PDA

View Full Version : Okoye At 10

primetime0506
03-21-2007, 10:53 PM
well i think the move for schaub will gives us the oppuronity to take okoye because atlanta is either taking landary or moving up to get calvin johnson

cunningham06
03-22-2007, 12:11 AM
Okoye wouldn't be bad, I really like him, but if Landry is there when we pick I would love to get him.

ChefMike
03-22-2007, 10:08 PM
Okoye, Landry or Levi Brown... a LT is a must at some point but i think we can get a Tony Ugoh in the 2nd and again stock the OL in the 4th...

Dunta_23
03-22-2007, 10:55 PM
Okoye, Landry or Levi Brown... a LT is a must at some point but i think we can get a Tony Ugoh in the 2nd and again stock the OL in the 4th...

Tony Ugoh in the 2nd would be an awesome pick, especially if we had a 2nd round pick...

datchapin
03-29-2007, 06:13 PM
Tony Ugoh in the 2nd would be an awesome pick, especially if we had a 2nd round pick...

Ouch man, you think you would get used to that, but for some reason it still stings like a mofo.

energizerbunny
03-29-2007, 06:25 PM
I doubt we take Levi, he doesn't fit our system at all.
Okoye would be a great pick but I doubt we go DLine 4 years in a row.

datchapin
03-29-2007, 06:54 PM
Didn't the Bears do it. I don't think it's about how many you take and remember the first yr. Babin was an extra pick we actually took D-rob that yr. first. TJ just doesn't seem like he'll work out and Williams is the only real one we picked in the 1st that seems to have a real bright future. I wouldn't be against it if it's the best move, but only time will tell right?

America
03-29-2007, 08:31 PM
Datchapin, it's good to see you back here. I love Okoye, and although I don't think that DT is our biggest need, it's still big. I don't like the idea of getting another 1st round Dlineman, but I could live with it cause I love Okoye.

cunningham06
03-29-2007, 08:32 PM
Didn't the Bears do it. I don't think it's about how many you take and remember the first yr. Babin was an extra pick we actually took D-rob that yr. first. TJ just doesn't seem like he'll work out and Williams is the only real one we picked in the 1st that seems to have a real bright future. I wouldn't be against it if it's the best move, but only time will tell right?

Datchapin, you're back!? Where have you been?

datchapin
03-30-2007, 08:09 PM
Datchapin, you're back!? Where have you been?

Long story short. Got a GF, computer crashed and burned and GF convinced me I would be ok w/out it. It was cool, until she found my bank account and saw how much I was paying for my season tix. She went off and commited the cardinal sin of calling my team a looser, kicked her to the curb. All this in the off-season, wow, I thought stuff like that only happened during the season when I become a rabid fan. Oh well, GO TEXANS!!!

I swear women these days. Don't they get the fact that if I'm so committed to the Texans I have no issues with commitment. I hate to sound conceited, but hey it's her loss.

TIMCOUCHSUPERBOWLBROWNS
03-30-2007, 11:37 PM
Okoye is a stud. In a shallower draft, he would go top 3. In fact, I wouldnt be terribly upset if the Browns took him this year at number 3.

shulaw05
03-31-2007, 06:00 PM
trade down, pick up a 2nd rounder, and draft a wr first round, corner/safety/d-line/o-line 2nd and 3rd (best available at any of those positions)...unless AP is on the board at #10...then take him.

cunningham06
04-01-2007, 11:14 PM
Long story short. Got a GF, computer crashed and burned and GF convinced me I would be ok w/out it. It was cool, until she found my bank account and saw how much I was paying for my season tix. She went off and commited the cardinal sin of calling my team a looser, kicked her to the curb. All this in the off-season, wow, I thought stuff like that only happened during the season when I become a rabid fan. Oh well, GO TEXANS!!!

I swear women these days. Don't they get the fact that if I'm so committed to the Texans I have no issues with commitment. I hate to sound conceited, but hey it's her loss.

HAHAHAHA, Datchapin you are my hero, that's hilarious.

America
04-01-2007, 11:15 PM
Datchapin is everyone's hero.

Ravens1991
04-01-2007, 11:19 PM
you would get a young d-line full of potential in Johnson, Williams and Okoye

pswizz
04-03-2007, 03:20 AM
It wouldn't be a bad pick with Okoye at 10, although how sweet would it be to trade down to a later first round pick and pick up Marios Williams d-line mate from the Wolfpack DeMarcus "Tank" Tyler in the second. I could see that helping Williams along in progression to being a great d-end throughout his career.

datchapin
04-03-2007, 08:07 PM
Wow, I'm flattered, lol, thanx. I dunno what to say.

datchapin
04-03-2007, 08:14 PM
It wouldn't be a bad pick with Okoye at 10, although how sweet would it be to trade down to a later first round pick and pick up Marios Williams d-line mate from the Wolfpack DeMarcus "Tank" Tyler in the second. I could see that helping Williams along in progression to being a great d-end throughout his career.

