PDA

View Full Version : Draft Countdown, Help My Best Friend Get To the NFL

batman15
02-15-2011, 03:18 PM
Just watch the video below. The more views it has, the more people will notice it. The scouts of certain NFL teams has already contacted me about his 40 yard dash video, which I also put in this post. I'm helping his marketing team/agency to get the word out. We've already been in contact with Arkansas State University and Ole Miss about letting him participate in their pro days, both have said they'd let him come. He's been training at D1 since the season has been over.

He's 6'5", 200 pounds. State 200 meter champ in high school. 141 catches/2,311 yards/29 touchdowns in college. First 2 years in a 4 and 5 wide offense that was atop the GSC in offense, then played in a triple option offense the past 2 years.

Uvq03gmfrho

Here is his 4.36 forty on track from the spring.

dJxlWTb0tWM

Touchdown.
tL-ns1rM4Ro

PossibleCabbage
02-15-2011, 03:25 PM
We don't actually have any power to get players drafted any lower or higher. Anything you show us or tell us, some scout for some team has probably already seen or heard. Still, best of luck to Mr. Adams.

batman15
02-15-2011, 03:31 PM
We don't actually have any power to get players drafted any lower or higher. Anything you show us or tell us, some scout for some team has probably already seen or heard. Still, best of luck to Mr. Adams.

I know, like I said scouts have already seen things. But if that guy from Canada can get noticed from YouTube, then I think Kurt can too.

Thank you.

descendency
02-15-2011, 03:42 PM
Good luck to your friend. If I am an NFL talent evaluator, I'd be scared of his 6'5" 200LB frame, though.

the natural
02-15-2011, 03:48 PM
I know, like I said scouts have already seen things. But if that guy from Canada can get noticed from YouTube, then I think Kurt can too.

Thank you.

Beiber was 7th on Google's Most Popular Woman chart, so I guess it isn't out of the question that the gets taken in the NFL Draft as well. :)

no bare feet
02-15-2011, 03:51 PM
The USA Track and Field Team is looking for a pole vaulter.

batman15
02-15-2011, 03:57 PM
Good luck to your friend. If I am an NFL talent evaluator, I'd be scared of his 6'5" 200LB frame, though.

Lol I know. We've talked about that. He's a super hard gainer, eats like crap and gains nothing. Eats healthy, gains nothing. he's trying though. We're confident that he'll be of size when the time comes.

ElectricEye
02-15-2011, 04:31 PM
Hey, good luck man. He's big and fast and that certainly counts for something. I gave every one of them a view.

batman15
02-16-2011, 10:35 AM
Just passed 5,000 views on the videos. Thank y'all. Keep it coming.

batman15
02-17-2011, 02:05 PM
5,527 views. Thank you so much. There is an SEC rule that will prevent him from participating in the Ole Miss pro day. So it looks like Arkansas State on March 18th.

JustDezIT
02-17-2011, 02:11 PM
6'5 200 pounds? Holy ****. Isn't that borderline anorexic?

What school does he go to?

mqtirishfan
02-17-2011, 02:56 PM
The USA Track and Field Team is looking for a pole vaulter.

If they were simply looking for the pole, I'd suggest he try out.

Razor
02-17-2011, 03:15 PM
Wow.. If he's really 6'5" and runs this fast in the pre-draft workouts I'm pretty sure some team will pick him up as a FA after the draft. A couple of years on a practice squad and maybe he can develop... Nice measurables, but unfortunatly that's not all that matters. Best of luck to your friend!

Mr. Goosemahn
02-17-2011, 03:32 PM
Yeah, he should really bulk up. 200 lbs. for a 6'5 guy is just to light, have him drink a lot of whole milk and eat a lot of chicken or something, haha.

