

If that is true wow that is even less then I expected. Plus if the odd chance it happens and he ends up working out you help out the pass rush more cause it gives Kiwi more snaps at end.

bigbluedefense
09-28-2011, 08:09 AM
Eh. I just don't like Curry. I liked him as a college prospect, but his skills have always been exaggerated. He was a 4-3 SAM who had no business going that high. I know that's hindsight talking, but that's the reality of it.

I just don't want us to trade for Curry only to pass up on LBs in the draft bc of it. Plus I like what I see out of Williams right now, I don't want to take snaps away from him.

Plus Curry's contract is coming up soon. Even if he is a good player, you'll have to pay him soon. So it's a very short term rental. I say no thanks, let's keep what we have and see how they develop.

Sometimes you gotta put some faith in your young talent.

Giantsfan1080
09-28-2011, 08:25 AM
I agree with BBD. Williams has me very intrigued right now and I'd rather keep throwing him out there to if he sinks or swims. He had such a great game against the Eagles and we haven't seen such speed from one of our LB since possibly Barrett Green if you guys remember him. The more I see that McCoy play the more giddy I am about his potential. Kiwi had his best game of the year as well and I believe they were moving him around a bit more. With some of our "easier" opponents coming up I'd like these guys to get as much time on the field as possible.

bigbluedefense
09-28-2011, 08:29 AM
Aaah, Barrett Green. The infamous Barrett Green. How many games did he wind up playing for us? 3? 4? That was so frustrating.

Yeah I definitely want to see Williams out there. Let him develop. We might have something in him.

Jughead10
09-28-2011, 08:31 AM
Aaah, Barrett Green. The infamous Barrett Green. How many games did he wind up playing for us? 3? 4? That was so frustrating.

Yeah I definitely want to see Williams out there. Let him develop. We might have something in him.

Don't they play 2 different positions?

Giantsfan1080
09-28-2011, 08:39 AM
Don't they play 2 different positions?

They were both LB.

BBD he actually played in 10 games for us starting 9.

Jughead10
09-28-2011, 08:45 AM
They were both LB.

BBD he actually played in 10 games for us starting 9.

I'm talking about Curry and Williams. I don't think trading for Curry would necessarily mean less playing time for Williams. If anything it would allow Kiwi to play DE full time if Curry could start.

It seems to me what we have been doing, correct me if I'm wrong I drink too much during the games, is that Williams comes in with Boley in nickel. With Kiwi playing more on the line at Philly, were Jones, Boley, and Williams ever out there at the same time?

Giantsfan1080
09-28-2011, 08:49 AM
I'm talking about Curry and Williams. I don't think trading for Curry would necessarily mean less playing time for Williams. If anything it would allow Kiwi to play DE full time if Curry could start.

It seems to me what we have been doing, correct me if I'm wrong I drink too much during the games, is that Williams comes in with Boley in nickel. With Kiwi playing more on the line at Philly, were Jones, Boley, and Williams ever out there at the same time?

They are giving Williams more to do now. At first he was just in on nickel situations but now they are giving him more packages which is why we saw Kiwi on the line a bit more. Williams is on the goal line stuff now so he was probably out there with Boley and Jones during the big goal line stand.

Jughead10
09-28-2011, 08:57 AM
I still like the potential deal if it is only for a 6th rounder. The upside would just be too much. Even if he never pans out I think it is worth the risk.

BigBlueNorwegian
09-28-2011, 09:08 AM
I still like the potential deal if it is only for a 6th rounder. The upside would just be too much. Even if he never pans out I think it is worth the risk.

I agree. I still think Curry could be a very good NFL linebacker. Sometimes, all it takes is a change of scenery to bring out your potential. I think that is the case with Curry.

and the price is so low, that it's worth the risk. If he plays poorly, just don't resign him to a new contract after next year.

bigbluedefense
09-28-2011, 09:58 AM
We actually ran a lot of 34 style looks vs the Eagles. And brought a lot of A gap pressure up the middle with our blitzes. We moved Kiwi around quite a bit, and we did the same with Williams.

Wiliams played in a lot of packages bc we wanted his speed on the field vs the Eagles. I don't know if he has a true set role in our defense just yet. It seems like they're doing a variety of things with him and figuring out how they want to use him as they go along.

I think none of us, including the coaching staff knew prior to the latter end of the preseason how good of a blitzer Williams is. He's a very good blitzer.

So his package is getting bigger during the game. Him and Stokely.

Giantsfan1080
09-28-2011, 10:08 AM
I definitely missed the Stokely package thing. How did that start?

Jughead10
09-28-2011, 10:09 AM
We actually ran a lot of 34 style looks vs the Eagles. And brought a lot of A gap pressure up the middle with our blitzes. We moved Kiwi around quite a bit, and we did the same with Williams.

Wiliams played in a lot of packages bc we wanted his speed on the field vs the Eagles. I don't know if he has a true set role in our defense just yet. It seems like they're doing a variety of things with him and figuring out how they want to use him as they go along.

I think none of us, including the coaching staff knew prior to the latter end of the preseason how good of a blitzer Williams is. He's a very good blitzer.

So his package is getting bigger during the game. Him and Stokely.

