PDA

View Full Version : Scott's New Mock

DraftMichaelHuff
03-22-2007, 06:38 AM
that is one of the best falcons mock drafts i have ever seen for any year... nearly exactly what i am currently hoping for

#8 Jamal Anderson (fits need & BPA)

#39 Brendan Merriweather (better pure FS fit than landry & BPA character issue are enough to make him fall but are not enough to worry about)

#44 Justin Blaylock (similiar movement to Levi Brown, stronger and the same starting exp but 34 picks later BPA AND a need)

#76 Michael Bush (need and BPA maybe Tony Hunt with the health issues

Then maybe QUINN OKINYAKA steps up??

DraftMichaelHuff
03-22-2007, 06:44 AM
Sorry D-Rod didnt see that you replied to the mock in the "scotts thoughts thread".

Merriweather had a fight backing up his team mates after a kicker was taken out by a 300lb lineman "heat of battle" - his likely and very believable defence

His other issue was that he shot his own "licenced gun"- at someone who was shoting at a friend- He is hardly pac man jones.

He is a perfect fit, he shone at the senior bowl in drills as a CB AND A FS and picking him would make the Jimmy Williams issue redundant...at least until camp where the coaches can trial both at both AND we could get a top tier DE with size/power and speed and a FS who is better at covering the deepball than Landry but who is still a servicable tackler, his only loss is size and leadership but we have lawyer

georgiafan
03-22-2007, 08:30 AM
I would rather get Brown in round 1 and then charles Johnson in round 2

Vickissick07
03-22-2007, 09:54 AM
If we get Bush in the 3rd round after news of another surgery I will be upset.

iloxygenil
03-22-2007, 10:05 AM
I would rather get Samson in round 3 instead of Michael Bush

D-Rod
03-22-2007, 10:13 AM
i'm pretty sure that the Bush pick was before the news that he definitely wouldn't run before the draft.

after that, he may well last til the 5th. However, given that we are expected to have three 4th rounders, I'd fully expect McKay to allow Petrino to take a flyer on his boy with one of the 4th rounders.

Even if he has to sit 2007, he could still come back as an excellent complement to Norwood in 2008. And worst case scenario, he never plays; it's only one 4th rounder wasted. The win/lose ratio is massively in his favour in the 4th.

iloxygenil
03-22-2007, 10:23 AM
If he is our comp 4th pick I won't cry...

Vickissick07
03-22-2007, 10:24 AM
4th or 5th for Bush wouldn't be too bad. Anywhere on day 1 and I will rage though.

iloxygenil
03-22-2007, 10:33 AM
Yeah...anything earlier than our comp pick in the 4th and I won't be happy. If he is selected before Courtney Brown it will upset me.

DraftMichaelHuff
03-22-2007, 05:10 PM
What are the chance that Justin Blaylock could continue to be a tackle instead of a OG for the falcons if we pick him at #44? leaving us with

LT Justin Blaylock Quinn Okinyaka
LG Tonui Fotinu Kyle Young (4th round guy)
C Todd Mclure Kyle Young (4th round guy)
RG Kyan Forney Tyson Clabo
RT Todd Weiner Frank Ominyale

thefalconer
03-22-2007, 05:34 PM
What are the chance that Justin Blaylock could continue to be a tackle instead of a OG for the falcons if we pick him at #44? leaving us with

LT Justin Blaylock Quinn Okinyaka
LG Tonui Fotinu Kyle Young (4th round guy)
C Todd Mclure Kyle Young (4th round guy)
RG Kyan Forney Tyson Clabo
RT Todd Weiner Frank Ominyale

i would be satisfied with that line.

d34ng3l021
03-22-2007, 07:26 PM
Fotinu is not starting material. Not yet at least.

Draft King
03-22-2007, 07:34 PM
This may be as close to best cast scenario we can get, love this mock throughout, and whether or not some fans here like Michael Bush, he's a top 20 talent dropping to the 3rd round who happened to be coached under Bobby Petrino at Louisville.

iloxygenil
03-22-2007, 09:17 PM
I am really a fan of Brandon Frye from Va Tech and I think we need to get him. If he's there in the fourth he will be a STEAL because he will be a starter for this team day 1.

D-Rod
03-23-2007, 04:59 AM
blaylock is NOT a LT. if he had to play RT in college, there is no way he could handle the speed rushers in the NFL. LT is not Vick's blindside, but he would still be matching up against the RDE speedrushers. There's a reason Blaylock is being projected at guard: he just doesn't have the quick feet to handle the tackle position in the NFL.

that said, he'd make an outstanding guard, and actually a lot of our pass protection issues come from pressure through the middle, so he would help our pass protection as well as our run game.