But if he can legitimately run in/near 4.30's at that height, he's got to garner some attention.

fear the elf
02-17-2011, 03:53 PM
I'm at work so I can't see the video, maybe if I could actually see how he carries his size I wouldn't say this, but... some of these reactions to being 6'5 and 200 lbs are slightly over-the-top. AJ Green is an inch shorter and 5 lbs heavier. It's not like this guy is 180 lbs.

Anyway, good luck to your friend.

EDIT: That's not to say he shouldn't bulk up, I'm just saying he's not much different from other guys coming out of school.

GoRavens
02-17-2011, 03:53 PM
looks like a legit arena player.
his only nfl chance is to add 10+ pounds and to make plays in the afl.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
02-17-2011, 04:01 PM
The ghost of Jeff Samardzija?

Mr. Goosemahn
02-17-2011, 04:03 PM
I'm at work so I can't see the video, maybe if I could actually see how he carries his size I wouldn't say this, but... some of these reactions to being 6'5 and 200 lbs are slightly over-the-top. AJ Green is an inch shorter and 5 lbs heavier. It's not like this guy is 180 lbs.

Anyway, good luck to your friend.

EDIT: That's not to say he shouldn't bulk up, I'm just saying he's not much different from other guys coming out of school.

Green is listed as 214, this guy is 195.

prock
02-17-2011, 04:06 PM
I am 6'5" 170, so this guy is a giant!!

fear the elf
02-17-2011, 04:14 PM
Green is listed as 214, this guy is 195.

I was basing off of his listed weight on this website and the OP. Based on those two sources, they are 5lbs apart.

He's 6'5", 200 pounds. State 200 meter champ in high school. 141 catches/2,311 yards/29 touchdowns in college. First 2 years in a 4 and 5 wide offense that was atop the GSC in offense, then played in a triple option offense the past 2 years.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/WR/AJ-Green.php

FUNBUNCHER
02-17-2011, 05:16 PM
6'5 200 pounds? Holy ****. Isn't that borderline anorexic?

What school does he go to?
LOL but guys are just crazy about AJ Green who isn't much bigger.

Comes down to whether or not there's a season and this kid gets a chance to show something in minicamp and then get an invite to TC.

If he's lucky, he makes some team's practice squad.

If somebody upstairs owes him a miracle, then he's the best rookie WR in some NFL team's TC and gets a final roster spot.

He better be a tough SOB at 200# because if he can't play specials, he won't stick on a team in 2011.

If your friend is really serious about making it to the NFL, he needs to gain at least 10# in the next couple months and maybe see if he can get a tryout with a CFL team.

With his size and alleged speed, the NFL scouts won't forget about him if he shows anything up north.

Guys like Anthony Armstrong and Wes Welker had to grind in obscurity before they made their mark in the pros.

His ETA should be more than a one year window, IMO.

niel89
02-17-2011, 05:40 PM
Hopefully that pro day will really get him some recognition. A 6'5" player who can run a 4.3-4.4 will turn some heads. Sucks that he could go to the Ole Miss pro day because NFL scouts would for sure be there. I hope that Ark St can draw some scouts in because this guys size/speed he should get some looks.

batman15
02-18-2011, 01:15 PM
Bump. Thanks for the input. Keep the views and discussion coming.

Any questions, just ask.

descendency
02-18-2011, 01:26 PM

AJ Green is 2 inches shorter and 5-10 pounds heavier. That's quite a bit bigger.

JustDezIT
02-18-2011, 02:38 PM

LOL. Green is 6'3 (not 6'4) and 210 pounds.

This guy is 6'5 and 200 pounds (which is probably a boost). If he was 6 feet he'd probably be 140 pounds to give a comparison.

That is night and day.

Also, if you read any of Greens scouting reports and his followers opinions, you'd know his biggest and probably only question mark is the fact that he is so slim and skinny and not very strong.

ChiFan24
02-18-2011, 04:15 PM
If he's 6-5 and runs a 4.36, I don't care that he's 200 pounds, I'm gonna put him in and have him run a streak whenever he's on the field. He can be useful, assuming he can catch the ball, of course.

