PDA

View Full Version : Yet another mock. 3 rounds.

Razor
02-19-2011, 07:46 AM
Draft trade value chart: http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php
Only a few trades in this mock, mostly by the Patriots since they usually trade a lot and I have a better feel for them than other teams. I left out a few trades that I had in mind (for example Houston moving up to get Rahim Moore) because I couldn't get the trade details right.
As usual constructive criticism is more than welcome. This means that if you don't like the pick for your team you give me a rational reason why it's a bad pick and maybe even an alternative.

Without further ado...

First Round

1.) Carolina Panthers – AJ Green. WR, Georgia
With Luck staying in school the Panthers are left with the first pick and no obvious choice. Both Cam Newton and Blaine Gabbert have way too many flaws to be the pick here, so the Panthers get to see what Jimmy Clausen can do in his second year. Green is the best player in this draft and giving Clausen a weapon might help him a lot in his second year. With a solid running game the Panthers look like a solid choice for this year’s worst to first team. This class is deeper at DT than pretty much any other position, so they can get a DT in the third. If they do decide to go DT here Marcel Dareus, not Nick Fairley, would be the pick.

2.) Denver Broncos – Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
Despite Elway’s latest comments I find it hard to believe that the Broncos are going to pay Bailey, who’s going to be 33 when the season starts, what he wants. Even if they are able to keep Bailey around he’s still getting older and Patrick Peterson could be the new Champ Bailey. I am really impressed with how fluid his hips are considering his size. Great size/speed prospect that can contribute on all four downs (as Bill Belichick would’ve put it).

3.) Buffalo Bills – Marcel Dareus, DE, Alabama
The Bills draft the best player available, which means that they’re not going to draft Newton or Gabbert here even though Newton looks like the perfect fit in Chan Gailey’s offense. I also expect the Bills to go after Vince Young this offseason. The Bills actually have some pretty good players on the DL, but none of them have the talent that Dareus have. Dareus was extremely disruptive last season, consistently in the opponents’ backfields making plays. He’s very athletic for a guy his size and should command double teams on every play in the NFL.

4.) Cincinnati Bengals – Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
This is a difficult selection. Carson Palmer wants out, so maybe they’ll go QB here. But there aren’t really any QBs who have any value here and they have Dan LeFevour who was a favorite sleeper prior to last year’s draft. They could also select a pass rusher to try and improve on their pitiful pass rush. But then there’s Carlos Dunlap, who emerged in the second half of the season, and Odom who’s a good player when he’s healthy. The problem is just, that he’s never healthy more than a few games at the time. They also have Michael Johnson at DE who has unlimited potential. Nick Fairley could also be a possibility despite his issues on and off the field (it’s the Bengals, they don’t care about that stuff). But they have a pretty good group at DT with Peko, Atkins and Sims. In the end I settled on Julio Jones. The Bengals have a lot of talent on defense they just underperformed last season. They need weapons on offense though, and with AJ Green off the board JJ is the second of the great WR prospects. With TO and Ochocinco on the way out they need a new top receiver. Jones is a very, very good prospect who’s not as far behind AJ Green as many people think.

5.) Arizona Cardinals – Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M
I’m on the Von Miller bandwagon, I admit. The Cardinals have no pass rush from the OLBs, and both are old and there isn’t much behind them on the depth chart aside from O’Brien Schofield, who should develop into a nice pass rusher. Miller’s explosiveness off the snap gets him into the backfield before plays can develop which will take some of the pressure off the defensive backfield where they could also need an upgrade over Greg Toler. They could also opt to reach for a QB like Gabbert here, but keeping Fitzgerald happy is a priority so they’ll probably bring in a veteran QB. And with no offensive lineman worthy of this pick Von Miller looks like the best pick here.

6.) Cleveland Browns – Da’Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
The Browns could also take Nick Fairley here to pair up with Rubin and solidify the middle of the DL. However, they don’t have anybody to rush the passer from the defensive end position. Bowers really emerged last season and even though he only had one year where he dominated he’s solidified himself as a top ten player. He has great closing speed to the QB, he’s very good against the run and most importantly, he has a great mindset and continuously strives to get better. With great size and athleticism he looks the part of a 4-3 RDE.

