PDA

View Full Version : The Official Rams 2011 Season Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

Santonio10
09-26-2011, 12:07 AM
Hey guys I just wanted to stop by to see how Josh Hull is doing for you guys. Is he getting any time on the field? If so, where at? I went to high school with him and I was just curious what you guys thought of him.

Beano
09-26-2011, 06:13 AM
And week 3 we just plain out played like **** and reminded people way too much of 2009.Indeed. This might be the first game in 3 years where I choose to not watch again during the week. I think that says a lot considering how ***** we were 3 years ago.

Honestly, there may only be like 1 or 2 positives for the entire roster/staff that we can take out of that performance. Was a ******* disaster from start to finish.

holt_bruce81
09-27-2011, 01:49 AM
Being 0-3 sucks. But it kind of was expected, I mean we did play two elite teams and a very solid team who we should of beat. Getting out of this first 7 games with a chance to make a run in the 2nd half is still possible. 2-5 start and we still could sneak into the playoffs.

Justin King is......I don't know I kind of feel bad for the dude, praying Ron Bartell and Jerome Murphy come back fully healed for next year. Justin King has no business starting. No way should you let a rookie dominate you like Torrey Smith did.

I hate how soooo many fans are already jumping off the bandwagon and asking for a quarterback change. People are stupid.

yodabear
09-27-2011, 01:53 AM
Being 0-3 sucks. But it kind of was expected, I mean we did play two elite teams and a very solid team who we should of beat. Getting out of this first 7 games with a chance to make a run in the 2nd half is still possible. 2-5 start and we still could sneak into the playoffs.

Justin King is......I don't know I kind of feel bad for the dude, praying Ron Bartell and Jerome Murphy come back fully healed for next year. Justin King has no business starting. No way should you let a rookie dominate you like Torrey Smith did.

I hate how soooo many fans are already jumping off the bandwagon and asking for a quarterback change. People are stupid.

People are asking for a QB change as in Luck next season (which is idiotic), but please say people are insane and asking for A.J. Faily.

Beano
09-27-2011, 07:20 AM
Being 0-3 sucks. But it kind of was expected, I mean we did play two elite teams and a very solid team who we should of beat. Getting out of this first 7 games with a chance to make a run in the 2nd half is still possible. 2-5 start and we still could sneak into the playoffs.Being 0-3 I expected, playing like clowns, I did not. We did as much to lose those first 2 games as the Eagles/Giants did to win them. I mean some of the mistakes were ******* diabolical. The Ravens just smashed us, they looked an elite team, the other two didn't look close to that level.

Next week is huge. Absolutely huge, I think most of us had this pencilled in as as a win. Right now, I'm not even sure we'll go into it as favourites.

yodabear
09-27-2011, 09:43 AM
Being 0-3 I expected, playing like clowns, I did not. We did as much to lose those first 2 games as the Eagles/Giants did to win them. I mean some of the mistakes were ******* diabolical. The Ravens just smashed us, they looked an elite team, the other two didn't look close to that level.

Next week is huge. Absolutely huge, I think most of us had this pencilled in as as a win. Right now, I'm not even sure we'll go into it as favourites.

The Ravens are an elite team coming off a loss they were pissed off about and took it out on our poor Rams. So I think we can all stop paniking cuz just look at the rest of our division, its still not stellar and we've had BY FAR the hardest schedule of the 4 teams.

NGSeiler
09-28-2011, 06:03 AM
Being 0-3 I expected, playing like clowns, I did not. We did as much to lose those first 2 games as the Eagles/Giants did to win them. I mean some of the mistakes were ******* diabolical. The Ravens just smashed us, they looked an elite team, the other two didn't look close to that level.

Agreed completely. I anticipated a poor record to open the season due to the tough schedule, but my hope was that the Rams would at least look competitive in these games. They really haven't, thus far.

holt_bruce81
09-28-2011, 04:05 PM
Going into the bye week at 1-3 still gives us a great chance of winning the division. Especially with Danny and Steven more than likely near or close to 100%. Those two back makes the offense look completely different.

Unless Steven has just lost it, which if that's the case. We are screwed.

Beano
10-02-2011, 04:14 PM
I've no idea how we managed to keep that game close enough to have a chance of forcing OT. Those first 3 quarters were brutal yet again.

At least we can't lose to the bye week next weekend. Although if any team has a chance I think it would be us. We've been that bad for 4 weeks.

