PDA

View Full Version : Jets to Trade Dewayne Robertson and 3rd Round pick to Lions for Shaun Rogers?

Jagonsucker
03-22-2007, 05:07 AM
I found this on another forum:

"Jets to Trade Dewayne Robertson and 3rd Round pick to Lions for Shaun Rogers?
Heard this rumor on Sirus Radio today."

I dont know about this...I'd rather trade him for a 1st and Robertson..he's damn well worth it. Come on Millen, don't be stupid

Addict
03-22-2007, 07:01 AM

I dont know about this...I'd rather trade him for a 1st and Robertson..he's damn well worth it. Come on Millen, don't be stupid

Let's hope it never becomes more than a rumor. The sheer size of Robertson's paycheck makes this a one-way deal. Although he did show some signs of improvement.

But a third is too low, second we'll consider it, first it's a deal.

detroit4life
03-22-2007, 09:05 AM
i dont belive it i rly think that marinelli is going to try to reach this guy and get on the same page

TacticaLion
03-22-2007, 11:23 AM

If they traded SRogers, I think it would have to be for a 2nd... at LEAST! Why trade SRogers... the better DT... for a lesser DT and a 3rd round pick? Nah. Give me a better player and a 3rd or give me Robertson and a 2nd.

LionSmack
03-22-2007, 11:26 AM
this is a silly rumor. Rogers is a super talent who's worth sticking with, and the cap hit from trading him would be pretty huge. It would have to be a great deal to trade him.

TacticaLion
03-22-2007, 11:33 AM
this is a silly rumor. Rogers is a super talent who's worth sticking with, and the cap hit from trading him would be pretty huge. It would have to be a great deal to trade him.Yep. Robertson and a 3rd wouldn't cut it.

I kinda want to trade SRogers... but not for free.

DeMonikk1
03-22-2007, 11:38 AM
That would be one of the worst trades ever...

TacticaLion
03-22-2007, 11:39 AM
That would be one of the worst trades ever...

It would be better than trading for Carr, though...

princefielder28
03-22-2007, 11:43 AM
It's a BAD deal for the Lions but you never know what Millen will pull the plug on.

DeMonikk1
03-22-2007, 11:43 AM
It would be better than trading for Carr, though...

No, I don't think it would. Even though Rogers is starting to look like more of a distraction, he is more talented than Robertson. Also, Robertson has a HUGE cap number. Carr could thrive somewhere but I don't think Detroit would be the right place, it would still be better to get him then Robertson. Robertson and a 3rd rounder does not equal Rogers value at all especially with the cap hit trading Rogers would bring on and then taking on DR's salary.

TacticaLion
03-22-2007, 11:45 AM
No, I don't think it would. Even though Rogers is starting to look like more of a distraction, he is more talented than Robertson. Also, Robertson has a HUGE cap number. Carr could thrive somewhere but I don't think Detroit would be the right place, it would still be better to get him then Robertson. Robertson and a 3rd rounder does not equal Rogers value at all especially with the cap hit trading Rogers would bring on and then taking on DR's salary.

I do not want Carr.

Considering Rogers' weight and injuries, I'd take a young, talented DE over trading picks for Carr.

DeMonikk1
03-22-2007, 11:51 AM
I am not saying I'd want Carr here either. At least not in a trade. Houston may end up cutting him anyway so if that happens, then I would possibly like to see him here. But the Robertson-Rogers trade thing..that's an absolute joke.

TacticaLion
03-22-2007, 12:00 PM
I am not saying I'd want Carr here either. At least not in a trade. Houston may end up cutting him anyway so if that happens, then I would possibly like to see him here. But the Robertson-Rogers trade thing..that's an absolute joke.

If they traded their 2nd and 3rd... (or even just the 2nd)... tha'd be better. A 3rd isn't worth it. We can agree there.

DeMonikk1
03-22-2007, 12:17 PM
If they traded their 2nd and 3rd... (or even just the 2nd)... tha'd be better. A 3rd isn't worth it. We can agree there.