7.) San Francisco 49ers – Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
The 49ers could certainly stand to upgrade their pass rush. They have lots of talent at OLB, but they don’t get a lot of production out of it. Part of the reason could be their below average starting corner backs. Amukamara would be an immediate starter and upgrade at CB where he would bring a physical element to the defensive backfield. I don’t buy into the talk saying that Amukamara is a safety in the NFL, but to me he looks the part of a very good starting CB in the NFL.

8.) Tennessee Titans – Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
I know that Blaine Gabbert is starting to be a consensus pick for the Titans, but this makes a lot of sense. When Fat Al left he left a huge hole in the middle of that defense that hasn’t been filled. The Titans ranked 20th against the run and 29th against the pass last season. Fairley should be able to help the Titans improve in both areas since he is a disruptive pass rusher who quickly gets into the backfield and a force against the run. If the Titans are willing to overlook the question marks about his issues off the field and accept the fact, that Fairley will get called for some dumb penalties they could get the new Albert Haynesworth for that defense. With Chris Johnson at RB they could do with a caretaker at QB for the season and wait until next year to draft their franchise QB.

9.) *TRADE* New England Patriots f/Dallas Cowboys – Robert Quinn, OLB, North Carolina
Trade details: NE gets #9, Dallas receives #17, #74 and Brandon Meriweather

It’s not secret that the Patriots needs to upgrade their pass rush, and with six picks in the first three rounds Bill Belichick has the ammo to move up and get a difference maker. Quinn is probably the third best player in the draft regardless of position, but his suspension will probably make him fall a bit on draft day with the focus on character these days in the NFL. This doesn’t look like a typical Bill Belichick move, but he has in the past brought in players with character concerns and relied on a strong locker room to keep these players on the right track and mold them into Patriots. If BB deems his locker room strong enough to handle this type of person I don’t see why he wouldn’t move up to get the one of the most explosive pass rusher in the draft. Quinn is a physical freak at 6’5” 270 lbs, which is exactly what BB is looking for in the ideal 3-4 OLB. Quinn needs to add some strength to be able to set the edge, but that shouldn’t be a problem for him. ROLB is a huge need for the Patriots, Quinn is the perfect solution. Aldon Smith could also be an option here as he has the same upside as Quinn and a lot of traits that BB values. I also don’t expect Quinn to be available this late after he blows up the Scouting Combine, but until then this looks plausible imo.

10.) Washington Redskins – Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
Donovan McNabb looks like he’s done in Washington and I can’t imagine Mike Shanahan relying on Rex Grossman to carry the franchise. While Gabbert does have a lot of question marks he also has spectacular upside. He’s big, has a strong arm and is capable of making every throw. He’s also more mobile than you’d expect from a 6’5” 235 lbs QB and makes nice throws on the run as well. He didn’t take a lot of snaps from under center, but with good coaching and time I could see him developing into a franchise QB.

11.) Houston Texans – Aldon Smith, OLB, Missouri
With the Texans moving to the 3-4 and Mario Williams moving to 5-tech they need a pass rushing OLB. They could also opt to reach for a corner back here, but I find that unlikely. Cam Jordan is also a possibility, but since they already have Mario Williams playing RDE they could/should look for an OLB. Smith has the athleticism to play OLB along with great size (6’5” 270 lbs), a good motor and he’s supposedly a bright kid, which should help him transitioning from DE to OLB.

12.) Minnesota Vikings – Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
It looks like QB is the only rational pick for the Vikings. They have nothing at the position at all, and the best approach might be to bring in a veteran QB. I’m not a fan of Newton by any means, but I can’t look past his talent either. He needs time to develop and good coaching, but if he’s given a year or two he might be able to develop into a fine QB. This is a long-term plan for the Vikings and they still need a veteran QB, but without a future franchise QB this franchise is going nowhere near the Super Bowl.

13.) *TRADE* Tampa Bay Buccaneers f/Detroit Lions – Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
Trade details: Tampa Bay gets #13 + #75, Lions receive #20 + #51 + 2012 fourth round pick

The defensive ends were going a lot faster than the Bucs liked, which is why they traded up to get Kerrigan who is the last of the top tier defensive ends in this draft. They need talent at DE and Kerrigan is just what the Bucs are looking for in a player. Tough, hard working with a non-stop motor and a leader. He’s an underrated athlete who comes up big when he needs to. He has lots of experience and has the stats to back being selected this high. Should be a force on the Tampe Bay DL along with Stylez G. White who moves to RDE where he’s better suited and McCoy and Price in the middle.

