PDA

View Full Version : Troy Weatherhead, QB, Hillsdale

jbombul
02-12-2011, 05:26 PM
What do you guys think of Troy Weatherhead QB, outta D2 Hillsdale College? I went to high school with him, he was all state in Michigan. He's a good guy and I was just curious what his draft stock maybe. Jared Veldheer was drafted by Oakland outta Hillsdale last year so I assume hes at least on the radar?

P-L
02-12-2011, 06:05 PM
He looked really good against Grand Valley State in the DII playoffs. His accuracy stood out the most to me. He's got good size too at 6'3" 225. With that said, he isn't going to get drafted. I could definitely see a team inviting him to camp (if there is training camp) though.

Chidi29
02-12-2011, 10:39 PM
He was a guy I came across a few weeks ago. Never watched him play but as said, he's got good size and his senior numbers were crazy (not that numbers are the say-all, end-all but when you haven't watched him...). Over 77% completion rate.

For what it's worth, I have him as my #18 QB.

JBScouting
02-12-2011, 11:17 PM
What do you guys think of Troy Weatherhead QB, outta D2 Hillsdale College? I went to high school with him, he was all state in Michigan. He's a good guy and I was just curious what his draft stock maybe. Jared Veldheer was drafted by Oakland outta Hillsdale last year so I assume hes at least on the radar?

I have seen several tapes on him while looking at Holmes (WR) and Veldheer last year.

He is pretty accurate. Smart. Good size. Moves well. Would be a great CFL or AFL QB I think but don't see him making it in the NFL. He lacks good arm strength. But I will say I think he gets into a NFL camp if he has a good pro day. He is very accurate as I said, productive, and has good size to go along with the fact that he has likely grown on some folks as they spent numerous hours breaking down Holmes and Veldheer over the last two years.

And if you are looking for some guys who might get drafted that are completely under the radar by most check this link out:

http://www.jbscouting.com/index.php/blog/1599-true-sleepers