PDA

View Full Version : Cameron Heyward's stock is a mystery to me.

SenorGato
03-02-2011, 06:08 PM
Does this mean he'll last to 30?

When's the OSU pro day?

keylime_5
03-02-2011, 06:10 PM
Pro Day is March 11. I don't know if he'll be ready by then, but I heard he'll workout before the draft.

FUNBUNCHER
03-02-2011, 06:11 PM
Bet he goes top 15.

He's right there with Watt, Jordan, Fairley and Dareus IMO.

SenorGato
03-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Bet he goes top 15.

He is but I'm hoping all the silence is due to people forgetting that.

cajuncorey
03-02-2011, 08:38 PM
yeah hes gonna be a steal for someone

TNPatsFan
03-02-2011, 11:29 PM
I like Heyward over Watt. I like Watt over Jordan. I like Jordan over Wilkerson. I like Dareus over everybody.

ElectricEye
03-02-2011, 11:32 PM
I still really like Heyward, but he's hurt by not being the same caliber of athlete as Jordan and Watt. For a team looking for a classic five technique, he's the real deal. Probably will go much lower than he should in the end.

GoRavens
03-03-2011, 12:12 AM
JJ Watt > Heyward = Motor/Production/Versatility.
Cam Jordan > Heyward = Better moves/power/Hands.
Dareus > Heyward = more consistent/power.

kalbears13
03-03-2011, 12:23 AM
I like Heyward over Watt. I like Watt over Jordan. I like Jordan over Wilkerson. I like Dareus over everybody.

JJ Watt > Heyward = Motor/Production/Versatility.
Cam Jordan > Heyward = Better moves/power/Hands.
Dareus > Heyward = more consistent/power.

I feel like there were a hundred better ways to convey what you were trying to say. Can you clarify please?

descendency
03-03-2011, 01:11 AM
Heyward is a great 5-tech prospect*

*when his motor is running.

RWills
03-03-2011, 07:30 AM
He will rise as the draft comes closer. 4-years, plays big in big games, bloodlines, heard he came off really well in interviews, has great size. These guys always seem to go, I still expect Jordan, Dareus and Watt taken before him though....still I have him pegged for the Pats, just seems like a BB pick

bigbluedefense
03-03-2011, 08:01 AM
I'm a big fan. He's not even the best fit at UT in our scheme, but I would still be thrilled if we took him and threw him in that role along our dline.

rawdawg
03-03-2011, 10:59 AM
Not a fan of Heyward. Carimi manhandled him. He is CLEARLY behind Watt and Jordan to me. I'd also take Wilkerson ahead of him. He's not even in the same conversation as Fairley and Dareus.

SenorGato
03-03-2011, 12:18 PM
When did the motor knocks start? Last thing I'm worried about is this guy playing hard...I'd take him over Watt and I have him juuuuuuuuuuust a tad bit behind Jordan, who is just a better athlete.

Razor
03-03-2011, 12:34 PM
When did the motor knocks start? Last thing I'm worried about is this guy playing hard...I'd take him over Watt and I have him juuuuuuuuuuust a tad bit behind Jordan, who is just a better athlete.

I wasn't impressed with him during the season. He didn't live up to the hype at all and disappeared from games. He really turned it on in the Sugar Bowl. My biggest concern is consistency. I don't see it from him which scares me. If he can't motivate himself to play at the level which he is capable of in each and every college game (which is basically a job interview) I can't see him doing it once he gets his first NFL paycheck.

bitonti
03-03-2011, 12:45 PM
Not a fan of Heyward. I'd also take Wilkerson ahead of him.

Muhammed Wilkerson is a great prospect but check his stats all of his sack production comes against terrible teams like Kent St and Army. Heyward at least has been knocking heads in the big 10.

I think his stock is anywhere from 16-30, mid-late round 1. Don't underestimate the effect of bloodlines, the fact that his dad was a tough and famous NFL player will boost him.

ElectricEye
03-03-2011, 01:23 PM
Muhammed Wilkerson is a great prospect but check his stats all of his sack production comes against terrible teams like Kent St and Army. Heyward at least has been knocking heads in the big 10.

Sacks really don't mean much for a five technique. It's nice, but against good competition you don't expect them. He was VERY disruptive against Temple and it shows on the tape.

brat316
03-03-2011, 01:47 PM
Sacks really don't mean much for a five technique. It's nice, but against good competition you don't expect them. He was VERY disruptive against Temple and it shows on the tape.

wait, whaattt?

P-L
03-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Heyward was a massive disappointment this year. Between the Miami game and the Sugar Bowl he only had a couple of good games and was pretty non-existent in the rest. I don't know if his motor is to blame, but he was ridiculously inconsistent on a game-to-game basis this past season. As a fan of a rival Big Ten team, I know what Heyward can do and he didn't do it nearly enough as a senior. He's nowhere near the prospect that he was preseason. Late 1st or early 2nd round pick in my opinion.

Marcell Dareus, Nick Fairley, J.J. Watt, Cameron Jordan, and Robert Quinn are all a league ahead of him as a prospect. There is basically no chance he goes in the top 15. He's on the same level as Christian Ballard and probably just ahead of Muhammed Wilkerson as a prospect. Ultimately, I think he comes off the board somewhere between 26 and 32; but I won't at all be surprised if he goes in the beginning of the 2nd round.

cajuncorey
03-03-2011, 02:45 PM

like in practice?

Iamcanadian
03-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Bet he goes top 15.

I expect him to run as 5.0 40 which hardly would place him in their company. He cannot rush the passer and I see him moving inside to DT at the next level. He's a good run stuffer but not much else.

badgerbacker
03-03-2011, 03:36 PM
I'd love the Packers to grab him if he lasts until them

ATLDirtyBirds
03-03-2011, 03:59 PM
I've had him going to the Pats in my head for a little while now. It's a nice fit.

ElectricEye
03-03-2011, 05:18 PM
Meant Penn State, sorry guys. Was looking at the box and simply typed the wrong team.

I've had him going to the Pats in my head for a little while now. It's a nice fit.

It well could be. He's got an NFL body and is ready to contribute right away, which is always a plus for us.

descendency
03-03-2011, 05:37 PM
It well could be. He's got an NFL body and is ready to contribute right away, which is always a plus for us.

I don't know how Belichick will treat pick 33, but typically first rounders have to be immediate 3 down starters (or at least immediate starters with 3+ down potential). Do you really see Heyward in on passing downs?

ElectricEye
03-03-2011, 05:41 PM
I don't know how Belichick will treat pick 33, but typically first rounders have to be immediate 3 down starters (or at least immediate starters with 3+ down potential). Do you really see Heyward in on passing downs?

I was referring to Wilkerson is that post.

As far as Heyward goes, yeah, I can see him being in on passing downs when we're in our base package. That's rarely the case, but I think he could do it just fine provided he maintains gap integrity and we find a guy who can finish on the outside. He's not a guy who is going to solve third down by himself, but well could be a piece of the puzzle to to eventually solving it. I would prefer Watt or Jordan over him because of the athleticism factor, but he's right there with Wilkerson for me in that second tier of five techniques.

SenorGato
03-03-2011, 07:11 PM
Heyward's a better prospect than Ballard IMO. I've been saying for a while now that he's been underrated through this whole thing. I think the overall player is one of the best players in this draft, and arguably the best pure 3-4 DE prospect after Dareus (who might be a better, as in epic, UT) and Jordan. That's also known as being the 3rd best 3-4 DE prospect in the draft, and it's probably 4th since I forgot Fairley.