NGSeiler
10-02-2011, 07:35 PM
The offense was BRUTAL today. Absolutely brutal. The need for improvement protection and offensive weapons on the perimeter couldn't be more obvious than it has been through four weeks now. The Rams should start scouting as many legitimate receiving prospects as they possibly can, and think long and hard about whether they're getting their money's worth out of this offensive line.

holt_bruce81
10-02-2011, 11:24 PM
Ok sooooo

Rams draft Alshon Jeffery with their first round pick and then trade their first for next year and their second round pick for this year to New England for their first round pick and draft Justin Blackmon.

Make it happen.

yodabear
10-02-2011, 11:42 PM
Okay my optimism is now almost on empty. We're 0-4 going into the bye, playing the Packers after the bye (oy vey). The 49ers are a very unexpected 3-1, so the whole our division sucks is kind of going away. Damn, I wish I had something positive to say, but I don't.

Beano
10-03-2011, 05:37 AM
The play calling on offense has annoyed me the last couple of weeks. The Giants game was easily the best we've moved the ball. That came off the back of some quick passing and the hurry up which allowed us to slow any pressure coming and take a few chances deep with DX. Yet we've hardly done it at all since that day and we looked much better when we went to it yesterday and if Sam doesn't overthrow DX and then Pettis (who looked not bad tbh towards the end of the game, he needs to learn to take a fair catch though), we'd have had 2 fairly big plays towards the end of the game, and we'd have had another chance to get the TD. I don't care how many reps he takes during the week, and I understand he probably can't take every snap because of his knee, but DX needs to be on the field more.

Whilst our receivers are an issue, I think people are keying way too much on the WR. The TE's seem to be getting a pass on this, and you could probably make a case that Kendricks has been the most disappointing receiver we've had this year (He might for the first time this year have more catches than drops, but if he does, it's still close). The line has been horrible. The tackles especially have been woeful. Utterly woeful. The penalties. Alex Barron would have been amazed how bad they were.

I'm often called pessimistic about the Rams, but even I didn't expect us to be this bad. What makes it more annoying was, I believe and someone can correct me, that we took ourselves out of FG range TWICE yesterday with either penalties or taking the sack etc. Think of that, if we'd have got those 6 points suddenly we're driving knowing a FG wins the game. That's what really has annoyed me about us this year, we've done as much to lose games as the other teams have to win them against us.

Still at least it gets easier, bye week, @Packers, @Cowboys then the Saints. Piece of cake.

KCJ58
10-03-2011, 01:18 PM
Going into the bye week at 1-3 still gives us a great chance of winning the division. Especially with Danny and Steven more than likely near or close to 100%. Those two back makes the offense look completely different.

Unless Steven has just lost it, which if that's the case. We are screwed.

0-4 but i like the optimism

holt_bruce81
10-03-2011, 07:52 PM
The thing that annoys me the most is seeing Laurent Robinson have 7 catches for over 100 yards for the Cowboys. The player evaluation has been absolutely abysmal for the Rams, always has been.

It's that or the coaching cant coach players up. I don't understand it at all, Scott Linehan's offense here was dreadful.....now he's in Detroit and it's one of the more excited offenses in the league.

yodabear
10-04-2011, 01:18 AM
The thing that annoys me the most is seeing Laurent Robinson have 7 catches for over 100 yards for the Cowboys. The player evaluation has been absolutely abysmal for the Rams, always has been.

It's that or the coaching cant coach players up. I don't understand it at all, Scott Linehan's offense here was dreadful.....now he's in Detroit and it's one of the more excited offenses in the league.

Linehan has been an offensive genius.....when he has had a clear, top 3 receiver in the league. When he had Moss, his offenses were awesome and thrilling. Now, he has Megatron.....same. Now, IDK if Holt was aging and not in that mold or what but he has to have an amazing WR for it to be.

NGSeiler
10-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Soooooo, both Amendola and Bradley Fletcher are done for the year. Awesome.

holt_bruce81
10-05-2011, 10:50 PM
Soooooo, both Amendola and Bradley Fletcher are done for the year. Awesome.

Alshon Jeffery or Justin Blackmon please.

Beano
10-06-2011, 06:03 AM
Soooooo, both Amendola and Bradley Fletcher are done for the year. Awesome.**** me.

