PDA

View Full Version : RavenOfProphecy's Mock Offseason W/ Three-Round Draft!

Matthew Jones
02-18-2011, 12:37 PM
This took forever to do, but I'm finally done. I decided to do a mock offseason with some notable free agents, players who could be traded, and a three-round draft with draft-day trades included as well! Constructive criticism is appreciated, and I'll try to take it into account on my next mock. Reasoning that changes my mind about picks will earn +rep. Thanks!

RAVENOFPROPHECY'S MOCK OFFSEASON!

FREE AGENCY

Free agents are included that I felt would potentially affect the draft plans of NFL teams – guys like Ronnie Brown or Terrell Owens may not be back in town, but I doubt their signing would substantially impact what any team does in the draft. Only free agents who are changing teams were listed. I tried not to project a whole lot here considering how uncertain the entire process is. If there wasn’t a logical suitor, I didn’t include that player. Someone I’m projecting to be released is marked with an asterisk*.

QB Donovan McNabb* – Minnesota Vikings
No assurance that the Vikings will be able to get a top quarterback prospect, and McNabb is the top free agent quarterback available.

QB Vince Young* – Buffalo Bills
Buffalo needs to sell more tickets, so they could be pressured into taking a marketable quarterback like Young and throwing him onto the field.

RB Pierre Thomas – New England Patriots
New England reportedly almost consummated a trade for Pierre Thomas during the season, and he would be a solid addition to their running back committee.

RB DeAngelo Williams – Washington Redskins
Washington desperately needs to improve talent across the board and adding a workhorse running back such as Williams would substantially improve the offense.

WR Randy Moss – Chicago Bears
Moss didn’t look very motivated this year playing for Tennessee, but he’s worth a cheap one-year deal as a deep threat in Mike Martz’s offense.

WR Terrell Owens – Cleveland Browns
It may be risky to sign Terrell Owens, but it’s probably more risky to go into next season without giving Colt McCoy any weapons to work with.

WR Steve Smith (Giants) – Seattle Seahawks
Pete Carroll brings in yet another former USC player, this time at the wide receiver spot opposite Big Mike Williams.

OT Jared Gaither – Buffalo Bills
It was rumored that Buffalo was interested in trading for Gaither last year, and they might be able to get a bargain for him after he spent last year on IR.

DE Ray Edwards – Jacksonville Jaguars
Edwards may chase the money this offseason – Minnesota can’t tag all of their top free agents. Jacksonville is certainly looking to upgrade the defensive line.

DT Shaun Rogers – New Orleans Saints
Rogers will most likely want to sign with a contender at this age, and New Orleans could seriously use more talent in the middle of their defensive line.

LB Mathias Kiwanuka – New England Patriots
Has the size (6’5”, 265) and versatility (experience at both defensive end and outside linebacker) to interest the Patriots as a bargain pickup.

LB Manny Lawson – Houston Texans
Houston needs to get some pieces for their 3-4. Manny Lawson hasn’t been the most productive, but pickings could be slim this year.

CB Nnamdi Asomugha – New York Jets
I am fully prepared to defenestrate myself the moment this happens in real life – Asomugha previously said he would like to play with Darrelle Revis.

CB Champ Bailey –Detroit Lions
Champ could be intrigued by the way Detroit has improved under Jim Schwartz. The Lions probably won’t be able to draft a top corner and could pay one in free agency.

CB Antonio Cromartie – Oakland Raiders
It doesn’t seem like New York is too interested in bringing back Cromartie – the Raiders lose Aso to the Jets and fall in love with Cromartie’s athleticism.

PRE-DRAFT TRADES

Packers trade QB Matt Flynn to Tennessee for the #77 overall pick
I get the feeling that Mike Munchak may want to bring in a veteran over drafting a rookie – Flynn looked good last year in relief duty and could earn a fairly high draft pick.

Eagles trade QB Kevin Kolb to Arizona for the #38 overall pick
Kolb will fetch a high price on the market – this year’s quarterback class is weak. Arizona will attempt to keep Larry Fitzgerald happy by taking his recommendations seriously.

