57) Seattle Seahawks - Allen Bailey DE Miami
58) Baltimore Ravens - Mikel Leshoure RB Illinois
59) Atlanta Falcons - Luke Stocker TE Tennessee
60) New England Patriots - Kelvin Sheppard ILB LSU
61) San Diego Chargers (f/NYJ) - Greg Little WR North Carolina
62) Chicago Bears - Mason Foster OLB Washington
63) Pittsburgh Steelers - Phil Taylor NT Baylor
64) Green Bay Packers - Jaball Sheard OLB Pittsburgh

There are usually a handful of Pats fans that reply on this site, so feel free to discredit my mock if you really are offended that I left out #33..but it's only because there is absolutely no way they pick three players in the top 33 and I really didn't feel like ruining the mock just to satisfy a pick that won't exist; Wisniewski is a 'reach' at 28, but that could be the pick they end up trading and he could be there for them at 33. In short, I was aiming more for player-to-team in this mock rather than using a board that obviously won't fall the same way without trades.

Not to mention it's a pre-combine mock, it will be entirely flipped in a week or two. The whole second round could end up being the whole third.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
02-23-2011, 09:54 AM
Colts will gladly take phil taylor with their 2nd pick

vidae
02-23-2011, 09:55 AM
For KC:

I can live with the first pick (I'd rather have Justin Houston or Torrey Smith) but if Phil Taylor makes it to our second pick we'd absolutely have to snag him up, no question.

Tom Servo
02-23-2011, 09:56 AM
If Clayborn falls that far he'll be a Brown...and I'll do a celebratory cosby dance

Don Vito
02-23-2011, 10:19 AM
You missed pick #33, the Patriots have it. 17 is a little early for Heyward and 28 is a little early for Wisniewski, but they would both fill needs. Kelvin Sheppard makes no sense, we need DE/OLB pass rushing linebackers not another inside linebacker.

BradysKnee
02-23-2011, 10:27 AM
So uh, did the patriots trade #33? Also, Don Vito said ILB is in no shape or form a need at all.

T-RICH49
02-23-2011, 10:29 AM
missed on both KC picks.Justin Houston and Phil Taylor would be better picks

LizardState
02-23-2011, 10:54 AM
40) Dallas Cowboys - Adrian Clayborn DE Iowa

somewhat picking nits here, but if Dallas is going DL in the 2nd rd, better to take Baylor Phil Taylor at NG & slide Ratliff over to DE.

Tom Hagger
02-23-2011, 11:15 AM
For KC:

I can live with the first pick (I'd rather have Justin Houston or Torrey Smith) but if Phil Taylor makes it to our second pick we'd absolutely have to snag him up, no question.

The Chiefs do not take guys with character issues. Cannot see them taking Taylor for that reason.

Babylon
02-23-2011, 11:27 AM
Aaron Williams of Texas over Jake Locker and they'll be rioting in the streets in Seattle.

Matthew Jones
02-23-2011, 11:37 AM
Intentionally leaving out #33 makes you look like an idiot.

prock
02-23-2011, 11:44 AM
This is an average Vikings mock.

jrdrylie
02-23-2011, 12:00 PM
You can't just leave out a pick. You may feel like the Patriots won't pick three guys in the first 33 selections. And you are probably correct. Odds are they do a lot of trading. But the fact is, someone will pick there. At least attempt to project a trade. Otherwise, the entire second round is absolutely worthless.

coordinator0
02-23-2011, 12:12 PM
Smith is an alright pick in the first, he definitely fits one of the two things we need at receiver but I'm not too high on him personally.

LeShoure in the second isn't a good pick at all in my eyes, even if both McGahee and McClain leave. We just don't need to invest that much in a position that already has one of the best players on our team. Especially in this draft when we have needs at more positions than in previous years.

Nalej
02-23-2011, 12:18 PM
Intentionally leaving out #33 makes you look like an idiot.

You can't just leave out a pick. You may feel like the Patriots won't pick three guys in the first 33 selections. And you are probably correct. Odds are they do a lot of trading. But the fact is, someone will pick there. At least attempt to project a trade. Otherwise, the entire second round is absolutely worthless.

