PDA

View Full Version : Mock v2

DiG
03-03-2011, 11:35 AM
Finished updating my positional rankings and the first round of my mock draft this morning. Going to spend the next few days doing a 2nd and 3rd round. No trades in this mock so a few players fall a little more than I expect come draft day. Will gladly discuss any pick.

1. Carolina Panthers - Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
2. Denver Broncos - Marcel Dareus, DL, Alabama
3. Buffalo Bills - Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
4. Cincinnati Bengals - Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
5. Arizona Cardinals - Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M
6. Cleveland Browns - Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
7. San Francisco 49ers - Prince Amukumura, CB, Neb
8. Tennessee Titans - Jake Locker, QB, Washington
9. Dallas Cowboys - Robert Quinn, OLB, UNC
10. Washington Redskins - AJ Green, WR, Georgia
11. Houston Texans - JJ Watt, DE, Wisconsin
12. Minnesota Vikings - Da'quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
13. Detroit Lions - Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
14. St. Louis Rams - Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
15. Miami Dolphins - Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
16. Jacksonville Jaguars - Brandon Harris, CB, Miami
17. New England via Oak - Cameron Jordan, DE, Cal
18. San Diego Chargers - Tyron Smith, OT, USC
19. New York Giants - Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri
21. Kansas City Chiefs - Ryan Kerrigan, OLB, Purdue
22. Indianapolis Colts - Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois
23. Philadelphia Eagles - Anthony Costanzo, OT, Boston College
24. New Orleans Saints - Justin Houston, OLB, Georgia
25. Seattle Seahawks - Christian Ponder, QB, Florida State
26. Baltimore Ravens - Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA
27. Atlanta Falcons - Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland
28. New England Patriots - Steven Wisniewski, OG/C, Penn State
29. Chicago Bears - Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
30. New York Jets - Martez Wilson, LB, Illinois
31. Pittsburgh Steelers - Mike Pouncey, OG, Florida
32. Green Bay Packers - Muhammed Wilkerson, DL, Temple

SimonRath
03-03-2011, 11:36 AM
I like Baldwin but the falcons wont take him.

DiG
03-03-2011, 11:37 AM
I like Baldwin but the falcons wont take him.

thanks for the in depth thoughtful analysis?

SimonRath
03-03-2011, 11:46 AM
thanks for the in depth thoughtful analysis?

haha sorry. If I remember correctly Baldwin threw his QB/coaching staff under the bus for him not having a good season. Could be wrong though. He isnt at all a good run blocker which is obviously important for the falcons because they are a run first team. The Falcons take high character guys who were team captains and who never/almost never have any off field issues.

DiG
03-03-2011, 12:24 PM
haha sorry. If I remember correctly Baldwin threw his QB/coaching staff under the bus for him not having a good season. Could be wrong though. He isnt at all a good run blocker which is obviously important for the falcons because they are a run first team. The Falcons take high character guys who were team captains and who never/almost never have any off field issues.

yea that makes sense. i dont necessarily disagree at all with that. updated mock to reflect change of heart.

Razor
03-03-2011, 12:31 PM
Nice Patriots draft. Passing on Tyron Smith, Aldon Smith and Ryan Kerrigan would make me a sad panda, but Jordan is also a very nice selection (although he's not a natural fit). Wisniewski is also a good pick, but again I'd prefer Wilkerson because he's just such a good fit. Your Pats draft is, however, very realistic and pretty good as it is. Nice job.

Matthew Jones
03-03-2011, 12:52 PM
I'm digging the Patriots draft. I think you're very wishful to mock Green to the Redskins though.

DiG
03-03-2011, 12:54 PM
I'm digging the Patriots draft. I think you're very wishful to mock Green to the Redskins though.

i honestly didn't do it on purpose. i had no belief last year that orakpo would be available with our pick either. i wouldnt be surprised to see green go earlier but like i said no trades in this mock and the other picks just made sense to me for one reason or another.

txparkes49x
03-03-2011, 01:09 PM
I like Amukamara. good pick

prock
03-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Paea is nice and all, but there is no way he has higher value than Bowers IMO.

wicket
03-03-2011, 02:19 PM
honestly im struggling to see a fit for houston in the saints defense but he is a good player and fills a general need in passrush so i dont like the pick but I agree with the sentiment

Babylon
03-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Seattle

Like the Ponder pick for what is available. Winning that division has cost the Seahawks dearly in this draft, hope it was worth it.

akvikefan89
03-03-2011, 02:30 PM

I second this.

