PDA

View Full Version : ROCKIO42's Pre-Combine 2 Rounder w/ Analysis

rockio42
02-23-2011, 03:41 PM
Alright, this time I added a second round and analysis throughout both rounds as well as changing up a few of my original first rounders. Let me hear all your criticism and opinions on it!

ROUND 1

1. Carolina Panthers - Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn

They have depth and talent at DE with Charles Johnson, Everette Brown, and Greg Hardy but their talent pool at DT is non-existent and Fairley can change a defense. Build through the trenches and see if any of those young QBs can produce within a new coaching era.

2. Denver Broncos - Patrick Peterson, DB, LSU

The Broncos are going to need help along all three levels of their defense and with a switch back to the 4-3 Da’Quan Bowers makes a lot of sense but I believe Peterson is a once-in-a-draft kind of talent and his versatility to play
either CB or FS, and at a high level, will be huge for this team.

3. Buffalo Bills - Marcel Dareus, DE, Alabama

The Bills just were not prepared for the transition to the 3-4 last year. Kyle Williams adapted well to the change and made a difference at NT, but he fits better as a DE. With the release of Marcus Stroud the Bills have a glaring hole at the other DE spot and Dareus fits perfectly as a building block for the Bills at the 5-tech spot. QB is a need but I don’t see the value here with any of the guys, same problem with OT.

4. Cincinnati Bengals - A.J. Green, WR, Georgia

The Bengals offense was stagnant last season and while most of that can be contributed to the erratic (to say the least) Play from QB Carson Palmer. If the Bengals aren’t planning on changing that spot, than you might as well shake up the offense and get a big play target like Green.

5. Arizona Cardinals - Robert Quinn, OLB, UNC

Still don’t see the QB value, plus the organization seems to like Skelton and Hall, and with one of the best young front “30” in the league the Cardinals defense is a dynamic pass-rusher away from having one of the best young front 7’s in the league...Robert Quinn be that dynamic pass-rusher at the OLB spot.

6. Cleveland Browns - Da’Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson

The Browns are another team making the switch back to a 4-3 and starting that transition with a dominant RE is the perfect way to make the switch. Bowers has been in talks as the #1 overall pick and here at #6 would be perfect value and it fills a huge need.

7. San Francisco 49ers - Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska

I originally had OLB Von Miller in this spot, but when I rate them straight up I would put Amukamara higher than Miller and I think the 49ers could easily think somewhere along the same lines. CB is a huge need with Nate Clements on the wrong side of 30 and Prince offers possible versatility at FS
as well.

8. Tennessee Titans - Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri

New Regime. New QB. I know I have skipped about 2-3 teams that could fit that same profile but Gabbert in Tennessee just seems right to me for some reason. He has the physical traits owner Bud Adams will be enamored with but fits a more typical role than former QB Vince young did. Could see them going DL here with guys like Cameron Jordan and Stephen Paea on the board but with Washington lurking at 10 and Minnesota at 12, they snag their new QB here.

9. Dallas Cowboys - J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin

The front 3 of the Cowboys defense suffered the majority of last season and while DB and OL are bigger needs at this point the value isn’t there and Watt would fill a large hole at arguably a bigger need at the 5-tech spot.

10. Washington Redskins - Julio Jones, WR, Alabama

Santana Moss is a FA who is looking to move, and besides him and the TE corp, the Redskins passing game was stagnant throughout the year and a big play threat like Julio Jones would add a new dynamic aspect to the offense. I can see QB at this spot but I feel like Newton isn’t a Shanahan type QB and I don’t see the value for any of the other signal callers here.

11.Houston Texans - Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M

I can’t see Mario Williams as a 5-tech but Was Phillips knows defense better than me, so what the hell, the Texans are switching to the 3-4 and they are going to need some pieces to make the transition work. Enter Von Miller, a local prospect who fits the need for a stud outside rusher in this defense. The secondary is the biggest need but with Peterson and Amukamara gone, the value isn’t here.

