PDA

View Full Version : MikeTheDudeV2's First 2011 Mock Draft (1 Round)

MikeTheDudeV2
02-17-2011, 10:20 PM
Just trying to get back in the swing of things. Feedback is greatly appreciated.

1. Carolina Panthers - DT Nick Fairley
2. Denver Broncos - CB Patrick Peterson
3. Buffalo Bills - QB Blaine Gabbert
4. Cincinnati Bengals - DE Da'Quan Bowers
5. Arizona Cardinals - OLB Von Miller
6. Cleveland Browns - WR A.J. Green
7. San Francisco 49ers - DE Marcell Dareus
8. Tennessee Titans - QB Cam Newton
9. Dallas Cowboys - CB Prince Amukamara
10. Washington Redskins - WR Julio Jones
11. Houston Texans - OLB Robert Quinn
12. Minnesota Vikings - OLB Akeem Ayers
13. Detroit Lions - CB Brandon Harris
14. St. Louis Rams - DT Cameron Jordan
15. Miami Dolphins - RB Mark Ingram
16. Jacksonville Jaguars - DE Aldon Smith
17. New England Patriots - OT Nate Solder
18. San Diego Chargers - DE J.J. Watt
19. New York Giants - OT Tyron Smith
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - DE Adrian Clayborn
21. Kansas City Chiefs - OLB Ryan Kerrigan
22. Indianapolis Colts - DT Cameron Heyward
23. Philadelphia Eagles - OT Gabe Carimi
24. New Orleans Saints - DT Corey Liuget
25. Seattle Seahawks - OT Derek Sherrod
26. Baltimore Ravens - WR Titus Young
27. Atlanta Falcons - WR Torrey Smith
28. New England Patriots - G Mike Pouncey
29. Chicago Bears - OT Anthony Costanzo
30. New York Jets - OLB Justin Houston
31. Pittsburgh Steelers - G Stefen Wisniewski
32. Green Bay Packers - DE Muhammed Wilkerson

SimonRath
02-17-2011, 10:38 PM
27. Atlanta Falcons - WR Torrey Smith

yaaaaaaaaaaaay

prock
02-17-2011, 10:48 PM
Akeem Ayers is a terrible selection.

GoRavens
02-17-2011, 11:06 PM
bad pick for baltimore.
WR is not a top 3 need

fed36
02-17-2011, 11:07 PM
I really like the julio Jones pick for the skins...but there is only a couple of players I would take over jones, and Quinn is one of them. Can't complain about jones but wish it was Quinn since he is available in this mock. redskins have so many holes and wr is one of them so you really almost can't go wrong when picking for the skins...but the more i think of quinn on the other side of orakpo the more excited i get

49erNation85
02-17-2011, 11:37 PM
OK pick for SF but I think with Amukamara still on the board we would go that route and get a shut down corner.

Matthew Jones
02-18-2011, 12:20 AM
What's up Mike? Pretty good first try! Here's some advice based on what I read:

- Buffalo could do anything, but I think they'd be more likely to go with a pass rusher Bowers (BPA), Miller (coached him at the Senior Bowl), or (less likely) Quinn, or maybe Marcell Dareus (great fit in either 3-4 or 4-3.) I also think they might like Cam Newton over Blaine Gabbert there...more athletic, and they covet mobile QBs. A.J. Green is possible if they cut/trade Lee Evans (certainly possible.)

- Cincinnati might be more inclined to go with Green or Newton, but I have heard they really like Bowers. None would surprise me, but the Bengals have more talent at DE than WR or QB. Carson Palmer's trade/release demand may force them to draft a QB there, or they could go with someone from the Senior Bowl later, like a Christian Ponder. Marvin Lewis might not have enough job security to take on a project like Newton.