Bengals trade WR Chad Ochocinco to New England for a 2011 4th round pick
This mock doesn’t go to four rounds, but it doesn’t appear Ochocinco will be back in town. He’s a friend of Belichick’s and the Patriots may be willing to part with a mid-round pick.

Panthers trade WR Steve Smith to Chicago for the #93 overall pick
Even though I have the Bears signing Moss in free agency, he can’t be counted on at this point. Smith would be a nice fit in Martz’s offense, and easily the team’s number one target.

Patriots trade OG Logan Mankins to Chicago for the #29 overall pick
Logan Mankins wants out – the Bears need to seriously upgrade their line and Lovie Smith and Mankins share the same agent. They’d be willing to pay up.

THE DRAFT

FIRST ROUND

1. Carolina Panthers – DT Nick Fairley, Auburn*

2. Denver Broncos – CB Patrick Peterson, Louisiana St.*

3. Buffalo Bills – DT Marcell Dareus, Alabama*

4. Cincinnati Bengals – DE Da’Quan Bowers, Clemson*

5. Arizona Cardinals – LB Von Miller, Texas A&M

6. Cleveland Browns – WR A.J. Green, Georgia*

7. San Francisco 49ers – CB Prince Amukamara, Nebraska

8. Tennessee Titans – DE Robert Quinn, North Carolina*

Dallas trades the #9 overall pick (1350) to Miami for the #15 overall pick (1050), the #79 overall pick (195), and the #110 overall pick (74)

9. Miami Dolphins (from Dallas) – QB Cam Newton, Auburn*

10. Washington Redskins – WR Julio Jones, Alabama*

Houston trades the #11 overall pick (1250) to New England for the #17 overall pick (950) and the #60 overall pick (300)

11. New England Patriots (from Houston) – LB Aldon Smith, Missouri*

12. Minnesota Vikings – DE Cameron Jordan, California

13. Detroit Lions – LB Akeem Ayers, UCLA*

St. Louis trades the #14 overall pick (1100) to San Diego for the #61 overall pick (292) and WR Vincent Jackson

14. San Diego Chargers (from St. Louis) – DE J.J. Watt, Wisconsin*

15. Dallas Cowboys (from Miami) – FS Rahim Moore, UCLA*

16. Jacksonville Jaguars – QB Blaine Gabbert, Missouri*

17. Houston Texans (from New England through Oakland) – CB Jimmy Smith, Colorado

18. San Diego Chargers – OT Nate Solder, Colorado

19. New York Giants – OT Gabe Carimi, Wisconsin

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – DE Adrian Clayborn, Iowa

21. Kansas City Chiefs – LB Ryan Kerrigan, Purdue

22. Indianapolis Colts – OT Anthony Castonzo, Boston College

23. Philadelphia Eagles – OG Marcus Cannon, Texas Christian

New Orleans trades the #24 overall pick (740) to Washington for the #41 overall pick (490) and a 2012 third-round pick

24. Washington Redskins (from New Orleans) – QB Jake Locker, Washington

25. Seattle Seahawks – OT Tyron Smith, Southern California*

26. Baltimore Ravens – CB Brandon Harris, Miami (FL)*

27. Atlanta Falcons – WR Torrey Smith, Maryland*

28. New England Patriots – RB Mark Ingram, Alabama*

29. New England Patriots (from Chicago) – OG Mike Pouncey, Florida

30. New York Jets – LB Justin Houston, Georgia*

31. Pittsburgh Steelers – CB Aaron Williams, Texas

32. Green Bay Packers – RB Mikel LeShoure, Illinois*

SECOND ROUND

33. New England Patriots (from Carolina) – DE Cameron Heyward, Ohio St.

34. Buffalo Bills – OG Danny Watkins, Baylor

35. Cincinnati Bengals – WR Leonard Hankerson, Miami (FL)

36. Denver Broncos – DT Phil Taylor, Baylor

Cleveland trades the #37 overall pick (530) to Indianapolis for the #53 overall pick (370) and the #87 overall pick (155)

