PDA

View Full Version : Salary Cap

bigfanga
03-22-2007, 07:12 AM
I got to thinking about this last night and still am not clear on it; how much cap space does the team have now? I know they were sitting at $8mil under before the free agency period started. They've unloaded Schaub's 2.3mil and also no longer have Kerney but I don't know if his loss was factored into that original $8mil number. They've also got rid of Hartwell & Reese but I don't know what the cap impact of those moves was.

What I'm getting at is that the team's draft picks will be determined by who they can afford to sign. When you think about that it does make you wonder who the team sees as a viable & signable draft pick.

iloxygenil
03-22-2007, 10:06 AM
Right now Hartwell is still on the books and so is Reese, as well as Lehr. Those contracts will come off, I just can't remember when, but it will be before the season starts I believe. We have enough cap room to do whatever we need to do signing draft picks.

Vickissick07
03-22-2007, 10:24 AM
Right now Hartwell is still on the books and so is Reese, as well as Lehr. Those contracts will come off, I just can't remember when, but it will be before the season starts I believe. We have enough cap room to do whatever we need to do signing draft picks.

Believe they come off June 3rd.

iloxygenil
03-22-2007, 10:32 AM
You're prolly right...I just am not sure of the exact date...we'll be fine...there is like a rookie cap inside the salary cap

bigfanga
03-22-2007, 11:35 AM
Yeah, I forgot to factor in Lehr's being cut and also what are the cap implications of letting Griffith go.

I'm not so worried about $$ now, especially when thinking about some of the guys likely to be let go after the draft (like Webster & Rossum).

iloxygenil
03-22-2007, 11:52 AM
There are no implications of letting Griffith go...he wasn't under contract with us.