Chidi29
02-18-2011, 05:04 PM
While he may be faster than a lot of 6'5 WRs, I doubt he's actually sub 4.4 fast. Being a track champion means he knows how to get off the blocks as well as anyone and cut some time. Put him in pads and out of a starting stance and that 40 time is going to lose its shine.

Best bet is for him to get a look in camp. Unproductive senior year (granted, offense didn't help him as you said) and a 2009 year cut well short because of a knee injury doesnt bode well.

batman15
03-18-2011, 03:58 PM
Just got back from pro day at Arkansas State. 33" vert. Caught every pass. 16x225 on bench. Anddddd 4.43 forty on turf.

Seahawks, packers, and texans all stayed around afterwards to talk 1 on 1 and showed a ton of interest about drafting him.

ElectricEye
03-18-2011, 04:19 PM
That's really awesome man! Putting up some numbers there. Good luck throughout the process.

niel89
03-18-2011, 05:01 PM
Just got back from pro day at Arkansas State. 33" vert. Caught every pass. 16x225 on bench. Anddddd 4.43 forty on turf.

Seahawks, packers, and texans all stayed around afterwards to talk 1 on 1 and showed a ton of interest about drafting him.

Awesome! Did you get any official height and weight numbers? i just want to know if he actually got 6'5" or over, and I hope he was over 200 lbs.

Heck getting interest from those teams mean he should get a camp tryout at a minimum hopefully. It would be extra sick to see him get drafted though.

niel89
03-18-2011, 05:05 PM
Check this out:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/03/18/harding-wr-adams-helps-himself-at-arkansas-st/

Brent
03-18-2011, 05:06 PM
Uvq03gmfrho
they sure love to run him on a skinny post out of the slot. that was like half the TDs haha.

FUNBUNCHER
03-18-2011, 05:35 PM
Check this out:

Nice report from Gil Brandt.

Weighing 198# at 6'4 and change won't work in the NFL; dudes in the NFL will literally attempt to snap him in two the first time he catches a pass. His height/weight is small for a D1 shooting guard.

I still think if your boy's dream is to play pro ball, he needs to look at it as a 2-3 year project, not a one shot deal.

Hopefully if the new CBA is signed before June, he will get a chance to attend an NFL minicamp and get his name into some coach's databank.

Work like hell to gain 20# of good weight in 2011, find an agent and try out for a team again in 2012.

Every team needs a big WR with reliable hands, can run the correct routes who has some decent foot speed.

He's got some physical tools, but he really needs to bulk up.

batsandgats
03-18-2011, 06:42 PM
15 pounds would be enough, it wouldn't be that hard to add it in a few months. Ed McCaffrey was 6'5 and 215 pounds, went across the middle quite a bit. Just needs a good strength and conditioning coach + nutritionist. Jeremy Shockey was like 6'5 195 pounds out of high school and didn't bulk up that much until at Miami, after juco. Even then he was around 230, i think hes listed at 250 now.

Adrian Arrington is like 6'3 192 pounds, 7th rounder. Hasn't caught on except for nice preseason plays, but hasn't been snapped in half. He had 7 passes caught last season. I think he was battling turf toe for a while.

batman15
03-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Check this out:

Well half of that is true, the other half isn't.

The packers scout, Alfonso?, helped Kurt with his start and he was timed at 4.43. I was there lol.

And he got 3 more bench reps than listed.

batman15
05-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Just an update:

Jim Harbaugh called Kurt yesterday during the 7th round and told him to "be watching" and "have your phone on" because "they were thinking about using one of the last 3 picks" on him.

The 49ers never called back.

An hour passed by and Mike Tice called and said "we didn't draft any receivers and we don't have any receivers" and if he "wanted to be a Bear, they want him to come be a Bear as soon as the lockout is over."