Mine was too. Especially when Vick left the game.

bigbluedefense
09-28-2011, 10:10 AM
I definitely missed the Stokely package thing. How did that start?

youtube "manning stokely"

bigbluedefense
09-28-2011, 10:11 AM
Mine was too. Especially when Vick left the game.

Same.

But then when I heard he'll play this week, it got smaller again.

Giantsfan1080
09-28-2011, 11:09 AM
Osi is returning to practice today!!

Tuck will not be practicing today.

Sounds like Prince will still be about 2-3 weeks away.

bigbluedefense
09-28-2011, 12:24 PM
Osi is returning to practice today!!

Tuck will not be practicing today.

Sounds like Prince will still be about 2-3 weeks away.

I'd like for Prince to be ready in 2 weeks, just so he can get some snaps in before the rough part of the schedule comes up. We're going to need him for that stretch.

Realistically, if he does give us anything this season, he'd start peaking around the time the playoffs start. If we get to the playoffs.

bigbluedefense
09-28-2011, 12:29 PM
I personally am iffy about Osi returning. I say that bc I don't want him to replace JPP as starter. I think JPP earned the right to start, and by getting Osi back, it's almost like we downgraded.

It's crazy to say, but true. Especially since Osi will need a couple of games to get his legs back. You know Osi won't accept a situational role either. This means JPP gets less snaps, and I personally think JPP should be on the field at all times.

Giantsfan1080
09-28-2011, 12:45 PM
Fewell will get them all all the field. I don't care who's the "starter". There are plenty of snaps to go around for everyone.

scottyboy
09-28-2011, 12:46 PM
Well tucks banged up, so having osi back can't hurt. They can all really rotate and hopefully keep them all fresher

Giantsfan1080
09-28-2011, 01:32 PM
Stokley was hurt during practice today. We don't know how bad it is though.

Jughead10
09-28-2011, 02:15 PM
I hope this doesn't effect his package.

BigBlueNorwegian
09-28-2011, 02:59 PM
Stokley was hurt during practice today. We don't know how bad it is though.

They say he strained his quad. So shouldn't as serious as it sounded when he was carted off the field.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-28-2011, 05:12 PM
I personally am iffy about Osi returning. I say that bc I don't want him to replace JPP as starter. I think JPP earned the right to start, and by getting Osi back, it's almost like we downgraded.

It's crazy to say, but true. Especially since Osi will need a couple of games to get his legs back. You know Osi won't accept a situational role either. This means JPP gets less snaps, and I personally think JPP should be on the field at all times.

He better not replacing him. Let Osi be the rotational guy. I can live with that.

bigbluedefense
09-29-2011, 10:39 AM
Osi's starting. JPP will be relegated the rotational role.

It sounds like Stokely's package is going to be missing for 3 to 4 weeks.

I'm curious to see who mans the slot this week, do we put Cruz back in there, or do we put Mario in there. Cruz just seems so much more comfortable on the outside.

But Mario is dumb, so I don't know if he's good in the slot. How come we never gave Nicks a shot there? Perhaps he's also not comfortable there? I'm surprised we never moved him around to see if he can handle it. Not even in the preseason (to my knowledge, i could be wrong).

Giantsfan1080
09-29-2011, 11:49 AM
Nicks, Tuck, and DeOssie are a no go at practice today.

OSUGiants17
09-29-2011, 11:54 AM
Nicks, Tuck, and DeOssie are a no go at practice today.

So pretty much our best Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams players are all not practicing...GREAT!

bigbluedefense
09-29-2011, 01:30 PM
Tuck will probably practice as little as possible this whole season to put less stress on his neck.

Nicks should probably sit out a game or 2, but we have no choice but to play him.

Who cares about DeOssie.

Giantsfan1080
09-29-2011, 01:51 PM
Deossie is so underrated. I don't care that he didn't make it at LB. As a long snapper we never hear about him making a bad snap which is excellent plus he's regularly the first guy down the field making the tackle or at least setting up a teammate.

Forenci
09-29-2011, 02:09 PM
Deossie is so underrated. I don't care that he didn't make it at LB. As a long snapper we never hear about him making a bad snap which is excellent plus he's regularly the first guy down the field making the tackle or at least setting up a teammate.

Agreed. If he wasn't someone we all had expectations for he would probably be a team favorite, ala Chase Blackburn. And honestly, my expectations for a 4th round pick are usually never very high. I just think we all built him up too much around draft time.

bigbluedefense
09-29-2011, 02:16 PM
Come on bro....

bigbluedefense
09-29-2011, 02:18 PM
DeOssie sucks.

That asshole.

Giantsfan1080
09-29-2011, 02:23 PM
He steal your girl or something?

bigbluedefense
09-29-2011, 02:27 PM
Maaaaaaaaan. He was supposed to be so good.

Instead the turd doesn't even try to be a linebacker. He just became so content being a longsnapper he didn't put any effort into being a linebacker. What a jerk.

bigbluedefense
09-29-2011, 02:27 PM
I am in a sour mood today too. Damn, have I become that transparent?

