PDA

View Full Version : Arizona at 5 and Fitzgerald

RWills
02-23-2011, 08:35 AM
Interesting qoute from rotoworld

Larry Fitzgerald has a clause in his contract that will not allow the Cardinals to use the franchise tag on him when his deal runs out in 2012.
Interesting. Reports of the Cardinals as willing to consider a Fitzgerald trade "for the right price" make a lot more sense if he's holding that much leverage. The two sides have touched base on a new deal, but Fitz isn't going to sign the dotted line until he sees a massive upgrade at QB. Pending a new CBA, the Cardinals should have a good feel for Fitz's 2012 intentions by late spring or early summer.

I don't know if Gabbert would help them immediatley enough for Foitz to sign long term.

Can anyone else here see AJ Green as a possible destination in the desert? Breaston is not resigning and after that is Stepehen Williams. This is of course Cincy passes him

bitonti
02-23-2011, 09:07 AM
its possible but doesn't seem like something that franchise would do... they seem way more likely to go after a vet... whenever the CBA is signed.

RWills
02-23-2011, 09:19 AM
its possible but doesn't seem like something that franchise would do... they seem way more likely to go after a vet... whenever the CBA is signed.

I agree and think Bulger/McNabb will sign there but does that make Fitz more likely to sign?

RaiderNation
02-23-2011, 01:11 PM
I dont think they will get rid of Fitz. They will bring in a vet QB to try and win now to get him to sign again. I think they go pass rusher or DB at 5.