PDA

View Full Version : < Xio's 7th Annual NFLDC Fantasy Baseball League >

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

D-Unit
08-15-2011, 07:11 PM
Wait a minute! What am I doing giving away all of my secrets to success!?

GASP!

[/sarcasm]
I am glad that discussion in this league has picked up again. :)

Giantsfan1080
08-15-2011, 08:19 PM
Did you not see my keepers the last 2 years? They were all vets. This is Dan Uggla we're talking about here guys not the superstar you're making him out to be.

bearsfan_51
08-15-2011, 08:45 PM
He's a 2B that's strong in 4 out of 5 categories.

Xiomera
08-15-2011, 08:48 PM
There aren't more than seven 2nd baseman I'd rather have for next season. In a 12 team league, that's significant.

Giantsfan1080
08-15-2011, 08:49 PM
I'm not arguing Uggla isn't valuable but his skill set is on the decline and I got a major league ready bat who who's started off hot and looks to be a big hitter. Time will tell.

D-Unit
08-15-2011, 08:53 PM
He's a 2B that's strong in 4 out of 5 categories.
I'm officially putting Dan Uggla on the block.

Send in your offers. I don't need him that much since I have Michael Young at 2B so all of you guys who see Uggla the same way BF does, please send me your offers. I don't consider Uggla a keeper for me, in case you want to know how much I value him. I don't need a keeper back in return.

No need to PM your offers to me. Just post them here. We'll see exactly where this league feels about Uggla. According to BF, he's some great proven star who is "strong in 4 out of 5 categories". DON'T MISS OUT!!!

Hurry! Hurry! Hurry!

D-Unit
08-15-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm not arguing Uggla isn't valuable but his skill set is on the decline and I got a major league ready bat who who's started off hot and looks to be a big hitter. Time will tell.
Will you stop bashing his stock? LOL.

Best way to gauge his stock is to see what offers I get.

bearsfan_51
08-15-2011, 08:57 PM
I'll trade you Jean Segura for him. He's not available in the yahoo system yet, but he will be soon I'm sure. Fangraphs tells me he's going to be really good, you should keep him for next year.

Xiomera
08-15-2011, 09:00 PM
I hope you understand that this isn't about Dan Uggla specifically, so much as it is a question of approach. Prospects are worthless. I bet you're thrilled you invested so highly in Strausberg two years ago.

Xiomera
08-15-2011, 09:03 PM
But if you're really asking, I offer you Mike Carp, Al Alburquerque and the top 5 draft picks in the 2011 draft, which I just sprinted to my keyboard to add.

PROSPECTZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

D-Unit
08-15-2011, 09:09 PM
I hope you understand that this isn't about Dan Uggla specifically, so much as it is a question of approach. Prospects are worthless. I bet you're thrilled you invested so highly in Strausberg two years ago.
Depending on the type of team you're building, where you are in the standings and your chances for winning now...your strategy varies. I know you guys aren't idiots so stop sounding like one. If I was looking to build for the future and didn't have a chance to win then I would definitely be attracted to top prospects. But the way my team is now, it's not that way.

So you guys can be funny all you want. I still haven't gotten an offer from either of you. Or anyone else... What? You don't see value in Uggla all of a sudden? He's so great, but you don't want him?

Xiomera
08-15-2011, 09:13 PM
Depending on the type of team you're building, where you are in the standings and your chances for winning now...your strategy varies. I know you guys aren't idiots so stop sounding like one. If I was looking to build for the future and didn't have a chance to win then I would definitely be attracted to top prospects. But the way my team is now, it's not that way.

So you guys can be funny all you want. I still haven't gotten an offer from either of you. Or anyone else... What? You don't see value in Uggla all of a sudden? He's so great, but you don't want him?

You are not a idiot. You bought Uggla at a bargain bin price and BF and I aren't dumb enough to believe you'd sell him at an equivalent value.

If I offered you Mike Trout, Jacob Turner, and Brett Lawrie, you wouldn't accept it.

bearsfan_51
08-15-2011, 09:14 PM
I know you guys aren't idiots so stop sounding like one.
Calling people names never got anyone anywhere, mister.

I just offered you Jean Segura. Also, you only waited like three minutes. Also, half the people in this league haven't made a move in over a month.

Jughead10
08-15-2011, 09:18 PM
I'm starting to wonder how many points I can make up at the end of the year because I'm way behind everyone in innings. I obviously can't win, but I'm curious to see how high I can get. The wins just aren't there.

How'd you get so many wins Xio? Luck?

Xiomera
08-15-2011, 09:21 PM
I'm starting to wonder how many points I can make up at the end of the year because I'm way behind everyone in innings. I obviously can't win, but I'm curious to see how high I can get. The wins just aren't there.

How'd you get so many wins Xio? Luck?

Not really sure. I have three double-digit wins pitchers. Also, quite a few wins from my relief pitchers, including a handful from Capps and Nathan while they were blowing saves and getting bailed out by their offense afterward, haha.

Jughead10
08-15-2011, 09:26 PM
Not really sure. I have three double-digit wins pitchers. Also, quite a few wins from my relief pitchers, including a handful from Capps and Nathan while they were blowing saves and getting bailed out by their offense afterward, haha.

Well our ERA and Whip are identical. I have more Ks in less innings. Granted you have 68 more innings pitched than me but that doesn't equal 19 wins. I guess you have more pitchers on better teams and a bit of luck.

Xiomera
08-15-2011, 09:29 PM
Well our ERA and Whip are identical. I have more Ks in less innings. Granted you have 68 more innings pitched than me but that doesn't equal 19 wins. I guess you have more pitchers on better teams and a bit of luck.

Could be. My pitching has been a major disappointment to me. I thought I was in excellent shape entering the year, but Ubaldo and Scherzer have sunk my chances.

Jughead10
08-15-2011, 09:30 PM
Now is the part of the season where I rotate one pitching spot and exploit match ups to make up innings.

D-Unit
08-15-2011, 10:10 PM
You are not a idiot. You bought Uggla at a bargain bin price and BF and I aren't dumb enough to believe you'd sell him at an equivalent value.

If I offered you Mike Trout, Jacob Turner, and Brett Lawrie, you wouldn't accept it.

I would DEFINITELY accept that if I were in rebuilding mode. Not sure you understand what I was saying earlier.

D-Unit
08-15-2011, 10:12 PM
Calling people names never got anyone anywhere, mister.

I just offered you Jean Segura. Also, you only waited like three minutes. Also, half the people in this league haven't made a move in over a month.

... Give me a real offer. You haven't made a single valid point yet.

bearsfan_51
08-15-2011, 10:17 PM
I've made tons of great points. My points are great.

Xiomera
08-15-2011, 10:27 PM
I would DEFINITELY accept that if I were in rebuilding mode. Not sure you understand what I was saying earlier.

Rebuilding mode is a myth. If all of us were in this for the next 6 years and there were a prize for the winner, then maybe I could see it.

I still don't believe you'd value prospects as much as you say you would. You weren't collecting them last year when you were at the bottom of the standings.

D-Unit
08-15-2011, 10:28 PM
I've made tons of great points. My points are great.

Yeah, you said Uggla is amazing but how come I don't have any good offers? *shrugs*

Giantsfan1080
08-15-2011, 10:31 PM
Lawrie with his 3rd HR in 10 games. Very Ugglaesque. You guys are fools acting like Lawrie is a sham of a hitter.

bearsfan_51
08-15-2011, 10:33 PM
Yeah, you said Uggla is amazing
Show me where I said that. For the third time, you're trying too hard.

Xiomera
08-15-2011, 10:34 PM
Lawrie with his 3rd HR in 10 games. Very Ugglaesque. You guys are fools acting like Lawrie is a sham of a hitter.

He's an unproven commodity. He's a prospect, therefore subject to the struggles of every player trying to break into the league.

