PDA

View Full Version : Can Someone Give Me a Quick Summary of the Combine?

Gay Ork Wang
02-28-2011, 04:21 PM
This year it was kinda hard for me to follow the combine, so i wondered if someone could give me the biggest, most important things that happened. People who improved their stock, people who fell.

I heart Julio ran extremely well, someone broke the bench press record and someone the dl 40 time and that Newton failed.

Rep is gonna come your way :)

Sniper
02-28-2011, 04:22 PM
J.J. Watt and Julio Jones raped everybody. That is all.

TACKLE
02-28-2011, 04:23 PM
Hope this helps.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers#year=2011&workout=FORTY_YARD_DASH&position=QB-RB-WR-TE-S-DL-LB-CB-OL-SPEC

Click on the drills you want. Then click on the position to un-select it (so if you want just one position you have to click on all but that one) then hit submit.

Babylon
02-28-2011, 04:43 PM
Tyron Smith, came in with 29 reps and 36" sleeves, didnt do much else but probably establised himself as a top 2 tackle.

Anthong Castonzo, tall guy at close to 6-7 and looks like he carries his weight well with plenty of room to add more. Good enough athlete that a case can be made as the top tackle and a probably top 10 pick.

Julio Jones, blew things up in the 40, 4.39. Looked more explosive i thought than A.J. Green in some areas but probably doesnt use his hands as well or break routes off like you would like.

A.J. Green, ran a little slower than expected at a high 4.4 and had a 34" vertical i think, my take watching the two receivers is Green probably has better hands and goes up for the ball better but Jones is the quicker player.

Cam Newton, had a lot to lose by working out, which i give him credit for, and i think he did. Was as expected in the drills with a 4.58 40, 10'6" jump and 35" vertical. He didnt throw the ball well, seemed like some of the differant things they wanted him to do he wasnt comfortable with and it surprised him. I cant say i have the ability to know where his heads at but a circus seems to follow this guy around.

Jake Locker, probably did more to rehab his image this weekend than anyone else here. His maturity in front of a camera is refreshing. He ran an unofficial 4.52 (twice), 35" vert and was the best of the top QBs in the shuttle and 3-cone. His accuracy was very good and even had AJ green saying he was the best of the group he was in which included Ryan Mallett.

Cam Jordan, dont have the recent numbers from today but i believe he was running high 4.7, with his size and strength he seems a lock for a top dozen pick.

JJ Watt had a great day. 4.8 40, 34 reps, 37" vert....he doesnt have what you'd call a superstar's first step but he should be near a top 10 or 12 pick based off what he's showing out there.

Robert Quinn looked a little less like Superman based on what everyone was saying. he had about a 4.8 40 and looked a little sluggish but hard to say if he's totally in shape based on being off for a year.

Marcel Dareus, 4.9 forty at around 320 lbs. He looks like an inside guy to me and depending on what QBs go early to me he could be someone that falls a little but not too far.

Just a few thoughts.

Don Vito
02-28-2011, 05:11 PM
J.J. Watt and Julio Jones raped everybody. That is all.

That would be my summary but you had one omission. You missed the fact that Mark Ingram will probably go undrafted because he ran a 4.58.

Oh and this year's QB's and D-linemen are crazy athletic.

descendency
02-28-2011, 05:41 PM
People ran fast. They lifted weights. They ran around in shorts, jumped, and danced.

The end.

gpngc
02-28-2011, 05:43 PM
No one blocked or tackled.

gpngc
02-28-2011, 05:44 PM
Ryan Mallett had a temper tantrum.

Then proceeded to throw a football over dem mountains.

cajuncorey
02-28-2011, 07:28 PM
marvin austin is shooting up draft boards as is justin houston.

dontay moch and von miller performed well as expected

descendency
02-28-2011, 07:42 PM
marvin austin is shooting up draft boards as is justin houston.

Houston may be shooting down boards in some cases.

He was stiff. He will need to show he isn't stiff in coverage to be taken by a 34 team.

Scott Wright
02-28-2011, 08:34 PM
I would recommend this link: http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/ScoutingCombine/Buzz.php

LizardState
02-28-2011, 08:36 PM
Gabbert didn't throw.

McElroy posted a 48 on his Wunderlic, 1 point off the rcd. high score.

Mallett had a hissyfit in his media interview then had the biggest arm in the Combine & the Draft

Saints-Tigers
02-28-2011, 08:39 PM
I would recommend this link: http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/ScoutingCombine/Buzz.php

Spammer!!!!!

brasho
02-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Gabbert didn't throw.

Mallett had a hissyfit in his media interview then had the biggest arm in the Combine & the Draft

Actually, according to the radar gun, he had the 2nd biggest arm behind Colin Kaepernick. 59 mph to 58 mph. Newton was 3rd with 56 mph.

descendency
02-28-2011, 10:23 PM

McElroy was 2 points from tying record (50 is the max).

The wonderlic is a 50 point test. It is rumored that 1 person has scored max (Pat McInally - Harvard U). It was rumored that Fitzpatrick got a 50 (in 9 minutes none the less) as well, but he said he left one blank. (could be lying for modesty reasons)

BRAVEHEART
02-28-2011, 11:20 PM
No one blocked or tackled.

Sounds like a USC game.

Babylon
02-28-2011, 11:36 PM
Sounds like a USC game.

Against the UW.