PDA

View Full Version : Post combine Mock v3

IndyFan-in-Minneapolis
03-03-2011, 09:44 AM
1 CAR Da’Quan Bowers DE Clemson They have been looking for a replacement for Peppers and Bowers is quick and a ball hawk of an end
2 DEN Robert Quinn DE North Carolina They need some speed on the outside of a dismal D-Line.
3 BUF AJ Green WR Georgia While the new thoughts say Gabbert here I think that the bigger issue is that Lee Evans hasn’t been productive and Steve Johnson has only had one good year.
4 CIN Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri They have to get something here and while I think Mallett is a better option Gabbert is getting a lot of pub right now.Oh and Palmer is demanding a trade or he says he will retire. Gabbert a great option for them now.
5 ARI Von Miller LB Texas A&M What a freak a stud at the Senior Bowl and combine. Wisenhunt would be crazy to pass him up.
6 CLE CB Patrick Patterson Simply Value here and a great athlete a little surprised he falls this far but with all the needs the Browns get another good corner.
7 S.F Marcel Dareus DT Alabama Great combine vaulted him in front of Fairly in my book..
8 TEN Nick Fairley DT Auburn A good not great combine and one year of production lands him after Dareus
9 DAL Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska They need some DB’s in the NFC East and Amukamara is a great one.
10 WAS Cam Newton QB Auburn Shanahan can’t pass up “the Icon” here
11 HOU Aldon Smith LB/DE Missourui A versatile player with some major upside and could add to their young linebacking core or be used as a quick edge rusher.
12 MIN Nate Solder OT Colorado Tested well and they could use a great tackle to protect whatever Qb they run out ther this year.
13 DET Akeem Ayers LB UCLA They could add some speed here and get a great player that didn’t test well.
14 STL Julio Jones WR Alabama Amendola was Bradfords top target no more explanation needed.Oh and what a combine on a broken ankle WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!
15 MIA Mark Ingram Don’t agree with the franchise thoughts but they say they need a back and he is a good one.
16 JAC J.J Watt DE Wisconsin Looks like Watt is the fast climber in the group and would be a good fit in J’ville
17 N.E Dontay Moch OLB/DE Nevada This is a Belicheck player he has great speed and has come relatively out of nowhere. May be a reach but three years from now we will be calling him a genius again.
18 S.D Rahim Moore S UCLA They need a receiver but a big reach here for hats left. Moore is the best safety in the draft and could help a mediocre secondary.
19. NYG Anthony Costanzo OT Boston College Kid is good and Eli could use some help at tackle and the guys in the middle (Diehl and crew) would be great teachers for him.
20 T.B. Adrian Clayborn DE Iowa Great motor and good work ethic from the Ferentz school of hard work. Great fit for Morris and the young Bucs.
21 K.C Cameron Jordan DE California They need some speed on the line and didn’t seem to have much help for Dorsey this year up there.
22 IND Stephen Paea DT Oregon State Was a freak on the west coast but as usual no one saw him, that is until 49 reps at the combine. Big kid great motor for a big man and a great help to Feeney and Mathis.
23 PHI Jimmy Smith CB Miami Tall corner who needs some character work but has a lot of upside.
24 N.O Justin Houston OLB Georgia He is a fast big linebacker that could be an end. Ne Orleans needs some D-line and LB help and he is a big kid
25 SEA Phil Taylor DT Baylor A little high here but he could fill a need at DT.
26 ATL Tyron Smith OT USC Line help and running help for the Falcons could be a great pick for them here.
27 N.E Mike Leshoure RB Illinois We all know that the la firm isn’t the long term solution and this bruiser from the big ten fits Belicheck here.
28 BAL Brandon Harris CB Miami Fl. Baltimore is getting a little long in the tooth on defense and could use some young guys to step in. Plus he is from the U.
29 NYJ – Muhammed Wilkerson DT Temple A great player at a small school and he is from the east coast so Rex has had a chance to see him.
30 CHI Torrey Smith WR Maryland They need a Receiver bad and the speed and ball skills that Smith has puts him above Baldwin
31 PIT Benjamin Ijalana OT Villanova A big east coast Tackle and a gritty player. Good fit for the Steelers.
32 G.B Mike Pouncey C/G Florida They could really use some interior O-line help. Theirs are getting old or just simply not producing.

T-RICH49
03-03-2011, 09:47 AM
Cam Jordan is a very intriguing pick.can't complain

vidae
03-03-2011, 09:57 AM
Phil Taylor would be a much better pick. We can't give up on Jackson already and NT is a much bigger need than DE.

prock
03-03-2011, 10:09 AM
I don't like Solder that high in the draft.