I hope you understand this is less about Uggla specifically than it is my disagreement with the strategy you employ. You're entitled to do what you want, but I'm entitled to point out your folly. http://draftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

Giantsfan1080
08-15-2011, 10:37 PM
It's not a strategy. It's not like I've done this with every veteran on my team. I received a top 3 hitting prospect in the minors who every scout in the world says will hit in the majors. The numbers back that up. I also gave up Dan Uggla not a Prince Fielder or whoever. I mean I had a very strong feeling about Carlos Santana when he was a prospect and how's that looking? He's one of the best fantasy catchers right now. Maybe I'm not as dumb as you think and can discern between someone who IS going to hit at the major league level and is already showing that. When Lawrie ends up with a strong 2 months maybe you guys will change your tune a little. Like I said Lawrie is as close to a sure thing prospect you can get so if I could deal a 32 year old for him I'm going to do it. Also, it obviously didn't hurt my team one bit considering I'm doing better now than I did when I had Uggla.

D-Unit
08-15-2011, 10:39 PM
Rebuilding mode is a myth. If all of us were in this for the next 6 years and there were a prize for the winner, then maybe I could see it.

I still don't believe you'd value prospects as much as you say you would. You weren't collecting them last year when you were at the bottom of the standings.

I always collect propsects and in fact that's what I use my waiver on 99% of the time. I even draft them higher than most and have gotten criticized for reaching. Some of my best players have been young prospects in my time doing fantasy baseball. You can have your opinion that prospects aren't valuable, but that doesn't mean everyone has to share your opinion or they are wrong.

...and what does the prize of this league matter in regards to the value of prospects?

Xiomera
08-15-2011, 10:44 PM
I always collect propsects and in fact that's what I use my waiver on 99% of the time. I even draft them higher than most and have gotten criticized for reaching. Some of my best players have been young prospects in my time doing fantasy baseball. You can have your opinion that prospects aren't valuable, but that doesn't mean everyone has to share your opinion or they are wrong.

...and what does the prize of this league matter in regards to the value of prospects?

Who said that? I said it effects the validity of a strategy of rebuilding.

Maybe you do "value" prospects, but you see "value" in them only in the sense that you KNOW other people (read: non-contenders) badly overvalue them and will give you proven players for them.

Game. Set. Match. Goodnight, kids. Hope you enjoyed the show.

D-Unit
08-15-2011, 10:46 PM
It's not a strategy. It's not like I've done this with every veteran on my team. I received a top 3 hitting prospect in the minors who every scout in the world says will hit in the majors. The numbers back that up. I also gave up Dan Uggla not a Prince Fielder or whoever. I mean I had a very strong feeling about Carlos Santana when he was a prospect and how's that looking? He's one of the best fantasy catchers right now. Maybe I'm not as dumb as you think and can discern between someone who IS going to hit at the major league level and is already showing that. When Lawrie ends up with a strong 2 months maybe you guys will change your tune a little. Like I said Lawrie is as close to a sure thing prospect you can get so if I could deal a 32 year old for him I'm going to do it. Also, it obviously didn't hurt my team one bit considering I'm doing better now than I did when I had Uggla.
This is too funny. I'm having fun with this conversation. Points well made GF.

Xiomera
08-15-2011, 10:47 PM
You two are a match made in heaven. (delusional heaven, that is)

Giantsfan1080
08-15-2011, 10:50 PM
Well at least we got some debate going.

D-Unit
08-15-2011, 10:53 PM
Who said that? I said it effects the validity of a strategy of rebuilding.

Maybe you do "value" prospects, but you see "value" in them only in the sense that you KNOW other people (read: non-contenders) badly overvalue them and will give you proven players for them.

Game. Set. Match. Goodnight, kids. Hope you enjoyed the show.
I like them for myself. ...and even if I also pick them up because I see trade value in them then is that not a strategy of fantasy baseball either? Don't like it fine... But I'm not doing something anyone else couldn't do. It's the same thing with you and closers. You hog them up and know people overpay for them too.

Booya!

Xiomera
08-15-2011, 10:54 PM
How have I hogged closers?

I have three and I haven't traded any of them.

D-Unit
08-15-2011, 10:55 PM
Well at least we got some debate going.
This .

D-Unit
08-15-2011, 10:57 PM
How have I hogged closers?

I have three and I haven't traded any of them.

How many did you draft? How many did you pick up during the year? How come it's so hard to get you to trade one?

Xiomera
08-15-2011, 11:03 PM
How many did you draft? How many did you pick up during the year? How come it's so hard to get you to trade one?

Haha, let's rephrase that question: How come I don't give them away like someone gave you Leo Nunez?

As for adding them throughout the season, it's no different than any of you. Whoever is in a position to get saves becomes fantasy relevant. I'll be the very first to tell you that owning players like Nathan, Capps and Lyon at one point or another this season had significant adverse effects on my team. My ERA and WHIP took a beating and I regret using them. But closers with a clamp on their job, they're extremely valuable. There's a finite number of closers in baseball.

D-Unit
08-15-2011, 11:55 PM
Haha, let's rephrase that question: How come I don't give them away like someone gave you Leo Nunez?

As for adding them throughout the season, it's no different than any of you. Whoever is in a position to get saves becomes fantasy relevant. I'll be the very first to tell you that owning players like Nathan, Capps and Lyon at one point or another this season had significant adverse effects on my team. My ERA and WHIP took a beating and I regret using them. But closers with a clamp on their job, they're extremely valuable. There's a finite number of closers in baseball.
Yeah, I guess you make a good point, cause I got Leo Nunez for some "give away chump" named Jay Bruce.

That same Leo Nunez that just put up a 27.00 ERA today. hahahaha. :/

Xiomera
08-16-2011, 12:17 AM
Yeah, I guess you make a good point, cause I got Leo Nunez for some "give away chump" named Jay Bruce.

That same Leo Nunez that just put up a 27.00 ERA today. hahahaha. :/

Yes, because one day makes a season ........ He's 5th in MLB in saves with an ERA and WHIP that won't hurt you. One of those secure closers I mentioned the value of earlier.

The trade was Bruce / Arencibia (another overvalued young guy) for VMart / Nunez. Don't forget the details.

D-Unit
08-16-2011, 02:12 AM
Yes, because one day makes a season ........ He's 5th in MLB in saves with an ERA and WHIP that won't hurt you. One of those secure closers I mentioned the value of earlier.

The trade was Bruce / Arencibia (another overvalued young guy) for VMart / Nunez. Don't forget the details.
The details:
Bruce/Arencibia combine for 106 runs, 45 HR, 132 RBI, 7 SB and a .312 OBP so far.

VMart - 52 runs, 6 HR, 64 RBI, 1 SB, .374 OBP
Nunez - 1 W, 32 SV, 50 K, 3.35 ERA, 1.17 WHIP

GF gained in Runs, HR, RBI, SB and I gained in OBP and Saves. I could get K, ERA and WHIP from a reliever on the wire. Then consider VMart hasn't had a full healthy season in years. His HRs are drastically down this season. 6 is quite sad.

I certainly don't think I pulled off a rip off trade, yet that's what you constantly want to preach. Why are you so bitter towards me?

Look, I enjoy the discussion, but if you can't talk without getting mad then I don't think the conversation stays fun.

Giantsfan1080
08-16-2011, 08:24 AM
I'm the one getting killed here, not you. My team was in last place when I made that trade and it helped find a little higher ground. I knew I needed HR's, R, and RBI which is why I wanted Bruce. I might have sold a little low on Nunez I won't argue that but he was on a bumpy road last year almost losing his job.

Xiomera
08-16-2011, 10:01 AM
The details:
Bruce/Arencibia combine for 106 runs, 45 HR, 132 RBI, 7 SB and a .312 OBP so far.

VMart - 52 runs, 6 HR, 64 RBI, 1 SB, .374 OBP
Nunez - 1 W, 32 SV, 50 K, 3.35 ERA, 1.17 WHIP

GF gained in Runs, HR, RBI, SB and I gained in OBP and Saves. I could get K, ERA and WHIP from a reliever on the wire. Then consider VMart hasn't had a full healthy season in years. His HRs are drastically down this season. 6 is quite sad.

I certainly don't think I pulled off a rip off trade, yet that's what you constantly want to preach. Why are you so bitter towards me?

Look, I enjoy the discussion, but if you can't talk without getting mad then I don't think the conversation stays fun.