37. Indianapolis Colts (from Cleveland) – DT Stephen Paea, Oregon St.

38. Philadelphia Eagles (from Arizona) – OT Ben Ijalana, Villanova

39. Tennessee Titans – DT Drake Nevis, Louisiana St.

40. Dallas Cowboys – LB Brooks Reed, Arizona

41. New Orleans Saints (from Washington) – DT Corey Liuget, Illnois*

Houston trades the #42 overall pick (480) to Seattle for the #57 overall pick and a 2012 third-round pick

42. Seattle Seahawks (from Houston) – QB Ryan Mallett, Arkansas*

43. Minnesota Vikings – DT Muhammad Wilkerson, Temple*

44. Detroit Lions – OT Derek Sherrod, Mississippi St.

45. San Francisco 49ers – QB Christian Ponder, Florida St.

46. Denver Broncos (from Miami) – DT Christian Ballard, Iowa

47. St. Louis Rams – DE Allen Bailey, Miami (FL)

48. Oakland Raiders – WR Jon Baldwin, Pittsburgh*

Jacksonville trades the #49 overall pick (410) to Kansas City for the #55 overall pick (350) and a 2011 fourth-round pick

49. Kansas City Chiefs (from Jacksonville) – WR Titus Young, Boise St.

50. San Diego Chargers – LB Martez Wilson, Illinois*

51. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – LB Mason Foster, Washington

52. New York Giants – WR Randall Cobb, Kentucky

Cleveland trades the #53 overall pick (370) to New England for the #74 overall pick (220), the #92 overall pick (132), and a 2011 sixth-round pick

53. New England Patriots (from Cleveland through Indianapolis) – C Stefen Wisniewski, Penn St.

54. Philadelphia Eagles – CB Curtis Brown, Texas

55. Jacksonville Jaguars (from Kansas City) – FS Ahmad Black, Florida

56. New Orleans Saints – LB Bruce Carter, North Carolina

57. Houston Texans (from Seattle) – DT Kenrick Ellis, Hampton

58. Baltimore Ravens – WR Jerrel Jernigan, Troy

59. Atlanta Falcons – TE Kyle Rudolph, Notre Dame

60. Washington Redskins (from New England) – RB DeMarco Murray, Oklahoma

61. St. Louis Rams (from San Diego through New York Jets) – LB Mark Herzlich, Boston College

62. Chicago Bears – OT Clint Boling, Georgia

Pittsburgh trades the #63 overall pick (276) and a 2011 sixth-round pick to Detroit for the #75 overall pick (215) and a 2011 fourth-round pick

63. Detroit Lions (from Pittsburgh) – OG Rodney Hudson, Florida St.

64. Green Bay Packers – CB Brandon Burton, Utah

THIRD ROUND

65. Carolina Panthers – WR Greg Little, North Carolina

66. Cincinnati Bengals – DT Jurrell Casey, Southern California

67. Denver Broncos – DE Jabaal Sheard, Pittsburgh

68. Buffalo Bills – LB Jeremy Beal, Oklahoma

69. Arizona Cardinals – CB Davon House, New Mexico St.

70. Cleveland Browns – DT Marvin Austin, North Carolina

71. Dallas Cowboys – CB Johnny Patrick, Louisville

72. New Orleans Saints (from Washington) – LB Kelvin Sheppard, Louisiana St.

73. Houston Texans – WR Cecil Shorts, Mount Union

74. Cleveland Browns (from New England through Minnesota) – DE Sam Acho, Texas

75. Pittsburgh Steelers (from Detroit) – CB Ras-I Dowling, Virginia

76. San Francisco 49ers – LB Steven Friday, Virginia Tech

77. Green Bay Packers (from Tennessee) – OG John Moffitt, Wisconsin

78. St. Louis Rams – RB Ryan Williams, Virginia Tech*

79. Dallas Cowboys (from Miami) – OT James Brewer, Indiana

80. Jacksonville Jaguars – WR Dwayne Harris, East Carolina

81. Oakland Raiders – LB Dontay Moch, Nevada

82. San Diego Chargers – WR Niles Paul, Nebraska

83. New York Giants – LB Quan Sturdivant, North Carolina

84. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – RB Shane Vereen, California*