12. Minnesota Vikings - Cameron Newton, QB, Auburn

If Ray Edwards leaves in FA, like it looks like he will, than I would seriously consider Cameron Jordan in this spot but I’m going to throw out Cameron Newton on this one. The Vikings need a QB and just an overall spark to this team and the former Heisman winner will bring that to Minnesota from day 1.

13. Detroit Lions - Cameron Jordan, DE, California

I had CB Jimmy Smith here in my first mock but with Cameron Jordan falling here to #13 I think the choice for the Lions gets much harder here. Jordan no doubt offers better value but is CB enough of a need to warrant a slight reach for a good talent in Smith? In the end I lean towards more value at a slightly lesser need and finish out a great young DL with Cliff Avril, Ndamukong Suh, and Sammie Lee Hill.

14. St. Louis Rams - Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon St.

With Julio Jones going #10 this becomes a much harder pick for the Rams. WR Baldwin would be a huge reach here and there are obvious holes on this team at DT, DE, and OLB. I’ll admit I have a man-crush on Stephen Paea and I think he fits the team needs perfectly. He would provide power and speed from the inside and pair well with Fred Robbins inside.

15. Miami Dolphins - Mark Ingram, RB, ALabama

This has become a cliche pick lately but I don’t feel like Locker present value at this spot and Mark Ingram strike me as a Bill Parcell’s type player; not a freak athlete but he can play football. Ingram would bring a consistent game to this offense if one or both of Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown leave.

16. Jacksonville Jaguars - Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa

The Jaguars have been quietly drafting well over the past year or so with picks like CB Derek Cox and DT’s Terrence Knighton and Tyson Alualu. With that said there still remains a very big hole at both DE spots and Clayborn would bring a nastiness and persistence from the outside that would be huge for this defense.

17. New England Patriots (f/ Oakland) - Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio St.

This pick made stop and think for a while. With both Cameron Heyward and Ryan Kerrigan on the board this turned into a toss-up for me but in the end I had to lean towards DE Heyward. Heyward just strikes me as a Patriot kind of player and it looks to me as though there will be better value for OLB (their next biggest need) at #28 than 3-4 DE.

18. San Diego Chargers - Ryan Kerrigan, OLB, Purdue

The Chargers defense statistically had an impressive season but their are no doubt holes along all three levels that the Bolts will no doubt have to address in April. With the release of Shawn Merriman and lack of production from former 1st rounder Larry English, pairing a stud pass-rusher like Kerrigan with Pro-Bowler Shaun Phillips would add a scary dimension to the defense.

19. New York Giants - Tyron Smith, OT, USC

The Giants don’t have a lot of needs when you take a look at this team on paper and over the past year or so they have built a nice base of players but one position they have seemed to ignore a growing need is along the OL. William Beatty doesn’t seem like he’s going to step into the roll the Giants were hoping for and with both David Diehl and Kareem McKenzie aging Tyron Smith fills a big need in the trenches for New York.

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri

After drafting Gerald McCoy and subsequently having to watch Ndamukong Suh wreck his entire rookie years the Buccaneers have to be looking for a way to jumpstart their pass-rush, especially as a way to bring out Gerald McCoy’s talent. Enter Aldon Smith who was a terror off the edge for Missouri the last year and a half and with him stepping in at RE Tampa Bay has a great young DL

21. Kansas City Chiefs - Phil Taylor, NT, Baylor

Some people are undoubtably going to view this pick as a reach, but I believe it’s a reach the Chiefs are willing to make. With holes at WR, OLB. and ILB they could go a number of ways but with NT depth thin throughout this draft (as it is in most drafts) I believe the Chiefs will look to lock down the last big hole among their front 3 and give this defense a real NT to work with.