You started this one with your talk of closers. Don't bring stuff up if you don't want the facts flying back in your face.

You really enjoy playing the victim, don't you?

D-Unit
08-16-2011, 10:48 AM
You started this one with your talk of closers. Don't bring stuff up if you don't want the facts flying back in your face.

You really enjoy playing the victim, don't you?
Facts flying back in my face? Really? Now who's playing the victim?

Chill out bro. Why are you getting offended by the suggestion that you value closers very highly? Am I wrong? *shrugs* I mean, I know I value them highly...

But the bottomline is that we were talking about strategy. Prospects...closers... it's irrelevant. People have different opinions and strategies. I just think it's wrong of you to belittle the value of prospects/young players because it's your opinion that they are not valuable (which I don't believe you for one second - nice pick up of Mike Carp and Darwin Barney recently btw)

As for being a victim... yea, I feel like I was being attacked for being someone who constantly rips people off in trades. Naturally, anyone would be defensive. Do I enjoy it? Heck no. But that's the position I was put in by yours and BF's comments.

Xiomera
08-16-2011, 11:09 AM
Facts flying back in my face? Really? Now who's playing the victim?

Chill out bro. Why are you getting offended by the suggestion that you value closers very highly? Am I wrong? *shrugs* I mean, I know I value them highly...

But the bottomline is that we were talking about strategy. Prospects...closers... it's irrelevant. People have different opinions and strategies. I just think it's wrong of you to belittle the value of prospects/young players because it's your opinion that they are not valuable (which I don't believe you for one second - nice pick up of Mike Carp and Darwin Barney recently btw)

As for being a victim... yea, I feel like I was being attacked for being someone who constantly rips people off in trades. Naturally, anyone would be defensive. Do I enjoy it? Heck no. But that's the position I was put in by yours and BF's comments.

This is too funny. Too ******* funny, indeed.

D-Unit
08-16-2011, 11:14 AM
This is too funny. Too ******* funny, indeed.
Why? Never meant to be funny.

Xiomera
08-16-2011, 11:20 AM
Because there's so much delusion in it that I'm surprised NFLDC didn't spit it back out and refuse to post it.

Don't worry bro, I don't think BF or I fault you for one second in striking the deals you do. Excellent strategery.

bearsfan_51
08-16-2011, 11:46 AM
As for being a victim... yea, I feel like I was being attacked for being someone who constantly rips people off in trades.
Attacked? Oh my lord...

KCJ58
08-16-2011, 11:54 AM
If anyone wants get some help u can take a look at these guys & get them for cheap, but not to cheap:

SS - Rafael Furcal
SS - Erik Aybar
RP - Joe Nathan
SP - James McDonald
SP - Charlie Morton
IF - Jed Lowrie
OF - Nick Swisher
1B/3B - Edwin Encarnacion
1B/OF - Garrett Jones

These guys will cost a little more to have:

SP - James Shields
SP - Jhoulys Chacin

Brodeur
08-16-2011, 12:38 PM
Xio would you stop being a douche and let it go.

Xiomera
08-16-2011, 12:39 PM
Xio would you stop being a douche and let it go.

I'd argue if I didn't know you were being tongue in cheek.

Brodeur
08-16-2011, 12:46 PM
Eh, I'm actually with GF here. I see no reason why his trade shouldn't be passed.

Xiomera
08-16-2011, 12:52 PM
Eh, I'm actually with GF here. I see no reason why his trade shouldn't be passed.

Bro, his trade was passed last week without a single nay-sayer.

BF just questioned GF's strategy long after it passed and it snowballed from there.

Don't kid yourself, this conversation has absolutely nothing to do with the actual trade.

Brodeur
08-16-2011, 12:53 PM
Ohhhhhhh, GF really confused me. This is what I get for not paying attention and all that crap, but ah well. I'm going to go back to my corner now.

D-Unit
08-16-2011, 12:58 PM
Well regardless of the conversation, I just want to say this has been the funnest league I've been in this year. I enjoy the fights too. Makes for good memories. :D

Xiomera
08-16-2011, 01:00 PM
Well regardless of the conversation, I just want to say this has been the funnest league I've been in this year. I enjoy the fights too. Makes for good memories. :D

This post is missing a vowel. I'll let you figure out where it should fall. http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gifhttp://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

D-Unit
08-16-2011, 01:25 PM
This post is missing a vowel. I'll let you figure out where it should fall. http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gifhttp://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif
Yeah, it's the funniest league too, Xio.

D-Unit
08-16-2011, 04:02 PM
Anyone interested in Tommy Hanson?

Giantsfan1080
08-16-2011, 04:42 PM
Anyone interested in Tommy Hanson?

Too old and established for me.

Xiomera
08-16-2011, 10:23 PM
Not that it matters now, but I inexplicably benched Jeff Niemann's 10 K complete game.

Damn it.

D-Unit
08-20-2011, 12:19 PM
Grade my trades: Win / Loss / Push

Sent players in bold

Jay Bruce
JP Arencibia

for

Victor Martinez
Leo Nunez

My grade: Push
----------------

Asdrubal Cabrera
Nelson Cruz

for

Jed Lowrie
Ike Davis
Joe Nathan

My grade: Win
----------------

Josh Hamilton

for

Josh Beckett

----------------

Evan Longoria
Buster Posey
Dustin Ackley
Chad Billingsly
Brian Matusz

for

Michael Young
Matt Kemp
Tommy Hanson

My grade: Win
----------------

Grady Sizemore

for

Colby Rasmus
Josh Tomlin

My grade: Loss
----------------

Huston Street

for

Ben Zobrist
Brandon Beachy

----------------

Aramis Ramirez

for

Jermile Weeks
Alexi Ogando

----------------

Dan Uggla
Jordan Walden

for

Brett Lawrie
CJ Wilson

bearsfan_51
08-20-2011, 04:10 PM
Grade my trades.

D-Unit
08-20-2011, 04:18 PM
Grade my trades.

Haha. I just noticed that I didn't include the one I did with you.

David Ortiz

For

Josh Tomlin
Chris Young (mets)

My grade: I lose.

bearsfan_51
08-21-2011, 04:05 PM
Guess I should have started Gavin Floyd. Didn't see that coming.

Also, D, I believe you owe me and Xio like a million dollars or something.

D-Unit
08-21-2011, 05:44 PM
Guess I should have started Gavin Floyd. Didn't see that coming.

Also, D, I believe you owe me and Xio like a million dollars or something.
Oh yea? What for?

bearsfan_51
08-21-2011, 05:45 PM
Something about how you'd never find anyone who wanted Dan Uggla.

Xiomera
08-21-2011, 05:48 PM
After I traded Weeks, I definitely would have made a strong offer on Uggla. But you dealt him.

D-Unit
08-21-2011, 05:54 PM
Something about how you'd never find anyone who wanted Dan Uggla.
Meh. I had to sell low. Brodeur got a bargain.

D-Unit
08-21-2011, 05:57 PM
After I traded Weeks, I definitely would have made a strong offer on Uggla. But you dealt him.
You know our trade talks would've gone no where like they always do.

If I had approached you, you would've told me how you have Zobrist. I know the dance goes with you. I don't buy the genuineness in your post.

On another note, I just wanted to say that I think the deal that you worked out with PF really looks good for the both of you. Congrats on a nice deal. You're a tough worthy opponent, Xio.

And BF.... I had you for one day there where I was in 1st place. That was a nice day, but my team has decided to tank lately. Been trying to follow this league closer than any of the other leagues I've been in, and it's been a fun season. No matter where I finish, I gave it my best shot and had fun. Even the debates have been fun, even though I apparently seem to make you and Xio mad. I really don't mean to. So sorry. I know you think I rip people off in trades, but I really don't see it that way. Of course I want to win all trades, and I've had a couple vetoed, but I think everybody wants to win trades. It's all good though.

Xiomera
08-21-2011, 06:00 PM
You know our trade talks would've gone no where like they always do.

If I had approached you, you would've told me how you have Zobrist. I know the dance goes with you. I don't buy the genuineness in your post.

I disagree on both counts. No worries. The time has passed.