Sucks about Amendola, although I thought Pettis showed some flashes in the latter part of Sunday that he might be able to do a job in the slot. Fletcher one is a real killer. Our pass rush better become monstrous overnight or we're in deep, deep trouble.

The one place we could ill afford injuries to was the CB's, and we've been decimated. Ughh, we've managed to lose in the bye week. Incredible.

yodabear
10-06-2011, 12:24 PM
Oh God this means more of the great Justin King????

tfry
10-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Oh God this means more of the great Justin King????

Al Harris baby!!!

I'm going to look ahead to next season since we are done in 2011. Do we address, WR or DB with our top 5 pick?

ArkyRamsFan
10-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Al Harris baby!!!

I'm going to look ahead to next season since we are done in 2011. Do we address, WR or DB with our top 5 pick?

Been already thinking about this and as far as I'm concerned if we don't take Luck I'm lookin' real hard at LT Matt Khalil of USC.

Yeah, I know we need (feel free to fill in the blank_________) but if we don't get some pass pro Sam or Luck or whoever will spend his career spitting into a dribble cup while doing a great impersonation of David Carr.

Put Khalil at LT and let Saffold and Smith fight it out at RT. Or just move Smith to guard and see if Saffold can play better on the right side. I'm just sick and tired of this most "offensive" line attempting to play the sport of football.

NGSeiler
10-09-2011, 07:13 PM
Good news, the Rams didn't lose today! :)

yodabear
10-10-2011, 12:24 AM
Good news, the Rams didn't lose today! :)

YAAAAAAY!!!!!!!

NGSeiler
10-16-2011, 11:31 AM
Some Twitter notes from Jim Thomas about today's game...

-Lineup changes for Rams: Mike Sims-Walker inactive. Brandon Gibson and Danario Alexander scheduled to start at WR against Green Bay.

-A chance at LB as well for Rams. Ben Leber is inactive. Chris Chamberlain scheduled to start at weakside linebacker vs. Packers.

-Veteran CB Rod Hood won't dress for Rams, meaning newcomer Brian Jackson joins Justin King, Al Harris, and Josh Gordy among four active CBs.

-Rookie WRs Austin Pettis and Greg Salas both active for first time this season. Pettis and Salas could return punts.

-With Norwood down again, RB Quinn Porter and WR Austin Pettis are top candidates to return kickoffs.

D-Unit
10-16-2011, 10:09 PM
How bout dat Greg Salas boyyyy??!!! :)

rockio42
10-17-2011, 12:36 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7115217/denver-broncos-trade-receiver-brandon-lloyd-st-louis-rams-sources-say

per ESPN.com

HELL YES!

yodabear
10-17-2011, 01:40 PM
Great move by the Rams. Unfortunately, might be a bit late. But yay for our next door neighbor Cardinals! Interesting tho, this week the Cards played the Brewers and the Rams played the Packers. This week the Cards will be playing the Rangers and this week the Rams are playing the Cowboys.

NGSeiler
10-18-2011, 08:59 PM
Lloyd is an okay player, largely mediocre until last year. IMO, he's a band aid on a wound that requires surgery. I was happy to see the Rams didn't overspend in draft compensation to get him, but I really hope his acquisition (and possible retention for beyond this season, should his contract be extended) doesn't convince this front office that we don't need any more improvements at WR. For the last two seasons, the Rams have worked under this mindset that if they make modest additions here and there to this group, it'll be enough. News flash, it hasn't been. This team needs to go big and get a major talent at the position. I really hope they don't view Brandon Lloyd as that guy.

ArkyRamsFan
10-22-2011, 11:13 PM
Sam has been ruled out for the game tomorrow. Great...is this year over yet?

I blame Spagnuolo for keeping him in the GB game and getting hurt on that last useless play of the game.

Hard to believe how much hope and excitement we had coming into this year....looks like we can start talking about the draft now.

Not much else to say....

yodabear
10-24-2011, 01:42 AM
Ummmm, we suck!

Beano
10-24-2011, 05:12 AM
Saints next week as well.

******* yay. 0-6 (I was going to put 0-7 as it's pretty much a given that we're going to lose next week) and playing football that the team from '09 would cringe at.

stlouisfan37
10-25-2011, 12:19 PM
With all the talk of the "Suck for Luck" sweepstakes, I think you have to throw the idea around that the Rams could end up with the #1 pick next year. I don't think they will; it would be hard to see them not winning at least a couple of games out of the 4 they play against Seattle and Arizona. Indy is really bad, and Miami's back-end schedule looks as bad as the Rams' front-end was. But just for poops and chuckles, what do you think the Rams would do if they did get that pick?

