PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Baseball help thread

Chucky
02-13-2011, 10:22 PM
Thought it was neccesary.

My dillema. I am in a standard 5 x 5 roto keeper league. In the second year of a keeper league, team was **** last year(resulting me in having the second pick of each round) but I am decent shape. 20 players per team, keep 10 players

My team:

C:Buster Posey
1B:Adrian Gonzalez
2B
SS:Jose Reyes
3B:
LF:Delmon Young
CF:Matt Kemp
RF: Mike Stanton
UTIL

SP:Felix Hernandez
SP:Justin Verlander
SP:Clay Bucholz
RP:
RP:
SP:Jeremy Hellickson
SP:
SP:

I have two picks in the first round(2nd and last) as well as four picks in the second round(2nd pick and final 3 picks). I just got offered a trade of Kendry Morales for Clay Bucholz.

Value wise this works out for me, but I am hesitant to go into the season with only 3 SPs. However their is an abundance of solid pitchers available in the draft such as Scherzer, Cahill,Marcum, Lilly, Sanchez,Dempster,Cecil,volquez,lackey and pitchers of that caliber. Who I could definately get one of(unless I decide to go Neftali Feliz with my first pick) and possibly two.

So should I make that trade?

gpngc
02-13-2011, 10:36 PM
Yes make that trade.

Bucholz had a great season but you're banking on him repeating that. Plus he's not a big K guy which makes him less valuable in fantasy.

Morales is absolutely more valuable than Bucholz lol. I don't even think I need to explain why.

And there are ALWAYS pitchers to be found. Even after the draft. Target Morrow if he wasn't kept.

And DO NOT take Feliz with your first pick. You can find closers later.

Chucky
02-13-2011, 10:54 PM
Alright just made the trade haha. Managed to swap my 7th rounder for his 3rd rounder as well.

The top SPs available(according to yahoo rankings):
Scherzer
Marcum
Cahill
Wandy Rodriguez
Ted Lilly
Jon Sanchez
Gio Gonzalez
Ryan Dempster
Vazquez
Kuroda
Colby Lewis
Ervin Santana
CJ Wilson
Gavin Floyd
Jhoulys Chacin
Volquez
Jordan Zimmerman

gpngc
02-13-2011, 11:02 PM
Alright just made the trade haha. Managed to swap my 7th rounder for his 3rd rounder as well.

The top SPs available(according to yahoo rankings):
Scherzer
Marcum
Cahill
Wandy Rodriguez
Ted Lilly
Jon Sanchez
Gio Gonzalez
Ryan Dempster
Vazquez
Kuroda
Colby Lewis
Ervin Santana
CJ Wilson
Gavin Floyd
Jhoulys Chacin
Volquez
Jordan Zimmerman

WTF are you playing with a monkey?

I was big on Marcum last year ($$$$$) but not this year at his price. He was stellar at home - I wonder what the change will do to him (I know it's NL central but you never know). He'll probably be alright but I won't be kicking myself if he is because he's got no upside - again pitching is all about consistent K/9 because all the other stats are volatile and in many cases based on luck.

Scherzer was LIGHTS OUT down the stretch for me last year. He could become elite. I'd take him at #2 (if there aren't any decent batters left).

Wandy also pitched well down the stretch last season. I like him for his late-round price.

But when you are talking about those types of pitchers, I prefer sprinkling one or two of them in and going all BATS. Then grabbing late-round arms with high upside (Johan, Webb, Pineda, De La Rosa, etc.) But you have a filled roster pretty much...

Chucky
02-13-2011, 11:13 PM
WTF are you playing with a monkey?

I was big on Marcum last year ($$$$$) but not this year at his price. He was stellar at home - I wonder what the change will do to him (I know it's NL central but you never know). He'll probably be alright but I won't be kicking myself if he is because he's got no upside - again pitching is all about consistent K/9 because all the other stats are volatile and in many cases based on luck.

Scherzer was LIGHTS OUT down the stretch for me last year. He could become elite. I'd take him at #2 (if there aren't any decent batters left).

Wandy also pitched well down the stretch last season. I like him for his late-round price.

But when you are talking about those types of pitchers, I prefer sprinkling one or two of them in and going all BATS. Then grabbing late-round arms with high upside (Johan, Webb, Pineda, De La Rosa, etc.) But you have a filled roster pretty much...

Ya my lineup is pretty much set to be honest. Just need a 2B and a 3B.

The top 2B are:

Martin Prado
Kelly Johnson
Brian Roberts
Howie Kendricks
Chone Figgins
Gordan Beckham

Right now I kind of plan on grabbing Figgins as I kind of need steals with only Reyes and Kemp. I do however plan on grabbing Ackley in like the third round as a potential keeper

Top 3B:
Michael Young
Martin Prado
Casey McGehee
Pablo Sandoval
Ian Stewart

Ya, Prob gonna go Scherzer in the first. I plan on going pitching early and often with my early draft picks.

bsaza2358
02-28-2011, 12:49 PM
Trying to value Adam Lind in a deep auction keeper league. Think 14 teams and 2x standard roster size and starting rosters. We start 7 OF/DH's. Average player cost = $11.50. One of my league mates has Adam Lind at $12 with his contract expiring after this season. I have a bunch of good value players and would like to add Lind and some power to my team. I have 3 closers at good price, but with 14 teams, it offers me a solid advantage.

Thoughts on what 1 year of Lind is worth in a 42 player/$460 cap mixed league?