The only problem is the NYJ traded the early 2nd rounder they had to the Bears in the Jones deal. But they still have 2 2nd rounders..but again, because of Robertson's cap hit, this would be an awful deal..but it is Matt Millen

WMD
03-22-2007, 01:08 PM
I'd stay as far away as possible from this trade.. I would trade him and a 5th Rounder for that nice #25 though..

TacticaLion
03-22-2007, 01:57 PM
I'd rather trade him for another player/pick... not for Robertson and not for a 3rd rounder.

Young Nasty Man
03-22-2007, 02:00 PM
im a huge Jets fan and let me tell you...I WOULD BE SHOCKED! Dewayne and a 3rd for SRogers is a typical terrible deal that Matt Millen makes. I'd **** my pants with happiness but I will be 100% shocked...

asmitty45
03-23-2007, 12:04 AM
We arent that stupid, robertson and a 1st would stil be a shaky deal for me. he's underachieved his whole career and coming to the D probably wouldnt change all that. Id take their 1,2,3 over robertson any day

Addict
03-23-2007, 03:52 PM
im a huge Jets fan and let me tell you...I WOULD BE SHOCKED! Dewayne and a 3rd for SRogers is a typical terrible deal that Matt Millen makes. I'd **** my pants with happiness but I will be 100% shocked...

woa nelly!

What the hell? How the ****? Wutsthebizzle?

Millen makes bad deals? Explain?

TacticaLion
03-23-2007, 03:56 PM
woa nelly!

What the hell? How the ****? Wutsthebizzle?

Millen makes bad deals? Explain?Haha... I think he's referring to drafting BPA available in the first round, vice reaching/trading down.

He's confused... as many "Matt Millen is an idiot" non-Lion fans are.

You get points for the "Wutsthebizzle", though.

Addict
03-23-2007, 04:07 PM
Haha... I think he's referring to drafting BPA available in the first round, vice reaching/trading down.

He's confused... as many "Matt Millen is an idiot" non-Lion fans are.

You get points for the "Wutsthebizzle", though.

Thanks for the points.

Yeah well... I mean, I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I really don't think Millen is as god awful as some people say he is, he's just been unlucky.

Wanna bet that if we have a good draft and win 10 games (hyopothetically, HYPOTHETICALLY!) Millen will be viewed as a genius? It's the mayock-effect.

TacticaLion
03-23-2007, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the points.

Yeah well... I mean, I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I really don't think Millen is as god awful as some people say he is, he's just been unlucky.

Wanna bet that if we have a good draft and win 10 games (hyopothetically, HYPOTHETICALLY!) Millen will be viewed as a genius? It's the mayock-effect.Haha.

To be honest, I think Millen will always be regarded as an idiot by many. I don't think hes done a truly horrible job... but I think he fell victim to Kiper and his hair (not to mention his projection that MWilliams will be a HoFer). Either way, many of the players HE drafted are shaping a team with a lot of promise and a bright future.

Iamcanadian is about to scream at us... It's coming.

Addict
03-23-2007, 04:27 PM
Haha.

To be honest, I think Millen will always be regarded as an idiot by many. I don't think hes done a truly horrible job... but I think he fell victim to Kiper and his hair (not to mention his projection that MWilliams will be a HoFer). Either way, many of the players HE drafted are shaping a team with a lot of promise and a bright future.

Iamcanadian is about to scream at us... It's coming.

I agree. This is merely the peaceful silence before the storm.

Xiomera
03-23-2007, 06:58 PM
Vilma for Rogers, lol

TacticaLion
03-23-2007, 09:55 PM
Vilma for Rogers, lol

I'd definately welcome a trade involving Vilma over a trade with Robertson.

Obviously.

I agree. This is merely the peaceful silence before the storm.We're in trouble. When he sees this conversation, we're gonna get yelled at.

No, I'm serious...

We're in trouble...

Brodeur
03-23-2007, 10:00 PM
We're in trouble. When he sees this conversation, we're gonna get yelled at.

No, I'm serious...