Xiomera
08-21-2011, 06:04 PM
I don't see how you think BF and I were mad. We were having a discussion of value and strategy. If I were "mad" about the trade, I'd have vetoed it.

bearsfan_51
08-21-2011, 06:09 PM
I vetoed it, but that doesn't mean I'm mad, it means you were two points behind me and I think you ripped him off. If you were 10 points behind me I wouldn't care who you ripped off.

Strictly business.

D-Unit
08-21-2011, 06:11 PM
I don't see how you think BF and I were mad. We were having a discussion of value and strategy. If I were "mad" about the trade, I'd have vetoed it.
OK, well you can call it what you want. We argue and because of the way I do things you have a certain low opinion of me.

D-Unit
08-21-2011, 06:13 PM
I vetoed it, but that doesn't mean I'm mad, it means you were two points behind me and I think you ripped him off. If you were 10 points behind me I wouldn't care who you ripped off.

Strictly business.
BF, my guess is you veto more than 90% of my trades. Am I right?

But if you look back on my trades this year that have passed, am I really that heavily favored, like some rip off artist?

bearsfan_51
08-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Looking at your list, that's the only trade I vetoed that went through (can't remember any that didn't).

I don't veto much. I'm not sure why you're acting like a victim.

D-Unit
08-21-2011, 06:21 PM
Looking at your list, that's the only trade I vetoed that went through (can't remember any that didn't).

I don't veto much. I'm not sure why you're acting like a victim.
Haha. I'm not looking for any pity. I'm nobody's victim. I'm just calling it like I see it. Are you saying you don't think I'm a rip off artist? Cause honestly, that's the impression I get from you. ..eh and xio too. but I think you guys are wrong. Doesn't matter... the sun still rises everyday. :D

edit: actually I am a victim. A victim of my own decisions...good and bad... and THAT... I can live with. :D

Xiomera
08-21-2011, 06:40 PM
OK, well you can call it what you want. We argue and because of the way I do things you have a certain low opinion of me.

My low opinion of you has little to do with trade activity. It's your prerogative to rip people off in trades and it's the fault of your trade partner to appease you. Your attempt to spin things with outlandish arguments, however, tends to get you into trouble and draw even more detestation and attention.

Then there's some other stuff I'll spare you and everyone else from discussing.

D-Unit
08-21-2011, 07:27 PM
My low opinion of you has little to do with trade activity. It's your prerogative to rip people off in trades and it's the fault of your trade partner to appease you. Your attempt to spin things with outlandish arguments, however, tends to get you into trouble and draw even more detestation and attention.

Then there's some other stuff I'll spare you and everyone else from discussing.
Nah. Your low opinion of me is based off me not agreeing with you that you are always right. You can call me a rip off artist, but with the veto power in this league, I can say whatever success I got in this league, I got on fair accord. You think I talk my way into stupidity, but I'm fine with my comments. I don't like your opinion of me because our history on this site is too long and I still have tons of respect for you. It's the main reason why I like to try to beat you in these leagues. You're damn hard beat man. :)

I think for the best, this will be my last season in this league... at least for a while. It's better for me to quit than continue to be a thorn. Hopefully, time can heal. I got nothing to hide either.

Xiomera
08-21-2011, 07:29 PM
Bye, bye, bye.

Brodeur
08-21-2011, 07:30 PM
Oh come on now, let's not be rash.

D-Unit
08-21-2011, 07:42 PM
Bye, bye, bye.
Hey, no hard feelings. That's cool.

yodabear
08-22-2011, 02:09 AM
Grade my trades: Win / Loss / Push

Josh Hamilton

for

Josh Beckett

Grady Sizemore

for

Colby Rasmus
Josh Tomlin

----------------

1 Push and a Win for me :). I like.

D-Unit
08-23-2011, 10:06 PM
A lot of trades going on .... Mostly minor ones for me. I have no clue if this will work, but it's a lot of fun regardless.

Xio's got a flare for the dramatic! Wow, Awesome deal today. I like it a lot for both you and Yoda.

Xiomera
08-23-2011, 10:11 PM
One more to come ...

I still have players I won't keep that would be improvements over some of the 11th and 12th keepers some of you have. If you haven't replied the PM I sent out, it's your loss apparently. I'm doing 2 and 3 for 1 trades for the most incremental of upgrades.

D-Unit
08-23-2011, 10:24 PM
One more to come ...

I still have players I won't keep that would be improvements over some of the 11th and 12th keepers some of you have. If you haven't replied the PM I sent out, it's your loss apparently. I'm doing 2 and 3 for 1 trades for the most incremental of upgrades.
I almost traded Kemp and Verlander in 1 trade today. :O

bearsfan_51
08-23-2011, 10:27 PM
Good thing you're not coming back next year D. You've got about 5 guys left worth keeping.

D-Unit
08-23-2011, 10:36 PM
Good thing you're not coming back next year D. You've got about 5 guys left worth keeping.
You talk a lot of trash. I like that.

yodabear
08-24-2011, 01:55 AM
Alright, I am actually shocked there isn't much up roar since I traded Tulo. But I do need more keepers, and sure I give up 4, but I get three in return. Maybe even all 4, doubtful Abreu will end up being one. However, I am extremely thin at SP right now.

D-Unit
08-24-2011, 01:33 PM
Nick Markakis for Kyle Farnsworth. Who would've thought that on draft day, huh? :)

That said, it's still the right move for both teams. I like it.

bearsfan_51
08-24-2011, 01:39 PM
It's a better deal for Xio, but I wasn't keeping Markakis next year anyway.

yodabear
08-24-2011, 01:45 PM
I will admit too that this year, Xio will win our deal, I am looking to the future.

D-Unit
08-24-2011, 01:48 PM
I will admit too that this year, Xio will win our deal, I am looking to the future.
You did a great job grabbing assets. I was surprised with how much you got. Nice deal Yoda.

bearsfan_51
08-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Unless one of them dies or needs tommy john, my keepers are pretty clear. It's why I cut Buchholtz, although someone should have given me something for him so Xio wouldn't have snatched him off waivers.

bearsfan_51
08-24-2011, 02:09 PM
Ugh...what the **** happened to Jamie Garcia?

Xiomera
08-24-2011, 02:11 PM
Unless one of them dies or needs tommy john, my keepers are pretty clear. It's why I cut Buchholtz, although someone should have given me something for him so Xio wouldn't have snatched him off waivers.

Did you try to trade him?

I'm not keeping him either, but I had that #1 waiver all year and never used it.

Xiomera
08-24-2011, 02:15 PM
You did a great job grabbing assets. I was surprised with how much you got. Nice deal Yoda.

Considering Yoda's 11th and 12th keepers were Yadier Molina and Justin Morneau before the trade, Yoda wins.

I'll be the first to admit it's about 50/50 whether Hanley or Tulo is more productive next season. Top two shortstops in the game. I was just serious about wanting different players to follow next season. I'll have about 6 different keepers than I had two weeks ago, which I love.

Xiomera
08-24-2011, 02:16 PM
It's a better deal for Xio, but I wasn't keeping Markakis next year anyway.

I'm not keeping Markakis either unless one of my hitters suffers a serious injury before the draft.

Markakis is one of those guys who is better in real life than he is for fantasy purposes.

Xiomera
08-24-2011, 02:18 PM
If anyone wants it, I'll trade Markakis, Buchholz and Scherzer for a marginal starting pitching upgrade over Max.

Jughead10
08-24-2011, 02:18 PM
I'm not keeping Markakis either unless one of my hitters suffers a serious injury before the draft.

Markakis is one of those guys who is better in real life than he is for fantasy purposes.

He's not really that good in real life.

Xiomera
08-24-2011, 02:20 PM
He's not really that good in real life.

Defensively he is. Also, he's batting .290, which would make him a more valuable player if we didn't use OBP instead cause he doesn't walk much.

Jughead10
08-24-2011, 02:24 PM
Defensively he is. Also, he's batting .290, which would make him a more valuable player if we didn't use OBP instead cause he doesn't walk much.

Defensively great. If the O's could keep the ball in the park maybe he could catch some. For a corner OF he is a light hitter.