14.) St. Louis Rams – Cam Jordan, DE, Cal
Tough luck for the Rams with Kerrigan going just before they pick. Instead they pick Jordan who gives Spags another, more talented version of Justin Tuck to work with. Jordan projects to LDE in the 4-3 with the ability to move inside to tackle on passing downs. After his showing in the Senior Bowl he could easily be off the board by now. Another possibility for the Rams could be Akeem Ayers who would bring size, athleticism and playmaking ability to their linebacker group.

15.) Miami Dolphins – Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
This wasn’t as easy a choice as one might think. There are a lot of good players left on the board, but in the end the need for a young RB was just to great to overlook. Ronnie Brown is a free agent and prone to injuries. Ricky Williams slowed down last season and looked like he’s just about done. Ingram isn’t a rare talent by any means, but he has a nice overall skill set. He has great burst, vision and lateral mobility, but his long speed is merely average. He catches the ball nicely out of the backfield and has the ability to both make defenders miss and break tackles. Not an elite talent based on physical skills, but his overall skill set makes him an elite player at the position. You could also argue that Jake Locker would be a good pick here, but the way I see it is that Sparano is in a win now situation. A young, talented RB gives him a better chance of winning in the short term than a rookie QB who is prone to throwing dumb interceptions.

16.) Jacksonville Jaguars – Jake Locker, QB, Washington
I just ripped Locker a new one, but you can’t deny his talent. With the Jaguars he will have a great running game, young, talented tackles to protect him and a veteran QB to learn from. Garrard is 33 years old and has never showed that he is a consistent player. Locker could develop into a franchise QB, but there are a lot of question marks about his game. Clayborn is another possibility for the Jags, but like Scott always says: If you don’t have a franchise QB and you get the opportunity to get one you take it.

17.) Dallas Cowboys f/New England Patriots via Oakland Raiders – Brandon Harris, CB, Miami (Fl.)
With Peterson and Amukamara off the board the Cowboys traded down to a spot where they could get value for their pick. This might still be a bit too high for Harris, but still not enough to deter the Cowboys. Harris had a great year until Michael Floyd abused him in their bowl game. He should test well at the Combine. With Terrence Newman getting old and underperforming they Cowboys need a replacement.

18.) San Diego Chargers – JJ Watt, DE, Wisconsin
The Chargers might be the only teams without a clear-cut top need, since they have a lot of talented players pretty much everywhere. One position that could use an upgrade would be defensive end, where Jacques Cesaire isn’t playing his best football. Watt is by some regarded as the best 5-tech prospect in the draft and he sure fits the bill from a physical standpoint. He is also a clutch player and has the ability to take over the line of scrimmage. On top of everything he also looks like a good fit in San Diego’s aggressive 3-4 defense.

19.) New York Giants – Tyron Smith, OT, USC
There aren’t a lot of holes on the Giants roster, but one position that could be upgraded is LT. David Diehl didn’t have a good year and while that doesn’t necessarily means he’s done, he can be upgraded. Smith should show up to the Combine measuring in at about 6’5” ~295 lbs which should remove some of the doubt about him being able to hold up against DEs in the NFL. Tremendous upside as well.

20.) Detroit Lions f/Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
I was going back and forth between Solder and Costanzo here, but in the end Solder’s upside was just to big to pass on. Backus had a pretty good year at LT despite allowing Julius Peppers to annihilate Stafford in their first meeting. But he will turn 34 in September so he’s nearing the end of his career. Solder has unlimited potential and with proper coaching he could turn into a fantastic left tackle. I’m not convinced that he is capable of putting it all together, but I can’t ignore his upside either.