But seriously, **** you DeOssie.

scottyboy
09-29-2011, 03:43 PM
BBD i don't get your hate for DeOssie. He's so so so good on special teams. Remember Trey Junkins? yeah, DeOssie is so steady and solid and as mentioned before, he's always the first one down there. And it's a 4th rounder, it's not like he was a top 3 round pick. He is a 4th rounder, and while he's not a stud or even good LBer, you can't overlook special teams ala the Chargers last season. He's a great leader and so good on specials.

Giantsfan1080
09-29-2011, 06:41 PM
Zach Berman tweet about Cruz:

Interestingly, Gilbride believes Cruz is better long-term as a slot WR than on outside. Does well now b/c outside is easier to learn

OSUGiants17
09-29-2011, 08:17 PM
Zach Berman tweet about Cruz:

Hopefully he just means in the future he will be our slot guy, but not now. I'm fine with him moving there when he gets more experience and knows the system more.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-29-2011, 09:42 PM
That makes sense. Now it's up to Cruz.

OSUGiants17
09-29-2011, 10:44 PM
I was thinking, I don't see us cleaning house this year if we miss the playoffs. Coughlin is a good coach and if this team was at full strength we would be in the playoffs easy. I do however think that Perry and/or Gillbride will get head coaching jobs. If we do lose Perry I would love to bring in the current Florida Gators HC/Texas Longhorns DC Will Muschamp or if a guy like Frazier(Minnesota's HC) loses his job, bring him in as our DC. If we lose Gillbride I would want Haley or a run heavy coach. What are you're guys thoughts?

Giantsfan1080
09-30-2011, 06:34 AM
Muschamp isn't leaving Florida after 1 year to become a coordinator.

bigbluedefense
09-30-2011, 08:47 AM
Muschamp is actually perfect for our defense. He's such a perfect fit. But there's basically a 0% chance he leaves Florida to become a NFL DC.

Cruz...I see where Gilbride is coming from. Bc of his size, Cruz will eventually become a more dangerous slot WR than an outside guy bc that height restricts what he can do on the outside.

But at the same time, I hope that doesn't mean Gilbride will forcefeed him inside. Let him play on the outside, and as he grows and gains experience, let him work the inside when he's more comfortable. He's clearly not comfortable right now inside. So let him develop outside first.

And it's not like small guys can't thrive on the outside. Look at the original Steve Smith. That guy does just fine on the outside.

OSUGiants17
09-30-2011, 10:43 AM
Seriously Muschamp would be the best choice, it's just such a perfect fit. Ive wanted the guy for years now! I know there is damn near no chance of it happening, but Florida does have Charlie Weiss already on the staff who could take over right away if we did take Muschamp.

Rosebud
09-30-2011, 12:16 PM
We'll keep Perry Fewell around for the foreseeable future unless he gets a HC gig, for which he'd have to do some really incredible things with our D. I still like him, his tendency to revert to off zones when he doesn't trust his secondary is a bummer, although that's something that should improve as we get Prince back and PF can trust the secondary more, but he's created some good pressure and has our team stepping up and making important plays.

Muschamp would be really amazing if Fewell gets a HC gig somewhere else, but I don't think that's likely to happen next year or the year after at which point we might actually be able to get Muschamp with a DC to HC when Coughlin finally leaves arrangement.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-30-2011, 12:41 PM
Props to Vin for posting this.

Dottino on WFAN
Vin_Cuccs : 1:37 pm
Some major points:

Tuck, Umenyiora and Nicks all practiced on a limited basis.

All three have said they are going to play.

Umenyiora said he understands the business of football, and he is ready to play.

Team is rallying around Umenyiora and they are estatic that he is back.

Tuck said he is not going to listen to the doctors and if he makes the trip, he is going to play.

Pierre-Paul is excited to get Umenyiora back as all DE's can be more rested.

Jacobs quotes were taken out of context. He was talking about experts and media who were down on the team.

Said Jacobs looks faster and more athletic than ever. He feels the best he ever felt.

Splitting carries helps that and Jacobs will get more carries later in the year when defenses tire.

12+ touches for Jacobs is ideal and perhaps more later in the year.

Jacquain Williams is FAST! Said he picked up Giants defense so fast that he has forced his way onto the field and impressed.

Williams is a very impressive blitzer. Said Williams directly effected McCoy. "Diamond in the rough" with tremendous upside.

End of interview.

LonghornsLegend
09-30-2011, 12:49 PM
Muschamp has always been a very creative guy on the defensive side of the ball, but I think he's always made it clear he wanted to be a College HC in the SEC. Particuliary Georgia, but Florida is a dream job. I think he's where he wants to be and never expressed interest in going to the NFL or seemed like that type of guy but those things change.

That said, you guys know he does run a hybrid scheme though right? There are a ton of 3-4 and 4-3 fronts with him, so I don't know that he'd be along the lines of Spags and just get creative with the 4-3. Not sure how you guys would feel about that, but he's been doing that since I've started following him. Orakpo & Kindle were primarily 3-4 pass rushing OLBers more so then a hand in the dirt DE.

He is one of the most creative, aggressive, and passionate coordinators I've ever seen. His defensive schemes are brilliant, he's got a lot more success ahead of him wherever he plans to be.

All that being said, chances of him leaving Florida before 3-4 years are probably less then 5%. It's 1 of the most desirable jobs in the country, let alone a SEC guy. He'd have to face plant 2-3 years in a row for that to happen. Only way I'd see him go Pro is if he at least won a NC in that time, but that's just speculation on my end.