- After the Vince Young mess, I don't know if Tennessee would seriously consider Newton there. They probably wouldn't be comfortable with taking anyone too risky there. They need a QB but they also need guys who fit what Munchak is looking for. Robert Quinn is possible if Jason Babin leaves in free agency. Gabbert would be a possibility if available though, and obviously Dareus if he falls.

- I feel like Minnesota will retain Greenway so they might not look linebacker this early. It's hard to say though, I really couldn't make a great recommendation based on who's left. I could see Ray Edwards leaving though, and in that scenario Cameron Jordan might be a strong consideration. If he was available, I think Detroit would strongly consider Ayers.

- St. Louis is an interesting spot to place Jordan. Lately I've been thinking that if one of the WRs isn't available they might take Aldon Smith. He might remind Spagnuolo of Justin Tuck in that he can play inside in sub packages, which is probably very appealing. J.J. Watt, Ryan Kerrigan, and Adrian Clayborn are guys to consider.

- Jacksonville might take Kerrigan over Aldon Smith. I know I heard they were very interested in him at the Senior Bowl, and he seems to be more in line with their usual draft tendencies. Maybe even Adrian Clayborn over Smith, but I really think if Kerrigan's left he will be the pick at that point.

- Solder isn't necessarily bad for the Patriots, but offensive tackle might have to wait - I think they could get by with Matt Light and Nick Kaczur a bit longer. They really need to upgrade their front seven - Ryan Kerrigan would be extremely hard to pass on in that scenario - senior, great size, can set the edge, top-notch intangibles, came from the school that produced Vrabel, Colvin, Ninkovich...

- Tyron Smith doesn't really fit in New York - he's a zone blocking tackle and they're a man blocking team. Think more along the lines of Gabe Carimi there - he's the kind of physical mauler they'd like. I think they're going to try and go with William Beatty at left tackle, so Carimi at right tackle makes a lot of sense at that spot.

- Indianapolis is going to draft an offensive lineman with their top pick. Bill Polian has thrown the offensive line under the bus repeatedly, and this season, he was actually right - they're terrible up front. The running game is a mess, and they need to protect their investment in Peyton Manning. I think Castonzo seems like a very good bet but I could see Derek Sherrod too, or maybe Nate Solder if he falls.

- Jake Locker seems logical for the Seahawks if he's available. I think they know Charlie Whitehurst isn't going to develop into much in the NFL. Locker is a hometown guy and possibly would have been the #1 pick last year. He'd have the opportunity to sit behind Hasselbeck for a little bit. Tyron Smith makes sense if he's available considering the USC connection.

Overall, very good job! Already seem pretty up on what's going on, I could definitely see the reason behind most of those picks.

akvikefan89
02-18-2011, 01:11 AM
Cameron Jordan >>>>>>>>> Akeem Ayers, please.

luckyjackaubrey
02-18-2011, 07:55 AM
ROP, quick side note. Vrabel is an Ohio st. grad. He might come sack you if he were to read he attended Purdue.

No Solder for the Pats. If they keep that early pick its to address the front seven as ROP called out above.

thebow305
02-18-2011, 11:25 AM
Nice Miiami pick

T-RICH49
02-18-2011, 04:40 PM
good KC pick

thegreatone
02-18-2011, 08:54 PM
bad pick for baltimore.
WR is not a top 3 need
How is it not a top 3 need, when the only legitimate WR we have is Boldin, and hes not really a burner either.

Milk Man
02-18-2011, 10:25 PM
OK pick for SF but I think with Amukamara still on the board we would go that route and get a shut down corner.

I would rather have Dareus than Prince. I don't think he's a shut down cb. He reminds me of Clements actually. He will be good but not elite.

Though i think id prefer Quinn or Aldon over either with our need at pass rush.

rockio42
02-20-2011, 01:22 PM
If Julio Jones is gone before the Rams pick, than Cameron Jordan (or even a guy like Aldon Smith) is a perfect pick an he is the only non-RDE-type guy that I would accept to the Rams because of his unique pass-rush skills for his size and his versatility