PDA

View Full Version : Cricket World Cup 2011

NY+Giants=NYG
02-18-2011, 11:11 PM
I know we have international members on this site. And the world cup starts tomorrow, so it should be a good world cup!

wicket
02-23-2011, 01:37 AM
So bummed my boys ended up just short against the english, wouldve loved beating them again. Still proud of the performance though

Caddy
02-23-2011, 06:01 AM
I lurveeeeeee Cricket.

bigbluedefense
02-23-2011, 07:33 AM
Bangladesh got their ass whooped by India :(

NY+Giants=NYG
02-23-2011, 10:01 AM
Bangladesh got their ass whooped by India :(

Your bowling wasn't good at all. But you guys did manage to score a lot of runs which was a red flag. I doubt we use that bowler now. But this national team is considered a dream team for us. Reminds me of Brazil back in the day when they had Romario, Bebeto, and a young Ronaldo. Insane amount of talent. We are solid from 1 to 7 in batting and can up points like the Saints did couple years back.

bigbluedefense
02-23-2011, 10:04 AM
Your bowling wasn't good at all. But you guys did manage to score a lot of runs which was a red flag. I doubt we use that bowler now. But this national team is considered a dream team for us. Reminds me of Brazil back in the day when they had Romario, Bebeto, and a young Ronaldo. Insane amount of talent. We are solid from 1 to 7 in batting and can up points like the Saints did couple years back.

I admit I didn't watch any of the games yet. I just know we're one of the countries hosting it, which is a big deal bc we never host ****.

My Uncle is really into it, and he was all fired up haha.

brat316
02-23-2011, 10:10 AM
I been trying to get into it, but 4 am game times and not really my thing. My dad loves it. Go India?

Caddy
02-24-2011, 07:57 AM
Australia is going to win their 4th World Cup in a row. I hope!

NY+Giants=NYG
02-24-2011, 10:11 AM

From what I remember, this team isn't as stacked as they were when they won it last time. I think that's when they played India. That team Australia had was amazing!

Caddy
02-24-2011, 05:59 PM
Yeah Australia isn't quite as strong as we've been in recent years. Our run of dominance as the top test nation has ended, however we are still the #1 ODI team so I'd expect a strong showing on the back of guys like Shane Watson.

NY+Giants=NYG
02-25-2011, 12:36 PM
Yeah Australia isn't quite as strong as we've been in recent years. Our run of dominance as the top test nation has ended, however we are still the #1 ODI team so I'd expect a strong showing on the back of guys like Shane Watson.

Yeah Watson is a great player. You guys very well may win the world cup. Your team reminds me of the New England Patriots. Even the arrogant swagger, mimics and reminds me of Bill B and Tom Brady's Pats.

It will be a good world cup either way. I know first things first, we need to beat up on England. I think if we play our game, and if there are no surprises, we certainly have the batting power to knock them around. That's the good adv. of being solid 1 thru 7. If we play our game, and score a lot of runs, then the pressure is on the opposing batters to have to play out of their limits to compete.

Vikes99ej
02-25-2011, 12:43 PM
I am 12 and what is this?

NY+Giants=NYG
02-25-2011, 02:00 PM
I am 12 and what is this?

Cricket World Cup 2011...

Another popular sport in the world. It is common throughout the world, but mostly player by countries that were once ruled by the British. But the sport has grown to other countries around the world.

d34ng3l021
02-26-2011, 02:12 PM

Not if big bad India have anything to say about it. They gotta make up for their poor showing in the 03 Finals and that 07 joke.

NY+Giants=NYG
03-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Anyone's world cup now, especially in Group B. Ireland is having a good cup, and great team win against England. England rebounded today with a great win over South Africa. There are a lot of good teams in this WC. I think it's any of the top teams cup to win.