Rosebud
09-30-2011, 12:50 PM
Yeah, I'm really liking this Williams kid. They idea of sending JPP-Kiwi-Tuck-Osi after QBs towards the end of the season with Boley, Williams, Webster, Prince, Ross, Rolle and Kenny behind them is kinda bonerifying.

Jughead10
09-30-2011, 12:53 PM
Any word on Mario. I'm assuming he's playing. It sounded like his concussion wasn't that bad.

Rosebud
09-30-2011, 12:54 PM
Muschamp has always been a very creative guy on the defensive side of the ball, but I think he's always made it clear he wanted to be a College HC in the SEC. Particuliary Georgia, but Florida is a dream job. I think he's where he wants to be and never expressed interest in going to the NFL or seemed like that type of guy but those things change.

That said, you guys know he does run a hybrid scheme though right? There are a ton of 3-4 and 4-3 fronts with him, so I don't know that he'd be along the lines of Spags and just get creative with the 4-3. Not sure how you guys would feel about that, but he's been doing that since I've started following him. Orakpo & Kindle were primarily 3-4 pass rushing OLBers more so then a hand in the dirt DE.

He is one of the most creative, aggressive, and passionate coordinators I've ever seen. His defensive schemes are brilliant, he's got a lot more success ahead of him wherever he plans to be.

All that being said, chances of him leaving Florida before 3-4 years are probably less then 5%. It's 1 of the most desirable jobs in the country, let alone a SEC guy. He'd have to face plant 2-3 years in a row for that to happen. Only way I'd see him go Pro is if he at least won a NC in that time, but that's just speculation on my end.

Fewell's been having success shifting fronts with our guys this year. He got out of hand with it at points last year, but so far he's been really successful throwing different things at defenses so I don't see a problem with it given our personnel. We have the pieces to have really versatile fronts now that we've got Joseph who can play the nose.

Hypothetically we could even run an attacking 3-4 with a line of Canty-Joseph-Tuck, with Kiwi and JPP at the OLB spots, JPP playing closer to the line since he's the less experienced LB, with Boley and Goff/Williams in the Middle.

Rosebud
09-30-2011, 12:55 PM
Any word on Mario. I'm assuming he's playing. It sounded like his concussion wasn't that bad.

I still don't get how they could tell he was concussed and not just baked out of his mind.

scottyboy
09-30-2011, 01:03 PM
I still don't get how they could tell he was concussed and not just baked out of his mind.

I think they weren't sure so they kept him out as a precaution. Don't want the NFL and big bad goodell on our case.

Giantsfan1080
09-30-2011, 01:15 PM
The one and only one good thing to come out of having injuries is the young players either sink or swim. Williams right now is impressing big time where he may not have even had a chance if Sintim didn't get hurt ahead of him. He's really impressing me so far.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-30-2011, 01:16 PM
Me too! Bring me more JW on blitzes! He got there so fast on Vick. Crush Kolb. If he can come on and get his way on the field more, with our pass rushers, we can be a sick defense even with injuries. Boley is having himself a good start too. We have speed on this defense.

Jughead10
09-30-2011, 01:19 PM
Me too! Bring me more JW on blitzes! He got there so fast on Vick. Crush Kolb. If he can come on and get his way on the field more, with our pass rushers, we can be a sick defense even with injuries. Boley is having himself a good start too. We have speed on this defense.

The injuries are overblown. The only real injuries worth noting is TT and when we had to play without Hixon and Mario.

Austin hurts too, only because it stunts his growth. Not so much because of the success of our defense as a whole this year.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-30-2011, 01:22 PM
The injuries are overblown. The only real injuries worth noting is TT and when we had to play without Hixon and Mario.

We had depth raped from us. It wasn't over blown. It took our best or one of the best CBs out. Took our developing mike out, and basically the depth at one position. DT rookie showing promise..gone. Then we gotta hit our WR who can play special teams too. Gone. Now factor in other injuries that keep players out and we have issues.

However, our young guys have learned quickly and without OTAs and mini camps. Coughlin has been saying that a lot in his interviews on giants.com.

Jughead10
09-30-2011, 01:28 PM
We had depth raped from us. It wasn't over blown. It took our best or one of the best CBs out. Took our developing mike out, and basically the depth at one position. DT rookie showing promise..gone. Then we gotta hit our WR who can play special teams too. Gone. Now factor in other injuries that keep players out and we have issues.

However, our young guys have learned quickly and without OTAs and mini camps. Coughlin has been saying that a lot in his interviews on giants.com.

I hate people who complain about injuries. Let other teams complain about that. It was annoying last year with the Packers fans but they went on and won the Super Bowl. It's part of the game. We need to deal with it.

And developing MIKE? I like Goff but he is replaceable and I'm not sure how much better he was going to get.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-30-2011, 01:32 PM
I hate people who complain about injuries. Let other teams complain about that. It was annoying last year with the Packers fans but they went on and won the Super Bowl. It's part of the game. We need to deal with it.

And developing MIKE? I like Goff but he is replaceable and I'm not sure how much better he was going to get.

Well I haven't. It there we move on. Next man up. I believe in our media market we are so under pressure, injuries or not, we still need to play on.