85. Philadelphia Eagles – LB Greg Jones, Michigan St.

86. Kansas City Chiefs – DT Jerrell Powe, Mississippi

87. Cleveland Browns (from Indianapolis) – DT Jarvis Jenkins, Clemson

88. New Orleans Saints – RB Daniel Thomas, Kansas St.

89. San Diego Chargers (from Seattle) – WR Edmond Gates, Abilene Christian

90. Baltimore Ravens – SS Quinton Carter, Oklahoma

91. Atlanta Falcons – OT Jason Pinkston, Pittsburgh

92. Cleveland Browns (from New England) – LB Casey Matthews, Oregon

93. Carolina Panthers (from Chicago) – DE Greg Romeus, Pittsburgh

94. New York Jets – DT Sione Fua, Stanford

95. Pittsburgh Steelers – OT DeMarcus Love, Arkansas

96. Green Bay Packers – OT Lee Ziemba, Auburn

Don Vito
02-18-2011, 12:49 PM
RB Pierre Thomas – New England Patriots
LB Mathias Kiwanuka – New England Patriots
Bengals trade WR Chad Ochocinco to New England for a 2011 4th round pick
Patriots trade OG Logan Mankins to Chicago for the #29 overall pick
11. New England Patriots (from Houston) – LB Aldon Smith, Missouri*
28. New England Patriots – RB Mark Ingram, Alabama*
29. New England Patriots (from Chicago) – OG Mike Pouncey, Florida
33. New England Patriots (from Carolina) – DE Cameron Heyward, Ohio St.
53. New England Patriots (from Cleveland through Indianapolis) – C Stefen Wisniewski, Penn St.

First off nice work ROP this took forever I'm sure.

Adding Kiwi would be awesome, we need a pass rush and Kiwi seems like a great fit at OLB for us. Great addition.

I could see us picking up Pierre Thomas. I personally like what we have at RB, but adding another would make sense.

Chad Johnson makes a lot of sense.

I don't want to see Mankins go, but if we have to get rid of him because he won't play then I would be OK with getting a first for him.

I am a big Aldon Smith fan, I want us to try and draft him. If we pick up Kiwi I still would like to see us look at an OLB in the first; Kiwi, Smith, and Cunningham would be nice.

I could see us taking Ingram, I really could. I would prefer we look elsewhere if we Picked up Pierre Thomas, but Ingram is a guy who I could see in a Pats uniform next year with the BB/Saban connection.

With Mankins gone, OL is a huge need so Pouncey is good there. Addidng Wisniewski as well is awesome.

Heyward in the second is sextastic.

One question, I probably missed this but how did Cleveland end up with our third rounders?

Overall, this would be a pretty successful Pats offseason I'd say even though I'd like to hold on to Mankins.

Matthew Jones
02-18-2011, 01:06 PM
Don Vito, here's the Cleveland trade:

Cleveland trades the #53 overall pick (370) to New England for the #74 overall pick (220), the #92 overall pick (132), and a 2011 sixth-round pick

prock
02-18-2011, 01:40 PM
Restocking the defensive line would be awesome, however we do have greater needs. Cam Jordan is fine in the first round instead of a quarterback, but I don't think we can afford to use both picks on the defensive line. I would rather see Sherrod in the second round though. But given how this played out, I wouldn't be terribly upset with this draft.

T-RICH49
02-18-2011, 01:46 PM
very solid KC draft

fed36
02-18-2011, 02:12 PM
Very good skins offseason - Love signing Deangelo..and I love the Julio pick as well as Locker. The only thing I do not like is that the skins traded up for Locker. The skins under Snyder have wasted so many picks by trading them away...and I am hoping Allen/Shanahan can change this tendency the skins have. I would have rather the skins kept their second round and next year's pick and taken their chances with what QB were there in the second. In this draft if Locker does indeed go before they get to pick in the second round - you would still have Mallet and Ponder available. I would rather take one of those two and keep my future draft tpick - but nice job overall

fear the elf
02-18-2011, 02:25 PM
First things, first: nice job. This looks like a ****-ton of work. I'm not sure about signing TO to the Browns though...

WR Terrell Owens – Cleveland Browns
It may be risky to sign Terrell Owens, but it’s probably more risky to go into next season without giving Colt McCoy any weapons to work with.