21.) Kansas City Chiefs – Justin Houston, OLB, Georgia
Even with Tamba Hali tagged they still need a pass rusher opposite him (and maybe an eventual replacement since Hali will ask for a big contract which I’m not sure if Pioli is going to give him). There are some rumbling that Houston is better suited as a 4-3 RDE because he has stiff hips and doesn’t play well in space. I am, however, a believer in his abilities to play 3-4 OLB. He played very well last season where he was constantly in the backfield making plays. He needs to develop more pass rush moves and improve his coverage skills, but I have no doubt that he can take over from Vrabel and be a factor in the NFL. A nose tackle or a receiver would also make sense for the Chiefs here, but unless Phil Taylor has a workout for the ages this is still too high for him. Not sold on any of the other receivers and none of them have value here either. A dark horse for this pick could be Mike Pouncey who with a good Scouting Combine and private workout could be the pick to replace Casey Wiegmann.

22.) Indianapolis Colts – Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
This is probably too high for Carimi, but I think the Colts would take Carimi over Costanzo since he is a much more powerful blocker, especially in the running game where the Colts could really need some help. I was this close to giving the Colts Corey Liuget, but changed the pick since this draft is so deep at DT. The Colts’ running game was ranked 29th last season, and it wasn’t because they didn’t try running it. This pick would also give Manning better protection. Even though he didn’t get sacked much last season that wasn’t because of the offensive line, but because of Mannings ability to quickly deliver the ball or simply throw it away (and on the sacks he actually did take he showed less toughness than a 10-year old kid being kicked in the nuts).

23.) Philadelphia Eagles – Aaron Williams, CB, Texas
Williams was a potential top 15 pick going into the season, but after seeing the entire Texas defense under perform in 2010 his stock seems to have dropped to a unreasonable level. He’s imo still very much a first round player who like every other corner going into the draft needs to work on his technique. He has a nice skill set and good size. He’s more quick than fast, but still faster than you’d think. The Eagles need help at CB where they have an overrated Asante Samuel and a bunch of jags.

24.) New Orleans Saints – Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
The Saints only managed to register 33 sacks last season, which just isn’t going to cut it if you want to be a contender. Clayborn is another prospect that was highly regarded going into the season, but he didn’t live up to the expectations. He is, however, still a good prospect and is and ideal 4-3 LDE. He should be a good fit opposite Will Smith at RDE, and between the two of them they should be able to generate some pressure.

25.) Seattle Seahawks – Ryan Mallet, QB, Arkansas
I think it’s pretty clear at this point that Whitehurst isn’t the answer at QB. Hasselbeck is a free agent, but the wise thing to do would be to retain his services for a year or two while grooming Mallet. Mallet has everything you look for in a franchise QB, but unfortunately there are also rumors that he isn’t a true leader as well as there are rumors about him doing drugs. I don’t know what to believe at this point, but until we know how his interviews at the Scouting Combine went this is probably as high as he is going to go.

26.) Baltimore Ravens – Anthony Costanzo, OT, Boston College
I really doubt that Jared Gaither is going to be back in a Ravens uniform next season. This leaves a hole at RT assuming that the Ravens keep Oher at LT. Costanzo has the frame to bulk up and received good coaching at BC. He should be a pretty secure pick in the late first. He’s also a senior and a four-year starter, which is something that Ozzie Newsome looks at when selecting players.

27.) Atlanta Falcons – Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame
Matt Ryan could need another weapon on that offense, and with no receiver of value here they pick Gonzo’s successor. Rudolph has some injury concerns, but if his health checks out at the Combine he could go even higher than this.

28.) New England Patriots – Muhammad Wilkerson, DE, Temple
Most people would probably take Cam Heyward in this scenario, but I feel like Wilkerson is a more natural 5-tech and a better fit in the system Belichick runs. He needs to add strength and learn to two-gap, but he has all the tools to be a very successful 5-tech.

29.) Chicago Bears – Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi St.
Once again I want to remind everybody of the number fifty-two, which is the number of times Jay Cutler was sacked in 2010. They need help at every position on the offensive line, but I’m not willing to rule out a defensive tackle here either. Local kid Corey Liuget is the natural choice if they choose to go DT instead of OL.

30.) New York Jets – Corey Liuget, DE, Illinois
For a successful team the Jets have more holes on their roster than you would think. They have lots of pending free agents and not enough cap space (assuming that there will be a cap under a new CBA) to keep everybody around. Sedrick Ellis is going to be 34 years old when next season starts and Mike DeVito isn’t really starting material. Liuget would be a good fit in Ryan’s aggressive 3-4 scheme where he would be able to utilize his ability to get penetration and make plays in the backfield.