JG was coming along and playing well. Is he replaceable? Sure, but we liked him and thought he would be the guy. Like that or not, but it stinks that he got hurt. He learned the system and played well in it. This was his year to now run it all.

If Ross or Webster go down we are in deep doo doo. We have no depth basically. That's why guys like TT, Bruce Johnson, were good. One was near pro bowl and the other one was solid for the role assignment which was probably dime.

But next man up.. Let's see if Jones can develop and see what happens. If he can surpass JG, then we may not need to overpay for JG. He is in a contract year, and probably gets a 1 year deal to prove himself now. But I liked him as a player. Smart LB, who could get this system, and possible do some good things.

Packer's had injuries but we were 1 or 2 behind them too. Plus when we get them we get them in 1 or 2 positions. This goes back to the Panthers playoff game where we were signing LBs off the street to play.

Giantsfan1080
09-30-2011, 01:40 PM
I actually think we've done a good job about not complaining about it at all. We've made some jokes here and there but I don't see anyone lamenting over it.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-30-2011, 01:42 PM
This is funny!

http://i.imgur.com/CdLRV.jpg

scottyboy
09-30-2011, 02:07 PM
I'm actually super dooper pumped for Osi to come back.

PASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSH!

NY+Giants=NYG
09-30-2011, 02:09 PM
JPP let's go for 3 sacks this time! 3 sacks 3 sacks! That would be awesome, have 7.5 sacks after 4 games.

scottyboy
09-30-2011, 02:24 PM
I just want there to be a 3rd and long, we come out with Osi-Tuck-JPP-Kiwi with Boley and 6 DB's. Like, that'd be just so orgasmic.

bigbluedefense
09-30-2011, 03:53 PM
Osi needs to **** though. He's getting really annoying.

Osi, be grateful you got your starting position back, bc JPP is replacing your ass very soon. Now go out there and build up your trade value so we can get a LB and WR in the draft. K? Thnx.

OSUGiants17
09-30-2011, 04:24 PM
Trade Osi for draft pick.....use pick to get Sanuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

NY+Giants=NYG
09-30-2011, 05:02 PM
Osi Umenyiora feels 'disrespected'

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7039746/new-york-giants-osi-umenyiora-feels-disrespected-often

"I always have a chip on my shoulder," Umenyiora said Friday. "I feel I'm constantly disrespected. I always feel the need to prove myself, and this season's no different than last season or the season before. And it's probably gonna be the same way next season. Something's going to happen and I'm gonna be disrespected again, and I'm going to have to prove myself all over again. That's just the way it is."

What? We gave you a huge contract! What about you leaving practice because Sheridan called you out? Then you got yourself benched! I am starting to hate this guy.

Giantsfan1080
09-30-2011, 07:39 PM
You guys overreact way to much. He's going to play and he's going to play hard. Who cares if he feels disrespected.

bigbluedefense
10-01-2011, 12:47 PM
I don't question that he's going to play hard. If anything, JPP's play forced that hand, not that it would have mattered since Osi is obviously playing for a contract so he'll play his ass off regardless.

I just don't like how he's CONSTANTLY bitching about his contract. **** already, you're a distraction. Even though you're never a distraction right Osi?

He's really starting to tick me off. He's a diva, there's no way around it. A talented diva, but a diva none the less. I hope JPP doesn't lose a significant amount of snaps with Osi back.

Giantsfan1080
10-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Strahan was the biggest diva of them all and pulled this **** all the time. He's not as good as Stra obviously but I just don't see the big deal.

bigbluedefense
10-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Eh. Build up that trade value Osi. Built up that trade value. We want an early 2nd out of you.

Giantsfan1080
10-01-2011, 01:30 PM
I hope he stays. Clearly nobody wanted to give up a 2nd round pick for him. He's going to be one year older so I don't see why all of a sudden teams are going to change their mind.

bigbluedefense
10-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Teams did offer 2nd round picks for him. The problem was they were teams who would in all likelihood pick in the late 2nd round like the Pats and Ravens.

I want an early 2nd for him.

Realistically, we're not paying him. There's no point when we have Tuck's contract coming up, and JPP already on the roster. We'll move on from him, and probably move on from Kiwi as well, and draft another DE in a year or 2 as the 3rd DE. That's just how we roll these days.

So I figure, as long as he's not going to be here long term, might as well get something out of him. Hell, look at Coffield. We almost got a 2nd round pick out of him but then wound up with nothing.

I don't want the same happening to Osi. Might as well get something out of losing him.

Giantsfan1080
10-02-2011, 11:18 AM
No Tuck today. Good thing Osi is back. We need him.

Giantsfan1080
10-02-2011, 03:26 PM
Osi doing what he does best. Sack and a fumble. Stop hating.

scottyboy
10-02-2011, 04:15 PM
i love Osi. feels good wearing his jersey today with him playing.
oh and uhm, I love Tolly. Always remember that

Giantsfan1080
10-02-2011, 04:17 PM
i love Osi. feels good wearing his jersey today with him playing.
oh and uhm, I love Tolly. Always remember that

You certainly do. Best 5th DE in the NFL haha.