Obviously they would want to trade down, but how easy would that be when everyone else knows that Bradford is their franchise QB? Miami is the team that really needs Luck, but would they give up the farm for him if they sat at #2 and they knew Landry Jones or one of the other top signal callers was there as well?

In the event that we were able to trade down and still have a top 5 pick, who would we really be targeting? The way we have played the run this year you would have to think DT. But we haven't been able to move the ball, either. Justin Blackmon would sure look nice in a Rams uniform. Corner is another area of serious concern, but I'm not sure there is a cover guy that is worthy of such a high pick this year. Any thoughts?

holt_bruce81
10-26-2011, 12:44 AM
The Rams aren't just bad right now, they're pathetic.

Points per game: 9.3......New Orleans scored 62 points vs the Colts last week, the Rams have scored 56 points all season.

Rushing yards allowed per game: 183.8 .....worst in the league. The Colts are 2nd worse with 150.9 rushing yards allowed per game.

holt_bruce81
10-26-2011, 08:13 PM
Rams make yet another dumb move today by releasing Jabara Williams.

Williams was one of the most impressive players on the field for the Rams during preseason. I'd rather have him than half the linebackers on thw team right now........go Bill Devaney, I bet Jabara gets picked up by some team within the next three days.

ArkyRamsFan
10-27-2011, 01:05 PM
Rams make yet another dumb move today by releasing Jabara Williams.

Williams was one of the most impressive players on the field for the Rams during preseason. I'd rather have him than half the linebackers on thw team right now........go Bill Devaney, I bet Jabara gets picked up by some team within the next three days.

^^^this^^^...Why the Rams would release Jabara Williams and keep a piece of **** like Ben Leber is beyond me. And who the *** is Brady Poppinga and does anybody really care?

And while I'm on my latest rant, why in the world is James Butler still a Ram? What has he done to stay on the team?

This franchise needs a complete overhaul (yet again) ASAP...

holt_bruce81
10-28-2011, 01:57 AM
Anyone see Scott's latest Mock?

Has us taking a cornerback Morris Claiborne with the 3rd overall pick in the draft.

Players still on the board....

Alshon Jeffery WR
Justin Blackmon WR
Trent Richardson RB

Thoughts?

NGSeiler
10-28-2011, 06:41 PM
It's tough for me to get behind any pick that isn't a WR at this point, simply because I think this team's need for a legitimate #1 target has been a glaring one for the better part of two seasons, and we're going on our third season now. Acquiring Lloyd was nice, but he shouldn't be the answer. He rarely has been in his career.

Having said that, Bradley Fletcher has now torn his ACL twice in his right knee, and Ron Bartell's goal after his neck injury is simply to play again. Both of these guys are free agents after 2012, and the Rams have nothing behind them in terms of quality depth, let alone potential starters. So I do think the CB position needs to be addressed at some point this offseason.

Looking at the mock, it appears that Stephon Gilmore and Chase Minnifield are not in the first round projection, assuming Scott included them in his list of projected available players. If that's the case, I think the Rams would be better served going WR in the first and grabbing one of them at the top of the second.

A combo of Blackmon/Jeffery in round one and then Gilmore/Minnifield in round two seems more appealing to me than Claiborne in rd1 and then Broyles/Toon/Jones in r2.

Beano
10-29-2011, 04:54 AM
Imo, we have so many needs, that no 1 player in any position is going to fix the issues we have. Some of the holes we had during the off season are still there (OLB/WR) but when you look at the play so far and some contract situations going forward I think you seriously have to take a look at DT, C, T and CB as well, probably RB as well.

I tend not to watch much College ball until the season is over and I can really immerse myself into the draft, I was quite big on Floyd and Blackmon at various points of the last couple of years, but I haven't really looked at DT or CB so can't actually comment on any of those. Still a long way to go till the end of the year so will leave comments on potential picks until later.

I'm beginning to think we might need to work harder on the draft, because we don't seem to be able to get free agents that can come in and play at any level close to what they did prior to becoming Rams.

