PDA

View Full Version : Scott's New Mock v2

D-Unit
03-22-2007, 05:08 AM
Needless to say, I'm lovin' the Reggie Nelson pick!!!

Go Away Hamlin!!! I want Reggie!!!!

KILLERSANTA
03-22-2007, 07:53 AM
Round 2 still sucks/Wrong!

FinChase
03-22-2007, 08:49 AM

Yeah, whenever I see that, the mock loses credibility for me.

reigle9
03-22-2007, 08:52 AM
I'm with you D-Unit, 100%.

Every time a new mock comes out, I look at the second round first to see if Crosby is still there. :(

dpl85
03-22-2007, 08:55 AM
I'm not trying to be a smart ass but does Scott know that we re-signed Gramatica to a 2 year deal? I'm pretty sure that would preclude us from drafting a kicker in the 2nd round. Furthermore, Jerry said emphatically after the Vanderjagt fiasco that he'd never spend big money on a kicker again and I think 2nd round would be considered big money for a kicker.

I love the Reggie Nelson pick though.

TNewFan41
03-22-2007, 11:57 AM

Thank you.

DMWSackMachine
03-22-2007, 12:00 PM
Scott refuses to listen to reason. There is no excuse for that kind of bone-head projection.

robert_in_bigd
03-22-2007, 12:30 PM
Scott refuses to listen to reason. There is no excuse for that kind of bone-head projection.

Bone head is a good choice. Stupid another. Jeez.

bigmac076
03-22-2007, 03:19 PM
I really had no idea that there were this many Gramatica fans out there.

D-Unit
03-22-2007, 03:21 PM
I really had no idea that there were this many Gramatica fans out there.
I cross my fingers on every kick. I'm definately not on his jock like some of the others. I think the main issue is spending a 2nd round pick on a kicker.

Im_a_Romosexual
03-22-2007, 03:52 PM
Gramatica is average at best. I will say I was more confident in him than vanderjerk, but there is an obvious need for an upgrade

jetBLACK08
03-22-2007, 04:16 PM
RoundONE pick is EXCELLENT w/ Nelson
RoundTWO pick is HORRIBLE I would rather take Q.Moses or Pitcock
RoundThree pick is good w/ Smith

Idk about you,but that first day is pretty dang impressive

Paul
03-22-2007, 04:27 PM
I like it. Nelson is an obvious excellent decision if we don't pick Hamlin up. Crosby is iffy, but I wouldn't kill myself as others would if we picked him. I would rather see Ikaika Alama-Francis Steve, Ray McDonald or maybe even a CB there though. Smith is soild.

mtmock
03-22-2007, 04:53 PM
i say we draft a guy like medlock in r.5 or 6....he is there for the future and if gramatica cant play up to par...he is very accurate kicking 87% last year and 7-10 40 +...i woul like nelson but i dont know if he'll be there the giants might even take him...r.2 crosby isn't a great pick but i wouldnt throw a fit...we have more dier needs...r.3 smith is fine.

BX
03-22-2007, 05:32 PM
Medlock would be a great value in the 6th. The guy looks good.. but then again, any draft-able kicker looks good.

D-Unit
03-22-2007, 06:39 PM
Medlock sucks

mtmock
03-22-2007, 06:49 PM
Medlock sucks

come on D-Unit stop actin like a kid

D-Unit
03-22-2007, 07:41 PM
come on D-Unit stop actin like a kid
Kids make the best adults!

Metlock does suck however. Just because he won some ESPN contest, doesn't mean we should start riding his jock. He did nothing at UCLA and his combine was very mediocre.

thule
03-22-2007, 11:11 PM
Just for the record we could bring in a kid like Crosby and not be hamstrung by signing Gramatica earlier...Gramatica signed for a min contract...I'm not to worry. I just wonder how true Jerry will be to his word on this one. I would be happy to see Crosby on our team...so I guess this pick doesn't upset me as much as some.

BX
03-22-2007, 11:27 PM
But.. but.. the ESPN contest!

robert_in_bigd
03-23-2007, 08:30 AM
Kids make the best adults!

Metlock does suck however. Just because he won some ESPN contest, doesn't mean we should start riding his jock. He did nothing at UCLA and his combine was very mediocre.

He did win the Groza award. What else can a kicker do in college of note?

BX
03-23-2007, 09:52 AM
You know, since we're talking about kickers, I just wanna address something that's been dogging me since Romo dropped the ball.

Martin Grammatica was in a position to block Babineaux when Romo started running. But he didn't. He barely made any contact whatsoever.

And I know what you guys are going to say. "He's a kicker, not a football player." And that's absolutely correct. But if Martin had any balls, he would have instantly launched himself at the nearest Seahawk when he saw that ball slip through Romo's fingers. Just attacked someone like a feral dog. Like Cujo.

That's what we need. We need a Cujo at kicker. Someone who isn't afraid to actually be a football player every once in a while.

leroyisgod
03-23-2007, 10:02 AM
You know, since we're talking about kickers, I just wanna address something that's been dogging me since Romo dropped the ball.

Martin Grammatica was in a position to block Babineaux when Romo started running. But he didn't. He barely made any contact whatsoever.

And I know what you guys are going to say. "He's a kicker, not a football player." And that's absolutely correct. But if Martin had any balls, he would have instantly launched himself at the nearest Seahawk when he saw that ball slip through Romo's fingers. Just attacked someone like a feral dog. Like Cujo.

That's what we need. We need a Cujo at kicker. Someone who isn't afraid to actually be a football player every once in a while.

Hardly any kickers would've made that block.

BX
03-23-2007, 10:14 AM
He could have at least tried though. Aren't cut blocks legal?

Now that I think about it, it's hard for someone like me to imagine what it must take for a little guy like Martin to make a block on a huge guy like Jordan Barbineaux. I'm 6'7, 260 lbs, so I sometimes just forget that some folks are just way too small for that.

robert_in_bigd
03-23-2007, 10:37 AM
Actually a penalty would have been a god send...... Just take the penalty and re-kick.

dpl85
03-23-2007, 01:06 PM
I don't think anyone here is a fan of Gramatica or any other kicker for that matter but he did go 6-8 and made some really clutch kicks for us after Vanderclank totally bombed. Given the unpredictable inconsistent nature of kickers I'm firmly against drafting one on the first day.

thule
03-23-2007, 10:05 PM
I agree Gramatica did a good job kicking for us...however his kickoffs were lucky to pass the 7 yard line...if our kickoff coverage unit wasn't so good...that could really affect the field position game.