I just can't imagine Heckert bringing him in after watching the whole McNabb/TO situation unravel in Philly. I don't think he would want to subject a young QB to that kind of unpredictability. First and only priority should be protecting Colt (with playmakers, but also mentally and emotionally). Draft Green (which you did and I love), and let them develop together.

EDIT: Also, if Stephen Paea is available at our 2nd round pick, I really, really, really want to take him!

EDIT: I keep posting/editing before I finish going through the whole mock lol. Anyway love getting Acho and Matthews as well. Two guys that caught my eye at the Senior Bowl that are on my 'Do Want' list.

SimonRath
02-18-2011, 02:37 PM
give the falcons Greg Romeus in the 3rd round and ill be thrilled.

coordinator0
02-18-2011, 02:44 PM
Not a bad Ravens draft, but I would be very surprised if we don't come away with a pass-rusher in the first three rounds. I think we could possibly let Zbikowski and Nakamura compete for the SS spot if we let Landry walk, so that position might be one that we skip in the draft.

Matthew Jones
02-18-2011, 02:59 PM
Not a bad Ravens draft, but I would be very surprised if we don't come away with a pass-rusher in the first three rounds. I think we could possibly let Zbikowski and Nakamura compete for the SS spot if we let Landry walk, so that position might be one that we skip in the draft.

I considered pass rushers for the second and third picks but I couldn't find any I was really sold on as good values there. It seems like the Ravens usually try to land someone who slid a bit and is BPA.

coordinator0
02-18-2011, 03:04 PM
I considered pass rushers for the second and third picks but I couldn't find any I was really sold on as good values there. It seems like the Ravens usually try to land someone who slid a bit and is BPA.

That's very true. I think the most likely way that we would get a pass-rusher in your mock is by taking Houston or Reed in the first. I'd actually be fine with taking either instead of Harris, but I know there will be a lot of people/Ravens fans that will disagree with me.

Beal would seem like Newsome pick in the second round IMO, Oklahoma is one of his favorite (if not the favorite) colleges to pick from. But like I said the mock wasn't bad anyways.

Unbiased
02-18-2011, 03:26 PM
I'm very happy with Jacksonville's acquisition of Ray Edwards, Blaine Gabbert, and Ahmad Black. However, I don't feel WR would be a smart pick with Greg Jones on the board, considering our starting MLB and WLB are free agents.

Don Vito
02-18-2011, 03:28 PM
Don Vito, here's the Cleveland trade:

OK cool. Great job again.

txparkes49x
02-18-2011, 04:37 PM
Id go with allen bailey in the second and kaepernick or best QB available in the third. I just dont see us picking him the in second round as of now pre-combine.

SeanTaylorRIP
02-18-2011, 05:16 PM
I like getting Deangelo, Julio, and Locker. Problem is that I think we need skill players but that's not really how to build the oldest team in the league. Our offense and defensive lines are attrocious and we need backers and safeties. If we are going to trade up for Locker I'd take Cam Jordan with the 10th pick.

TonyGfortheTD
02-18-2011, 07:09 PM
very solid KC draft

Agree. If Kerrigan played in the SEC, he'd completely match what Pioli looks for in a player. Close enough though, and would be a great fit on the Chiefs Defense.

The_Dude
02-18-2011, 07:35 PM
wow. nice work. It's pretty obvious that you put a lot of thought and a ******** of time into this.

I'd be ok with that Vikings draft, but I believe that with all of that movement on draft day, the Vikings would be one of the top candidates to move down. They need to find a 3rd round pick somewhere & may be one of the easiest teams to strike a deal with on draft day.

BradysKnee
02-18-2011, 07:53 PM
Great job, but I don't see the Pats taking Ingram if signing Thomas, Thomas, Woodhead and BJGE + late rookie.

jCut
02-18-2011, 07:56 PM
Very underwhelming offseason for Denver (no Orton trade or trade down from #2?), but the draft was solid, especially after going with a CB at the top. I'm not a proponent of drafting Peterson, but getting both Ballard and Taylor in the second would ease my mind. My only complaint would be the third round pick. While Sheard would be nice pickup, I don't see him as an every-down DE, so I would prefer to go after a LB there. D.J. Williams is the only play-maker we have, so a guy like Greg Jones would be a welcome addition.