22. Indianapolis Colts - Anthony Costonzo, OT, Boston College

Since the surprise retirement of LT Tarik Glenn after their Super Bowl run the Colts have tried and failed at times to give QB Peyton Manning a true LT. After the failure of Tony Ugoh, Charlie Johnson has stepped in and played well for the Colts but a young talent like Costonzo would give the Colts a true franchise LT and would allow them more flexibility across the entire line. (such as kicking Johnson into his more natural position of LG)

23. Philadelphia Eagles - Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado

In my first draft I had Jimmy Smith going #13 to the Lions (and CB Brandon Harris pencilled in here) so I think the Eagles would be extremely happy with the value and need Jimmy Smith fills at this spot. Aside from Asante Samuel and, at times, Joselio Hanson the Philadelphia secondary has been questionable at times and Smith would give the Eagles a reliable option opposite Samuel for the first time.

24. New Orleans Saints - Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA

I’ve seen in most drafts DL and RB in this spot but I think that with a talent like Ayers, if he fell to this spot, the Saints would take a seriously look at him. I don’t see the strength in Ayers to play 3-4 OLB but I think his superior athleticism and pass-rush skill make him a perfect fit as a SLB in Greg Williams’ attacking 4-3 system.

25. Seattle Seahawks - Ben Ijalana, OG, Villanova

Nine times out of ten I would put QB Jake Locker in this spot. It all makes sense; local prospect, high ceiling guy, have a veteran to sit him behind (Whitehurst and possibly Hassellback), and you have a franchise LT to protect your investment. However, think Seattle gave up too much to quit on Whitehurst just yet and instead Peter Carroll and CO. improve the OL corp and get a versatile and talented OL in Ben Ijalana to step in at either LG or RT.

26. Baltimore Ravens - Brandon Harris, CB, Miami

I got dinged in my last draft that CB Aaron Williams wasn’t value at this spot, I doubt that point can be argued with CB Brandon Harris. Harris would immediately represent one of the most talented CBs on the Ravens roster and would fill one of the larger needs for Baltimore across the field from Josh
Wilson.

27. Atlanta Falcons - Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland

If one of the top DEs such as Adrian Clayborn or Aldon Smith were to fall this far I would hesitate much to throw the Falcons a pass-rusher to develop behind John Abraham and/or alongside Kroy Beirman, but alas that is not the case and therefore the Falcons jump on big-play WR Torrey Smith out of Maryland to compliment Pro-Bowler Roddy White and possession man Michael Jenkins.

28. New England Patriots - Justin Houston, OLB, Georgia

With their pick acquired from the trade of DE Richard Seymour the Patriots filled their need of another big DE in Cameron Heyward and with this pick New England stick on the defensive side of the ball and addresses their real lack of elite talent at the OLB spot with Justin Houston. Houston would upgrade the outside pass-rush for the Pats defense and with Heyward gives the Patriots an impressive first round defensive overhaul. (DE Cameron Heyward)

29. Chicago Bears - Mike Pouncey, OG, Florida

Somehow the Bears were able to go deep into the playoffs with their bookends being Frank Omiyale and 7th-rounder De’Marcus Webb, as well as an aging C (Kruetz) and RG (Garza) and a LG that is playing out of position (Williams),but its clear that if they want QB Jay Cutler and the entire offense to succeed than shaking up the OL is necessary. With the drafting of Pouncey the Bears would free themselves up to try Williams at LT as well as give them the versatility if injuries were to hit the interior OL.

30. New York Jets - Allen Bailey, DE, Miami

Let Allen Bailey get coached up by Rex Ryan? That’s a recipe for another deadly member of this already great Jets defense. OLB and S are also needs but Bailey is too good of a value right now.

31. Pittsburgh Steeler - Derrick Sherrod, OT, Mississippi St.

The Steelers line has some definite talent in Max Stark and Maurkice Pouncey but Starks is out of position at LT but bringing in OT Sherrod would allow them to kick Stark over to his more natural position of RT and give Big Ben an impressive set of bookends to go along with his Pro-Bowl C.

32. Green Bay Packers - Nate Solder, OT, Colorado

First-round pick Bryan Bulaga played well in the time he was on the field this past year and looks prime to be a perfect fit at RT, especially if they do indeed draft an athletic LT like Nate Solder and protect their greatest commodity, Super Bowl MVP QB Aaron Rodgers.