OSUGiants17
10-02-2011, 05:03 PM
I noticed JJ actually suited up today, he do anything? Return kicks? Haven't gotten a chance to watch much :(. These penalties gotta stop

Giantsfan1080
10-02-2011, 05:04 PM
I noticed JJ actually suited up today, he do anything? Return kicks? Haven't gotten a chance to watch much :(. These penalties gotta stop

The 2 holds were BS.

OSUGiants17
10-02-2011, 05:15 PM
can anyone find me a .gif of Bradshaw and his classic spinning spike he does after every TD? Thanks

NY+Giants=NYG
10-02-2011, 05:49 PM
Our offense is terrible! I hate this system and I hate our OL.

Giantsfan1080
10-02-2011, 05:56 PM

Baas injury killed us. I don't know where Koets is. Defense got shredded on the run all day on both sides.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Baas injury killed us. I don't know where Koets is. Defense got shredded on the run all day on both sides.

I am starting to think 7-9, 8-8, or at best if things gel 9-7. This team is not able to over come injuries and our offense flat out stinks. There is no way around it.

Giantsfan1080
10-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Eli is the man. Hate the Giants fans that give him crap.

Malaka
10-02-2011, 06:56 PM
Any one know Baas' status? I hope he's not out for long. I don't trust Boothe at center, and Koets is still banged up.

OSUGiants17
10-02-2011, 06:58 PM

I am starting to think 7-9, 8-8, or at best if things gel 9-7. This team is not able to over come injuries and our offense flat out stinks. There is no way around it.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CLfhzawY-kQ/TlglYxF8-3I/AAAAAAAAAw8/Qdag0WUHcnQ/s1600/Debbie+Downer.jpg

Giantsfan1080
10-02-2011, 07:01 PM
Ehh he's got a point. I hate to get on Gilbride but it is a difficult offense as we've all discussed for 2 years.

BaLLiN
10-02-2011, 07:11 PM
Gotta love it, a lot of things were against us and we still came away with the W

Giantsfan1080
10-02-2011, 07:24 PM
So many positive again as far as I'm concerned. The rule might suck but it was 100% the correct call.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-02-2011, 07:30 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CLfhzawY-kQ/TlglYxF8-3I/AAAAAAAAAw8/Qdag0WUHcnQ/s1600/Debbie+Downer.jpg

Oh I still stand bye that. We screw around most of the game and when we get peed on pooped on and pistol whipped, then the team decides to play. Not to mention we can't rely on the refs to help us each week. That Cruz play looked like a fumble.

Our OL stinks, and has effected our running game, and our defense can't stop the run.

I stand by my statement 1000%! This system is terrible. Change it please someone!

BaLLiN
10-02-2011, 07:30 PM
So many positive again as far as I'm concerned. The rule might suck but it was 100% the correct call.

it was a questionable call, im not gunna say that they got it right or wrong because honestly as a fan of either team i would want the call to go my way because that was a pivotal call for the outcome of the game.

But by giving it to the giants the game doesn't end, if you give it to arizona the game is over. Therefore the implications of calling it a fumble would be much more severe in the outcome of the game. Giving it to the giants is the closest thing to a no call (neutral) so that the refs dont decide the game.

Giantsfan1080
10-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Again it was 100% the right call. The rule might be dumb as hell but they got it right.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-02-2011, 07:54 PM
I thought it had to do with no being touched and the letting the ball go. On BBI someone posted the rule. But still what's the difference?

Intentionally getting to the ground + no effort advancement = Down

Unintentionally getting to the ground + no effort advancement = Down or not?

Giantsfan1080
10-02-2011, 08:00 PM
The rule basically was going to the ground and "giving yourself up." He clearly went down thinking we was tackled.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Yeah, true he went down. But my question is if it has to be intentional. Like flat out dropping down and laying there? Or can do stumble down and just lay there? I think that's the issue, if it's intentional vs un intentional. Cruz made no effort to advance it so that's fine.

At first I thought it was a fumble thinking he wasn't touched and thought he was.

Plus what are the chances Cruz knew the rule? In fact on the WFAN he says he thought he got touched, lol.

Giantsfan1080
10-02-2011, 08:22 PM
Yeah, true he went down. But my question is if it has to be intentional. Like flat out dropping down and laying there? Or can do stumble down and just lay there? I think that's the issue, if it's intentional vs un intentional. Cruz made no effort to advance it so that's fine.

At first I thought it was a fumble thinking he wasn't touched and thought he was.

Plus what are the chances Cruz knew the rule? In fact on the WFAN he says he thought he got touched, lol.

Ohh Cruz had no idea that was the rule. Eli also said he thought it was a fumble and joked that he Cruz was taking lessons from him. The rule is the problem on that one not Cruz. I thought we were screwed as well but again the rule was the problem. They got it right.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-02-2011, 08:46 PM
That's the thing I am not sure what they are looking for to say they got it right. Didn't Peirra say it was a fumble? He was pretty harsh too. What were they looking for? The not advancing it part? I agree with that, but my issue is how you go the ground? Tripping or stumbling vs just dropping down? Is there a difference? That's where I don't get.

Jughead10
10-02-2011, 08:51 PM
It was a make up call. Coughlin worked the refs hard about losing that TO.