I dunno, I mean it would be cool from a storyline point of view, but I'm more interested in getting the best bang for our picks. I mean behind Okoye, I think Pitcock would be the second best fit at DT for us. I wouldn't pick up Tyler in the first unless we got two first rounders. New England anyone? Or pick him up in the second. If we traded down we don't know how far we would trade down in the first and I'm of the opinion that you gotta take whoever will help the team most at your pick. Depending on where we land I would also think Nelson would be a consideration. When it comes to a point I think we gotta see who presents the biggest upgrade at any position. CB isn't out of the question nor would I be against picking Bowe or another receiver here. Tank would be cool, but I just don't think he represents our best option in the first.

Also, while it might be good chemistry for Mario. I think that he will progress regardless of who's next to him and would benefit from having the best options next to him. If that's Tank than I'm cool with it, but I wouldn't want to sacrifice performance in order to have two friends in the line-up.

Just my 2 cents.

pswizz
04-04-2007, 03:42 PM
Yeah I agree with you that I wouldn't want Tank in the first either, my thoughts were trading down in the first to get a second andpick him there...I also agree with Nelson being an decent choice in the first, as much as I like Landry and think he is a league ahead of Nelson, Nelson will be a solid afety in the league or years to come and he is a big hitter in the defensive backfield. If we were to go wr in the first, I think Bowe could be a great possesion guy opposite Andre Johnson, although ever since the combine I have really started to like the way Meacham plays football. It will be interesting to see what strategy the front office takes in this years draft, in my opinion they could almost do anything at this point.

Also I think it would be a good pick to grab Leon Hall. It would be good to have another good cb. I just don't think Faggins is a good starting cornerback. He works well I think as a nickel cb, but no more

datchapin
04-08-2007, 09:48 AM
Meachem is totally a bad-ass player. I mean I can't believe I forgot to mention him. The fact that he accomplished everything he did in the SEC also bodes well. If we got him I think he would be more like option 1b and not necessarily always our second option. I think he could be that good, man I miss the days when I thought he would have lasted until the second.

Leon Hall, I dunno about him. He was burned way too much for me to think he'll be a big upgrade over what we currently have, I think Revis might be a better choice, but when it comes to the secondary in the first I think Safety is the option that would best serve our team. Hall has all the tangibles you look for, but he's not the greatest tackler and his coverage skills leave something to be desired. I think he will be a good player, but his instincts aren't the greatest. If we picked up Hall, I wouldn't cry, but I sure as hell could see myself bitching and moaning depending on who we passed up for him.

cunningham06
04-08-2007, 07:28 PM
I agree with Datchapin on the safety idea, we could trade down to the middle of the first round and take Nelson, and maybe get a fourth round pick or something. If we hadn't swapped our first round pick we could probably have wrangled a third. There are so many good CB options in the later rounds in this draft, that I am against taking one in the first round.

Here are some players that I really like that will be available after the first round.

Tanard Jackson- he will be gone by the end of the second, I wish we still had that pick
Josh Wilson
Fred Bennett- I can't say enough about this guy, I am a huge fan of his. He will be available for our pick in round 3.
Jonathan Wade
Michael Coe
Travarous Bain- will be available in the fourth and probably the fifth, great sleeper prospect
CJ Gaddis- Clemson alum, awesome
Tarrell Brown- has been overlooked, but has tons of potential

I'm confident that each of these players would be able to push to start if we were to draft them, so I don't think we need to go CB in round one.

pswizz
04-08-2007, 10:24 PM
I believe that we should do what we can to get ourselves back into the second round, if we could end up with an early second rounder, we could pssibly pick Brandon Meriwether from Miami, the second best safety prospect in this draf ahead of Nelson and behind Landy. I think his personality problems will not be an issue in the next level. I am still liking Meachem in the first, I really like him as a 2nd go-to guy, he would take a lot of pressure off of Johnson.

Nightmares Win 6-0
04-09-2007, 11:46 PM
the most likely scenario is that we move back in the first in order to pick up the picks we lost in the schaub trade then select someone like reggie nelson in the mid to late teens...

okoye would be cool and all that but i think we could use the added value that a trade would offer...

cunningham06
04-10-2007, 01:06 AM
No way will we be able to get a second round pick in addition to a mid teen first round pick just by trading our pick at #10. Maybe a third, but to get a second we would have to trade pretty far down.

Nightmares Win 6-0
04-10-2007, 01:09 AM
i may be off base, but i think it's a possibility that we could get a 2nd if we traded with a team like the packers...

not sure why they would want to move up though...

there has been a rumor that denver is looking to trade up with us, which would drop us to #21 in exchange for at least their second...

pswizz
04-10-2007, 10:09 AM
If we could tradwe down with Denver to #21 and a second round pick I think that would be huge. We would have so many opions to go with at 21, possibly Reggie Nelson will still be there, we have 3 or 4 wr to chose from, with what I have been hearing it sounds like Marshawn Lynch is sliding down draft boards, I don't think he will still be there at 21 with teams like Green Bay and Buffalo boh picking before that. But we would have so many different ways to go with this pick, I would really like to see a trade worked out with Denver.

keylime_5
04-17-2007, 01:39 PM
I think if Okoye and Brown are gone, you guys might actually pick Joe Staley over Leon Hall/Darrelle Revis. Fast rising prospect could be this year's Dunta Robinson or Demarcus Ware, and he'd be an excellent fit in Kubiak's offense. Probably the best pass blocking LT other than Joe Thomas since D'Brickashaw Ferguson

America
04-17-2007, 05:23 PM
I love Joe Staley. I'd rather have him than Levi Brown.