ROUND 2

33. New England Patriots (f/ Carolina) - DeMarcus Love, OL, Arkansas

The OL needs a infusion of young talent and Love is versatile and could play LT, LG, or RT. (DE Cameron Heyward, OLB Justin Houston)

34. Buffalo Bills - Jake Locker, QB, Washington

Sit him behind Ryan Fitzpatrick for 10-12 games and watch the Bills improve. (DE Marcel Dareus)

35. Cincinnati Bengals - Rahim Moore, S, UCLA

Big-play offense. Big-play defense. Not a bad draft if you ask me. (WR A.J. Green)

36. Denver Broncos - Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois

Switch back to the 4-3, Liuget is a perfect 4-3 UT to pair with Dumervil and Ayers. (DB Patrick Peterson)

37. Cleveland Browns - Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin

This need just kind of popped into my head out of nowhere. Joe Thomas. Gabe Carimi. Wisconsin Rules. (DE Da’Quan Bowers)

38. Arizona Cardinals - Aaron Williams, CB, Texas

Big hole across the field from DRC, Williams fills that need. (OLB Robert Quinn)

39. Tennessee Titans - Kenrick Ellis, DT, Hampton

The Titans line desperately needs some real size and Ellis gives them some power. (QB Blaine Gabbert)

40. Dallas Cowboys - Brandon Burton, CB, Utah

Missed out on Peterson and Amukamara, Burton fills a big need here in the 2nd round. (DE J.J. Watt)

41. Washington Redskins - Christian Ballard, DE, Iowa

Continuing their transition to the 3-4, Redskins draft some talent as the 5-tech in Ballard. (WR Julio Jones)

42. Houston Texans - Ras-I Dowling, CB, Birginia

CB is no doubt their biggest need and after having to pass in the 1st, they address it here. (OLB Von Miller)

43. Minnesota Vikings - Ahmad Black, FS, Florida

Black and improving SS Abdullah make an impressive young safety due. (QB Cameron Newton)

44. Detroit Lions - Johnny Patrick, CB, Louisville

Another team that had to pass on CB early in round 1, smartly address it here. (DE Cameron Jordan)

45. San Francisco 49ers - Ryan Mallet, QB, Arkansas

The QB talent drops off after Mallet and so the 49ers grab their guy now. Sit him for a year and let Harbaugh develop him. (DB Prince Amukamara)

46. Denver Broncos (f/ Miami) - Martez Wilson, ILB, Illinois

Rumors that LB D.J. Williams is moving to WLB in the new 4-3. Wilson fills the middle. (DB Patrick Peterson, DT Corey Liuget)

47. St. Louis Rams - Jon Baldwin, WR, Pittsburgh

I actually think the FO ignores the WR need, just a hunch really, but here Baldwin is just too good of a value to pass up. (DT Stephen Paea)

48. Oakland Raiders - Marcus Cannon, OL, TCU

Depth and versatility along the OL are two of the bigger needs for the Raiders, Cannon fills them.

49. Jacksonville Jaguars - Danny Watkins, OG, Baylor

Two good young OTs in Monroe and Britton but the interior line needs some improvement. (DE Adrian Clayborn)

50. San Diego Chargers - Muhammad Wilkerson, DE, Temple

After addressing a big need in OLB, the Chargers stay on defense and nab a rising 5-tech talent. (OLB Ryan Kerrigan)

51. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Rodney Hudson, OG, Florida St.