CheeseKnuckles
02-18-2011, 07:56 PM
I really like the Packers draft.

LeShoure
Burton
Moffit
Ziemba

In 3 rds wow that would be awesome!

Seasonticketholder
02-18-2011, 08:00 PM
So Pierre Thomas signs with the Patriots. I can see that and I do think the Saints will let him walk.

Then, you have us signing Shaun Rogers. I can also see that. Makes perfect sense and Rogers/Sedrick Ellis would make an outstanding tandem.

So, now the draft. The Saints are sitting there at #24. They have Mark Ingram on the board and no DE that is worth taking in that spot. They have their NT position filled with the signing of Rogers. BUT instead of you having them taking Mark Ingram, which would be very logical, you have them trade down to take Corey Liuget. Why?! It doesn't make much sense to me. Who is Luiget replacing? Not Sedrick Ellis. And if we sign Rogers, the move seems sort of redundant. That's not to say that I cannot see us taking a NT-type to groom behind Rogers. A guy like Kenrick Ellis would be a solid fit.

But trading back with Washington makes ZERO sense for the Saints. The other thing to consider is that the Saints do not seem to value draft picks. If we go by trends, they either trade up in a draft or stay put. They will even trade into a round where they do not have picks and give up future picks. But they hardly ever trade back, not under this regime.

I think you did a great job. But I strongly disagree with the move you have of the Saints trading. Washington may want to move up for Locker but I doubt the Saints would make such a move, particularly with Pierre Thomas' replacement sitting there. Give the Saints Mark Ingram in the first, Bruce Carter in the second, Sheppard in the third and replace Daniel Thomas with Quinton Carter with the second pick in the third.

Edit: Wait, okay, please tell me that you did not come up with the scenario of the Saints trading back and passing on Ingram so that your Patriots could do so? C'mon man! LOL! I mean, I would love to do a mock where DaQuan Bowers falls to the Saints. But it just not going to happen that way. I had to think about it and when I looked back to see who took Ingram and saw the Patriots, I just said "A ha!"

Matthew Jones
02-18-2011, 08:56 PM
So Pierre Thomas signs with the Patriots. I can see that and I do think the Saints will let him walk.

Then, you have us signing Shaun Rogers. I can also see that. Makes perfect sense and Rogers/Sedrick Ellis would make an outstanding tandem.

So, now the draft. The Saints are sitting there at #24. They have Mark Ingram on the board and no DE that is worth taking in that spot. They have their NT position filled with the signing of Rogers. BUT instead of you having them taking Mark Ingram, which would be very logical, you have them trade down to take Corey Liuget. Why?! It doesn't make much sense to me. Who is Luiget replacing? Not Sedrick Ellis. And if we sign Rogers, the move seems sort of redundant. That's not to say that I cannot see us taking a NT-type to groom behind Rogers. A guy like Kenrick Ellis would be a solid fit.

But trading back with Washington makes ZERO sense for the Saints. The other thing to consider is that the Saints do not seem to value draft picks. If we go by trends, they either trade up in a draft or stay put. They will even trade into a round where they do not have picks and give up future picks. But they hardly ever trade back, not under this regime.

I think you did a great job. But I strongly disagree with the move you have of the Saints trading. Washington may want to move up for Locker but I doubt the Saints would make such a move, particularly with Pierre Thomas' replacement sitting there. Give the Saints Mark Ingram in the first, Bruce Carter in the second, Sheppard in the third and replace Daniel Thomas with Quinton Carter with the second pick in the third.

Edit: Wait, okay, please tell me that you did not come up with the scenario of the Saints trading back and passing on Ingram so that your Patriots could do so? C'mon man! LOL! I mean, I would love to do a mock where DaQuan Bowers falls to the Saints. But it just not going to happen that way. I had to think about it and when I looked back to see who took Ingram and saw the Patriots, I just said "A ha!"