NGSeiler
10-29-2011, 10:10 AM
Imo, we have so many needs, that no 1 player in any position is going to fix the issues we have. Some of the holes we had during the off season are still there (OLB/WR) but when you look at the play so far and some contract situations going forward I think you seriously have to take a look at DT, C, T and CB as well, probably RB as well.

I tend not to watch much College ball until the season is over and I can really immerse myself into the draft, I was quite big on Floyd and Blackmon at various points of the last couple of years, but I haven't really looked at DT or CB so can't actually comment on any of those. Still a long way to go till the end of the year so will leave comments on potential picks until later.

I'm beginning to think we might need to work harder on the draft, because we don't seem to be able to get free agents that can come in and play at any level close to what they did prior to becoming Rams.

Personnel evaluation was one area where, for a season or two, Devaney really received some heavy praise from the fan base. Now, it seems like it's an area of criticism, and I think a fair amount of that is justified.

One of the reasons the Rams are where they are now is poor drafting in the early to mid 2000s. Devaney was brought in to help run the draft in 2008, and the only guys still on the roster from that class are Chris Long, Justin King, and Chris Chamberlain. One good starter in Long, but not a guy who has justified the second overall pick (and I say that as a guy who is a big fan of his). King is pretty awful, and Chamberlain is a situational player at best. Pretty poor results overall in that class.

In 2009, the Rams hit on Laurinaitis and Fletcher, though injuries are threatening Bradley's long-term viability with the Rams. Second overall pick Jason Smith has failed to become this team's left tackle and is a questionable starter at right tackle as well. The only other player still on the team from that class is Darelll Scott, a marginal back-up. Questionable results overall. In 2010, the Rams added Bradford and passed on Suh; those two will forever be compared through their careers. Saffold looked like a great pick when he wasn't required to hold his blocks very long in Shurmur's dink and dunk offense, but has regressed this year. Murphy and Hoomanawanui can't stay healthy, Gilyard is gone, and the Rams have a few back-up players from the mid to late rounds still on the roster though they haven't done much.

Regarding free agents, what was once considered by many Rams fans to be a good free agent class of 2011 isn't turning out so well. Quintin Mikell has been good and Harvey Dahl has been solid at times, but Sims-Walker was a big bust, Jerious Norwood doesn't see the field, Cadillac's biggest impacts have been two turnovers, Bannan and Poppinga haven't improved this team's run defense up front, Leber has been inactive the last two games, Zac Diles an Daniel Muir didn't even make the final roster, and Al Harris is only efficient when the field is shortened to less than 20-yards. In 2009, Jason Brown and James Butler were brought in to be impact free agents and have both disappointed. Who was the biggest free agent acquisition in 2010? Fred Robbins? He's certainly fallen off after one good season. Guys like Na'il Diggs and Hank Fraley were brought in that year and are no longer with the team.

Beano
10-30-2011, 03:20 PM
Where the **** did that performance come from? The turn around from that guff against the Cowboys was huge.

Great, great game and we now sit with the expected 1-6 record I thought we would have at this point. :p

yodabear
10-30-2011, 03:24 PM
Where the **** did that come from? We played good on pretty much all facets of the game. Jackson was a beast on offense, Long was a beast on defense, and we held Sproles in check on special teams. WTF was that. And usually when I say that its a negative thing, but this time its positive.

NGSeiler
10-30-2011, 03:36 PM
I don't know where it came from, but I hope it stays around! Do I smell a 10-game winning streak, people? LET'S GO RAMS!!! :D

Beano
10-30-2011, 04:50 PM
Next 4 games are huge for where this season goes. All 4 are more winnable than pretty much any game we've played so far.

holt_bruce81
10-30-2011, 07:24 PM
I don't know where it came from, but I hope it stays around! Do I smell a 10-game winning streak, people? LET'S GO RAMS!!! :D

St Louis cardinals still had that good luck with them, they shared it with the rams!

holt_bruce81
10-30-2011, 09:12 PM
Man before the season started I thought even if we started out at 1-6 (no I didnt see this bad start coming) I still would of said we had a chance at the playoffs. 49ers are playing pretty damn good football right now.

Beano
10-31-2011, 06:31 AM
I thought 1-6 was the smart money when I first saw the schedule but I didn't expect us to play as woefully as we did through the first 6 weeks. I also (rather optimistically imo) thought we would finish at 7-9, and genuinely believed that, that might be good enough to challenge for the West as well.