Local product, versatile interior OL for a team with a serious lack of depth along those lines. (DE Aldon Smith)

52. New York Giants - Bruce Carter, OLB, UNC

Great value at a position that could use an infusion of talent and athleticism. (OT Tyron Smith)

53. Indianapolis Colts - Jurrell Casey, DT, USC

The DL needs some size and Casey also offers some pass-rushing skills from the inside. (OT Anthony Costonzo)

54. Philadelphia Eagles - Marcus Gilbert, OL, Florida

Strikes me as a Andy Reid type guy as a big, versatile OL. (CB Jimmy Smith)

55. Kansas City Chiefs - Titus Young, WR, Boise St.

Offense needs some spark and Young brings speed alongside WR Dwyane Bowe. (NT Phil Taylor)

56. New Orleans Saints - Mikel Leshoure, RB, Illinois

DL depth has fallen off a tad, and Leshoure offers power along side RB Ivory and (maybe) Reggie Bush.(OLB Akeem Ayers)

57. Seattle Seahawks - Curtis Brown, CB, Texas

Add some depth at a position of need and give FS Thomas a former teammate to work with. (OL Ben Ijalana)

58. Baltimore Ravens - Jerrel Jernigan, WR, Troy

Adding some real speed to WR corp would make a scary offense even better. (CB Brandon Harris)

59. Atlanta Falcons - Brooks Reed, DE, Arizona

Really surprised he took a tumble. Great value at this spot and fills a big need behind DE Abraham. (WR Torrey Smith)

60. New England Patriots -Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami

Pats love value and Hankerson is a great value at the bottom of the 2nd. Adds some potential top-end talent to a solid WR corp. (DE Cameron Heyward, OLB Justin Houston, OL Demarcus Love)

61. San Diego Chargers (f/ New York Jets) - Orlando Franklins, OT, Miami

Thier have been lapses on the right side of the OL for the past few years and Franklin offers talent and versatility at either OT spot. (OLB Ryan Kerrigan, DE Muhammad Wilkerson)

62. Chicago Bears - Drake Nevis, DT, LSU

Tommie Harris hasn’t been right in years and Nevis offers depth and speed at DT. (OG Mike Pouncey)

63. Pittsburgh Steelers - Jalil Brown, CB, Colorado

Aside from Ike Taylor (at time) and the S duo, the Steelers secondary needs depth and talent, Brown offers both. (OT Derrick Sherrod)

64. Green Bay Packers - Jeremy Beal, OLB, Oklahoma

Let Kevin Greene coach up Jeremy Beal and then combine him with Cliff Matthews and you have one hell of a combination at OLB.(OT Nate Solder)

Tom Hagger
02-23-2011, 03:48 PM
I Have a feeling the colts will fall in love with Drake Nevis for some reason and will take him in the second.

Also cannot see the Broncos drafting Peterson now they resigned Champ.

rockio42
02-23-2011, 03:53 PM
I Have a feeling the colts will fall in love with Drake Nevis for some reason and will take him in the second.

Also cannot see the Broncos drafting Peterson now they resigned Champ.

Peterson can play FS or CB but I made the first round before the signing last night.

T-RICH49
02-23-2011, 03:57 PM
You sir did a great job on KC's picks

wicket
02-23-2011, 04:02 PM
first rounder for the saints im okay with, the second rounder not so much. I dont like spending a pick on a marginal need with a bad fit and superior value, need and fit present in drake nevis.

Babylon
02-23-2011, 04:21 PM
Seattle

Your logic on not taking a QB because you spent a 3rd on Whithurst (about right for a career backup) doesnt make a lot of sense to me. I guess your just kicking the can down the road for another season with garbage at the QB position.

thebow305
02-23-2011, 04:33 PM
Ingram always works for Miami, although it would be REALLY sweet if you added a third round and had us getting Christian Ponder. ;)

Tom Servo
02-23-2011, 04:37 PM
Bowers and Carimi for the Browns would be unbelievable.

TNPatsFan
02-23-2011, 04:40 PM
Patriots picks:
17. Cameron Heyward - I like him a lot but in my opinion 17 is too early for him. Wouldn't hate the pick though. Would just rather get him at 28 or 33.
28. Justin Houston - Another guy I like but not as much as a lot of people. I think he's too one dimensional to be a first round pick. As with Heyward, not my first choice there but I wouldn't hate the pick.

I don't really expect the Pats to go DE and OLB in the first round as everyone seems to be projecting but these are decent picks.

