PDA

View Full Version : What Are the Knocks Against Ryan Bartholomew?

JFINK11
02-28-2011, 08:23 AM
I havent watched any of his games and cant find film on him online. He obviously is a pretty good athlete and from my research has no character concerns. So why isnt he more highly regarded? He was productive, albeit in the Big East, and seems to possess arm length and athleticism. What are his weaknessses?

Hoping someone can shed a little light on the topic for me.

rawdawg
02-28-2011, 09:10 AM
One of the weaknesses I read was strength, particularly upper body strength. 34 reps probably put that to rest for the most part. Height and arm length were also to be considered an issue. But just under 34" arms is pretty good, especially for an interior guy. He did measure at only 6'1, which is a tad short for even a C. Most teams like their Cs to be 6'2" to 6'3", if not taller.

He did have a pretty poor EW Shine game by all accounts, where it looked like he was overpowered quite often. So, I don't think his stock will jump that much because there is clear evidence of his strength in pads vs. shorts. But I think he can be an NFL center. Someone will pick him in the 6th round or so and let him develop.

Shane P. Hallam
02-28-2011, 09:11 AM
He has massive trouble with getting the right leverage as well, thus why he gets overpowered despite having strength. Technique was sloppy all season, and it was exposed in the Shrine Game.

JFINK11
03-01-2011, 07:42 AM
Thanks for the feedback. He obviously tested real well and was not a terrible player for Syracuse so I was just trying to get a better feel for him as a prospect.

JoeJoeBrown
03-01-2011, 07:43 AM
Also, his name is unwieldy.