Trouble is the 9ers have blown that well out of the water.

holt_bruce81
11-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Looks like it'll be a John Skelton vs AJ Feeley this week in Arizona. This month could be a great month for us if we don't play like absolute garbage. Arizona twice, Cleveland and Seattle. I know we're 1-6 so guaranteeing anything is a bit foolish, but we could realistically win 5 in a row.

Beano
11-06-2011, 06:40 PM
I'm ******* raging.

That 2nd half was 2009 inept on offense, and then the special teams meltdown just capped it all off.

Hopefully Salas is OK, but right now I want to smack someone.

yodabear
11-06-2011, 07:17 PM
**** this season. Its so ******* bad. What a major ******* disappointment. Fire the whole ******* team.

NGSeiler
11-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Salas reportedly done for the year w/ a broken bone in his leg.

Beano
11-07-2011, 05:39 AM
Salas reportedly done for the year w/ a broken bone in his leg.It's a real shame, after those dodgy opening 2 weeks, he's really stepped it up and looks like he'll be a weapon for us. Any word on Kendricks?

Still can't quite believe we managed to lose that. Game should have been dead and buried at HT.

ArkyRamsFan
11-07-2011, 12:35 PM
It's a real shame, after those dodgy opening 2 weeks, he's really stepped it up and looks like he'll be a weapon for us. Any word on Kendricks?

Still can't quite believe we managed to lose that. Game should have been dead and buried at HT.

I was really excited about how Salas was developing. He was becoming a definite "go-to" guy and I believe he brings more to the table than Amendola going forward.

Oh well, time to see what Pettis can do I guess....

Beano
11-13-2011, 04:49 PM
Well that might be the ugliest win the Rams have had in a long time.

Not a huge amount of positives, and yet more injuries. I hear they fear is both Harris and Hoomanawanui are both done for the year as well. Any of you near St Louis and played CB at any time? Might be worth a shot showing up at Rams park on Monday.

yodabear
11-13-2011, 06:36 PM
Hey all I care about, we had 13, they had 12, WE WIN!

holt_bruce81
11-16-2011, 05:30 AM
Looking at it, I'm warming up to the Rams taking Morris Claiborne.

He might not be my top choice but thinking about that secondary with Bartell, Fletcher and Claiborne. Could be fun to watch.

NGSeiler
11-16-2011, 10:46 PM
Looking at it, I'm warming up to the Rams taking Morris Claiborne.

He might not be my top choice but thinking about that secondary with Bartell, Fletcher and Claiborne. Could be fun to watch.

And that's assuming Bartell and Fletcher return from injury and are capable of playing up to previous levels. It's entirely possible they may not be capable, making CB an even bigger need.

I'm still of the mindset that a top-flight WR remains this team's biggest need, but you certainly can't ignore other positions, cornerback among them.

NGSeiler
11-18-2011, 06:14 PM
Saffold could be done for the year after sustaining a "serious chest injury" while lifting weights this week.

holt_bruce81
11-19-2011, 11:34 AM
Anyone catch Blackmon last night on ESPN? Weeden was off but Blackmon still had a nice game. His catch radius is absolutely ridiculous.

holt_bruce81
11-20-2011, 06:31 PM
We suck. We're like the Pittsburgh Pirates of the NFL.

holt_bruce81
11-20-2011, 08:46 PM
1. Justin Blackmon
2. David Decastro
3. Morris Claiborne
4. Trent Richardson
5. Vontaze Burfict

That might be my big board right now.

NGSeiler
11-20-2011, 09:35 PM
Didn't get to see the game today, going to try and catch it tomorrow. But from the sounds of it, Bradford kind of stunk it up and McDaniels didn't help much either.

holt_bruce81
11-20-2011, 09:45 PM
Didn't get to see the game today, going to try and catch it tomorrow. But from the sounds of it, Bradford kind of stunk it up and McDaniels didn't help much either.

The offensive line was beyond bad.

yodabear
11-20-2011, 10:59 PM
We suck. We're like the Pittsburgh Pirates of the NFL.

Wouldn't go that far, maybe like the Houston Astros. Is it baseball season yet?

Beano
11-21-2011, 06:48 AM
Didn't get to see the game today, going to try and catch it tomorrow. But from the sounds of it, Bradford kind of stunk it up and McDaniels didn't help much either.I never saw it either, but I was at a friends and we had Redzone on last night, Rams offense was on around 7/8 times and I think it only managed to show one positive play.