We're in trouble...

Eh well, just another debate with a Canadian.

TacticaLion
03-23-2007, 10:16 PM
Eh well, just another debate with a Canadian.

This isn't just another Canadian... this is an openly Canadian Canadian.

Just kidding, Canadian... please... don't... hurt... me... with your text.

I like talking to Canadian, though. I just hope he isn't right about this year (and the franchise)... I want them to finally push though and succeed.

Addict
03-24-2007, 11:03 AM
This isn't just another Canadian... this is an openly Canadian Canadian.

Just kidding, Canadian... please... don't... hurt... me... with your text.

I like talking to Canadian, though. I just hope he isn't right about this year (and the franchise)... I want them to finally push though and succeed.

What scares me about him is that I'm still not sure he's just being overly critical or a representative of the voice of reason.

TacticaLion
03-24-2007, 11:27 AM
What scares me about him is that I'm still not sure he's just being overly critical or a representative of the voice of reason.
Haha... you want to tell him that we'll eventually win with Millen... but you're right. What if it isn't possible?

Side note: I was watching NFL Live... and they sat there and made fun of the Lions... and Kitna... and RWilliams... for past (and current) predictions.

I hope we win 11 games... so I can call them all and tell them they're stupid.

Addict
03-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Haha... you want to tell him that we'll eventually win with Millen... but you're right. What if it isn't possible?

Side note: I was watching NFL Live... and they sat there and made fun of the Lions... and Kitna... and RWilliams... for past (and current) predictions.

I hope we win 11 games... so I can call them all and tell them they're stupid.

Points for that last remark :D

We could also prank-call them all season, or make big cartboard figures of them and burn them in the steets ;).

I'd start by ordering pizza in their name.

Iamcanadian
03-24-2007, 12:23 PM
Good stuff guys, maybe I'm finally getting through at least a bit, too bad they took away icons or I'd give you a big green smile with teeth. I'm sick of talking about Millen, if I can't convince you after 6 years and 24 wins, you'll have to learn on your own.
At least we are all avid Lion's fans who really care about the team and it's fun jostling with you. At least we have a pretty active site for a rotton football team. By the way, I'm in a generous mood and predict 6 wins based mostly oin Martz's offense. I'll have to wait on Marinelli's defense before I see much hope there.

Addict
03-24-2007, 01:59 PM
Good stuff guys, maybe I'm finally getting through at least a bit, too bad they took away icons or I'd give you a big green smile with teeth. I'm sick of talking about Millen, if I can't convince you after 6 years and 24 wins, you'll have to learn on your own.
At least we are all avid Lion's fans who really care about the team and it's fun jostling with you. At least we have a pretty active site for a rotton football team. By the way, I'm in a generous mood and predict 6 wins based mostly oin Martz's offense. I'll have to wait on Marinelli's defense before I see much hope there.

Wow. You're getting through to us, we're getting through to you (6 wins?)... who knows, maybe by the time the season start we'll all agree with each other.

And yes, this team board is crazy active.

TacticaLion
03-24-2007, 04:04 PM
Wow. You're getting through to us, we're getting through to you (6 wins?)... who knows, maybe by the time the season start we'll all agree with each other.

And yes, this team board is crazy active.

Which is great. It's nice to throw ideas out there and get responses on the recent signings/trades/activity.

At least we are all avid Lion's fans who really care about the team and it's fun jostling with you. At least we have a pretty active site for a rotton football team. By the way, I'm in a generous mood and predict 6 wins based mostly oin Martz's offense. I'll have to wait on Marinelli's defense before I see much hope there.If after this year... if Marinelli isn't the coach I think he is and the team is much farther away than I think they are, I'll be on your side of the argument. I'd just like to hope that, with hard work and smart moves can come production and wins. I just hope.

(Hey... you predict 6 wins... Kitna predicts 10... not too far off.)

Points for that last remark

We could also prank-call them all season, or make big cartboard figures of them and burn them in the steets .

I'd start by ordering pizza in their name.Haha.