31.) Pittsburgh Steelers – Mike Pouncey, OG, Florida
The Steelers could use an upgrade over Foster at right guard. Pouncey looks like the obvious choice. Enough have been said already about this pick, so I won’t go on about it. Jimmy Smith could also be a possibility here.

32.) Green Bay Packers – Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
Not a lot of holes to fill with the Super Bowl Champions, so instead they opt to prepare the CB position for the day where Woodson retires. They already have Sam Shields playing really well, but in a passing league you can’t have too many talented CBs. Had there been a pass rusher with value that would have been a natural choice. I also considered Danny Watkins here, but his age is an issue to me.

Round Two

33.) New England Patriots f/Carolina Panthers – Marcus Gilbert, OT, Florida

34.) Buffalo Bills – Danny Watkins, OG, Baylor

35.) Cincinnati Bengals – Ben Ijalana, OT/OG, Villanova

36.) Denver Broncos – Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon St.

37.) Cleveland Browns – Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland

38.) Arizona Cardinals – Marcus Cannon, OG/OT, TCU

39.) Tennessee Titans – Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA

40.) Dallas Cowboys – Rahim Moore, S, UCLA

41.) Washington Redskins – Cam Heyward, DE, Ohio St.

42.) Houston Texans – Phil Taylor, Baylor

43.) Minnesota Vikings – Jarvis Jenkins, DT, Clemson

44.) Detroit Lions – Mason Foster, OLB, Washington

45.) San Francisco 49ers – Brooks Reed, OLB, Arizona

46.) Denver Broncos f/ Miami – Mikel Leshoure, RB, Illinois

47.) St. Louis Rams – Drake Nevis, DT, LSU

48.) Oakland Raiders – Stefen Wisniewski, OC/OG, Penn State

49.) Jacksonville Jaguars – Greg Romeus, DE, Pitt

50.) San Diego Chargers – Martez Wilson, ILB, Illinois

51.) Detroit Lions f/Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Curtis Brown, CB, Texas

52.) New York Giants – Christian Ballard, DT, Iowa

53.) Indianapolis Colts – Ras-I Dowling, CB/S, Virginia

54.) Philadelphia Eagles – Orlando Franklin, OT, Miami (Fl.)

55.) Kansas City Chiefs – Jon Baldwin, WR, Pitt

56.) New Orleans Saints – Ryan Williams, RB, Virginia Tech

57.) *TRADE* New England Patriots f/Seattle Seahawks – Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami (Fl.)
Trade details: NE gets #57, SEA receives #60 + #124

58.) Baltimore Ravens – Jabaal Sheard, OLB, Pitt

59.) Atlanta Falcons – Jeremy Beal, DE, Oklahoma

60.) Seattle Seahawks f/New England Patriots – Rodney Hudson, OG/OC, Florida State

61.) San Diego Chargers f/NYJ – Lance Kendricks, TE, Wisconsin

62.) Chicago Bears – Titus Young, WR, Boise State

63.) Pittsburgh Steelers – Brandon Burton, CB, Utah

64.) Green Bay Packers – Clint Boling, OT/OG, Georgia

Round Three

65.) Carolina Panthers – Marvin Austin, DT, North Carolina

66.) Cincinnati Bengals – Kendall Hunter, RB, Oklahoma State

67.) Denver Broncos – Ahmad Black, S, Florida

68.) Buffalo Bills – Luke Stocker, TE, Tennessee

69.) Arizona Cardinals – Johnny Patrick, CB, Louisville

70.) Cleveland Browns – DeMarcus Love, OT/OG, Arkansas

71.) Dallas Cowboys – Will Rackley, OG, Lehigh

72.) New Orleans Saints f/Washington Redskins – Bruce Carter, OLB, North Carolina

73.) Houston Texans – Davon House, CB, New Mexico St.

