PDA

View Full Version : Rahim Moore?

foozball
03-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Where does he go now after an underwhelming combine? Great ballskills, but not much more. I think he falls to the 3rd.

brasho
03-02-2011, 06:16 PM
He timed 4.62, that isn't much different than most expected (4.55)... what else did he need to show at the combine? He was never touted as a great athlete, I think he at least proved that he is not a bad athlete and showed good change of direction in the drills.

ToldLikeItIs
03-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Where is Sash ranked in this class?

Big_Pete
03-02-2011, 07:18 PM
Where is Sash ranked in this class?

Probably 3rd round value at present

Bostonblows91
03-03-2011, 12:03 AM
Where does he go now after an underwhelming combine? Great ballskills, but not much more. I think he falls to the 3rd.

i actually thought he looked really good in the drills, he looked more like a CB in the drills than most of the CB's, probably one of the best backpedals there IMO.

PossibleCabbage
03-03-2011, 12:07 AM
The safety class this year as a whole is so terrible that guys are #1, #2, and #3 sort of by default and will end up getting overdrafted. In an average year for safeties, there's no way a guy like Moore would go in the first, but he might creep up in there just because he's the top guy at the position and safety is an increasingly relevant position in the modern NFL.

GoRavens
03-03-2011, 12:09 AM
not sure he slips all the way to the 3rd.
too many teams are safety needy
and besides, he's got fantastic potential/talent

PossibleCabbage
03-03-2011, 12:25 AM
not sure he slips all the way to the 3rd.
too many teams are safety needy
and besides, he's got fantastic potential/talent

Well, if Taylor Mays can fall to the second and Morgan Burnett can fall to the third, I think that Rahim Moore can fall that far too. Both Mays and Burnett are more talented/higher ceiling than Moore, IMO. It's just a terrible year for safeties , and the first team who really, really thinks they need one will probably take Moore wherever they think it's reasonable. My guess would be Jacksonville in the 2nd.

M.O.T.H.
03-03-2011, 02:06 AM
He actually performed great in drills. His physical skills werent amazing, but he showed excellent fluidity, very quick feet, good balls skills, and loose hips in all the drills. He was far and away the best safety on that field. He didnt hurt himself at all.

His measurements weren't gaudy throughout...but he still managed the 5th best short shuttle at the combine and one of the better vertical measurements among the safeties. Those are some nice measurements that help measure change of direction, hip flexibility, burst, and explosiveness. And those high measurements certainly transferred over to his performance in live drills. There are faster players, but Moore is about as natural as it gets back there.

A lot of scouts are mixed on him...While some have him as a fringe 1st round guy, others have him as a 3rd round grade. That said, in a horrible safety class he can go higher than some think.

rawdawg
03-03-2011, 09:05 AM
Yeah, Moore had a very solid combine. One thing to note is that the Steelers have interviewed Carnell Lake for DB coach. Lake was Moore's DB coach at UCLA in 2009 when he had 10 INTs. There's a possibility with the Steelers, maybe in the 1st, because I don't see him falling, even to #63.

Jakey
03-03-2011, 09:21 AM
Yeah, Moore had a very solid combine. One thing to note is that the Steelers have interviewed Carnell Lake for DB coach. Lake was Moore's DB coach at UCLA in 2009 when he had 10 INTs. There's a possibility with the Steelers, maybe in the 1st, because I don't see him falling, even to #63.

This is definitely a possibility. Good info!

proshoota25
03-03-2011, 11:04 AM
hes going to go late first/second.... third round talk is dumb. guy is the clear #1 at his position, and due to this.... some team will take him early. its not rocket science... especially in a day in age when safeties are real important.

FloridaFootball1
03-03-2011, 11:28 AM
His combine was really good, there's no way he falls out of the 2nd.

killxswitch
03-03-2011, 11:45 AM
Who is the best run supporting strong safety in this draft? Moore seems like more of a coverage guy.

Jakey
03-03-2011, 12:01 PM
Who is the best run supporting strong safety in this draft? Moore seems like more of a coverage guy.

Tyler Sash?

killxswitch
03-03-2011, 12:11 PM
Tyler Sash?

Perfect. Bill Polian loves white guys. I kind of thought he was but I'm pretty ignorant of the safety class this year in general.

Big Bird
03-03-2011, 12:12 PM
Moore still belongs in the 2nd. He knows how to play the game when it's time to suit up. And honestly, he's underrated as a run defender. Is he great? No. But the guy flies up against the run.

Clarkw267
03-03-2011, 02:14 PM
I think Moore should go right around where Nate Allen went last year. Early to mid 2nd.

I wouldn't mind him as a consolation prize for the Lions if there isn't a value at CB available in the 2nd. Moore and Delmas would be a nice pair of Safeties.

jacko
03-03-2011, 08:20 PM
He will not fall past Houston in the 2nd. I would actually be surprised if he was still there for Houston with Dallas and Denver picking ahead of them.

DBNYDP
03-04-2011, 02:36 AM
Lefeged is really good against the run.

SolidGold
03-04-2011, 07:38 AM
It sucks Bob Sanders couldn't stay healthy, Sanders and Sash would of been a great pair of safeties for the Colts along with Angerer playing LB.

I think Polian will have a Big Ten draft this year. Carimi/Sash are both guys I could see the Colts going after in rounder 1/2.