PDA

View Full Version : Julio Jones to Require Foot Surgery

BeerBaron
02-28-2011, 08:14 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/28/report-julio-jones-will-require-foot-surgery/

Unfortunate...doubt it hurts him too much though. I didn't have him as a top 10 pick after the combine because I still had him behind Green and couldn't buy 2 WRs going in the top 10 anyway.

Halsey
02-28-2011, 08:15 PM
No way he should go in the first 26 picks now. NFL teams, beware.

BeerBaron
02-28-2011, 08:16 PM

Unless there's sarcasm in there....wow.

And I thought I'd be accused of being a hater for not having him in my top 10. Jones can be a touchy subject around here I've noticed.

LizardState
02-28-2011, 08:20 PM

Uhhh, not go in the 1st 26 picks.....

He ran a 4.39 on a broken foot.

Got 199 receiving yds. vs. the NC team with the same pre-existing condition.

Somehow I don't think this isn't going to make any of the 2-3 (ahhhh-hem, Cleveland) teams who fell in love with him after his workout fall out of love with him.

jrdrylie
02-28-2011, 08:22 PM
Atlanta has the 27th pick. Obviously he wants Jones on the Falcons.

BeerBaron
02-28-2011, 08:23 PM
Uhhh, not go in the 1st 26 picks.....

He ran a 4.39 on a broken foot.

Got 199 receiving yds. vs. the NC team with the same pre-existing condition.

Somehow I don't think this isn't going to make any of the 2-3 (ahhhh-hem, Cleveland) teams who fell in love with him after his workout fall out of love with him.

I don't think Cleveland takes a WR if any of Fairley, Dareus, Bowers or Quinn is available. As bad as their WR may look, their front 7 is far worse. Outside of Aytba Rubin, I don't think they have another guy who would realistically start on another team.

So if they pass, and Cincy takes a non-WR (Cam Newton,) I could see no WR going in the top 10, including Green, without a team trading up.

CashmoneyDrew
02-28-2011, 08:34 PM
Fix your sarcasm detectors gentlemen.

descendency
02-28-2011, 10:24 PM
Unless there's sarcasm in there....wow.

And I thought I'd be accused of being a hater for not having him in my top 10. Jones can be a touchy subject around here I've noticed.

I think the Falcons are picking 27 ;)

edit: I personally guarantee he will be the 28th pick in the draft.

bitonti
03-01-2011, 09:45 AM
I don't think Cleveland takes a WR if any of Fairley, Dareus, Bowers or Quinn is available. As bad as their WR may look, their front 7 is far worse. Outside of Aytba Rubin, I don't think they have another guy who would realistically start on another team.

So if they pass, and Cincy takes a non-WR (Cam Newton,) I could see no WR going in the top 10, including Green, without a team trading up.

these are good points and I could see 1 of the WR dropping to 11 where Houston would have to pounce...

but Cleveland can get a DL in round 2 they cannot find a Julio Jones in round 2. He fits perfectly in that scheme, especially run blocking for payton hillis.