33. Demarcus Love - You have addressed an area, OL, where I expect the Pats to take at least one possibly more than one player early in the draft. I personally think Love sucks but OL's are hard to predict in the draft so it's anyone's guess who they would take, but pretty safe bet that they will go OL early.

60. Leonard Hankerson - Not really loving the pick. I like him but don't love him. And I don't feel like the Pats will pick a WR that early. I'd rather see one in round 3 or 4, and have them go with another OL, RB, or DB there.

Tom Hagger
02-23-2011, 04:44 PM
Peterson can play FS or CB but I made the first round before the signing last night.

Thought that may be the case. I think if Bowers is there and his medical checks out he is practically a lock to go to the Broncos.

rockio42
02-23-2011, 05:37 PM
Seattle

Your logic on not taking a QB because you spent a 3rd on Whithurst (about right for a career backup) doesnt make a lot of sense to me. I guess your just kicking the can down the road for another season with garbage at the QB position.

I was basically trying to stat that that's what I think Seattle is going to do. I don't go off what I would do, but what it looks like a franchise might. After trading for Whitehurst, I think Carroll is going to give him another chance to start and I don't see them addressing QB unless Locker or Mallet move up draft boards a little bit.

vidae
02-23-2011, 05:46 PM
Great two rounds for KC!

BeerBaron
02-23-2011, 05:49 PM
We tried Chris Williams at LT already...didn't go so well. I think JA will leave him pinned at LG and rumor is that we're projecting J'Marcus Webb to LT....that's a whole 'nother can of worms though....

Nevis in the 2nd would be spectacular.

Babylon
02-23-2011, 05:51 PM
I was basically trying to stat that that's what I think Seattle is going to do. I don't go off what I would do, but what it looks like a franchise might. After trading for Whitehurst, I think Carroll is going to give him another chance to start and I don't see them addressing QB unless Locker or Mallet move up draft boards a little bit.

I'm with you on the part about trying to figure what they actually will do. Whitehurst isnt the answer but you may be right in figuring that they go with him another year and then address the QB situation next year where i guess they could count on Luck and Barkely to be an option, maybe.

I think Locker's stock will be in the top 15 by the end of the process but if he were there it would be interesting to see what Carroll would do. He passed on a near obvious choice of Taylor Mays so there is no loyalty there nor should there be.

Pete at one time said Jake was the best player in the Pac-10 and he had a ringside seat for the Husky win last year over the Trojans and i'm sure he watched Locker lead them to another win this year. If he was smart he'd take the local kid for several reasons but not sure if he's that sharp to be honest.

rockio42
02-23-2011, 06:18 PM
We tried Chris Williams at LT already...didn't go so well. I think JA will leave him pinned at LG and rumor is that we're projecting J'Marcus Webb to LT....that's a whole 'nother can of worms though....

So was that a no for Mike Pouncey to the Bears?

BeerBaron
02-23-2011, 06:20 PM
So was that a no for Mike Pouncey to the Bears?

I wouldn't be really upset with it or anything, I just don't think we'll actually look that way. Plus, I think he's a bit overrated around these boards. People have his brother in their minds when Mike is....softer..for lack of a better term. I have him as a mid 2nd rounder.

prock
02-23-2011, 07:07 PM
Newton is a fine pick, but I am not a huge Black fan. Good position to address though.

49erNation85
02-23-2011, 09:43 PM
Freaking two great solid picks for SF.If Mallet falls to us in round two bonus!I think JH could really coach him up and get his mobility down.Some say hes not a WC offense guy but if you really think about it,he can be with the right coaching.Hes got the arm and height and QB build.I think as a QB his only down fall is not being mobile or super quick.When hes in the pocket more hes got nice touch and arm.Fellow SEC follower I've seen a lot of his games.He should be able to do good in our play book!