D-Unit
08-24-2011, 02:42 PM
Thank you Joel Hanrahan for the SV and 3 Ks. :)

yodabear
08-24-2011, 02:47 PM
Considering Yoda's 11th and 12th keepers were Yadier Molina and Justin Morneau before the trade, Yoda wins.

I'll be the first to admit it's about 50/50 whether Hanley or Tulo is more productive next season. Top two shortstops in the game. I was just serious about wanting different players to follow next season. I'll have about 6 different keepers than I had two weeks ago, which I love.

I missed Ichiro when I gave u my list, so he would replace Molina. But yeah, that is true.

Xiomera
08-24-2011, 02:49 PM
I missed Ichiro when I gave u my list, so he would replace Molina. But yeah, that is true.

I thought that might have been intentional. He'll need a rebound season to be a better keeper than some of your other guys.

Jughead10
08-24-2011, 02:50 PM
Thank you Joel Hanrahan for the SV and 3 Ks. :)

I'm still going to be the saves champion! I need a moral victory.

D-Unit
08-24-2011, 03:32 PM
I'm still going to be the saves champion! I need a moral victory.
There's no such thing as moral victory.

D-Unit
08-24-2011, 08:32 PM
Most active trade deadline in the history of this league?

D-Unit
08-25-2011, 01:05 PM
Selling:

Ryan Howard
Michael Morse
Asdrubal Cabrera
Victor Martinez

These players are on a cold streak and I can't have that.

D-Unit
08-26-2011, 12:55 PM
Alright. I might as well do this publicly. Justin Verlander is on the block.

Giantsfan1080
08-26-2011, 12:56 PM
Alright. I might as well do this publicly. Justin Verlander is on the block.

Sold!!!!!!

D-Unit
08-26-2011, 01:06 PM
Sold!!!!!!
Yep. To Xiomera.

Xiomera
08-26-2011, 02:07 PM
Yep. To Xiomera.

Huh?

D-Unit
08-26-2011, 02:40 PM
Huh?

Sorry. Brainfart. I meant Brodeur.

djp
08-26-2011, 03:12 PM
I don't know why I added Moore and Miller, not like I'm going to keep them. At least nobody else can keep them now.

1. Felix Hernandez
2. David Price
3. Tommy Hanson
4. Matt Cain
5. Buster Posey
6. Evan Longoria
7. Andrew McCutcheon
8. Dustin Pedroia
9. Dustin Ackley
10. Carlos Quentin

Last 2 spots are between Yunel Escobar, Chris Perez, Fernando Salas, Justin Masterson, Chad Billingsley, Francisco Cordero, and I guess Kuroda and the 2 youngins I just picked up. Going to be an interesting debate with myself this offseason.. I guess the real question is going to be if I will pay attention all the way through next year.. if not, then I'll keep the closers.. if yes, then I'll try to maybe keep one or none and find saves for cheap on the waiver wire. I just lose interest so quickly after about the all star break.

djp
08-26-2011, 03:18 PM
If anyone doesn't have a good catcher to keep, I'll send Miguel Montero and one of my good starters (anyone not named Felix Hernandez) for a nice keeper shortstop or outfielder. I have Buster Posey on the DL so I won't be keeping Montero.

Xiomera
08-26-2011, 04:23 PM
I've got one more trade in me before the deadline, I hope.

Somebody make me an offer. Anyone want Markakis, Buchholz, Scherzer?

Adrian Gonzalez could be had for an equivalent hitter at a different position. 5 HR this week ...

D-Unit
08-29-2011, 06:51 PM
Well trade deadline is past. How ya feelin' BF? Got this wrapped up?

bearsfan_51
08-29-2011, 06:55 PM
No, definitely not wrapped up.

That said, I've had Jose Reyes, Cole Hamels, and Adrian Beltre out for about a month or more, and I'm getting them all back (same can't be said for Buchholz, Anderson, or Baker, unfortunately).

I think those three will give me the production I need to hold on.

D-Unit
08-29-2011, 07:10 PM
No, definitely not wrapped up.

That said, I've had Jose Reyes, Cole Hamels, and Adrian Beltre out for about a month or more, and I'm getting them all back (same can't be said for Buchholz, Anderson, or Baker, unfortunately).

I think those three will give me the production I need to hold on.
Well, I'm gonna give it my best shot to beat you. I haven't been pleased with my play of my guys in the month of August at all. I'll need a good September to pull this off. I've come a lot closer to believing it's possible, but it's still a pretty big challenge to do.

Xiomera
08-29-2011, 10:45 PM
God damn it, Max Scherzer. You're making it very hard to want to keep you next year.

bearsfan_51
08-29-2011, 10:50 PM
I'll trade you for Jamie Garcia. They're basically the same player.

Xiomera
08-29-2011, 10:55 PM
You're right. We can make the trade during the draft. I hate owning Tigers pitchers cause it's doubly bad when I have to watch them struggle through a start.

Giantsfan1080
09-01-2011, 02:26 PM
Lawrie with his 7th HR. .344/.396./.720 since I got him. Terrible trade.

D-Unit
09-01-2011, 02:43 PM
Lawrie with his 7th HR. .344/.396./.720 since I got him. Terrible trade.
Shhhh.... We already got past that. Prospects have terrible fantasy value because they are just full of potential. All hype. No substance. So many of them flop.

Meanwhile, BF added Devin Mesoraco today. ;)

bearsfan_51
09-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Sorry, I can't hear you guys from up here.

Jughead10
09-01-2011, 02:45 PM
Meanwhile, BF added Devin Mesoraco today. ;)

Only because I have Jesus.

bearsfan_51
09-01-2011, 02:45 PM
Because it's impossible to find a decent catcher in a 12 person league.

D-Unit
09-01-2011, 03:22 PM
You could say the same thing about a 2B/3B eligible guy.

My team is stinking btw.

Giantsfan1080
09-01-2011, 03:50 PM

Arencibia has power if you're interested in the offseason.

Xiomera
09-01-2011, 04:52 PM
D, adding a prospect off the free agent list for a tryout is not the same as giving up proven major league, steady producing players in trades.

Your argument is tired.

Xiomera
09-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Arencibia has power if you're interested in the offseason.

You're KEEPING Arencibia?

(Cause that's the only way you could trade him)

bearsfan_51
09-01-2011, 05:33 PM
http://imgur.com/tCp90.gif

D-Unit
09-01-2011, 06:20 PM
D, adding a prospect off the free agent list for a tryout is not the same as giving up proven major league, steady producing players in trades.

Your argument is tired.
Lawrie looks like he's a bust, so you were right in your judgement of him as a player, right about the poor value of prospects general and right about everything else as always.

Xiomera
09-01-2011, 10:48 PM
Lawrie looks like he's a bust, so you were right in your judgement of him as a player, right about the poor value of prospects general and right about everything else as always.

You're still really missing the point here ...

D-Unit
09-02-2011, 04:29 AM
You're still really missing the point here ...
No, I'm not the one relating apples to oranges. Sure BF, only had to drop Stauffer for Mescoraso, but Mescoraso isn't Lawrie. You wanna make statements that bunch all prospects together with the same grade, but I know you know better than that. You just can't stand that GF is happy with his trade, because it makes you look wrong for hating on it in the first place. Can't you be happy for him? Lawrie is legit, and CJ Wilson has also been playing lights out. So much so that the Yankees are probably gonna give him $100M+ and add him to their rotation this offseason.

Giantsfan1080
09-02-2011, 07:51 AM
You're KEEPING Arencibia?

(Cause that's the only way you could trade him)

No I won't be I didn't really think that through.

bearsfan_51
09-02-2011, 11:44 AM
I'm super happy for him.

Giantsfan1080
09-02-2011, 11:50 AM
Haha no one needs to be happy for me. I'll reap the rewards of Lawrie as time goes. Xio just doesn't like my trades because I ripped him a new one real bad on a deal a few years ago and he has bashed me ever since.

