PDA

View Full Version : if draft was this afternoon

dolfan
02-25-2011, 11:14 AM
open to any criticism.. but before bashing take a good look at some stats, and free agency moves bc of the CBA

1) Carolina- DaQuan Bowers DE
2) Denver- Nick Fairley DT
3) Buffalo- Blaine Gabbert QB
4) Cincinnati- Robert Quinn DE/LB (pass rush is dead, combine winner, they always draft risk)
5) Arizona- Von Miller OLB
6) Cleveland- AJ Green WR
7) San Francisco- Patrick Peterson CB
8) Tennessee- Marcell Dareus DT
9) Dallas- J.J Watt DE
10) Washington- Prince Amukamara CB (deangelo is old, rogers is a FA, who else is there??)
11) Houston- Akeem Ayers OLB
12) Minnesota- Cam Newton QB (newton,AD, and percy harvin is pretty freakin dynamic)
13) Detroit- Tyron Smith LT
14) St Louis- Julio Jones WR
15) Miami- Mark Ingram RB
16) Jacksonville- Cameron Jordan DE
17) New England- Ryan Kerrigan DE/OLB
18) San Diego- Aldon Smith DE/OLB
19) New York Giants- Corey Leguit DT
20) Tampa Bay- Adrian Clayborn DE
21) Kansas City- Stephen Paea DT
22) Indianapolis- Nate Solder LT
23) Philadelphia- Jimmy Smith CB
24) New Orleans- Allen Bailey DE
25) Seattle- Jake Locker QB
26) Baltimore- Rahim Moore S (hes a ED REED look a like, and ed reed does contemplate retirement a whole lot recently)

27) Atlanta- Torrey Smith WR (after roddy white, whos there to make plays? This pass offense had only nine plays of 30-plus yards in 2010.)
28) New England- Gabe Carimi LT
29) Chicago- Anthony Castonzo LT
30) New York Jets- Cameron Heyward DE
31) Pittsburgh- Jonathan Baldwin WR (hines ward is old, mike Wallace has speed, wheres the red zone target? Big ben needs weapons. They can take a OL in the 2nd)

32) Green Bay- Ryan Williams RB

DiG
02-25-2011, 11:16 AM
10) Washington- Prince Amukamara CB (deangelo is old, rogers is a FA, who else is there??)

i dont disagree with the pick but the dhall is old comment made me lol. he just turned 27 recently.

vidae
02-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Paea is a bad fit with KC.

dolfan
02-25-2011, 11:24 AM
sorry i meant he plays old, he can be a bit inconsistent.. a solid starter but he does need his partner on the other side..

for K.c im contemplating STEPHEN PAEA or PHIL TAYLOR.. stephen paea is just a nasty bull rusher.. hes 6'1 311.. not bAD

jrdrylie
02-25-2011, 11:35 AM
Your mock is titled "If the Draft was this Afternoon" yet you call Robert Quinn a "combine winner." If the draft truly was today, we wouldn't know how Quinn did at the combine workouts.

Also, today, neither Ryan Williams nor Rahim Moore are 1st round guys. Maybe if they blow up at the combine, but once again, if the draft was this afternoon like you said, neither would be in the first round.

With that said, I really like the Bears pick. The Jaguar pick isn't too bad, but I'm pretty sure Gene Smith would take Kerrigan over Jordan.

Monomach
02-25-2011, 11:55 AM
sorry i meant he plays old, he can be a bit inconsistent..

This makes no sense. You screwed up and thought Hall was old. Admit it, rather than just saying something stupid.

Bills2083
02-25-2011, 11:59 AM
If we go QB, it's got to be Newton.
IMO, his upside is far greater than Gabbert's

thegreatone
02-25-2011, 12:09 PM
Bad pick for the Ravens. Reed's long rest has seemed to really extend his career, and the Ravens have far bigger needs.

Don Vito
02-25-2011, 12:13 PM
Kerrigan and Carimi would be awesome for the Pats. Applause.

Matthew Jones
02-25-2011, 12:26 PM
I like Carimi, but isn't a great fit for a zone blocking scheme - Anthony Castonzo and Derek Sherrod are much better fits in New England. Mobility to pull for screens and making blocks on the second level are not Carimi's strengths. I wonder if the Patriots would take Aldon Smith over Kerrigan too, although that one is debatable. I think the Patriots will re-sign Matt Light and address the other main needs this year (interior offensive line, defensive end, outside linebacker), then draft a right tackle some time next year, although I could see them drafting a guy like Clint Boling at the end of the second. In terms of fitting New England's recent MO (seniors, team captains, physical players, productive, etc.), something like Kerrigan and Heyward would work very well.

txparkes49x
02-25-2011, 12:47 PM
atta boy thats perfect

wicket
02-25-2011, 06:01 PM
yeah, bailey would make me rage. even though the position makes a whole lot of sense I do really hate bailey in the 4-3 and to boot he is terrible value at that point. give us heyward

thebow305
02-25-2011, 06:44 PM
You know I like that phins pick.

49erNation85
02-25-2011, 08:49 PM
Sexy pick right there for SF!IF pp is there that is our guy!