Pat Sims 90
03-03-2011, 02:41 PM
The Bengals prolly wont take a Defense player till the 3rd round unless one falls in the 2nd that they really like. I dont see the Bengals passing on AJ Green if he is there.

marshallb
03-03-2011, 02:42 PM

I second this.

I'd have to third that, although I'm not that big of a fan of Paea at 12; if we were to trade down then Paea would be fine. Bowers would be a fantastic value there, though and would be great opposite Jared Allen with Kevin Williams lining up next to them.

DiG
03-03-2011, 02:44 PM
fair enough vike fans. editing an update now.

coordinator0
03-03-2011, 03:13 PM
Ayers doesn't fit on the Ravens, and I don't think it's a good pick at all. He would be an ILB in our scheme, and since he's not a polished pass-rusher I really doubt that we would try and force him at OLB. The staff seems to be content with the young ILBs we have (for better or worse), and I think we will focus on other positions during the draft.

bucsti25
03-03-2011, 03:52 PM
Great selection in Aldon Smith

TNPatsFan
03-03-2011, 03:55 PM
Good Pats draft. I'd take Kerrigan or any of a number of other guys over Jordan at 17 for the Pats, but since I don't work for them they may very well make that choice. Wisniewski is a very good possibility at 28.

Seasonticketholder
03-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Now that the Saints have signed Pierre Thomas to an extension, which lessens our need for a RB, then I could accept Justin Houston. I would prefer Ryan Kerrigan over him if he were around when we picked.

thebow305
03-04-2011, 12:45 AM
Ingram is a great pick

Nalej
03-04-2011, 08:17 AM
If the Pats take a B.Reed at 33, then the first round looks even better

49erNation85
03-04-2011, 08:33 AM
Descent SF pick.However,If miller and PP are gone might as well go QB and get Locker or Quinn.

Poz51
03-04-2011, 11:13 AM
3. Buffalo Bills - Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
4. Cincinnati Bengals - Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU

The only way the Bills take Gabbert is if Nix and Gailey believe he is a franchise QB, I having been doing alot of reading up (research) into Nix and Gailey lately, and Nix has had his hands heavily involved in the drafting of Brees and Manning (superbowl winning QB's), and the subsiquent trade for Rivers (best non-winning superbowl QB in NFL, IMO), we all know about Gailey and QB's. In which case I endorse the pick, despite my own views. So if they take him over PP, I would expect big things and its a good pick, otherwise I would not be surprised at all if Buffalo uses the 3rd pick on Peterson if Carolina and Denver pass on him. For the purposes of this mock, I will go with the franchise QB over the squeaky clean, physical freak... Nice pick ;)

21ST
03-04-2011, 12:08 PM
Thank you jesus

Bengals78
03-04-2011, 12:14 PM
I am not a fan of Peterson to Cincy.
We could still keep Joseph. And plan on it after the CBA is finished.

vidae
03-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Great KC pick. My mancrush of the year and it isn't close. Good job!

DiG
03-04-2011, 12:55 PM
I am not a fan of Peterson to Cincy.
We could still keep Joseph. And plan on it after the CBA is finished.

i just cant see how the bengals could pass on peterson if he was on the board. there is no hiding how badly they need a fs where peterson could be phenomonal or they keep him at cb and either let joseph walk or end up with a nasty starting duo. he's clearly the bpa and simply too talented.

Bengals78
03-04-2011, 12:58 PM
i just cant see how the bengals could pass on peterson if he was on the board. there is no hiding how badly they need a fs where peterson could be phenomonal or they keep him at cb and either let joseph walk or end up with a nasty starting duo. he's clearly the bpa and simply too talented.

Reggie Nelson was actually really good at the end of the season. We have no SS right now. Roy cant stay healthy. Ndukwe cant cover.