Xiomera
09-02-2011, 02:10 PM
No, I'm not the one relating apples to oranges. Sure BF, only had to drop Stauffer for Mescoraso, but Mescoraso isn't Lawrie. You wanna make statements that bunch all prospects together with the same grade, but I know you know better than that. You just can't stand that GF is happy with his trade, because it makes you look wrong for hating on it in the first place. Can't you be happy for him? Lawrie is legit, and CJ Wilson has also been playing lights out. So much so that the Yankees are probably gonna give him $100M+ and add him to their rotation this offseason.

I don't give two shits whether GF is happy with the trade. I'm sticking by my guns. The strategy behind it is still misguided. Why the hell do you guys keep bringing this up anyways?

bearsfan_51
09-10-2011, 09:21 PM
I don't know how you knew, Xio, but Kyle Farnsworth has been ******* terrible since you traded him to me. I don't know if he's had a single save.

Xiomera
09-10-2011, 09:48 PM
I don't know how you knew, Xio, but Kyle Farnsworth has been ******* terrible since you traded him to me. I don't know if he's had a single save.

Has he been bad or the Rays been bad?

Also, does it matter? You gave me Markakis ... haha

bearsfan_51
09-16-2011, 07:28 AM
http://images.fungopher.com/Z/L/m/ZLmPORdqb/Did-I-win-the-medal.jpg

Xiomera
09-16-2011, 12:34 PM
I'm still waiting for mine in the mail from last season.

bearsfan_51
09-24-2011, 11:33 AM
First place in:

-Home Runs
-RBI
-Stolen Bases
-Saves
-ERA
-WHIP

Second place in:
-Runs
-OBP

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/4/7/31e7b3e2-6140-4db0-8c1a-f4c320a5e392.jpg

Xiomera
09-24-2011, 11:39 AM
I finished with 110 points last year. Can you top that? You're currently at 109.5, haha

Xiomera
09-24-2011, 11:48 AM
Love my keepers. Don't get too comfortable with the trophy, BF.

C Alex Avila (#3 at his position this season)
1B Adrian Gonzalez (#3 at 1B, #7 overall)
2B Ben Zobrist (#6 at 2B)
3B Jose Bautista (#1 at 3B, #10 overall)
SS Troy Tulowitzki (#1 at SS)
INF Miguel Cabrera (#13 overall)
OF Jacoby Ellsbury (#2 OF, #3 overall)
OF Justin Upton (#6 OF, #15 overall)

SP Roy Halladay (#5 P, #11 overall)
SP C.C. Sabathia (#13 P)
RP Brian Wilson (9th in saves)
SP Max Scherzer or SP Doug Fister (#19 SP) or Daniel Bard (if he's the closer)

bearsfan_51
09-24-2011, 05:37 PM
Pitching needs work.

Xiomera
09-24-2011, 06:13 PM
Pitching needs work.

I have two Top 10 aces and an elite closer. I'm not too worried with that as my starting point.

It just means I don't have to draft any offense. No big deal.

Giantsfan1080
09-24-2011, 10:24 PM
I have two Top 10 aces and an elite closer. I'm not too worried with that as my starting point.

It just means I don't have to draft any offense. No big deal.

Cocky douche.

Xiomera
09-24-2011, 11:09 PM
Bring It, *****

Giantsfan1080
09-24-2011, 11:18 PM
About time you talk ****.

bearsfan_51
09-25-2011, 10:32 AM
Well, some competition would be nice. I think I made one trade this year. Took the lead on April 17th and lost it for a total of two days.

Jughead10
09-25-2011, 10:36 AM
Well, some competition would be nice. I think I made one trade this year. Took the lead on April 17th and lost it for a total of two days.

Once Jesus is up for a full year, I'll be contending.

bearsfan_51
09-25-2011, 10:49 AM
I'm still not sure who all I'm keeping. The top 10 seems pretty clear:

1) Ryan Braun, OF
2) Robinson Cano, 2B
3) Jose Reyes, SS
4) Dan Haren, SP
5) Cole Hamels, SP
6) Craig Kimbrel, CL
7) Adam Jones, OF
8) Jeremy Hellickson, SP
9) Adrian Beltre, 3B
10) BJ Upton, OF

Mat Latos had a somewhat disappointing season, but he's still pretty obviously keepable.

#12? I dunno. The spot was originally for Brett Anderson, Clay Buchholz or Jamie Garcia. I cut the first two, and Garcia is a question mark. Maybe I'll just keep JJ Putz since closers are so scarce.

Edit: I could put my faith in a young Mark Trumbo as well.

Xiomera
09-25-2011, 11:35 AM

So, you basically did exactly what I did last year (though not by as big of a margin) ... congrats.

bearsfan_51
09-25-2011, 11:42 AM
Hey, thanks.

bearsfan_51
09-25-2011, 11:43 AM
Once Jesus is up for a full year, I'll be contending.
Jesus has been around for, like, 2011 years.

Xiomera
09-25-2011, 12:13 PM

That's inconclusive.

D-Unit
09-26-2011, 06:06 PM
So, you basically did exactly what I did last year (though not by as big of a margin) ... congrats.
That's because I mailed it in last year. BF didn't have that luxury. ;)

It's nice to see someone other than you or I win this for once though. I appreciate the way you won this year BF. Nice job. The chase is always funner than the actual award. Winning is a great feeling, but it doesn't last long.

Xiomera
09-26-2011, 06:29 PM
I mailed it in this year.

D-Unit
09-26-2011, 06:54 PM
I mailed it in this year.
Haha. Nice try... but adding Kevin Gregg yesterday morning and Brett Myers the day before says "I'm still trying". :D

Don't worry Egomera, your reputation in fantasy baseball is still quite impressive.

Xiomera
09-26-2011, 06:56 PM
Umm, no, that's not still me trying to win this year. It's me maximizing the players on my end of season roster.

Jughead10
09-26-2011, 08:32 PM

The real Jesus.

Xiomera
09-26-2011, 08:38 PM
The real Jesus.

You mean, Doug Fister?

bearsfan_51
09-29-2011, 12:27 PM
I finished with 110 points last year. Can you top that? You're currently at 109.5, haha
Yes. 112.

Won by 19 points.

Xiomera
09-29-2011, 12:41 PM
Quite the last day surge. The last day point total was your highest of the year.

The margin wasn't as great as my 26 pt victory last year (110 to Jughead's 84).

Xiomera
09-29-2011, 12:47 PM
I award you this trophy:

http://cdn.quotednews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Laureus.jpg?9d7bd4

D-Unit
09-29-2011, 01:59 PM
Yes. 112.

Won by 19 points.
Congratulations BF! Well played season and you managed to fend off Xio and I.

My days of being in this league are now done, but I have good memories... and a good track record too! :D

bearsfan_51
09-29-2011, 02:43 PM
Hey thanks. Nice trophy.

I'd like to thank the following players for their outstanding achievements.

MVP: Ryan Braun
Cy Young: Cole Hamels and Dan Haren
Rookie of the Year: Craig Kimbrel
Best player acquired in (only) trade: David Ortiz
Best player acquired in FA: Michael Cuddyer, Mark Trumbo, Johnny Damon
Best single category player: Coco Crisp (steals)
Worst player I could never cut: Frank Francisco

djp
02-13-2012, 09:22 PM
my 12 as of now

C Buster Posey
C Miguel Montero
2B Dustin Pedroia
2B/OF Dustin Ackley
3B Evan Longoria
OF Andrew McCutcheon
OF Cameron Maybin
SP Felix Hernandez
SP David Price
SP Matt Cain
SP Matt Moore
SP Tommy Hanson

Xiomera
02-13-2012, 09:41 PM
My 12 as of now:

C Alex Avila
1B Miguel Cabrera
1B Adrian Gonzalez
2B Ben Zobrist
SS Troy Tulowitzki
3B Jose Bautista
OF Jacoby Ellsbury
OF Justin Upton

SP Roy Halladay
SP C.C. Sabathia
RP Brian Wilson
SP Max Scherzer or SP Doug Fister

yodabear
02-13-2012, 09:45 PM
Albert Pujols, Hanley Ramirez (Seriously, I had those 2, how did I finish 11th?), and David Freese will be 3 of my keepers. The only pitcher for sure I have I know for sure is Josh Beckett. So I as a quarter of the way there!

djp
02-14-2012, 01:52 PM
My 12 as of now:

C Alex Avila
1B Miguel Cabrera
1B Adrian Gonzalez
2B Ben Zobrist
SS Troy Tulowitzki
3B Jose Bautista
OF Jacoby Ellsbury
OF Justin Upton

SP Roy Halladay
SP C.C. Sabathia
RP Brian Wilson
SP Max Scherzer or SP Doug Fister

damn you and your ridiculous hitters.