Pretty much.

wicket
02-23-2011, 12:18 PM
JJ Watt is a good pick for the saints but i hate the ryan williams pick, not a good need, nor a good fit, nor good value.

thenewfeature06
02-23-2011, 12:24 PM
Jon Baldwin is an intriguing pick for us.. I would much rather have Brandon Harris who has first round talent in my book.. or even Demarcus Love.

Don Vito
02-23-2011, 02:04 PM
There are usually a handful of Pats fans that reply on this site, so feel free to discredit my mock if you really are offended that I left out #33..but it's only because there is absolutely no way they pick three players in the top 33 and I really didn't feel like ruining the mock just to satisfy a pick that won't exist; Wisniewski is a 'reach' at 28, but that could be the pick they end up trading and he could be there for them at 33. In short, I was aiming more for player-to-team in this mock rather than using a board that obviously won't fall the same way without trades.

Not to mention it's a pre-combine mock, it will be entirely flipped in a week or two. The whole second round could end up being the whole third.

I am going to pretend I never read this.

A Perfect Score
02-23-2011, 03:13 PM
Id be very confused if we took a RB in Round 2. Give us Brooks Reed in the second, you dont have him anywhere in your first 2 rounds.

Hurricanes25
02-23-2011, 03:13 PM
30) New York Jets - Justin Houston OLB Georgia

Great pick. He fills a need and I think he is a pretty good value at #30.

txparkes49x
02-23-2011, 03:35 PM
Allen Bailey in the second imo would be the pick but Pouncey replacing Rachal is very tempting. and the first round, check my sig if ya wanna know how i feel.

Brothgar
02-23-2011, 03:42 PM
Greg Jones over Martez Wilson?

thebow305
02-23-2011, 04:34 PM
Love me some Marky Mark...

Abaddon
02-23-2011, 10:25 PM
48) Oakland Raiders - Jon Baldwin WR Pittsburgh

No reason to believe Al will draft another WR.

rawdawg
02-24-2011, 08:47 AM
Interesting picks for the Bears. I'd be fine with Ijalana and Foster. I like both players. But I think if that's the board at 29, the Bears will trade down and hope they can get Ijalana, Pouncey, Paea, or Cannon in the early 2nd (with trade) and get an extra pick.

LB is a bigger need for the Bears than most think. They have 4 LBs that are free agents, and Hunter Hillenmeyer who may not even be able to play anymore. They won't bring back both Roach and Tinoisamoa, so they will need depth even if they bring back one AND both Rod Wilson and Iwuh, who are both primarily special teamers anyway.

Poz51
02-24-2011, 11:41 AM
3) Buffalo Bills - Marcell Dareus DL Alabama
34) Buffalo Bills - Colin Kaepernick QB Nevada
36) Denver Broncos - Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame
38) Arizona Cardinals - Jimmy Smith CB Colorado
41) Washington Redskins - Jake Locker QB Washington
45) San Francisco 49ers - Mike Pouncey G Florida
47) St. Louis Rams - Martez Wilson LB Illinois
63) Pittsburgh Steelers - Phil Taylor NT Baylor

Dareus makes plenty of sense, but Kaepernick in the second does not, the system he comes from, his mechanical flaws, and developmental needs IMO are not worthy of a second round pick, especially with better value, need, and schematic fits available. Locker is still a better prospect. I understand the Kaepernick hype train is rolling full steam ahead, but IMO that is a huge reach for a franchise that can not reach like that in the 2nd round at this point.

Seasonticketholder
02-24-2011, 02:10 PM
JJ Watt is a good pick for the saints but i hate the ryan williams pick, not a good need, nor a good fit, nor good value.

Watt is great value for the Saints here though he might not be the best fit in our defense. Still, given what's left on the board, he would make the most sense.

Runningback IS a need contrary to wicket's take on things. That said, Ryan Williams is not good value. I am not a huge Williams fan and think there are better players on the board. I would prefer seeing Phil Taylor here.

JJ Watt and Phil Taylor > JJ Watt and Ryan Williams!