PDA

View Full Version : Da'Quan Bowers - Scheme Diversity

EndZoneDB
02-22-2011, 02:55 PM
I am wondering if anyone thinks he can play DE in an Odd Front?

I have seen him listed around 280lbs, and it's not all that much of a stretch to think as long as he can be disciplined in his Run gaps, he could play DE in a 3-4.

I know some have mentioned him possibly playing OLB in an odd front, but i just don't see it for him... maybe i am wrong.

Is he strong enough would be the question?

Or is it a foregone conclusion he goes to either Carolina or Denver?

BeerBaron
02-22-2011, 03:06 PM
I think he's pretty much a 4-3 end with relatively little scheme diversity. If you want to broadly define "odd front" as an occasionally used package where he plays more of a 3-4 DE role or even drops into coverage a time or two...I'm sure he could do it.

But I don't buy him full time at either position. 4-3 DE 99.99% of the time.

cajuncorey
02-22-2011, 03:08 PM
i think hes 4-3 specific man but great at that anything in a 3-4 is misusing his skill set

BigBanger
02-22-2011, 03:29 PM
I am wondering if anyone thinks he can play DE in an Odd Front?

I have seen him listed around 280lbs, and it's not all that much of a stretch to think as long as he can be disciplined in his Run gaps, he could play DE in a 3-4.

I know some have mentioned him possibly playing OLB in an odd front, but i just don't see it for him... maybe i am wrong.

Is he strong enough would be the question?

Or is it a foregone conclusion he goes to either Carolina or Denver?
No, he's not strong enough to play 34 DE and he's not athletic enough to play OLB. He's a 43 DE through and through. His frame looks about maxed out.

I don't buy the hype and I don't think he's a lock to go in the top 2.

SimonRath
02-22-2011, 03:53 PM
if any team drafts him to play in a 3-4 they are looking to not get much production.