74.) Dallas Cowboys f/New England Patriots via Minnesota Vikings – Kendrick Ellis, NT, Hampton

75.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers f/Detroit Lions – Greg Jones, LB, Michigan State

76.) San Francisco 49ers – Christian Ponder, QB, Florida State

77.) Tennessee Titans – Jerrell Jernigan, WR, Troy

78,) St. Louis Rams – Randall Cobb, WR, Kentucky

79.) Miami Dolphins – Ricky Stanzi, QB, Iowa

80.) Jacksonville Jaguars – Edmund Gates, WR, Abilene Christian

81.) Oakland Raiders – Kris O’Dowd, OC, USC

82.) San Diego Chargers – Demarco Murray, RB, Oklahoma

83.) New York Giants – Jalil Brown, CB, Colorado

84.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Deunta Williams, S, North Carolina

85.) Philadelphia Eagles – DJ Williams, TE, Arkansas

86.) Kansas City Chiefs –Jerrell Powe, NT, Ole Miss

87.) Indianapolis Colts – Jurrell Casey, DT, USC

88.) New Orleans Saints – DeAndre McDaniel, S, Clemson

89.) San Diego Chargers – James Carpenter, OG/OT, Alabama

90.) Baltimore Ravens – Curtis Marsh, CB, Utah St.

91.) Atlanta Falcons – Jason Pinkston, OT/OG, Pitt

92.) New England Patriots – Brandon Fusco, C, Slippery Rock

93.) Chicago Bears – John Moffitt, OG, Wisconsin

94.) New York Jets – Steven Friday, OLB, Virginia Tech

95.) Pittsburgh Steelers – Quan Sturdivant, ILB, North Carolina

96.) Green Bay Packers – Lee Ziemba, OT/OG, Auburn

hawkeye123
02-19-2011, 08:12 AM
Awesome niners mock!

Matthew Jones
02-19-2011, 08:26 AM
Way too early for Fusco and Gilbert. I think based on who's left at #33 the Patriots would strongly consider Watkins, and I know they've also looked at Ijalana. Rahim Moore would be a good guess too based on the way this mock turned out (Patriots trading Meriweather.) LeShoure and Wisniewski would also be considered there. I'd replace Fusco with Moffitt, he seems to be the kind of guy that Dante Scarnecchia loves.

Razor
02-19-2011, 08:32 AM
Way too early for Fusco and Gilbert. I think based on who's left at #33 the Patriots would strongly consider Watkins, and I know they've also looked at Ijalana. Rahim Moore would be a good guess too based on the way this mock turned out (Patriots trading Meriweather.) LeShoure and Wisniewski would also be considered there. I'd replace Fusco with Moffitt, he seems to be the kind of guy that Dante Scarnecchia loves.

I disagree about Gilbert, I could easily see him going in the first when all is said and done. Fusco is a reach, but he's also a good fit, which is something BB has proven that he is willing to reach for. I did consider Rahim Moore for us, but I like Gilbert better and OT is a bigger need with Chung, Sanders, McGowan and Page still around. I don't think Moffitt is a fit in our blocking system which is why I didn't pick him. Wisniewski's stock is falling right now I think, so I couldn't justify taking him at #33. I also don't think we'll end up making a pick at #33, since I fully expect BB to trade out of that spot.

DiG
02-19-2011, 08:39 AM
newton over gabbert no question. love heyward in the 2nd.

MaybeDavis
02-19-2011, 09:14 AM
Awesome niners mock!AWWWEEE... wait for it.... SOME!!! Maybe the best Mock I've ever seen so far for the Niners...

farfromforgotten
02-19-2011, 09:52 AM
I agree with my fellow Niner fans. Sweet mock!

thenewfeature06
02-19-2011, 10:00 AM
Pretty good Raiders mock.

RufusMcDaniel
02-19-2011, 10:02 AM
Draft trade value chart:
8.) Tennessee Titans – Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
I know that Blaine Gabbert is starting to be a consensus pick for the Titans, but this makes a lot of sense. When Fat Al left he left a huge hole in the middle of that defense that hasn’t been filled. The Titans ranked 20th against the run and 29th against the pass last season. Fairley should be able to help the Titans improve in both areas since he is a disruptive pass rusher who quickly gets into the backfield and a force against the run. If the Titans are willing to overlook the question marks about his issues off the field and accept the fact, that Fairley will get called for some dumb penalties they could get the new Albert Haynesworth for that defense. With Chris Johnson at RB they could do with a caretaker at QB for the season and wait until next year to draft their franchise QB.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/483785/cc-excited-o.gif

39.) Tennessee Titans – Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA

http://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1171381/lesbians-get-over-excited-o.gif

77.) Tennessee Titans – Jerrell Jernigan, WR, Troy

http://cdn.best.complex.com/assets/images/lists/hip-hop-gifs/39-Jay-Z-Ehhh.gif

I like Jernigan, but we don't have a huge need for a WR. One of the following would be better.