Giantsfan1080
10-02-2011, 08:54 PM
That's the thing I am not sure what they are looking for to say they got it right. Didn't Peirra say it was a fumble? He was pretty harsh too. What were they looking for? The not advancing it part? I agree with that, but my issue is how you go the ground? Tripping or stumbling vs just dropping down? Is there a difference? That's where I don't get.

He was wrong. Read the rule and they got it right.

Giantsfan1080
10-02-2011, 08:55 PM
It was a make up call. Coughlin worked the refs hard about losing that TO.

Wrong also. The rule sucks and we got lucky but the refs had it right.

Jughead10
10-02-2011, 09:00 PM
Wrong also. The rule sucks and we got lucky but the refs had it right.

I was joking.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Rule 7 Section 4 Article 1 (a): How to give yourself up

An official shall declare dead ball and the down ended:

(a) when a runner is out of bounds or declares himself down by falling to the ground and makes no effort to advance.

There it is. But Victor Cruz almost gave me a heart attack.

That's the rule. Still not clear..True he fell to the ground but again, intentionlly fall to the ground or not? They should make it clearer..

Giantsfan1080
10-02-2011, 09:05 PM
I was joking.

Usually I could tell but not on that one.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-02-2011, 09:11 PM
Giantcruse
Sneakers O'toole : 9:14 pm
yes, you are. You can't make an unintentional declaration. It's impossible. The words, "declare himself down" implies deliberate action.

Sneakers...
Milton : 9:25 pm
Not necessarily true if you look at the whole sentence....
Quote:
declares himself down by falling to the ground and makes no effort to advance
First of all, it makes no distinction between accidentally falling or intentionally falling; second of all, if you are focused on the "declares" aspect of the rule, you could say that regardless of why he fell down, he declared himself down when he made "no effort to advance".

Someone else articulating the same thing as me..Not sure about it either way. I guess it's a judgement call.

Giantsfan1080
10-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Like I said we did get lucky. The rule now is declares himself down. I thought he did that when he fell to the ground and got up thinking he was tackled. He was clearly not trying to advance the ball after that.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-02-2011, 09:28 PM
Like I said we did get lucky. The rule now is declares himself down. I thought he did that when he fell to the ground and got up thinking he was tackled. He was clearly not trying to advance the ball after that.

Yeah I agree with we got lucky. But for the future, I want to know the rule. I thought it was an interesting case.

That's the thing, we can agree he fell to the ground. But does it have to deliberate or not? He look like he stumbled and just stayed down. I wish the rule made it more clear. I think it's pretty interesting. I had changed the channel thinking it was Arizona ball.

I thought he fell, thought he was touched and let the ball go. He even said he thought he was touched. We got lucky like you said.

Giantsfan1080
10-02-2011, 09:31 PM
Yeah I agree with we got lucky. But for the future, I want to know the rule. I thought it was an interesting case.

That's the thing, we can agree he fell to the ground. But does it have to deliberate or not? He look like he stumbled and just stayed down. I wish the rule made it more clear. I think it's pretty interesting. I had changed the channel thinking it was Arizona ball.

I thought he fell, thought he was touched and let the ball go. He even said he thought he was touched. We got lucky like you said.

Yup the rule is the problem. It says nothing about intentional or not which is why we got lucky. Even though everyone thought it was a fumble the refs really did have it right by the "spirit" of the rule.

Eli is the man though after all this. I really dislike the Giants fans that give him garbage.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-02-2011, 09:58 PM
I like Eli and it shows he is in the wrong system for him. Notice how all of a sudden he can do well. I want to see that more. I think our OL is a big time issue, and our running game or running, smashmouth mentality is in conflict with how the OL is playing. I still hate the system now, and want a change, especially when I see these good games from Eli. He can do so much better in a QB friendly system. I know it!

Giantsfan1080
10-02-2011, 10:44 PM
I like Eli and it shows he is in the wrong system for him. Notice how all of a sudden he can do well. I want to see that more. I think our OL is a big time issue, and our running game or running, smashmouth mentality is in conflict with how the OL is playing. I still hate the system now, and want a change, especially when I see these good games from Eli. He can do so much better in a QB friendly system. I know it!

I thought the line was fine until Baas went out. I think it's a stinger so hope he's back soon.

bigbluedefense
10-03-2011, 07:11 AM
Well...I said before the game that I don't care if we win ugly, I just want a win. I had a feeling that would be uglier than it should have been. We stole that game.

I know the call was the right call, but let's be honest, if we were Cardinal fans right now we'd be killing the refs, Whisenhunt for poor playcalling in the end, and especially their DC for calling an AWFUL final 5 minutes of the game.

We stole this game. No way around it. Arizona should have won, but they blew it for several reasons. I would put it on their DC myself, but that's just me.

No point in complaining about the system anymore. It is what it is, it's not going to magically change mid season. The only way this system changes is if Coughlin is fired. So we're running in circles talking about it.

I don't like how we got ran all over. Poor angles, poor tackling, (lots of holds by them that didn't get called), Greg Jones looked very slow out there trying to hit the edges, and our right side of our line (Osi for the most part) got abused in run defense.

Having that said, Osi came up with 2 huge sacks. Keep building up that trade value my man.