Xiomera
02-14-2012, 03:10 PM
damn you and your ridiculous hitters.

I'll be looking to unload one of them right away for a pitcher.

D-Unit
02-14-2012, 03:56 PM
I'll be looking to unload one of them right away for a pitcher.
Did you send out the invites?

KCJ58
02-14-2012, 03:59 PM
Cant name the 12 off the top of my head but im still intrested in this league

Jughead10
02-14-2012, 04:01 PM
Yeah I can probably name 8 but I want to wait as long as possible. I have a lot of young players I want to see where they stand in ST.

Xiomera
02-14-2012, 04:54 PM
Did you send out the invites?

I thought you left the league? haha

I will make progress on starting the league back up this week.

P.S. D, you're welcome back, but let's try to keep the conflict at a reasonable level this year.

Xiomera
02-14-2012, 04:54 PM
Keepers won't have to be named til shortly before the draft, which should begin in about a month.

D-Unit
02-14-2012, 05:04 PM
I thought you left the league? haha

I will make progress on starting the league back up this week.

P.S. D, you're welcome back, but let's try to keep the conflict at a reasonable level this year.
Time heals. :)

Seriously though, I'm gonna try to not even gonna comment on trades.

Giantsfan1080
02-14-2012, 05:22 PM
Brett Lawrie on Yahoo Big Board #33 and #41 on ESPN. Yeah such a badddddd trade.

Giantsfan1080
02-14-2012, 05:25 PM
And also ahead of Uggla on both.

D-Unit
02-14-2012, 05:40 PM
Brett Lawrie on Yahoo Big Board #33 and #41 on ESPN. Yeah such a badddddd trade.
Let's not start before the season even starts. Xio said to keep the contention to a minimum this year. :)

But yeah, I'm happy the trade worked out well for you. I like when my trades work out for the people I deal with. Keeps you in the loop in the future. :D

Giantsfan1080
02-14-2012, 06:03 PM
It just bothers me how much Xio tried to make it look like I got robbed. Lawrie went on to be great and it sets me up really nice for the future and I told him he would be ranked ahead of Uggla as soon as this year and I was laughed at. Sorry for the run on sentence.

Xiomera
02-14-2012, 09:36 PM
It just bothers me how much Xio tried to make it look like I got robbed. Lawrie went on to be great and it sets me up really nice for the future and I told him he would be ranked ahead of Uggla as soon as this year and I was laughed at. Sorry for the run on sentence.

I still refuse to back down from my opinion of the trade at the time. It only looks like a wash right now from what I recall of it.

Xiomera
02-14-2012, 09:37 PM
In other words, it's a new year. Let's only ***** and moan in the present tense.

bearsfan_51
02-15-2012, 12:11 AM
With Braun suspended, someone else might have a chance this year.

Xiomera
02-15-2012, 12:37 AM

I would have had better than "a chance" even if he weren't suspended.

I think my keepers are the best.

D-Unit
02-15-2012, 12:55 AM
I know my rise from the bottom to the top gave you a scare BF. I did overtake the lead at one point in the end stretch (even if it was short lived). ;)

I was proud of that.

D-Unit
02-15-2012, 12:56 AM
I would have had better than "a chance" even if he weren't suspended.

I think my keepers are the best.
No doubt I think you've got to be the early favorite considering how killer your keepers are.

bearsfan_51
02-15-2012, 01:35 AM
2B- Robinson Cano
SS- Jose Reyes
3B- Adrian Beltre
OF- Adam Jones
OF- B.J. Upton
OF-Ryan Braun
SP-Dan Haren
SP-Mat Latos
SP-Cole Hamels
SP-Jeremy Hellickson
RP-Craig Kimbrel

#12 is a surprise (it's Luke Walton)

Giantsfan1080
02-15-2012, 07:48 AM
I'm going to have a really young team but I think I can definitely finish middle of the pack at worst and try to make a run at it with some shrewd drafting. My lineup should be very good but I'm terrible in the SP department.

djp
02-15-2012, 11:54 AM
I'm going to have a really young team but I think I can definitely finish middle of the pack at worst and try to make a run at it with some shrewd drafting. My lineup should be very good but I'm terrible in the SP department.

We may have to talk trade, I've got a slew of them once again

Giantsfan1080
02-15-2012, 11:59 AM

Sounds good. Once we get our keepers lined up I'll start some discussions.

Xiomera
02-15-2012, 12:06 PM

I'm gonna come calling for a starter too in all likelihood. I think you'll find one or two of my hitters of interest ...

Xiomera
02-15-2012, 12:06 PM
Is there anyone among you that is NOT interested in returning this season?

I think I've heard from most of you lately to say you'll return ...

D-Unit
02-15-2012, 12:31 PM
I'm gonna come calling for a starter too in all likelihood. I think you'll find one or two of my hitters of interest ...
I'm not too thrilled with my hitters but Justin Verlander and Tim Lincecum say, "Hi!" ^_^

Xiomera
02-15-2012, 01:00 PM
I'm not too thrilled with my hitters but Justin Verlander and Tim Lincecum say, "Hi!" ^_^

I'll trade for one of them. You need my hitting.

MaxV
02-15-2012, 01:06 PM
I'm going to try to be more aggressive with trades and/or waivers this time around.

D-Unit
02-15-2012, 01:10 PM
I'm going to try to be more aggressive with trades and/or waivers this time around.
You can't. It's not in your nature. When it comes down to pulling the trigger, you'll revert to your same self. But that's ok because some people like finishing in the 5th. ^_^

Trash talk is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack. lol.

bearsfan_51
02-15-2012, 01:15 PM
I won last year and only made one trade. Then again, the trade was me giving D a pile of crap for David Ortiz, so I didn't need to make anymore.

http://img4.memecenter.com/uploaded/Deal-With-It_d19c856d1ac10c40e4b9c5b31b1b43e0.jpg

Xiomera
02-15-2012, 01:17 PM
There will be one opening in this league. HChu will not be returning unless he convinces me he's committed. I see his activity on the forums is sporadic at best, which I consider essential for re-entry to the league this year.

bearsfan_51
02-15-2012, 01:17 PM
We need to replace Hchu with another asian. Every league needs an asian (pacific islanders don't count)

Jughead10
02-15-2012, 01:18 PM
We need to replace Hchu with another asian. Every league needs an asian (pacific islanders don't count)

You think we can get Linsanity?

bearsfan_51
02-15-2012, 01:19 PM
I'm already sick of that guy.

Xiomera
02-15-2012, 01:23 PM

Yoda's affinity for Asians is probably enough. Besides, it seems a tad racist to go looking for one. Unless we can get AQ back here ...

I'm already extended an invite to my top candidate.

Xiomera
02-15-2012, 01:24 PM
I re-activated the league and I think I sent out invites to the email address you use for Yahoo Fantasy Sports. Someone take a look for me please to confirm.

Jughead10
02-15-2012, 01:25 PM
I re-activated the league and I think I sent out invites to the email address you use for Yahoo Fantasy Sports. Someone take a look for me please to confirm.

Already signed up. First one in besides the commish. Championship!

D-Unit
02-15-2012, 01:27 PM
I won last year and only made one trade. Then again, the trade was me giving D a pile of crap for David Ortiz, so I didn't need to make anymore.

http://img4.memecenter.com/uploaded/Deal-With-It_d19c856d1ac10c40e4b9c5b31b1b43e0.jpg
I didn't like my Utility spot being taken up by Ortiz everyday, but yes, I did get a pile of crap in return. I make a lot of trades that make other people happy. I regret trading Matt Kemp. But I'm never afraid of accepting risk in trades.

bearsfan_51
02-15-2012, 01:28 PM
I'm just kidding D. You're my fav.