BradysKnee
03-03-2011, 10:10 AM
One of the worst pats mocks I've seen.

Moch is a major major reach.
We don't need a 1st or 2nd round RB.

SimonRath
03-03-2011, 10:14 AM
spaces between picks is greatly appreciated.

proshoota25
03-03-2011, 10:24 AM
One of the worst pats mocks I've seen.

Moch is a major major reach.
We don't need a 1st or 2nd round RB.

lmao agree..... not only is moch a reach, he doesnt fit the BB mold of an OLB. Hes a 3rd round prospect. I like Leshoure, but I would only draft him in round 2... we have more pressing needs

rawdawg
03-03-2011, 11:15 AM
Your reasoning for some of the picks is off.

Carolina hasn't been "looking for a replacement for Peppers". They only played 2010 without him, and Charles Johnson stepped in with 12 sacks. Granted he is a FA, but your reasoning doesn't exactly say that.

Say that Steve Johnson has only had 1 good year....well, he has only played 3. He was a 7th round pick. And his "1 good year" was last year. It's not like he was good 2 years ago and has failed to repeat it. They aren't picking a WR 3rd.

Oh and Julio's foot (not ankle) was broken. Jimmy Smith went to Colorado, not Miami.

wicket
03-03-2011, 02:21 PM
honestly im struggling to see a fit for houston in the saints defense but he is a good player and fills a general need in passrush so i dont like the pick but I agree with the sentiment

just reacted to the exact same pick and situation in another mock

akvikefan89
03-03-2011, 02:29 PM
That is a horrendous Vikings pick.

marshallb
03-03-2011, 02:44 PM
I don't like Solder that high, but I'm a fan of taking an OT as McKinnie is not what he once was and he was never much of a pass protector. I also prefer Carimi to Solder and think the team would as well since Carimi is a far superior run blocker and Frazier has said that he wants to have a power run based offense.

Pat Sims 90
03-03-2011, 02:45 PM
The Bengals will prolly not take a QB with the 4th pick.

coordinator0
03-03-2011, 03:09 PM
Stop with the players being from Miami reasoning in the mocks please. The Ravens have drafted a whole 5 players from "The U", and they are Ray Lewis, Duane Starks, Richard Mercier, Ed Reed, and Tavares Gooden. Outside of Lewis and Reed there isn't much to speak of. The myth of the Ravens preferring Hurricanes needs to be crushed! /endrant

Anyways, like I've said in other mocks I'm not sure about Harris for the Ravens. He's too small to help us covering the receivers that give us trouble, but his value at our pick would be good.

TNPatsFan
03-03-2011, 03:48 PM
17 N.E Dontay Moch OLB/DE Nevada This is a Belicheck player he has great speed and has come relatively out of nowhere. How does having great speed and coming relatively out of nowhere make him a Belichick player? May be a reach Now that's the understatement of the year. A three or four rounds reach. but three years from now we will be calling him a genius again.

This is probably the unlikeliest pick you could possibly mock to the Pats.

I do like the easy-to-read format though. /sarc

bucsti25
03-03-2011, 03:54 PM
Jordan or Houston over Clayborn....

T-RICH49
03-03-2011, 04:42 PM
Phil Taylor would be a much better pick. We can't give up on Jackson already and NT is a much bigger need than DE.

oh yes we can.Jackson was a horrible pick then and he's not done anything to prove that wrong

49erNation85
03-03-2011, 09:03 PM
Descent 9ers pick.Tho I think we will go CB or DE,however,Dareus could play DE I think too.

IndyFan-in-Minneapolis
03-04-2011, 12:36 AM
17 N.E Dontay Moch OLB/DE Nevada This is a Belicheck player he has great speed and has come relatively out of nowhere. How does having great speed and coming relatively out of nowhere make him a Belichick player? May be a reach Now that's the understatement of the year. A three or four rounds reach. but three years from now we will be calling him a genius again.

This is probably the unlikeliest pick you could possibly mock to the Pats.

I do like the easy-to-read format though. /sarc

Ya there are some things that could be fixed and made better to read I agree. I will color code it and give you happy flowers next time lol. As far as Belicheck pick can anyone say Jerod mayo was considered a reach but a good pick and McCourty may have been one of the biggest reaches in the draft. He played well. My point is that Belicheck makes good decisions and takes players earlier than he should but usually gets great production out of them. I appreciate that you dont agree but am a little confused with why you cant't understand my football logic and statements.

thebow305
03-04-2011, 12:41 AM
Nice Phins pick