79.) Miami Dolphins – Ricky Stanzi, QB, Iowa
84.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Deunta Williams, S, North Carolina
88.) New Orleans Saints – DeAndre McDaniel, S, Clemson
92.) New England Patriots – Brandon Fusco, C, Slippery Rock
93.) Chicago Bears – John Moffitt, OG, Wisconsin

coordinator0
02-19-2011, 10:09 AM
Very interesting Ravens picks. If we were to go with a T in the first my bet would be that we're looking for a LT, not a RT. Harbaugh didn't rule out the possibility of moving Oher back to the right side, and since the team wants Gaither back even though he keeps saying he wants to be a LT I think Oher could go back to RT. I'm not a fan of Castonzo, but I could see us taking him if we don't bring Gaither back.

I'm not sure what to think of Sheard in the second. Personally I feel that's a bit too high for him, but he also seems to be the best pass-rusher left on the board. I think I just hate passing on Young at that point, it would be a hard decision to take a pass-rusher or a receiver that fits what we need.

Marsh in the third isn't a bad pick, although I think taking a corner past the first two rounds depends on what our depth looks like. Foxworth, Webb, and Williams will all be back and I'm nearly certain Carr will be as well. If we bring Wilson back as well I don't see the room for another #2/#3 corner on the roster, even if we don't I'm not sure adding somebody like Marsh improves the group any.

Overall I think I like it though, it's definitely something new to see.

thebow305
02-19-2011, 10:33 AM
Great Phins draft!

jared3
02-19-2011, 11:29 AM
Love the 1st and 2nd rounder for the Colts. In the third, I would rather have OT James Carpenter or Jason Pinkston. I doubt those guys fall that far come April though.

Also, I highly doubt WR Leonard Hankerson fall as the way to pick number 57.

Babylon
02-19-2011, 11:55 AM
Seattle

wouldnt be too terribly upset with Mallett and Rodney Hudson although i too wonder about the QBs makeup. I'd probably go with a corner or an OT in the first.

I think you might be pretty close on where Jake Locker will go although if he can be accurate at the combine and pro day i think he'll surprise some on how high he will go. Scouts are going to take into consideration the mediocre receivers he had to work with and the broken rib. If the Shanahan rumors are real i think he'll end up there. FWIW he had 9 ints this year, same as Gabbert and less than Mallett.

Jakey
02-19-2011, 12:07 PM
Nice Steelers mock...i prefer Kelvin Sheppard over Sturdevant though, much better fit.

Tom Servo
02-19-2011, 12:08 PM
Pretty good Browns draft. I'd take it. Love the positions picked but not big on Smith in the 2nd. I'd prefer Titus or Baldwin.

jCut
02-19-2011, 03:02 PM
I like each of Denver's picks, but as a whole I think you missed the mark. I think Elway and company are going to focus on the front-seven.

AkiliSmith
02-19-2011, 03:06 PM
WR isn't a big enough need for the Bengals where they have to reach for one that badly. Fairley or Bowers would be the pick. Both are much better players.

Razor
02-19-2011, 04:20 PM
WR isn't a big enough need for the Bengals where they have to reach for one that badly. Fairley or Bowers would be the pick. Both are much better players.

I really don't think that JJ is a reach at #4... You need a receiver and I explained why I didn't give you Bowers or Fairley. But you could argue for both of them at that spot too...

Nalej
02-19-2011, 04:55 PM
Pats mock is sex.

T-RICH49
02-19-2011, 05:19 PM
That Chiefs draft is Legen....wait for it...Dary

prock
02-19-2011, 05:33 PM
I am not a fan of this Vikings draft. I think that is too high for Jenkins but I would be fine with Newton.