So, thank you for all your support. We had fun yesterday.

ElectricEye
05-01-2011, 04:35 PM
That's excellent stuff man. Good luck navigated to convoluted web of the lockout haha.

BaLLiN
05-01-2011, 05:02 PM
thats sick, i wonder if all the teams did something like this to players with the lockout. If so then im sure that these players will wait before signing with the UFL bc NFL > UFL AFL CFL

drd23
05-01-2011, 06:55 PM
thats sick, i wonder if all the teams did something like this to players with the lockout. If so then im sure that these players will wait before signing with the UFL bc NFL > UFL AFL CFL

Ozzie Newsome in his post draft press conference said that they werent allowed to call potential UDFAs and say "we'd like to sign you when the lockout is over" types of things.

I'd love to know if they can or if Ozzie was just saying that to make sure the doesn't get in trouble with the league. And if they can't, what happens to the Bears for basically saying that to this guy?

fenikz
05-01-2011, 07:01 PM
youre not allowed to do that. im sure plenty of teams did it but some fine will surely be handed out

BlindSite
05-01-2011, 07:49 PM
I think they're not allowed to discuss contracts or particulars but saying "we'd like you to be a bear" can't really be construed as an offer.

vidae
05-01-2011, 08:01 PM
Good stuff and good luck to your friend!

Nikolas
05-01-2011, 08:04 PM
Tell your friend to just think of Arian Foster. 2009 on the practice squad, 2010 Leading Rusher in the NFL.

Ozzy
05-01-2011, 08:30 PM
This is the first I saw of this. Best of luck to the kid, anyone can accomplish a lot if they put their mind to it.

However, on the negative side I see a few things. One he seems to have trouble at times getting separation from those defensive backs he was playing against. That is not that impressive, especially at the level he is at. He does not look good as a receiver physically. That weight is a huge issue, being that thin and that tall, his legs look like twigs and I doubt he can block very well. It also does not look like he can make people miss a lot, and his jump ball ability has to do with his height and just being tall. Not so much attacking the football exploding and catching the football and getting it. He is just bigger than those around him so he comes down with it. No doubt he is fast, but looks more like track speed than football explosion.

Put him up against in one on one drills with Tori Gurley, Owen Spencer, Chris Matthews or DeAndre Brown. All big receivers, I doubt just on the eye ball test this Kurt Adams guy beats any of those players. And all of those players went undrafted. Sure he does not have the character issues Brown has though, but still, doubt in a workout he would impress over those guys so that gives perspective to the chances.

But one can always do something, but hard to change ones body physically, you kind of are what you are. Best of luck though, but those are my two cents.

Monomach
05-01-2011, 08:42 PM
All I'm going to say is that he doesn't just look skinny...he looks Amy Winehouse skinny.

drd23
05-01-2011, 08:57 PM
I think they're not allowed to discuss contracts or particulars but saying "we'd like you to be a bear" can't really be construed as an offer.
Not the impression I got watching the press conference. It sounded like you cant even discuss the potential of coming into TC.

Also, "want him to come be a Bear as soon as the lockout is over" sounds kinda like a verbal agreement to sign him to me.

Monomach
05-01-2011, 09:55 PM
Not the impression I got watching the press conference. It sounded like you cant even discuss the potential of coming into TC.

Also, "want him to come be a Bear as soon as the lockout is over" sounds kinda like a verbal agreement to sign him to me.

Easily fixed.

Goodell: Did you guys tell that concentration camp survivor-looking kid you wanted to sign him?

Bears: Nuh-uh.

Goodell: Ok, cool.

niel89
05-01-2011, 10:13 PM
I knew that teams were contacting some priority UDFAs and saying that there is some interest. They can't officially get them signed but I'm sure they have contacted these guys before the end of the draft to express interest in them.

I'm glad that your guy is getting a shot at least. Just tell him to remember to keep working, its a marathon not a sprint.