SimonRath
02-23-2011, 10:18 PM
27. Atlanta Falcons - Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland

If one of the top DEs such as Adrian Clayborn or Aldon Smith were to fall this far I would hesitate much to throw the Falcons a pass-rusher to develop behind John Abraham and/or alongside Kroy Beirman, but alas that is not the case and therefore the Falcons jump on big-play WR Torrey Smith out of Maryland to compliment Pro-Bowler Roddy White and possession man Michael Jenkins.

Aldon Smith would look beyond sexy rushing the passer across from Abraham. Im more open to Adrian Clayborn then most falcon fans are, especially Scar. His character "concerns" aren't to big in my eyes. He did have one run in with the law but ever since then I havent heard any bad news about him. He wouldn't look as sexy as Aldon Smith, but I wouldn't be against it. Torrey Smith though is pure sex. pure sexxxxxx.

Really surprised he took a tumble. Great value at this spot and fills a big need behind DE Abraham. (WR Torrey Smith)

Brooks Reed is a difficult prospect to understand. Most everyone I talk to sees him as a OLB in the 3-4 so I have kinda gotten used to not seeing him talked about with the Falcons. If they can see him playing with his hand on the ground then I'm all for it. I love his motor!

proshoota25
02-23-2011, 10:51 PM
i love the heyward and hankerson picks for the pats mock.

i like justin houston, but i dont think hes the perfect fit in our system. he will have a hard time covering in space. hes more of a one trick pony, and i wonder if BB would take someone like that. Love is a big reach at the top of the second.

defensiveback23
02-23-2011, 11:19 PM
Not a fan of the Chargers' pick. I just don't think he fits well with the team's model. I think Smith would be much better.

rockio42
02-23-2011, 11:28 PM
I'm with you on the part about trying to figure what they actually will do. Whitehurst isnt the answer but you may be right in figuring that they go with him another year and then address the QB situation next year where i guess they could count on Luck and Barkely to be an option, maybe.

What do you think of the picks in that situation though? Ijalana and such?

Brooks Reed is a difficult prospect to understand. Most everyone I talk to sees him as a OLB in the 3-4 so I have kinda gotten used to not seeing him talked about with the Falcons. If they can see him playing with his hand on the ground then I'm all for it. I love his motor!

If the Falcons can get the kind of production out of like 260 pound Abraham, than I firmly believe that can coach up Reed.

Not a fan of the Chargers' pick. I just don't think he fits well with the team's model. I think Smith would be much better.

Which pick?

defensiveback23
02-24-2011, 12:17 AM
What do you think of the picks in that situation though? Ijalana and such?

If the Falcons can get the kind of production out of like 260 pound Abraham, than I firmly believe that can coach up Reed.

Which pick?

Sorry, meant Kerrigan. He just doesn't really catch me as the type of player the team will target with their first pick. Especially since Smith is still on the board.

rawdawg
02-24-2011, 08:38 AM
Pouncey + Nevis = WIN! Good mock. And I work w/ a Steelers fan that would be very happy with this outcome also.

rawdawg
02-24-2011, 08:42 AM

Chris Williams has started 7 career games at LT. One of those was the Dallas game this year that he left after about 4 plays. Five of those were in 2009 where he played well, including getting rave reviews for his play against All-Pro DE Jared Allen. He hasn't really gotten a legit shot at LT. That's not to say he can play LT well. But he's definitely not a guard.

Poz51
02-24-2011, 11:35 AM
[QUOTE=rockio42;2531013]
3. Buffalo Bills - Marcel Dareus, DE, Alabama
34. Buffalo Bills - Jake Locker, QB, Washington
37. Cleveland Browns - Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
QUOTE]

Nice Bills mock. No problem with Darues in the first right now, and Locker's value IMO is in the second round. If they wanted to upgrade the RT spot, and/or add quality depth at OLB Carimi and Reed would both fit at there respective postions. As it is with no trades this is a good Bills mock, nice job!

rockio42
02-24-2011, 12:28 PM
Sorry, meant Kerrigan. He just doesn't really catch me as the type of player the team will target with their first pick. Especially since Smith is still on the board.

As in Jimmy Smith, Torrey Smith, or Tyron Smith?