You know, honestly in most of the mocks on here I criticize people for having the Patriots draft Mark Ingram, I just thought it was a solid value at that point. When I looked at who was on the board for New Orleans, I thought they would probably be receptive to trading down and at the time I was looking for a trade partner for Washington, as Locker was on the board and Seattle's pick was coming up. Shaun Rogers was a rotational player last year, so his signing might not be the end-all fix that the Saints are looking for, plus considering his age (32 next month), it would probably be wise for New Orleans to look for a defensive tackle regardless. When I traded down, I had Paea in mind for them, but ended up moving the Colts up for him. Ingram does make sense though, it's something I probably should have considered a little more.

Crickett
02-18-2011, 09:15 PM
There are some picks I disagree with, but my issue with my mock goes past that to something more fundamental.

Everything I hear about the labor union talks leads me to believe that the draft will happen before free agency does. If they can't even agree about talking, let alone any issue they would actually talk about, I don't think they're going to have this settled by the end of April.

thebow305
02-18-2011, 09:25 PM
That Miami trade works for me, anything to get Cammy Cam in the 305! Nice work!

Hurricanes25
02-18-2011, 09:55 PM
Aso, Houston and Fua would make a great it a great off season for the Jets.

Abaddon
02-18-2011, 11:40 PM
48. Oakland Raiders – WR Jon Baldwin, Pittsburgh*

0_o

I don't see any scenario where Al would use his 1st pick on another WR. Jacoby was a hit and he still thinks DHB will prove him right. Baldwin could turn out to be a stud, but he won't do it as a Raider.

It would have to be Wisniewski or...gag...a CB there.

81. Oakland Raiders – LB Dontay Moch, Nevada

Sadly, if he's there in Rd3, and actually does run a sub-4.4, he'll probably be a Raider. I still believe Al thinks the team is set at LB, though. At least in terms of starters.

GatorsBullsFan
02-19-2011, 09:02 AM
this years Jags Draft is going to be mostly about defense so seeing a QB and a WR taken in the first 3 rounds...the QB is needed but the WR can go...Plus no way we take Harris over Greg Jones....LINEBACKER LINEBACKER LINEBACKER!!!

Now the Trades...No way Pats get a first rounder for Mankins that's just not gonna happen.

Bengals will probably get close to the same value for Chad Johnson as the Panthers will for Steve Smith. Once again another Patriots Homer thread

Tom Servo
02-19-2011, 12:46 PM
Nice effort dude, and I love the Browns trading down and stocking up on DL.
Green in the first is awesome. However...

NO T.O.!!!!!! I'd seriously have to spend a few nights in a Berea jail cell for assaulting Mike Holmgren if we signed him

Tom Servo
02-19-2011, 12:48 PM
And that Pats offseason is ridiculously good for them. There's not enough feet in New York to console Rex if that happened

SimonRath
02-19-2011, 12:59 PM
total new england homer haha

Matthew Jones
02-19-2011, 02:13 PM
total new england homer haha

Which of those do you think is unrealistic? I'm serious, I think any of those players could easily fall to the spots I have them at. The Patriots have a ton of draft picks and a very valuable player they could potentially trade in Mankins, easily enough ammunition to move around the draft and get the guys they want.

Wavy77
02-19-2011, 02:21 PM
I don't see the Bears giving away a 1st and a 3rd for a 29 and 31 year old. Jerry Angelo is not a fan of trading away picks even though we did it twice the last couple of years, plus he always comes away with a defenive lineman in one of the first three rounds

diabsoule
02-19-2011, 02:54 PM
That would be absolutely ideal for the Saints. Excellent work, man!

Seasonticketholder
02-19-2011, 06:16 PM
That would be absolutely ideal for the Saints. Excellent work, man!

And as you can see, not all Saints fans will agree on the picks.

defensiveback23
02-19-2011, 08:53 PM
It really seems highly unlikely that the Chargers would trade Jackson, and they especially won't give up on getting a 1st rounder for him considering the hard stances AJ has been known to make so including #61 in there is a stretch.

I like Watt, but I think RT is an overrated need and the team rarely takes OL high. McNeill is the only one in recent memory to be taken before the 3rd round.

Rush LB and S are both very pressing needs for the team that will need to be addressed early.

