PDA

View Full Version : My first ever mock

russie
02-13-2011, 05:13 PM
This is my first ever mock, so grab the lube, and please be kind. With the combine still to come, a lot of players have yet to move up or down. I tried to do a projection with how i think some of the players will perform.

I do believe there will be trades, but i didn't include them.

1.carolina panthers: nick fairley, dt

2.denver broncos: da'quan bowers, de

3.buffalo bills: patrick peterson, cb

4.cincinnati bengals: cam newton, qb

5.arizona cardinals: blaine gabbert, qb

6.cleveland browns: a.j. green, wr

7.san franciso 49ers: von miller, lb

8.tennessee titans: robert quinn, de

9.dallas cowboys: j.j. watt, de

10.washington redskins: marcell dareus, dt

11.houston texans: prince amukamara, cb

12.minnesota vikings: cameron jordan, de

13.detroit lions: nate solder, ot

14.st. louis rams: julio jones, wr

15.miami dolphins: mark ingram, rb

16.jacksonville jaguars: aldon smith, lb

17.new england patriots: adrian clayborn, de

18.san diego chargers: ryan kerrigan, de

19.new york giants: gabe carimi, ot

20.tampa bay buccaneers: akeem ayers, lb

21.kansas city chiefs: jimmy smith, cb

22.indianapolis colts: tyron smith, ot

23.philadelphia eagles: anthony castonzo, ot

24.new orleans saints: justin houston, lb

25.seattle seahawks: jake locker, qb

26.baltimore ravens; torrey smith, wr

27.atlanta falcons: mike pouncey, og

28.new england patriots: dan watkins, og

29.chicago bears: muhammad wilkerson, dt

30.new york jets: cameron heyward, de

31.pittsburgh steelers: derek sherrod, ot

32.green bay packers: corey luiget, dt

if you have any questions, i'll try to explain how i screwed up your team's pick.

scar988
02-13-2011, 05:25 PM
Awful Falcons pick. We have ZERO need to draft a Guard. We WILL re-sign either Blalock or Dahl and drafted Mike Johnson as the future starter last year. Actual ATL needs are LT, DE, WR, COP RB and TE.

SimonRath
02-13-2011, 05:31 PM
yes, pretty terrible falcons pick. give us torrey smith.

vidae
02-13-2011, 05:32 PM
Not a great Chiefs pick. CB is one of the strongest units on the team with Flowers, Carr, Arenas (first year) and Leggett set to come back from an injury.

Justin Houston would be a much better pick there.

wicket
02-13-2011, 05:41 PM
Not a great Chiefs pick. CB is one of the strongest units on the team with Flowers, Carr, Arenas (first year) and Leggett set to come back from an injury.

Justin Houston would be a much better pick there.

you can have justin houston as he really doesnt fit well in the saints D at all

49erNation85
02-13-2011, 05:50 PM
I'll take Von Miller but I would rather have amukamara if he is there at number 7.

Bengals78
02-13-2011, 06:00 PM
Pretty much the worst Bengals pick you could have made.
Gabbertt, Miller, Dareus all would have been better. And I really dont want Gabbertt but I would take him before Newton.

TheFinisher
02-13-2011, 06:20 PM
If we take Watt over Prince or Dareus there will be riots in Texas.

russie
02-13-2011, 06:20 PM
Houston will give the saints an instant boost as a pass rusher. the saints would be better off grabbing a de, but with no one really worth the value, i think houston is too good to pass on.

pouncey will be an good upgrade to a decent line. with a franchise qb and a stellar rb, you need to keep them protected; and pouncey provides an imediate upgrade over johnson while providing insurance in case blaylock or dahl walk for greener pastures.

jimmy smith is a large cb who is very good in coverage and has the ability to step up and stop the run. he's ready to play from day one, and i think the chiefs could imediatley slide him into the nickel, where as he might even be able to pull down the starting job.

cam newton seems to be the only qb with his stock rising instead of falling. the other top 3 seem to be taking a quick slide to the middle of the round. with palmer wanting out, i think the bengals have to grab on to the only qb that might be worth the pick.

scar988
02-13-2011, 06:25 PM
Pouncery doesn't make sense when the weakness on the line is at LT. our OG's are 2 top 15 OG's. Where our LT is a bottom 5 LT. So why would we get an OG when OG isn't a need? again, the pick doesn't make sense and the reasoning makes less sense.

russie
02-13-2011, 06:26 PM
If we take Watt over Prince or Dareus there will be riots in Texas.

watt is a player i see greatly improving his stock at the combine. he is a strong pass rusher with the strength to hold up as a run defender, and he will only make demarcus ware a more dominant player. watt is also capable of sliding inside in more of a passing situation. cb is a great need, but with newman and jenkins, a cb can be brought in in the 2nd round.

russie
02-13-2011, 06:31 PM
Pouncery doesn't make sense when the weakness on the line is at LT. our OG's are 2 top 15 OG's. Where our LT is a bottom 5 LT. So why would we get an OG when OG isn't a need? again, the pick doesn't make sense and the reasoning makes less sense.

thanks for the negative rep on my first attempt douche.

scar988
02-13-2011, 06:34 PM
thanks for the negative rep on my first attempt douche.

