PDA

View Full Version : Mocka Mocka

DiG
02-16-2011, 03:00 PM
Quick 1st round mock. Looking for some feedback as I continue to work through my 3 rounder. A couple trades. I have write ups for most of these but waiting to post with my 3 rounder. Really looking for some discussion. Please tell me why you like or dislike a pick and why you would go another direction. Post any questions also and Ill gladly answer. Thanks.

1. Panthers - Cam Newton , QB
2. Broncos - Da'Quan Bowers, DE
3. Bills - Marcell Dareus, DL
4. Bengals - Nick Fairley, DT
5. Cowboys via Cardinals - Patrick Peterson, CB
6. Browns - AJ Green - WR
7. Niners - Von Miller, OLB
8. Titans - Blaine Gabbert, QB
9. Cardinals via Cowboys - Robert Quinn, OLB
10. Lions via Skins - Patrick Amukamara, CB
11. Texans - Cameron Jordan, DE
12. Vikings - Tyron Smith, OT
13. Skins via Lions - Julio Jones, WR
14. Rams - JJ Watt, DE
15. Dolphins - Mark Ingram, RB
16. Jaguars - Jake Locker, QB
17. Patriots - Aldon Smith, OLB
18. Chargers - Ryan Kerrigan, OLB
19. Giants - Mason Foster, LB
20. Buccaneers - Adrian Clayborn, DE
21. Chiefs - Stephen Paea, DL
22. Colts - Corey Liuget, DT
23. Eagles - Jimmy Smith, CB
24. Saints - Akeem Ayers, OLB
25. Seahawks - Cameron Heyward, DE
26. Ravens - Brandon Harris, CB
27. Falcons - Gabe Carimiri, OT
28. Patriots - Allen Bailey, DE
29. Bears - Anthony Costanzo, OT
30. Jets - Jon Baldwin, WR
31. Steelers - Aaron Williams, CB
32. Packers - Torrey Smith, WR

coordinator0
02-16-2011, 03:05 PM
Harris is a good pick for the Ravens, and Justin Houston would probably be just as good. If Gaither leaves a tackle would also be a big priority, any of Sherrod, Carimi, or Castonzo would be a fit. There's a bunch of different directions we could go in this year.

marshallb
02-16-2011, 03:14 PM
Meh, position is fine for the Vikings, but Smith is a really bad fit. Frazier has said that he wants to go with a power run game focused around Peterson, and Smith definitely doesn't fit into that.

Hurricanes25
02-16-2011, 03:17 PM
If the Jets lose either Braylon or Holmes in free agency, then Jon Baldwin is a great pick for the Jets.

TonyGfortheTD
02-16-2011, 03:22 PM
Not a good Chiefs pick. They really don't need any ends right now, and I'm not sure if he'd be a great two gap NT. At least as of the Senior Bowl, he'd be under weight.

fenikz
02-16-2011, 04:07 PM
dont see the cardinals trading down with PP on the board, arguably the top talent in the draft at our biggest need

49erNation85
02-16-2011, 04:18 PM
Miller is a nice pick for SF.Amukamara is an option as well.

Babylon
02-16-2011, 04:28 PM
Seattle

Not a problem with Heyward.

You really think Jerry Richardson is going to want Cam Newton? I dont.

prock
02-16-2011, 04:38 PM
Meh, position is fine for the Vikings, but Smith is a really bad fit. Frazier has said that he wants to go with a power run game focused around Peterson, and Smith definitely doesn't fit into that.

This this this.

DiG
02-16-2011, 04:49 PM

fair. i actually think smith has a good initial punch in the run game. hes bulked up just over 300 and has elite athleticism. he gets a bad rap in the run game mostly because he was a more undersized lineman at usc but he has great strength and has the ability to plow down some dlineman.

DiG
02-16-2011, 04:50 PM
dont see the cardinals trading down with PP on the board, arguably the top talent in the draft at our biggest need

not sure i agree. i think the cowboys might put together a very favorable package to move up for pp and if the cards feel they can still land an elite pass rusher or even prince than it might be hard to turn down.

marshallb
02-16-2011, 04:52 PM
fair. i actually think smith has a good initial punch in the run game. hes bulked up just over 300 and has elite athleticism. he gets a bad rap in the run game mostly because he was a more undersized lineman at usc but he has great strength and has the ability to plow down some dlineman.

Meh. There's a difference between being 300+ pounds now and actually playing at that weight.

ATLDirtyBirds
02-16-2011, 05:08 PM
I like Carimi, and OT is a need. However, I don't think we'd go there with desperate needs at DE and WR.

KCJ58
02-16-2011, 05:10 PM
a guy who didn't draft us a WR in the 1st round, thankfully, but i still dont like the pick, i'll take Mark Ingram or Clayborn if there available there

Matthew Jones
02-16-2011, 05:20 PM
I could see the Patriots choosing Aldon Smith over Ryan Kerrigan if they are more sold on his ability to play in space. Historically, Kerrigan might be a bit more likely, but it's a 50-50 split if they're both on the board. What do you see Allen Bailey doing in New England? In order to be a decent fit, he'd have to gain 20-25 pounds and occupy double teams all day, a completely different skillset than what he has right now. Someone like Mike Pouncey or Muhammad Wilkerson would make sense there.

CheeseKnuckles
02-16-2011, 06:13 PM
Torrey Smith at 32 makes me happy. He is my favorite player in the draft right now behind Brandon Harris, but I have given up hope on him dropping to 32.

I also think Stephen Wisniewski or Ijalana could be possible at 32.

Seasonticketholder
02-16-2011, 06:13 PM
With Ingram and top DEs off the board, Ayers is very solid pick for the Saints.

Nalej
02-16-2011, 06:49 PM
I could see the Patriots choosing Aldon Smith over Ryan Kerrigan if they are more sold on his ability to play in space. Historically, Kerrigan might be a bit more likely, but it's a 50-50 split if they're both on the board. What do you see Allen Bailey doing in New England? In order to be a decent fit, he'd have to gain 20-25 pounds and occupy double teams all day, a completely different skillset than what he has right now. Someone like Mike Pouncey or Muhammad Wilkerson would make sense there.

Well put, sir.

21ST
02-16-2011, 06:59 PM
just curious, what did we get in the trade?

proshoota25
02-17-2011, 10:17 AM

i agree with ROP here. if the pats did choose aldon and bailey, we would def get alot more athletic, but bailey isnt the perfect fit along the D-Line that Bill looks for

killxswitch
02-17-2011, 10:23 AM
Liuget sucks and is not a 1st rounder.

Ok so that is overstating it but I don't want him. Give the Colts Gabe Carimi.

txparkes49x
02-17-2011, 01:09 PM
Von Miller is my second pick behind PP so great job.

akvikefan89
02-17-2011, 01:44 PM
Not a good Vikings pick. Like already mentioned, even if we did go OT, Smith is a poor fit. I am in the group of Vikings fans who don't even see OT as a need, our O-Line problems are much greater at the Center and Guard positions.

Better picks would be:

JJ Watt
Ryan Kerrigan
Aldon Smith
Jake Locker

fenikz
02-17-2011, 03:43 PM
not sure i agree. i think the cowboys might put together a very favorable package to move up for pp and if the cards feel they can still land an elite pass rusher or even prince than it might be hard to turn down.

whats the package

Bengals78
02-17-2011, 04:07 PM
not Cam Newton so it is an A+

thebow305
02-23-2011, 04:36 PM
You know I'm happy.