As you can imagine I can't wait to stick gamepass on and watch it. Although with how tired I am right now, I think a nap before might be the best thing to do.

NGSeiler
11-21-2011, 10:29 AM
The offensive line was beyond bad.

Maybe, but I watched the "highlights" of all five sacks on NFL.com and I'd say at least three though possibly four were on Sam. Still trying to get the opportunity to go back and watch the full game, though.

holt_bruce81
11-21-2011, 09:21 PM
Maybe, but I watched the "highlights" of all five sacks on NFL.com and I'd say at least three though possibly four were on Sam. Still trying to get the opportunity to go back and watch the full game, though.

Talking more about the running game.

I hope they keep Spags, but if I was Stan, I would fire Bill Devaney. I don't know, Devaney seems like a nice guy but it's obvious that he can't put together a 53-man roster.

Right now I want the Rams to resign Brandon Lloyd and sign Desean Jackson in the offseason. I love Blackmon but IMO right now we need to spend the picks on fixing other positions.

1. David DeCastro OG
2. Billy Winn DT
3. Best Outside Linebacker available (hopefully one of the OU guys) or TY Hilton.

Lloyd, Desean, Hilton.....Finally get some guys who can stretch the field and has the ability to score at any point of the game.

NGSeiler
11-22-2011, 08:21 AM
Talking more about the running game.

Ah, well then yes, I'd agree.

I hope they keep Spags, but if I was Stan, I would fire Bill Devaney. I don't know, Devaney seems like a nice guy but it's obvious that he can't put together a 53-man roster.

I would agree that Devaney hasn't exactly been the astute talent evaluator that many thought he was earlier in his tenure.

Right now I want the Rams to resign Brandon Lloyd and sign Desean Jackson in the offseason. I love Blackmon but IMO right now we need to spend the picks on fixing other positions.

1. David DeCastro OG
2. Billy Winn DT
3. Best Outside Linebacker available (hopefully one of the OU guys) or TY Hilton.

Lloyd, Desean, Hilton.....Finally get some guys who can stretch the field and has the ability to score at any point of the game.

I'm not a big fan of Jackson, but I understand he appears to be one of the most talented options in next year's free agent crop. Also, despite an excellent prospect at the position and a rookie pay scale to help keep the contract in check, I don't see the Rams spending a top five pick on a guard.

My three candidates for the Rams' first round pick right now (which I believe would be the third overall pick according to the order) are Blackmon, Kalil, or Claiborne.

Beano
11-23-2011, 05:49 AM
I see we have another DB on IR, it really is quite astonishing.

Interesting stat of the day.
Pass rushing defensive end Chris Long has 58 overall pressures on the year on 339 pass rushes, which equates to pressure on a ridiculous 17% of pass plays.

holt_bruce81
11-23-2011, 08:45 PM
Heard Tony Softli say a few days ago that he would be surprised if Ron Bartell came back, says he thinks Ron is done.

Now I know it's Softli so I wouldn't put to much into it, he's a knowledgeable football guy but he's kind of dumb when it comes to the media side. But if that is true, Corner just will be the Rams #1 Need this offseason.

stlouisfan37
12-06-2011, 11:07 PM
"Lloyd, Desean, Hilton.....Finally get some guys who can stretch the field and has the ability to score at any point of the game."

I really like TY Hilton. He can really be a game changer at the next level and has the kind of speed that is rare. If you haven't seen him play, go check out his highlights against Louisville from earlier this year on youtube and see what kind of separation he gets. On one play he runs about an 8-yard slant and it appears as though the safety is in perfect position to make a tackle. Next thing you know he is ten yards past everyone and the whole secondary is chasing him downfield. So not only does he have speed and explosion, but he isn't afraid to go over the middle. And he is a fantastic returner.

Beano
01-02-2012, 10:01 AM
Can someone delete this thread so we can pretend this season didn't happen?

ArkyRamsFan
01-02-2012, 11:37 AM
Well, it's official. Both Spags and Devaney are GONE from the Rams. Let the housecleaning begin in earnest. It is time for a new regime and a new committment to success.

While I thank both of them for their efforts it is time to move in a new direction and get this ship turned around.

Let us all look forward to the day where as Rams fans we no longer have to wear our brown paper bags and hang our heads like whupped puppies...