Rep with me is based on reasoning and how much logic you use. You didn't use ny logic. When you make a good post I'll pos rep you.

prock
02-13-2011, 06:36 PM
I would be fine with Jordan.

russie
02-13-2011, 06:36 PM
Rep with me is based on reasoning and how much logic you use. You didn't use ny logic. When you make a good post I'll pos rep you.

ok, internet tough guy, point taken

scar988
02-13-2011, 06:40 PM
ok, internet tough guy, point taken

not being a tough guy. If I like a post I pos rep. If the post makes no sense I neg rep. I don't say I'm gonna beat you up. I'm just being honest with you.

shylo3716
02-13-2011, 06:40 PM
Explain how you f*cked up by not giving Brandon Harris to Philly, it is quite obvious he will be available for us to take. You don't even have him in Rd 1

russie
02-13-2011, 06:57 PM
Explain how you f*cked up by not giving Brandon Harris to Philly, it is quite obvious he will be available for us to take. You don't even have him in Rd 1

harris is one that i see taking a slide. the notre dame game was a giant strike against him, although Michael Floyd is a good reciever.

TheFinisher
02-13-2011, 06:58 PM
watt is a player i see greatly improving his stock at the combine. he is a strong pass rusher with the strength to hold up as a run defender, and he will only make demarcus ware a more dominant player. watt is also capable of sliding inside in more of a passing situation. cb is a great need, but with newman and jenkins, a cb can be brought in in the 2nd round.

The difference in need between CB and DE is certainly not enough to pass over Prince to reach for Watt, the value doesn't make sense. Even if Dallas is extremely down on Prince (which I doubt) that still doesn't explain why they would take Watt over a blue chip prospect like Dareus, who can do all the same things you just said about Watt, except better.

SimonRath
02-13-2011, 07:05 PM
harris is one that i see taking a slide. the notre dame game was a giant strike against him, although Michael Floyd is a good reciever.

i think Patrick Patterson had a bad game at sometime in his college career. one game wont effect anything..

Matthew Jones
02-13-2011, 07:59 PM
The Patriots don't have a spot where Clayborn could fit in on the defense. He's not athletic enough to drop in coverage consistently at their OLB spot, and he's not big enough to hold up against double teams and control two gaps in the run game. Ryan Kerrigan would be great for the OLB spot there at #17. At #28, Watkins is a definite possibility but due to his age I'd pass on him for Muhammad Wilkerson, who at 6'5" 305 projects very well as one of those two-gap ends mentioned earlier.

Pat Sims 90
02-13-2011, 08:05 PM
Newton really wont fit in a WCO. If u give the Bengals a QB give them Gabbert because he is a better fit in the WCO.

rawdawg
02-13-2011, 08:15 PM
Don't think the Bears would go Wilkerson over Liuget.

CJSchneider
02-13-2011, 08:22 PM
you can have justin houston as he really doesnt fit well in the saints D at all

Houston will give the saints an instant boost as a pass rusher. the saints would be better off grabbing a de, but with no one really worth the value, i think houston is too good to pass on.

I agree with Wicket. I'd rather have Stephen Paea.

proshoota25
02-14-2011, 03:18 AM
The Patriots don't have a spot where Clayborn could fit in on the defense. He's not athletic enough to drop in coverage consistently at their OLB spot, and he's not big enough to hold up against double teams and control two gaps in the run game. Ryan Kerrigan would be great for the OLB spot there at #17. At #28, Watkins is a definite possibility but due to his age I'd pass on him for Muhammad Wilkerson, who at 6'5" 305 projects very well as one of those two-gap ends mentioned earlier.

i agreee wit ROP listen to the dude

Poz51
02-14-2011, 07:39 AM
I do believe there will be trades, but i didn't include them.
3.buffalo bills: patrick peterson, cb
6.cleveland browns: a.j. green, wr
7.san franciso 49ers: von miller, lb
9.dallas cowboys: j.j. watt, de

For Buffalo as a fan I love the Peterson pick, Nix and Gailey's history (last year) indicates they will go BPA with the least/no character concerns, so it makes sense in that aspect. I also believe that there will be trades, and I dont think Green falls past Cincy (although the Palmer situation clouds that thought), making Cleveland a strong canidate to move up if they truely want him, the 9ers and more specifically the Cowboys are strong canidates if Peterson gets past the Bronco's IMO. I dont agree with some of your fits and projections, but its early in the process, and I have seen worse first efforts.
Good Bills pick.

thebow305
02-14-2011, 09:28 PM
Great miami pick!