PDA

View Full Version : 2011 vikings DRAFTEES!

GoRavens
02-12-2011, 09:27 PM
1st- QB, Blaine Gabbert - finally the pocket QB the Vikings so desperately needed. He'll need quite some time to blossom, but should turn into a decent pro.

2nd- DE, Ryan Kerrigan - high motor playmaker who should be solid in the pros.

4th- CB, Rashad Carmichael - speedy talented CB will provide depth against heavy passing teams.

5th- WR, Detron Lewis - consistent playmaker, reminds me of Derrick Mason, could be a huge steal, but at worst a special teams ace.

5th- DT, Kenrick Ellis - Biggest man in the draft, should fit in nicely.

6th- OLB, Adrian Moten - Super athletic, but very raw, will need time to be anything more than special teams.

7th- OG, Thomas Claiborne - Big, dominate run blocker, could fit for playing time as a rookie. Big steal.

marshallb
02-12-2011, 10:47 PM
I'd be quite happy with that Vikings mock. Gabbert is pretty much the only QB I want us to take in the first round (combination of value and my feelings on the QBs). I doubt that Kerrigan lasts that long, but the value would be too good to pass us to fill a mid-tier need. The rest is quite meh. I like Ellis and he'd be a good replacement for Pat Williams. I'd definitely like to see a S in there and I'd like to see OL filled before the 7th round, but if we were to pick up a S and OL in FA I'd be fine with this.