Ok, so if the Lions hit 10-11 wins next year, we've gotta start attacking. Whose with me!?

LIONHE4RT
03-24-2007, 09:25 PM
Vilma for Rogers, lol

I was thinking the same exact thing!!! Do you think we'd trade them straight up?

TacticaLion
03-24-2007, 10:00 PM
I was thinking the same exact thing!!! Do you think we'd trade them straight up?Would be interesting... I think I would consider it. It would give us our young, stud MLB... and a "free pick" in the draft. It would also be interesting if we traded down and drafted Okoye instead of Willis... OR... better yet... took Landry in round 1 and either Spencer or Abiamiri in round 2 (although Spencer probably wont fall that far). We could try to grab Meriweather with our additional 2nd (from the trade) and could take the best CB available in round 3.

That would be an incredible draft. Trade Kennedy for another 5th round pick and address DT, WR, TE, OG, OLB, CB and RB with our remaining picks.

Tha'd be awesome.

Xiomera
03-24-2007, 10:23 PM
I was thinking the same exact thing!!! Do you think we'd trade them straight up?

We would do it faster than you can say "deal" . . . they would not probably . . .

TacticaLion
03-25-2007, 01:10 PM
We would do it faster than you can say "deal" . . . they would not probably . . .
Imagine a defense with LaRon Landry, Vilma and Spencer/Abiamiri... that would be amazing.

Xiomera
03-25-2007, 01:13 PM
Imagine a defense with LaRon Landry, Vilma and Spencer/Abiamiri... that would be amazing.

Precisely . . . playmakers everywhere . . . and don't forget Ernie Sims

TacticaLion
03-25-2007, 01:15 PM
Precisely . . . playmakers everywhere . . . and don't forget Ernie Sims

Ha... can't forget Ernie Sims. A 3rd round CB would finish that draft off perfectly... (and, if we took Landry, we'd have additional picks).

33 days is way too many.

Scotty D
03-25-2007, 01:28 PM
Ha... can't forget Ernie Sims. A 3rd round CB would finish that draft off perfectly... (and, if we took Landry, we'd have additional picks).

33 days is way too many.

I did't realize it was that close. We might not know what direction were going until we are on the clock. Thats when the best trade offers are suppose to be.

TacticaLion
03-25-2007, 02:21 PM
I did't realize it was that close. We might not know what direction were going until we are on the clock. Thats when the best trade offers are suppose to be.

Exactly.

Teams that want CJ have to worry about Oakland taking him as well... they wont trade up until Oakland makes their pick.

I'll be miserable until the draft, though...

Addict
03-25-2007, 02:53 PM

33 days is way too many.

I'm actually nervous. I cannot imagine what JaMarcus Russel must go through right now... Or Quinn, or some other guy who's stock is shaky...

TacticaLion
03-25-2007, 02:56 PM
I'm actually nervous. I cannot imagine what JaMarcus Russel must go through right now... Or Quinn, or some other guy who's stock is shaky...

Haha. As Quinn said: "I haven't played... how is my stock going down? Did someone see me miss a rep in the weight room?"... or something like that. It was funny.

Lucky for them, most of the evaluated work is over... they've just gotta wait for the big day.

Addict
03-25-2007, 03:00 PM
Haha. As Quinn said: "I haven't played... how is my stock going down? Did someone see me miss a rep in the weight room?"... or something like that. It was funny.

Lucky for them, most of the evaluated work is over... they've just gotta wait for the big day.

Well on the other hand, this is the worst time, nothing you can do, just wait. Wait for some guy in a suit you don't really know all that well to make a decision that concerns what willl most likely be the first five, six years of your professional career. I'd soil myself.

TacticaLion
03-25-2007, 05:07 PM
Well on the other hand, this is the worst time, nothing you can do, just wait. Wait for some guy in a suit you don't really know all that well to make a decision that concerns what willl most likely be the first five, six years of your professional career. I'd soil myself.

*shrugs*... either way, things work out... Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart are great examples.

Being the top pick has its disadvantages.