ChefMike
04-18-2007, 10:13 AM
I doubt we take Levi, he doesn't fit our system at all.
Okoye would be a great pick but I doubt we go DLine 4 years in a row.

What do you mean 4 years in the row ? Mario and Travis is 2 DL ? I think the Line either DL or OL is the way to go unless you go with Patrick Willis... he is the 2nd coming of Ray Lewis... I think Adrian Peterson will be there though and you can't pass on him. Landry won't make it past 8 if Atlanta is there...

Despite going Defense the last 3 years in the draft... the defense is not the strongest in the league so I think an impact there is still needed to be made and another DL like Okoye or Branch or Jammal Anderson wouldn't be bad to go after...

Nightmares Win 6-0
04-18-2007, 06:22 PM
What do you mean 4 years in the row ? Mario and Travis is 2 DL ?

2004 - Jason Babin
2005 - Travis Johnson
2006 - Mario Williams
2007 - 4th straight 1st round lineman?

primetime0506
04-28-2007, 02:30 PM
yes i called it a over a month ago feel great

datchapin
04-28-2007, 07:17 PM
2004 - Jason Babin
2005 - Travis Johnson
2006 - Mario Williams
2007 - 4th straight 1st round lineman?

2004- Dunta Robinson

While it's true that Babin was a 1st rd. pick I don't consider moving up constituting as Babin being our only 1st pick that yr. Man it's almost as if we didn't draft Robinson when people say that. TJ looks like he's a bust and to be honest was a head scratcher when we did pick him. So technically this would be our 3rd in a row for D-line in the first.

All that said I love the pick. I'm glad we got this kid, with him and Mario I don't think we gotta really concern ourselves with any future 1st rd. d-line next yr.

jeweeee
04-29-2007, 03:24 PM

that is hilarious

cunningham06
04-29-2007, 05:25 PM
I love Okoye at 10, Darrelle Revis was my #1, but Amobi was a close #2. It's awesome that we got Okoye, he will really give us some options next seasons.

jeweeee
04-29-2007, 06:53 PM
the acquisition of okoye will finally get the texans one step closer to having the dominant d-line we've been trying to get for four years

Nightmares Win 6-0
05-07-2007, 03:07 AM
2004- Dunta Robinson

While it's true that Babin was a 1st rd. pick I don't consider moving up constituting as Babin being our only 1st pick that yr. Man it's almost as if we didn't draft Robinson when people say that. TJ looks like he's a bust and to be honest was a head scratcher when we did pick him. So technically this would be our 3rd in a row for D-line in the first.

All that said I love the pick. I'm glad we got this kid, with him and Mario I don't think we gotta really concern ourselves with any future 1st rd. d-line next yr.

no need to get into a bunch of conjecture, the fact is that babin was a first round pick in 2004...

he was the 27th overall pick...

nobody is denying robinson's existence or anything, it's just a simple fact that babin was a first rounder, and we have now selected a DL in the first four years in a row, two of them will likely not start, and we more than likely have the most expensive DL in the NFL...

we better be able to get some pressure this year or else this current group is just a lost cause...

datchapin
05-07-2007, 06:23 PM
no need to get into a bunch of conjecture, the fact is that babin was a first round pick in 2004...

he was the 27th overall pick...

nobody is denying robinson's existence or anything, it's just a simple fact that babin was a first rounder, and we have now selected a DL in the first four years in a row, two of them will likely not start, and we more than likely have the most expensive DL in the NFL...

we better be able to get some pressure this year or else this current group is just a lost cause...

Sorry, guess I was just wound up that day. We don't have the most expensive, but we're up there. I know the Jags have more invested in theirs, but I'm not sure about two of them not starting yet. We got big money invested in 5 guys on the DL. Weaver, Mario, Babin, Johnson, and soon to be Okoye. If Babin doesn't step up, which I think he will, this might be his last yr. Considering he led the team in sacks last yr. on a rotation spot I think he deserves more snaps at end to excell. Weaver could end up starting inside. While I wish I could say Johnson starts inside instead, I just haven't seen enough from him productionwise to put much faith in him. I think with the personnel we got in place we'll get alot of pressure. On paper the line looks solid, hopefully that translates to the field.

cunningham06
05-13-2007, 11:12 PM
Travis Johnson I'm sorry to say may need to be traded or cut. He's expensive and hasn't shown any promise from what I've seen. Maddox is a good option for DT so I would be fine if our lineup was Weaver-Maddox-Okoye-Williams and use Babin as a situational pass rusher.

The Messiah
06-17-2007, 03:25 PM
maybe we should sign gary kubiak as a qb then **** on him