Atlanta Adrian Clayborn
New England Ben Ijalana
Chicago Derek Sherrod
New York Jets Phil Taylor
Pittsburgh Aaron Williams
Green Bay Cameron Heyward

Saints Dome Patrol
03-04-2011, 04:48 AM
DecisiveLeaf, first, welcome to DraftCountdown.com and the Draft Countdown forums!

Second of all, I know you have definitely made friends with almost all the Saints fans on this forum with you having New Orleans selecting Oregon State defensive tackle Stephen Paea. He is a man-beast who has a tremendous upside and could immediately improve the Saints' front four.

fenikz
03-04-2011, 05:03 AM
Just wondering why Quinn over Miller, he clearly out preformed him at the combine and even in the 09-10 season when they both played

Matthew Jones
03-04-2011, 07:30 AM
Pretty solid Patriots mock...I'd dig Watt, but I don't know if the Patriots would draft him over someone like Cameron Heyward, who's a cleaner projection into New England's defense. Ijalana is a possibility but they might look for more of a true interior lineman there.

Nalej
03-04-2011, 08:13 AM
I agree with the above except, I don't see how the Pats don't grab Kerrigan if he's available at 17.

49erNation85
03-04-2011, 08:30 AM
OK SF pick

thebow305
03-04-2011, 12:21 PM
I like Ingram.

T-RICH49
03-04-2011, 12:36 PM
love Houston

DecisiveLeaf
03-04-2011, 06:29 PM
Just wondering why Quinn over Miller, he clearly out preformed him at the combine and even in the 09-10 season when they both played

I don't think he really fits in any scheme. He's too small for the 3-4, teams will run all over him. At 6' 3", he's lighter than Dumervil, who's 4 inches shorter than him. Plus, he only has one move, the speed rush. He's also not good enough in pass coverage to consistently play the 4-3. Plus, you take away his greatest asset, rushing the passer. These one trick pony's always get exposed in the NFL, I'm just not buying into the hype. Brooks Reed will be better than this guy.

CheeseKnuckles
03-04-2011, 09:09 PM
I like the Packers pick.

DecisiveLeaf
03-05-2011, 02:26 AM
Pretty solid Patriots mock...I'd dig Watt, but I don't know if the Patriots would draft him over someone like Cameron Heyward, who's a cleaner projection into New England's defense. Ijalana is a possibility but they might look for more of a true interior lineman there.

I don't even view Ijalana as a tackle. I have him rated as the best OG in this draft. I've also noticed that Belichick likes tall DE for his 3-4. Watt fits the physical description for Belichick's ideal 5-technique, and he's scheme versatile, which I know Bill would like.

I agree with the above except, I don't see how the Pats don't grab Kerrigan if he's available at 17.

Despite his success at the combine, I'm not convinced he's anymore than a 4-3 DE. He doesn't have the fluidity to backpedal in coverage, and he gains much of his pass rushing power from his legs. By staying low in his stance, and exploding up, he stands a better chance of success in the 4-3.

prock
03-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Cam Jordan is a solid selection.