Beano
02-20-2011, 02:29 AM
As a Rams fan, I'd love that trade to happen, and Williams in the 3rd I don't mind. Not a fan of the 2nd round though, mainly due to not being that big a fan of Bailey. Taking Bruce Carter with #47 and Hudson with #61 would have probably been how I would have gone with who was on the board.

Still, loved reading it, it's clear a lot of effort went into it. Good work.

Scotty D
02-20-2011, 03:15 AM
A+ Lion mock. Good work overall.

J-Mike88
02-20-2011, 08:00 AM
I really like the Packers draft.
LeShoure
Burton
Moffit
Ziemba

Great work, pretty realistic destinations for many of those guys.

But for the Packers, we are already adding Ryan Grant to the RB stable that we had in our run to the Super Bowl. That might mean we can't bring back Brandon Jackson, who is a super-solid yet unspectacular 3rd down back a la a Kevin Faulk for many years. I don't see, and hope, us using our #1 pick on another RB.
Getting Grant back is good enough at that position.

I also see no way in hell that we'd trade Matt Flynn. We've invested 3 years in him and he finally looks comfortable enough with our offense that we can hang on with him if Rodgers goes down for a short period of time. Of course Flynn would like to start, somewhere.

But he has no power here and he'd look like **** on a crappy offense IMO. He'd look lost like a Leinart, Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson, Joey Harrington, etc.

rawdawg
02-20-2011, 08:04 AM
Bears are stupid, but they aren't that stupid. Plus, I'd like to know where they're going to get the money to pay Mankins, Moss, and Smith along with Peppers, Briggs, Urlacher, Cutler, and a raise to Forte. Not to mention the 1 draft pick (Boling) is a terrible reach. This site has him ranked at 61 and at OT, but I don't see anyway on Earth he is an NFL tackle. Nor have I seen him ranked anywhere else in the top 110.

*Note: I do typically value Scott's rankings most, but this one is way off in my humble opinion.

GatorsBullsFan
02-20-2011, 09:53 AM
Which of those do you think is unrealistic? I'm serious, I think any of those players could easily fall to the spots I have them at. The Patriots have a ton of draft picks and a very valuable player they could potentially trade in Mankins, easily enough ammunition to move around the draft and get the guys they want.

I wouldn't argue that the Pats would trade Mankins...but your idea that he is worth a first or even a 2nd rounder is crazy...Top WRs get traded for 3rd rounders....Mankins is worth a 4th at most

rockio42
02-20-2011, 01:14 PM
Vincent Jackson, Allen Bailey, Mark Herzlich, and Ryan Williams! That is BEAUTIFUL for the Rams. Except if Bailey can't play UT, then we need a pass-rushing RE or UT in that pick.

Matthew Jones
02-20-2011, 01:32 PM
I wouldn't argue that the Pats would trade Mankins...but your idea that he is worth a first or even a 2nd rounder is crazy...Top WRs get traded for 3rd rounders....Mankins is worth a 4th at most

Please don't tell me you seriously think this...Mankins is one of the top offensive linemen in the league. There's no way the Patriots would let him go for anything less than a top-40 pick, and the Bears considered trading for Mankins during the season (along with Lovie Smith going out of his way to say he wants Mankins on the team.) If no team is willing to trade a high pick for him, the Patriots will retain him for another playoff run, let him sign somewhere else, and then collect the third-round compensatory pick the following year. Any trade is going to be closer to the Richard Seymour than the Randy Moss deal.

TNPatsFan
02-20-2011, 01:45 PM
Mankins is worth a 4th at most

If that's true, then I wouldn't expect any OG's to be drafted in the first three rounds of this draft. If a team needs an OG it wouldn't make sense to draft one in round 1, 2, or 3 if you can get the best one in the league for a 4th.

scottyboy
02-20-2011, 02:22 PM
steve smith leaving the giants makes me a sad panda.
even if he did, doubt we'd pick a WR that early with Nicks, Manningham and Barden along with preseason god Cruz and potentially Hixon coming back

Del1sle
02-24-2011, 04:11 PM
If the Cowboys were to make that trade with Miami, they would probably go for one of the top O-Lineman or a corner like Brandon Harris or Jimmy Smith - A little too high for Rahim, even if safety is the biggest need.