Eli was great. What's lost in that Cruz fumble/downbycontact was how great of a play it was by Eli. The guy just never gets his due. Even the amazing comback he mounted, not a peep about it.

Cruz just looks better on the outside. It seems like Mario got demoted halfway through the game after running a wrong route. To be fair though, Cruz ran the wrong route on 1 play that got Eli ticked off pretty good. Would have been a big gain. But if Eli doesn't stare him down and hits Nicks on the post instead, he would have had another touchdown on his stat sheet as well so Eli isn't completely faultless on that play.

Overall....I'm glad we escaped with the win. That's all I wanted, and that's what we got. On to the next game. This team still has a lot of work to do.

Oh and Kolb sucks. We all know that though.

Jughead10
10-03-2011, 07:40 AM
Their DC looked like such a douche. He looked like a girl who just had her hair braided on a trip to the islands or something.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-03-2011, 07:41 AM
Good post BBD. I went from sorta supporting the system to complete distain for it. Every week, same ole stuff. The offense comes out like they never played football. It's brutal to watch! We see Eli now, and god I think he can be VERY productive in another system. We tried going deep again, and we saw the ball go deep and no giants player there! We can't run the ball anymore and I don't trust our OL. And can we stop running the god damn ball on 3rd and short?!?!?!? We are like the idiot kid who burns himself putting his hand to the stove, and then next day does the same thing. Can we actually break that tendency and go play action instead? Ballard has impressed me actually. He is slow, but hey, he gets it done.

I like our 3 WRs and Nicks is a beast! With Cruz coming on, we have 3 home run threat guys which I like a lot. Our defense has issues with the run, and Tuck needs to get healthy. The guy is so injury prone. If we can get some players like Barden, Koets and Prince back I'd be happy. I think we can do something this year if these guys and our younger guys step up. Props to Tolly for having a career game!

LonghornsLegend
10-03-2011, 09:15 AM
Cruz seems like he should play on our team. Tons of talent, but it's like he spaces out at times and has no clue what is going on. Seems like he shouldn't be running the wrong routes as long as he's been there but geez the dude can flat out play. It's gonna be hard to keep him out of the line-up no matter how many mistakes he makes if he keeps churning out 100 yard games.

He seems like a really good #2 WR that can make big plays off of coverages rolling to Nicks. 1 of my favorite Giants right now(now that Sintim is done) so it be nice to see him continue to get a chance to shine, he's just got to get the mental aspect of things down which has got to be frustrating to watch.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-03-2011, 10:29 AM
Well we are used to mental mistakes with Mario, so adding Cruz to the mix at times, is no biggie, lol. Only PHd player we had was Smith and now he is gone. So now looks like Nicks has graduated with a PHd too.

But that's our system with those complex WR rules. With no OL, and barely any WRs last season, Eli had to force things to try to make things happen. That led to a career high in Ints. Now the season isn't over now, but look how he is doing now.

He is taking more sacks, checking the ball down a lot more, and good things are happening.

Jughead10
10-03-2011, 10:52 AM
Haha the UPS guy at my work (a Redkins fans) came in and dropped his scanner on purpose. Picked it back up and told me don't worry it's not a fumble.

Rosebud
10-03-2011, 11:22 AM
Cruz seems like he should play on our team. Tons of talent, but it's like he spaces out at times and has no clue what is going on. Seems like he shouldn't be running the wrong routes as long as he's been there but geez the dude can flat out play. It's gonna be hard to keep him out of the line-up no matter how many mistakes he makes if he keeps churning out 100 yard games.

He seems like a really good #2 WR that can make big plays off of coverages rolling to Nicks. 1 of my favorite Giants right now(now that Sintim is done) so it be nice to see him continue to get a chance to shine, he's just got to get the mental aspect of things down which has got to be frustrating to watch.

He hasn't really been in our system for that long. This is his second season and he spent all of last year injured. Nicks has been here much longer and even he still runs the wrong route sometimes. Plus a WR spazing out on the field is so Giants football, we've had guys running wrong routes since Eli's been our QB, Shockey and Plax used to do it all of the time, Nicks still does (rarely now though), Mario does something stupid every game. Other than Amani and Steve Smith we haven't had a receiver know this offense as well as Eli and be able to keep up with Eli. I really don't have an issue with his route running, that fumble was stupid, but his route selection has been pretty damn good for a 2nd year player who spent his rookie season on IR. Hopefully he keeps learning and can move into the slot by the end of this season or next so that we can stick Mario, Barden, Jernigan or Devin Thomas out there opposite Nicks on the outside and then our passing game could really start to take off.

Giantsfan1080
10-03-2011, 12:05 PM
I really didn't expect much from Cruz but now I'm really excited for him. I know he had the big preseason last year but I glossed over it thinking it was just because he was going against backup players. He looks really good out there now though and he's stepping up when we need him.

Nicks abused Peterson on that last go ahead TD. Eli is so fun to watch in the 4th quarter. When he's gone the fans will realize how good he really is.

Giantsfan1080
10-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Rolle might have played his best game as a Giant as well. He was all over the place.

OSUGiants17
10-03-2011, 03:30 PM
Rolle might have played his best game as a Giant as well. He was all over the place.

Wasn't this his first game vs Zona? That might have had something to do with it.