Xiomera
02-15-2012, 01:30 PM
We need to discuss whether any rule changes are necessary for this season.

I'm opening the floor to discussion.

D-Unit
02-15-2012, 01:35 PM
We need to discuss whether any rule changes are necessary for this season.

I'm opening the floor to discussion.
Get rid of the voting on trades.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-cjwEi3DmBu8/TxdiHA6BvqI/AAAAAAAAChs/Cqfg6VDDVZA/s1600/braveheart_freedom.jpeg

Xiomera
02-15-2012, 01:36 PM
Get rid of the voting on trades.

That will remain.

Anything else?

D-Unit
02-15-2012, 02:33 PM
That will remain.

Anything else?
Yeah. Don't complain, go in an uproar, seek justification, hold grudges or call people out when your trades get rejected.

yodabear
02-15-2012, 02:36 PM
Yoda's affinity for Asians is probably enough. Besides, it seems a tad racist to go looking for one. Unless we can get AQ back here ...

Jeremy Lin is gonna go 2nd in the draft, so if u want him, u better take him 1st.

Xiomera
02-15-2012, 02:38 PM
Yeah. Don't complain, go in an uproar, seek justification, hold grudges or call people out when your trades get rejected.

Do you want in this league or not? There is nothing wrong with league discussion. I alone do not overturn trades and I alone am not guilty of "holding grudges." You know what you're signing up for. All of that comes with the territory of Fantasy Sports.

Jughead10
02-15-2012, 02:40 PM
I will be rejecting every trade proposed. Warning everyone now. DRAFT CAREFULLY!!!!!

D-Unit
02-15-2012, 02:43 PM
Do you want in this league or not? There is nothing wrong with league discussion. I alone do not overturn trades and I alone am not guilty of "holding grudges." You know what you're signing up for. All of that comes with the territory of Fantasy Sports.
I want in this league, I just don't wanna put up with your infamous outbursts. Can we keep those at a minimum please?

bearsfan_51
02-15-2012, 03:14 PM
Voting on trades is absolutely necessary so long as Yoda is in this league.

Just kidding.

Sort of.

D-Unit
02-15-2012, 03:20 PM
Voting on trades is absolutely necessary so long as Yoda is in this league.

Just kidding.

Sort of.
Heyyyyy Yooooooddaaaa....

Get your PM box ready. I'm about to ravage it like Valentine's night.

yodabear
02-15-2012, 03:58 PM
Why all the hate bro?

Xiomera
02-15-2012, 04:02 PM
I want in this league, I just don't wanna put up with your infamous outbursts. Can we keep those at a minimum please?

It's a two-way street, chief. Better make that request of yourself too.

D-Unit
02-15-2012, 05:00 PM
It's a two-way street, chief. Better make that request of yourself too.
Bank on it.

yodabear
02-16-2012, 12:19 AM
And don't hate on my trade practices at the end of last year. I was tanking for Yu. And failed at that. COREY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Xiomera
02-16-2012, 12:45 AM
And don't hate on my trade practices at the end of last year. I was tanking for Yu. And failed at that. COREY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

I bet Corey takes Cespedes. Yu is safe.

yodabear
02-16-2012, 12:50 AM
I bet Corey takes Cespedes. Yu is safe.

YES!!!!! And BTW, that was an obvious joke. My last trade I made was in August. was prolly the best trade I've pulled off for myself and actually prolly made my team better and it was with u. I think I got 3 players for 1.

Xiomera
02-16-2012, 12:53 AM
YES!!!!! And BTW, that was an obvious joke. My last trade I made was in August. was prolly the best trade I've pulled off for myself and actually prolly made my team better and it was with u. I think I got 3 players for 1.

Well yeah. I gave you a ton for what's looking like a marginal upgrade at shortstop. (Though Hanley moves to 3B, which was unforeseen at the time.) But that was the point. I had depth to give you more than Tulo's worth.

Xiomera
02-18-2012, 04:23 PM
Yahoo allows you to select your keepers right on their site this year. Go ahead and do it whenever you're ready.

Draft will be offline again, as you know.

Xiomera
02-19-2012, 12:34 AM
Yo123 is taking over for HChu.

Welcome him to the league.

bearsfan_51
02-19-2012, 12:15 PM
Yo123 is taking over for HChu.

Welcome him to the league.
http://allthingsapa.com/Images/newhaven.jpg

Xiomera
02-19-2012, 12:22 PM
http://allthingsapa.com/Images/newhaven.jpg

A certain asian declined my Linvite. Oh well.

Xiomera
02-19-2012, 12:22 PM
I need KCJ to sign up still .... he hasn't been on the forums in 3 days. Hope he's less prone to long absences than last year ...

yo123
02-19-2012, 12:55 PM
I'll do my best to be a linprovement over the asian.

I know that didn't work perfectly **** you.

Xiomera
02-20-2012, 02:58 PM
How did you guys feel about the number of bench slots last year (8)?

What about DL slots (3)?

Those are the only roster adjustments we can really consider.

bearsfan_51
02-20-2012, 03:23 PM
I'm always in favor of lowering bench spots. Don't like hoarding talent.

Xiomera
02-20-2012, 03:26 PM
I'm always in favor of lowering bench spots. Don't like hoarding talent.

It's a dynasty league. That's kind of the way it goes. Bench spots probably stay.

Any thoughts on DL? I know there were a couple of you who got burned by having like 6 guys on the DL at one point.

Jughead10
02-20-2012, 03:33 PM
It's a dynasty league. That's kind of the way it goes. Bench spots probably stay.

Any thoughts on DL? I know there were a couple of you who got burned by having like 6 guys on the DL at one point.

I'm fine with the DL. Having that many guys on the DL is a freak thing. Plus we have so many bench spots it should be fairly easy to start a team with 3 DL spots.

yodabear
02-20-2012, 03:49 PM
Fine with bench spots. If anything I think we could perhaps lower it to 2 for DL. I like the strategery the lower the number of DLs. U have 3 or 4 guys hurt but he is a guy that could help ur team do u keep him or do u get rid of him and risk some1 else getting him. I like the strategery it brings and tough touckas if u have that many people injured.

Xiomera
02-20-2012, 03:59 PM
Fine with bench spots. If anything I think we could perhaps lower it to 2 for DL. I like the strategery the lower the number of DLs. U have 3 or 4 guys hurt but he is a guy that could help ur team do u keep him or do u get rid of him and risk some1 else getting him. I like the strategery it brings and tough touckas if u have that many people injured.

Dinken Flicka

yodabear
02-20-2012, 09:05 PM
Dinken Flicka

Oooooh I love it when u talk foreign languages to me!

yo123
02-20-2012, 09:20 PM
Not that I care one way or the other, but I just thought that it was amusing that you asked if everyone was ok with with the bench spots only to shoot down bf when he said he wasn't.

yodabear
02-20-2012, 09:25 PM
Not that I care one way or the other, but I just thought that it was amusing that you asked if everyone was ok with with the bench spots only to shoot down bf when he said he wasn't.

Ooooooh look at the noob!!!!!!

yo123
02-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Shut up Yoda I said I didn't care!

yodabear
02-20-2012, 09:28 PM
Shut up Yoda I said I didn't care!

We don't take well to yer' kind around here.

Just jerking ur chain. Good luck this year new padawan....

yo123
02-20-2012, 09:34 PM
I'll jerk your chain.

bearsfan_51
02-20-2012, 10:17 PM
Then why did you ask?

Xiomera
02-20-2012, 11:10 PM
Then why did you ask?

If there was overwhelming support of lowering it, then it'd be under serious consideration. I already knew what your answer would be because you've said it before.

Xiomera
02-20-2012, 11:10 PM
Oooooh I love it when u talk foreign languages to me!

I know it drives you wild.

D-Unit
02-20-2012, 11:16 PM
I always think I need more bench spots. Just to hoard talent.

Xiomera
02-20-2012, 11:28 PM
I always think I need more bench spots. Just to hoard talent.

Me too. Less bench spots means the less attentive owners are let off the hook.

bearsfan_51
02-21-2012, 12:27 AM
This should be like Kings. I win so I get to make a rule.