Abaddon
02-19-2011, 06:42 PM
48.) Oakland Raiders – Stefen Wisniewski, OC/OG, Penn State

Would very much like this.

Two centers? 0_o

The second one being drafted at least a round or two too high? 0_o

Make it Moffitt there and you'll be in business. He could start at guard and backup at center, and be far better overall than the durability-challenged O'Dowd.

defensiveback23
02-19-2011, 08:46 PM
Can't contend with the Watt pick. Wilson is also a good pick. I think Young would be a better pick for the Chargers at 61. Safety and OLB are big needs that have to be addressed early on.

Razor
02-20-2011, 03:03 AM
I am not a fan of this Vikings draft. I think that is too high for Jenkins but I would be fine with Newton.

I'm obviously a bit higher on Jenkins than most others, have been that for a while now. I was just thinking he's the kind of player that would eventually replace Phat Williams and keep that Vikings DL a force to be reckoned with.

Two centers? 0_o

The second one being drafted at least a round or two too high? 0_o

Make it Moffitt there and you'll be in business. He could start at guard and backup at center, and be far better overall than the durability-challenged O'Dowd.
Oh, I ******* up there... I thought I doubled checked to see if I gave a team the same position, but I must have missed Oakland. But look at at this way: If/when Gallery leaves you can play Wis at guard at O'Dowd at center ;) Same result, but better players (or at least I think so).

Can't contend with the Watt pick. Wilson is also a good pick. I think Young would be a better pick for the Chargers at 61. Safety and OLB are big needs that have to be addressed early on.

I actually thought about giving you Young, but I didn't think he fits what you want in a receiver. I wasn't aware that safety and OLB were big needs for the Chargers. You have Paul Oliver at safety who I thought was coming along nicely and you just drafted Larry English a few years ago. Thanks for the feedback though, I'll keep this in mind for my next mock.

rawdawg
02-20-2011, 08:07 AM
Bears mock.....I'll take it.

J-Mike88
02-20-2011, 08:10 AM
Well done on the Packers.
Jimmy Smith has skills to give the Packers a 3rd potentially super CB for years to come along with Tramon Williams and the fast-developing speedster Sam Shields. I love Smith and believe if he'd played for a better team than Colorado, he'd be a consensus easy top-15 pick and perhaps top-10 right there with the Prince.

The OL guys in round 2 and 3 are very Packer-like guys, well-done there.

49erNation85
02-20-2011, 07:11 PM
excellent 3 rounds for SF.If we get Ponder in round 3, that is a steal there.

redbills
02-20-2011, 07:54 PM
no way i'd pass on Ijalana for a 27 OG. Ijalana might be able to play RT for us.

A Perfect Score
02-21-2011, 12:24 AM
Jimmy Smith, Titus Young and either Quan Sturdivant or John Moffit in the third would be a better overall mock for the Ravens I think. Contract talks are apparently progressing with Gaither so we'll have to see, but if we can bring him back and reel in a draft like that I'd be very happy.

DDP711
02-21-2011, 04:48 PM
By far the best niners mock I have seen. Great job.

Razor
02-22-2011, 09:07 AM
no way i'd pass on Ijalana for a 27 OG. Ijalana might be able to play RT for us.
I am one of those who believe that Ijalana is being grossly overrated. I like him as a solid second rounder (35-55-ish), but not a first rounder. I think people (Falcons fans in particular) are really sleeping on Kyle Rudolph. He has to ability to be a great TE in the NFL assuming he can stay healthy.

Jimmy Smith, Titus Young and either Quan Sturdivant or John Moffit in the third would be a better overall mock for the Ravens I think. Contract talks are apparently progressing with Gaither so we'll have to see, but if we can bring him back and reel in a draft like that I'd be very happy.

I was unaware that they were making progress with Gaither's contract. If they do a new deal that will of course change things quite a bit, but I just viewed OL as being a bigger need than a CB. I wasn't overly impressed with your OL last season so adding talent seemed like a natural thing to do. I like Webb as a starter and Wilson, Carr and Washington seemed like solid depth/rotational guys to have there. I get your criticism of the secound round pick, after some thought I agree that Young is a better pick there.